Newest Review: ... but it did make night times more tolerable. My second daughter also suffered, but Colief did absolutely nothing for her. I would recommend... more
Colief - End to Screaming Baby and Sleepless Nights
Author Name: Nat
Advantages: Sleep! Much Happier Baby
Disadvantages: Cost and Preparation
We were struggling with our first baby who has bad colic. Due to the pain he wanted to breastfeed constantly which probably made matters worse and of course knackered me. Our health visitor mentioned that some of her Mums had used Colief with some success unlike other brands which were next to useless. We were warned of the expense and at £9.99 a bottle it's not cheap but worth every penny despite what i am about to say...... It's a bit time consuming if you're using on a breastfed baby as you have to express some milk first (to be spoon fed) and add 4 drops to it per feed. I found it easier to express once a day and keep a supply in the fridge. As for expense.....well, at the moment our little one is feeding 11 times a day and the small bottle is lasting about 4 days!!Having said that I don't begrudge the cost as he has gone from screaming constantly in what appears to be agony to only crying occasionally after a feed when he needs help bringing up his wind. It also only took about 1/2 day to be effedtive. It's worth noting that I have today found out that this can be prescribed by the doctor but they are not necessarily aware, and don't normally prescribe anything for Colic, so it's worth pushing the point.
Summary: Even if you can't get it prescribed ignore the cost as you won't regret it if it works
More reviews in the field of Medicine
- Olbas Oil safe for Dogs, Earache, Muscle Pain etc not just Colds & Flu
- Fast working pain releif
- Colic Be Gone!
- Wartner/ Scholl
- Goodbye pain...hello sleepiness
- My ONLY moisturiser for nearly 20 years!!
- Helping to ease my neck pain....!
- Asda Parcetamol Caplets
- Who needs brands?
- Helping me breathe more easily.
- Kirkland Signature by Borghese Age-Defying Protective Moisture Lotion Spf 15
- Kirkland Signature Aspirin-Safety Coated Enteric (Regular Strength) 325mg Tablet ...
- Kirkland Signature Anti-Diarrhoeal 2mg (Loperamide Hydrochloride)
- Kirkland Signature Antacid (Regular Strength) Calcium Carbonate 500mg Assorted F ...
- Kirkland Signature Aller-Tec 10mg (Cetirizine Hcl/ Antihistamine) Tablets
- Difflam Spray
- Rinstead Pastilles
- Dulcolax laxatives
- Sterimar Nasal Spray
- Benadryl Allergy Relief