Product Type: Gaviscon medicinal products
Newest Review: ... is a something a lot of people can't stand. When my husband was advised to take Gaviscon for a while he had to thin it down with equal ... more
A great heartburn remedy
Author Name: popmusicfan
Date: 01/02/12, updated on 01/02/12 (18 review reads)
Advantages: It works
Gaviscon is a great remedy for heartburn and acid reflux, which I suffer from on a regular basis. You can buy Gaviscon in various sized bottles. I opt for the larger sized bottle as it lasts throughout the year. It keeps well too.
The liquid is pink in colour and quite thick in consistency. I pour a small amount (around five ml) onto a teaspoon and swallow it. If my heartburn isn't too bad I take a couple of spoonfuls. However, if my heartburn is really bad I take around four spoonfuls. The liquid tastes nice. It has a pleasant minty taste to it and it goes down well. It can leave a minty aftertaste in your mouth for around an hour or so but this soon disappears. I wouldn't say that the aftertaste is unpleasant, it's just rather strong.
The liquid takes around fifteen minutes or so to kick in but it offers relief from the moment you swallow it. It's lovely and soothing and it helps to relieve the symptoms of heartburn and/ or acid reflux almost straight away.
It's great value as it lasts ages. Even one spoonful can be enough to offer relief. It's widely available to buy too and you can buy it over the counter without needing a prescription.
A fantastic heartburn remedy.
Summary: A great heartburn remedy
More reviews in the field of Medicine
- ACHOO! All the way home!
- For him and me
- Note: Eskimo not included
- A lifesaver during pregnancy - thank you Gaviscon
- Ideal for kids....but not cheap!
- Bonjela Teething Gel - may help a little but doesn't get rid of discomfort
- I am never withot a botte of this stuff!
- It does the job
- I'm not the bravest cold-sufferer - Give me Max Strength!!
- helping us all to breathe
- Asda Anti-Diarrhoea Capsules
- Boots Max Strength Cold & Flu Capsules
- Boots Non-Drowsy Hayfever Relief
- Superdrug Constipation Relief Tablets
- Anadin Original
- Lemsip Max Lemon Tablets
- Tesco Hayfever and Allergy Relief Tablets
- Covonia Cold and Flu Formula
- Lemsip Cough Max
- Asda Max Strength Cold and Flu Relief Sachets