Product Type: GlaxoSmithKline medicinal products
Newest Review: ... it and couldn't order it fast enough. As soon as it arrived I felt a little disappointed. It is quite a small tube, not what I was expect... more
Member Name: Nik-Nac
GlaxoSmithKline Eumovate Eczema and Dermatitis Cream
Advantages: Calms irritated skin. Lasts for quite a long time if used properly.
Disadvantages: Quite expensive. Can't be used too often.
After suffering with my eczema for almost a year, and getting fed up with regular visits to my pretty useless doctor's surgery I googled my problem and came up with this little cream. I read a lot of good reviews about it and couldn't order it fast enough.
As soon as it arrived I felt a little disappointed. It is quite a small tube, not what I was expecting at all for the price (about £5.50) but I soon realised that very small amounts of this cream are needed to really make a difference to cracked, itchy red flare ups. It is a miracle cream. It is a mild steroid cream (which is why it can be purchased over the counter) so should not be used for long periods of time and should be applied sparingly. It should not be used on the face, as skin is thinner there and steroid creams over time thin skin even more.
As soon as I applied this cream to the area I was affected (my hands) the itchiness subsided. My flare up was gone within four days and I still had plenty of cream left for my next flare up. The cream doesn't really have a smell and is rich rather than greasy.
I have found storing this in the fridge can help as it really calms down itchy skin.
Summary: A little goes a long way
More reviews in the field of Medicine
- Kirkland Signature Allergy Medicine (Diphenhydramine Hci 25mg)
- Kirkland Signature Aspirin-Safety Coated Enteric (Regular Strength) 325mg Tablet ...
- Kirkland Signature Anti-Diarrhoeal 2mg (Loperamide Hydrochloride)
- Kirkland Signature Antacid (Regular Strength) Calcium Carbonate 500mg Assorted F ...
- Kirkland Signature Aller-Tec 10mg (Cetirizine Hcl/ Antihistamine) Tablets
- Nytol 16 Caplets
- Calpol Night
- Karvol Vaporiser
- Tesco Paracetamol Tablets
- Benadryl One A Day Relief