Newest Review: ... at night. It just depends how lazy I feel really but I generally try and use the tissue rather than a pillow case. These capsules are not... more
A mums best friend
Karvol Decongestant Capsules
Member Name: clairemarks
Karvol Decongestant Capsules
Advantages: clears stuffy noses
Disadvantages: burns if comes in contact to skin
As its now the time of year that everyone feels rubbish with blocked noses and colds I am going to review something that I can only describe as a god send.
As I have two young daughters that are forever getting coughs and colds I needed to find a product that would ease their blocked nose and help then sleep at night. I find it extremely annoying that they were forever waking in the early hours as they could not breath properly and felt the need to scream the house down to let me know.
I was out shopping a few moths back when I can across the Karvol decongestant capsules. I remembered these from when I was younger as my mum used to use these for my brother. I decided to buy some. They cost £3.99 and there were 10 capsules in a packet. I found out that I did use these quite quickly with having two children so you can also buy Karvol that is in a bottle which lasts longer. I personally like these as I know that one capsule equals to one dose.
Each Karvol capsule smells lovely and contains a combination of vapour products including menthol, cinnamon, and pine oil.
The directions for night and day use are as follows...
* Karvol is not to be used for babies under 3 months.
* For babies over 3 months and young children - snip top off capsule, and dab the contents onto a handkerchief tied securely near to but out of reach of the child. I found it to be a good idea if I put the drops onto a hanky and placed that onto the radiator. The vapours would then fill the room. I also used to tie a hanky to the cot so that the hanky was near them.
* For older children and adults - At night dab the contents of one capsule on bedding, or a handkerchief nearby. I always make sure that If I put it on the pillow I make sure that its on the underneath as if this stuff gets into your eyes it will burn like hell.. I find putting the karval on to their night wear works well making sure that they have several layers on so that the karval doesn't make contact with the skin as it will burn.
* In the daytime, squeeze the contents onto a tissue or handkerchief, and inhale the vapour, or add the capsule contents to a bowl of hot water, and use as an inhalation. I have found that if I have a cold it works well for me in the day as I will dab a few drops onto my scarf so I can smell it when I go out.
This is printed on the box:-
* Precautions: For inhalation only. Avoid direct contact with eyes and skin. Do not put drops directly in mouth or nose. If swallowed accidentally seek medical advice. Consult your doctor if symptoms persist.
I would recommend the Karvol range to anyone. It is a good effective way to get rid of blocked noses and will give you and your little ones a good night sleep.
Summary: great stuff