Newest Review: ... to stop breathing and then panic!!! I decided to go the chemist and ask their advise about which product will be best to use to unblock my... more
How to help a Child with a cold sleep
Member Name: Moatymoo
Date: 02/10/00, updated on 02/10/00 (474 review reads)
Advantages: Helps aid a better nights sleep
Disadvantages: Quite expensive for the amount in the packet
When your child has a cold it can be one of the most tiring experiences for you.
They don't sleep as they either have a blocked nose causing them discomfort or a runny nose causing a cough every time they lay on their backs.
Here are some tips for other mothers out there. They have worked for me so I hope they work for you.
1. Give your child a nice warm bath before bedtime. Shut the bathroom door and put some Karvol drops into some hot water. The fumes will help to clear the airways.
2. After the bath dry your child off well and get them dressed up nice and warm perhaps putting some vics on their chest.
3. Before bedtime give them some infant paracetamol to keep the temperature down and any aches and pains away.
4. If they have a runny nose prop them up with a pillow under the matteress to stop it running down the back of their throat and causing them to cough (works brilliantly)
5. Place some Karvol drops on a hanky by their head or attached to the cot.
6. Make sure they have plenty of fluids even during the night. The more fluids you give your child the quicker their cold virus should disapear and flush out of their system.
Finally make sure you give them plenty of Love. They need more cuddles from Mummy and Daddy at this time.
Karvol Capsuls really help the breathing and stopping your child getting distressed at night time but they are not the only answer. Karvol now also does a plug in device. It works in the same way as these plug in air fresheners and has the liquid in the bottom. Gently filling the air with Karvol to clear the airways of the child in the room.