Product Type: Rennie medicinal products
Newest Review: ... mint flavours and a multiflavour pack which I am not too keen on as I don't like Rennies lemon tablet. The tablets come in a cardboard b... more
Orange Rennie - Chewable Relief from Indigestion.
Member Name: Karonher
Advantages: Easy to chew and quick to work
Disadvantages: Nothing really - they do what they say they will.
Having used various tablets for indigestion I recently decided to change and see how good Rennies are. I remember my mum using Rennies years ago and having tried them at the time I remembered the awful taste they had. Last week I went to get some more tablets and found that they did not have Tums in stock and Gaviscon was not on offer. All the packs they had were £5 and over and then I saw Orange Rennies. Surely these would have to be better than the original ones.
They stood out on the shelf due to having a bright orange box so I went for the smaller of the packs - the one with 24 tablets.
There were the normal warnings that you get with this sort of product and that is not too take more than the prescribed dose, not to give to under 12 year old and not to take for a long period of time. 16 a day is the limit but there was one thing that I found strange and that was the instruction to take an hour after meals. For me that is very quick for heartburn or indigestion to start so I decided to do what I normally do and wait for the symptoms to begin.
The taste was quite pleasant and clearly orangey so it took away the bad memories I had of using them. As usual I chewed them and there was not the unpleasant chalky taste that comes with some tablets. They did the job within 10 to 15 minutes and I will be happy to use these along with Tums when the symptoms are not too severe.
Orange Rennie contains 500mg Calcium Carbonate per tablet, and this is the equivalent of 200mg of Calcium.
I bought these in Superdrug and paid £2.09 for them.
Summary: A quick and effective relief from indigestion and heartburn.
More reviews in the field of Medicine
- Asda Paracetamol - Bargain price - handy to keep in your handbag as well as firs ...
- Good, but not as good as Lemsip
- Sudafed Mucus Relief
- Care Plus Simple Linctus Paediatric
- The final solution
- Want to stop the scratch'n'sniff?
- Care + simple linctus paediatric medicine
- BELL'S LINCTUS.... an old-timer
- Calpol six plus
- XS fight back against Excess!
- Steroplast Fabric Dressing Strip
- Steroplast Elasticated Tubular Bandage
- Steroplast Crepe Bandages
- Steroplast Conforming Bandages
- Steroplast Cohesive Bandage Blue
- Clearogen Treatment Set 2 Month Supply
- Citrucel With Smart Fibre
- Clearogen Acne Lotion
- Clearogen Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Clearogen Clarifying Skin Toner