Product Type: Vicks medicinal products
Newest Review: ... creates painful tingling in my nostrils and throat which I thought must be something to do with inflammation and the product coming into co... more
Cured my cold!
Vicks First Defence
Author Name: Snotless and Fancy Free
Vicks First Defence
Advantages: It actually works.
Disadvantages: Can be painful.
Here's a diary of what happened:
Thursday Night: A tingling sensation at back of throat and generally feeling a bit "weird".
Friday Noon: Sore throat developing, beginning to feel aches.
Saturday Morning: Sore throat fully developed, still feel achy. This is definitely a cold developing.
Saturday Noon: I purchased Vicks First Defence and used it as directed. By this time I still had a sore throat but I was not as yet experiencing any signs of nasal congestion/discharge, so I estimated the infection had yet to take full hold.
Following the directions, I blasted each nasal passage with 3 squirts of this stuff and made sure to apply every 4 hours (although I missed a couple of treatments). Yes, I felt the stinging sensation others described. On some applications, it felt like somebody had smacked me around the back of the head and pepper sprayed my eyes. As my symptoms went, the applications did not sting anymore.
Sunday Noon: Each application makes my nose run for an hour, then I experience no cold symptoms apart from being a bit stiff still.
Monday Morning: I feel fine. I keep applying the spray as directed.
Monday Night: I am asymptomatic. I did not develop a cold.
When I get a cold, my body almost always does the same thing - a sore throat for 3 days then 10 days of snot fuelled misery, possibly leading to sinusitis - so I feel sure that this really did fight off a cold successfully.
First Defence simply did exactly what it stated it would do.
I wish I could shake the hands of the bold scientists who developed this excellent product.
Summary: From now on I'll be keeping a bottle of this in the medicine cabinet.
More reviews in the field of Medicine
- 'miracle' cream for my poor feet!
- Clear your nasal passages with Benadryl!
- It has to be cruel to be kind
- Cured my neverending headache!
- Blow the dust away
- No longer one for all the family
- The price of this medication was enough to make my heart burn!
- Vicks inhlaer
- Affordable Cough Syrup for Little People
- Breathe Easy
- Beechams Ultra All In One Capsules
- Beechams Max Throat relief Lozenge Blackberry
- Beechams Flu Plus Capsules
- Beechams Decongestant Plus With Paracetamol
- Beechams Cold & Flu Hot Lemon
- Tixylix Toddler Syrup
- Wind Setlers
- Asda Non Drowsy Allergy Relief
- Superdrug Ibuprofen Tablets
- Boots Travel Calm Tablets