1983home

User that trust you
    • Optrex Allergy Eye Drops / Medicine / 43 Readings / 43 Ratings
      03.09.2013 09:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

worked on my eyes

This year I have started suffering from Hay fever, I have tried to summarise everything that I use and this is the final product that I used for my eyes. My eyes with the hay fever were itchy and as much I tried to avoid rubbing them it did not always happen, once you start you cannot stop and before you know it your eyes are really sore and red. This is when the doctor advised me to try some eyedrops.

In the chemist I came across optrex itchy eye drops they cost £3.79, the liquid contains natural plant extracts and purified water which relieves the irritation that is caused by pollen, pet hair and dust mites, so it covers a range of various allergies. It helps by cleaning the eye surface and removing the particles from your allergy.

The liquid instantly sets to work cleaning the eyes and instantly stopped me from rubbing my eyes and irritating them further.

To use this tilt your head back, make sure it is not tilted too far otherwise it goes everywhere and place a few drops into each eye and they will instantly feel refreshed and a lot more comfortable. I found excess liquid your eye did not want would run out of your eye and also they would appear watery for a few seconds after use, but the more you blink the quicker they return to normal.

This is great to use as it can be used daily, there are no strong medications in the solution so it can be used for as many days as you require, which I found great at the start I applied it hourly and after a few day I was needing the drops less and less.

Overall this was worth every penny, once used regularly this stopped the irritation in my eyes and the want to itch them in the first place. The only disadvantage is that you should disregard this after 28 days, but hopefully by then your allergy has cleared up so it should not be a problem.

I will give this product 4 stars it's great I only took a star off for its short life span once opened.

22.08.2013 16:19

Advantages

Disadvantages

great

I have joined the hay fever sufferers and I have to say it is not a nice thing to have.

Piriteze is an Allergy Tablet and they come in packs of 12 Tablets which cost £4.69, they also come in smaller 7 tablet packets as well as larger packs. If these are something that you have to take daily you will make a bigger saving if you buy the larger bulk packets as they are more cost effective.

I take the Piriteze One a Day, I take it every morning when I wake up and know that I am covered for the day. I take these as they do not cause me any drowsiness. You need to make sure that you take these tablets with food and drink.

I have not had any issues or side effects when taking this tablets and I have been using them for a number of years for my prickly heat in the summer months. They work well you just have to allow them to enter into your system they are not a quick fix, If you need immediate help then I suggest trying a cream.

Once I had taken these for a week they were helping fight against my hay fever, One morning I forgot to take my Piriteze and by late afternoon I was sneezing and had a blocked nose. I immediately took one and a few hours later felt normal again.

These worked really well for me and they are definitely something that I will always keep in my medicine cabinet ready for the next bout of hay fever or prickly heat.

• Beconase / Plant / 81 Readings / 79 Ratings
          13.08.2013 10:13

Advantages

Disadvantages

great anti inflammatory

This year has been the first year that I have suffered with hay fever and I am now 30 years old and managed to avoid it till this year. There must be a strong or new pollen out there I had itchy eyes, a blocked nose and was sneezing constantly.

Beconase is a spray that is used up your nasal passage, which would help with my blocked nose, the doctor said that there were others on the market, but this was one of the best on the market to try.

It helps with all most of your hay fever symptoms, the sneezing, congestion, itchy and runny nose and is only recommended for use on adults over the age of 18 years of age.

The bottle that I purchased claims that it has 100 does in it, I did not count so could not say if this was correct or not, but for the small bottle a little amount of this product can go a long way.

It is great anti inflammatory as it is applied direct to the problem area. To use this affectively shake the bottle gently before you use it, then put two sprays up each nostril twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening is best. Tilt your head back slightly and as you press the pump breath in to inhale the anti inflammatory. Make sure that you do not use it any more than that and you should not use it for longer than a month unless advised by your doctor and if your symptoms have not improved after 7 days it is best to stop using it.

Unlike some hay fever remedies this is non drowsy so you can use this and carry on with your day as normal.

I was struggling to sleep with my hay fever so I tried a number of different products, my blocked nose was the worst symptom and this worked wonders after the second day of use. It did not work instantly as my nose was so blocked the anti inflammatory was not getting direct to the area but after the second day it worked wonders and was well worth every penny. I could breathe and manage to actually get to sleep without having to steam before bed and when I got up.

When applying I found that if your nose was blocked it was hard to inhale it effectively so if possible try and clear your nose as much as possible before use otherwise you could have the solution running back out of your nose. Before the first use I also pumped a few sprays into a tissue first to make sure that when I sprayed it up my nose I got the right amount, as on first use the pump may not have the right amount of solution in and work effectively.

I paid£5.65 from my local chemist, it was easier but I know they are more expensive, but I have since seen it on special in Tesco for £3.83 with a offer of save a 1/3 so I picked up another bottle while it was on offer, I will always keep a bottle on hand.

Overall a great product that worked really well on my symptoms and made my hay fever manageable and allowed me to get a good night's sleep again.

• ELC Water Sprinkler / Outdoor Toy / 79 Readings / 79 Ratings
            29.07.2013 10:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

cool down fun

This hot summer season my nephew was getting bored with his paddling pool, being three he would play with it for a while and then would go off to do something else and not necessarily use it again. It's only a small paddling pool but for the 20 minutes of fun before he got bored we opted to try a different approach in trying to cool him down as it took longer to fill it up.

We found a water sprinkler from the Early Learning Centre, it's a child safe sprinkler, is has the same principals of your usual garden sprinkler just child friendly. The sprinkler is a big inflatable ring and it sprays water in all directions while your child can run in and out of the ring getting wet and cooling down.

This is not just fun for the kids I was running around with my nephew and we had a great time there is something about water that he loves as long as he does not have to get into the bath.

All you need to do is lay the ring out preferably on the lawn on a soft surface, you then attach the hose pipe from the garden to the ring and make sure you use a slow flow of water having the tap on full could create a high pressure and burst the ring. It is compact enough that you can easily store it away after use and it does not take up a lot of space like a paddling pool.

The picture on the box makes it look like the water goes really high, unfortunately it does not go as high as this but I don't think this is a problem, especially when your three years old.

The great thing about this being inflatable is that if a child falls on it or steps on it they will not cause themselves any injury or harm, it will just flatten the inflatable until pressure is released, although too much pressure could cause the ring to burst and split. It is easy to fold away and is compact so takes up minimal storage unlike a paddling pool it can be quite bulky to store in your garage or shed.

It does come with a puncture kit should any leaks occur they can be easily fixed, I have read other reviews about this bursting after a few hours, my nephew only uses it for 5 minutes a few times a day so it still in great condition and working two weeks on. For £8 I was not expecting anything amazing but this is great fun and a lot easier than inflating and filling up the paddling pool.

You can leave the ring out connected to the hose pipe and turn the tap on and off when you need to cool off, while cooling down the children it also helps to water your grass at the same time.

I would happily pay more money if they made the inflatable ring with a thicker material so it was more durable. I could imagine that Ii my nephew played with this for hours a day it would not be working now.

The only disadvantage that I have at the moment is that if you don't have access to a hope pipe this is not something that you can use. But I could see as it's a flimsy inflatable could easily split, but as of yet I have been one of the lucky ones.

• ELC Giant Skittles / Outdoor Toy / 44 Readings / 43 Ratings
              28.07.2013 21:17

Advantages

Disadvantages

easy to store away

You always want your children to play outside as often as possible and in doing this you need to put some new toys outside to encourage them to play and this is when I came across some Giant Skittles they were in the sale from £15 to £7.50 in the Early Learning Centre, so I thought they would be perfect and great fun to play with in the sun.

There are 6 large skittles and a large bowling bal, which even has the three holes in like a normal bowling ball for you to put your fingers into. They are inflatable so they take up minimal space when you need to put them away. The aim of the game is to set the six skittles up and then you roll the ball to see how many you can knock over, the aim is to knock over all 6 skittles with one throw. It also suggests on the instructions that you can use the skittles as bats to hit the ball from one person to another and with 6 bats it will allow up to 6 players at any one time which is great if you have a number of children to occupy.

Not only are the Giant Skittle great fun to play with they also help children to build up their strength and co-ordination trying to hit the skittles, whist keeping them playing outside getting some well needed fresh air and exercise.

When we inflated the skittles, they were larged than i thought that they would be, they are 68cm high so there are big enough but not too big either and the ball is 35cm wide.

They can be played with outside or inside, but I would not recommend playing with this unless it was in a playroom away from anything breakable as you never know with children accident do happen.

The children had great fun playing with these, we set up a little tournament for each child to take it in turns to see how many they could knock over and the winner after the three rounds was the winner.

For the £7.50 price tag this was well worth it, it kept everyone entertained throughout the day, they were easy to blow up and use and they are just as easy to let down and put them away for another day. Being inflatable means they are waterproof, I would not recommend leaving them outside overnight as a strong wind could blow them away in to a neighbours garden or through them into a bush and possibly pierce the skittle.

I am not too sure though if they are worth the usual £15 price tag though so will give them 4 stars.

• Poundland Mega Bubbles / Outdoor Toy / 66 Readings / 64 Ratings
                26.07.2013 07:34

Advantages

Disadvantages

well worth the quid

I was shopping in Poundland the other day trying to see if there were any bargains to be had, you find that there is not always a bargain as they may shrink the size of the packet or they might be near the use by date, but some times there is a bargain.

My nephew when he comes round plays with a bubble gun and loves to chase the bubbles around the garden popping them, it keeps him entertained for hours.

The mega bubbles is one of the Poundland items that I think is great value for money, we always seem to be running out at home and using washing up liquid and water never seems to work the same, so I got this bottle to give it a try.

Having seen these large bottles in the Early Learning Centre for £5 these were a bargain at a pound, granted the bottles do not look so attractive at the ones in the Early Learning Centre but we just throw them away to be recycled after use so you really are paying for the container and not the contents.

The bubbles come in a yellow plastic container and it has 1 Litre of bubble mix, which kept my nephew entertained for a good few weeks. It has a white screw lid so that you can pour the bubbles you need and reapply the lid for use next time without and spillage or waste.

This mixture works perfectly with the bubble gun, there are some more expensive liquids out there that are quite thick and do not work with the gun properly and the gun spins around without releasing any bubbles. This was perfect we also used it with bubble wands that we have had from other bubble pots and these worked well too, large bubbles waiting to be popped.

This bubble solution using the standard wand creates a large number of bubbles as it is the perfect consistency, we have tried to water the solution down, but this does not work anywhere near as well and does not produce anywhere near as many bubbles.

We have now been using the bubbles for a number of weeks and there is still some mixture left, I will definitely be stocking up when I next go into Poundland as I know if you do not get it when you see it, it may not be there next time.

There are a lot of smaller pots available but this is still better value for money, you could refill those pots from your large bottle of Poundland Mega bubbles which would be far more cost effective than replacing them.

• ELC Golf Set / Outdoor Toy / 65 Readings / 62 Ratings
                  25.07.2013 10:16

Advantages

Disadvantages

fun for the kids

You have got to love a sale, we all love to grab a bargain and with the great weather we are having I snapped up a lot of items in the half price sale for his birthday. This half price bargain was the golf Set it was £8 but now £4 in the sale, which I thought was good value for money.

The golf set is suitable for ages 3 years and up on the label, but there are no small parts so as long as younger children are supervised I cannot see there being a problem. There are two golf clubs and two plastic golf balls, which is great as two people can play at the same time. These clubs and balls are larger than standard clubs but they need to be to allow children to play with them effectively.

They are also plastic so there is no fear that any damage can be caused if the ball hits anything that it shouldn't. I was surprised with the quality of the clubs I thought that they would be quite flimsy for £4, but they were not they are a sturdy plastic which will last the next few summers in the garden.

The golf set is great it can be used in the back garden or they are light enough to take on a day trip such as a picnic and keep the children entertained, whilst having the space they need.

My nephew loves being outside and this golf set keeps him entertained, whilst encouraging his hand and eye coordination. It took him a while to get the club and the ball in line with each other, but once he mastered it there was no stopping him. We now line up buckets and pots and we try and get the golf balls in to the buckets.

The only disadvantage I find with this product is that they do not supply any holes to go with the golf set you have to find something suitable you can use, this is not always ideal as if you are out for the day there are not always items to hand. All you have to use is some small plastic mouldings that act as a hole. But for £4 I can complain too much.

• ELC Rocket Zoomer / Outdoor Toy / 55 Readings / 55 Ratings
                    24.07.2013 14:35

Advantages

Disadvantages

great fun for all

Another present that I got for my nephew on my trip to the Early Learning Centre to keep him amused in the garden was a Rocket Zoomer, that too was in the sale for £3 instead of its £6 price tag and I have to say this was one of the favourite presents that I purchased from the Early Learning Centre it stays in the middle of the garden and he is regularly playing with it.

It is for children over the age of 3 years old as there are some small components, there is a base that comes with two foam rockets, you place one of the foam rockets on the base and then with your foot you stamp on to the launch pad to blast the rocket into the sky. Its helps your child to use their co-ordination in launching the rocket, whilst also making it fun to play with.

The rocket zoomer that I purchased has a blue base and launch pad, there is then a green tube connecting between the two. The rockets are red and yellow.

How the zoomer works is that when you stamp your foot onto the launch pad which is like a foot pump, it releases a blast of air and carries the rocket into the sky. The harder you press the launch pad there is more air released and higher into the sky the rocket is launched.

The great thing with two rockets is that if you have two children playing with the rocket zoomer each child can take it in turns to see who can launch their rocket higher into the sky.

At the start my nephew only lightly touched the launch pad which meant that the rockets barely got off the ground, but he has now realised that the harder you jump the higher the rocket goes.
                    In looking on the website so see if they are still on special they are also recommend that the colours of these rockets may alter.

For £3 I recommend this for any child it will keep them amused for hours on end whilst playing in the garden and getting some fresh air. I would not recommend using this indoors the foam rockets are quite light but could still cause some serious damage to your ceiling lights.

There is only one small disadvantage is that if you press on the launch pad with too much force the pipe can disconnect from the base but this is easy to reattach and because of that I am only giving it four stars.

• ELC Scoop / Outdoor Toy / 44 Readings / 42 Ratings
                      23.07.2013 22:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

great spade alternative

I was shopping around the Early Learning Centre for presents for my nephew for his birthday, there was a sale on so I managed to get him a lot more than I originally anticipated. I opted for outside toys with the great weather it was definitely time to make the most of it and he is now at that age where he can enjoy it so much more.

One of the things that I came across that I thought that he needed was a scoop that could be used in the sandpit, we have spades but they are flimsy or really small and not great when it comes to trying to build large sandcastles.

The scoop was in the sale section for £1.50 from its original price of £3 and came in a range of colours I opted for the red one. The scoop has a moulded handle so that it is easy to grip for a young child's hands as well as an adults.

It is manufactured from a durable plastic so it will last, unlike a lot of other sandpit products they can be cheap and flimsy and will not last longer than your trip to the beach. The scoop has a big depth so it can hold a larger quantity of sand and because of the way that it is designed, it also minimises the amount that you spill when moving it to your bucket.

They recommend it for children over the age of two, but as there are no small parts I am not fully aware why there is this age limit in it. It also says on the tag that you can also use the scoop with a water table and move water from one place to another too.

My nephew was able to use this scoop with ease, he was far more comfortable holding the scoop than he was using his spade to fill his bucket to make his sandcastle.

Overall a great product and with the small price tags its great, its far better quality than going to the pound shop and buying some cheap flimsy spade and bucket that they have. I give this five stars it's a great buy for any sandpit owner.

• ELC Water Pump / Outdoor Toy / 50 Readings / 49 Ratings
                      23.07.2013 11:28

Advantages

Disadvantages

great for co ordination

It was my nephew's birthday I never know what to get him as he gets so much stuff, with the warm weather I decided a trip to the Early Learning Centre and I will get him some toys to use in the garden. I did not want anything too big that was easy to store away and realised there was a sale on so he ended up with quite a few bit as you will notice in the next few reviews.

One of the items he got was a water pump, it was in the sale reduced from £4 to £2 which I thought was quite reasonable, I thought he could use it in the paddling pool and in the colder months he could play with it at bath time, keeping him amused in the bath has always been a struggle without toys to play with.

The water pump is recommend for children age 3 years and above, the pump looks like a tap, the only difference is that you pull the handle to suck up the water and it then comes out of the tap like nozzle. It's it nice bright colours, the one we have comes in blue and green with a red pump handle, the tube is clear so you can see the pump and water moving.

Its helps to develop your child's hand and eye coordination as they have to hold the tap in place while pumping the handle, otherwise the water will not appear.

My nephew got to grips using this quite quickly while he was in the paddling pool and really enjoyed playing with it, he was filling up his watering can so that he could water the plants. He loved the clear water tube that it has as he could see the water moving through the pump.

You need to make sure that the pump has air my nephew was holding it right at the bottom of the paddling pool and the water was not pumping there needs to be a gap between the pump and the base of the paddling pool so that the water pump effectively.

For the £2 price tag this was definitely worth it, I think I would also pay the £4 if it wasn't on offer but I do not think it is worth anymore than that as after a while my nephew got bored with it, he does regularly play with it but not for hours at a time probably about 10-15 minutes

18.07.2013 10:34

Advantages

Disadvantages

great durable

Every first aid box has to have plasters in them, they are essential and there are so many on the market you are spoilt for choice. This is where I always opt for a brand that I know and trust there are some plasters that's I have tried over the years and they are useless especially when you cut your finger they fall off in a matter of minutes which is not very helpful.

This is when I buy Elastoplast and I opt for the fabric strips, I have tried the waterproof plastic plasters on the market but I do not like the feel, I buy the fabric ones that are on the market. I also find that they last longer and are a lot more durable in the water.

A box of 40 assorted size fabric strips costs £2.39, which I think is great value for money and you have a different size plaster for all needs.

You need to use a plaster to make sure that you keep your wound clean and as sterile as possible to make sure that you avoid getting an infection in the wound. Before putting a plaster on a cut I place that antiseptic onto the void to minimize the risk of infection.

I also use plaster when I get a splinter; I am not very good at getting them out of my skin unless they are right at the top. I pierce the skin where the splinter is and then place antiseptic cream such as savlon and then apply a plaster over the area overnight. In the morning the antiseptic would have hopefully brought the splinter to the top of the skin so that it is easier to grab.

The plaster is comfortable to wear, when I use them on my fingers it also allows me to have full movement in my finger and it has great flexibility which I find you do not always get with plastic plasters.

The only disadvantage that I can find is that I use all of the plasters in the box apart from the large ones, I never really have a need to use them, and they normally sit in the cupboard for years until I throw them away.

17.07.2013 07:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

worth every penny

My feet never take kindly to new shoes and you just have to love getting a blister after wearing them for a short space of time, Ideally you have to change your shoes but this is not always possible if you are out and don't have access to a spare pair. This is when my friend gave me a Compeed Blister Plaster and I must say they worked wonders and they are now a regular item in my handbag for any eventuality.

The Compeed Blister Hydrocolloid plaster that I buy are the medium plasters, there are five in the packet. Each plaster is 4.2cm by 6.0cm and they are oval shape to work with the shape of the blister. They are not like your usual plaster they are a clear colour so that they if they are seen through your shoes you can hardly notice that you are wearing them.

Instead of a fabric inside the plaster there is a gel that is there that helps to cushion the blister so that is does not rub and cause further damage when you are wearing your shoes. It has a hydrocure system built in that allows the plaster to absorb the moisture that is coming from the area and creates a cushion to relieve pain and stop the pressure that can build up with a normal plaster.

These can be placed anywhere on your foot where you have a blister, be it on your heel, the most common place for a uncomfortable blister, on the side of your little toe or even on the base of your foot. Wherever there is a blister these great plasters will help.

I thought that these would not stick to your heel and would peel off after a short space of time, but I was wrong the adhesive that they have lasts well and it does not come off until I try and remove it when I take the shoes off at the end of the night, Unfortunately the plaster does not have special powers and the blister is still there.

There are a range of Compeed Blister plasters and they come on a range of different styles and sizes to suit, they retail from anything from over £4, but if you shop around there can be some great offers, such as my last purchase was buy one and get another half price.

I have to say that there are a god send they are expensive at just under a £1 a plaster but they are worth every penny. Especially when you are on a night out and are trying to enjoy yourself the last thing you want is to have sore feet. These also help as it can ne dangerous taking you shoes off in a blub or a party as a glass could have been dropped and broken and that would cause far more problems with you feet than just a blister.

A must have for any girls handbag, especially if you are a slave to fashion and are wearing shoes that are far too high or uncomfortable.

15.07.2013 21:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

help the bite diappear

When I go on holiday I am a little bit of an annoying girl guide I make sure that I have almost everything for every eventuality as long as it's small and compact I will put it into my first aid bag,

Anthisan Cream is a small 25g tube of cream that is used for the relief of insect bites, stings and nettle rash. When you on holiday there is always a risk of mosquitoes and this cream works wonders if you have been unfortunate enough to be bitten. Which I have the cream stops the irritation and stops your desire of itching the bite and causing more damage.

I was unfortunate enough to be stung by a wasp for the first time last year and this cream worked wonders on the bite it stopped the irritation and calmed the sting down. Where the sting was there was there was a sore throbbing, the sting was not in there but it was painful and irritating. Once the cream was applied it eased the pain after about twenty minutes.

Before using the cream make sure that you read the directions that come in the box thoroughly to make sure you are alright to use it.

A small amount of the cream should be applied directly to the area of the bite or sting, to make sure you get the best results you need to make sure that you use it as soon as possible after the bite. If you apply the cream it also stops it from irritating you and you scratching it, which can then irritate the skin further. You can them reapply the cream two to three times a day for up to three day and this should be long enough to allow the area to heal, if not you should seek medical attention.

You should not use it on skin if the area has been cut or grazed and it should only be used on a small area not large areas. Avoid using this if your skin is sun burnt.

I purchased my Anthisan cream from Superdrug last and it cost £4 which can be expensive, which I think is a lot of money, the good thing is that if you do not use it, it has a long expiry date so can be taken away for your next holiday.

As a child I wish this was something that I wished that my mum had as the amount of times that I had as I was regularly walking along a path or playing and I would end up walking into stinging nettles and there is nothing worse as you keg is then so itchy it is uncomfortable, The dock leaf that my Nan used to swear by never seemed to be around when you needed it.

A must have for any medicine cabinet, I would only give it 4 stars because of the price, but then again this is one of the cheaper products that is on the market, all the others I have seen for bites and stings are a lot more expensive,

13.07.2013 08:07

Advantages

Disadvantages

work well

There is nothing worse than having a bad back, be it your lower or upper back or your shoulder each area hurts just as much as the other and its an area that you still need to use during your day no matter what.

You may have slept on it awkwardly or you may have pulled a muscle whilst lifting for example, but once the pain starts it can be unbearable especially when you are trying to move.

I have managed to hurt my back on a few occasions now and fortunately it has been nothing too serious just over doing it on the heavy lifting. This is when I was in the chemist looking for some deep heat and came across these Cura Heat, Heat Patches, which I thought was a great idea especially as I cannot stand the smell of deep heat, but it has always done the job.

Cura Heat, Heat Patches come in a variety of different sizes you can buy one patch or 3 in a pack as I did. They cost £3.50 which I though was a reasonable price.

What is Cura Heat, Heat Patch it is a square patch that is roughly the size of your hand and it is a fabric like material and on one side there is a sticky adhesive. Inside the patch there are crystals that when activated with air the pad starts to warm up. You then place the patch on the area of pain, where the heat then works through the skin directly to the source of the pain. The heat helps to then increase the circulation whilst reducing the stiffness and helping to relax the sore muscle.

The patch can be worn under clothes and is not noticeable, which is ideal. It is comfortable to wear and apart from the heat at the area of pain I can hardly notice that I am wearing it.

The patch manages to stay warm for up to 12 hours , all you have to do is open the plastic sealed pocket that it comes in, make sure that you open it as directed by hand and not by scissors otherwise you could damage the patch. You the peel off the paper strip and adhere it to your clothing or underwear, wherever the pain is and the patch will then heat up for the next 30 minutes till it reaches optimum temperature and it will then remain hot for up to 12 hours.

The patches are for external use only and you should not use them over broken or bruised skin and you should also not use the heat pad whilst sleeping they are only for use during the day and they should not be used on children.

The great thing about the patch is that it is non medical it is just a heat pad. You just need to make sure that you do not open or damage the packet until you need it as it cannot be sealed or reused once it has been opened.

I find that the patch works well it does not immediately get rid of the pain, but it does help to keep the muscles warm and allow me to move and get on with my day with minimal discomfort.

When applying the patch, apply the sticky side to your clothes, I have taken the patch off after wearing all day, going to bed and the patch on my side is still slightly warm, it is a great invention and I find that is retains some heat for over the 12 hours.

If you have hurt your back I definitely recommend giving this a try they keep the muscles warm and help to making sure that you avoid any more damage by keeping the muscles warm and what's more you are doing it without any medication, just a heat pad!

It looking around Cura Heat Patches now come in a range of different formats to suits your needs.

• Piz Buin Sun Lotion SPF10 / Sun Care / 58 Readings / 57 Ratings
                                09.07.2013 10:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

great

When it comes to the sun I am a little bit of a sun worshipper, although I always apply some sun protection to protect my skin as much as possible. When it comes to sun lotion when I look in the shops I look to see what is on special offer first, if all are on some kind of deal which they usually are I opt for Piz Buin it is a brand I use regularly and trust.

Piz Buin is a brand that has been around for a number of years and I love that they come in a wide range of sun protection factors to suit you. I also love the fragrance they have it instantly makes me think of my holidays.

In extreme heat abroad with the heat and the sand I suffer from prickly heat on my legs and I use the higher allergy lotion. But when I am in the UK I use the SPF 10 in sun lotion, which comes in a 200ml bottle and I recently purchased a new bottle in Boots on half rice for just under £7.
                                It comes in the standard brown bottle and the cap is easy to open, especially when you have greasy hands.

The great thing about this lotion is that as it is a cream it is not sticky and does not leave you greasy which you can find with a lot of lotions that I have used in the past. The grease leaves marks on your clothes after use, which can ruin the clothes too.

I find that this lotion moisturises your skin at the same time, leaving your skin feeling soft. The lotion is sweat and water resistant so you do not have to worry about it wearing off after a short while. As with most lotions you should reapply every few hours to make sure that you get the best protection possible for your skin.

The In Sun Moisturising Sun Lotion SPF 10 is a Low Protection and it has a strong anti oxidant to help prevent the sun induced premature skin aging.

Overall a great lotion that is easy to apply and also rubs in well so you do not have white patches everywhere. It has a great fragrance and is a lotion that I will be using for many years to come.