- Premium reviews
- Express reviews
- Reviews rated
- Ratings received
The quintessential love story; Cocktail embodies all that is wrong with the romcom genre. A fresh-faced bartender with a thirst for wealth and fortune ends up betraying his earlier indicated moral values and aspirations in favour of marriage and children. With corny twists and swerves, the context of the film leaves much to the imagination. It's a fickle world we live in, that the protagonist can leave behind a solid passionate relationship with the woman he loves in order to court an older and richer counterpart for the sake of a bet. There is no explanation for the stories' resolution. It appears that 'Trust' is earned without reason. The ending of the film is a complete contradiction of all you learn within the first hour. When you finally finish the film, ask yourself "how does he have the money?"
On a positive note, the audience will become engrossed with the male camaraderie and playfullness of both Cruise and Brown. The film is a guilty pleasure and will remain a cult favourite for all Cruise fans. In no way should the corny context deter future viewers.
WWE NXT is a show that really should have been cancelled 2 seasons ago. It did not live up to the expectations and hype it was given. However, the show is still going on WWE.com and airs on internationally syndicated markets outside of the United States. If you haven't been watching NXT since the first/second season, or have never watched it - then I recommend you change your mind and give it a try. It's worth the watch. The wrestlers are really green, poor on the mic (most of them) and not ready for the opportunity. The show provides so many great laughs... If you are wrestling fan then you won't be able to take your eyes off of the trainwreck that is WWE NXT. Don't Miss it.
If you watch or don't watch the show.. make sure you tune in to the ineedwrestling.com recap show and listen to my thoughts about the show. This was just a teaser of my thoughts. Check ou the link below and join in the fun!! It's free... enioy.
INW NXT Recap Podcast - Explicit and Uncut!! : http://tinyurl.com/3el2aq9 - Help Me Prove that NXT is So Ridiculous...that it's Worth A Podcast
WWE No Mercy 2008 (October 5th 2008) was the 11th annual No Mercy event, hosted by the three main brands of World Wrestling Entertainment; Raw, Smackdown and ECW. Live from the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon, the PPV had an attendance of 10,000 people that saw eight professional wrestling matches on this historic event. The theme tune of No Mercy 2008 was 'All Nightmare Long' by Metallica.
The card for the evening gave promise to an exciting event. 4 titles were on the line while other stipulations held intrigue, including a number one contender's match for the WWE Title and a 'lose and remove your mask match' which featured Kane and Rey Mysterio.
The event was not very memorable for the wrestling but instead more of the growth of feuds between the wrestlers. The main events were well worked and involved some good powerhouse, technical and high flying manoeuvres. Below is some detail of the match card:
1) Matt Hardy (c) vs. Mark Henry (ECW Title Match) - This match was set due to Mark Henry's rematch clause in his contract. Having lost his belt to Hardy on ECW after Unforgiven, Matt Hardy aims in this match to keep the world strongest man down yet again. It was another case of strength vs. technique in this match. The match was a lot better than their previous bouts and was good to watch. Hardy took control for the most of the match after grounding the big man, before Henry found a way back into the match, dominating Hardy with powerful slams. Could Matt keep the Worlds Strongest Man down?? - My rating - 5/10
2) Beth Phoenix vs. Candice Michelle - This women's match was really just about going through the motions. It is usually unrealistic when you see someone who is a former glamour model going up against strong 'male' women, and seeing the glamour model being able to outwrestle the latter. This was the case for a lot of the match. As it was Candice's comeback she got a lot moves in on Phoenix. There were a lot of kicks and submission holds. All in the entire match was still a good one to watch, as always with Santino Marella in the corner of Beth. Will he get in the way and help Phoenix win?? My rating: 4/10
3) Kane vs. Rey Mysterio - This match had an interesting stipulation that if Rey Mysterio lost then he had to remove his mask after the match. I believe however that this match was hyped up too much after seeing how the match ended. This feud grew out of nothing and was extremely unrealistic in the first place. I think that the match was lacklustre. Mysterio still provides some entertaining high flying moves but the tenacity in the match was not on par with what the feud is supposed to be like. Will Kane dismantle the biggest little man?? My rating: 5/10
4) Batista vs. JBL - For the number one contenders shot at the title against the WWE RAW champion. This match was not great but did show off some good powerful displays by both wrestlers. The match didn't really provide much for the imagination but did its job in the card. The fact that JBL has been given so many title shots recently is a given that Batista would take this match, or is it?? My rating: 6/10
5) Big Show vs. Undertaker - Now that the Big Show has co-aligned with Smackdown general manager Vickie Guerrero, the Undertaker has found it harder to 'take her soul'. The Big show talked up before the event about how he could easily take down the Undertaker. Not many people have seen it before but I think it could be done. The match was quite brutal in relation to modern matches in the WWE. Both wrestlers take it to each in a brawl that leaves one person 'knocked out'. My rating: 7/10
6) Triple H (c) vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE Title (Smackdown). This match is not the first between the two. Hardy has proven to HHH before that he can have a go at the cerebral assassin. However, Jeff has always fallen just short of the yard stick when it comes to beating HHH in a title match. The match was about respect, and in my opinion if Jeff Hardy has what it takes to step up to a main event card on a regular basis in the WWE. Jeff once again throws his body on the line to entertain the fans. The crowd were really pumped for this match and showed split support for HHH and Jeff. However, will the knowledge of the game keep him the champion?? My rating - 7/10
7) Chris Jericho (c) vs. Shawn Michaels for the World Heavyweight Title (RAW) in a ladder match. These two have been around the block for years. Their second heated rivalry started a few months prior to this event. The tow had done absolutely everything already but obviously the script writers thought that they could throw these two into another scenario: a ladder match. In truth this was a great idea. Shawn Michaels (the innovator of the ladder match) against Jericho (the man who has won the most amount of ladder matches in WWE history). The two again engaged in a heated rivalry. Chairs, tables and ladders are all used in this one. What is even better is that the belt was hanging above the ladder. Many times did the two exchange blows on the top of the ladder before one managed to pull down the belt. This is a match I would watch again and one that will be showed again years ahead. My rating: 8/10.
My Opinion: I think this event showed consistency all the way through. No match can be considered as dreadful. I think the feuds were great and made the night more memorable for the viewers. The WWE just keep finding ways of keeping viewers entertained. The Title matches were well planned. The best match of the night by far was the main event between Jericho and Michaels. As the WWE has so many DVDs I always believe that it is not wise to purchase events unless they come in a box set or is Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania. However this would be a nice collector's item. The DVD also has some extras as stated below:
1) Triple threat match between the three main brand champions on the All star kickoff Smackdown show, marking the start of of Smackdown on a new channel.
2) An interview of the Big Show given by Eve Torres.
The triple threat match was a very good event indeed.
Estimated Running Time: 2 hrs 56 Mins
Languages of the DVD in English, Italian, German, Spanish and French.
Subtitles are available in English, Dutch, Portuguese and Greek. The quality of the DVD is very good along with all WWE DVD merchandise.
N.B. Carlito and Primo Colon defeated the Miz and John Morrison in a tag team match prior to the event for the fans and not for broadcast television.
Overall rating: 8/10
As written on my comparedby.us account which i have left!
"On August 15, 2009, Pittsburgh-based NBC affiliate WPXI reported that Angle had been arrested. His girlfriend (Trenesha Biggers aka Rhaka Khan) stated that she had filed a protection from abuse order and that he was stalking her. Angle was charged with \"driving while operating privilege is suspended, prohibited acts-possession, harrassment and prohibited acts\". Hygetropin, a human growth hormone, was found in his car; Angle maintained that he had a prescription for the drug." (Wikipedia).
Please read my statement below and sign the petition to help Kurt Angle clear his name:
Even though I am born and bred in the UK, I know that Kurt Angle is an American Hero. Kurt Angle is an American Olympic Gold Medalist. He has done nothing more than be a perfect role model in his life and does not deserve this scathing attack on his reputation. Please watch this video below schowing an interview between Kurt and a Pittsburgh Channel...
Comment on what you think about the incident and make sure you sign your name on the dotted line...
World Series of Poker on the Playstation Portable (PSP) is a great game to have if you are about to endure a long arduous journey. Poker has been hyped up in recent years and has reached a big peak in popularity. The game on the PSP provides you the chance to create your own Person and attempt to reach the chance to win the World Series of Poker.
You create your own character (e.g. yourself). There are a lot of attributes, clothing and haristyle options. Once you have created your character you go into the playing mode. The game gives you the chance to use your small budget to enter tournaments to increase your winnings. Some are freerolls, some are money entries and some are invitationals which allow you to play with some of the bigger name players. The game has different game styles in that in your career you can play many different types of poker e.g. No Limit, Pot Limit, Omaha, Omaha hi/lo, and Razz. There are a considerable larger amount of No limit holdem games to play though.
The tournaments have a dealer, announcer and realistic gameplay. You can decide to watch the entire game, see the close ups of all the other players making their decisions of whether to chip into the pot or fold, or can instead just keep pressing the skip button to get to the next hand if you folded your last and want back in quickly.
The computer will not want you to win. If you are a fish then I bet you cant beat them. Definitely purchase this game if you are a poker fan as it is very addictive.
This game is also good for those people who have never played poker before and wish to start. It provides rules and guidelines and will help you through your journey to become the worlds greatest poker player.
WWE Cyber Sunday 2008 (October 26th 2008) was the 5th annual event of its style, hosted by World Wrestling Entertainment. Previously known as Taboo Tuesday, the event changed its name to Cyber Sunday in 2006. Featuring superstars from all 3 WWE brands; RAW, Smackdown and ECW, this event displayed 8 professional wres tling matches. Live from the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona, 15,000 people in attendance watched this special event. The idea of cyber Sunday is that options are given to the viewers to vote for what type of matches, opponents and stipulations they want to see in selected matches. Voting on wwe.com and through WWE mobile texts, viewers on the previous weeks on the brand shows voted in to enter their vote. The theme song for WWE Cyber Sunday 2009 was 'Propane Nightmares' by Pendulum.
Feuds once again heated up going into Cyber Sunday, allowing this event to be the best one so far. Previously these events have just been used to bring back some old superstars to entertain the fans. The same happens again with the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, Roddy Piper, Honky Tonk Man and Goldust all making appearances in the event. However, the matches were a lot more well worked in relation to the previous cyber Sundays, especially the main events. Below is the card of the event (contains spoilers of selected match but not result):
1) Featured on WWE.Com - Shelton Benjamin (c) vs. R-Truth for the United States Championship. This match was only available on wwe.com and not on TV. However, this has been put in the extras of the Cyber Sunday DVD. R-Truth was chosen ahead of Festus and MVP by the fans to be given a shot for the title. Quite surprising is the fact that a title match was not shown live on television. The match went both ways for short periods. The two displayed great technical prowess along with some high flying manoeuvres. These two compliment each other in styles and the match was good to watch. Will R-Truth continue his quick rise in the WWE (second time around) and win the US Title?? My rating: 6/10.
2) Kane vs. Rey Mysterio (No Holds Barred Match) - This match was selected by the WWE Universe ahead of a 'falls count anywhere match' and a 'two out of three falls match'. The feud between these to continued its brutal tradition and really developed up to the point of this DVD. Not often do we encounter a match where Mysterio goes hardcore, but let's just say he pulled out all the stop signs in this match, along with some chairs. Mysterio grounded Kane many times with shots from foreign objects. Kane however did show dominance in part of the match showing his maniacal strength as always. Will Kane put the small down down or will Mysterio 619 for the win?? My rating: 7/10
3) Matt Hardy (c) vs. Evan Bourne for the ECW Title. Evan Bourne came onto the ECW scene as a member of the ECW superstar initiative set out by ECW general manager Teddy Long. Bourne has excited the fans and especially me with a new extreme high flying style which has not been seen for years in the WWE. Bourne was voted in ahead of Mark Henry and Finlay for the title shot. This match will remain in the memory of fans, knowing that they gave Evan Bourne his first ever title shot, proof that this event is unique. The match did not disappoint. The fans were split between supporting the two wrestlers. Bourne used his unique fighting style to keep Hardy down for long periods. With an array of moonsaults and top rope moves Bourne looked several times to get the three count on Hardy. Watch to find out if Hardy could retain his title this time - My rating: 7/10.
4) Cryme Tyme vs. Miz and Morrison. This match probably held the least interest for the viewers. The WWE Universe had the option to vote for a tag team match of their choice from a selection of three rivalries. This match was voted ahead of Debiase Jr. and Rhodes vs. Kingston and CM Punk, and ahead of Regal and Layla vs. Mickie James and Jamie Noble. This match was not bad at all to be honest. The two teams put together some good tag team moves. Shad Gaspard and JTG lighted up the match with an over the top rope move. The end was a typical face/heel finish. My rating: 6/10.
5) Santino Marella (c) vs. The Honky Tonk man for the Intercontinental Title. What would Cyber Sunday be without the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time? For the previous weeks Santino Marella had been drawing himself with comparisons to the Honky Tonk Man, claiming that just after 2 weeks it would be possible to go on an hold the title longer than the Honky Tonk man (over 60 weeks). Chosen ahead of Roddy Piper and Goldust, the Honky Tonk Man was voted in. He sang his song and took the guitar to Santino. Although being just a gimmick match you had a feeling that this might be the comeback of the Honky Tonk Man. Unfortunately it was a disqualification that ended this one after a matches, but the ride for Santino didn't end there. Goldust and Roddy Piper both decided to join the part. My rating (entertainment wise) - 7/10.
6) Big Show vs. The Undertaker in a Last Man Standing match. It seemed that all stipulations that the fans were given all favoured the Big Show. However, if there was any one of them that could give the Undertaker a chance it was this one, this match was great to watch. Hardcore is a word that is overused nowadays but I think this word fits the description. Chairs, announce tables, barricades and monitors were all used as weapons in this one. The Undertaker showed he could take a beating after being put through the announce table by a Big Show chokeslam. The two beat each other down with punches. However, it was an 'illegal move' that ended this one. This move was banned from the WWE by smackdown general manager Vickie Guerrero. Can you guess who may have won this one?? My rating: 8/10.
7) Triple H (c) vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE Title. I didn't really see the match being chosen as anything else. It was either this or a match between HHH and Vladimir Kozlov, or a triple threat match with all three. Again Hardy was given the chance at a title. After losing in the last PPV, No Mercy, Hardy seemed hyped up for this match. Triple H again reiterated the fact that Hardy was so close to getting the title belt. It showed in the match. However it was not the greatest between these two in recent months. My rating: 7/10.
8) Chris Jericho (c) vs. Batista for the World Heavyweight Tile in a special guest referees match. After winning the no. 1 contenders match against JBL at No Mercy, Batista finally got his chance at the title on RAW. Jericho however was distraught at the choices to be Special guest referee. Stone Cold Steve Austin was chosen ahead of HBK Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton. This match was very entertaining. The two exchanged blows and periods of dominance. Austin appeared to be calling the match right down the middle until Austin got Jericho pulled Jericho by the hair to get him off Batista in the corner of the ropes. Austin was knocked out by mistake, sending HBK into the ring to referee. After some quick and slow counting from the 'unbiased' ref, HBK too was knocked out. In came Randy Orton to do his job as the ref. Unfortunately for Orton it seemed that Austin was a bit angry. It took a stunner to put the authority back into the right hands. The ending was controversial. Will a big belt finally change hands at this event?? My rating: 8/10.
My overall opinion - Cyber Sunday 2008 was the most entertaining of the names franchise so far in WWE history. A collaboration of ex wrestlers and good matches makes this event a memorable one. I believe however that this event is better to rented than bought. WWE merchandise is very expensive. However, to followers of wrestling it may be a good purchase for a collector as it is possible to get all the Cyber Sundays and Taboo Tuesdays on DVD as well. I enjoyed the event and was surprised many times throughout the night by creative writing developments.
DVD Extras: The Shelton Benjamin vs. R-Truth US Title match streamed on wwe.com. The other extra is a little segment showing the Honky Tonk Man, Goldust and Roddy Piper arguing over who the greatest Intercontinental of all time was. I would not buy the DVD for these extras as they are pretty weak. Only WWE DVD specials truly have great extras.
Overall rating: 7.5/10
Eddie Murphy was once a very talented actor. He has been criticised for selling out in his latest films, by going from a great action-cult-comedy film star to a family film maker. It was the film 48 hours that gave Eddie Murphy recognition, and it was films of those genres which lead to movies like Beverly Hills Cop. Beverly Hills Cop was made in 1984 and directed by Martin Brest. From the music in the opening scene to the ending, this film keeps you entertained throughout.
There is not a dull moment in the film, unless for a few short seconds that you have to watch a very poor (stiff) performance from Steven Berkoff. Murphy's facial movements and laugh makes this film extremely memorable. The cast put together worked great for the film. The scripted humour is way above par. It is Murphy's confidence and swagger in his character that makes you want to watch him more. The film is about a Detroit Cop called 'Axel Foley' (Eddie Murphy). A friend of his was killed on a visit from Beverly Hills by professional hitmen of the company he worked for. Axel asks for a vacation, and on it he decides to go to Beverly Hills to track down his friend's murderer. He gets beaten, thrown through windows and nearly gets fired, but Axel keeps going. He even helps the strict police officers of Beverly Hills become a bit more laid back. There are extremely clever gags in the film and some memorable lines delivered from several characters. Beverly Hills Cop is undeniably one of Eddie Murphy's best ever films.
The soundtrack will forever provide the basis for a super movie, one that will remain a cult classic for years to come. For people who have never seen Eddie Murphy's early work and only started watching his films after Dr. Doolittle then you are in for a shock, a good one I hope. My Opinion - 8/10. A fantastic action-comedy film to watch by yourself or with your friends. I would recommend you buying it no matter the price, especially in a box set with the two sequels. The first film grossed $316,360,478 worldwide. If you don't trust my opinion, then trust the facts.
The Football League Show, presented by Manish Bhasin with expert opinion from Steve Claridge follows Match Of The Day on saturdays on BBC1. What is confusing is that they dont do it if there are midweek games so I am waiting to see if they show both gmaeweek games in one saturday program. I doubt it. Aswell as the show you now have the chance to watch highlights and all the goals from the Football League (Championship, League 1 & 2) online on the BBC Sport website.
Manish is a very good presenter in this show and seems to show a strong rapport with the guest analysts on the show. The BBC have been accused in recent years on showing poor programming regarding football highlights but this football league show has done very well so far. With good guests and live interviews with the likes of Neil Warnock, Ian Holloway and Steve Claridge, the show has a good chance of attracting more viewers to watch the Football League Show.
The Football League matches have increased in attendance no matter the division. The leagues have become stronger due to the relegation of sides with greater reputations, making the leagues more entertaining to watch.
I have watched every Football League show so far and will continue to do so because it is a great way to keep up with Coca Cola Football Leagues this year. There is also a section of the show where they read out the comments you send in... creating enhanced interaction for the viewers.
Hopefully there will be highlights for the conference games...
Lookout Match Of The Day, The Football League Is right behind!
Wrestling with Shadows is a documentary film which follows Bret Hart during his last year in the WWE, from his WWE Championship victory at SummerSlam to his final match with the company at Survivor Series on November 9, 1997.
I was lucky to watch the 2009 release featuring also the life and times of Owen Hart. I was shocked to see the honesty in this documentary. It gave me the most personal view of wrestlers and was extremely compelling. I had never really understood the montreal screwjob. I knew the jist of it but in this DVD, all the information spills out to the ground. A small account of Brets life is given but the concentration is on his last months in the WWE.
You wont get a better wrestling documentary ever. The film board of canada did fantastic to capture the story of Brets final days. Releases like Beyond the Mat have failed with success but this DVD is a must see.
You hear from his peers and family, but most importantly you can watch behind the scenes footage from the time of the Montreal Screwjob. When Bret Comes back into the dressing room, Shawn Michaels is there and they confront each other. There is a lot more but I wont spoil it for you.
So many WWE DVD's have failed to hit the mark when it comes to reviews but this DVD is different and that is becuase it is not by the WWE.
If you want to know more about the politics behind the scenes in the wrestling world then you are in for a shock. There is so much that you dont know!
I watched this instead or revising and I am very glad. I still got good grades and I got to watch a compelling story that was more useful to me than how weather patterns emerge...
Rating 4.8/5. The reason it doesnt hit 5 star is because the documentary does not confirm that Earl Hebner, HHH and Shawn Michaels were indeed involved in the "Screwjob"! If you dont know, now you know!
This Review Is Not for the Main TVCram site but for their forums - www.tvcram.com/forums
The TVCram Forum is a unique place that is home to a large collection of sporting videos. In particular, there is a vast archive of Wrestling and MMA shows/events that you can watch for free. All the shows and events in the calendar, at least for the big promotions are posted at the forum.
If you join the forum for free then yo ucan access all these shows. The Forum acts a link portal... providing you with uploaded links from a third party as to where you can watch the event.
On a wrestling note, you can watch thousands of hours. All WWE, TNA, ROH, FCW shows are posted along with other promotions such as Dragon Gate, Anarchy and More! You also have the chance to take a trip down memory lane and watch WCW and Extreme Championship Wrestling shows and PPV's. The archive is always being added to. You can wathc shows, PPV's, DVD's, interviews and special programming from those promotions, all for free at tvcram forums! (www.tvcram.com/forums)
I joined the forum a couple of months ago and I cant believe that the entire wrestling universe have not found so I have to bring it to your attention. You will not find a better site. You can watch RAW, ECW, Superstars, Smackdown, PPV's, Impact, ROH on HDNet and so much more all on demand in HD or other quality!
There is no surveys to complete or advertisement pop ups. It is no lie at all. It is simply the best site to watch Wrestling and MMA on demand anytime!
I definitely recommend it!
For those also who want to know... the main site tvcram.com was a portal for tv shows and movies like surfthechannel. However, that has not been added to for the past few weeks. The Forum however has been running constantly for seven months and has over 11,000 members!
Forget Smackdown VS RAW, TNA Impact - The Videogame, and any other wrestling game on a console (unless it is Fire Pro Wrestlign Returns on the PS2). No matter how old you are or what type of wrestling fan you be, without a doubt, WrestleMania 2000 on the N64 is the best Wrestling game of all time.
After moving on from the WCW games on the N64, THQ had a shot with the big time... the WWF (now WWE). The game was an uber hit. The graphics bugs had been fixed from the WCW games making this one the best ever. With a large list of wrestlers and a great storyline this game had it all.
This game was amazing because it had you fixed without the need for online gaming. You could unlock more wrestlers like HBK, Jerry Lawler, Dude Love, Cactus Jack by going through the story mdoe with a huge set of wrestlers.
You could choose from a long list of wrestlers, a choice of tag team partner and a choice of attire. What more could you want. The entrances werent perfect and you dont come out with your belts but that didnt matter back then... nobody expected it to happen.
It is hard to explain how good this game is to a younger generation. The gameplay is great, the match lengths could go on for long time, especially with good opposition. It has the perfect AI settings and you can tell which wrestlers are better than others when facing them. You can see the difference.
This was the historic time of the WWE, gaining recognition with stars such as The Rock, Stone Cold, HBK, Triple H, Billy Gunn, X-Pac, Jeff Jarrett and so much more. If you really want you can wrestler as good old JR - Jim Ross.
THe Road To WrestleMania storyline is one of a kind. You get one year and in that year you work on RAWs, HEAT and PPV's to get to the top. If you get to the top and win the King of the Ring and Royal Rumble then you will get your chance to headline Wrestlemania 2000 for the WWE title.
I chose to be Edge and unfortuantely because I did not win the title I was suddenly stripped by Vince McMahon of my title so he would give it to the leader of the corporation - The Undertaker. I was very PO'd! There are a lot of hints on the internet and strategies that should be used if you want to get far. When I was younger I couldnt get past the first title chances (The Hardcore Title). Now i am good enough to be Edge and go all the way through and win every title. The game is quality. Unfortunately I was very dissapointed with the follow up on No Mercy.
I wish that another game like this was released today which incorporated the whole wrestling world. It would be so easy to do and extremely quick.
However, those dreams wont come true anytime soon... but this game will entertain me for many years to come. Lets just hope I dont break the cartridge or my Nintendo eh!
Searching through the shops of London, namely GAME, HMV etc.. I was looking in all honesty to find another game rather than TNA Impact. I was not looking for the newest Smackdown Vs RAW game as I have grown bored with this franchise. It has turned into nothing but a gimmick. I was searching for Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. However, on my travels I gave up and settled for TNA Impact - the videogame.
I am an avid TNA fan but found myself a year behind on the programme. Perfect... where I was at with my recordings was around the time the game had been released so it felt completely new, even if I purchased it second hand (Re-Play) for £12.
I looked forward so much to the game when I got home but I had to wait anxiously as the game loaded up and installed itself. I havent played the game fully because in all honesty I got bored with it pretty quickly.
Dont get me wrong... the graphics and handling of the wrestlers is great but what lets it down is the AI and the story mode. For the story mode you cannot be a TNA wrestler, but instead a create a wrestler. This was disappointing. You are only given a few TNA stars to begin with in exhibition mode and only the smallest amount of movesets that you can use for your create a wrestler. This makes every match completely competitive. The response from other wrestlers regarding the damage inflicted during a match is poor. I pummelled one opponent with top rope moves and finishers but could only get the two count. they do just a few moves to me and then I was done for the three count.
There are only few submission moves, no title belts even though people are named as champions, barely any moves, and not many match types. That is really dissapointing but on par with other Midway games.
TNA has a lot of potential in its game franchise. I loved the game for the first 10 minutes until it started to get really annoying.
To summarise, this will be a new good franchse and I hope the second one will fix all of the problems but if it is anything like Smackdown games then it wont. The AI has got to get better, more wrestlers need to be involved etc...
One day I hope a mass wrestling game gets released in the shape of WreslteMania 2000 on the N64. That was the pinnacle of all wrestling games. TNA could not compete with that but all could change one day.
TNA TNA TNA!!
WWE Summerslam 2008 (August 17th 2008) was the 21st annual event of the Series held by World Wrestling Entertainment. Live from Indianapolis, Indiana in the Conseco Fieldhouse, the event boasted 15, 997 spectators to witness the biggest blockbuster of the summer in the WWE. The Pay Per View featured wrestlers from all three brands; RAW, Smackdown and ECW. The theme tune for the event was "Ready to Roll" by Jet Black Stare.
The event featured seven matches with a total of 5 title belts on the line in this historic evening. The opening bout between Matt Hardy and MVP was fast paced and a decent opener. There were some moments of groundwork and submission but the heated feud built up in weeks prior to the event showed through in the tenacity of the manoeuvres. It was a close contest where the result could have gone either way (6/10).
The next bout was between Santino Marella and Beth Pheonix vs Kofi Kingston and Mickie James. The winners would have won the Womens title and Intercontinental Title respectively. The match was ok but not great. Mickie and Kofi gave the match greater excitement with some highflying moves. The match was interesting though as you second-guessed the entire way about who would win. The ending was quite poor but the celebrations afterward were quite funny (6/10).
The ECW Title match was a complete waste of time; well not really considering it lasted about 1 minute. It was pointless and I don't think there was a point to it being on the card. It was a real let down for the ECW brand who have been trying to receive some recognition this year after bringing in some new exciting wrestlers. However, the brand was not well represented in this match at all. Interference from Tony Atlas played a large part in this match (1/10).
Cm Punk vs. JBL was not a great match for a World Heavyweight Title bout. It was more of a brawl with more punches, kicks, chops and slams than actual wrestling. Punk was grounded for a lot of the match which made it real slow. The fact that a title match was shown half way through the event and not as one of the last matches shows that the two wrestlers don't have a good enough draw. In all though the match was ok but not near good enough for a title match standard (7/10).
Triple H vs. the Great Khali for the WWE Title was again a decent match. It is hard to create a good match with a poor worker like Khali. It is difficult when you are less manoeuvrable. HHH did well to hype this match up. The tow met in exchanged prior to Summerslam but always left HHH on the floor after a beating by Khali(6/10).
The last tow matches were what made this event great. Batista vs Cena was a fast paced match with lots of power and finishing moves. There was so many false finishes that this match gave away no clues of who was going to win. The two really were an even match. The ending was great. The match really was a bout between two heavyweights. Cena should gain some recognition for this fight. He was however injured as a result of this match (9/10).
The final match was a Hell in a Cell match between the Undertaker and Edge. Prior to Summerslam, HHH interrupted the wedding reception of Edge and Vickie Guerrero on Smackdown showing a tape that proved Edge was cheating on Vickie. Vickie as a result, reinstated the Undertaker from his ban and Edge in a Hell in a Cell match with him. After a chat with Mick Foley on smackdown, Edge became maniacal. He put people through tables and assaulted more people with ladders and chairs. It truly made the lead up to the Summerslam main event a good one. The match had nearly everything. It had the cell, tables, ladders, chairs, and camera. Someone even fell through the canvas. There was blood in this great fight. There was a cheesy ending which kind of does ruin any realism the fight has, but if you can get past this then you can recognise it was a good matchup(9/10).
In my opinion, the event was not that well put together, and was saved by the last two matches, which funnily enough neither incorporated the World champions of any brand.
The DVD Extras were ok, the main one involving an ECW TITLE rematch the next week on its show between Mark Henry and Matt Hardy. This match is a must watch as it is a more worthily worked match than it was at Summerslam.
I would recommend that you watch the event but probably not to purchase it on DVD. If you can get your hold on the entire Summerlsam boxset then it is much more worth it.
Jelboy18 (as written on comparedby.us - never got viewed so ama back to the best review site around... dooyoo)
Sidereel is a website that provides links to television programs, movies, anime, cartoons and more - all that are hosted on third party websites. This website is free to use and is helpful if you missed a certain episode of your favourite tv episodes.
The site has a great design template but can lack in certain areas in relation to the links it has. Many of the links are to poor quality. However, there are vasts amounts of stuff that you can get from the site.
Personally, the site I prefer to use is:
It is a new site that also provides links to the latest tv and movies. Also in the forum there are links to all the latest sporting events e.g. WWE, TNA, UFC, boxing and more. It is a new community and is beginning to thrive. In my opinion this would be a good site to use for the future. There are broken links like most sites but the team is dedicated in fixing them constantly at your request. They have the latest episodes of tv programs the day after release on tv - sometimes before!!
Above all...it is free!! i highyl recommend this site!
Enjoy!! Hope this review brings something to your attention lol!!.
I have been a member of Ciao Surveys for over 6 months. My total earnings so far = £2.33. Albeit I have not done all the reviews, infact I didn't do any for about 3 months. The simple reason was because I got so fed up with it very early. I was rejected for nearly every survey they sent me. The only ones I was accepted for in the first few months were for surveys that would have made me 10p. I do not even see the point in doing a survey that can take over 3 minutes for that reward, never in a million years.
In the off chance that you may qualify for a survey and complete it, you will still have to wait for a long time for the survey to end, hence have the money in your account. It can take well over a month for a survey to finish and for you to see some money in your account.
The site does send you a lot of surveys but I think you should not bother. In my opinion if you want to do some surveys the only half decent site I have come across is valuedopinions. The reward scheme now seems to have been improved with a lot less 10p reviews being sent. More £2.00 reviews have come my way but I have not qualified for them. I'm sure that some of you will though.
There is one positive I guess you can take from Ciao Surveys. This is that you receive £1 in your account for every person that you refer to the site. I haven't been able to withdraw any money from the site as of yet because I have not reached the minimum withdrawal (after 6 months).
My opinion: Stay away. This site is 1,000 times better than Ciao surveys for making money, making friends, and expressing your opinions.
I guess the major problem for me on the site has been that I don't qualify for a lot of the surveys. As I am 18 I guess not many people want your opinion. Therefore, if you are older and have more household responsibilities then I think you will have a much better chance with this site than I have had. I am still using it at the moment as the rewards have increased dramatically over the past month.
To sign up, pm your email address and I will send you an email with the link. Otherwise you may even find it hard to find the site to sign up. I have to log in through the New Zealand site as there is not a homepage anymore for the UK.