angelboouk

angelboouk
  • Comments

Member since: 25.01.2010

28.11.2014 22:37

Advantages

• "soft and clean hair"
      • scent
      • "good offer price"

Disadvantages

• nothing

A shining example for hair care products...

Moroccan My Shine is a fairly new addition to the Herbal Essences hair care range. Today I will be discussing my views on the shampoo and conditioner.

These products are presented in curvy, blue tinted bottles with a small flip caps on the lids. The shampoo/conditioner is designed for those with dull or damaged hair types. They contain Moroccan Argon oil and a scent of apple, florals and citrus. Herbal Essences promise protection from future damage to your hair, soft and nourished hair and shine.

This shampoo and conditioner is available in 400ml sized bottles for around £2 at Boots.

I use the shampoo and conditioner together as does my fiance with positive results. I have thick, long and dry hair which is quite damaged. My fiance has short, thick and slightly dry hair. I wash my hair three times a week and my fiance twice - this is fine using these products.

The shampoo is blue and fairly thick. It lathers up a treat and little is needed to cover my hair. The fresh, fruity aroma of this shampoo is appealing and it isn't too feminine either so my fiance is happy to use it. This shampoo rinses well and no residue is left in my hair. My hair feels perfectly clean and my dry, sensitive scalp isn't irritated through regular use. I am pleased with how soft and clean my hair feels even if, on the odd occasion, I haven't had time to top up with the conditioner. The scent lingers well. My fiance is pleased by how refreshed and clean his hair is.

The matching conditioner is perfect for my dry hair. It is quite thick and feels lovely and creamy as I spread it through my hair. After a minute, it rinses very well and my hair is instantly soft, smooth and silky. This conditioner doesn't weigh down my hair and I find it easy to style after drying. My hair is enriched with hydration which lasts and it smells gorgeous.

Overall I can recommend this shampoo and conditioner as a matching set as they work together well to strengthen my hair, protect it and hydrate it. The bottles last very well even with regular use and represented great value for money. A perfect collection for those with dry and dehydrated hair.

Thanks for reading :)

Adapted from a Ciao review.

28.11.2014 22:20

Advantages

• scent
      • "high factor"
      • "easy to apply"

Disadvantages

• sticky

Coloured protection for young skin..

Originally written July.

This sun spray offers UVA and UVB protection and has a very high SPF coverage of 50+. The spray is coloured for visible application and is classed as being 'very water resistant'. It is hypoallergenic so is suitable for young skin. The spray is presented in a blue bottle with a pump dispenser. A 200ml bottle of this sun spray is available from supermarkets and chemists for around £14 at full price (during warmer months).

I always ensure that my son doesn't have too much exposure to the sun but children need to go out and play so sun protection is needed to keep their precious skin safe. I choose to use a high factor on my sons fair skin. Our usual spray wasn't available so I bought the coloured version. We used this in the UK.

The bottle is easy enough to use despite being quite wide and the spray top hasn't posed any issues for us with clogging. There is a lot of information on the bottle and as a parent, this information was already known to me for example ensuring your child also wears a hat and limiting their exposure to the sun.

One spray of the pump releases a fine mist of pale green, creamy liquid and this covers a recent sized area of my sons skin (and occasionally the surrounding area). I apply this to any exposed skin including my sons face. This sun spray has a mild, clean scent to it and isn't highly perfumed which is great. It spreads well across my sons skin and does feel quite sticky for a short while. As the spray is coloured, it is very easy to see where still needs to be covered. Once the sticky feeling subsides my sons skin feels soft. My son has dry and rough skin but this spray does provide a small amount of hydration and hasn't irritated his sensitive skin at all.

This sun spray has done a job at protection my sons skin. I topped it up through the day when we are out and about or spending time in a garden. It claims to be water resistant and seems to still offer protection if my son has a water fight and gets a little wet. I do notice that his skin still feels well covered after being in a pool but I choose to top up the protection as I don't like to take chances. My son hasn't burned at all and I am pleased about this.
      This sun spray does mark clothing if not rubbed in properly but the marks generally come out in the wash. I have used it myself when the weather has been very hot and my skin hasn't burned.

• Mr Kipling Angel Slices / Snacks / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.11.2014 22:07

Advantages

• texture
      • sweet
      • tasty

Disadvantages

• "sponge could do with more flavour"

A cake for Angel..

Each snack pack of Angel Cake slices includes six, individual slices of cake packaged in individual  little boxes. Each 33g slice of cake is made up of four layers - pink and yellow sponge, vanilla filling and fondant icing. There are no artificial colours or hydrogenated fat present and all flavours are 100% natural.

The ingredients list can be found online but those who cannot tolerate gluten, milk or eggs should avoid. The nutritional information informs us that each slice has 138calories, 6.1g of fat and 19.6g of sugar.

I admit - I love cake! I can't have as much cake as I want now as I'm trying to lose weight. I usually buy these when they are on offer at £1 (Asda, Tesco etc) but the full price can be anything up to a pound dearer.

The plastic packet housing each slice of cake is just the right size and the lid keeps the cake fresh. My most recent box has a best before date of around 3weeks from purchase but they never last that long in my house. These cakes are big enough to offer a few decent bites for me. They are rectangular in shape, quite narrow but reasonably deep.

The presentation of each cake is appealing. The majority of the cake is made up of the pink and yellow coloured sponge with a thin layer of filling joining both pieces together. The cake is finished off with a thin layer of icing with a pink stripe design - colourful and girly! I would say the proportions of each layer - sponge (62%), filling (12%) and icing (26%) is fine though I sometimes wish a little extra bit of icing would make the cake even more tasty.

Taste-wise, these little delights are scrumptious! The sponge tastes fresh and has a lovely soft feel to it which is moist and easy to eat. The sponge tastes slightly sweet and fresh baked though the vanilla mallow filling adds extra flavour and taste thanks to its creamy, sweet flavour. The icing is soft and melts beautifully as I bite in to it. It is sugary and creamy. I like the taste of the icing as it compliments the sponge perfectly without being too heavy on sweetness overall. I like to take a bite through all layers to take on all of the flavours and I find that the majority of flavour is offered by the filling and icing rather than the sponge itself.
      These little cakes make for a great, tasty treat. They satisfy my sweet tooth and the quality and texture of the cake as well as the flavour is just right. I would probably buy them at full price though the offer price of £1 makes them taste just that bit better.

28.11.2014 21:58

Advantages

• fun
      • "facts about dinosaurs"
      • durable

Disadvantages

• noisy

Introducing Lex..

Lex the T-Rex is a 2 in 1 toy aimed at children over the age of 3. It requires 2 x AAA batteries (included). Lex transforms from a racing car to a dinosaur. This toy offers various sound features depending on which mode you have it set at and there is an adjustable volume option. Lex measures 8x8.4x13.7cm and is made of plastic.

Lex is available from Amazon priced at £15.00 and £16.99 from Argos.

Lex was bought for my son at age 4. Now, two years on, Lex has gone to a new home. The age recommendation for Lex is accurate. He is fairly heavy and more suitable for a child over 3 depending on their ability. Led is designed to encourage further use of fine motor skills and imagination. The plastic is durable and stands up well to being manipulated by a rough child or banged about in the toy box. Lex looks cool. The volume control allows for a small range of volume movement and it is worth noting that Lex is quite loud.

Lex has a small screen on him which offers changing pictured in black and white. There are four buttons which can be pressed and the results of pressing each button depends on whether you have the toy in car or dinosaur mode. In car mode, this toy is the perfect size for a preschooler to play with. Four moving wheels allow the car to be pushed along most surfaces easily. The driver phrases are limited but include "I'm fast and I'm furious!" and "I drive angry" as well as some car revving noises which sound realistic.

My son found it easy enough to change Lex from a car to a dinosaur. The arms  extend and other parts of the car extend and move without force in order to form a cool looking dinosaur. As a dinosaur, Lex is a bit more talkative and offers more phrases for your child to listen to. He sits upright and some blinking eyes are visible on the display panel. My son would happily play with Lex and use his imagination to act out dinosaur scenes. Lex is quite informative and as well as declaring that he is the king and that his jaw can chew through a car roof, Lex also offers some key facts about being a T-Rex dinosaur including that he is the largest member of the tyrannosaurs family.

Lex doesn't have an off switch. Surprisingly the batteries have lasted well. It is nice to have a toy that doesn't drain batteries as quick as others. Anyway, if your child is fond of dinosaurs then buy this as it is a cool toy to have. It is easy to wipe down and keep fresh.

25.11.2014 22:05

Advantages

• nourishing
      • price
      • smell
      • gentle

Disadvantages

• "takes a while to absorb"

Dip in to Dove..

Dove Rich Nourishment Cream

This cream is suitable for using on the face as well as the body. It contains active moisturisers to nourish and soften the skin. It is dermatologically tested and the ingredients list can be found online for those who wish to check it for allergies or other concerns. It is suitable for all skin types and is presented in a blue and white, round plastic pot with a screw top lid.

This cream is available in a 30ml and 150ml size priced from £1 (available from supermarkets/chemists).

My Mum gave me a 30ml pot of this cream to use on my face as my skin was very dry. Dove, to me, is a reputable brand so I hoped to have good results from using this product. I mainly used it on my face but have used it elsewhere. The packaging is fit for purpose and a foil seal under the lid keeps the bright, white cream fresh. This product has a 9month shelf expiry from first use.

My experience of using this cream has led me to reserve it as a night cream rather than one to use through the day. My face is mainly dry - nose and forehead especially but not so bad everywhere else. This cream is thick but very creamy. It's rich consistency makes it ideal for slathering over my face prior to going to bed but a little too heavy to use in the morning.

This cream smells pleasant - mild and not highly perfumed. To me, it is typical Dove scent. Only a small amount of cream is needed per use due to the thickness of it and I find that it spreads across my skin effortlessly. My skin feels instantly cooled and soothed. I do need to take more time to massage this cream in to my skin than a regular cream and it doesn't fully absorb hence why I prefer to use it in the evening. There is a film left on my skin and it does absorb gradually.

I can definitely feel this sitting on my skin but it does do a good job of nourishing my skin and it is nice and gentle - no irritation. My skin feels refreshed and hydrated before I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels supple, soft and it looks bright and healthy. I am pleased with how deeply moisturised my skin feels through the day.

This cream nourishes dry patches of skin effectively. As I only have a small pot, I tend to keep it to face use only but I have slicked some over my dry elbows and knees with good results - it penetrates my skin well. I recommend this cream as a night cream for those with dry skin.

25.11.2014 16:06

Advantages

• "soft underarms"
      • "good for light sweaters"
      • smell

Disadvantages

• "drying time"

Beautiful underarms..

Nivea Pearl and Beauty

This anti-perspirant contains 0% alcohol and pearl extracts. It is designed to offer 48 hour protection for your underarms. This anti-perspirant is free from colourants and has been dermatologically tested. The packaging consists of a girly, baby pink aerosol can with a twist and press dispenser - no lid. There are some warnings noted on the can and the ingredients are also listed should you wish to check them.

A 150ml can of Nivea Pearl can usually be found on offer around £1 in Wilko, Superdrug and supermarkets. The regular price is around £2.

I personally sweat quite heavily which can be embarrassing. I shower twice a day and change my clothes daily - I'm not smelly by any means but underarm wetness is an issue for me. I normally buy a more expensive anti-perspirant (around the £5 mark) and this suits me when I am experiencing heavy bouts of sweating (warm days, crowded places etc) but sometimes I can get away with using a lighter anti-perspirant (colder days for example).

I normally opt for this Nivea Pearl spray and buy it when it is on offer. I would say that is fine for those who do sweat but not to extremes. The can is easy to use. A quick push down on the dispenser releases a cloud of slightly damp anti-perspirant on to my underarms. I have used it after shaving my underarms and it doesn't irritate. It is best to use this in a ventilated area but I don't find this product to be as overpowering as other anti-perspirants that I have used.

What I like about this anti-perspirant is that my underarms feel soft and smooth shortly after applying. It isn't a harsh anti-perspirant. It does take a short while to fully dry and it is important to allow it to dry otherwise my top becomes damp. The scent of this anti-perspirant is lovely - clean and quite sweet. My underarms do stay smelling pleasant and the scent lasts quite a while. I find this anti-perspirant to be effective at keeping my underarms from becoming soaking with sweat. I don't find it effective if I am sweating badly but it is definitely better than alternatives such as Dove or Sanex in my experience. I do need to apply it morning and night (after washing) to keep my underarms fresh - I wouldn't go 48hours without washing or spraying anti-perspirant so cannot comment on this claim.

Overall I would say this is a pleasant and effective anti-perspirant for light sweaters. My underarms feel nice and not clogged up whilst using this anti-perspirant and I haven't experienced any irritation from using this regularly. It is inexpensive and worth a buy.

24.11.2014 22:44

Advantages

• antibacterial
      • "soft and clean hands"
      • price

Disadvantages

• "no additional hydration"

Care by Carex..

Carex Complete - original hand wash.

This hand wash is presented in a clear, plastic bottle with a pump dispenser. This particular hand wash is a transparent blue colour. This hand wash has an anti bacterial formula which kills 99.9% of bacteria. It has been dermatologically tested. Carex promise that this hand wash will help clean, protect and care for your hands.

This hand wash can often be found on offer around the £1 mark from chemists and supermarkets. At full price, it is nearer the £2 mark for a 250ml bottle.

I never pay full price for hand wash - I generally buy them when they are on offer. I have used Carex hand washes on numerous occasions. I purchased this original hand wash around a month ago and paid 87p (from memory) and this included an extra 33% more hand wash so 333ml in total - a bargain really! The bottle is simple and functional. The pump works effectively and this hand wash is easy to dispense by both adults and children.

I use this hand wash in the kitchen and it is fit for purpose. The gloopy, gel like consistency of this hand wash makes it easy to dispense and use without being too messy or wasting any. In my experience, only a tiny blob is required to fully cleanse my hands. This hand wash lathers up lightly when I massage it in to my damp hands and the lather spreads well and is soft and refreshing against my sensitive skin.

This hand wash has a pleasant and neutral (not feminine or masculine) aroma which is likely to appeal to the entire family. It is a fresh and clean smell - no frills or fancy perfumes with this one. The lather rinses from my hands well and whilst my hands do feel a little funny after rinsing (I noticed this with various hand washes), they do not feel uncomfortable or tight after I dry them off. The scent lingers and my hands are left clean and refreshed without the need for me to apply hand cream immediately after washing my hands.

As I can't see germs on my hands, I cannot comment on the 99.9% bacterial removal claim. I can say that my hands are very clean after washing and any food smells are effectively removed especially garlic or onion as is any dirt or food marks. This is an all round, versatile hand wash which cleanses and refreshes my hands without causing irritation or additional dryness. I wouldn't say that it delivers additional moisture to my hands but my hands do feel nice and soft.

Overall a cheap and worthwhile hand wash for all of the family to use and therefore recommended.

Thanks :)

Ingredients can be found online should you have concerns or allergies.

24.11.2014 21:16

Advantages

• "uplifting scent"
      • cheap
      • bottle

Disadvantages

• "poor longevity"

A short lived fantasy..

Review of Britney Spears - Island Fantasy EDT - released 2013.

This EDT is part of the Fantasy range and is presented in a curvy bottle featuring green and blue tones, small gems and a click on lid. Described as a 'tropical getaway', this EDT includes notes of clementine, mandarin, watermelon, red berries, violet, jasmine, freesia, sugar cane and musk.

This EDT can be purchased from various retailers :

*Debenhams - £12.00 (50ml)
      *Superdrug - £15.00 (100ml)
      *Amazon - £11.89 (30ml

I personally bought this during a promotion that Semi Chem were running around 6 weeks ago. I snapped up a 30ml bottle of this EDT for myself and another bottle for a friend for just £5.00 a bottle. I like the Fantasy range so was pleased to pick this up so cheaply. I do like this EDT and find it to be a nice 'everyday' fragrance rather than a special perfume.

The bottle is pretty and easy to carry around. The spray top produces a sufficient burst of perfume to be released on to my skin and it is important not to spray too much as the initial aroma smells quite overpowering and quite cheap. Thankfully this aroma quickly disappears and is replaced by a pleasant, Summery scent.

Island Fantasy has a decent strength - it is detectable on my skin and clothing but doesn't create a big impact through strength. The scent is youthful and quite refreshing which ensures that it reflects the 'Island' name well. The main aroma is offered by the citrus notes and I find that the orangey notes of clementine and mandarin all of the other top notes - zesty, sweet and authentic. Before long, the zest starts to die off a little and a touch of sensual jasmine mingles with a sweet trace still on my skin.

After an hour and a half, there is a sugary sweetness combined with a warm, delicate musk on my skin. The base notes sit close to the skin and are a little more subtle than I would normally appreciate. Sadly this EDT has quite poor longevity. Around 3 hours after I apply it, I can barely notice any scent on my skin. It does linger on my clothes for a little longer but I had hoped for better longevity on my skin.

Overall I would say Island Fantasy is a pleasant and upbeat scent. It would make a nice gift for a teenager or young person as it is quite simple but pretty. I do need to keep topping it up through the day so my bottle has very little left in it but for the price, I can't complain. It isn't my favourite Fantasy perfume but I do like it.

22.11.2014 23:45

Advantages

• "soothing and moisturising"
        • longevity
        • smell

Disadvantages

• nothing

My night time Sanctuary

This review concentrates on my experience of the Sanctuary Spa Comforting Night Butter which is priced at £9.50 for a 200ml tub from Boots.

This body butter is designed to be used at night. It is enriched with mango and shea butter to nourish the skin. These ingredients are combined with essential oils which help promote relaxation before going to bed. Included is ylang ylang to reduce tension, frankincense to calm and patchouli to reduce anxiety. The ingredients list can be found on www.boots.com - please check if you have allergies or ingredient concerns.

I have been using this on a regular basis for around 4 weeks now and use the matching body polish weekly. On opening the tub, the first that attracts me is the fragrance - very natural and mild essential oils. I love using this body butter as it feels rather indulgent. The butter is a rich, thick cream which feels incredibly smooth as I dip my finger in to the tub. Little is needed per use. I find it enjoyable massaging this body butter across my rough skin thanks to the creamy texture and soothing properties.

My skin drinks up this hydrating treat and within minutes it is fully absorbed. This body butter instantly penetrates my skin and leaves it feeling amazingly moisturised. As I sleep, it works its magic and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is hydrated deep down and extremely silky smooth. I find this body butter to be very effective on dry patches of skin.

This body butter smells lush and I love the way the essential oils have been blended together to create a pleasant but not overpowering aroma. The scent lingers on my skin and is still evident in the morning. I find the scent to be very relaxing. I can't say that either of the essential oils stand out as they are so well combined and compliment each other effortlessly. Whilst I can't say that slathering on this body butter sends me to sleep, I do appreciate how the essential oils encourage my mind to settle a little and in general, I find myself feeling more relaxed compared to when I don't use this at night. It isn't a miracle worker and nor would I expect it to be but I appreciate the calming properties.

I love this body butter for many reasons. My skin feels pampered and highly nourished immediately and the next day too. Dry patches are eliminated and the essential oil aroma is just warm and soothing. I consider this body butter to be a worthwhile purchase even at just under £10. My 50ml tub has lasted well as I alternate with other products. I am hoping to receive a full size tub from Santa this year. I recommend this body butter.

22.11.2014 21:23

Advantages

• "soft and silky skin"
        • longevity
        • scent

Disadvantages

• "takes a while to absorb"

Sensational satsumas!

Today I will be reviewing the satsuma purée body lotion from The Body Shop. There is a wide selection of complimenting beauty products available in the satsuma range.

This purée is presented in a pump dispenser bottle made from clear plastic. It is designed to be used like a body lotion - massaged over skin to leave it soft and smooth. The Body Shop promise that this purée will deliver a 'fresh citrus scent'. For those concerned, the full ingredients list for this product can be found by visiting www.thebodyshop.co.uk. Please check if you have allergies.

Expect to pay £8 for a 250ml sized bottle.

I rarely buy anything from The Body Shop but gladly accept gifts or freebies. I came to try this particular product by way of a freebie from a friend - a small, travel sizes bottle. I love citrus scents so was looking forward to trying this out. My skin is dry and sensitive - TBS shower gels don't seem to agree with it but thankfully the other body products do.

This pale orange 'purée' would likely dispense a lot easier from the pump bottle than the awkward little bottle I have here. The consistency of this purée is that of a fairly thick body lotion. It spreads beautifully across my skin and whilst quite thick, it feels lightweight and smooth as I massage it in to my thirsty skin. It does take a little time to fully absorb and I notice my skin appears a little shiny and sticky for a short while. I just spend a little extra care to massage it in. My skin feels perfectly refreshed after application and the surface of my skin is silky soft and smooth. I am pleased with how hydrated my skin feels all day long and I haven't experienced any issues with sensitivity from using this purée. I love the scent of this body lotion but some may find it too strong. The satsuma aroma is delightfully uplifting and smells delicious. It is sweet, fruity and natural smelling. It lasts well on my skin and is perfect for the warmer months as it is fresh and long lasting. I have used it with other citrus scented products (shower gels mainly) and they compliment each other well.

Overall I feel able to recommend this purée body lotion. It leaves my skin feeling and smelling amazing and I don't consider it to be an expensive purchase especially as TBS products can often be purchased at a reduced price and one bottle lasts well. Some may find the smell overpowering or sickly but I personally really like it as it a lovely 'wake me up' sort of scent.

Thanks

18.11.2014 22:58

Advantages

• effective
        • price

Disadvantages

• "not as strong as vicks"

A value for money rub..

This vapour rub is presented in a blue and green pot made from plastic. Each pot contains 50g of vapour rub and the pot is boxed. This vapour rub is in the form of an ointment containing an aroma of eucalyptus and menthol. The purpose of this rub is to encourage clear breathing.

This rub is suitable for children over the age of 5years. The box has some warnings on it - don't place in nostrils, external use only, keep away from children. It is recommended that you rub a little of this onto your chest, throat and back. Adults can also mix it with some hot water and inhale the vapours for up to 10minutes.

This vapour rub is priced at £1.25.

I have mainly used this for myself but also on my son as he had a blocked nose recently. He is six. The ointment looks fairly solid in the pot with a shiny surface. The ointment feels soft and a little greasy. I find it easy to spread across my chest and throat as it melts with the heat of my hand and settles clear on my skin.

The first time I opened the pot, I could barely smell a thing. My nose was ridiculously blocked. I applied some on to my skin and before long I was able to detect a faint menthol aroma. This aroma got stronger as my nose began to clear. Through the day I coped with the occasional sniff inside the pot to quickly clear my nose. At bedtime, I applied a small amount to my throat, chest and my back. The aroma offered is fairly intense and moreso as my blocked nose lessened. The eucalyptus aroma combined with the method had a positive impact on my nose and I was able to sleep a lot easier without needing to sleep sitting upright. I have used it once mixed with some hot water in a bowl and found this method to be highly effective at ensuring the vapour rub cleared my nose very quickly. I found a little rubbed on my sons chest before bedtime to be more than sufficient.

I find this vapour rub to be a worthwhile purchase. I am feeling a lot better now but made use of this over a week until my cold subsided. It doesn't eliminate cold symptoms but makes them much easier to deal with.I do find the initial aroma of Vicks to be more prominent when completely blocked up but this vapour rub still gets to work quickly and I am happy to recommend it. The results are long lasting and I didn't feel the need to constantly reapply this rub all the time.

• School Unisex Polo Shirt / Clothing / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
          16.11.2014 22:39

Advantages

• "simple design"
          • price
          • comfortable
          • "wash well"

Disadvantages

• "one developed a tear"

Comfort at a low price..

These polo shirts from the George range at Asda are available in a pack of 2 and the sizes range from age 3 up to age 16. The polo shirts are made from 100% cotton and are designed for wearing to school. They can be machine washed, tumble dried and ironed. Each pack is priced from £2.50 to £4.00 depending on the size purchased.

My sons school has a casual and smart dress code and as my son is more comfortable in casual clothing, we opted for this dress code consisting of black trousers, a white polo shirts, a school jumper and smart shoes. My Mum bought these polo shirts for all four of her grandchildren.

We generally find George clothing to be good quality and affordable. We have the white polo shirts but different colours are available. The sizing of these polo shirts seems to be accurate and they are unisex. My son is 6.5years and the 6-7 years shirts fit perfectly in terms of width and length. He still has room to move about but they aren't baggy.

These polo shirts are bright white and soft to the touch. The thickness is decent and my son is able to keep cool if it is hot and warm (including his jumper over the top), when it is cooler. My son comments that these polo shirts are comfortable to wear. The neck line is neat and there are three buttons which can be opened to allow my son to slip this shirt over this head. The collar folds neatly over the neckline of my sons school jumper and the sleeves sit nice on his arms without being tight or baggy.

In general, we have found the stitching of these polo shirts to be neat and tidy. After around 6 weeks of wear, one polo shirt developed a small area around the sleeve area so needed to be replaced. We haven't had any issues with the other polo shirts and they have now been worn for a good 3 months now so I think we may have just got a bad one. They wash well on a 40c wash and do need ironed as they crease badly. They haven't faded.

I would recommend these polo shirts as they are good value for money and comfortable to wear. The tear was unfortunate but with an active six year old, sometimes this sort of thing is inevitable.

16.11.2014 22:23

Advantages

• imagination
          • "appealing to Thomas fans"
          • durable

Disadvantages

• "batteries run down quickly"

Dart does day of the diesels..

Age recommendation : 3 years+
          One AA battery required - not included
          Size : 38.1x7.6x8.9cm

Dart is one of many engines from Sodor and featured in the Day of the Diesels film. He is designed to be used on Trackmaster track and a screwdriver is needed to insert the batteries. Dart is made up of the main engine and two other cars connected with tender hooks.

Dart is available online for around £18.00.

My son was a big Thomas fan up until he turned 6 (now it is superheroes) so we acquired a number of Trackmaster engines and sets over a few years. He received this engine last Christmas and he was pleased as he had added this to his Christmas wish list.

Dart is well made - durable and perfect for small hands to play with. He withstood plenty of hours of play and rough handling by both my son and his 3 year old cousin. The attention to detail on this engine is accurate and specific. Dart is bright and colourful making him appealing to young children. He has a happy face too.

The cars supplied with Dart are quite plain - one is grey with a box and the other is blue with a flatbed). They serve no other use than to be extras. They do remain attached well when the engine is in motion. A little lever on the top of Dart activates the engine and Dart has free run of the tracks. Dart chugs along the train gracefully and when fully 'charged' can travel uphill without any issues. My son was alert to the batteries needing changed as the engines become a little lazy and slow. The batteries do not last long with regular play.

Trackmaster sets and engines offer fun and imaginative play to young children though they do work out expensive when these new engines make an appearance. My son, before he became bored of these sets and engines, would reinact scenes and phrases from the show and handle the engines with care - very different to his rough cousin who preferred to bang them about one minute and be more attentive the next.

Dart was a valuable addition to our collection (which has since gone to another home at the request of my son) and was fun to play with at the time. His friend Den is also available should you wish Dart to have a friend to play with.

• Ghost Moonlight Body Lotion / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
          16.11.2014 21:56

Advantages

• "soft skin"
          • "complimenting of the perfume"
          • "smells lovely"

Disadvantages

• "not as strong as other perfumed lotions"
          • expensive

Moonlighting with the Ghosts..

This body lotion compliments the Ghost Moonlight perfume.

This body lotion contains notes of cantaloupe, ginger, bergamot, lily of the valley, pink peony, orange blossom, sandalwood, white chocolate and amber. It is designed to compliment and layer with the perfume and to soften the skin. This body lotion is presented in a purple tube and can be purchased for around £17.00 online for a 200ml tube.

I received a small tube of this body lotion as part of a perfume gift set earlier this year. I love Ghost perfumes/lotions so was pleased with this gift. I find it perfect to wear alongside the perfume for a deeper, evening scent but it is nice to wear on my bare skin through the day.

This body lotion is pleasant to use. It is reasonably thick and spreads like a dream across my rough skin. I only need to apply a little to achieve the desired effect and I find that my skin feels cooled and soothed whilst I massage it on to it. This body lotion absorbs well and leaves my skin feeling perfectly soft. It is ideal for using on rough/dry patches of skin and leaves my skin supple and hydrated for around 6 hours. Scent wise, this body lotion doesn't overpower but does deliver a decent strength of fragrance. It smells sweet and rather sensual - perfectly complimenting of the perfume.

I like this body lotion as it is kind to my sensitive skin and leaves it smelling lovely for a good few hours. This is increased by topping up with the Moonlight perfume and both products compliment each other perfectly and the overall smell is gorgeous. This isn't a cheap body lotion to buy and I would recommend purchasing the complete gift set and using both products together for the best value.

Thanks for reading

Note that this review was taken from the gift set review I wrote on Ciao.

16.11.2014 21:39

Advantages

• versatile
          • price
          • quality

Disadvantages

• "care needed reg temperature changes"

Dishing up a quality meal

I am reviewing the Pyrex Glass Dish With Lid in the 1.5l size. This cost me £5.00 from Asda and is still available at this price.

This roasting dish measures approx 6.3 x 17.5 x 22.5cm and is made from borosilicate glass. It comes with a 10 year parts guarantee and is said to be 'highly resistant' to shocks and scratches. This roasting dish (minus the lid) can be put in the oven up to a maximum 300c temperature and is also suitable for use in the microwave. It can also be dishwashed. The plastic lid is designed to be used outside of the oven/microwave to keep the heat in the food should there be any delay in serving it.

This dish is simple in design. It is clear which allows the contents to be visible whilst cooking the food. The glass is thick and very solid with the Pyrex name engraved on to the bottom of it. The lid is made of plastic and fits perfectly on the dish. This roasting dish has been well used in our home. I have used it mainly in the oven and it is the perfect size for making food for 2-4 people (depending on your appetite and what you are having with it). I have used my dish to make pasta bake, casseroles, macaroni cheese and also quiche. The capacity is great and the depth is perfect for layered meals including lasagne. I often use this dish to make rice pudding and also bread and butter pudding. The clear glass makes it easier for me to see if the inside of my sweet dish is fully cooked. I also use it in the fridge for jelly. If I need to reheat quickly in the morning, the dish slips nicely in to my microwave. Pyrex state that this roasting dish has a non-stick interior. Whilst this is true for most meals, I do find that rice pudding does stick to the interior. I do not own a dishwasher so handwash my dish - no issues.

This Pyrex roasting dish is definitely worth buying. It can be taken from oven to table to serve food and I have no issues with it coping with temperatures from 160c to 250c. I find that the glass contains the heat well and my food stays warmer for longer if I am still preparing other parts of the meal once I have removed it from the oven.