beautyaddict101

• Comments

Member since: 14.05.2013

17.07.2013 22:28

Advantages

Disadvantages

a waste of time and money....

I know I always say how much I love Rimmel and I do, I really do...however this is one of the few products I really wasn't impressed with. I chose it because my usual bronzer was out of stock and I needed a new one. Sadly it wasn't great.

Rimmel are a high-street brand, very reasonably price and usually of high quality. Rimmel is available in Boots, Superdrugs and some supermarkets.

----------------

* Natural bronzer by Rimmel London featuring a lightweight powder formula, the bronzer gives the face an all over natural, sun-kissed glow with inbuilt SPF 8 protection.

---------------------

I must admit I've struggled with bronzer in the past. I normally choose one that's too dark or too orange. However with this one I chose the most pointless shade ever. I went for '021 sunlight' and I believe this one was in the middle of the shade range.

When I first got this product I thought it was ok. I felt like I was having to apply a lot more product than normal to get any colour and to be honest this just got worse. It's hard to explain because I've never found this with a product before but the texture of the product just wasn't right, for example normally when you swipe your finger over a powder you can swatch it on your hand to see the colour right? With this there's nothing! The texture of the powder in the pan is rock solid! Therefore you really have to scrub your brush into it to get any colour.

Anyway after I'd finished attempting to apply it if I'm honest I didn't look any different. It was just pointless, the 'glow' was a little too natural for me. Therefore I can't really comment on it's staying power or anything. It was just a big disappointment. I used it a few times but soon returned to my usual bronzer.

------------------------

It costs £5.59 which I'd usually be more than happy to pay but as I didn't get much use out of it I can't say it was good value for money.

CONCLUSION:
      ------------------

As you've probably guessed I won't be repurchasing this, not impressed at all.

17.07.2013 21:36

Advantages

Disadvantages

a great body butter!

At Christmas I received the Soap and Glory massive giftset (after a few not so subtle hints to my boyfriend). A lot of people moan about bath and body gifts but I never complain especially when there from Soap and Glory. Anyway this body butter was included in the set and I loved it!

Soap and Glory is only available online and in Boots. It's slightly more expensive than your average bodycare products but it is of very high quality.

----------------

* Award winning body butter with softening shea butter and aloe vera. Smooth on a handful after your shower and you might swear you're wearing velvet. Scented with our Original Pink fragrance.

---------------------

I'm a little lazy when it comes to moisturising my body unless I'm fake-tanning therefore in the Winter when I'm more covered up I'm even lazier! So when I received this product my legs were in a bit of a state and needed some TLC, I exfoliated them in the shower and applied this moisturiser afterwards to damp skin as instructed. I rushed off to work and thought nothing of it. By the time I got home I was blown away! My legs felt amazing, soft and silky and that was just one application.

The texture of the butter is very thick but still easy enough to apply (easier if your skin is damp) A little goes a long way. I'm not crazy about the smell, it's a little sweet for me but I'm sure other people will love it.

I tend to use this once or twice a week, usually the day before I fake-tan and I find it perfect for this. It's important to moisturise well before using fake-tan and this will prepare your skin perfectly.

---------------

Soap and Glorys packaging is gorgeous, it's girly with quirky titles, fun to look at and it immediately draws me in. The tub is pink with a screw top and has a vintage picture on the lid.

------------------------

This retails at £10.50 for a 300ml tub. I started mine in January and it's still going strong so I think it's worth every penny.

CONCLUSION:
        ------------------

A brilliant body butter which I will most certainly be repurchasing!

• Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes / Make Up / 14 Readings / 14 Ratings
        17.07.2013 21:05

Advantages

Disadvantages

a beautiful palette

As you've probably guessed from my previous reviews I heart Benefit...I can't remember where I first saw this palette but somewhere along the line I figured I needed this in my life and it's one of the few palette's I've bought and used up without getting bored and I've since gone out and repurchased it. I'm in love with it.

Benefit is a high-end brand and it's available pretty much everywhere. You'll find it in any of the department stores and some of the bigger Boots stores stock it aswell. With it's colourful packaging and quirky titles it's very eye-catching, you can't miss it!

----------------

* This little kit is all you need to line, define and contour your eyes like a pro

* This kit contains: boi-ing medium, industrial-strength concealer, alabaster pink base shadow, cocoa shimmer contour shadow, rich chocolate brown liner shadow, two brushes for easy application and an illustrated, step-by-step professional makeup lesson.

---------------------

The first thing that impressed me with the palette was the fact that it came with some idiot-proof instructions and pictures showing you exactly where to put the colours to get the right look. It also contains brushes that are labelled so this palette really is all you need. I don't tend to use the brushes that come in eyeshadow compacts I prefer to use my own but this is still handy for using the product out and about.

The colours in the palette are very pretty and soft, perfect for an everyday look. There is a soft pink shimmer, a pale brown shimmer colour and a darker chocolate brown for the liner shade. I would say they would look very flattering on anyone regardless of skintones, hair colours etc. I also broke the rules a little when I fancied a change and applied the liner colour in the crease and that works aswell so there's some versatility with it.

The texture of the shadow is smooth and silky and easy to apply. They are not incredibly pigmented but I think there designed to be soft, however the colours are buildable so you can always apply more if the colour doesn't feel strong enough for you. They do have a slight shimmer to them but nothing shocking, they are certainly suitable for daytime use. I applied the shadow without an eye primer and I found they stayed on very well and didn't crease.

If that's not enough for you there is also a concealer included, it's the Benefit 'boi-ing' concealer in the shade '02 medium' which is the best-selling shade in the range. This can be applied with either your fingers or a brush and covers brilliantly especially any dark circles underneath the eyes.

---------------------

I love Benefit packaging, I'm a sucker for anything brightly coloured and quirky. The palette comes in a removable sleeve which slides off, there is then a flip-top on the actual palette which closes with a magnet so the products are well protected. Inside the palette there is a pretty decent sized mirror (again very handy if your out and about) Only thing that wasn't great was I found a lot of the eye shadow dust seems to get into the concealer. : /

------------------------

At £24.50 it isn't particularly cheap but considering everything included and the quality of the make-up I think it's worth it.

CONCLUSION:
        ------------------

I loved this and I'm already on my second palette so I highly recommend it.

14.07.2013 21:47

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great fun!

I've never tried any of the Mac pigments but I've heard that 'Dazzle Dust' is a great dupe for them. I save these for nights out as they are very sparkly and intense I wouldn't recommend them for day time use.

Barry M is a high street brand available from Boots and Superdrug, I haven't tried many of there products but what I have tried I've liked. I would say there aimed at a younger audience judging by the very vibrant shades available in all there products. There's nothing subtle or neutral about it!

---------------

* A spectacular collection of breath taking loose, highly pearlised powder available in a profusion of colours to enhance your eyes, cheeks or lips.

* Each little pot contains multiple facets of intensive reflective colour that glides on smoothly adding sparkle and sheen.

* These luscious shades can be applied bright and bold or shimmering and subtle, with over 60 original colours to choose from everyone can find a favourite pot or two or three...

-------------------

I chose two of these pots in the shades 'Bronze' and 'Chocolate' which I usually wear together. I've had them for ages and they really are lasting well. When applying the product a little goes a very long way, I'd recommend tapping your brush off well otherwise you get a lot of fall down.

The product is VERY pigmented and contains a lot of sparkle, there beautiful for a night-out. The texture is pretty smooth despite all that glitter making the product very nice to apply. They glide on very smoothly. It also lasts very well on the eyes and doesn't crease.

It surprised me to read on the Barry M website that they recommend these products for use also on the cheeks and lips...it would take someone a lot braver than me to attempt this! But if it works for you that adds to the versatility of the product I suppose!

-----------------------

There are over 60 shades to choose from which is amazing! There can't be a colour they haven't covered! I'm not going to bore you and list them all but there's definitely something for everyone.

--------------

The product comes in a small glass pot with a black screw top. I would find it handy if there was some sort of filter to stop so much colour coming out. I do find I waste some each time I use it.

----------------------

These cost just £4.69 and last forever so I'm pleased with the value for money.

CONCLUSION:
          ----------------

I love these, there great fun and great quality and I will definitely repurchase and would love to try some different shades.

14.07.2013 21:23

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great liner

As I've mentioned before I'm a big fan of Rimmel products. When it comes to make-up I use both high-end and high-street brands and I've always found Rimmel to be very reasonably priced and of a very high quality. I use a lot of kohl pencils so thought I'd give this one a go.

Rimmel is available pretty much everywhere! You can find it in Boots, Superdrug and most supermarkets. It's worth keeping an eye out for the 3 for 2 deals in Boots if your after a few things.

---------------

* High intensity colour for an instant colour impact.

* Ultra smooth and creamy formula that glides on easily.

* Waterproof, smudge-proof, sweat-proof, heat-proof, humidity-proof

* Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.

-------------------

I chose this eyeliner in the shade 'Bronze' and to be honest I don't think this was the best shade for me. I normally wear black eyeliner and didn't feel that brown really suited me. However the quality of the pencil was good. The texture of the pencil was smooth and creamy as stated by Rimmel and this made it very nice to apply. It didn't scratch like some pencils do especially on the fluidline. I felt like I had to apply a lot of the product to get the intensity but this could have been due it being a lighter shade than I'm used to.

It's been very hot here lately and I did find the product stayed on well throughout the day. It didn't flake or smudge underneath the eyes either which was very impressive.

-----------------------

There are 7 different shades available in the range which I thought was a good selection...

* Black
            * Silver
            * Bright Blue
            * Bronze
            * Nude
            * Taupe
            * Purple

--------------

The pencil is the same colour as the shade of the liner which I really like, it makes it so much easier to find which one you want to use. The liner has a clear, plastic top.

----------------------

The pencil costs just £3.99 which is excellent value for money. At this price you could try all the colours!

CONCLUSION:
            ----------------

I will definitely purchase another one of these liners but not in the same shade, I'm definitely going to try black next and maybe purple!

• Rimmel Powder Blush / Make Up / 39 Readings / 39 Ratings
            05.07.2013 22:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great high street blush

I first saw this product on a YouTube make up tutorial (I spend far too much money on things I've seen only on YouTube!). It was very reasonably priced so I figured I'd give it a go...despite already owning far too many blushers!

Rimmel is a high street/drug store brand which is available pretty much everywhere, you can find it in Boots, Superdrug, pharmacies and most supermarkets. With high quality and low prices you can't go wrong in my opinion.

THE CLAIMS
            --------------

* soft texture glides on smoothly and blends evenly for a natural sheer finish.

* long lasting powder that gives you natural looking colour for up to 6 hours.

* streak and smudge resistant.

MY EXPERIENCE
            ------------------

The shade I saw on YouTube was 'Santa Rose' however when I went into Boots and swatched the shades on my hand I felt this would be far too pale for me so I ended up choosing 'Live Pink' which was much more up my street.

I found the product very easy to apply, although it isn't extremely pigmented it goes on smoothly without much effort and gives a lovely natural glow. Like most people I wear softer, more natural make up in the day so I found this perfect for daytime.

I've tried a lot of blushes over the years, from both high end to high street brands and I found this product to be just as good as some of the more expensive ones out there. The texture was light and smooth and it stayed on pretty well throughout the day. I also got a lot of compliments at work when I wore it.

-------------------

The packaging is very simple, a small compact with a clear plastic flip-up lid. The size makes it perfect to fit in your handbag and the clear lid makes it easy to see the colour. The Rimmel crown logo is on the lid.

There is room for improvement here, the are only 4 shades available:

* Santa Rose
            * Pink Rose
            * Live Pink
            * Bronze

I've noticed that the swatches online aren't great I'd recommend going to the shop and seeing them yourself.

----------------------

These retail at just £3.99 which is excellent value for money for such a high quality product.

CONCLUSION:
            ----------------

I was impressed with this and therefore would repurchase however I do wish there was more shades available!

02.07.2013 21:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

AMAZING!

I'd heard a lot about this product on youtube and considering the price I thought I may aswell try it to see what all the fuss was about.

Collection were previously known as 'Collection 2000' and there products are available in both Boots and Superdrugs. They are a high street/drug store brand and to be honest this is the only product of theres I've tried!

----------------

* Lasting Perfection Concealer will take you from dawn to dusk and back again, with no need for reapplication

* The ultimate wear concealer promises to conceal flaws, imperfections and blemishes again, for up to 16 hours

* This skin perfecting, oil free product is also transfer proof and water resistant for full and long lasting coverage. It provides beautiful, blemish-free skin for every waking hour

---------------------

I use concealer on both blemishes and dark circle underneath my eyes. I've tried a lot of different concealers from both drug store and high end brands and have to say this is one of the best I've tried.

The product is easy to apply and blends perfectly with all the different foundations I've used it with. The coverage is amazing! It literally covers everything! It dries to a matte finish which stays put all day and I love the fact it's oil-free, just what you need to cover those big, shiny spots.

I've tried blending it with a concealer brush but I find it easier to use my finger. The texture of the product is fairly thick and a little goes a long way.

The concealer is available in 4 shades:

* Fair
            * Light
            * Medium
            * Deep

---------------------

The product comes in a clear, plastic tube with a wand applicator. This makes the product very easy to apply.

------------------------

This is the best part! The price is just £4.19 which is fantastic for such an amazing concealer and they literally last for months!

CONCLUSION:
            ------------------

I've been using this for quite awhile now and have never looked back. I wouldn't bother trying any other concealers this one is perfect for me and excellent value for money.

02.07.2013 21:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

a nice eyeshadow worth trying

I bought two of these quite awhile ago, to be honest I don't tend to use the same colours or products on my eyes everyday and I'm always trying new looks and colour combinations and I'd forgotten about these but recently I had a clear out and found them so I've started using them a lot more lately.

Loreal is a high street/drug store brand which is available pretty much everywhere...Boots, Superdrug, supermarkets and some smaller chemists stock Loreal. They have a wide range of products available make-up, skincare, fake tan, haircare, hair colours and more. I've always been pretty impressed with the quality of there products.

* Ultra-intense colour, up to 24 hour hold and velvety soft feel

* The formula is both water resistant and smudge resistant and does not run into fine lines around the eyes.

---------------------

I bought this eyeshadow in two colours: 'Flashback Silver' and 'Sahara Treasure'...

'Flashback Silver' is a bright silver shade with a lilac tone to it and 'Sahara Tresure' is a bronze shade with a kind of khaki undertone.

The texture of the eyeshadow is quite unusual, it is a powder but does have a kind of creamy texture to it at the same time. It is better to apply the product lightly as it's very pigmented and if you start applying a lot of it you lose the smooth finish and it becomes very grainy. The product contains a lot of shimmer so is perfect for a night out look.

I've never required an eyeshadow to stay on for 24 hours so can't comment on that, however it does stay on for the day and doesn't crease or smudge.

-------------------------

There is not a massive variety of shades available within the range, there are 9 but the majority of them are nice, wearable shades.

---------------------

The eyeshadow comes in a little plastic pot with a screw on top. The label is the colour of the eyeshadow, this is handy if you own more than one it's easy to find the one your after, also handy when choosing one in the shop, your not likely to buy the wrong one by mistake.

------------------------

At £6.99 I feel these are very reasonably priced, as I mentioned before they are highly pigmented therefore you don't need to apply a massive amount so the products last ages.

CONCLUSION:
              ------------------

I'd like to see some new shades available within this range but on the whole I was impressed with them and would definately repurchase.

02.07.2013 21:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

perfect for oily skin!

I came across this moisturiser by accident, I was buying my primer the 'porefessional' and there was a small bottle of the moisturiser free with it so I thought I'd give it a whirl, I'm now hooked!

Benefit is a quirky high-end brand available in all department stores and also in some of the larger Boots stores. It is also available online, however I would be careful ordering Benefit from Ebay as there are a lot of fakes out there.

----------------

* Triple performing facial emulsion SPF 15 PA++ hydrates, protects & comforts the skin with an oil-free, lightweight formula

---------------------

When choosing a moisturiser I look for something lightweight which will create a good base for my make-up. I found when applying the moisturiser a little goes a long way. I always wait a few minutes before applying my make-up to give the moisturiser time to soak in, this lotion soaked in quickly and my skin felt hydrated without feeling too greasy or too tight.

I always use this moisturiser with the porefessional primer and I've found that the two products work perfectly together, creating a smooth base ready for make up. Throughout the day my skin felt hydrated but my make-up stayed in place perfectly. The lady at the Benefit counter explained that the lotion contains 'tri-radiance complex' and that this helps draw moisture from the air to keep the skin hydrated which I found very interesting. The moisturiser also contains SPF 15 which will give you some protection from the sun.

The texture of the lotion was lightweight with a very fresh scent of cucumber. I was also very happy that the use of this moisturiser did not upset my sometimes fussy/problematic skin. No breakouts! yay!

---------------------

The product comes in a glass bottle with a pull off lid with a pump underneath that dispenses the product. The bottle is very pretty and definately looks nicer on your dressing table than the usual white plastic tub moisturisers tend to come in. The pump is great also, I think without it you would waste a lot of product. I've found 2 pumps of the product is enough for me. The bottle also comes inside an attractice turquoise box with a lift off lid. The packaging feels very high-quality.

------------------------

The product comes in one size 50.3ml which costs £20.50. I think this is reasonable for a high-end brand and for this size aswell. A little goes a long way with this lotion so a bottle does last a fair amount of time.

CONCLUSION:
              ------------------

I'm happy to have found a great moisturiser which keeps my skin hydrated and also keeps my make-up in place all day. My skin feels comfortable and not oily! Brilliant!

• Urban Decay Naked Palette / Make Up / 56 Readings / 55 Ratings
              16.06.2013 19:10

Advantages

Disadvantages

AMAZING!

This product is literally everywhere, I'd seen it in every magazine, read about it on every beauty blog and watched a zillion make-up tutorials online about it. I'd had my eye on it for ages and decided I simply could not go on without it.

Urban Decay is available in department stores and online. They are a high-end brand with vibrant colours, quirky shade names and generally really fun, exciting products.

----------------

* Urban Decay Naked Palette is the bestselling, must have collection of gorgeous natural eye shadows - far from boring, this is how Urban Decay does neutral!

* Featuring a shade range that runs from the palest champagne to the grittiest gunmetal grey, this isn't just 'shades of beige'. Each shadow has a distinctly Urban look, yet works for everyone

* Longer and leaner than most Urban Decay collections, this gorgeous palette holds 12 shadows, including 7 best sellers and 5 brand new shades. Experiment with office-appropriate neutrals, summertime bronzy looks or sultry smokiness (with options for gold, brown or grey combos).

* Urban Decay's Naked Palette means anyone can look fabulous Naked! This stunning neutrals suit all skin tones and are a must have in everyone's makeup collection.

--------------------

The palette arrived and I literally couldn't wait to get it open and try it, the question was which would I try first?! I've found with the palette's I've tried in the past, there's a couple of shades I love....a couple that are ok and several that I would simply never use. After swatching all the shades in the palette on the back of my hand I was surprised by the fact that I couldn't pick out a shade I would never use!

Over the next few weeks I tried all the different shades and was so impressed, the colours are beautiful, high-pigmented and most of all wearable. The quality is amazing...the colours stay put and don't crease throughout the day, they also blend effortlessly. My favourite thing is how versatile the product is...there are so many different combinations and looks you can try. It never gets boring.

The Shades:

* Virgin - Nude satin
              * Sin - Champagne shimmer (similar to MAC Naked Lunch)
              * Naked - Buff matte
              * Sidecar - Beige with glitter
              * Buck - Brown matte
              * Half Baked - Bronze shimmer (similar to MAC Amber Lights)
              * Smog - Golden brown shimmer
              * Darkhorse - Dark bronze shimmer
              * Toasted - Taupe shimmer (similar to MAC Sable)
              * Hustle - Mocha shimmer
              * Creep - Black with sparkle (similar to MAC Black Tied)
              * Gunmetal - Dark grey with sparkle

The palette also came with a flat eyeshadow brush and a sample-size of there 'Eye Shadow Primer Potion. The brush is of excellent quality with a long handle which mades applying the shadows even easier. The primer was amazing to, the shadows stay on well on there own but if you have a really long day ahead I'd definately recommend the use of a primer. The primer was easy to apply with the wand applicator. There is also a slot where the brush sits.

---------------

The packaging in super luxurious, the case is velvet! It is a chocolatey brown colour with big gold writing. It closes with a magnet so doesn't fly open easily. The lid contains a decent sized mirror which I don't personally use but it's handy to have I guess.

------------------------

It costs £36.00 which isn't cheap but I love the product so much I'm happy I bought it. I've had it for a few months and have used it a lot but have loads left, some of the colours are not even dented! The colour is so pigmented a little goes a long way. You also get a free brush and the 'primer potion'. It was definately a treat for me, I don't spend this much money on make-up items all the time but I am pleased with the value for money.

CONCLUSION:
              ------------------

I literally can't say enough about this product I love it! I'd love to try the 'Naked 2' palette aswell! I highly recommend it!

16.06.2013 18:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

a great shadow stick

I love Rimmel and am always pretty impressed with there products and the quality of them especially considering the low price tag. I hadn't used a great deal of shadow sticks in the past but I do like them mainly because there quick which is what I need especially in the mornings before work!

Rimmel is a high street/drug store brand widely available in Boots, Superdrug, some supermarkets and even some smaller pharmacies stock it aswell. They always seem to be releasing new products aswell which keeps things interesting.

----------------

* High Impact Colour Shadow Stick High impact cream shadow stick that applies in a flash

* Precision tip applicator and ultra-soft formula glides on smoothly and won't tug or pull lids for a subtle or intense look.

* High-shine and luminous finish

---------------------

I bought this in the shade 'Bad Girl Bronze' I tend to stick to quite neutral shades when it comes to eyeshadows. A great thing about this product is how quick and easy it is to apply, once it's on you get a few seconds to blend it out and then it's set for the day. The shade I chose has a little glitter in so gives a slightly shimmery finish. The product is very soft so I'd agree it doesn't tug or scratch the eyelid and is very smooth to apply. The colour is also very pigmented. I was impressed with the product as it didn't crease throughout the day. It says on the stick that it's 24 hour waterproof, I've never required my eyeshadow to stay on 24 hours so I don't know about this but it stayed on as long as I needed it to but was easy to remove at night.

The product is available in 5 different shades:

* Bulletproof Beige
                * Bad Girl Bronze
                * Tempting Turquoise
                * Paranoid Purple
                * Blackmail

The shades are all pretty vibrant and not your everyday wearable shades so I'd probably only wear the bronze. I wish there were more shades available in the range.

------------------------

At only £4.49 I think these are excellent value for money. They are pigmented, last all day and are great quality so I was very pleased with my purchase.

CONCLUSION:
                ------------------

I like these a lot and wouldn't hesistate to recommend them, I would repurchase especially if they bought out more shades!

16.06.2013 17:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great fake tan

Over the last few years I've tried various different tans in different formula's but I always come back to this one, mainly because I trust it. It's a bit of a risk trying something new when you have an important event coming up.

St Tropez has an excellent reputation and is known for being one of the best fake tan's on the market. It is available in department stores, Boots and Superdrug and also online.

----------------

* The Bronzing Mousse is ideal for anyone looking to get a natural looking, streak free, golden glow that dries in an instant. Whether you're a first-time tanner or a total pro, the velvety self tan formula glides on and will ensure you know where to apply your tan for a perfect application, every time.

* The innovative AromaguardTM fragrance technology significantly reduces the tell-tale self tan scent and instead gives a beautiful subtle, yet refreshing fragrance.

---------------------

I always exfoliate as recommended before applying any fake tan. This is important to ensure all dead skin is removed. I tend to apply the tan at night before going to bed so it can develop overnight. (BEWARE: your bed sheets will suffer!) I always use a mitt to apply the tan, you definately get better results this way and no orange palms!. The mousse is brown in colour so is easy to see on the skin, this is probably one of the best things about it. It glides on smoothly and dries fairly quickly. I don't think it's intended for use on your face but I put it everywhere and it works well and doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. It is very easy to apply.

One thing I really don't like about the tan is the smell, it's hard to describe but it's not very pleasant and my boyfriend always complains about it.

In the morning I have a shower and rinse the product off which reveals the tan underneath. It's never streaky or orange. The colour is a natural, golden brown. I've found it's better to regularly exfoliate when the tan is fading or else is can become very patchy as it fades, it also sticks to the drier areas on your body.

------------------------

The bronzing mousse is available in two sizes:

* 120ml - £20.43
                  * 240ml - £30.64

I always tend to buy the larger bottle as it's better value for money. The tan isn't cheap so I tend to keep it for special occasions. The quality is amazing and the large bottle lasts me ages so I'm happy to spend the extra money on it.

CONCLUSION:
                  ------------------

One of the best tans I've tried so I definately recommend it and will always repurchase it!

• Barry M Gelly Nail Effects / Make Up / 20 Readings / 20 Ratings
                  16.06.2013 17:07

Advantages

Disadvantages

a lovely cheap nail polish!

I'm always buying nail polishes, I have LOADS in my collection from both high-end and high street brands and if I'm being honest Barry M polishes are just as good as some of the high end brands for a fraction of the price.

Barry M is a drug store/high street brand that is available in both Boots and Superdrug and also online. Barry M is quite a fun brand with very daring shades available. I haven't tried a massive amount of there products but what I have tried I've found to be very high-quality and good value for money.

----------------

* Barry M Hi Shine gel effect Nail Paint provides an extra glossy finish in just one coat.

* Highly-pigmented, chip resistant formula- Gives a glossy, gel-like finish with a single coat- In a range of colour-pop hues

---------------------

I've always liked the Barry M nail polishes so was excited to try the Gelly range. I bought the Gelly polishes in the shades 'Dragonfly' and 'Papaya'. 'Dragonfly' was beautiful but I wasn't so keen on the shade 'Papaya'. It looked hideous against my skintone (it would probably look better with a tan)

I applied a base coat first as I always do to strenghthen my nails and also to protect them from being stained by the nail polish. I then applied two coats of the nail colour and finally a top coat. You probably could get away with just one coat but I did two as that's just what I'm used to doing.

I found the colours to be very pigmented which I liked, the brush was a fairly standard nail polish brush. The finish was beautiful, the colour remained pigmented once it was dry with a very high shine finish. I don't believe any nail polish is chip resistant, lets face it they all chip eventually, some do last longer than others though. This polish did last very well and didn't chip too easily. I was impressed and very pleased with my purchase.

-------------------------

This to me was a bit of a let down, I have to wear quite neutral colours for work and there's nothing in the range that could really be described as neutral. There are 18 shades available online but I don't remember there being that many available in the shop. A lot of the shades are very bright and would probably be better in the Summer months especially on your toe nails, however some of the colours are just awful.

---------------

The packaging is fairly standard for a nail polish, a square shape clear bottle with a silver top. I like that they have made it obvious which shades are gelly and which are normal nail polish with a different colour lid. The brush is fairly standard of a nail polish.

------------------------

These are excellent value for money costing only £3.99, some polishes seem to go gloopy pretty quickly but I'm glad to say this hasn't happened with these. It's last really well also.

CONCLUSION:
                  ------------------

I love these polishes and would definately buy more of them but I just wish they would bring out more shades!

14.06.2013 22:24

Advantages

Disadvantages

I'm torn....

Reviewing Cleanse and Polish is a hard one for me...mainly because it's a multi-award winning cleanser and literally EVERYBODY raves about it and although I was impressed by it, it wasn't the all singing all dancing cleanser I was expecting.

I first saw Liz Earle on QVC, instantly I was excited and intrigued by it...I do find when watching QVC I get swept away by how excited the presenter's get over certain products (I guess that's the idea!) Anyway after hearing this cleanser removed all traces of make-up including eye make-up and was suitable for every skin type I had to try it!

Liz Earle is available from QVC, some department stores (John Lewis definately stock it), they also have there own website where you can order the products. They don't just do skincare products, they also do body products and more recently they've started a make-up line.

----------------

* Ideal for your morning or evening cleanse, this formulation works on every age and skin type, offering concentrated yet gentle cleansing power

* Our plant-based cleanser has a two-phase action. Phase one is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make up, even stubborn mascara

* Phase two is the polishing. Polish off the cream using the pure muslin cloth to gently dislodge dead skin cells and help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin.

* Naturally active ingredients include eucalyptus and cocoa butter for smoother, cleaner skin.

---------------------

Okay so when I ordered this product my skin was in a pretty bad way and I won't go into too much boring detail but I was stressed out and this always shows on my skin. I had bad break-out's and nothing was clearing it up.

The product arrived and I couldn't wait to try it! I'd heard on QVC that just one pump would remove ALL traces of make-up. This wasn't so...it was at least two, maybe more to get rid of it all BUT I do wear quite a bit of make-up so I didn't allow this to put me off.

The texture of the cleanser is thick and creamy, it feels very luxurious on the skin. It is definately a pleasant product to use. I was a little nervous to apply this to my eyes as normally you can't do this with cleansers but it didn't sting at all!...and I loved the fact that I didn't need to spend ages with wipes to get my eye make-up off and it was done in one simple step! The smell isn't amazing - you can definately smell the eucalyptus but I would be willing to put up with this if it lived up to all those giant claims. The product came with 3 muslin cloths I really liked using these, you definately need a clean one everyday especially after removing your eye make-up!

After use my skin felt very clean and smooth, all make-up was removed (I followed by applying a toner with a cotton pad and this was completely clean) There was no tightness like you get with some cleansers when they remove too much natural oil from the skin. I was pleased with my purchase and hoped it would help to clear all those large blemishes. On QVC there were so many people phoning in to say it had completely cleared up there Acne and I was hopeful it would do the same for me.

After a few weeks use the texture of my skin was lovely, it felt soft, smooth and moisturised with no oily feel. I went out and repurchased another bottle and kept going with it but sadly it didn't clear my skin up and I was still getting new blemishes coming up and to be honest this was my main skin concern.

------------------------

The product comes in both a bottle with a pump and in a tube depending on the size you order. Prices and options listed below:

* 100ml pump starter kit - £14.75 (starter kits include one or two muslin cloths)
                  * 100ml pump - £13.25
                  * 50ml pump starter kit - £9.25
                  * 50ml pump - £8.25
                  * 30ml tube + 1 muslin cloth - £5.50
                  * 15ml tube + 1 muslin cloth - £3.25

The value for money was a big issue for me, as I mentioned above I found that rather a lot of product was required to remove all traces of my make-up therefore the bottles were not lasting very long at all. I wouldn't have minded paying for the product if it was lasting a reasonable amount of time.

---------------

I had the 100ml pump bottle and I did like the packaging...it felt very high quality the only annoying thing about it was not being able to tell how much was left. Maybe you wouldn't get that with the tube.

CONCLUSION:
                  ------------------

I definately enjoyed using the product, I loved that I could use it on my eyes and my skin texture definately did improve when I was using it but I was so disappointed that it didn't help my blemishes and I was still getting new spots. For this reason alone I stopped using it but you never know I might go back and give it another go one day.

14.06.2013 21:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

My Favourite Body Scrub!

Every year my mum buys me the big Soap and Glory giftset for Christmas...I think most people find 'bath stuff' boring and hate receiving it for Christmas but I love it! I love trying new products and always put the products to good use.

Soap and Glory are a brand available from Boots. They create skincare products, bath and body products and make-up aswell. I love this brand, I'm a sucker for quirky slogans and fun packaging!

---------------

Don't skip...THE BREAKFAST SCRUBTM oat, shea butter & sugar body smoother. Try out this amazing, good enough to eat Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub Body Exfoliator 300ml body scrub.

---------------------

I'm always fake tanning therefore I'm always in need of a good scrub, The consistancy of this scrub is perfect, when exfoliating your body (especially your legs) you need something pretty gritty to remove all that dead skin so you get a nice, smooth finish. The scrub is coarse enough for this but not so coarse it takes half your skin off with it.

The smell is one of my favourite things about this, it has a sweet, maple syrup scent that's just lovely to use. When using this scrub a little goes a long way so you only need a little bit each time. The scrub doesn't look great in the tub it's a kind of caramel colour with lots of bits in but the smell is so good this doesn't matter and the feel afterwards is amazing! Your skin is silky smooth and smells delicious! Skin also feels moisturised to (must be the shea butter!)

I was interested to see on the Boots website it has also won a lot of awards for being the best body scrub by:

* Cosmo Beauty Awards 2011
                    * U Magazine Beauty readers 2011
                    * Top Santé Beauty Awards 2012
                    * Company Beauty Awards 2012.

This says it all to me and in my opinion it deserves every award! It really is the perfect body scrub!

---------------

The scrub comes in a clear tub with a pink screw top with the writing on the top. I like the clear tub as I can see how much is left and know when it needs replacing. I love Soap and Glory packaging it's always fun, girly and pink with quirky titles and slogans and tongue-in-cheek catchphrases...much more interesting to read than most products out there!

------------------------

I got this as part of a set but it retails at £8.00 for a 300ml tub, as I mentioned before a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time and really does live up to the claims. Excellent value in my opinion.

CONCLUSION:
                    ------------------

My favourite body scrub ever! I would definately recommend this to anyone and will 100% be repurchasing this!