becksfletcher

Member since: 07.07.2008

• Lost (Season 1) / TV Programme / 8 Readings / 6 Ratings
      11.05.2010 21:04

Advantages

Disadvantages

Excellent and highly recommended watch.

Lost is a great TV series and and is now on its 6th and final season. The 1st season was a really good watch and I was hooked from the minute the pilot episode aired. There is no one main character and each episode focuses on one of the survivors, telling there past stories and how they are coping on the very strange and mystical island. In the first season the main question you will have is where the hell are they? And each episode will only leave you with more questions (which is even worse at the end of the season). Despite this being a TV programme some of the acting is excellent with some real depth and emotion in the characters. You will soon find yourself a favourite one and will love the episodes that feature them (Locke and Sawyer for me). If you haven't seen this before then where have you been hiding. This was what everyone was talking about when it first came out, not so much now as it has went on for so long. But an end to it all is in sight and I suggest you start cracking on with the seasons so you dont miss out on what is bound to be a jaw dropping final.

11.05.2010 20:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

Well worth buying and will offer hours of fun and enjoyment.

An awesome game that is a huge improvement on predecessor. The game allows free roaming (like the GTA's) and boasts large cities with vast landscapes and some excellent buildings to scale and dive off (including a large and excellently detailed Venice). The character you play is called Ezio, and you follow him through his journey from being a Jack the Lad to a feared and highly skilled assassin. There are many new skills at your disposal and a huge selection of different weapons all with there signature kill moves (some of the spear kills are gruesome). The games controls are very easy to master, with only a couple of buttons allowing you to unleash most of Ezio's impressive moves. The free running aspect of the game is incredible fun, and you will soon find yourself preferring to run and jump across roof tops rather than walk around the streets. However, the free running doesn't always respond to how you want it. On many occasions I found myself jumping to near death from a 4 storey building rather than jump to a beam I was looking at. The game itself is quite long and will offer lots of playability, however there is a lot of repetition. The middle of the game seems to be drawn out. I recently completed it, but had a long break between play as I got bored from doing the same stuff all the time. However when you get to the end you will think "the juice was worth the squeeze" ha ha.

30.11.2009 20:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

Awesome

Simply brilliant. Most modern addaptions of comic book hereos have flopped in my opinion, but the new Batmans have been jaw droppingly good. Especially the most recent installment, the dark knight. In this one Batman (played by Christian Bale) takes on his arch nemesis the Joker (played by the late Heath Ledger). The acting is inspirational and delivered with a powerful punch. The story line itself fast paced and edge of your seat stuff. I was dreading this movie ending because I knew I would be wanting more, and more I did. The movie on blu-ray looks stunning and crystal clear. The picture was so good that at times i felt I could tap the joker on the shoulder and ask him if he fancies a pint in the old dog and hound. In conclusion, this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time and highly recommend it to all. If you are able to watch it on a blu-ray, then do it, immediatly. You will not be disappointed.

30.11.2009 20:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

If you just only want to play games then get an xbox, otherwise get the PlayStation.

I got my PlayStation 3 the other weekend, after my Xbox 360 went faulty on me, that pesky red ring of death. After being a strong xbox fan for so long I thought I would give the PS3 a turn, and I must admit, this is truely a powerful and exciting machine. Despite offering all of the advantages of the Xbox, such as next gen gaming, high definition connectivity and online gaming. The PS3 also offers so much more. It was built for entertainment, not just gaming. The PlayStation has a built in Blu-Ray player, which at first I didnt think would be as good as people say. But I got the Dark Night on blu-ray with the console and I nearly wet myself with joy when I watched it. The picture is so sharp and clear. The PS3's new 120gb hard drive also allows you to store also sorts of different media. You can simply plug in a USB pen into the console and transfer all your photos, music and films onto it. The PS3 suppoerts avi's so watching all them downloaded movies on your TV is much easier. The PlayStation Network (the equivelent to xbox live) is free. Allowing you to play all your favourite games with others around the world for no extra charge, unlike xbox live which is around £35 a year. The console also has its own browser, so you can surf the web. The one drawback I find with the PlayStation when compared to the xbox, except of course the price, is thsat PSN is slower and more tempremental than xbox live. But other than that is a fantastic entertainment machine and well worth the pennies.

30.11.2009 20:28

Advantages

Disadvantages

A must for any gamer.

General Game Info: This is a military based first person shooter. You take control of soldiers fighting in a modern, yet fictional war. Gameplay: The controls for the game are easy to learn and quick to master. The movement is flawless and gunfights are highly charged. You will feel your adrenalin pumping around your body as bullets wizz past your head. Graphics: The graphics for this game are stunning and highly detailed. This can be a very gory game at times, especially one specific level. Yet the blood splatterin against the wall as your bullet exits the enemies body adds that perfect touch the the general feel of the game. Conclusion: A brilliantly made game which offers endless amounts of playability. The main game itself is quite short, I completed it in 6 hours. But there the special ops missions which offer extra play and can be quite challenging. However, the main thrill and attraction of this game is the online aspect. Playing in a game with upto 16 others, all fighting one another in a fast paced battle is fantastic. Plus the buzz you get when you manage to kill one of the those who take it all to seriously is hilarious.

• toluna-group.com / Internet Site / 15 Readings / 14 Ratings
          28.11.2009 01:35

Advantages

Disadvantages

Give it a go, you never know you might love it :)

I stumbled across this website, trying to find something to do alongside Dooyoo. Although I do love this site, I wanted something a with a bit less effort needed to rank up points (lazy I know). I found Toluna to be quite good, free to join, and at first as your points add up so quickly. Unfortunately in order to receive a twelve pound amazon voucher you need a whopping 80,000 points and if you get around 15 points per poll, you do the maths and you will see its quite time consuming. If you find this kind of thing interesting then you will soon see your points rise. Surveys are also avail;able on this side aswell as higher paying polls but they are few and far between. Perhaps I am just looking in the wrong place. The website is really easy to use and genuinley pays out to its users. You can create polls on Toluna and they do get answered. If you are having a disagreement with your family members then you can always ask Toluna for the answer.

• Wii Fit (Wii) / Nintendo Wii Game / 17 Readings / 16 Ratings
            10.08.2009 20:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Maybe i need to give it another go!!!

The Wii Fit - a lot of hype about nothing! I wanted this game for ages and I am hugely disappointed now I have got it, to be honest I was bored after 10 minutes. I thought this game would allow me to exercise in the house simply as I have a young child and sometimes find it difficult to get out and have some ME time to exercise! To be fair on the game, I haven't unlocked many levels yet but of the ones which are unlocked they are really boring and hardly exercises that are going to make you "slim Jim". One of the games which I gave a go was the hula hoops!! - quite good fun actually but strangely harder than I imagined it to be, and it looked on that famous YouTube video of the American lady - I couldn't keep it going for long without it dropping! another was the jogging - you need to un down an animated path with other characters making sure you don't run too fast or slow - personally I would prefer to run, sprint, hurdles etc (which you can do without the wii fit game). I thought the running was impressive but for some reason I was expecting more! The wii Fit cost us around £55 - I can see us using it for a party or now and again for exercise but it's not something I am going to need to tear myself away from. Wii fit allows you to weigh yourself, it also tells you your BMi and whether you are within the healthy range or otherwise. The scales are accurate and the wii fit game recognises when you have been on and whether you have lost/gained weight. I bought this game with the intention to hope it would help to give me the opportunity to loose weight and get fit, I think the game is more suited for toning, balance and general exercises and therefore does not really suit my needs Perhaps I need to give this game another chance - but for some strange reason I prefer the Eye Toy and the Wii Olympic games!! Summary: Maybe I need to give it another go!!!

• In the Night Garden / TV Programme / 13 Readings / 11 Ratings
              10.08.2009 20:05

Advantages

Disadvantages

A fantastic little show for toddlers

In the Night Garden! My 18 month year old little boy has recently discovered this programme and requests to watch it constantly; some would say he is addicted haha. In the night garden is an animated series (Cartoon) designed for toddlers and pre school children mainly. It has several slots on the BBC children's channels but the one we watch most is the 6:00pm show... ideal for getting your child to wind down and relax before bedtime. I'm not sure how long this series has been around for but it cannot have been that long - probably a year or 2 max. Unlike other children's programmes this one is quiet, relaxing and sometimes annoying but not the same annoyance as the loud upbeat children's programmes. The characters in the programme vary, some a large, some are small (even though the large ones are still tiny compared to humans). Iggle Piggle is the main character with his blue skin/fur and a funny shaped head (oh so I think), his standard red blanket that he keeps at all times attached to his hand. Iggle Piggle is probably the most popular character with most children, he features most of the episodes as each one starts with Iggle Piggle waking up and coming to the night garden, the episode ends with a story of the days activities and a sequence of the characters going to sleep. Iggle Piggle is always the last to go to sleep!!! Upsy Daisy is probably Iggle Piggle's best friend, she has dark skin - and looks like a puppet (or so I think), she wears bright colours clothes and has an inflatable skirt (strange I know) lol. Alike the other characters Daisy has her own song and dance and will do it most episodes. Makka Pakka is a strange creature - I cannot even describe something similar, he is quite wrinkled and is very small. He is a cream/stone colour. Makka Pakka often piles up stones, sometimes he gives them to his friends; sometimes he just piles them up! ... Sometimes he even uses them as a pillow! Other Chanters are the three Tombliboos - three small baby like characters (girls I think), The Pontipines - group of ten tiny characters - the parents and 8 children!!! - They live in a house together and all share one bedroom. The Haahoos - don't really know much about these, they are a group of inflatable shapes that don't really seem to do much!! The characters use the Ninky Nonk for transport and the Pinky Ponk. The nonk is a train with many carriages The Pinky Ponk is a bit like a hot air balloon which is lopsided and very colourful - it flees through the air has windows!! This programme is really good for young children, it teaches them about bedtime which was really good for my little boy who was finding it hard to understand when to go to bed. He often watches an episode, has a bath and then knows its bedtime. You can purchase many episodes on DVD however it you have virgin media you can catch u whenever you like!! Give it a try I am sure your child will love this programme!

• TK Maxx / Highstreet Shopping / 18 Readings / 15 Ratings
                03.08.2009 17:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great fashion shop

TK Maxx - A girls Heaven or Hell I would like to begin by mentioning that this shop is much underrated, it contains rails and rails of bargains - stunning cocktail dresses, ball gowns, underwear, coats, and all of the up-to-date fashion and that's just for women! The shop actually holds a variety of products, even children's toys! The great thing about this store is that everything is highly discounted; most of the items are labelled brands too! TK Maxx has many stores throughout the country - my local one is always busy!! You will be sure to find a bargain in this shop - within the store you will find isles and isles of different items all sectioned in sizes amongst a section rather than style. For example you will have a section for party dresses and within this section you will have a rail for size 8, size 10, size 12 etc. The bad thing about this store is that it does not hold a full size range - you may find a product once in the shop in a size 8 for example. On the plus side this stops you from going out to find everyone has the same dress on as you!!!! lol Tk Maxx has a website but not the same as most of the high street stores. As they hold that many items they do not keep their website updated and offer an online sale option, you must go to the store itself. Perhaps this will loose them business - but for me it stops all the online shoppers grabbing the best bargains for once! Give TK Maxx a try - bargain city!

01.02.2009 22:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

A fab cook book for beginners!

Upon receiving this book as a christmas present I was eager have a good look! I had previously been put of with fancy cook books and fancy chef's. Jamie is totally up my street, I had watched the series and therefore knew that the recipes would be simple and most importantly not too expensive. The book itself is broken down into sections, these include, pastas, quick meals and desserts (any many more ofcourse), most pages have pictures on for people like me who like to make it look fancy as the chef's do!! haha I have now tried most of the recipes in this book and both me and my other half are completely obsessed. My partner could not cook for toffee before he started reading this book and now I cannot get him out of the kitchen. This book also includes information about what you should keep in your food cupboard, i.e. tinned tomatoes - they are a must for this cook book!!! All of the recipes in this book are really tasty, with little effort and more importantly, litle cost! - they seem to fill you up to and you don't seem to want that late night snack lol. Jamie uses everyday items i.e. onions, carrots, potatoes, chilli, garlic and herbs and spices. Once you have got your basic ingredients in your shopping bill will reduce massivley. In the past I have been known to spend over 100 pounds on shopping and this week I have only spent 46!!! It really is true that it is cheaper to cook properly. Must try recipe's are : Mega chocolate fudge cake, my sweet and sour pork, minced beef wellington... not to mention the rest! Do yourself a favour and get this book! its a must have!

• Let's Twist Again / Board Game / 33 Readings / 31 Ratings
                    13.10.2008 15:09

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great game!

This game costs around £3.98 in ASDA and is ASDA's take of the popular game Twister. The game itself comes as part of an offer, of which you can purchase two games for £7 pounds. I think this is a bargain as the original twister costs more than 7 pounds itself. The game comes in a green box and has images of cartoon characters playing the game on the front. The game is designed for people who are four years and older and is great fun. Let's twist again is similar to twister in many ways. It comes with a plastic mat with different coloured circles displayed around the mat. Instead of having a board that you twist in order to see who has to stand where you have two large plastic die's. The die's come with some stickers that you need to add onto to make your dice's ready for the game. Once you have done this, you don't need to do it again and they can be stored in your box for whenever you want to play. When you are all set, one person will need to throw the die to see whether you will use a hand or a leg to place on a colour and the other die will determine the colour. The idea of the game is to stay on the designated colours and not to fall. The first person to fall or remove their body part from the colour is the looser. This game is great fun and definitely worth the £3.98. I have had hours of fun with mine and always play it with friends and family. Enjoy xx

• Rock Rivals / TV Programme / 28 Readings / 26 Ratings
                      05.10.2008 12:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

A fab drama which shows an rather different insight of reality tv lol

Rock Rivals! This program was played on ITV in April this year. I was one of many people who were completley hooked. The drama was based on a reality TV program which had three judges, two of which are married, Karina Faith and Malcolm Faith, and are the main people in the show and another which is a male and appears to be gay lo. The drama is kind of a portrayal of the music industry, as the episodes are shown, people are chosen to perform on the live shows, ultimatley leaving a winner at the end. Each of the judges has a group of people are their aim is to get their artists to win. sounds good right? There are lots of twists and turns and good humour within the drama. Affairs, lies, slyness are some. The great thing about this program is that at the end the public got to choose who the winner was. I definatley wanted Katrina to win, and I registered my vote. I wont give the end away, its a really good series to watch and can now be purchased on DVD from most stores like HMV and Virgin. Enjoy! xx

• Matalan / Highstreet Shopping / 34 Readings / 32 Ratings
                      03.10.2008 21:17

Advantages

Disadvantages

A really good high street shop!

Matalan! Matalan has got to be one of my favourite shops. cheap good quality fashionable clothes, you cannot go wrong!. Matalan stocks clothes for women, men, and children and ranges from jogsuits to fancy suits. Matalan also sell household items such as towels and suitcases! The only downside with Matalan is simply the dreaded CARD. In order to buy something from Matalan you need a card which you get from the store which is free of charge. Each time you buy something you will need to show this card and if you do not have it you will need to get a day pass. I say its dreaded, simply because I have misplaced mine and always end up queing up for the day passes. Matalan prices are really good. You can purchase childrens coats, shoes, rompers, jeans ..i could go on forever. I purchased childrens clothes today for £2! you really cannot complain! Matalan have a large section of office wear, shoes, bags etc which are all really good quality and really good to have! Try out your local matalan. Great value for money and well worth a little browse inside.

• childrenswear.co.uk / Online Shop / 30 Readings / 29 Ratings
                        29.09.2008 18:16

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great website, easy to use and keeps its promises

After pondering around the shops for weeks and weeks to find a suitable christening outfit for my baby boy, and almost every time been disappointed by the fact that each item I picked was not in stock I decided to turn to the Internet. Upon searching I came across this website. The store is based in London and sells formal clothes for children. The prices are reasonable and I purchased a 3 piece suit for my little boy for less than 20 pounds. This was the same price as quoted in the shops that I was very unsuccessful in and so I was very pleased. There was a small fee for delivery, which I was more than happy to pay. Once processing my order, and paying over the Internet by card payment I was sent order details to my email address. The clothes arrived when stated in a neatly packaged envelope. The suit was ironed and clean and was in brilliant condition. It came on a small coat hanger with plastic over the top to protect it. I would definitely recommend this website to others. The sizes are pretty average and the suit's are made in age of months. I purchased a 6-9 month suit when my child was 7 months and it fit him perfectly. This website is excellent for those who cannot get out to a shop which sells this kind of clothes. It is reasonably priced and is very good quality. I would definitely shop here again.

21.09.2008 10:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

great reading

Disney's Tarzan - Movie Book Library What a great book, especially for the price I paid. I bought this book from a £ shop and instantly grabbed it and took it to the checkouts. The book itself is hard back and is yellow and black in colour. It has a picture of Tarzan on the front as well as the Disney Logo. Within the book there is a neat little area to add your name to the book so you will always know it belongs to you. The book was published in 2006 by Advance Publishers; however it was first published in 2003. The book has very large print and is quite simple to read. The text size is around 16-18 and is quite bold in colour. The words themselves are also quite basic and would not cause too much of a problem for a young reader. The book has words wrote on the left hand size and images on the right throughout. There are around 20 words per page and around 20 pages. The story itself is a good version of Tarzan, as you would expect from Disney. The back of the book reads "Following he Adventures of Tarzan, an orphan raised in the jungle by a lowing ape, as he is introduced to other humans. The Disney Movie book selection has many other books; the collection is based on the most popular films which are made by Disney and Pixar. Grab the lot if you can, they are really good books for all, but especially children.