colpol

Member since: 13.03.2011

User that trust you
      08.11.2012 02:03

Advantages

Disadvantages

I wouldn't buy again.

So luckily for me I picked this little lipstick up for £1.50 from eBay as nobody had bidded on it, it was brand new and sealed and sold from a lady who stocks Avon, the average price of this lipstick is around £3.50 and is only available online or through the Avon catalogue.

The packaging is very simple and nothing special, its a black plastic tube with a purple/pink dotted pattern and a clear plastic case to protect the lipstick. The lipstick is the usual twist up style and if you would like to know the shade name of your lipstick its printed on the bottom.

Since I have bought this lipstick, Avon have updated the packaging. The new packaging is very different, a lot more modern and interesting and they have also renamed the colours.

The colour which I have is Pink Sunrise which in the new shades is named Pink Holiday. The colour is a lightish pink mixed with a dark nude which is a very natural colour and great for most skin colours to pull off.

WHAT DOES AVON SAY ABOUT COLOR TREND KISS N GO LIPSTICK?
      Treat your lips to a rich and creamy lipstick in hot stay-true colours that last for hours. SPF15.

WHAT DO I THINK OF THIS LIPSTICK?
      I really wouldn't say this lipstick is creamy or rich, infact I think its very sheer and light and you need a good few coats for it to start looking rich and opaque on your lips.
      I would describe it as more of a tinted lipbalm rather than an actual lipstick, its moisturising on your lips and leaves a slight sheen and a hint of colour, you're still able to see your own lip colour underneath which actually makes this lipstick seem really natural.
      It has a lovely fruity scent to it and a slight taste which I find pleasant, but if you don't like scented/flavoured lip products then I would avoid this as although its not very strong it is noticeable.
      I find the lipstick needs topping up every hour or so to keep your lips looking moisturised with a hint of colour, if not I find the lipstick comes off on its own very easily so make sure you keep this in your bag.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN?
      Although I only payed £1.50 for this I don't think I will be repurchasing as it doesn't give me the results which I want, if you want something which is a good price, cheap and natural then this would be good for you.

Thank you for reading and hope my review was of some help.

• Sunsilk Sun In / Hair Care / 16 Readings / 16 Ratings
      30.09.2012 03:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

I would use again.

Over the last few months I have been an angel with my hair, I just haven't touched it at all with any kind of dyes, I have gone from a dark brown to a light brown in just 3 months, yay!

Anyway, with Christmas coming up I decided I wanted blonde highlights BUT I did not want to put my hair through the whole process of bleaching again as its just very harsh on my poor hair, so instead I picked up this spray which lightens your hair gradually as it contains some bleach ( amongst other things. ) and you use this twice a week on your hair wherever you want it lightened and obviously, it is a lot better than just chucking a big load of bleach on there!

I picked up mine in Superdrug and the price was around £3.00 which is pretty good value considering you get 150ml and it promises to lighten up your hair without doing as much damage as bleach ( IF USED CORRECTLY. )

So, I have had this around 2/3 weeks now and have been using it about 4 times a week ( oops, my bad. ) and have noticed a difference already in some parts of my hair, it has gone a lot lighter and quite brassy ( due to the bleach, normal if your hair currently has dye on. ) which is what I wanted as I can now put an ash blonde hair dye over the brassyness.

Now like I said Sun In contains bleach which is what lightens the hair, as far as damage is concerned, I haven't noticed much to be honest until this week, it has become quite split but nothing a good hair oil wont hide! I decided to just put away the rest ( I would say I have about 70ml left, so can easily use another time. ) as I didn't want to damage my hair further.

You can get lots of different results with this spray, if you want a highlighted look then simply spray and brush through, or if you want the ombre look apply to the ends of your hair! Or if you just want a lightened look, spray all over and dry BUT do remember this CAN and WILL damage your hair if you use it to much, you really don't need much so try not to coat your hair in it, just a few sprays!

Also, it isn't recommended for very dark brown to black hair, so I would advise trying something else, if you have a light natural hair colour this would be perfect for you if you want a hint of lightness added to your hair.

I would really recommend but like I said, follow the instructions properly.

• Shu Uemura Essence Absolue / Hair Care / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      30.09.2012 03:23

Advantages

Disadvantages

I would buy again if I could afford it

I won this in a competiton back in June and ever since I have had this I have noticed a huge difference in my hair, the damage isn't as noticeable anymore and my ends look a lot less split.

I usually use this after styling my hair, although you can use before shampooing and as a hair masque to leave in overnight, I have not tried this yet but I will be doing soon!

The oil feels really light on your hands, and has such a different fragrance to the usual 'hair' things, its quite like a barbie doll if that makes sense? Do you remember getting the barbie dolls when they were new in the box and they smelled amazing! Or was that just me?!

I usually rub the oil between my palms and smooth it all over the mid length to bottom of my hair, it makes my hair incredibly soft and adds a gorgeous shine and just finishes off the look. Its great because it doesn't weigh down your hair and make it feel greasy like I have noticed some hair oils seem to do.

This is the best thing I have ever used on my hair ( and most expensive! ) A 150ml bottle cost around 40-50 pounds and I feel great to have won it, I see this lasting quite a long time and like I said, a huge difference in my dry hair already after only a week! Its worth the price tag and if you want something to make your hair feel like a SUPERSTAR then this is it =p

• Carmex Cherry Flavoured Lip Balm / Lip Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.09.2012 03:19

Advantages

Disadvantages

Would recommend!

I suffer from dry lips and have tried numerous lip balms, none of them were ones I felt I could stick with but then I tried out this one by Carmex.

If you hate cherries, I would advise against this as its VERY fruity and has quite a strong taste and smell of cherry, which luckily I adore!

Its quite a small pot but it seems to have lasted me ages, I have had it around a year!
      The balm is red in colour although it applies clear and it has one of the best textures I have seen in a balm, very smooth and quite thick and it works itself into your lips very well, you end up with soft lips that don't feel heavy, they feel light and moisturised and this last for a few hours, doesn't seem to transfer so you don't need to keep topping up every hour or so.

As for helping my lips feel better and more looked after, this really ticks all of the boxes, my lips have never looked better and the little pot is great if you're on a budget and very easy to carry around with you.

Would I recommend? I would indeed!

• Aussie Moist Shampoo / Hair Care / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      30.09.2012 03:11

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wouldn't recommend.

I am quite a big fan of the Aussie brand and have used quite a lot from there collection, after bleaching my hair it was incredibly dry and I was advised to get a shampoo to help put some moisture back into my hair, having used Aussie before I decided to pick this one up as it was exactly what my hair needed.

I waited until after my hair had settled and got back into good condition before using, as it was too fragile to mess with..a few months later I started using this and like Aussies other products the smell is lovely, probably one of the nicest things about Aussie, it reminds me of bubblegum! BUT it was terribly drying to my hair, it made my hair incredibly knotty and uncomfortable, it was very hard to work into the hair and didn't help improve my hair at all, I used the Moist conditioner afterwards hoping for better results but I found that quite drying too.

I really wouldn't recommend this shampoo, it promises you healthy, shiny, soft looking hair..but I found it made me hair very dry and very difficult to work with.

• 2True Cheek N Lip Tint / Make Up / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.09.2012 03:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wouldn't recommend.

I am quite new to the world of lip stains and this is the first one I have used, cant say I am to impressed though and glad its so cheap, otherwise I would of felt like money was wasted.

I chose this shade because the dark red one looked very very dark and gothic, not great for my skin tone!
      The smell isn't nice at all, its like poster paint which you used to get in school, the bottle is also kind of stupid, its like a nail polish pot ( I did think it was nail polish first if I am being honest. )

The texture is not a bad consistency, its kind of runny thick and you only need a tiny amount to use on your lips, I usually just use the brush and dab on then use my fingers to massage into my lips.
      Once the colour is blended in its not great, a tiny bit lighter than usual and not as pink as you would expect, it also comes off very easily and feels drying on my lips.

I wouldn't recommend this even if it only £1.99

ALSO can I just add I haven't used this on my cheeks as I only wanted it for my lips, so I can not pass comment on that.

THIS REVIEW CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON MY BLOG AND SHESAIDBEAUTY.

16.05.2012 16:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not one of her best fragrances.

This perfume has been around for quite a few years but strangely, although I am a huge fan of Britney Spears fragrances I never got round to smelling it! Luckily my auntie decided to buy me a bottle as gift which I was very pleased about and now I can share my feelings on the fragrance with you.

The fragrance Curious can be purchased in most places which stock perfume, its price varies depending on what size bottle you go for, looking around online I can see bottle sizes range from 15ml up to 100ml and prices are very reasonable, around £20.00 for 100ml which is a lot of perfume.

I quite like the design of the bottle, and because of its size its also rather comfortable in my hand whilst I am using it.
      I would say its shaped like a diamond, the colour is quite a bold ice blue which goes nicely with the charms that are wrapped around the nozzle, two pink hearts.
      The box it comes in is in my opinion, even more attractive than the bottle its self, its fun and girly and quite energetic! The main colours are black, pink and blue. The design also consist of some swirls and in the middle of each side is the Britney spears logo for Curious with a blue/pink background.

Now onto the smell of the perfume, its meant to be quite a young, bright and lively fruity/floral smell with the main smell being white flowers, vanilla, pear and magnolia..also some hints of musk.

Spraying the perfume onto my skin I got a hint of flowers more than anything, I found it very florally but its also quite sweet smelling too..but not so much it makes you feel over whelmed like some other fragrances by Britney Spears.
      Because of the smell of this perfume I really think anybody of any age could wear this perfume, its very light, fresh and innocent..quite a natural everyday perfume and although this fragrance was meant to be quite musky I didn't really get one hint of this whilst wearing it, which for me is a bonus because I am not a huge fan of muskiness anyway.

After a few minutes the power of the perfume starts to fade, so you ( and also people around you! ) can not really notice it much anymore ( yes, I asked people around me if they could smell it as I walked past/being close to me ect..and nobody could tell I was wearing anything unless they got quite close. ) Since the power of the perfume isn't very strong, its instantly not something I am really loving..although I cant fault it for lasting all day on my skin, but then again what use is this when its only you that can smell it and you have to basically have your wrist against your nose!

This perfume is fine but I personally wouldn't spend my own money on it in the future.
      Also, I still do wear it, but its more the type of perfume you wear just because you want a perfume on which I am sure you ladies will understand.

As a big fan of her fragrances, this is not one of Britney's best unfortunately.

Hope my review was of some help to you!

04.02.2012 19:07

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wouldn't buy unless on a budget.

I ran out of nail polish remover a few months ago and living on an extremely tight budget I had to go for the lowest priced nail polish remover I could find..this is where Wilkinson's own brand came in!

-PRICE-

My other half picked this up for me, he cant remember the price! And they dont seem to have it on their website but I can promise you its not over a pound, so its quite nicely priced for 250ml of it.

-APPEARANCE-

I like the appearance, its even a lot nicer than the more expensive one I was using before! Even though you get 250ml, it still manages to look quite petite! It has a tiny black screw off lid and the bottle is clear and tinted a very light pink with a light pinky/purple liquid inside!
      It is also decorated quite nicely, light shades of pink and white telling me the information I need to know, instructions and ingredients ect..are printed on the back in black writing.

I couldn't knock the appearance for the price, its a lot prettier than other ones which are more expensive.

-USE OF PRODUCT-

Unlike most other nail polishes, the lid on this is a lot better, you know the hole bit where it comes out? ( sorry, only way I can explain it! ) instead after you screw off the lid its more of a pierced top so the liquid doesn't come out to quickly which makes it great if your quite clumsy and accident prone like myself!

To use, simply put onto a piece of cotton ball or pad and rub the nail polish from your hand, it says for best results to use a fresh piece of cotton each time.

I dont find the smell of this is to overwhelming, sometimes my eyes water and my other half has to leave the room because its so strong but this is a lot less stronger than usual ones..dont get me wrong, it still has a horrible chemical smell buts its not too strong!

As far as removing nail polish goes I wouldn't say this is great, its okay! It takes a good bit of rubbing and scrubbing to remove nail polish from your fingers but you get there eventually.
      It also doesn't benefit my nails in any way like other brands tend to, I wouldn't say its nice for conditioning your nails!

For the price you cant complain I guess, it does do what it says on the tin and beggars cant be choosers! It also seems to have lasted me a lot longer than other ones and I think this is because of the pierced bottle making a lot less product come out.

If I had the money, I definitely wouldn't purchase this again as its a lot of effort to remove your nail polish, but whilst on a budget its okay.

04.02.2012 18:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

I like it!

For Christmas I received a fabulous Max Factor gift set and inside was a mini version of Vibrant Lip Curve effect lipgloss!

-PRICE-

You can find this lipgloss everywhere really at the price of £7.99 for 17ml. If you look online on sites like Ebay, you can find it a lot cheaper..so for that reason I would recommend buying online instead..lets just hope they are not fakes!

I think the price of the lipgloss is quite expensive, make up just seems to be ridiculously over priced which sucks when your poor and you love make up!

-APPEARANCE-

This lipgloss isn't really any different to other ones, it comes in a small tube with a black twist off lid.
      The tube is clear so inside you can easily see the colour of the gloss you are getting.
      The part you use to apply to your lips is a good size and has a nice curve to it and is purple in colour.
      Printed on the tube is the Max Factor logo which is wrote in gold, also the name of the product and some information ( contact information ect.. )
      On the bottom of the tube is a sticker with the shade colour on.

I dont really have much to say about the appearance, its just like any other lipgloss really, not great but not bad either.

-USE OF THE PRODUCT-

I have quite full lips so I wouldn't really say this was something I *needed* although I do enjoy having new things. I say needed because this gloss is made to give you fuller looking lips, apparently the gloss hugs all the corners of your mouth which gives a fuller look.

There is a wide range of shades available, just take a look on Max Factors website or Boots own website and the shades are easily laid out so you can find one you like, the shade I have is #5 Bubbly which is a peachy/pink very light nude kind of colour.

The first thing I noticed when using the gloss is the smell, unlike usual glosses which always seem to smell of fruit like strawberries and raspberries..this one kind of has a watermelon smell! Which is a lovely change from the usual!

I wouldn't say this gloss is very dramatic and eye catching, its actually quite natural looking on my lips, with tiny specks of shimmer and although the colour did look quite pink/peachy in the bottle you can only notice a sheer amount of that whilst on your lips.

I think I would of preferred if the colour had come out more like in the tube, but I wouldn't really knock it for that as it does deliver everywhere else..bar the price!

The gloss isn't sticky, doesn't dry up my lips and is very evenly applied due to the wand shape! I dont find I have fuller looking lips when using it but that doesn't bother me because I am okay about my lip shape anyway!

The gloss stays put for a good few hours, its not one of the ones that just seem to disappear after a few seconds of applying it and as I said before, it doesn't dry out my lips so my lips always look healthy and smooth whilst still looking pretty!

I would recommend this if your after a natural looking gloss with a fleck of shimmer and dont mind a sweet tropical smell! If you prefer full coverage, full cover and an eye catching lipgloss then I would avoid this and spend your money somewhere else!

I hope my review was helpful to you and if not please message/leave a comment explaining why and I will happily work on it.

Colpol.

04.02.2012 18:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

10/10, great product excellent results, couldn't recommend more.

At Christmas I was lucky enough to get my hands on a lot of money and after seeing my friends hair after using the Remington hair wand I was certain that I had to get one as soon as I could.

-PRICE-

I purchased mine whilst away in Dublin, in a Boots store so the price was obviously different.
      After looking online on the Boots website I can see that the price is £25.49 in the UK, I am sure places like Ebay or other stores with lower prices *might* do them cheaper.
      I thought the price of the wand was great because as I was looking around there was a lot of other less known brands which were double the price!

-APPEARANCE-

The appearance of the wand is great, its chic and modern and has a little design of flowers on it which gives it a feminine touch.
      It has 3 buttons which are easy to use and easy to understand, its also a very thin wand so its not to hard to hold in your hand ( I say this because I have used curlers in the past which are a pain to hold because they are so thick and big! )
      The wand also has a 3 metre cord and its the swivel type making it very easy and not so complicated to use when your styling your hair..nothing worse than a short lead making it hard to move around as you like!
      Included with the wand is also a gold heat proof pouch which is great to put the product into/on to prevent any damage anywhere else.
      The box the wand came in was exactly like the wand, chic and feminine and very modern, inside the box was instructions on how to use and a guarantee incase anything should happen.

-USE OF THE PRODUCT-

If you have read some of my reviews in the past you will know I like to have hair which looks good, nothing worse than bad hair days! I rarely curl my hair..I have only had a few curlers in the past but none of them delivered the curls/waves I wanted, but like I said after seeing a friend with absolutely amazing wavy curly hair I asked her how she did it and that is when the pearl wand was mentioned.

After I purchased the wand my excitement couldn't wait! I went upstairs and read the instructions, they said the wand only took 30 seconds to heat up and indeed they was right! Very fast heat up but also very hot ( depending on what temperature you have it on, it ranges from 130-210°C ) so if you do purchase make sure you put on your glove ( which is included ) before use, this will help protect you from getting burned.

The barrel is apparently coated with ceramic which makes your curls/waves seem more smooth and glossy and makes application incredibly fast and smooth! When I use the product I can notice my hair looks more shiny and glossy..and people have also noticed this to! So high five for ceramic coating whatever that may be!

As I said before the wand sits very comfortably in my hand and because of this, its not hard to make my hair look great. I use the wand for both curls and waves because they are both easy to do and both look natural and great, for tight curls I just do small sections of my hair at a time and wrap around the wand, hold the last piece of hair on the cool tip for around 10 seconds and let go..and after doing this I cant even begin to tell you the good hair days I have been having, my hair looks natural, glossy and full of life.

The wand is also great for natural looking waves, I have tried numerous ways of trying to get wavy hair in the past ( using straighteners, wavy hair products! sea salt and water.. ) but all of them have failed!
      Holding the wand upside down ( takes a bit of getting used to but the cord makes it a lot easier because it moves with your hair! ) take a big (ish) piece of your hair ( also its best not to do this in sections if you have medium length hair! otherwise it wont really look wavy, more curly as waves usually start from half way down your head.. ) and wrap this around the wand for about 10 seconds and amazingly, you have great waves which look fantastic and bring in lots of compliments/

I only use this wand about once a week now ( used it every day when I first bought it! ) because they are quite damaging ( like all hot hair products! ) and because I had the temperature on the highest setting the damage did begin to show, but I doubt anyone would use these every day as when used correctly, they do give a very glamorous and expensive look to your hair! A few times a week is more than enough, if you do plan on using daily I would recommend getting some heat protecting products for your hair.

Once you turn off the wand it takes about 2 minutes to cool down and then you can replace them in the heat proof pouch and store them until next needed, they also shut off if not used in a certain amount of time..have not witnessed this myself as I always turn them off if not using for more than a few minutes!

I give these a 10/10 and I am extremely glad I was lucky enough to afford them, I hope my review was of help and if not please message me/leave a comment so I can work on what wasn't good.

Colpol!

24.10.2011 21:48

Advantages

Disadvantages

I like the way it covers my acne!

I have acne which looks quite severe 75% of the time, I hate my skin and dont feel comfortable at all with no make up and I always am trying to cover it.
        The make up which I have used for the last few years which covers it up was discontinued, and now I see on Ebay that there is only about 30 left, all of them selling quite fast *cries* so I am on the hunt for a new foundation!

I heard this foundation was very good for people who suffer from acne as its very high coverage yet very natural looking! I looked up reviews and it did sound really good so whilst I was in ASDA I decided to buy it. I payed *PRICE* £6.99 for it, it can be bought cheaper off Ebay but as with most things I have no patience and couldn't be bothered waiting to try it out!

The *APPEARANCE* is quite simple but I like it, the packaging is tiny and holds a tiny 9g foundation. Its navy coloured with the Max Factor logo over the lid and the name of the product both wrote in gold, on the back there is just some basic information about the texture wrote in a few different languages and on the bottom is a little sticker with the shade on.
        At the bottom of the little tube, there is a little twisty thing which is what pushes up the foundation.
        The foundation is store inside and is shaped like an oval, its not a liquid foundation or a powder, its more of a hard creamy foundation.

I thought cos the way the foundation looked it would be hard to glide across my face because it looked very thick, I was so very wrong though as its so smooth and when putting it onto my skin it just glides across! It has a really old fashioned smell too! It smells like talc.
        I picked up the shade Fair as I am wanting to start embracing my natural shade and Fair is the lightest shade they have, the colour isn't the best, its quite orange on my skin and not at all fair, I was disappointed.
        As far as coverage goes, meh..I really feel undecided! I like it but then again I dont, it does cover up my acne quite well, but there is just something about it that just looks...obvious? Yes, that is the word..obvious, you can just tell I am wearing it and it doesn't look natural.
        It feels very smooth on my skin though and considering the coverage its very matte.
        I tried applying it with a brush but it still is quite noticeable that its very fake! I think if they did a paler shade I would try that out cos it could look better, and then put a powder over the top to see how it looked.

Overall, 3 out of 5..wish they could have more shades and it not look as obvious, but as far as covering my acne goes it probably the best I have come across.

• Scott Cornwall Colour B4 / Hair Care / 25 Readings / 23 Ratings
        24.10.2011 21:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

Waste of money.

Just so you can know my hair type better, I started dying my hair when I was 13 ( very young I know! ) and the first colour I ever had it was a light blonde, I then decided to go darker, it started off as a light brown and eventually it was black, I had it black for about 3 years before I decided to take action, I went to the hairdressers who turned it blonde-ginger, I wasn't happy so I ended up dying it back a light brown, then I dyed it again with a dark brown and had my hair a very dark brown for a few months, in between those few months I stripped my hair about 4 times to try and get blonde, each time I returned back dark.

Now after that long story I will get on with it! I needed something to take away the colour from my hair but without damaging it, using so much bleach had left my hair dry and thin and very straw like.
        I went onto the Boots website and seen Colour b4, it sounded just what I needed, it stripped the colour from hair without using bleach, so hair is nowhere near as damaged.

After reading about 100 reviews online I went out to Boots to buy it, I payed *PRICE* £12.99 for mine although it can be bought cheaper on Ebay but I really couldn't be bothered waiting a few days.

*APPEARANCE* I decided to get the Extra Strength one which comes in a grey box with a picture of a blonde woman on the front, in the top corner in a bright pink square was the EXTRA STRENGTH and down below in a grey strip is the Colour B4 logo.
        The box itself I thought looked a bit cheap for £12.99 but it didn't bother me, I guess I was paying for the products.
        Inside the box is an Activator, a remover and a buffer, they come in different bottles.
        The remover comes in your standard nozzle applicator bottle, the activator comes in a smaller bottle which you put into the nozzle bottle and the other bottle is to be used on its own to help wash out colour.
        In the box you also get instructions and a pair of gloves.

I read the instructions and I have to be honest I was quite disappointed, even though they make it appear like they can remove a lot of colour from your hair, even permanent when I read the instructions I know it had something about permanent dark colours might not even come out, if you straighten/dry your hair Colour b4 wont work as good because you have 'trapped' the colour into your hair and also you can not dye your hair for 4 weeks after using it! So I would have to walk around like a ginger! I still thought I would give it a shot anyway to see if it would work for me.

I put on an old t shirt which helps to prevent stains and brushed through my hair to get rid of any knots/tangles, the instructions say to use on dry hair and put on the gloves..what a crap pair of gloves, they are so cheap! They felt like paper and they were too big for me but somehow I managed to make a huge hole in the thumb! I decided to put on a pair of my Superdrug gloves which are 100x better.

I mixed the remover and activator together..which smelled very nice and fruity at first! And then started to apply to my hair, after a few minutes the fruityness disappeared and the smell was horrible, but bearable! When my boyfriend came back he was a bit shocked and thought I had been too the toilet! Sorry if too much information, but the smell was like rotten eggs and stinky farts!

The consistency is good, not too thick and not too runny, I found though as applying it it felt quite drying on my hair and it was harder to put the nozzle through my hair cos of how the mixture was making it feel, so I just decided to apply with my hands instead.

The whole bottle did my whole head and I left it in for an hour checking it every 20 minutes to see if it was breaking/snapping and then washed it out, this is the most boring part of it!
        I stayed in the shower for half an hour, reason being you have to rinse your hair for 10 minutes straight, then you apply some of the buffer ( which smells nice! ) massage into your hair and leave for 2 minutes, then rinse again for 10 minutes, then apply the buffer again, then rinse again for another 10 minutes, it was a long and boring process but the buffer is too make sure that no colour is left behind.

I got out of the shower and checked my hair out in the shower, I noticed a slight difference so I was a little bit happy cos I knew it would look brighter when dried, but then I dried it and I was a bit upset cos the colour was still quite dark, a TINY bit lighter, it was such a little difference and I was quite upset about wasting £12.99! And my hair still smelt like eggs, wasn't nice! I have to be honest though the Colour b4 did no damage what so ever to my hair so I was happy that I had gone through that and came out okay even if the results I wanted was not there.

I ended up bleaching my hair a few days later ( even though it says not too! ) and I got my hair to a light brown which I am quite happy with! I am letting it settle for a few weeks and then putting through some blonde highlights! And the bleach didn't seem to do a lot of damage to my hair like the last few times, whether this has anything to do with Colour b4 I have no idea.

I hope my review helped you in some way!
        Sorry its so long!

12.09.2011 22:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not the best product.

Being a huge make up fan I was delighted when my OH aunt walked through the door with a box of make up and offered it to me, of course I didn't refuse and was soon upstairs rumaging through all the make up, I was shocked to see that most of it was very expensive, Clinique, Dermalogica, Clarins! Estee Lauder..I couldn't wait to try out everything because I know that with some products you really do get what you pay for.

After looking around online I can see the price varies quite a bit, from around £15.00 - £25.00, so have a good look around online if your thinking about purchasing. Well my opinion on the price is actually okay because with a face peel you do not use it everyday as it will wreck your skin likely, so I know this would last a good while and is worth it. In the bottle you get 40ml.

The appearance is like the other Clarins products, sleek and simple.
          It is triangle like shaped and stands on its lid, mostly the bottle is white. It has the usual little gold rim just above the lid, spread over the bottle is the Clarins logo and lots more information, mostly wrote in red.
          I like the appearance, out of all their products the white and gold bottles are probably my favourite, they are very understated yet look expensive.

The claims? The face peel is recommended for sensitive skin. It is an absorbent cream exfoliator with a filmogenic texture, without microbeads, which gently lifts impurities and dead surface skin cells and refines skin texture. Leaves skin soft, smooth and radiant.

I have never used a peel on my face before so was quite scared, I was lucky the product still had not had its seal broken and I was the first to use it! I am one lucky girl.
          So to use you simply squeeze it out and exfoliate with light stroking movements and work from the middle of your face going outwards. Afterwards rinse with warm water and follow with the toner ( I dont have this but there was no harm in using it anyway. )

The bottle was comfortable in my hand. I found the cream was quite hard to squeeze out and I really had to put a lot of pressure on to the bottle as I found it quite thick, I am quite weak though and seem to struggle squeezing a lot of things so maybe this was my problem! I was surprised when I began to rub it into my face and noticed there wasn't any rough or grainy bits inside, as it did say it exfoliates and usually with an exfoliator there is hard bits in which help remove the dead skin cells more.
          Because the cream is so thick you really have to kind of push it into your face and put a firm grip on your face to kind of smother it around, because of this the next few times I used it I used it in sections: put a little on my left cheek, rub it in..repeat with right cheek ect and found this worked better.
          The more I worked it into my skin the more it turned into a face peel and started to look like huge chunks of dry skin falling off my face, not attractive in the slightest but oh well hopefully underneath there was a radiant face awaiting me!
          After I had massaged it in fully, I took of the rest of the face peel which already had not fallen off and was quite pleased with the results, my face looked a lot more brighter and less tired, it was also extremely soft.

The next day I woke up and to my horror my face had gone quite red around my nose and my nose has tons of dry flakes around it, it was also quite sore to touch and I couldn't go out for the day as my make up wouldn't apply as per usual and I also just found it way to sensitive too touch.
          After my face had rested I tried out the face peel again but the same thing happened the next morning.

Great first results, if only they had stayed that way.

12.09.2011 22:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Essential.

In recent times I have really become a clean freak, dont get me wrong I have always been very clean in general but usually I would stroke and pet my parents dogs, pick up random things ( not like poop or anything! ) and then I seen a programme about how easy it is too catch an infection from simple things just like that, and how stroking your dog can result in blindness in your eyes, if you itch them lets just say if your hands are not clean. I know I sound so obsessive and weird but it just made me realise, and 2 seconds at the sink is not wasting my life really is it?

The lovely hand wash comes in at a great price, around £2.00-3.00 for a good 500ml of product. I really think its great and there is no excuse not to purchase it when its so cheap.

The handwash comes in a thick plastic square like curved bottle which is transparent. Over the front is the Carex logo and some more useful information on the product, on the back is also more information. The bottle has a nice pump dispenser which is easy too use and underneath is a little blue rim, you can also unscrew this, say if you would like to refill with something else afterwards.

The claims, expertly developed to kill 99.9% of bacteria, Carex Bacteria Protect gives you superior yet gentle protection for your hands. Some hand washes can take up to 5 minutes to kill bacteria, improved Carex now works 3x faster than our previous formulation to kill bacteria in just seconds, thanks to our improved faster acting formulation. ( Took from Carex website. )

This would stand out to anyone really who is a hygienic person and is understandable why Carex is such a popular product.

The pump is easy to use, although the first time you will have to unscrew, and then you will have to push it a good bit until it actually comes out. The product is quite thick and has a nice clean smell about it, its fresh and has a subtle hint of floral too it. I use 2 pumps of the product and massage it into my hands which doesn't take long and it produces a lovely thick lather which smells even better the more it is massaged in. The product washes from my hands easily and leaves them smelling fresh and clean and also removes every odour, whether its from the dogs after they have been outside, or after chopping garlic. My hands also feel soft and moisturised so no complaining there either.

An essential for every household.

12.09.2011 22:04

Advantages

Disadvantages

I likes it but wouldn't buy it myself as other products have worked just as well.

The RRP retail price of this is £37.00 I can see after a nosey online, you get 473ml of product, its very expensive in my opinion for a skin cream which is basically just a moisturiser. I would recommend looking around online as I seen it for quite low prices!

The appearance, like most of their other products is once again very nice and simple.
              It actually looks quite similar to one I was prescribed my doctor, except the bottles white!
              Its quite a rounded shape and stands on its bottom, like I said its white opaque in colour and has the Dermalogica logo down the side of it in a deep blue colour, it has a white pump with a thick blue rim underneath that which matches the bottle.
              Over the rest of the bottle is some more information you may find useful.
              Overall, I like the design and nothing I could say which is bad.

What are the claims? Dermalogica Ultra Rich Body Cream is an ultra-rich, long-lasting body cream designed to help heal and relieve extra dry skin. This unique liquefying formula is also ideal for all-over, deeply-moisturising body massages. Fortified with Dermalogica's Environmental Protection Complex of Glycolipids and Vitamin E to help restore and enhance the barrier function of skin, reducing moisture loss while combating free radical damage. Hyaluronic Acid and Evening Primrose Oil, a concentrated source of skin-smoothing Linoleic Acid, quenches and reconditions thirsty skin while Panthenol aids in cellular repair. *TOOK FROM PURE-BEAUTY WEBSITE*

This really appealed to me, because I do suffer from eczema on my upper arms so having a cream what works is a lovely thing as sometimes wearing clothes which show my arms can be a confidence knocker as my arms go quite funny with fake tan, and look all patchy! not a good look.

As with most moisturisers I usually use after a shower/bath because I just find that works better for me, and I am sure for other people too. There was around 250ml left in the bottle.
              I found the cream had no scent to it, it was a plain white colour and was quite rich and heavy feeling, it did feel very greasy considering it was not meant to be greasy. The cream was easy to apply to my skin and I was told to take my time massaging it into the areas which needed it most, so I took a good 5 minutes massaging it in, I did notice that the cream did still feel very greasy on my skin even after around 5 minutes which wasn't good in the slightest as it just makes me feel unclean and all sticky, then I usually get to hot and sweaty! not good.
              After being applied it took about 15 minutes until it dried completely into my skin, and I have to admit my skin didn't feel greasy any more, and my eczema was a lot more easy on the eyes, I noticed after I applied my fake tan too the patches were not as bad. I used this everyday combined with a body scrub I had received to and I have to be honest my eczema disappeared while I was in use of this.
              I used this on my face too but it broke me out even more than I am so I stopped!

Over all, I would recommend for those who are rich, have very dry skin and need a bit of a boost to make them feel better about it and just want a expensive product.
              I wouldn't buy it myself as it broke me out on my face and the one I was prescribed by my doctor was nearly just as good when used with my Champneys body scrub so..