colpol

• Comments

Member since: 13.03.2011

• Taxis in London / Transport National / 10 Readings / 5 Ratings
      29.08.2014 22:18

Advantages

• "Please help"

Disadvantages

• "Please help"

I'm gaining access to peoples profiles on DooYoo and having issues. DooYoo won't reply.

Hello

I'm really sorry for putting this here, but I'm having issues with DooYoo and I've messaged them on Twitter for the last couple of days but I've just been ignored.

I'm gaining access to random profiles. I've come onto this website for the last few days and been logged into random peoples accounts where I'm able to gain access to all of their private information, I could even be cashing out if I'd like to ( I wouldn't do that by the way, just an example of what is happening! ) I can edit their reviews and change their profile pictures because the options are all available to me. I've told DooYoo this on Twitter but they haven't bothered to message me back even though they've been online. This is a SERIOUS issue and very worrying and I'm frustrated that I'm being ignored.

I can't contact DooYoo by email, as whenever I try to put in my details in the contact section I'm being told my email address is invalid and it will not let me send.

I'm having major issues with the website. I can't click onto other peoples profiles, I can't comment or rate other peoples reviews as it tells me I need to log in even though I already am.

Please could somebody pass this message onto DooYoo and ask them to contact me at beautyadoration@live.com

Again, I'm really sorry for shoving this here but I'm appaled that I haven't received a reply from their Twitter page when such a serious issue ( gaining access to DooYooers accounts ) is happening.

Is anybody else having issues or is it just me? I've tried using different browsers but I'm not having any change.

29.08.2014 03:06

Advantages

• "Really helps with wetness/odours"
        • "Life changing"
        • Affordable
        • "Fresh scent "
        • "Long lasting"
        • "Dry finish"
        • "This product works"

Disadvantages

A life changing anti-perspirant that will forever be by my side.

I feel a little embarrassed writing this, but ever since I hit puberty I've really struggled with my underarms getting very sweaty. I've tried around 50 deodorants/anti-perspirants over the years, but never found anything that worked like I needed it to and kept my underarms dry and fresh. That was until a couple of years ago when I decided to pick up Mitchum Roll On in Powder Fresh.

I know it may seem a little crazy to describe this product as life changing, but for me this is exactly what it has been. I used to feel very self concious because most days sweatmarks would show up on my clothes, I could smell myself and feel the moisture and I'd be so frustrated because nothing would work for me for more than an hour. But then I found this and I promise you, hand on heart, that I haven't worried about my underarms since and have never picked up another deodorant or anti-perspirant.

The packaging is nothing special. A simple mint green plastic 100ml bottle with a plastic lid and a roll on applicator. The design is simple, just text and the brand logo. It definitely isn't something that stands out, but if you read my review you'll see that it is worth trying out and stands out for all the right reasons.

I only have to use this product once a day. When I get out of the shower, I'll quickly roll this under my arms. For the first 60 seconds after application, it feels quite wet but this quickly goes away and I'm left with a completely dry underarm with a powder fresh scent.

I can be sitting on a beach, I can be in the middle of an intense exercise session but I just feel very clean and don't feel like I have to worry about the sweat coming through my clothes or feel uncomfortable at the thought of that damp feeling under my arm. My underarms are just always fresh, completely dry and soft. I suffer from severe anxiety, which as you can imagine can make you sweat a lot, and even if I'm in the middle of a panic attack, I'm not even thinking about whether I'm sweating whereas in the past if this happened, the sweating would be another thing racing through my mind making me feel even more anxious.

I can't even begin to explain the difference Mitchum has made to me. I remember what my thoughts used to be like, everyday it was "Can people smell me?" "Is there sweat showing through my clothes?!" "I feel so embarrassed" "I need to spray deodorant!" but these thoughts never happen now. Mitchum Roll On is a miracle product.

The texture of the anti-perspirant is quite thin. The roll on applicator is smooth and comfortable and I have no irritation when applying this product. Apparently this contains anti-bacterial protection which is a bonus and claims to last 48 hours. I shower each day, so I can't verify that claim but it definitely lasts between showers and doesn't wear off. The longevity is incredible.

Priced at only £2.89 it is a product that is very affordable and very effective. I've tried other versions of Mitchum Powder Fresh ( stick and spray ) but they don't work for me like the roll on does.

If you have trouble with your underarms then PLEASE pick this up and give it a try. I'm not going to promise it will work for you, because different things work for different people but honestly, this has made such a difference to my life and the way I feel about my underarms.

29.08.2014 02:40

Advantages

• "Beautiful bottle design"
          • Affordable
          • " mature scent"
          • "A casual"

Disadvantages

• "Not a mind blowing scent"
          • "Doesn't last long"
          • Weak

A soft, mature berry & spicy scent

I love Katy Perry. I think she is a very attractive and likeable person and whenever she releases a perfume, I get very excited and start saving up so I can add it to my collection.

I was lucky enough to recieve a gift set which included Killer Queen Eau De Parfum.

The perfume comes in a glass bottle which is shaped like a diamond ruby. The bottle is red in colour with an ombre effect where the bottle gets lighter at the bottom and darker towards the top. There is a gold lid with some royal-like detailing. The bottle is very sturdy and heavy and high quality. I love when perfumes have quirky bottles as I think it adds a special touch and of course, is very appealing to the eye.

The perfume comes in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml bottles and you can also buy gift sets which include body lotion.

The price of a bottle depends on the size, but generally tends to be around £15.00 - £40.00. I'd recommend having a good look around if you're thinking of purchasing as the perfume retails at a reasonable price in most places and can usually be found at a low price.

I do like this perfume, but I wouldn't say it is one worth repurchasing. The perfume is described as a fruity perfume with top notes of berry, plum, and bergamot accords. Some of the other notes are celosia, a velvety red flower, jasmine, cashmere and a few more.

The perfume for me has a warm feel and is quite a pleasant scent. A little exotic and fruity with a hint of spice. For me I don't think it is an everyday, all year round kind of scent. Obviously it is up to you when you wear it but I much prefer the smell of it in the colder months rather than in the warmer ones. The scent isn't very strong and doesn't seem to catch peoples attention. I think the scent is only really noticeable to yourself. The scent has a lot of notes in, but to me the ones that stand out are the patchouli and berry.

The lasting power is around 2 hours, and then on my skin the smell has worn off completely.

A warm and spicy, fruity soft scent. I don't mind this and it has been nice to have and try, and I do still use it. But it definitely isn't mind blowing and I wouldn't repurchase. I've been left feeling a little deflated by it and don't have much enthusiasm when it comes to reviewing it.

I'd recommend this perfume if you like mature, soft and fruity/spicy scents and don't like your scent to be long lasting and overpowering.

28.08.2014 02:59

Advantages

Disadvantages

A simple, effective face mask if you're on a budget!

My skin is extremely oily and dry around my t-zone and acne prone. I thought I would put this information in first as it may help you decide whether this product is right for you.

I picked this up because the price was great and I was recommended it by a friend. For £2.99 you get a small 50ml bottle which doesn't seem like a lot, but a little goes a long way and I would say you could get around 30 uses out of this bottle which isn't bad at all.

The Tea Tree and Witch Hazel face mask contains anti-bacterial Tea Tree Oil and skin calming Witch Hazel. These ingredients put into a face mask help to keep your skin clear and healthy by grabbing dirt and lifting it out of your pores, removing blackheads and tightening pores to prevent future breakouts.

To use the face mask is simple. Apply a 1mm layer over a dry face and make sure you avoid the eye area. After 10-15 minutes the mask will be dry and you can then peel the mask from your face.

My overall impression of this face mask is very good. The mask comes in a clear plastic bottle with a simple design. There is a flip top lid and to dispense the product you simply give the bottle a squeeze.

The texture is very gloopy and thick, which can make the mask a little difficult to work with. The mask is a clear gel and has a fresh, clean scent which isn't too strong.

I usually use a small tablespoon amount and this covers my whole face. Of course if you like, you can use less, but I find a tablespoon feels best on my skin and isn't too thin of a mask.

For the first few minutes while on your skin, the mask feels very wet, heavy and sticky. I'd recommend tying your hair back because it will stick to your face and you will end up with very knotty and greasy feeling hair. I'd also recommend avoiding the eyebrow area as the mask will pull off your eyebrows if you peel it away from there. Sadly, I learned this the hard way.

After around 5 minutes the mask begins to feel tight on my face and I can feel the product sinking into my skin and drying. I usually will leave the mask on for 20 minutes because by that stage, it is 100% dry and ready to peel off.

I love peeling the mask off and I can honestly say that I can feel my skin being cleaned and can feel the dirt being pulled away. The mask is very easy to remove and usually comes off all in one. I have very sensitive skin and I find that there is no irritation at all while the mask is on my face and when the mask is being peeled away. I find it very soothing and calming.

I have a lot of dry skin around my nose and this makes a huge difference in removing it. I'm usually left flakeless after using the mask and that is probably my favourite thing about it as it is a safe way of removing dry skin without doing damage to your skin. My skin is very red, but after the mask has come off my face looks a lot calmer and the redness isn't too bad, my skin has a nice glow to it. Sadly the results don't last too long, after a few hours my red face comes back and 1-2 days later my dry skin shows up. But the mask is still a very nice treat to have nontheless.

I find that the mask doesn't make much difference when it comes to my oily face and my skin is still breaking out all the time. But I can highly recommend it for removing dry skin and giving your skin a boost once a week.

I will buy another bottle when I run out because I do enjoy using it. I know there are probably much better face mask on the shelves, but for now this affordable one keeps me satisfied and makes a great pampering treat.

Please note you may find a similar review on my blog: www.beautyadoration.wordpress.com

28.08.2014 02:27

Advantages

• "Lots of different fragrances to choose from"
          • "Adds a luxurious feel to your everyday shower"
          • "Leaves skin feeling very soft"
          • "Can also be used as shaving cream"
          • "40 showers per can"

Disadvantages

• "A little on the pricey side for Imperial Leather"

A soft and creamy foamy heaven!

I've never heard of Foamburst before. To be honest, it has only caught my eye in the last few months because I've seen it popping up all over social media and I've heard people raving about how great it is.

The price for a can of Foamburst is £3.15 which is a little on the pricey side for Imperial Leather since personally, they have never really been a brand that have stood out and amazed me. But luckily Boots had a great offer on which was 2 cans of Foamburst for £4.00 and before I knew it I had put two into my basket.

I decided to go for the Honey and Almond body wash and Rebalancing Green Tea and Jasmine body wash as most of the other fragrances which I loved the sound of were out of stock.

I’m currently using the Green Tea and Jasmine Foamburst so my review will be based on my experience with this particular one.

Unlike the typical plastic body wash containers you would usually see, Foamburst comes in a sleek and smooth black can which holds 200ml of product. These cans are shaped perfectly with a slight curve in the middle so you can get a good grip on them even with wet hands whilst you’re showering.

The can has an aerosol type top which you simply press down on to release the product. Oh my god, this was so much fun to try out for the first time. One spray releases a clear and firm gel which after a few seconds turns into a fluffy and light ball of foam. You then massage it into damp skin and it feels incredible. The foam thickens up and distributes over my skin extremely well. A little of this product goes a very long way and you’re left with a soft and creamy foamy heaven that really leaves you feeling squeaky clean and adds a touch of luxury to your everyday shower.

The only thing that disappointed me with this product, was the fragrance. There wasn't much of a smell when using this particular one, just a slight hint of jasmine but that was all I could smell. I think this could just be because green tea and jasmine are quite delicate fragrances, so maybe my experience with other Foamburst will be better if I opt for a stronger and bolder fragrance.

Overall, I’m extremely pleased with my purchase. And I definitley think Foamburst will be a regular item in my shower routine.

27.08.2014 15:09

Advantages

• "Matte without drying lips"
            • Opaque
            • "Long lasting"
            • "High quality finish"
            • Afforable

Disadvantages

An affordable natural lipstick worth investing in

Good afternoon everybody!

I own a few of the matte lipsticks by Kate Moss for Rimmel but shade 101 is by far my favourite colour. A light, dusky and smooth soft pink which is natural enough to wear during the day without being too in your face but striking enough to catch peoples attention.

The pigmentation in 101 is incredible. One swatch delivers an opaque and velvety finish and from here onwards you can continue to build up the colour for a more intense pink without the lipstick becoming cakey or dry on your lips.

I wouldn't say the lipstick is completely matte, probably more semi matte as there is a little glow after applying but this doesn't take away from the beauty of the lipstick.

I can happily wear this lipstick for 3 or so hours before it wears off, so longevity isn't too bad for the price. I find that the lipstick tends to fade from my lips instead of going all uneven and blotchy like others have done in the past which is great because you’re not left with a strange unattractive lip look.

The price of these lipsticks are around £5.49 each and while they are certainly not cheap, they are affordable and are worth every penny because they deliver such a delightful finish.

Overall, I would highly recommend these to all you beauty lovers. Especially if you’re a lipstick junkie.

Please note you may also find this review on my blog -http://beautyadoration.wordpress.com

08.11.2012 02:03

Advantages

Disadvantages

I wouldn't buy again.

So luckily for me I picked this little lipstick up for £1.50 from eBay as nobody had bidded on it, it was brand new and sealed and sold from a lady who stocks Avon, the average price of this lipstick is around £3.50 and is only available online or through the Avon catalogue.

The packaging is very simple and nothing special, its a black plastic tube with a purple/pink dotted pattern and a clear plastic case to protect the lipstick. The lipstick is the usual twist up style and if you would like to know the shade name of your lipstick its printed on the bottom.

Since I have bought this lipstick, Avon have updated the packaging. The new packaging is very different, a lot more modern and interesting and they have also renamed the colours.

The colour which I have is Pink Sunrise which in the new shades is named Pink Holiday. The colour is a lightish pink mixed with a dark nude which is a very natural colour and great for most skin colours to pull off.

WHAT DOES AVON SAY ABOUT COLOR TREND KISS N GO LIPSTICK?
            Treat your lips to a rich and creamy lipstick in hot stay-true colours that last for hours. SPF15.

WHAT DO I THINK OF THIS LIPSTICK?
            I really wouldn't say this lipstick is creamy or rich, infact I think its very sheer and light and you need a good few coats for it to start looking rich and opaque on your lips.
            I would describe it as more of a tinted lipbalm rather than an actual lipstick, its moisturising on your lips and leaves a slight sheen and a hint of colour, you're still able to see your own lip colour underneath which actually makes this lipstick seem really natural.
            It has a lovely fruity scent to it and a slight taste which I find pleasant, but if you don't like scented/flavoured lip products then I would avoid this as although its not very strong it is noticeable.
            I find the lipstick needs topping up every hour or so to keep your lips looking moisturised with a hint of colour, if not I find the lipstick comes off on its own very easily so make sure you keep this in your bag.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN?
            Although I only payed £1.50 for this I don't think I will be repurchasing as it doesn't give me the results which I want, if you want something which is a good price, cheap and natural then this would be good for you.

Thank you for reading and hope my review was of some help.

• Sunsilk Sun In / Hair Care / 16 Readings / 16 Ratings
            30.09.2012 03:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

I would use again.

Over the last few months I have been an angel with my hair, I just haven't touched it at all with any kind of dyes, I have gone from a dark brown to a light brown in just 3 months, yay!

Anyway, with Christmas coming up I decided I wanted blonde highlights BUT I did not want to put my hair through the whole process of bleaching again as its just very harsh on my poor hair, so instead I picked up this spray which lightens your hair gradually as it contains some bleach ( amongst other things. ) and you use this twice a week on your hair wherever you want it lightened and obviously, it is a lot better than just chucking a big load of bleach on there!

I picked up mine in Superdrug and the price was around £3.00 which is pretty good value considering you get 150ml and it promises to lighten up your hair without doing as much damage as bleach ( IF USED CORRECTLY. )

So, I have had this around 2/3 weeks now and have been using it about 4 times a week ( oops, my bad. ) and have noticed a difference already in some parts of my hair, it has gone a lot lighter and quite brassy ( due to the bleach, normal if your hair currently has dye on. ) which is what I wanted as I can now put an ash blonde hair dye over the brassyness.

Now like I said Sun In contains bleach which is what lightens the hair, as far as damage is concerned, I haven't noticed much to be honest until this week, it has become quite split but nothing a good hair oil wont hide! I decided to just put away the rest ( I would say I have about 70ml left, so can easily use another time. ) as I didn't want to damage my hair further.

You can get lots of different results with this spray, if you want a highlighted look then simply spray and brush through, or if you want the ombre look apply to the ends of your hair! Or if you just want a lightened look, spray all over and dry BUT do remember this CAN and WILL damage your hair if you use it to much, you really don't need much so try not to coat your hair in it, just a few sprays!

Also, it isn't recommended for very dark brown to black hair, so I would advise trying something else, if you have a light natural hair colour this would be perfect for you if you want a hint of lightness added to your hair.

I would really recommend but like I said, follow the instructions properly.

• Shu Uemura Essence Absolue / Hair Care / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
            30.09.2012 03:23

Advantages

Disadvantages

I would buy again if I could afford it

I won this in a competiton back in June and ever since I have had this I have noticed a huge difference in my hair, the damage isn't as noticeable anymore and my ends look a lot less split.

I usually use this after styling my hair, although you can use before shampooing and as a hair masque to leave in overnight, I have not tried this yet but I will be doing soon!

The oil feels really light on your hands, and has such a different fragrance to the usual 'hair' things, its quite like a barbie doll if that makes sense? Do you remember getting the barbie dolls when they were new in the box and they smelled amazing! Or was that just me?!

I usually rub the oil between my palms and smooth it all over the mid length to bottom of my hair, it makes my hair incredibly soft and adds a gorgeous shine and just finishes off the look. Its great because it doesn't weigh down your hair and make it feel greasy like I have noticed some hair oils seem to do.

This is the best thing I have ever used on my hair ( and most expensive! ) A 150ml bottle cost around 40-50 pounds and I feel great to have won it, I see this lasting quite a long time and like I said, a huge difference in my dry hair already after only a week! Its worth the price tag and if you want something to make your hair feel like a SUPERSTAR then this is it =p

• Carmex Cherry Flavoured Lip Balm / Lip Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
            30.09.2012 03:19

Advantages

Disadvantages

Would recommend!

I suffer from dry lips and have tried numerous lip balms, none of them were ones I felt I could stick with but then I tried out this one by Carmex.

If you hate cherries, I would advise against this as its VERY fruity and has quite a strong taste and smell of cherry, which luckily I adore!

Its quite a small pot but it seems to have lasted me ages, I have had it around a year!
            The balm is red in colour although it applies clear and it has one of the best textures I have seen in a balm, very smooth and quite thick and it works itself into your lips very well, you end up with soft lips that don't feel heavy, they feel light and moisturised and this last for a few hours, doesn't seem to transfer so you don't need to keep topping up every hour or so.

As for helping my lips feel better and more looked after, this really ticks all of the boxes, my lips have never looked better and the little pot is great if you're on a budget and very easy to carry around with you.

Would I recommend? I would indeed!

• Aussie Moist Shampoo / Hair Care / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
            30.09.2012 03:11

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wouldn't recommend.

I am quite a big fan of the Aussie brand and have used quite a lot from there collection, after bleaching my hair it was incredibly dry and I was advised to get a shampoo to help put some moisture back into my hair, having used Aussie before I decided to pick this one up as it was exactly what my hair needed.

I waited until after my hair had settled and got back into good condition before using, as it was too fragile to mess with..a few months later I started using this and like Aussies other products the smell is lovely, probably one of the nicest things about Aussie, it reminds me of bubblegum! BUT it was terribly drying to my hair, it made my hair incredibly knotty and uncomfortable, it was very hard to work into the hair and didn't help improve my hair at all, I used the Moist conditioner afterwards hoping for better results but I found that quite drying too.

I really wouldn't recommend this shampoo, it promises you healthy, shiny, soft looking hair..but I found it made me hair very dry and very difficult to work with.

• 2True Cheek N Lip Tint / Make Up / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
            30.09.2012 03:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wouldn't recommend.

I am quite new to the world of lip stains and this is the first one I have used, cant say I am to impressed though and glad its so cheap, otherwise I would of felt like money was wasted.

I chose this shade because the dark red one looked very very dark and gothic, not great for my skin tone!
            The smell isn't nice at all, its like poster paint which you used to get in school, the bottle is also kind of stupid, its like a nail polish pot ( I did think it was nail polish first if I am being honest. )

The texture is not a bad consistency, its kind of runny thick and you only need a tiny amount to use on your lips, I usually just use the brush and dab on then use my fingers to massage into my lips.
            Once the colour is blended in its not great, a tiny bit lighter than usual and not as pink as you would expect, it also comes off very easily and feels drying on my lips.

I wouldn't recommend this even if it only £1.99

ALSO can I just add I haven't used this on my cheeks as I only wanted it for my lips, so I can not pass comment on that.

THIS REVIEW CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON MY BLOG AND SHESAIDBEAUTY.

16.05.2012 16:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not one of her best fragrances.

This perfume has been around for quite a few years but strangely, although I am a huge fan of Britney Spears fragrances I never got round to smelling it! Luckily my auntie decided to buy me a bottle as gift which I was very pleased about and now I can share my feelings on the fragrance with you.

The fragrance Curious can be purchased in most places which stock perfume, its price varies depending on what size bottle you go for, looking around online I can see bottle sizes range from 15ml up to 100ml and prices are very reasonable, around £20.00 for 100ml which is a lot of perfume.

I quite like the design of the bottle, and because of its size its also rather comfortable in my hand whilst I am using it.
            I would say its shaped like a diamond, the colour is quite a bold ice blue which goes nicely with the charms that are wrapped around the nozzle, two pink hearts.
            The box it comes in is in my opinion, even more attractive than the bottle its self, its fun and girly and quite energetic! The main colours are black, pink and blue. The design also consist of some swirls and in the middle of each side is the Britney spears logo for Curious with a blue/pink background.

Now onto the smell of the perfume, its meant to be quite a young, bright and lively fruity/floral smell with the main smell being white flowers, vanilla, pear and magnolia..also some hints of musk.

Spraying the perfume onto my skin I got a hint of flowers more than anything, I found it very florally but its also quite sweet smelling too..but not so much it makes you feel over whelmed like some other fragrances by Britney Spears.
            Because of the smell of this perfume I really think anybody of any age could wear this perfume, its very light, fresh and innocent..quite a natural everyday perfume and although this fragrance was meant to be quite musky I didn't really get one hint of this whilst wearing it, which for me is a bonus because I am not a huge fan of muskiness anyway.

After a few minutes the power of the perfume starts to fade, so you ( and also people around you! ) can not really notice it much anymore ( yes, I asked people around me if they could smell it as I walked past/being close to me ect..and nobody could tell I was wearing anything unless they got quite close. ) Since the power of the perfume isn't very strong, its instantly not something I am really loving..although I cant fault it for lasting all day on my skin, but then again what use is this when its only you that can smell it and you have to basically have your wrist against your nose!

This perfume is fine but I personally wouldn't spend my own money on it in the future.
            Also, I still do wear it, but its more the type of perfume you wear just because you want a perfume on which I am sure you ladies will understand.

As a big fan of her fragrances, this is not one of Britney's best unfortunately.

Hope my review was of some help to you!

04.02.2012 19:07

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wouldn't buy unless on a budget.

I ran out of nail polish remover a few months ago and living on an extremely tight budget I had to go for the lowest priced nail polish remover I could find..this is where Wilkinson's own brand came in!

-PRICE-

My other half picked this up for me, he cant remember the price! And they dont seem to have it on their website but I can promise you its not over a pound, so its quite nicely priced for 250ml of it.

-APPEARANCE-

I like the appearance, its even a lot nicer than the more expensive one I was using before! Even though you get 250ml, it still manages to look quite petite! It has a tiny black screw off lid and the bottle is clear and tinted a very light pink with a light pinky/purple liquid inside!
            It is also decorated quite nicely, light shades of pink and white telling me the information I need to know, instructions and ingredients ect..are printed on the back in black writing.

I couldn't knock the appearance for the price, its a lot prettier than other ones which are more expensive.

-USE OF PRODUCT-

Unlike most other nail polishes, the lid on this is a lot better, you know the hole bit where it comes out? ( sorry, only way I can explain it! ) instead after you screw off the lid its more of a pierced top so the liquid doesn't come out to quickly which makes it great if your quite clumsy and accident prone like myself!

To use, simply put onto a piece of cotton ball or pad and rub the nail polish from your hand, it says for best results to use a fresh piece of cotton each time.

I dont find the smell of this is to overwhelming, sometimes my eyes water and my other half has to leave the room because its so strong but this is a lot less stronger than usual ones..dont get me wrong, it still has a horrible chemical smell buts its not too strong!

As far as removing nail polish goes I wouldn't say this is great, its okay! It takes a good bit of rubbing and scrubbing to remove nail polish from your fingers but you get there eventually.
            It also doesn't benefit my nails in any way like other brands tend to, I wouldn't say its nice for conditioning your nails!

For the price you cant complain I guess, it does do what it says on the tin and beggars cant be choosers! It also seems to have lasted me a lot longer than other ones and I think this is because of the pierced bottle making a lot less product come out.

If I had the money, I definitely wouldn't purchase this again as its a lot of effort to remove your nail polish, but whilst on a budget its okay.

04.02.2012 18:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

I like it!

For Christmas I received a fabulous Max Factor gift set and inside was a mini version of Vibrant Lip Curve effect lipgloss!

-PRICE-

You can find this lipgloss everywhere really at the price of £7.99 for 17ml. If you look online on sites like Ebay, you can find it a lot cheaper..so for that reason I would recommend buying online instead..lets just hope they are not fakes!

I think the price of the lipgloss is quite expensive, make up just seems to be ridiculously over priced which sucks when your poor and you love make up!

-APPEARANCE-

This lipgloss isn't really any different to other ones, it comes in a small tube with a black twist off lid.
            The tube is clear so inside you can easily see the colour of the gloss you are getting.
            The part you use to apply to your lips is a good size and has a nice curve to it and is purple in colour.
            Printed on the tube is the Max Factor logo which is wrote in gold, also the name of the product and some information ( contact information ect.. )
            On the bottom of the tube is a sticker with the shade colour on.

I dont really have much to say about the appearance, its just like any other lipgloss really, not great but not bad either.

-USE OF THE PRODUCT-

I have quite full lips so I wouldn't really say this was something I *needed* although I do enjoy having new things. I say needed because this gloss is made to give you fuller looking lips, apparently the gloss hugs all the corners of your mouth which gives a fuller look.

There is a wide range of shades available, just take a look on Max Factors website or Boots own website and the shades are easily laid out so you can find one you like, the shade I have is #5 Bubbly which is a peachy/pink very light nude kind of colour.

The first thing I noticed when using the gloss is the smell, unlike usual glosses which always seem to smell of fruit like strawberries and raspberries..this one kind of has a watermelon smell! Which is a lovely change from the usual!

I wouldn't say this gloss is very dramatic and eye catching, its actually quite natural looking on my lips, with tiny specks of shimmer and although the colour did look quite pink/peachy in the bottle you can only notice a sheer amount of that whilst on your lips.

I think I would of preferred if the colour had come out more like in the tube, but I wouldn't really knock it for that as it does deliver everywhere else..bar the price!

The gloss isn't sticky, doesn't dry up my lips and is very evenly applied due to the wand shape! I dont find I have fuller looking lips when using it but that doesn't bother me because I am okay about my lip shape anyway!

The gloss stays put for a good few hours, its not one of the ones that just seem to disappear after a few seconds of applying it and as I said before, it doesn't dry out my lips so my lips always look healthy and smooth whilst still looking pretty!

I would recommend this if your after a natural looking gloss with a fleck of shimmer and dont mind a sweet tropical smell! If you prefer full coverage, full cover and an eye catching lipgloss then I would avoid this and spend your money somewhere else!

I hope my review was helpful to you and if not please message/leave a comment explaining why and I will happily work on it.

Colpol.