coventry123

User that trust you
    • Jack Wills / Apparel Store / 17 Readings / 14 Ratings
      12.08.2013 21:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

Jack Wills

I have always been a big fan of Jack Wills as I do like designer clothing and this brand in particular is aimed at teenagers/young adults. They are most famous for their hoodies and sweatpants much like American brand Hollister, but they also stock items such as coats, underwear, gilets and even some home ware items. They have several specialized Jack Wills stores and a website. I have had experience with both the store and the website.

First of all the stores are always well stocked, staffed well and organised which is the three main things that a shop should be in my opinion. One of the things I hate is being hounded by staff in shops but at Jack Wills I have never experienced this the staff tend to only ask if they can help if you are hovering around certain items for a long time or unable to decide between a few items. The staff I have found have always been friendly and knowledgeable about their product.

Recently I have used the website to access the sale online. The website I must say is very well laid out it is very easy and clear to navigate around it. I wasn't sceptical about ordering online as I have always received great service in store. The sale was even rearranged well in the website as you could browse by item or by size which is great.

Delivery was £4 which I thought was a little steep given that the prices of Jack Wills items are very expensive but I did receive my items in 2 working days. I ordered 2 pairs of lounge pants which are extremely comfortable, fashionable and the material is very thick and even feels expensive.

Overall I am very impressed with the service and products available at Jack Wills and will definitely be shopping with them again.

12.08.2013 20:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Topshop black ballet pumps

Having recently started a new job in an office I was on the look out for office-wear type things. I chose a few suits and skirts/dresses and then realised that I didn't really have any suitable shoes to wear with them as I usually like to wear shoes such as converse which I didn't think would go down too well in the office! I'll be honest I never look in the shoe department at Topshop as they are usually very expensive so I just happened to see these on the Topshop website and since I was ordering some jewellery anyway I decided to bite the bullet and order them too.

The shoe has a soft, thin sole but this does not affect the over all comfort of the shoe in fact it perhaps makes them even more comfortable as they are flexible and mould to the shape of your foot. The shoe itself is slightly patent, leather-type material which again is very soft and flexible. Around the top of the shoe there is a darker rim which prevents the shoe looking dull and tightens the shoes position on the foot. There is also a small bow on the front - I find that mine keeps coming undone which is annoying but can easily be done up again.

I have had the shoes for about a month now and the only bad point about them is that scuffs show up very easily on the front of the shoe and the leather wears away if you scuff them. So far the sole has managed to hold up and not come away at the front like most ballet pumps do.

These shoes are available in sizes 3-9 from Topshop.co.uk and instore for a price of £20. I think £20 is a little bit on the expensive side for a simple, thin shoe but so far these shoes have been good quality for money and they are very versatile and go well with all of my outfits that I bought for the office.

20.08.2012 19:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

Models own nail polish

With it being summer and with a holiday coming up in the next few weeks I couldn't resist buying this Models Own nail polish in the shade 'fuzzy peach'. I tend to wear bright colours during the summer as they compliment a tan and brighten up any summer outfit. I chose the models own brand in particular as I have tried other colours belonging to this collection and have only had positive things to say about it.

I really like the simple packaging of this product - it is contained in a glass container with a plain white plastic lid. It simply says 'Models Own' on the bottle in bold, white text. The shade of the nail polish can be seen clearly through the opaque glass meaning that the white text really stands out against the bright background.

The applicator, like most other nail polishes, is contained in the lid of the nail polish. I have no problems with the applicator brush. The chunky lid is perfect for gripping on to and the brush itself is small but easily fans out when it comes into connection with the nail meaning that it allows for an easy, even application.

The colour itself should be 'peach' but I find that after a few coats of the nail polish it looks more of a medium orange colour which I really didn't want as I don't particularly want orange nails! The pigment in the colour only really surfaces after three coats which can be quite time consuming as it isn't the fastest drying nail polish taking over two minutes to dry properly.

This nail polish cost me £5 from Boots but I am very disappointed with the colour. It won't put me off buying different colours in this range but I certainly wouldn't recommend this particular shade.

16.08.2012 15:03

Advantages

Disadvantages

Dooyoo earnings

I've been on DooYoo for about a year and have so far redeemed three £50 cheques. This doesn't seem like so much for the amount of time and effort spent on the site but it is money that I wouldn't otherwise of had.

**My first £50 cheque**
        This was spent on MAC and Benefit makeup. These are 2 high end beauty brands that I can't usually afford with my student loan so therefore I was very happy with my purchases. If I remember correctly I bought a foundation, a blusher and a lipstick. Only 3 items for £50 but it is what I wanted so it was £50 well spent in my opinion.

**2nd £50 cheque**
        My second £50 cheque was redeemed at a time when I was moving into my first house at university and therefore I needed loads of stuff. I spent half on a bed cover set and the other half on decorative items. The left over bits were unfortunately spent on boring essentials such as cutlrey sets, glasses sets from Wilkinsons and tea towels!

**3rd £50 cheque**
        My thirs £50 cheque will be spent on a new coat that I've got my eye on from TopShop. I will get student discount on it so I will have about £10 left - this will probably go on a few bits of jewellery that i've got my eye on from Internacionale.

I love reading what other people spend their dooyoo earnings on - everyone seems to spend them in very different ways :)

15.08.2012 21:29

Advantages

Disadvantages

Original source hand wash

**Original source hand wash**
        I was first introduced to the 'original source' brand when I saw a shower gel on offer in my local supermarket and decided to pick it up as a change from my usual avon and other supermarket branded shower gels. It was the price and quirky packaging that drew my attention to this brand. I ended up really enjoying using my original source shower gel so when I saw this hand wash for £1.10 in Tesco I decided to give it a try as I always have handwash in my university house. Plus - original source pride themselves on being fairtrade which is always a bonus.

**Packaging**
        As you can see from the picture above the handwash looks somewhat unique and I really like that about the product. The bottle is slightly triangular and unusual and has the text in all different fonts and colours which looks really cool and modern. The colours are great too - creams/browns/blacks which look great in any bathroom.

**Handwash**
        The handwash is creamy coloured and quite creamy in texture too. I find it to be thicker than other handwashes that I have used in the past but it lathers up so quickly when you rub your hands together and run luke warm water over them. The bubbles are also thick and luxiourious so I really feel like my hands are getting a really good clean.

The smell is worth mentioning alone too - its absolutely fab! It is definitely the best smelling handwash that I have ever come across. As well as smelling fresh and clean it also smells quite sweet but not overwhelmingly so. Even inbetween washes my hands smell great after using this product.

**Effects**
        Due to the effects of the shea butter my hands are left feeling soft and moisturised which is a great bonus as primarily I bought this handwash for it's antibacterial effect.

Overall, I really like this product and fail to find any disadvantages to it - especially when it is on offer!

• Benefit Sun Beam / Sun Care / 40 Readings / 36 Ratings
        14.08.2012 18:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

Benefit sun beam

**What is it?**
        This review is centered upon a fairly new product by Benefit. Benefit describe this product as 'liquid sunshine in a bottle'. It is designed to bring brow and cheek bones to the fore and to add a bronzed glow to the whole face. Benefit is a brand that deals in cosmetics in the higher price brackets, what sets this brand apart, I think, from the other high end products is their quirky packaging and unique product names which tend to appeal to a younger audience. These two aspects, for me, mean that I am not daunted about splashing out the extra money to buy Benefit products because what they are and what they do are written and explained simply on the packaging whereas with other high end brands I normally bypass these products as they aren't very 'user friendly' in that I never know what they are/what they are supposed to do as the product descriptions are complicated!

Primarily, I bought this sun beam liquid sunshine as I had previously tried (and loved) posie tint which is the pink blusher product from Benefit. I didn't buy posie tint but was lucky enough to win it in a raffle so I decided to splash out on the sun beam product to see if it was as good as the posie tint product and as a change to just using pink blusher over the top of my foundation.

**Packaging**
        The sun beam product comes in a gold, shiny box. The graphic on the front is sun beams in a pale yellow colour. The text is big and funky and simply says 'sun beam'. The ingredients and additional information can be found on the reverse of the box. Inside is a small leaflet which shows you how and where to apply the sunbeam product which is really useful for first time users or makeup novices.

The actual product comes in a nail polish type tub with a re-screwable lid. The lid is plastic and white and is water tight meaning that the sun beam product doesnt get contaminated and that the product cannot spill out.

**Applicator**
        To apply this product it comes with a nail polish type brush which is contained in the lid of the product. This is handy as you can get get to the bottom of the tub to get the product out but also it ensures that the applicator doesn't go missing as it's always inside the lid. I really like the small applicator as the product is supposed to be dabbed onto the cheek bones and brow bones in small dots so this applicator is perfect for proportioning the product in said areas. It is also easy to get rid of excess product from the brush which prevents product build up and prevents waste.

**Contents**
        The 'liquid sunshine' is a bronzed orange/brown colour and is just a little more watery than foundation. It has a dewy type look to it and doesn't look that pigmented so at first I was sceptical about the effects that this would have. I tried it on the back of my hand and it just seemed to go shimmery however, on the top of foundation the colour and true effects of this product really come to the fore. There is no particular smell to the product other than the usual cosmetics smell.

**Effects**
        The effects of this product, as I have said, can only really be seen when applied over the top of foundation. When applied, the bronzed colour and shimmeriness of the sun beam liquid is very visible and it doesn't take much to blend it into the areas in which is is being applied. I like the bronzed effect more than the 'definition' effect of this particular product. The definition part is an effect that I didn't really find when using this product which is somewhat disappointing for a high end product.

I prefer this liquid sun rather than using a powder bronzer as the areas which I want the bronzer to be applied can be more easily controlled using this product than using a large applicator brush with a powder bronzer.

**Durability**
        Unlike with other makeup I find myself only applying this once daily with no need for a top up or reapplication. The colour and shimmery effect manages to stay present for hours which means that I don't have to use up all of my product quickly or waste my time reapplying!

**Price and availability**
        This product retails at £18.50 from most good cosmetics stores. I picked mine up from Debenhams makeup counter.

**Overall**
        I do like this product and prefer it to any other bronzer I have used in the past and find that it does last for ages which makes it worth it's high price tag in my opinion.

• Topshop Black Peplum Top / Clothing / 29 Readings / 26 Ratings
          13.08.2012 23:52

Advantages

Disadvantages

Topshop peplum top

If you have read any of my previous reviews you will know that Topshop is my favourite high street store. I don't tend to buy basics like this from Topshop because their prices do tend to be higher than the likes of Primark. This review is of the plain black peplum top. Peplum, for those who don't tend to follow the trends is the name given to the shape and fit of the top. It is very fitted at the top and then from the waist it flares out and is loose fitting. I decided to buy this top as I do like this current trend and I decided that it would go well with jeans for a night at a bar with friends and I thought that I could wear it to restaurants etc in the future.

The straps on this top are slightly thicker than spaghetti straps and just like that of regular vest tops. The material is something that I really rate as it is thicker than some of the cheaper peplum tops that I have seen making it better value and durable. There is a line of material at the waist where the top changes shape and then the frilly peplum gives way from there. The changing shape of the top is very, very flattering. Even though the top is very basic I think it is formal and instantly looks like an effort has been made to dress up and look nice.

I bought this top in a size 8 and the fit is perfect, it has a zip on the back to allow extra room for getting into the top as it is designed to be fitted on the top half. The bottom half is very flattering for skimming over the hips. It is also possible to add a skinny belt onto the waist of this top which I did as it adds a bit of colour and extra shape to the otherwise plain top. Jewellery also helps to jazz up this plain top.

I have washed this top twice and the colour and shape has held up after the whole washing and drying process. The material if you are interested is 95% cotton and 5% elastane. The drying process takes quite a while I found due to the material being quite thick but this wasn't a problem for me.

This top is available in sizes 6-16 and costs just £18. I think I remember seeing this top in different colours but im not 100% sure. Overall, I rate this top 5 stars as I have no complaints so far.

• NYX Round Lipstick / Make Up / 30 Readings / 28 Ratings
          16.07.2012 21:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

NYX round lipstick

**Who are NYX**
          NYX are a fairly new and modern brand of make up. They do not fall within the high end brands like MAC or Clinique but instead are priced alike makeup rivals Rimmel and Max Factor so can therefore be described as middle of the road in terms of price and reputation. If i'm being honest I'm not entirely sure which high street shops stock NYX cosmetics I think that Superdrug might but again I'm not certain. If you are wanting to sample NYX products your best bet is to buy online which can be risky as colours can look different on a computer screen to real life and also the quality and finish can not be tested first hand like it can if your purchase cosmetics from a store.

The NYX round lipstick comes in a black, shiny plastic case which is no different to any other lipstick. It has the NYX logo in white text on the lid and the shade of the lipstick can be found on the top of the product. The bottom of the packaging has a transparent strip at the bottom meaning that the exact shade of lipstick can be seen which is very handy when scouring the shelves as you can see the colours first hand without taking off lids etc. Equally, it can be just as handy if this lipstick is in a makeup bag, if you have more than one NYX lipstick you can easily pick out the one you want.

I purchased this NYX lipstick in 'strawberry milk' shade which looked like a soft, but nevertheless pigmented, pink colour. There are loads of NYX shades from daring purples and reds to softer pinks and peaches so there is sure to be a shade to suit every skin tone and taste.

Applying the lipstick is great due to the very soft texture of the lipstick. The slight glossiness helps the application process, too. I do find that you need to go over the lipstick more than once to get an even finish.

Durability is the aspect that I think the product fails on completely. Drinking and eating is a no-no when wearing this lipstick as it wipes off way too easily and looks messy and uneven

I purchased this lipstick using an Amazon giftcard that I got from a survey site and it cost £5.90 including delivery. I think £5.90 is very expensive for a product that doesn't last longer than an hour at most.

26.06.2012 16:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

Smashbox lip exfoliator

My older sister has a habit of indulging in expensive branded makeup and other beauty products and simply dismissing them after 1 or 2 uses and this product is another one of those costly products cast aside to a very appreciative me! Every 3 months or so she tends to arrive at my house laden with products that she doesn't like, doesn't use or simply didn't suit her. With this smashbox lip exfoliator she donated it to my ever growing draw of alike beauty products because she didn't like the results when using this particular product.

**Who are Smashbox?**
          Smashbox are a relatively new emergence onto the UK market after being initially set up in Los Angeles, America. They are put in the category of 'high end' make up following pursuit of the likes of Bobbi Brown and MAC cosmetics. Their 'high end' status are reflected in their high prices and I can't vouch for quality of all their products but I have heard only positive things about their range and this product gets a thumbs up from me!

**What is this product?**
          This product is a lip exfoliant, which, to a makeup/beauty novice may sound ridiculous but for someone like me, with very dry and cracked lips, it is an absolute god send! Just like a body efoliant, this solution aims to scrub away the dead skin cells to reveal a smooth layer of skin cells making the skin feel soft and smooth. To draw an analogy between the two products skin exfoliant is used pre-fake tan, this is to ensure than the fan isn't applied on top of dead skin cells which will fade quicker than the fake tan applied on top of new, fresh skin and thus will prolong your tan and make it easier to apply an even colour. Lip efoliant is used in the same way and it ensures than lip stick and lipgloss stay on longer and look even when applied. This lip exfoliant also has ingredients (discussed later) which hydrate the lips which is great, especially in cold weather, when lips are prone to crack and become dry.

**Aesthetics**
          This lip exfoliant comes in a tube similar to lipgloss tubes. The tube is transparent meaning the lip exfoliant can be visibly seen through it. It has a plastic, white screw top which is handy as it stops the product from oozing out which could be very messy and also stops things getting into the tube and contaminating the exfoliant. The tube simply has 'smashbox' written on the front of it in white text.

The look of the exfoliant itself is white and is the same viscosity of moisturiser or hand lotion. Where this product differs, however, is the small sugar granules and poppy seeds that are included in it which are the main ingredients which are used to scrub off the dead skin cells. To touch the lotion feels rough and grainy but this is what is needed of an effective exfoliant.

The 'flavour' of this exfoliant is peppermint. This means that the smell is very fresh but not overwhelming and the peppermint scent means that it applies to the older generation as well as younger people as it is not sickly strawberry or candyfloss scented like many other products aimed at teens and young adults. If you happen to taste some of the exfoliant this also tastes of peppermint!

**Application**
          To apply the product I simply put a small amount of product onto two fingers and rub it on my lips. I start off by applying it gently to ensure that the solution covers the whole surface area of my lips. Once it is evenly spread out I move my fingers across my lips as you would do with lip gloss. I apply moderate pressure to ensure that the sugar and poppy seeds can really get to work. I tend to leave the solution on my lips for a few minutes after rubbing, this just allows it to soften the lips even more and I find that I get better results if I leave it on rather than rubbing it straight off.

To remove the exfoliant I tend to use dry tissue and the product is removed straight away so there is no need to use any water.

**Results**
          Before, I found it very difficult to be able to wear lipsticks due to the dryness of my lips. The lipstick always seemed to settle in the dry cracks which looked very unsightly and as if I had had the lipstick on all day and it was wearing off rather than the five minutes that I've really had it on! I also find that my lipstick lasts longer than it did prior to using the lip exfoliant but this is mainly dependent on the quality of lipstick used in the first place.

To touch, straight after application I find that my lips are 100% smoother than they were before. Using a mirror I can also see that my lips look so much healthier and smoother. I would put the smoothness of my lips down to the shea butter and mango seed butter used in the making of this exfoliant whose properties are to hydrate and moisturise.

**Ingredients**
          castor oil, sucrose, soybean oil, beeswax, theobroma cacao seed butter, dimethicone, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, shea butter fruit, jojoba esters, poppy seed, mango seed butter, sweet almond oil, grape seed oil, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, peppermint oil, sesame seed oil, avocado butter, spent grain wax, argania spinosa kernel oil, shea butter extract, tetradibutyl pentaerithrityl hydroxyhydocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben

**Cost and availability**
          As I have said, I did not pay for this product - my sister did. The exfoliant comes in a 22ml tube and I think it retails for around £12-15 from the likes of Debenhams which is very, very expensive in my opinion. I have not tried any other lip exfoliants to compare them to see if the quality matches the price tag but I struggle to find any negatives with the quality of this product but I probably would hesitate to buy it myself due to the price tag.

24.06.2012 23:16

Advantages

Disadvantages

MUA eye primer

Primer is exactly what it says - it primes and prepares, therefore, eye primer is a solution which prepares the eyelid for eye makeup and primarily eye shadow. I have not tried any other eye primers in the past despite following many beauty blogs and seeing their detailed reviews on ridiculously expensive tiny tubes. Needless to say I have always been apprehensive about investing and using products such as primers as I have always questioned their abilities to be able to hold eye makeup in place. Despite such apprehension I have seen many, many positive reviews centering on the MUA eye primer and given it's inexpensive price tag I took the plunge as, after all, I had nothing to loose - apart from £2.50!

**Who are MUA?**
            MUA stands for 'Makeup Academy' and are particularly well known for their extremely cheap makeup items exclusively sold in the high street store Superdrug. The only other way to obtain products from the MUA range is to order from their website http://www.muastore.co.uk/ whereby they ship worldwide offering free delivery when customers spend over £25 in a single transaction. Their range stocks everything from nail polishes to lipsticks to pressed powders and have recently called upon some celebrity endorsement in the shape of Alexandra Burke to help to promote their brand.

**What does MUA say about this product?**
            '...it smoothes the eye lid ready for eye shadow to be applied. It also creates a base, helping the eye shadow last all night long - no more creases! You can sleep all day and party all night with the help of the Eye Primer from MUA, just pop it on the top of your eye lid, pat it in gently and apply your eye shadow directly on top of it...'

This basically describes this products purpose and what it is designed to do.

**Packaging and visuals**
            The primer comes in a black, thin box with silver decor and silver text. The box has a cut out window and the primer can be easily seen even when it is in the box. The primer itself looks like a lipgloss, with the cylinder tube and rescrewable lid. Again the actual primer itself is black with silver writing which looks professional whilst being easy to read.

**Application**
            Before applying the primer you should always ensure that you are applying it on clean, dry skin as otherwise the primer will not be effective and it will be unable to penetrate the skin and as a result of this, be ineffective as a primer.

To apply you unscrew the lid from the bottle and this reveals a wand with a small sponge type material on the end of it. At first glance I wasn't too impressed with this applicator and wished that it was a brush as I thought that a brush would make the primer easier to apply but I was wrong. The sponge allows you to dab the product onto the eyes and then spread it out with your fingers. After a re-think, a sponge is much better for these types of product because a brush would probably hold too much product and this would lead to waste.

When you first apply the primer it shows up to be a fleshy/peach colour which I was slightly concerned about as it didn't match my skin tone at all and even thought I would be applying eye makeup over the top of the primer I was still anxious about whether the mix-match of colours would be visible and look unsightly but, before long, the primer dried and was completely transparent.

**Results**
            I have used this primer everyday for the past 3 and a half weeks and after using eyeshadow and liquid eyeliner for the past 7 years I believe that I stand in good sted to be able to fully evaluate this product. I have been working full time for the past 3 weeks and have had 2 nights out in this time. For work I tend to wear a thin line of liquid eyeliner and neutral eyeshadows which I keep in my bag to reapply on my breaks as I usually find that it settles into the creases of my eyelid which looks unsightly to say the least. I have to say, the past 3 weeks I haven't had to reapply at all and I have also found that the pigment stays heightened all day without becoming dull or rubbing off which means I have a few more minutes to relax on my break rather than reapplying makeup which is always a plus!

For nights out I tend to go 'all out'. This means thick black eyeliner, false eye lashes and dark and daring eyeshadows usually greys to create the 'smoky eye' look. I always find myself reapplying foundation and bronzer on a night out but don't tend to take out eyeshadow as it doesn't fit in the small clutch bags that I usually take out but I do find that my eyeshadow isn't as dramatic a few hours after wear as it was when it was freshly applied which is disappointing as you want to look your best on a night out! I used a little bit more of the primer before dusting on my grey eye shadow and gave it a bit longer to completely dry than I would when using the product during the day as I wanted to ensure that the primer was being used to it's full potential so that my eyeshadow would stay put all night. I have to say that I found that on both nights out that I had the grey colouring did fade by the end of the night but not as much, and not as quickly, as it did without using the primer which was obviously great for me.

**Ingredients**
            Isododecane, Talc, Cera Alba, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium, Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Elcosene, Copolymer, Proplene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenolxethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, CI 77891, CI 77941, CI77492, CI77499

I would like to draw you attention to the fact that this product does contain parabens. Parabens are an artificial chemical used in a variety of cosmetics and food stuffs to preseve them, there is some evidence that parabens are found in breast cancer suffers. Other scientific evidence has suggested that parabens act similarly to that of the female hormone oestrogen which is also linked to breast cancer and stimulation of early puberty in females. Despite this it is important to stress that no difinitive link has been scientifically proven.

**Cost and availabilty**
            I picked up the MUA eye primer from Superdrug at a lowly price of just £2.50 for 7.5ml of product. Due to only using this product on the eyes which is a very small surface area then I can see this product will last for a very long time giving great value for money especially compared to it's competitors such as Bobbi Brown and MAC which retails for 4 times the price of this one.

22.06.2012 19:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

3-in-1 makeup wipes by Pure

I always buy make up wipes to remove my make up each night as obviously it is better for the skin to breathe during the night and it's better to apply makeup in the morning on clean skin. I find that makeup wipes are generally better than plain soap and water as wipes are quicker and the formulas invested in them tend to remove make up more effectively.

I think I picked these make up wipes up from B and M bargains (but i'm not 100% certain) as they were on offer at the time for just £1. I don't usually stay loyal to many products and instead I am guided by price, offers and sometimes even packaging. I picked these up due to the price and the fact that they promised to provide 3-in-1 action for my skin. These three things were cleansing, toning and hydrating.

The packaging is predominantly white/cream with purple edges. The brand name is 'pure' and this is emblazonned on the front of the packet on a gree background. There is calm purple images of a water droplet, also. On the underside of the packet is the directions and use and safety procedures. The big advantage to this packet is that it is resealable which stops the wipes from drying out.

Inside this packet you get 25 wipes. The wipes are square and white and are very thin that they are almost transparent! They are moist to touch and are fragranced. The smell is perfumed floral but not overwhelming, it is just enough to leave the skin feeling refreshed.

Removing makeup with these wipes is a struggle, in my opinion. Foundation, blusher and powder is easier than removing eye make up but I still find that I need to vigorously rub at my skin to get it clean. Eye make up is even more difficult to remove and I find that these wipes irritate my eyes and leave my eyes and my skin red and patchy which is never a good look!

Furthermore, I found that after using these wipes my face was sticky and didn't feel hydrated or softer in any way which was very disappointing. Due to this, I would not recommend these wipes to anyone even at the small price of just £1!

19.06.2012 00:05

Advantages

Disadvantages

Models own beige nail polish

Models Own nail polish is very popular, I think this was mainly due to the vast colour range that they boasted and as more and more people tried out the nail polishes more and more positive reviews began being churned out regarding this product. I'm quite late to try out this brand of nail polishes which is quite weird as I usually buy exciting new products straight away but this one has just escaped me for some unknown reason, that is - until now!

The models own nail polish comes in a glass opaque jar with a large plastic lid. The brush to apply the nail polish is attached to the lid like most other nail polishes. The 'models own' brand is emblazonned on the front of the jar and the colour of the nail polish can be seen clearly through it. In my case the colour was beige/nude. This is because I thought that it would compliment most of my outfits and was a good, safe colour to try out incase I didn't like the brand.

The brush is just like my other nail polish's brushes, I wouldn't say that there is anything different in the department. I think what sets this nail polish apart from the others is the viscosity of the polish itself. Cheaper nail polishes tend to be quite watery and runny whereas this one looks thick and tends to stick to the brush rather than running off the brush straight away. I also think the pigment in this nail polish sets it apart from the others and makes it well worth it's price tag.

I have used this nail polish three times now. The brush fans out perfectly to cover the whole of the nail and spreads the product really evenly. I do find that one coat of this nail polish isn't enough as it does look a little bit streaky but after a thin second coat this is very soon and expertly counteracted and the nail polish looks thick. The colour was a bit darker than 'beige' as described in my opinion and was more stoney than beige but it is still a good nude-type colour that does go well with most of my outfits and is very much on trend right now.

As for longevity of this product I have no complaints, due to the thickness of the product this stops the polish from chipping and looking messy. This is not to say the polish stays completely chip-free, as it does start chipping away after 4-5 days but I think this is reasonable considering how much you use your hands - especially if you work etc.

I bought this nail polish from Boots for £5.00. I think the price tag is justified as the pot does contain a lot of product so it will last me a long time.

14.06.2012 23:51

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wilkinsons womens razors

Wilkinson's are famous for their men's razors primarily and I usually use men's razors as they tend to give a much gentler, closer shave and have bigger handles which makes them easier to grip. Wilkinson's razors tend to be quite expensive especially the ones with replacable razor blades so I was pleasantly surprised when I found these ones for a reasonable sum.

The razors come in a plastic bag which I do tend to prefer over the cardboard packaging which can be quite hard to open without a pair of scissors handy! The bag is pink and transparent meaning the razors can be seen through the packet. The packets tells us that these razors have an aloe vera moisturising strip and two blades on the razor head. The packet is pink which I do like as it is symbolic of femininity and draws your attention to it straight away.

The razors themselves are also pink and white which is nice and girly. The pink handle is quite small and thin but they do have grips on them making them easy to hold onto when they are wet. The head of the razor is incredibly thin which is one of the first things that I noticed about these razors. The two blades on the razor didn't intrigue me as I usually use a man's razor which has five razors incorporated into the head but as I said I do like Wilkinsons razors so I was going to give these ones a chance.

I didn't need to wait long to realise that these razors were VERY poor quality. Within the first five or six strokes I had cut myself despite using water and shaving foam and the razor being sharp as it was brand new obviously. I was instantly disappointed but carried on shaving my legs as they were the only razors I had at the time and I was cut several more times. Not only was I cut but I noticed that after I had dried my legs they didn't feel smooth at all but actually quite stubbly meaning that these didn't give a close shave at all.

The moisturising aloe vera strip added nothing to my shaving experience in my opinion as my legs felt dry afterwards not moisturised at all. I was also cut which usually only happens during a dry shave adding to my negative opinion of these budget razors.

Overall I definitely wouldn't recommend these razors even for the price tag of £2.25 for five razors as they just don't do an adequate job.

12.06.2012 15:28

Advantages

Disadvantages

Avon senses Lagoon shower gel

A local Avon representative has been leaving the Avon catalogue on the door step for around 12 months now. I really like Avon products and have not purchased a product that I have been disappointed with, I find that their pricing accurately reflects the quality of the products. This review will focus on the Avon senses shower gel and in particular the 'Lagoon' one in general.

**What is it?**
              The product is Avon's own brand 'senses'. This range incorporates a shower gel for men, mystique, reflection, serenity, spirit, tropics, waterfall and love with the latter ones being aimed primarily at women. The shower gels come in 150ml bottles and the bigger version of 250ml bottles. I chose the 150ml bottle as I wasn't sure that I would enjoy the 'lagoon' scent and wished to try the others in the range after a while as I like to mix it up a bit.

**Packaging**
              My shower gel came in a plastic squeezy bottle. A sticker covers most of the bottle which says 'senses' and has a sereen picture of a lagoon (obviously!). The small opening at the top of the bottle allows just a small amount of product to be dispensed at any one time meaning that no product is wasted and there is minimal mess. On the back of the product is the ingredients and directions for use in which I am told that this product has been dermalogically tested which is always an advantage.

**Scent**
              The smell is the best part about this product - it is an exotic smell which isn't fruity but isn't bland or sweet either. It is the perfect blend of the 'holiday' smell and a fresh, clean smell. It is a little disappointing that the smell does not stay on the body after use but only for around half an hour prior to washing. I usually expect the shower gel's scent to still be identifiable long after bathing so I'd say this is a slight disadvantage to the product for my taste.

**Use**
              Using the product is very easy, you simply squeeze out some of the product onto a sponge of flannel and mix it with warm water and it lathers up really quickly into scented, soft yet foamy bubbles which can then be transferred onto the skin. I often use shower gel as an alternative to shaving foam and find that it leaves my skin incredibly smooth and hydrated, this is probably due to the Vitamin E that is infused in it.

Overall I would recommend this product as a very cheap but great smelling shower gel. It is curently on offer for just £1!

11.06.2012 21:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

Body Shop Coconut body butter

I absolutely love bath products and coincidentally the coconut scent which is why I picked up this body butter from Amazon about 4 weeks ago after receiving an Amazon voucher from a survey site that I am a member of. I tend to use my vouchers on things that I wouldn't normally treat myself to so this body butter was an obvious choice as it is a luxorious item which does come at quite a cost, I think.

The packaging of my body butter differs slighly from the one shown above. The lid of my body butter looks like a giant coconut and it simply says 'The body shop' on the top of it. The body butter comes in a large plastic pot with the re-screwable lid. The tub is very big but I can comfortably get my hand around the lid to unscrew it. The ingredients and directions for use are contained on the bottom of the tub.

Inside, there is 200ml of body butter which is an off-white colour and looks very shiny - it almost gleams in the tub! To touch, the body butter is very soothing and thick and makes quite a nice texture in my opinion. I was very pleasantly surprised by just how full the tub was as usually you get a big container and it is only half full with product so that was a big plus for me. I can anticipate that this body butter will last me a long time as such a small amount of product seems to go a long way!

The smell of the body butter is absolutely gorgeous. Rather than being over powering and sickly it is mixed with a more fruity tropical scent and it very prominent meaning that the scent lingers on the skin long after use which is what I expect from a body butter. I don't find that the scent is sickly but instead is smells fresh and clean.

I apply the product on towel dried skin and simply use my hands to scoop out some of the lotion and apply it all over my body. I only need to dip into the product around three times to cover my whole body as it spreads quite evenly despite being thick in consistency. I find that if you rub the product in well enough it dries clear and with a slight sheen but if you don't it does stay white into you rub it into the skin.

After use I always find that my skin, and especially the dry skin on my shoulders due to sunburn, is hydrated and no longer feels as rough as it did prior to use. My legs in particular feel a lot smoother after use, too which is always a bonus!

I do really like this product but for £12.50 I would perhaps hesistate to buy it with my own cash and would prefer to use vouchers to obtain such expensive products but it will last me a while which probably would mean that it is well worth the money!