cyberem78

cyberem78
  • Comments

Member since: 15.09.2008

27.11.2014 16:32

Advantages

• Effective.
      • "Easy to apply."
      • "Nice fragrance."

Disadvantages

• "Lids are a little loose."

Zaps Bacteria!

I bought this product during the year prior to undertaking a leg of travelling. I thought that it would be a good idea to use an antibacterial product on my hands especially since I had recently had a 5 week stomach bug caused by a transfer of nasty bacteria. I noticed these whilst shopping in my M&S Food shop. They were only £1 for a 50ml bottle and I thought they were perfect for my needs.

The product comes in a clear plastic, recyclable bottle. This is designed like a mini shower gel bottle with one flat end with a hole to hook the bottle somewhere whilst the lid is the base of the package. The lid is a flip style which is easy to open. Unfortunately I've found that the lids on these don't always click back into place securely which makes me worried about the product spilling during transit.

The label is printed with full ingredients, directions for use and some product information. It is marked as BUAV approved (not tested on animals). The brand say this kills 99.9% of all bacteria but stress it is not suitable for children.

The gel is a light blue colour and is described as being 'lemon' fragranced. The gel is quite thick but begins to gradually melt when it touches warm skin. It is easy to rub in and feels smooth and soft. The gel dries quite quickly and there is no need to rinse off. A few drops is enough to cover both hands all over. This gel gives me the benefit of making my skin feel soft and moisturised, which is something I didn't expect from an anti-bacterial gel!

The gel has a very sharp fragrance which is exactly like citrus and which smells like a sugary lemon drink or lemon meringue rather than an acrid household cleaner! The fragrance is rather nice and is strong so you can smell it on your hands for a long time after applying the gel.

I've found this gel to be very reliable in protecting from nasty bugs and I feel very confident and content when using it that I'm not going to fall ill. I think the product is reasonably priced and would definitely purchase it again. I would recommend to those who feel like they need to do their best to remain healthy and bug-free, particularly during these colder months. The product can be found in M&S stores and I found mine in the Food section of the store.

27.11.2014 16:12

Advantages

• "Easy to use."
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Strange smell."
      • "A little bit runny."

Stay Healthy This Winter!

I recently bought this Antibacterial Gel because a family member had a cold and I wanted to take as many precautions as I could in order to not catch the bug. The hand gel was on sale at Asda for only 75p with the branded products being from £1 so I thought I'd take a chance on this.

The product comes in a small 50ml transparent, recyclable plastic bottle. It is fitted with a flip up lid which is very easy to open and close. The lid is secure when closed so it's safe to carry the product in your handbag or pocket.

The labels on the bottle state that the product "kills 99.9%" of bacteria. The brand say that the liquid gel "cleans without water" and is "non sticky", drying in just seconds. They call the gel an "alternative to washing hands" and also point out that the gel can eliminate odours on the skin too.

The gel itself is clear and more runny than I would have expected. It certainly has a more watery base than other hand sanitizers I've used. It also seems to melt from a gel into a thin watery liquid very quickly. Only a few drops are needed to cover both hands back and front. The gel can be rubbed over the skin easily dur to the thin consistency. It takes a little bit longer to dry than other hand gels I've used but it's still an acceptable length of drying time.

The gel has a rather chemically, sharp fragrance which is rather unpleasant immediately after application but which dulls and then smells much nicer. It's difficult to identify the fragrance but it has hints of flowers and sherbet. This scent lingers on the skin for a long time after rubbing the gel in.

The brand claim this gel was successful in eliminating bugs such as E.Coli and S.aureus. I'm pleased to say that since I've been using it I have not become ill. I have used the gel whilst travelling by train too and have confidence that it is helping to ward off these nasty bugs. It is especially a comfort to me in these winter months when I feel there might be a greater chance of falling sick.

Overall this is a good little hand gel that does the job. It's perhaps a little wetter and sloppier than other gels and perhaps not as nicely fragranced but I think for the price it is good enough. I would buy this again and I would recommend to others who have the same concerns about staying healthy.

• Kellogg's Corn Flakes / Breakfast / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      27.11.2014 15:58

Advantages

• "Low in calories and fat."
      • "Taste Great"

Disadvantages

• None.

A Light And Tasty Breakfast!

I never used to buy cornflakes as I felt they were just not sweet enough for me but as I've gotten older my palate has changed and I have started to prefer a breakfast cereal that is not as sharp and sugary. I recently bought this box of Kellogg's Cornflakes and have been enjoying them for a few weeks now. I decided to buy a branded name cornflake product rather than shop's own because I trust that Kellogg's products are always of a high quality, having tried many of their other cereals.

I purchased a 500g sized box. The packaging is very distinctive with a picture of a giant cartoon cockerel head heralding the morning. The packaging is full of great information about the product. Full ingredients are listed as well as nutritional values. There is also an educational article about how the flakes are made.

The nutritional values are given per 100g or per 30g, which is considered to be an average serving. However, my personal servings are probably twice that amount! However, there is 113 calories per 30g bowlful as well as 0.3g of fat making this cereal a low fat option. The cereal is also infused with added vitamins and minerals including 5 B vitamins, iron and vitamin D. This is especially helpful for me to know since I am a vegetarian and I rely on these extra hits of vitamins!

The flakes - comprised of maize, barley, malt, sugar, salt and flavouring - don't really seem to have an aroma at all. They are a toasted golden brown colour and they vary in shape and size. Some are flat flakes and some are curled. Some are dark and some have a lighter tinge to them. The texture of the flakes is crispy and each flake has a lightly bubbled surface. They are very light and quite thin.

I like to eat my cornflakes cold with soya milk although know family members who like to use hot water and a splash of milk. I love that the cornflakes retain some level of crunchiness and shape for a long time. Unless you dawdle and spend a lot of time over breakfast then the cornflakes won't go soggy (unless that's what you want!)

The cornflakes have a slightly sweet but biscuity flavour which seems like much more of a natural flavour than many other Kellogg's cereals. I like that I don't need to add any sweetener to these but they are not too sweet either. They taste really good and each mouthful is moreish.

These fill me up quite well although probably not as well as toast or porridge. They are rather light but I feel satisfied after a meal and filled up until lunch time.

I would recommend these to consumers looking for a tasty, high quality breakfast cereal. I think they are more suited to the adult consumer than children. They are widely available from all major supermarkets.

26.11.2014 17:14

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Holds a lot of data."

Disadvantages

• "Too small and difficult to handle."

A Cheap Flash Drive But Is It The Best?

I recently purchased this Flash Stick from Amazon to store some photographs. I had never bought this brand before but there were many positive reviews of the product so I went ahead and purchased it.

I was surprised when I received the item that it was so small. The body is in fact not much longer than the end of my thumb. It's so small that it's tricky to pick up, grip and insert into a USB port. The plastic body has a slight upward curve at the end along with a hole through which you can attach a chain or strap. However, the plastic is very smooth and slippery and it feels so lightweight and fragile that I'm very cautious about how I handle it. I actually find this rather difficult to insert into my ports. It seems to require a real push.

The body of the drive is printed with the model (Cruzer Blade) and the capacity on the base side. As far as I know these particular drives are all black and red unlike some other brands which colour code by capacity.

The drive is designed so that when you insert it into your computer the software needed to run the drive is automatically downloaded. Unfortunately I had some issues with this. My computer said the drive software had not been installed correctly and directed me to the manufacturers page. I subsequently managed to format the drive but it was slightly inconvenient and time consuming.

The drive contains something called 'Secure Access' which is a program which holds your files and secures them by encryption and password protection. This ensures that if you accidentally lose the drive no one can access your personal files. The program is helpful and there is a PDF guide to using it.

The drive's capacity is 16GB although the actual capacity is somewhat less due to the fact that the drive uses space to perform software functions etc. However, I do find that this capacity is more than enough space for hundreds of my photographs. I am a keen photographer and I can store many years worth of pictures on this size drive. Of course you can use the drive to hold all sorts of data and the drive can be used with many devices too.

I expect to purchase flash drives in the future but I don't think I will choose this model and brand again unless there is a sales offer on. I think the drive is a little too small, flimsy and fiddly for me. I bought this for around £5 on Amazon.co.uk which I think is a reasonable price. You can find the same model which available in different capacities.

21.11.2014 15:38

Advantages

• "Effective Moisturiser"
      • "Nice fragrance"

Disadvantages

• "Too Expensive"

Effective, But Way Too Pricey!

I got this Nip + Fab Pistachio Sundae Body Butter as part of a three pack of 200ml tubs for a birthday gift (they were purchased at Sainsburys). I had never heard of the brand so I searched the name online and was shocked to find out this is rather expensive. I had recently bought some other body butter from a Poundland and thought that they were quite similar in style and substance! However, these 200ml sized Nip + Fab tubs sell for almost £10 although a smaller 50ml version is also available at only a few pounds.

The product comes in a pale green plastic tub which mimics the actual colour of the moisturiser. It looks a lot like a Bodyshop Butter in terms of packaging design and presentation. The brand market this cream as a "dry skin fix" and it's suitable for use all over the body.

The moisturiser is slightly paler green in colour than a real pistachio nut and it is very thick in substance. To use this moisturiser is a pleasure because it's so dense and velvety in texture. It really smothers the skin and it feels luxurious and protective. It's definitely a product that is best used in the colder months as it is rather heavy on the skin.

It is absorbed well into the skin and is very effective when applied to drier areas in particular. I enjoy applying to my knees, feet and arms. The cream can easily be applied to more sensitive areas of thinner skin such as the breasts or tummy without needing to rub a lot. It does not have a greasy base but it leaves skin feeling peachy soft and springy. Formulated with a 24 hour hydrating system called "Aquaxyl™" it keeps my skin looking and feeling good as long as I need.

The fragrance of the body butter is very nice and is one of those products that you almost want to taste! It's a buttery, creamy, nutty blend that is extremely pleasant and which can be detected on the skin after use. It's a feminine scent but I also think some people may not like the fragrance as it's rather unique.

This product is an effective moisturiser with a nice fragrance but I feel that it's somewhat overpriced for what it offers. I also have found very similar products that cost but a fraction of what this costs! Although I am happy to have recieved it as a gift I would not purchase it myself due to the high purchase price.

• Wholebake 9 Bar Flax / Snacks / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      21.11.2014 14:50

Advantages

• "Provides energy"
      • Filling
      • Tasty

Disadvantages

• "Can be difficult to chew"

A Tasty, Healthy Snack Bar!

I recently bought this Wholebake 9 Bar Flax variety from the 9 Bar website after first trying some of their products from my local supermarket. I bought a variety pack of these snack bars and one of the flavours I received was this 9 Bar with added flax seed.

These handmade 50g sized seed based snack bars are very high in energy and contain natural ingredients as well as being gluten free and suitable for vegetarians. They contain a mix of chewy and crunchy seeds which are blended into a sweet honey setting and then topped with a thick layer of delicious, melt-in-the-mouth carob. There is large amount of golden sunflower seeds and crispy green pumpkin seeds along with lesser amounts of small sesame seeds, poppy seeds and dehulled hemp seeds. These make up 52% of the bar with the brown flax seed comprising 5% of the bar.

I find the bar quite a challenge to chew as it's literally packed tight with these seeds. The pumpkin seeds are particularly difficult to chew and they feel as though they have a hardened shell which must be broken down in the chewing process. However, the overall texture is really interesting and enjoyable to tackle. It allows me to get a hearty mouthful and to slow down and appreciate every bite! The flavour of the bar is quite earthy, nutty and sweet with the honey and carob offsetting the individual seed flavours which can be quite rich and buttery.

These bars contain 261 calories and 17.8g of fat and the brand claim these are an excellent health food to replenish energy and calories, particularly if you exercise a lot or expend a lot of calories in your daily life. They do leave me feeling full and satisfied between meals with a slow release of energy provided getting me through each hour until the next meal.

I really enjoy these bars and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a healthy snack product. You can find them on sale at places like Holland and Barratt and some selected flavours are now making their way into some supermarkets. They cost around £2 for a four pack or you can buy a 50g sized individual bar.

20.11.2014 14:16

Advantages

• "Shiny Finish"
      • "Hard Wearing"
      • Unusual

Disadvantages

• "Colour Blend May Not Appeal To Everyone"

Strange And Futuristic Nail Colour!

I found this Rimmel Metal Rush nail polish in the shade 'Bronze Princess' in my local Poundland store and bought it because I though it looked really interesting. It's a polish that creates a shimmery metal finish on the nail whilst also creating a duo-colour effect.

The polish comes in an 8ml bottle with a wide, flat brush for application. Rather strangely the polish looks like a dark purple/brown when it's in the bottle but looks different when on the nail surface where it has more of a fluid pink with a deep green/grey tinge with bronze undertones. It's very hard to describe especially since the colour looks different in light or shadow.

The polish formula is thick in consistency but is easy to apply. The thickness means one layer on the nail is enough (although I prefer two for a more even coverage) and the brush size means one or two sweeps over the nail surface covers the whole area.

The effect of the colour is quite strange. It is reminiscent of molten metal, industrial buildings, sea creatures and robots! When the nail surface catches the light it shines in different colours and there is a pink glitter top layer which looks almost wet. The green/grey is quite a strong undercurrent and contrasts against the pink shimmer. The blend of the colours is unusual and modern but may not be to everyone's taste. I think the style is somewhat futuristic! I would call the shade an autumn/winter one as it's rather dark and moody.

The polish is long wearing if you take care of your nails and it awards a glossy finish which lasts until you remove the polish. I don't think everyone will like or even suit this polish. I think it's quite daring and suited to confident, free-living personality types. I think that matching the polish to an outfit is rather difficult and would recommend wearing it with plain black clothes!

I have not seen this polish for sale anywhere else but Poundland and I think it is now considered a seasonal past product but I would recommend seeking a bottle out if you like being creative with nail colours and styles as this is one of the most interesting nail products I have ever used!

www.rimmellondon.com

• Argan Oil Shampoo / Hair Care / 12 Readings / 12 Ratings
      19.11.2014 16:23

Advantages

• "Has A Lovely Fragrance"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Very Runny Consistency"
      • "Doesn't Lather Up Well."

An Inexpensive Shampoo Gem

I often shop at Poundland and I saw this shampoo on sale for a long time before I actually bought it. Since I was not familiar with the brand my impression was that it might be a low quality product. However, rave online reviews from consumers encouraged me to try it.

The shampoo comes in a 250ml or 8.5 fl oz sized soft bottle which stands on it's flip top lid. The packaging is a distinctive brown and green and the brand actually have a range of other Argan oil products also sold at Poundland.

The shampoo contains extract of Argan oil which has recently become the newest sensation in hair care. It's alleged to leave hair silky and healthy after use. The brand state their shampoo is "hydrating, nourishing [and] cleansing" and say that the shampoo "moisturises" hair to leave it "shiny [and] smooth".

The shampoo is quite runny and it immediately spurts out the large dispensing hole when the lid is opened. It's white and pearly in colour. It says in the directions for use to apply a "small amount" of shampoo to wet hair but I find I need to use an awful lot of shampoo for my long hair. The trouble is the shampoo does not lather up easily as it has quite a heavy oily base therefore it requires a lot of product, water and rubbing to create a foam thick enough to work with. I find myself actually targeting the scalp in three or four sections which takes a bit longer than usual. Once I have a good foam it feels creamy and soft and is enjoyable to rub into the hair and scalp.

The shampoo has a nice fragrance which is like fresh apples. It actually reminds me of a shampoo range called Salon Selectives which used to be very popular a few years ago. They had an almost identical and very memorable fragrance. It's fresh, fruity, feminine and powerful. It lingers on the hair when it has been dried too.

The shampoo is effective at cleaning hair and scalp. All debris is removed and my scalp feels refreshed and soothed. I'm really impressed by the softness of my hair after using this shampoo. It's strangely silky almost like baby's hair and it has a lovely bounce to it's shape that makes it look in great condition. The state of my hair after using the shampoo means it's easy to manage and style. It also has a beautiful texture and glossiness and therefore this boosts my confidence.

I wish I could get away with using a little less shampoo with each wash but I'm still happy with my purchase and would buy this in the future. Finding a shampoo that deep cleans but also conditions hair so well is a great treat, especially considering the cheap price of this product. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a really good shampoo that leaves hair looking and feeling lovely.

18.11.2014 12:30

Advantages

• "Has a beatuiful sweet fragrance"
      • "Is rich and luxurious"

Disadvantages

• None.

Delightful Body Wash

I bought this as a travel size bottle when I was going away for the weekend. I wanted a bath product that would relax and pamper me after all the travelling. This Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Wash sounded perfect with it's added "shea butter and warm vanilla".

Manufactured by Unilever this product comes in a full sized 250ml bottle as well as this pocket sized travel version which is only 55ml. This smaller size is perfect for one or two nights away but will last no longer than that. The product comes in a white recyclable plastic bottle with a top that twists off but must be clicked back on. It's a little bit tricky with the small bottle top but I imagine is not as difficult with the larger bottle.

Full ingredients are listed on the bottle as well as some information. The brand state that the formula has a special "Nutrium Moisture", a patented invention by the brand that causes the foam to moisturise and nourish skin as it cleanses. Shea butter is an ingredient which is also skin softening.

The liquid has a very curious fragrance. It is very sweet but it reminds me of candy floss or flavoured bubble gum. It is a really nice fragrance that is almost like an overdose of vanilla essence! The fragrance can really be described as being "warm" and it is a light-hearted, relaxing kind of scent. I think the fragrance would appeal more to ladies than men.

The liquid wash is a shiny, pearly white colour and is incredibly rich, thick and creamy. It feels very velvety to the touch and this makes it seem luxurious. The liquid lathers up very quickly and creates a dense, rich lather which is super soft and a pleasure to touch and to rub over the skin. I find I don't need to use very much to create this abundance of foam and I don't need to work hard to lather up.

The liquid cleans well and I do not find I need to repeatedly rub areas like underarms or feet to get them fully clean. The body wash is very effective and it is also freshening. The overall sense I get when using this is that I feel very relaxed, happy and as though I'm being treated to one of the best body wash products on the market. The sweet scent rises in the steam and is slightly dreamy and delicious! My skin feels lovely and soft after use too.

This is a great body wash that I would recommend. I'm definitely going to buy this again as I really enjoy using it. Find out more about this product at the brand's website:

www.dove.co.uk

18.11.2014 10:07

Advantages

• "Nice Fragrance"
      • Freshening

Disadvantages

• "Is identified as being 'old fashioned'"

Romantic, Flowery Fragrance

When I was a kid my mum used to love the fragrance of Coty L'aimant and it was also my father's favourite. The scent had unique, identifiable notes that meant it was unforgettable. As I grew older I assumed that the fragrance had been discontinued and I was surprised to find this can of body deodorant at my local store. I bought it out of nostalgia but I've grown rather partial to it!

L'aimant is a French word meaning 'magnet'. I have always associated the fragrance with romance and partnership and in fact the fragrance was created by Francois Coty for the woman he loved. This fragrance has been around for decades now and as such it has a reputation as being slightly old fashioned and tailored for the older generation. I personally feel that if you like a fragrance you should wear it no matter what your age however I can't deny that this does remind me of the past and is something I would normally identify with older ladies.

The fragrance is actually a lot more complex than I imagine it to be with top notes of bergamot, neroli, peach, and aldehydes, heart notes of geranium, rose, orchid, golden jasmine and ylang-ylang and base notes of Vetiver, musk, vanilla, sandalwood, tonka bean and cedar. Combined it has a very thick floral vibe, slightly smoky and sophisticated. I find the musk very prevalent along with some fresh fruity tones.

The deodorant body spray comes in a 75ml can. This has a standard press down spray button on the top and a lid. The design of the bottle is quite nice and looks very posh and formal. It's a dark pink bottle with some vague floral patterns behind the logo. It looks exactly as I remember it looking when I was ten so it's either a classic design or slightly out dated. I personally would love to see a little bit of updating so it might appeal to younger consumers. The can is lightweight and easy to carry in a handbag. The canister can also be recycled after use.

The spray is cooling and refreshing and is just as effective as other brands like Impulse or Charlie. It's a fragrance that is prominent and lasting and which can be applied all over the body. When I use this spray I feel very clean and fresh all of the time. It's a fragrance that generates that 'just out of the shower' feeling.

I really like this fragrance overall.I don't think it's suitable for everyone though. I think it is more likely to appeal to older ladies or women who grew up with a mum who used it. However, I wouldn't put younger consumers off trying it as I feel it's worth discovering. It's also a perfume that may not appeal to certain personality types.

This is available in selected stores and it usually costs me £1 to buy which I feel is a good price.

17.11.2014 21:59

Advantages

• "Works well"

Disadvantages

• "Harsh scent"

A Protective, Effective Nail Polish Stripper!

I often paint my nails but it's important to me to be able to remove the polish quickly and easily whenever I want. I have no brand preference when it comes to nail polish removers and my most recent purchase was this Cutex Moisture Guard. I actually thought all nail polish removers were more or less the same. It turns out I was wrong. In fact Cutex actually produce several varieties of nail polish including one for acrylic nails so be sure to read the bottles prior to purchasing. This particular product is for dry nails and it "protects nails against breaking".It also includes a "nail whitening formula".

The product comes in a large 200ml sized recyclable semi-transparent bottle. The packaging looks extremely similar to the other varieties of Cutex removers but this one has an orange top and green label. There is just a little information on the labels including full ingredients and warnings that the product is highly flammable.

The bottle neck is wide so when you tip up the contents it's easy to soak your cotton balls with the liquid. The liquid is clear and has a very harsh aroma that is like very strong vodka combined with cleaning solution. It's not a pleasant fragrance but to be honest I have yet to come across a nail varnish remover that smells nice so it's to be expected. After use my nails don't smell too bad and have a lemony hint to them.

The strength of the product is impressive. If I press my saturated cotton ball against my nail for about 3 seconds and then wipe most of the polish is removed. It's extremely effective and fast working. The only thing it doesn't do is remove discoloration from the nails after wearing a very dark polish where the colour has seeped deep into the nail. I have also had a few issues with glitter polish not being fully removed but I have had this issue with all other removers I have used and attribute it to the type of varnish used rather than the effectiveness of the remover. I don't need to use much liquid. One half of a saturated ball or pad will suffice for two or three nails. The liquid does not lose any power from being exposed to air for any length of time.

My nails feel good after using this and I would agree that they aren't dry and look quite bright. I rarely suffer from any breakage.

This product was only around £1.50 which to me is very cheap as you get quite a lot of liquid which goes a long way. I would certainly purchase it again and would recommend it to nail polish users.

• Avon Senses Shower Gel / Bath & Shower / 9 Readings / 9 Ratings
      16.11.2014 17:17

Advantages

• "Cleans Well"
      • "A Little Bit Goes a Long Way"

Disadvantages

• "Fragrance Is Too Weak"

Stimulate The Senses?

The product I'm reviewing is the Avon Senses Shower Gel 'Moroccan Delights' from the Spicy range. I recently bought this from my Avon rep. after seeing it on sale in my catalogue for only £1. I bought it because it sounded extremely luxurious and as though it would have an exotic, unique fragrance.

The product comes in a 250ml sized transparent recyclable bottle through which you can see the bright orange liquid. The bottle is fitted with a flip lid which is actually a little tricky to click up as it's so secure. There is a dispensing hole which is a little bit on the small side. The bottle is printed with some product information including full ingredients and some basic usage instructions.

When opening the lid the fragrance of the gel can be detected. It's not quite as exotic as I expected it to be, unfortunately, although the fragrance is still quite nice. I would describe the scent as being mildly spicy, warm and smoky. The front of the bottle says that the fragrance is "rich incense and teakwood". According to Avon the product fuses bergamot, jasmine and patchouli to create an unusual indulgent blend. I personally feel the fragrance is not strong enough. It does not create enough of an impact in the shower. I want to be able to really smell these amazing notes as I'm using the product but the fragrance is just not powerful enough to create a mood or to impress me to any great extent. I don't find the fragrance particularly unique or special either, I'm afraid. However, it's still a rather nice scent although it's very gentle and understated.

The gel is incredibly thick and this means you don't need much. A little squirt of the gel onto an applicator and this can last the whole shower session! The gel is so thick it requires some effort to lather up. It can remain quite solid in streaks on the applicator but it gradually melts away and bubbles up when water is added.

The lather is quite fluffy and soft but not abundant or very rich. It has a smooth texture so it is pleasant to rub over the skin. I find the foam can double as a shaving foam agent! The gel cleans well and it makes me feel clean immediately without needing to use a lot of product or repeatedly rub the skin. After use the fragrance lingers on the skin although it's extremely light and does not remain for long.

Overall I thought this product would have a bit more oomph and pizzazz since it's labelled as "spicy". I expected mad explosions of fiery flavours but what I got was simply warm and modest. The gel cleans well and only a small amount is required. I think the gel is worth what I paid but I'm not sure I would buy it again as it's not what I expected.

13.11.2014 19:38

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Can Make Hair Glossy."

Disadvantages

• "Too much can leave hair looking greasy."

The Miracles Of Argan Oil?

I have heard a lot of good things about Argan Oil recently. It seems to be the new miracle cure for dull or damaged hair. Celebrities and fashion magazines are talking nonstop about all of these amazing hair products which are infused with the oil. I saw this Argan Oil Hair Treatment at my local Poundland store and I figured that, at that price, it was worth trying.

I wasn't sure what this product actually was or how it would work until I got it home. In fact it's rather similar to a serum or hot oil treatment. It is intended for use on damp hair only and you must not rinse it out. Having tried it on dry hair I can recommend just applying it to damp hair.

The product comes boxed and in a 50ml sized brown plastic bottle with a screw off top. You need to pour out the oil and since the bottle mouth is quite large measuring the oil in drops is rather difficult! The outer box and bottle are printed with product information including full ingredients. The brand state that the product is "enriched with vitamin E" and the oil from the fruit of the Argan tree which they say will nourish dry and damaged hair. They refer to this product as an "intensive hydrating treatment".

The oil is very greasy and heavy. It has a fragrance which reminds me of sandalwood, burning embers and sunflower oil. As mentioned it is quite hard to pour out of the bottle without pouring too much product into the hand. It is recommended to use 4 to 5 drops on your hair after washing and towel drying. This is difficult to measure exactly. I rub the oil in my hands prior to running it through my hair. The oil does not go onto the hair smoothly. The oil seems to stick on the outside of the hair shaft and coat the shaft. It is therefore quite difficult to work the oil through the hair. I would actually recommend targeting certain sections of hair. I usually aim for dry ends and strands around my face.

When my hair is dry the oil leaves it glossier and more healthy looking but the hair is also a lot heavier with a lot less movement. It is very easy to overdo how much oil you apply to the hair and this can cause you to look like you have greasy, unwashed locks. Even just a little oil though makes the hair thicker and a little more limp. One of the best ways I've found to use this is just to pour one drop into the hands and then smooth over the outer most hairs. This way you just get a tiny bit of sheen and conditioning without having much weight and oiliness.

I would probably buy this again just because it's cheap but it's not as handy as a serum and it's difficult to get the balance right.

13.11.2014 18:49

Advantages

• "Easy To Grip Handle."

Disadvantages

• "Moisturising Strip is Too Gooey."

A Close Shave!

I have tried many methods of removing hair but ultimately I feel shaving is probably the easiest way. I often use disposable razors but the big brand razors are quite expensive now. On my last trip to Asda I saw these shop's own razors for women. I'm specifically reviewing the Sensitive Twin Blade For Women Razors.

The razors come in a pack of ten which is an appropriate size pack for me. The pack is printed with product information which includes an ingredients list of what is in the formula of the moisturising strip on the razor head.

The razors are blue and they have a long 10 1/2 centimetre handle and a slim head that measures approximately 4 centimetres by 1 centimetre. The handle has deep ridges for an easier grip. The head has a double blade razor. Above this is a spongy moist strip. The brand state this strip is infused with vitamin E and aloe to help condition and soften skin.

What I find when using these razors is that the strip can be very gungy. On the first few uses the strip is so gluey that it drips down around the blades and actually can impede shaving a little bit! The moisturising fluid looks a bit like mucus too so it's not particularly pleasant! However, after a few uses this gunge tends to reduce considerably leaving a much more manageable razor head. The strip then helps to glide the razor over the skin.

The razors give a good clean shave. I can use them with ease on my legs and underarms. The ridged handle is a real help as when my hands are wet they can still grip onto the handle easily. The head of the razor is fixed, not flexible. I find this style of razor easy to use and direct.

What I have noticed is that the blades on these razors don't tend to last as long as other brand razors I have used. In fact many of my razors have started to go a little bit rusty at the edges of the head where the blade is melded into the plastic. I am not sure why this is since I find the razors easy to rinse clean after use. The gap between the blades is easily washed clear of hair snippets after use.

I think these razors have some good and bad points but I think you get what you pay for. These do the job and are only £1 for a ten pack which I think is a reasonable price. They are not the best razor I have used but they are certainly not the worst either and I would buy them again.

13.11.2014 13:08

Advantages

• "Deeply Moisturising"

Disadvantages

• "Quite Thick So Difficult To Rub In "

A Classic Cream!

My mum used to use this classic Nivea Crème moisturiser and since then I've always had my own tub. It's a moisturiser I reserve for specific parts of my body because of the properties of the cream. I find that I use it more often in the cold autumn and winter months than at any other time.

The product I have comes in a small 50ml sized blue plastic tub. There is a flat screw off lid which is easy to twist on and off. The cream is initially protected by a foil lid which should be removed completely prior to use - it gets messy if you don't remove it! The little pot is a handy size for taking travelling, putting in a handbag or just storing in your beauty kit.

This Nivea Crème is the brand's signature product and has been around since 1911. It only recently beat a rival cream worth £105 in a product test run by the Daily Mail. Preservative free and dermatologically tested, the cream is perfect for all of the family since it is so mild and versatile.

The moisturiser is like no other I've used. It's like a cross between body butter and a very thick moisturiser. It's extremely dense and sticky and because of this it goes into stiff peaks when you rub it into your skin. Once you pat in down into the skin it absorbs well though. A little bit does not go a long way so it's better to focus on areas that really need attention.

The cream has a pleasant, fresh and mildly floral fragrance. It reminds me of talcs and soaps as it's generally just a very clean scent. The fragrance would be suitable for both sexes and for children since it's very mild.

The cream is deeply moisturising. It's so effective you might think it was a medicinal treatment for dry skin! It is the equivalent of an intensive hair masque for your skin. It makes my skin feel slightly moist and elastic again. It removes any flakiness or roughness on the surface of the skin.

I particularly like to use this on my hands, my feet, my knees and elbows. However I've even at times used it on my face when I've had very bad dry skin. It's extremely versatile and can be applied anywhere on the body.

I think this is an essential moisturiser to have at home and although I use other creams too I think this is a good one to have as a back up cream, always at hand if you need extra pampering. I would recommend it to anyone who has dry skin.

www.nivea.co.uk