cyberem78

• Comments

Member since: 15.09.2008

• MAC Mineralize Concealer / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      01.08.2014 11:12

Advantages

• "A little goes a long way"
      • "Has a radiant effect"
      • "Evens out colour of skin"
      • "Looks natural"
      • "Really good coverage"

Disadvantages

• "Quite pricey"

The Best Concealer Out There?

A family member gave me some of this Mac Mineralize Concealer recently as a gift. It came in a small back box with some product information on the outer packaging including full ingredients and contact information. The shade is printed on a sticker on the end of the box and I have N20 which is a warm but still a fairly light shade in the whole range.
      The product I have is a 5ml or 0.17Fl. Oz sized bottle. The little bottle itself is transparent plastic and the top has a large rubber screw off lid. The whole thing measures 3 ½ inches so it’s small enough to carry in a purse. The applicator inside is a small, precise soft bristle bush. I find the brush very easy to direct onto the skin. The applicator lid is actually a strange soft rubber material which can feel spongy to hold though.
      Mac state this product contains “minerals and botanicals” which are meant to be nourishing and beneficial to the skin. They state that this will provide medium coverage with a “natural luminous finish”.
      The product is very creamy and rich and feels really soft when you blend it into your skin with a finger. I find the product is easy to blend in and once it has settled in has this sort of invisible second skin appearance. It manages to conceal without looking like a concealer! It’s a very clever product! I’ve found that less is definitely more with this product as a little smudge of this can cover a wide area of skin. The product is brilliant at concealing any redness, prominent veins or eye circles.
      This product is fairly pricey at GBP17.00 and at first I wasn’t convinced it would be better than my much cheaper concealer. I therefore actually tested the two side by side - using the Mac on one side of my face and my cheap product on the other. The difference was incredible. This Mac concealer looked so much more natural and healthy. It also gave me much better coverage in general and evened out areas where there was any discoloration or blemishes. I can therefore attest that paying more in this case is actually worth it.
      The concealer feels light and breathable on the skin and it is easy to remove at the end of the day with make-up remover and facial wash. I am certainly impressed by this product and would love to keep on buying it as long as I can afford to! I would definitely recommend this product if you have troublesome skin which needs a really good cover up or if you have a big occasion coming up like a wedding. I don’t know if there is a better concealer out there, to be honest!

31.07.2014 15:01

Advantages

• " barely-there fragrance"
      • "Has a fresh"
      • "Protects hair from high temperatures"
      • "Light and non sticky"

Disadvantages

• "Hair is not left as shiny as it promises"

Hot Hair!

I have wavy hair and I recently started straightening it more often to achieve a more sophisticated look. A friend recommended that I try this Schwarzkopf Got2Be Guardian Angel Blow Dry and Flat Iron Spray for optimum results. I bought this from Boots for GBP4.07 which is a bit less than I usually pay for the same sort of product so I feel this is good value and priced about average for the market.
      The product comes in a trendy, curved black 200ml sized bottle. It has a non-aerosol style pump button on top. There is lots of information on the label including directions for use, full ingredients and more about the product's benefits.
      The spray can be sprayed into hair prior to blow-drying, straightening or tonging and will provide heat protection up to 220 degrees. The brand state that as well as protection the spray awards shine to the hair.
      The product is very watery and has hardly any fragrance at all which is refreshing for these types of product. It smells mildly of apples when wet and has virtually no aroma on the hair once the hair is dry. The product is also not at all sticky and therefore is easy to work into the hair.
      I use this with straightening irons and I find that it very quickly evaporates on the hair during use and allows my hair to straighten very quickly. It doesn't sizzle or burn and once I've finished my hair is unbelievably light and easy to manage. It's as though I don't have any product on my hair and yet my hair is well styled. I would say that the product awards a mild shine only though. It certainly doesn't give my dry hair a high gloss finish but it does produce a mild sheen which somewhat improves the general appearance of the hair, making it look healthier and more youthful. However, I still tend to use other products like serum to enhance the shine of my hair after using this spray. After using this spray regularly I can confirm the condition of my hair is okay and is not further damaged by using heated appliances. I therefore feel the spray is doing it's work in providing adequate protection for my hair during heat styling.
      I would certainly buy this again as I feel it is an essential part of my hair styling when using straighteners and I am pleased with it's qualities and how it performs. It is available at shops such as Boots and Superdrug.

31.07.2014 14:34

Advantages

• "Keeps lips feeling hydrated and healthy."

Disadvantages

• "Looks like a product for children."

Lovely Lips!

I started wearing lip balm in my teens and have used it ever since, becoming something of an addict. I recently saw this Maybelline Baby Lips on sale and decided to try it as it was something new. I confess when I first saw the packaging design I thought this was a product aimed at children. I was also a bit concerned about carrying a product around with the phrase ‘Baby Lips’ scrawled over it when I’m in my thirties. However, I bought the balm anyway.
      The product comes as a stick lip balm in a plastic lipstick type tube with a twisting base which pushes the lip balm up out of the inner case. The plastic case is emblazoned with the product name and the gaudy colour and childish font style it does make it look like it is aimed at younger consumers. The case has a secure top which clicks back into place and which slips open easily too. The product I have is actually part of a range of tinted lip balms available in 6 different varieties. I have the style ‘Hydrate’ which comes in a bright blue plastic case and is actually a neutral, clear balm so it‘s natural looking and provides gloss and moisture rather than colour. The balm looks like a glue stick but does not award a cloudy effect once on the lips. The balm is super easy to apply since it seems to melt on impact with the lips. It gives a thin but lasting coverage. The product stays put but feels light. It has a mild, pleasant fragrance that reminds me of cherry or melon. It also provides SPF protection.
      The brand claim this product keeps lips moisturised for 8 hours and state that testers of the product agreed the condition of their lips improved with regular use. I would agree that the product is long lasting and improves lip condition, making the skin less flaky and dry. I also like the way the balm looks - it's natural looking and doesn't look too wet or thick.
      I am really happy with my purchase and would recommend this to any female who uses lip balms regularly. It's price of GBP2.99 is really good value and priced competitively. I would definitely buy this again.

• The Paperboy (DVD) / DVD / 12 Readings / 11 Ratings
      29.07.2014 22:03

Advantages

• "Well acted"

Disadvantages

• "Quite explicit material"

Not What You'd Expect....

Film Only Review:
      This 2012 release movie really surprised me as I chose to watch it after seeing a promotional trailer which was a bit misleading in how it chooses to portray this material. I was expecting something mainstream and tailored to the Oscar crowd but instead what I find is a strange, dark and dirty independent that surely only appeals to a small percentage of movie aficionados.
      The movie stars a host of big names and was of particular interest because of Zach Efron's participation. This is definitely a huge leap away from his clean cut High School Muscial image and it really showcases Efron's skills as an adult actor. Joining him are Nicole Kidman in a surprising role as a sex-crazed, dopey blonde. I do get the sense that she might have been attempting to show off her range here and she really seems to sink her teeth into the part although I do feel like I can see the cogwheels of an actress at work during much of the film. John Cusack takes on another dark role as a prisoner and is almost unrecognisable from his heart-throb leading man days. David Oyelowo is the most impressive of the cast and gives a natural, authentic and full-bodied performance. He is definitely a talent to watch out for in any future projects. Matthew McConaughey also acts well although the portrayal of his character feels similar to some of his other recent performances.
      The movie surprised me because it is very racy and gritty and not at all what I expected it to be. There is a lot of weird, off-putting, hard-core sexual scenes in this movie and lots of sexual innuendo that makes the DVD certification of 15 seem far too low an age limit. I personally find some of the sexual acts in the film to be repulsive, creepy and depressing rather than interesting, amusing or exciting.
      I also think the storyline begins to degrade in quality about halfway through the movie. It's as though the movie changes from something that starts out quite clever and unique to something that is incoherent, unrealistic and pointless. I was very disappointed by the ending and it is impossible to care about any of the characters after a certain point.
      Although this movie features a stellar cast list it's not something that could be enjoyed by everyone. In fact it's more likely to appeal to a very small percentage of movie fans and even fans of the actors involved may find this film tough to watch. The DVD is available on Amazon UK and is currently priced at GBP6.50.

• Suspicious River (DVD) / DVD / 8 Readings / 8 Ratings
      28.07.2014 17:26

Advantages

• "Interesting way of exploring Leila's mind and soul"
      • "Good performances"

Disadvantages

• "Depressing story"
      • "Too much sexual brutality"

A Very Dark Story...

I bought this DVD because I am a fan of one of the actors in the cast. The Canadian film was released in the UK with my Region 0 DVD carrying a 2003 release date. The DVD is certificate 18 and there is are scenes of sexual violence and strong language.

The film stars Molly Parker as a downbeat motel receptionist called Leila who falls into a world of prostitution after being propositioned by a client. She begins to entertain a variety of men until finally meeting one guest (Callum Keith Rennie) with whom she embarks on a more intimate affair. However, soon after entering into the relationship she realises that she is in very dangerous territory with this man.

I find this film very difficult to watch since it's content is quite disturbing. The level of sexual violence and general sexual content is high and it's simply unpleasant to see. There is nothing kinky or racy about the type of sexual violence in this movie. Alongside this graphic depiction of an abused prostitute is a very artful depiction of this woman's inner being though. It's a huge contrast and it's presented in a very clever and moving way. It really reminds the audience that we need to see this woman as her complete self and not just as a dirtied, sexual being. It also challenges audiences to think and to dream since the presentation of Leila's mindset and her spirit is somewhat abstract.

Molly Parker's performance is excellent as is Callum Keith Rennie's. Both leads were nominated for Leo Awards for their acting with Rennie coming away with the win. To be perfectly frank though, a lot of the film involves long sex scenes,violent scenes and rape scenes rather than scenes with any actual dialogue. Parker's interactions with a displaced child who hangs around the motel are perhaps the best and most emotionally satisfying scenes. Rennie's brutal bad guy leaves a bad taste in the mouth and feels very authentic.

This movie has that 'independent' feel to it and is typically Canadian in presentation. I am certain that not everybody would enjoy this given the extreme content but if you like Molly Parker or Callum Keith Rennie then it's worth a watch. I'd have to describe this as a dark, violent, depressing movie and warn once again that it contains a lot of sexual brutality and repression of females.

The DVD contains a 4 page booklet with an interview with the director.It also has scene selection, a promo of the movie, is 16:9 widescreen and is 89 minutes in length. This DVD is available at Amazon for around £4.

• The Numbers Station (DVD) / DVD / 7 Readings / 6 Ratings
      27.07.2014 21:52

Advantages

• "Lots of Action Scenes"

Disadvantages

• "Story is Silly"
      • "No Chemistry Between Lead Actors"

Forgettable Film...

Film Only Review:

I recently saw this movie as I am a big fan of John Cusack, the lead actor. This is a 2013 release directed by Kasper Barfoed. It is a action thriller set in England and the plot revolves around a CIA black ops agent called Emerson Kent (Cusack) who is assigned to protect a secret code assigning station (a 'numbers station') and an operator called Katherine (Malin Ackerman). The station comes under attack by a group who have a dangerous agenda and Kent must fight for survival and figure out the ultimate aim of the terrorists.

I found the movie a little dull and uninspired overall. The claustrophobic setting of the station does little to help since the lack of chemistry between the two leads is exposed as well as any weakness in the dialogue or characterisation. Cusack's portrayal of a brooding existentialist doesn't quite fit here although it may be the most interesting aspect of the film. There is simply not enough development of Kent or Katherine to encourage any interest in their stories. Ackerman also seems to struggle with the portrayal of Katherine at times, although I think this may be due to ropy dialogue and clunky back-story scenes rather than the talents of the actress. The character's so-called humour juts out at horrible angles as she interacts with Kent, whose darkness is impenetrable. The obvious move to a sort of unsteady romance between the couple is just ridiculous given the fact that there seems to be a brick wall between them whenever they interact.

There are some good action scenes and some tense, rather uncomfortable scenes of violence which are exciting until you start to think about the plot a little more and realise there are a lot of inconsistencies and holes which render any stakes meaningless. We are asked to invest in a story that is over complicated and silly as well as in the characters who are underdeveloped and too flawed to like. The twist in the tale is more than obvious and the ending is too.

Ultimately, the only reason I'd watch this again is because I like Cusack. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you are a fan of either of the lead actors and even then you may be disappointed. I think this is a forgettable film overall which did not really move or excite me in any meaningful way.
      < br/>
      The R2 DVD is available to buy and is priced GBP8.99 on Amazon.

24.07.2014 15:54

Advantages

• "Leaves you feeling clean"
      • "Cools and refreshes the scalp"
      • "Smells Great"

Disadvantages

• "None "

Instant Tropical Freshness

I have previously used Batiste Blush but I recently bought this Batiste Tropcial which I thought sounded really nice. I have been needing a product like this to keep my scalp and hair fresh during the hot summer weather when I'm not able to wash my hair properly.

The product comes in a 200ml sized aerosol can. It's a tall canister so not really something you'd want to carry around in a handbag but I like the fact that you get a lot of product. It has a spray button top which releases a very fast jet of mist. The can is printed with a gaudy yellow and green tropical leave pattern which is a good representation of the product. Information is printed on the can too. The brand state this dry shampoo can remove "excess grease" and is "perfect to use between washes". They also state it can give "added body and texture".

Directions for use say to shake the can "vigorously" before use. Then you need to hold around 30cm away from hair and spray directly at your roots. You then should brush your hair. I find the spray easy to direct and I can control how much product goes onto my scalp as I'm spraying.

The product has an instant cooling effect which is perfect and a real relief when it's hot outside. It also makes my scalp feel fresh and clean again. It instantly plumps up my hair at the roots so that it looks like it has just been washed and is airy and light. It transforms lank, slightly greasy hair near the roots into shiny, bouncier hair.

The fragrance of the product is gorgeous. It smells like a tropical cocktail. I can smell hints of fresh coconut and melon. It's a fragrance that reminds me of being on holiday. It's an uplifting scent.

I will definitely be buying this product again as it is really helpful at making my hair look and feel a lot better between washes. Using the product gives me a lot of confidence. I would recommend this to any guy or gal who needs a freshen up between washing, to people who get sweaty a lot or who are outdoors in the sun. This dry shampoo works wonders and it makes you feel a lot better about yourself.

23.07.2014 21:23

Advantages

• "Quick and Easy To Apply"
        • "Very Bold"

Disadvantages

• "Hard To Remove"

GoldenEye!

I recently bought some of this Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr eye shadow because I liked the shade on offer. I bought the shade 24K Gold which basically looks like molten gold metal and it's super shimmery and loud. There are many different shades in the range although all of them produce a vibrant look. The product comes in a heavy glass mini jar with a screw off plastic lid. Although there is no information printed on the pot to tell me how much product is inside I can testify that you get quite a lot of eye shadow, although the distorting jam jar bottom of the pot makes it look like a lot more than it really is! This is a gel cream eye shadow so it has a slippery, slightly waxy consistency. I use my finger to apply this. One quick swipe across the eyelid can be enough though and this creates a dramatic, eye-catching look. You don't really need to be precise about it. If you want to deepen the colour then you can simply dab at an area. This is certainly the boldest eye shadow I've ever worn. This particular shade is almost futuristic it's so wild! It really helps to frame the face and create a unique look for the eyes. Once the product is on the eyes it feels like it dries in place so it doesn't fade away, crease into the fold of the eye or wipe off. It remains as bold a colour and effect at the end of a night as it was upon application. The eye shadow can be a little tricky to remove as it leaves tiny particles wedged deep into the skin which need a lot of attention to rub away. The same goes for your fingertip when applying. Even after washing my hands multiple times I still look like Goldfinger! However, this quality of steadfastness means the eye shadow is really long lasting. It's guaranteed to last for 24 hours but I haven't needed to wear the product as long as that! This eye shadow is dermatologically tested and is safe for contact lens wearers. It cost me GBP4.99 which is a little pricey for one eye shadow but I think it was worth it. Ultimately the product makes eye make-up an easy task, brings me high fashion and stays in place until I say so. I would recommend to make-up loving gals and anyone looking for a faster way to perfect eye make-up.

22.07.2014 21:36

Advantages

• "Has A Lovely Fragrance"
        • "Leaves Hair In Amazing Condition"

Disadvantages

• "Very Expensive"

You Need To Be Super Rich!

I was in Boots recently when a lady approached me and told me I could have a hair dye product for free if I purchased some hair conditioner. She gave me a tiny 2 Fl. Oz. or 50ml sized bottle of Bumble and Bumble Super Rich Conditioner which when I took to the till was super surprised to learn was GBP7.50. I nearly had a heart attack to be honest but I bought it anyway! I have since tried this product on my long, highlighted and naturally wavy hair. I am amazed at the results! So the product comes in a transparent plastic bottle which is recyclable after using. It has a black top which can be totally screwed off but it also has a flip lid which you can press open with your thumb. When closed this lid is very secure and will not leak. There is a list of full ingredients printed on the bottle as well as directions for use. The brand state this conditioner is perfect for hair that is "chemically treated or coarse" which describes my hair completely. It is recommended this be used after the brand's Gentle Shampoo but I just use my regular shampoo brand. The conditioner is a pale corn yellow colour and is very thick in consistency. It's probably the creamiest, richest conditioner I've ever used. Despite it's dense, gooey form it is easy to apply as it seems to melt through my wet hair with ease. The conditioner has a very unique fragrance that reminds me of cut grass and melons. It's a very nice scent that makes me feel refreshed and uplifted. The conditioner is quite easy to rinse out although I do feel it takes a while longer than with a thinner textured conditioner. At this stage I can really feel my hair change. My hair feels silky, thicker and less coarse. My fingers slip through my hair in the water as I'm rinsing out the conditioner. At the towel drying and styling stage my hair is amazingly compliant and combs slide through with no tatty knots anywhere in sight! After drying I am amazed how different my hair looks and feels. It is silky and fashion magazine glossy. It is so well behaved that very little styling is necessary! The delicious fragrance of the conditioner also lingers in the hair. I really wish I could afford to buy this conditioner all the time but I can not! I would recommend to anyone who has a special occasion coming up and needs their hair to be perfect on the day. This conditioner is of an excellent quality and will not let you down.

21.07.2014 16:44

Advantages

• "The black shade is very dark"
        • "Creates an intense fashion statement"

Disadvantages

• "Can be difficult to apply"
        • "Smudges when wet"

Them There Eyes...

I recently bought this Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl liner. I have bought products from Rimmel before and trust the brand so I bought this on brand reputation rather than on anything I knew about the product. This eye liner is a 1.2g or 0.0042 sized pencil. The nib end has a transparent lid protecting the end. The pencil is printed with product information including contact details for the brand, advice on how long the product will remain fresh after first use (30 months) and some information about the benefits of the eye liner. Rimmel state this is a "long wear waterproof eye liner". I have this in the shade 001 Black which is the only black colour in the range of seven colours. Other shades include blues, greys and browns. The pencil is one which must be sharpened continuously to maintain the sharp nib. The inner core of the pencil is really thick. It is approximately 4mm in diameter and this means that you can create a really thick line should you choose this. It also means a thinner line is slightly more difficult to achieve unless the nib is sharpened to a very fine point. The kohl is very soft and squidgy and upon application to the skin it seems to melt and slide a bit. It creates a very dark, intense looking line which is sexy and dramatic. The black shade is very deep, not a smoky black. What I''''ve discovered is that the liner is prone to smudging when wet and especially in hot conditions, whether this be teardrops, rain, water from a pool or sweat. It''''s supposed to be waterproof but it definitely smudges on my eyes and creates that dreaded panda eyes effect. I''''ve found that not overloading on any section of the line can help to reduce the smudging but that''''s difficult to attain given the ultra soft texture of the kohl. What happens is the line remains in place but a watery black liquid bleeds from the line and makes your eyes look bruised. I would therefore have to say it doesn''''t really work as a waterproof eye liner. However, as a non waterproof eye liner it''''s acceptable and is quite similar to a gel liner as it feels so liquid-like when applying onto the skin. The fashion statement of this liner is quite bold and youthful. I would probably buy this again because it is quite cheap at only GBP3.99 but I would warn anyone who is a potential buyer to realise that it is not the best waterproof liner out there. Available widely at shops such as Boots and Superdrug.

• Vax / Vacuum Cleaner / 8 Readings / 7 Ratings
        20.07.2014 20:11

Advantages

• "Easy to move around"
        • "Very effective"

Disadvantages

• "Can be pricey"

I''m So Impressed!

I recently bought a Vax Air Pet Upright Vacuum Cleaner model number U87-MA-P and have been using it for about a month. The vacuum cleaner is very light to handle. The handle has a grip pattern and adjustable height too. The head of the vacuum looked very small and flat in comparison with my previous vacuums of other brand makes but this makes no difference to how well the vacuum performs. In fact the flat shape of the brush head means you can slide the vacuum underneath items like sofas with more ease. The head has a brush inside which can be set to rotate or not rotate. On carpets it should be set to rotate and it spins so fast you can''''t see it moving. A little green light on the top of the brush head indicates that the brush is rotating. A button on top of the vacuum which is beside the on/off button stops the rotation and this should be pressed when you are cleaning on hard floors otherwise the spinning brush may damage the floors. I also switch off the brush if I''''m going over loose mats as the suction with the spinning brush can be too strong. If anything gets caught in the brush head it automatically stops and the green light changes to red and flashes to indicate a problem. There is a small button on the side of the cleaner to reset the brush. The vacuum is bagless and has a removable compartment which empties out at the bottom. There are cleanable filters in the top of this compartment. I find it easy to empty the vacuum although you have to tap the compartment to get the dirt out. The vacuum is one of the most effective cleaners I''''ve used. It''''s made for pet owners and the way it cleans up dog hairs, grass and dirt is amazing. It literally makes my carpets look brand new every time I use the cleaner! At the moment I''''m not having to go over an area more than once and it''''s left super clean. The hand detachments are also very effective although the tubing is not quite as long as I''''d like it to be. There is also a bigger brush attachment which doesn''''t clip onto the vacuum so it has to be stored away which is a bit inconvenient. Overall though, I''''m so impressed with this brand and this model. It cost me a bit more than I usually pay but it has been worth it!

20.07.2014 09:05

Advantages

• "Very Chocolatey"

Disadvantages

• "Waxy Texture"

Crispy But Waxy!

I''''m an absolute chocoholic so I bought one of these to try it after seeing it advertised. The Crispello is a Cadbury''''s product and is relatively new to the confectionery scene. It is packaged in the distinctive Cadbury purple wrap which features a picture of what the product looks like. Wrapping is printed with a full list of ingredients, allergy warnings and nutritional values. This product is vegetarian and contains milk, gluten and soya and may contain nuts and egg. The bar is actually comprised of three segments. They are like large pillows, which are a lot bigger than an average sweet, covered with milk chocolate. Inside one of these is a thin layer of crispy wafer which covers a stiff chocolate mousse. So nutritional values are given per piece as well as for the whole three pieces. One piece contains 55 calories and 3.6g of fat. It''''s normally difficult for me to dislike a chocolate bar but I''''m not terribly keen on this one although I would still eat one again in the future. I find the individual pieces too bulky for one bite and when you bite into one piece the crispy wafer tends to crumble all over. I also feel that the outer chocolate coating and the mousse inside have a strange waxy texture that makes the chocolate seem cheap and artificial. It''''s similar to when a bar of chocolate is left in the sun and sweats a bit. I just don''''t find the texture appealing at all. There is no denying that the overall flavour is very chocolatey though. The mousse is actually very sweet and cocoa rich and as it melts in the mouth it tastes quite nice. The mousse doesn''''t fill the crispy shell though which I find unpleasant as it causes the wafer shell to crumble and it also seems like a cheat. The chocolate on the outside of the pieces is supposed to be Cadburys but because it is quite thin it doesn''''t seem to have the same high qualities as a dairy milk bar. Overall I don''''t feel the Crispello is one of the best confectionery items on the market but it''''s still palatable if you like intense chocolate flavours. The product is sold widely in the UK and is priced competitively. I would eat one of these again but it wouldn''''t be my first choice.

19.07.2014 21:03

Advantages

• "Easy To Grip"
        • "Gives Clean Shave"

Disadvantages

• "Head Refills Are Expensive"
        • "Gel Strip Too Gooey"

A Super Shave!

I won one of these Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 razor blades in a competition. It is actually deigned for men but I find it to be completely suitable for my needs. The slightly angled, heavy handle has a rubber panel on the bottom where your fingertips naturally grip. This makes it easy to hold and it doesn''''t slip out of your hand. The weight of the handle is also a helpful aspect as it means you can feel where the razor sits at all times during your shave. The angle of the handle means that I can hold my hand straight and not at an awkward angle. The razor head rotates about 45 degrees and this means it moves according to the shape of your body. You can also have the blade at a fixed, almost flat to the handle position if you pull back the top section of the blade head and click it back in place. This is a special design to help aid shaving in difficult areas and would be particularly useful for the mustache area. The razor head has a gel strip on the top which melts when exposed to water. This acts like a shaving gel or foam and makes the blades slide over skin more easily. The gel strip can be quite effusive upon first uses of the blade head though and between uses the gel can ooze down onto the blades if you leave the razor lying flat. The razor head also has a ribbed rubber strip on the bottom of the blades which acts like a bouncy cushion to stop the blades from cutting the skin. There are five sharp blades and I find they give me a very clean and very thorough shave every time. I never need to go over the same area twice. The blades are easy to rinse off after each use. I have never cut myself with this razor and I find that amazing as I have often nicked myself with other razors! Razor heads can be removed with a simple click of a button on the handle. Refill heads are available widely but are a bit pricey. However, I aim to keep using this Hydro 5 as I find it very impressive and it gives me such a great shave, making the task hassle free and quick. I would recommend this to both men and women.

17.07.2014 16:54

Advantages

• "Has A Nice Fragrance"
        • "Gives A Hint Of Colour"
        • "Moistens Lips"

Disadvantages

• "Top comes off too easily"
        • "Easy To Smear Outside of Lips"

Lovely Pink Lips!

I am obsessive about using lip balm and like to try a lot of different brands. I recently bought this Vaseline Lip Therapy balm in a little plastic tube. It''''s variety is called Rosy Lips and it is a pink tinted lip balm that comes in a dark pinky peach tube. The product comes in a packet which has some information printed on it. Information is also printed onto the outer casing of the tube. The brand state that this product can ''''soothe dry lips''''. They also state this contains a SPF15 as well as softening almond oil and vitamin E for conditioning the skin of the lips. This comes as a 4g stick of lip balm. It has a top which pops off which unfortunately isn''''t too secure and can slip off when moving around inside a handbag. A twisting lipstick style base pushes up the lip balm. The balm is a strong warm pink colour and when you apply the balm it actually colours your lips ever so slightly. I didn''''t realise this at first and then caught my clown-like reflection in a mirror and I had smeared the balm outside of my lips edges. So you have to apply this as carefully as you would a lipstick. The balm has a lovely fragrance which is like rose petals. The balm feels like it melts slightly as it touches your lips and it is very easy to apply. It looks glossy and bright and makes my lips look healthier. The balm feels protective but it is not too thick on the lips. It actually feels like the perfect consistency to wear on the lips and not notice that it is there. It''''s sort of slippery and greasy but it stays in place too. The balm is quite adhesive to the lips unless I drink or eat or wipe the balm off some other way. I enjoy wearing this balm all day long and find it suitable for use in the day time and also before bed. It only cost me a couple of pounds and I think it is great value for money. I would recommend to ladies only.

17.07.2014 16:37

Advantages

• Flavoursome
        • Versatile
        • Flavoursome

Disadvantages

• Expensive
        • "Difficult to find."

Can''t Believe It''s Dairy Free!

I first encountered this brand and product when I attended a Vegan Festival. I''''m a vegetarian who is striving to be vegan wherever possible so the idea of a cheese substitute was very appealing. I purchased another product at the time and enjoyed it so much that at Christmas time I then bought a variety of cheese substitutes from the company''''s website including this No Moo Melty. Despite being worshipped by vegans this brand''''s products are impossible to find on the highstreet. There is only one store near me that stocks this. I gather that most of their customers shop online. This No Moo Melty is really surprising if you''''ve already tried other vegan cheeses. As most vegans will probably know most brands of cheese substitute are nothing like dairy cheeses and are usually squishy and soggy but this No Moo Melty is an incredible mimic. The product has the flavour and texture of a dairy cheese. It has more of a rubbery texture and the way it melts makes it perfect for things like pizzas or on top of chips or whatever you fancy. It also isn''''t too wet so it works well grated in salad dishes or sandwiches. Basically, if you didn''''t know you''''d think you were eating a dairy cheese and that is perfect for me because dairy cheese is something I love. This product comes in a sausage like wrap which is a bit messy to cut open. Ingredients and nutritional details are on the wrap but the overall look of the product is basic. You are able to purchase this in two 100 gram packs or as 100 gram packs in various packages available online. The product contains no soya but contains nut and wheat fibres. There are 249 calories per 100 grams and overall this is half as fattening than dairy cheeses. The flavour of this cheese is mild and creamy with a slight nutty and buttery undertone. It''''s really moreish. It is the perfect accompaniment to any meal where you would normally use cheese but this particular variety is suited to being melted. I will definitely be buying this again although I feel that it''''s expensive. It''''s gbp7.50 for 200 grams and this can be found on the brand''''s website. I would recommend this product to anyone who can not consume dairy or who would like to try a vegan diet.