cyberem78

• Comments

Member since: 15.09.2008

• next.co.uk / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      05.05.2015 16:55

Advantages

• "'VIP' sales invites"
      • "Exclusive items available"

Disadvantages

• "Website design lacking"
      • "Pressure to buy with big credit limit"
      • "Unexpected charges"

Not A Great Service...

I often visit Next on the high street but last year wanted an item they only stocked online. I was told in the store that I had to open an account if I wanted to buy anything from the Next Directory or online. This required setting up an account for which I was given a customer number and credit account. It's actually not something I wanted to do but I really wanted the item so I obliged. I then discovered you are charged £3.75 to receive a catalogue from them and have to pay this charge unless you make an order!

My whole experience with Next led me to abandoning my account pretty swiftly. I did not like the fact that I was given a huge credit limit without requesting it and I also think that the charge for the directory is a sneaky way of making you place an order with them.

The online shop is also not perfect especially when it comes to sales. Although having an active account meant that I was invited to a couple of 'VIP' sales online (prior to the sales goods being offered to other customers and new customers) the actual website design for these sales was terrible. The website seems to scan pictures from the paper catalogue and put them up on the site without any means of being able to zoom in and view the goods properly. It's just hit and miss whether you get a good bargain or not! On some pictures you can barely even see the item!

Another issue I had with Next is that my orders took a long time to arrive. My first order was actually delayed by several weeks and eventually arrived a long time after it was supposed to arrive. I was redesigning a room and I had to wait for my curtains to be delivered before it was liveable in so this was a bit inconvenient. I also thought the courier was a bit 'gung ho' with my orders as they looked like they had travelled a long way when they arrived.

I didn't especially enjoy my Next experience and although I've seen items online since that I really want I have resisted signing up for another account due to the fact that I think their service is just not that great. I would therefore recommend other consumers just to shop in their high street stores and not bother with an account unless absolutely necessary!

• nealsyardremedies.com / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      05.05.2015 16:06

Advantages

• "Environmentally friendly & ethical"
      • "Lovely products"
      • "Great service"

Disadvantages

• "Items are expensive"

Treat Yourself To Neal's Yard Remedies!

The last time I was having a weekend break in London I discovered this store and bought myself some body lotion as a treat to use while I was there. Until then I had heard of the brand before but had never visited any of their high street stores. I was very impressed by my visit and came away with an amazingly effective and pampering moisturiser. The brand is exclusive selling ethically produced and organic luxury products sold at quite high prices so with my budget for beauty items I really regard any purchase as a treat. However, when I was nearing the end of my lotion I realised I badly wanted some more and so I visited their online store.

The website is very well designed with a menu on the main page which is easy to use. Navigation through the site is also simple with products arranged by type of item like shampoos or hand lotion or in categories such as 'Mother & Baby' or 'Bath & Body'.

The brand have a wide range of items for body care. They also have aromatherapy products and make-up items. I would say the brand cater for women and for women with infants as they have an extensive baby care section too.

The ingredients and pedigree of each Neal's Yard product is very impressive. The brand use a host of 'special' natural ingredients to create their unique and desirable products. The last moisturiser I purchased contains olive oil, pumpkin seed oil, aloe vera, geranium and orange for a heady blend of luxury. You'll find a unique exotic blend in every item.

Ordering requires registration with the site although this is a simple set up. Delivery is free if your order is over £40 and if you only buy a couple of items this is probably how much you should expect to pay. Items under £40 unfortunately incur a delivery charge of £4.95 which I think is unreasonably high.

I can't fault the service from the firm. The online shopping experience is as pleasant as shopping in one of their high street stores. I certainly feel like a valued customer when using the online service. I'm impressed by the speedy and professional service as well as the contact from the brand throughout the buying process. I would definitely use the site to buy items again and would recommend it to any lady who adores luxury body care items.

• McAfee Internet Security / Utility / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.05.2015 09:34

Advantages

• "Works in the background"

Disadvantages

Protects Against Online Threats...

I recently purchase a new laptop with McAfee already installed on the computer. I was also given a free activation for a year with the purchase so all I had to do was enter my activation code to be fully protected. Initially I actually intended not to use this software due to having free protection from Kaspersky provided by my bank.

I therefore attempted to remove the software and install Kaspersky. When I did so my brand new computer (running Windows 8) basically shut down and even gave me a black screen at login. The McAfee product would not uninstall immediately and it took five attempts before it seemed to have uninstalled. The computer then hiccuped and stuttered for two days before I uninstalled Kaspersky and re-installed the McAfee.

It was a simple installation product with a direct and speedy download from the McAfee website. I had been provided with a little wallet from the retailer when I purchased the computer and this contains a little card with your activation key number so you have so keep this wallet safe in case you wish to install the software on other computers or devices like mobile phones etc.

What I've discovered so far in using the McAfee product is how little it infringes on my using the computer. It basically does it's work in the background, updating itself speedily and without fuss and then quietly informing me when an update has taken place. The software has been notable in that it is very active in warning against possible threats when online. These have included sites that might be dangerous, unsigned files, warnings about applications and software that wish to run when I visit a page and pop up blocking. The product also warns me about spam emails and will scan any removable disk drive for viruses and rootkits when I insert them into the ports on my computer.

Handily, when you first start using the McAfee software you are given a 'tour' of how to use the software. This can be very important if you want to keep on top of your virus protection. However, I do feel so far that the software is sort of self-regulating and it needs little input from me to do it's job properly.

Since re-installing the product I've had no further issues with my computer's performance but the fact that the software proved so hard to uninstall and then may have caused some problems with my new software installation is a bit of a concern to me so I have reduced a star for this. However, I'm finding it to be a very effective and unobtrusive virus software package at the moment.

• lizearle.com / Online Shop / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      03.05.2015 11:10

Advantages

• "Wide range of products"
      • "High quality products"
      • "Very good and professional service"

Disadvantages

• "Items can be very expensive."

A Wonderful Service & Great Beauty Products

I was introduced to Liz Earle skincare products a few years ago after a family member purchased me a product for my birthday. I had never used the brand before and I was very impressed by the quality of my product. So much so that when I was nearing the end of the product I started looking around to replace it and perhaps try other items from the same range.

Although I discovered that Liz Earle is sold in a few areas near where I live in certain department stores (such as John Lewis) I decided to visit the brand's website direct so I could have a more leisurely look at their products without being sale pressured into buying things I didn't want or need! The website makes it easy to purchase items without ever leaving the comfort of your home.

The site is very well designed with a clear menu and items categorised so that you can find exactly what kind of product you are after quickly and easily. The brand sell many different items, not just skincare as I imagined but also things like shampoos, gift sets and perfumes.

Liz Earle is an exclusive brand and as such the prices of most items is quite high. You can buy most products in different sizes though so if you are new to the brand it may be worthwhile just buying a very small 15ml sized item to test it out. Obviously the greater the quantity the more you pay and I am quite astonished to see prices for skincare items well into the hundreds of pounds price range.

Delivery is from £3.95 and you often qualify for freebies from the brand when you place an order direct with them. I do think the brand are very generous to their customers. The brand have a returns policy meaning that if you are unhappy with a product within 14 days of receiving it you can send it back.

I personally have been happy with my orders. I've only shopped with the site a couple of times but the process has been excellent and worry free. I do tend to be a bit more concerned when I'm paying more for a product but both the service and the goods themselves have been very high quality. I enjoy the rapport between the brand and myself and think they also have an admirable professional approach to dealing with customers. I would therefore definitely consider purchasing items again from the website. I would recommend the brand to ladies who love luxurious and unique beauty care items.

• Mars Bounty / Chocolate / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      03.05.2015 10:49

Advantages

• "Tastes fantastic"

Disadvantages

• "High fat content"

A Dreamy & Exotic Confectionary Bar

Manufactured by Mars this is a delicious chocolate bar which is widely available in the UK. I most recently purchased a multipack of these but they are also available to buy individually. You can also get them in varieties of milk and dark chocolate.

The bar is comprised of a creamy, moist and sticky sweet blend desiccated coconut which is covered in a layer of chocolate. The chocolate has a waved pattern along the top of the bar so is thicker here than the base. I adore that the base of the chocolate bar is stamped with the logo of the chocolate and a palm tree. It adds a touch of the exotic to the bar! The bar also comes in two smaller pieces in each pack and these are the size of mini bars so it makes sharing the confectionary very easy. The bars have a quaint rounded shape too which gives them a 'home baked' appearance!

In analysing my latest purchase I can say that each individual wrapper of the Bounty bars in my multipack have very little information printed on their wrappers. All the information is printed on the outer wrapper however. The milk chocolate variety has a blue and white wrapper featuring a dreamy beach and lush palm trees. The dark chocolate variety has a red and white wrapper.

The milk chocolate variety of the bar has 137 calories and 7.2g of fat per bar of two pieces. I personally have convinced myself that eating a Bounty is slightly more healthy than other chocolate bars due to the coconut ingredient although I may be just fooling myself!

I know that in terms of confectionary in the UK the Bounty bar is pretty unique. There is nothing else like it out there and it is a welcome change to the standard bars which often incorporate caramel and nuts. The Bounty bar tastes fresh and creamy and gives me the filling satisfaction that a dished dessert might give me. It's a heavy bar so it can definitely help ward off hunger pangs between meals. The texture of the bar is very appealing too. The coconut blend is both soft but with that slight crunch we expect from the flesh of a coconut. The coconut flavour blends with the chocolate to create a very seductive flavour which I believe would appeal to all age groups.

I will definitely buy this sweet again in the future as I find it to be a satisfying, filling treat. I would recommend it to both adults and for children too.

• globaltestmarket.com / Internet Site / 8 Readings / 8 Ratings
      01.05.2015 17:33

Advantages

• "Can earn from taking surveys"

Disadvantages

• "Can be screened out of surveys"

A Paid Survey Site...

This is a site for which members can answer surveys to accumulate points for which they can ultimately redeem for rewards such as vouchers or payment. I joined the site a few months ago and have been an active member in this time.

I am also a member of other survey sites and I find GlobalTestMarket to be a rather 'busy' site in which it's difficult to find surveys that suit you or which you won't be 'screened out' of.

I receive invites to take surveys by email. I would say that they email slightly more often than I would like. It's at least once a day but usually more often. Unfortunately most of the email invites I get lead to surveys in which I answer a few questions and then get told that I can not complete the survey as I do not meet the requirements or profile of the people they wish to answer the survey. It's annoying and time wasting and I don't feel it should happen when I had to fill in multiple surveys about me, my circumstances and my lifestyle when I joined so that I could be paired up to the right surveys!

The surveys are about a number of topics such as automobiles, consumer issues, home services, politics, food, medical issues and much more. Most of the surveys can be quite interesting as long as they are relevant to you and your life. You are awarded points for taking the surveys which accumulate in your account and which you can swap for rewards like Paypal payments or shopping vouchers when you have earned a certain amount. I am personally finding it extremely difficult to build up any points given that I am constantly 'screened out' of surveys.

When you do not meet the requirements of a survey the site fast tracks you to another available survey which I find annoying as I often don't wish to wade through multiple surveys that I may or may not qualify for. I also find it annoying that the surveys are all designed differently due to them being submitted by different organisations and they are often difficult to take due to technical difficulties which arise from the design.

The site reminds me a little bit of Toluna which is another site where I find it's difficult to actually find a survey where you can actually qualify to answer the questions! However, I'm still persevering as I've heard a lot of positives about the site from other members. I would only recommend to those who really want to try and make a little bit of extra

• Adidas.co.uk / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
        30.04.2015 16:51

Advantages

• "Can personalize items"
        • "Good quality items"

Disadvantages

• "Range of basics is limited"
        • "Quite expensive items"

A Range Of High Quality & Trendy Sports Gear

I often take part in sporting activities such as running, dance, aerobics and yoga but due to my body shape I find it difficult to find appropriate clothing for such activities. A couple of years ago I discovered that Adidas were a good fit for me but whenever I went to my local store or outfitter to replenish my gear they only ever stocked really small sizes. Eventually I decided to try looking through their online shop.

The shop sells clothes for men, women and children. Although the brand create clothes that have a sporty design a lot of them seem more like casual fashion clothing rather than sportswear. You can actually search specifically by the type of clothing you want by choosing a sport you are competing in. They also have a footwear section.

What I've discovered from shopping at the site is that they seem to have a more 'exclusive' and up to date collection of items than they seem to have in their stores or at any department store outfitter I've visited. These items seem to be so new that an price reduction is rare. I also think it's more difficult to find 'basics' on the site rather than gear that is very ornate with the latest in technology built into the designs.

I have purchased a few items from the site. I bought a pair of trainers which I was slightly annoyed to later find at another outlet for a good £20 cheaper. You can personalize many items on the site which is an attractive proposition but it costs quite a bit extra.I have also bought a vest and running leggings. Standard delivery is £3.95 but jumps up to £8.95 if you opt to personalize anything.

I'm happy with the quality of the goods. I think Adidas is one of the better sport's clothing brands out there and my gear does everything I need it to do when I'm exercising. The trainers I purchased are trail trainers which are quite difficult to come by unless you shop with a specialist and I'm impressed with the design, fit and durability of the shoes.

I will probably shop on the site again in the future as it's easier to find exactly what I need online rather than in my local store. However, the prices and lack of a wider choice of basics does put me off a little bit. However, I'd still recommend the site to anyone who is looking for quality exercise gear or for high quality, modern and trendy casual sport-inspired clothing.

30.04.2015 16:08

Advantages

• "Easy to operate"
        • "Good sound."
        • "Has answerphone"

A Great Cordless Telephone

I bought this phone a couple of years ago for just over £20 in a supermarket sale. The price was a real bargain as I now have a model that looks stylish, works well and can be operated quite easily.

The main headset comes with a small base unit which operates as an answerphone service. The base has a small control panel with a button that flashes red when a message is left. The answerphone also features a female voice who tells you when the call was made and how much answerphone recording time is left. The answerphone is internal and requires no tapes. You simply press a button to clear the storage and reset it. The base also charges the cordless handset. The phone and base are black and silver in design and I would think they would fit in well with most modern decor. The number pad on the phone is large as is the text on the display screen. The screen lights up a golden yellow colour when any buttons are pressed so you can read the text more easily.

The phone has some good features such as the ability to store your favourite phone numbers in a digital phonebook and access these numbers through pressing shortcuts if desired. The phone also shows the number of whoever is calling although mine occasionally says 'Private Caller' or 'Unknown', usually when it is a business number or a telemarketer! A log in the phone also registers whatever numbers are called, missed or answered. The calls are listed with time and date records but you have to manually set these when setting up the phone.

The package comes with other identical handsets (two) but smaller base units (without the answer phone controls) which you can plug in and use around the rest of the home. This is ideal if you have a large family or wish to use the phone often in more than one room. If not you can also simply store the handsets and replace the main one if it gets damaged or starts to look tacky. My main handset is slightly worn around the edges after using for a couple of years.

The phone has a choice of ringtones which are very audible and pleasant to hear. They also light up when someone is calling for a visual signal. They have a great signal and range and I can go quite far from the main base and still communicate clearly and strongly. I rarely have any issues with the phone in regards to quality of sound.

Overall this is an excellent phone and one which satisfies me in every way possible. I would recommend this model and similar models from this brand to anyone looking for an inexpensive great quality cordless house phone.

• lauraashley.com / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
        29.04.2015 15:41

Advantages

Disadvantages

Sells Furniture, Home Items and Clothing!

Until recently I only associated Laura Ashley with women's clothing but I recently discovered that they sell a lot of furniture and items for the home and that they have an online shop. When re-designing a couple of rooms in my house I needed some good window blinds as well as some items for storage. This site popped up when I was doing a general search.

The site is designed to be very easy to use and it has a main menu at the top from which you can search by item. They have categories such as 'Furniure', 'Fashion', 'Decorating' and 'Home Accessories'. You can then narrow your search down to a particular item or, which I found more helpful, search by which room you need the items for.

I bought a couple of blinds and a few storage baskets from the site. Ordering the blinds was a bit complicated since they require you to input measurements and choose trims etc. You can actually order swatches of the material to ensure you like the design before ordering, though, which is very helpful. Each item page also shows what other items the material is made in which is helpful if you want to co-ordinate anything. You can also see great close-ups of products which enables you to have a good idea of what something looks like.

The prices at Laura Ashley for items for the home are more expensive than I'd expect to pay at other stores although I do find the made to measure service for blinds and curtains invaluable. However, for other items I bought (the storage items) I would say I could have bought these cheaper elsewhere and perhaps should have done as the quality isn't obviously a lot better than cheaper brands.

Delivery is £4.50 to arrive within 3-5 days. The brand take free returns. Payment can be made by all major credit cards as well as Paypal. You can also set up an account to spread the cost over several months. I did not have any problems with my order and received it in good time and with the items in perfect condition. I'm happy with the quality of the items and in particular the blinds which look very exclusive. I would purchase from the site again.

• The Great Outdoors (DVD) / DVD / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
        29.04.2015 15:19

Advantages

• "Great performances"
        • "Very funny"

An Amusing 1980's Comedy Movie

As a child I really fell in love with the hilarious, cute, sweet and incredibly talented John Candy who left us far too soon. Although this film, 'The Great Outdoors' might not be the first movie people think of when you mention Candy - most people will probably say 'Uncle Buck' and 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' I personally adore this movie and it's one of my favourites of all time. I watch it every now and then to cheer myself up.

The movie co stars the equally amusing Dan Aykroyd and is written by John Hughes who is known for writing dozens of classic movies including 'Home Alone', 'Pretty In Pink', 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' and many more. The story concerns the petty feuding between two brother in laws when one couple gate-crashes the vacation of the other.

The holiday is at a cabin by a lake and the families find themselves embarking on many an adventure. There are some hilarious moments including a scene where Candy is trying to show his son how to water ski (despite not being an expert) when he is pulled onto the water on one ski. High jinx ensues when his family and spectators think he is performing some kind of amazing feat!

There are some very funny scenes involving the oddball locals too with memorable scenes and stories with some curious and darkly amusing jokes about lightning strikes, evil bears and secret military experiment centres. There is also a sweet sub-plot involving a teen romance between Chet's son and a local girl.

The warmth and good feeling I get throughout this whole movie means it can be watched over and over again. It's also a very different movie when you watch it as an adult and there are definitely some adult jokes and references in this. I would say it is still suitable for children today though.

Co starring Annette Benning and Stephanie Faracy this is a classic 1980's comedy (released in 1988) which is still very watchable today. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys lighthearted comedies and slapstick humour. It's also one of John Candy's best pieces so if you've ever liked him in anything else you won't be disappointed in this.

28.04.2015 16:25

Advantages

• "Defines and lengthens lashes"
        • Inexpensive

Disadvantages

An Amazingly Cheap But Great Quality Mascara!

I have recently been trying a few items from the Boots Natural Collection make-up section as I noticed that every single item in the range costs only £1.99! That's ridiculously cheap for a make-up item. I regularly use the brand's pressed powder and have recently discovered their amazing blushers. This latest purchase was also inspired by the fact that I was told it is necessary to change your mascara every three months to avoid getting any eye infections.

The brand have several mascaras to choose from but they all have the same outer packaging and colour scheme so be sure to check the label on the end of each mascara for both colour and variety before purchase. They have mascaras in shades of black and brown too. I purchased this 'Lash Length' variety because I prefer my lashes to look long and defined rather than thick and clumpy.

The mascara comes in an 8ml sized tube. There is a little bit of information printed on the side of the tube. The brand state that the mascara is "fragrance free" and that it has been "dermatologically tested" to ensure it's safe. The brand also state this mascara "defines and extends" lashes.

The wand has a brush which is shaped a bit like a corn head. It basically is thicker at the bottom and then tapers out to a thin end! The bristles are arranged in a spiral shape. The mascara loads onto the brush well and sits in the bristles quite thickly.

When I apply to my lashes the mascara is transferred easily and quickly. It does exactly what it says and doesn't cause lashes to be thick but paints them with colour right to the tips and makes them look longer and more defined.

The mascara doesn't crumble off or dry out. It also doesn't seem to run when in the rain so I'm very happy with my purchase. It is perfect for everyday use and it performs excellently for the price. I would definitely purchase this product again and I would recommend it to ladies who want a good quality lash lengthening mascara that is inexpensive.

• planet.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
          28.04.2015 10:11

Advantages

• " sophisticated clothing"
          • Classy

Disadvantages

• "Quite pricey"

Ladies Clothing For That Special Occasion!

Planet is an online website which sells mainly formal wear clothing for women. They offer clothes suitable for work and for special occasions such as formal parties, weddings and days at the races or other sporting events. I was recommended a visit to the site by a family member before her wedding when I was concerned I wouldn't fit in with the rest of the guests due to my lack of interest in popular fashion and conventional style. She told me I'd find something 'normal looking' on Planet!

I would say that the style of most of the items on Planet are quite sophisticated and to me they look as if they are aimed at more mature women. Even though I'm in my late thirties I did find myself rejecting a lot of items simply because they look more appropriate for my mother than for me! However, there are also a number of more suitable items for younger ladies. You can also see how each item looks as every item is shown in a picture where a model is showing it off. This is really helpful for things like dresses and skirts as the length is often important when it comes to your age.

The site sells dresses, jackets, coats, knitwear, tops, jerseys, blouses, skirts and accessories. I bought a dress from the site but I also browsed through the other categories. I would personally say that I think some of their goods are overpriced. Their scarves and jewelry, for instance, don't seem unique enough to warrant their high price tags. You should also expect to pay way more for basic workwear too such as plain black trousers. I think I would only ever purchase a 'special' outfit from this website.

During the ordering process you can engage in the site's 'Style Adviser' component to get an idea of what might suit you. I personally found this process to be unhelpful as I didn't like anything that was recommended to me at the end of the long questionnaire. However, it may be useful to some people to find out what will fit their body shapes.

The site accepts payments by all major credit cards and charges £2.99 for delivery but offers a free returns service. I was happy with the time it took my dress to arrive and was glad I did not opt for the £5 express delivery. I also did not use the returns service as I love my dress and the quality and style is fantastic and worth the price I paid.

I would definitely consider using the site again but only when looking for an item for a very special occasion. I would recommend to ladies looking for wedding and party outfits.

27.04.2015 21:05

Advantages

• "Gorgeous smell"
          • "Protective and soothing"

Disadvantages

• "Strange shape tube"

A Sweet Smelling Lip Balm!

I recently purchased this online as I often use lip balms but had never tried this brand before. I was only familiar with the brand Palmers as I had used their moisturising cocoa butter body cream previously and had enjoyed using the high quality product. I assumed their lip balm would be equally as good in terms of quality.

The packaging of the lip balm is very unique. It comes in a sealed paper and plastic sleeve first of all. Inside is a 15oz sized plastic tube which is oval shaped. It's a very odd shape for a lip product and I can't think of any benefit of this. The strange shape means it's more difficult to apply the balm.

The tube has a special winder at the bottom which pumps up the lip balm so you can apply it. You can then retract the balm back inside the inner tube. It may have just been a one off error but my lip balm arrived in a messy state. There was balm all over the inside of the lid as though the tube had been twisted up with the lid still on. There was also balm set in the end of the lid which I had to scrape out.

The lip balm formula is very appealing though. It contains Vitamin E for softening the skin and it also has SPF protection. Not only that but it has a delicious chocolaty aroma. The balm is a yellowy shade and melts against warm lips quite easily so you don't have to press too hard to apply it. It goes on not too thickly but well enough to protect the lips and to make them feel covered with a barrier of moisture.

The performance of the lip balm is really good. It stays on the lips a long time before I need to reapply. It seems to soothe and heal the lips too. It can also be used as a base for hard or dry lipsticks.

I only paid £1.49 for this lip balm which I feel is extraordinarily cheap for a respected brand and a high quality product. I personally would change the shape of the tube to a round one and also make sure that the balms do not have any faults though. Apart from those issues I think the lip balm is really good and would buy it again in the future. I would recommend to those who use lip balms often and especially to the ladies as the chocolate aroma of this one is very appealing!

25.04.2015 18:59

Advantages

• "Has pleasant fragrance"
          • "Is effective against perspiration"

Disadvantages

A Good Roll On Deodorant For The Ladies...

On a recent shopping trip to buy some body care products for myself I saw this roll on deodorant reduced to only 75p. It's manufactured by Vaseline and is called 'Aloe Fresh'.

The product comes in a pointed roll on bottle which stands on it's roller ball end. It has a couple of information labels on it. The label on the front says that the deodorant is infused with something called 'ProDerma' technology which cares for your skin. The brand also state that the formula is alcohol free which means it won't dry out the skin. The label on the back gives a list of full ingredients and directions for use. The directions state not to apply to irritated skin. I use this after shaving skin, however, and it does not cause any sensitivity issues.

The deodorant has a strong, fresh fragrance which reminds me of a flowery perfume. It's actually quite sharp and very feminine.

The consistency of the liquid deodorant is perfect as it can be applied to the skin so that it dries quite quickly. Although it looks white on the skin it dries to a transparent cover and doesn't leave any white marks on clothing throughout the day.

The deodorant is effective in stopping my from sweating heavily although if I exercise I do experience some wetness through the deodorant 'layer' although I would expect this with any other deodorant. If I do begin to perspire the pleasant fragrance of the deodorant protects me against unpleasant odours.

I would definitely buy this deodorant again and would recommend it but to women only due to the feminine fragrance.

25.04.2015 13:31

Advantages

• "Insightful and personal"
          • "Well written"

Disadvantages

An Interesting and Inspirational Read!

I am a huge tennis fan but I normally watch the ATP tour now rather than the WTA. When I do watch women's games it's often at the latter stages of a tournament and quite often one of the players involved is the amazing Serena Williams. Her dominance of the game is phenomenal and I was interested to know more about her, how she thinks and became the champion that she is and also what her history was and how she started in the sport.

I picked up a hardback copy of Serena's autobiography 'My Life: Queen Of The Court' at a local bookstore. In the book Serena describes how she and her sisters were guided into the sport at a young age and how their family lived around this training and the competitions. It's a fascinating insight into what makes a person become the dedicated, hard working and accomplished champion we see raise the trophies at the end of hard fought matches. Much of the story of course is also about Serena's sister Venus, who we can perhaps call the princess of the court. There is also some very personal revelations into the family situation and some insight into a terrible family tragedy.

What I enjoyed most about the book was reading what Serena says she was thinking and feeling when in certain situations, particularly on the court. It's a fascinating insight into what goes on in a player's mind when they desperately want to win. It makes viewing the sport much more interesting and dramatic knowing that these intricate thought processes are going on. It's also very inspiring to read such motivational thoughts and ideas. It has made me respect and admire Serena so much more but it has also made me look at my own attitude to life and accept that a defeatist attitude to any difficult situation is pointless and stupid.

The book is well written and easy to read. It is obviously only a small fragment of Serena's story, though, since she continues to have massive success on the court and as an athlete. I think prior to reading this I had underestimated the physical and mental effort it requires to be in Serena's position.

I would recommend the book to any sport's fans or tennis fans as it's a fascinating insight into the life of this sport's star.