cyberem78

• Comments

Member since: 15.09.2008

• Barclaycard / Credit Card / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      17.12.2014 17:22

Advantages

• "Good detailed statements"
      • Convenient

Disadvantages

• "Call line staff could be improved"

Spending Made Easy?

I first took out a Barclaycard Credit Card about thirteen years ago and it's the only credit card I use now. Over the years I have gone from having a regular card to a Gold card, a Graduate card and I now have a Platinum card.

I have had some issues with the card over the years. The first year I had the card I did not receive a statement and was charged £25 late fees for not paying on time. I believe this charge is now around £12. I have also had the card blocked after my spending was flagged as being unusual.

I have also recently been a victim of online card fraud. I do feel the way the issue was dealt with could have been much better. Firstly I didn't receive notification that my card had been stopped. Then when I rang the company the member of staff spoke in very poor English. He went over my transactions with me but actually rounded up some of the transaction amounts to the next pound which was extremely confusing! He eventually confirmed all of my authorised spending but somehow failed to tell me about the fraudulent transactions and then reactivated my card, allowing the fraudulent transactions to go through! I eventually got this sorted out and the company sent me a 'claim form' which I had to fill in and return. They agreed the card details had been stolen and deleted the transactions from my account within a month of the event. This limited my stress about the matter a lot!

I have had no other problems with the card. I get a monthly statement by email. This is encrypted so you need a password to access a PDF file. Then you can pay in a bank or online. The statements are always very well written with full information about when and where each transaction took place.

These credit cards are of course widely accepted and are convenient to use. You can withdraw cash from an ATP with these cards but I believe there is a small charge to do so. I personally do not use my credit card in this way.

I would definitely recommend this card to anyone. I have found that the bank are very helpful in giving you a card that suits your needs. The company are generally very easy to deal with although some call centre staff need some extra training, in my opinion!

• Barclays Bank / Bank / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      17.12.2014 16:59

Advantages

• "Comprehensive Information provided about your accounts"

Disadvantages

• None.

I'm Happy To Stay With Barclays!

I have been a customer of Barclays bank for about 25 years. I hold a current account with them and I also have a Barclaycard credit card. I'm obviously very happy with the current account services as I have stayed with the bank so long!

I used to have a local branch near me but they closed a few years ago however there are still several branches within a few miles of me. I have always found staff in the banks to be very helpful and efficient.

I started using the online banking services about ten years ago and the online layout is very well designed and easy to navigate. Online services allow you to transfer money, pay bills, view account details, set up regular payments to a company and more. The company recently started using chip and pin system for their online banking. They sent me a card reader soon after the scheme began. However, it is an optional security level during login.

I receive a quarterly paper statement for my current account. It's extremely well presented with each transaction having full details printed for your records of exactly where the money has been spent or withdrawn and/or who has paid money into your account. I also receive a yearly statement with full details of money in and money out of my account and more details. I generally find them to offer very comprehensive details about my transactions.

I have a debit card linked to my current account. Contactless payment cards are available. I have had my card stopped a couple of times due to worries about security. It turned out to be nothing (just me overspending!) but it's handy to know that the bank are so quick to spot unusual patterns in spending and to take precautions to keep your money secure.

I would definitely recommend this bank to anyone looking to open a current or savings account as I feel it provides a great service to customers.

• Asda Smart Price Kettle / Kettle / 8 Readings / 8 Ratings
      16.12.2014 19:57

Advantages

• Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Water spills out of lid if upturned too much"

A Very Cheap Kettle!

I bought this because I wanted to take a kettle away with me on holiday. I actually ended up not using it and put it away in a cupboard. When my regular kettle stopped working recently I remembered I had this Smartprice Asda model stored away and decided to put it to good use!

The kettle comes boxed with a very limited information leaflet included as the instructions. There is, to be fair, little construction needed but I spent a long time trying to find out how to assemble the filter in the pouring lip! My tip is to align the peg-like clip on the filter with the central line of three raised ridges inside the kettle body. Make sure this clips in as my net-like filter came loose not long after I first set it up.

The kettle sits on an electrical base. It has a measuring line up the edge of the body which is tall and slim and it has a transparent strip so you can see how much water is inside. The lid of the kettle has a handy plastic lever which you can open the lid with. There is a little light up switch on the back of the kettle which lets you know when it's boiling and which flicks off automatically when it has boiled.

The kettle is not perfect though. After a few days use I made the mistake of tipping it over at a heavy angle when pouring coffee. The water does not stay inside the lid and in fact 'bleeds' out of the edges of the lid. So you have to be very careful when pouring the water out. The less water the easier it is to pour gently.

The kettle was only £5 and for this price I'm more than happy with the performance of the kettle. I didn't expect it to be perfect at £5 but I'm able to live with the fact that you have to watch how you pour out the water in case it spills out the edges of the lid. I would, of course, not recommend this kettle to anyone with kids or teens who may have started to boil up their own brew at breakfast time. I would also give a word of caution to the elderly who may not have a perfect grip on the kettle.

This is available at Asda stores and online.

• Avon Supershock Mascara / Make Up / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      11.12.2014 13:13

Advantages

• "Creates a dramatic look"
      • "Is not clumpy/flaky"

Disadvantages

• "Too heavy and thick"

Eye Make-up For Girls Who Like To Party!

I recently bought this from my Avon representative as I was looking for a new mascara and this one was on a special offer. It is normally £8.50 from either the catalogue or the online shop.

The mascara comes in a very large tube which holds 10ml of product. It's wrapped in a plastic label which needs to be removed. Ingredients and product information can be found on this outer label rather than printed on the bottle.

The mascara brush is long and thick. The brush design comprises of small, soft plastic 'whiskers' (on a straight, stiff brush) which are very close together. As you apply your lashes are squeezed through these bristles and coated with the mascara.

The brand state this mascara can award "extreme results". The mascara is very thick and has a sticky consistency. I have the shade 'black' and it looks charcoal grey until you apply it after which it looks very dark. The mascara goes on very thickly and feels heavy on the lashes. It makes my lashes stick together because the brush bristles are too close together. It gives volume without the definition. It pushes the root of my lashes together and makes them look like doll's lashes! The brand actually advise putting two coats on put there is no way I could! I would feel like I had cement on my lashes if I did this! One application of the mascara feels heavy enough and I can feel it on my lashes whenever I blink. It also feels grainy and uneven even though there is no signs of it looking clumpy.

The mascara has excellent staying power and doesn't flake off. It is also fine for contact lens wearers. It can be easily removed at the end of the day/night.

I would say that the overall effect of the mascara is to give a 'party girl' or fake lash look as it is quite dramatic and heavy. It's not a look I personally want to achieve very often and I hoped that this mascara could also be used for a more casual make-up face. However, it's tricky to apply this as a light coat. I also generally don't like the way it feels on my lashes as it's just so heavy and I am always aware of it being there. I would not purchase this again but I would recommend to girls and ladies who are looking for a product that can create a very dramatic eye-make up effect.

09.12.2014 16:45

Advantages

• Cheap
      • Protecting

A Lovely Lip Balm!

I have recently started buying products from Avon because a representative started delivering the catalogue to my home. One of my latest purchases was this Avon Care Protecting Lip Balm which was on special offer for only 99p. I thought it was a bargain and because I use lip balms frequently I bought the item.

The balm is a stick balm and comes in a small plastic tube. There is a red label which is designed like a festive parcel with a gold ribbon across the middle. Full ingredients and other information is printed on the label which can also be peeled back to reveal more details. The tube has a securely fitted top which clicks on and off easily. The base of the lip balm has a ridged segment which you must twist to push up the lip balm from the inner tube.

The brand state this product will leave lips "softened and protected". The formula contains a blend of skin softening shea butter and luxurious almond oil in order to provide the best care for lips exposed to dry or cold conditions.

The balm is white in colour so it does not change the colour of the lips at all. It has a pleasant fragrance which reminds me of vanilla or shortbread. It's basically a mildly sweet scent which is very pleasant. I'd say the fragrance would be more suitable for a woman than a man.

The balm can be applied to the lips very easily and slides onto the lip surface with one swipe of the tube. It's adherent and gives wonderful coverage immediately. It doesn't feel too thick or sticky. In fact it almost feels invisible as it's so comfortable to wear the balm! It stops my lips from drying out or cracking which is something that often happens to me during winter. This balm is very protective and it's good staying power means that despite what I'm doing or where I am the balm stays put. There is only a small amount of transfer from my lips onto things like drinking glasses. The balm doesn't rub or wear off when I rub my lips together so it gives me hours of protection. My lips feel moist, healthy and comfortable.

The balm is versatile too as it can be used as a base for lipstick or gloss. Since it's transparent on the lips and not thick in substance it provides a smooth layer of waxy butter on which I can paint my lip colour.

I'm really pleased with my purchase and think this is an inexpensive little lip balm that I'm going to get a lot of pleasure from using this winter and the rest of the year. I would certainly buy it again and would recommend to ladies who use lip balms often. It is available through Avon reps or online.

08.12.2014 15:40

Advantages

• Cheap
      • Soothing

Got A Bad Cold?

I've got a terrible cold right now and a few days ago stocked up on a lot of cough sweets, painkillers and medicine to get me through the next week or so. I have used these Halls Extra Strong cough sweets previously. I mainly purchase them because they are one of the cheapest cough sweets available. I bought my latest pack in a 2-pack from a discount store for around 75p. The pack size is 33.5g with around 10 sweets per pack.

These are menthol flavoured boiled sweets which aim to help people with colds breathe more easily. I have always thought of these as being primarily aimed at clearing nasal passages rather than soothing a sore throat but the swallowing action combined with the warm menthol DOES help me personally to deal with a sore throat.

Since I last purchased these sweets they have changed shape. They used to be square with a deep crater indent in the middle with quite sharp edges. Now they are like a pillow shape stamped with the letter 'H' and are completely smooth and sleek. This is an excellent change as the sweet feels so much better in the mouth. When you suck a lot of these you need a soft edged sweet so that your tongue doesn't end up red raw!

The sweets have a sharp, menthol flavour which radiates from the sweet as soon as it starts to melt in the mouth. These are boiled sugar based sweets so they melt away slowly and have a sweet aftertaste. They start to work immediately on insertion into the mouth with a vapour action enabling you to breathe more clearly and calmly. I wouldn't say that the vapour action prevents a blocked up nose or a cough but it certainly allows me to get a deep, less painful breath. It soothes my throat because I am constantly swallowing and the menthol feels both warm and cool at the same time along the lining of the throat. It is very satisfying!

Full ingredients are listed on the side of the pack and they are marked as being suitable for vegetarians. The pack has a numerical code on the side which lists the numbers 1-5 with the 5 being circled to show that these sweets are high strength menthol. They are suitable for age 6 and over.

I personally feel these Halls Extra Strong sweets offer as much cough and cold relief as any other lozenges and yet they are probably the cheapest on the market. I will therefore buy them again in the future and would recommend them to anyone else who is unlucky enough to have caught a cold!

• Truprint / Other Service / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      06.12.2014 13:55

Advantages

• "You Are Helped To Design Projects "
      • "Wide Range Of Options Per Product"
      • "Good Quality Prints"

Disadvantages

• "Postage Costs"
      • "Hidden Costs"
      • "Problems with website"

Picture This!

I have used this website many times to order prints, photo mugs and photo books and although the quality of the prints has always been acceptable I find the website is a bit of a nightmare to use. I also find that the firm don't advertise their prices as clearly as they ought to so whilst you go through the process of ordering your items the price creeps up and up with no explanation of why!

One of my most recent orders with the firm was a soft cover photo book which I wanted to order as a gift. To use the site you first must register with full details. Then you need to upload any personal photos you wish to use. These photos are stored in online 'albums' and then you can choose which of the individual uploads to use in your printing projects.

I find that the uploading process is hit and miss. Sometimes the photos load perfectly well and around half of the time I get an error message saying the photos haven't loaded correctly and to try again. If the photos are loaded up sometimes the album does not appear in the list of available accessible albums so you have to go back to the homepage and begin the project from the beginning so that your new uploads can be recognized!

On many printing projects the photographs are truncated with no opportunity to move the photo around so that vital parts of the picture are shown in the available space. This obviously means that the quality of the design overall is lowered.

I also ordered a photo mug from here recently. I'm pleased with the quality of the mug material, the printing and design options available. I also like that the process is so simple. There is a 'wizard' style program that can basically design the mug for you - although it allows you to play around and organise the position of photos on the mug as well as choose font style and background colours until you have the perfect item.

What is wonderful about this firm is that you can pay by Paypal as well as the usual credit and debit card options. It's a very easy way to pay and I feel it's a safe way too.

The speed of which orders are processed is quite impressive although delivery costs are included and vary according to what you have purchased. I usually only pay around £1.99 per order though so it's still quite a low postage cost.

I would certainly use this site again but I do feel that there are some problems with the way uploads are organised and processed on the site. However, I'm happy with the items I've received so far from the firm and am happy that they are delivered so swiftly.

• Pedigree Jumbone / Dog Food / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      05.12.2014 10:07

Advantages

• " vitamins and minerals"
      • "Rich in Omega 3"
      • "Dogs Enjoy Them"

Disadvantages

• "Not always long lasting"

My Dogs Love These!

I have two medium sized dogs (15kg and 25kg in weight) and enjoy feeding them treats to keep them occupied and to make them feel happy. One of the brands I often purchase treats from is Pedigree since my dogs always seem to love the products they make and there is a variety of fun treats available.

One of the products I occasionally buy are these Pedigree Jumbones. The reason I only get these now and then is because they are large sized treats. I have, in the past, attempted to cut the Jumbones into smaller pieces but it's extremely difficult to do this as the product is quite thick and tough.

The 'bones' are little logs comprised of cereals, meat and animal derivatives as well as seeds and herbs. They look a bit like a bone with marrow inside. You can buy these in different flavours but I most often buy the 'Beef' variety. You can also buy the Jumebones is a mini variety for smaller sized dogs or for dogs that have difficulty chewing or have special diet requirements. The bones are made to look like a creamy skeletal bone filled with moist marrow! They have a very rich, meaty aroma which my dogs love!

Pedigree state that these products contain "omega 3" to help your dogs stay "fit for life". The Jumbones also contain essential vitamins and minerals and have no artificial colours or flavours. Despite being low in fat the bones should be limited according to the body weight of the dog. This information can be found on the pack.

My dogs enjoy this product very much. My oldest dog has a small mouth and tends to take longer chewing the Jumbone. However my larger dog, who is a spaniel, can devour one of the bones in about 30 seconds. So Pedigree's claim that this is a "longer lasting treat" is not true in all cases! I do notice that the Jumbones require some serious chewing though. My dogs like to get them between their paws and attack with their jaws. It's great for helping to keep their teeth in good condition. It also makes them concentrate and gives them something interesting to do for a little while. I love to see their faces light up when I hand them one of these Jumbones and watch them take it, go and hide in a private corner and finish it off. There can be a little bit of mess less after they have finished eating but they are just like dry crumbs which can be vacuumed or picked up easily.

I will definitely buy these again and would recommend to dog owners who want to give their pets a tasty treat that they'll have fun devouring! You can get 2 large Jumbones for about £1.60 at major supermarkets which I feel is a reasonable price.

• L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick / Make Up / 9 Readings / 9 Ratings
      02.12.2014 09:35

Advantages

• "Lovely shade and effect"

Disadvantages

• "The case is fragile"

I'm Getting Lippy!

I bought this because I wanted to treat myself and I thought this looked like a nice colour lipstick from a brand that is often endorsed by some of my favourite female celebrities. The specific variety and shade I'm reviewing is the L'oreal Color Riche Made For Me Naturals in shade 232 Cashmere.

The lipstick comes in an attractive gold casing which has a rectangular shape. I really liked the case at first but as I began to use the lipstick I started to see some problems with it. The top of the case can only be replaced one way as it has a click-in tab on one side.It's time consuming to have to line up the base and the top every time. The case also appears to be quite fragile as mine has cracked down one side. My base also rattles as if something has come loose inside of it!

You must twist the base to push up the inner lipstick product. The lipstick has a slanted edge and is mildly scented. The Cashmere 232 shade is a brown shade with a golden shimmer. It actually looks like it would be a much darker colour but once it is on the lips it isn't as deep and dramatic as you might imagine it to be. The colour thins out and it has a reddish-orange tinge to it whilst the sparkles are tiny light reflecting particles that glow gold and silvery. I personally am happy to wear this colour both during the day,for special occasions and at night time. I feel it's quite versatile because it's not a statement colour but it looks quite glamorous and it makes me look healthier and happier.

The lipstick has a nice consistency which allows me to apply it directly to dry lips should I choose to do so. You can also apply a balm beforehand if you want a less precise application. I find the lipstick feels just okay on my lips. It feels like it is protecting my lips from dryness and chapping but it also has a slightly greasy feel and I'm not overly keen on the tacky feeling I notice when pursing my lips together.

The staying power of this lipstick is not as good as I hoped. Due to the greasy consistency of the product the colour slips off the lips and transfers easily onto things like drinks and food. I do find I have to re-apply this throughout the day.

Overall I really like this shade of lipstick as I feel it suits me and it makes me look bright and alive. Things I would change about the lipstick are the case and I would also like the lipstick to be a little bit longer lasting. This cost me around £7 which I think is a good price for a big brand name. I would try other shades in the range and would recommend to ladies who like to try different make-up items.

01.12.2014 16:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

Look At My Lovely Lips!

I like to try new make-up products and I had seen the Boots No.7 range advertised so I decided to try a lipstick in their range. I opted for the Stay Perfect in the shade 15 'Gay Geranium'.

The product comes in a long plastic case which is slightly different to most other lipsticks I've used. This is a long and thin lipstick which looks very sleek and sexy. The base of the outer case widens out to allow to put the lipstick on a flat surface. It has a secure fitting top. It is a little bit weightier than some of my other lip products but still easy to carry around in my handbag. You must twist the base of the case to push up the lipstick. I find the amount you need to twist is rather more than I'd like - around 4 times is required to elevate the inner stick.

The 'Gay Geranium' shade is a strong, gaudy orange. It's very dark once applied and it's very striking. If you are unsure about bold shades then this is not for you! This colour looks best with a full face of make up as it's definitely not a natural shade and it really makes the lips stand out.

The lipstick formula is quite dry and although you can apply it directly to dry lips I prefer a slick of lip balm just to make application a bit smoother and more even. The lipstick is one of the more long lasting products I've used recently and it has great staying power - even when I've been drinking hot beverages, eating messy lunches and chewing pens the lipstick remains with only a small amount of transfer onto other items. The brand actually state that it provides up to 8 hours of coverage (as well as hydration) and I wouldn't argue with that. My lips feel comfortable wearing this product and they are not too dry, sticky or heavy.

At 9.95 I think this is priced quite reasonably and would be happy to buy another shade from their range of 15 colours. I would recommend to women who need a lipstick that will stay put during the day or night and who are looking for a lipstick product that really makes a statement.

This is available at Boots stores or from the online shop:

• MAC Lipstick / Make Up / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
        01.12.2014 16:05

Advantages

• "Unique Shade"

Disadvantages

• "Softens over time"

Best For Lucious Lips?

I've had a MAC lipstick in the variety 'Frost CB 96' in my collection for a while. I bought it because of all of the recommendations for this brand from friends and family. I've also used other products in the MAC range and although I find them a bit expensive I know the quality is usually very good.

The lipstick comes in a 3g or 0.10 oz sized stick. The outer packaging is a sparkly black plastic capsule. This has a silver interior printed with the logo which you grip before twisting the base to push up the lipstick. The lipstick is lightweight, easy to carry around and has a secure fitting top.

The variety I have is a 'Frost finish' lipstick. It's labelled as being 'Frost CB 96 A11' on the bottom of the lipstick case. The shade is an orangey-pink with a golden shimmer. It's very shiny and reminds me of sunlight bouncing on the surface of snow. The term 'frost finish' might make you think of 1970's style lip fashions but this MAC product is bang up to date. The 'frost' effect merely brings depth of colour and a vibrancy and brightness to the lips. I like the way that the colour seems to move with the light source so the shape of your lips seems enhanced.

The lipstick is very easy to apply and is quite soft so you can apply to dry lips. Once on the lipstick has very good staying power. It doesn't feel too thick or sticky. However, there can be some transfer onto other surfaces like drinking glasses etc. The formula of the lipstick has caused mine to become a little squidgy over time and the product has sweated even though I have stored it at just room temperature. My lipstick has also squashed up a little inside the case and looks a bit messy. Since it has softened over time it has become slightly wobbly when applying, which can make the application process more difficult.

However, I do really like the way this lipstick looks and feels on my lips. I think this orange shade would suit every skin tone although it probably stands out for brunettes. I think the lipstick is quite versatile as the pearly sparkle is quite jazzy and you could wear this for a party or night out but you could also wear it through the day as the shade is quite a cool shade of orange.

This lipstick cost me around £15, but I bought it outside of the UK so it may not be widely available now. I do think it's quite expensive and have used lipsticks that are much cheaper that performed almost as well. However, I think if you want to treat yourself and are looking for a unique lip colour and effect then this may be suitable for you!

30.11.2014 17:25

Advantages

• Effective
        • Cheap

Disadvantages

Time For Another Nail Colour!

I quite often use nail polish but as soon as it starts to look scratched or chipped I want to remove it. I want to remove the polish as quickly and effectively as I can without damaging my nails with harsh chemicals. I have used many different brands of nail polish removers but I recently saw this Superdrug own brand Nail Polish Remover. You can identify these Superdrug products as they are sold exclusively by the chemist chain and they also carry a distinctive silver star logo.

I bought a 250ml bottle of this polish. The product I bought comes in a semi-opaque plastic bottle with a twisting top. Product information is printed on the label. As with all Superdrug products this is BUAV approved and is suitable for vegetarians.

The product is only suitable for real nails, not artificial nails, and the directions for use are very simple. You simply apply the clear liquid to a cotton ball or pad, place on the nail for a second to saturate the surface and then wipe away.

The nail polish remover formula is thin and watery. It has a very acrid smell and I recommend not inhaling near the bottle top or near to where you have dowsed your cotton wool. It's a scent that can stick in the throat. The nasty small actually dies away when you have removed the polish and the nail surface has dried. There is no need to wash your hands after use.

I'm satisfied at how quickly and effectively the product performs. I have a lot of different types of nail varnish with different thicknesses and styles and this remover manages to take off all of them. It does not remove the underlying stain from very dark shades unfortunately. I also sometimes see the glitter from sparkly polishes left on the surface of the nail but this is mostly because the particles are too small to remove.

My nails look and feel good after using this remover. They are in good condition use after use and actually feel a little softer and less brittle after using this product.

I would definitely buy this again as I feel it does what it's supposed to do and I like that a 250ml bottle is only £1.09. This is a slight saving on other brand products. This is available at Superdrug stores now and you can also buy online. It is also available in mini 50ml sized bottles which are handy for trips.

• Tyrozets / Pain Relief / 7 Readings / 7 Ratings
        30.11.2014 12:40

Advantages

• Effective

Disadvantages

• "Quite pricey."

Numbs The Pain!

I came down with a sore throat and congested chest last week and I resorted to the usual medicines, pain killers and cough sweets but nothing seemed to work. I then was given these 'Tyrozets' by my local pharmacy who said they were really effective. I wasn't sure what they were at first as I'd never heard of them before. They are actually throat lozenges that contain anaesthetic to "numb throat pain" and antibiotic to "fight throat infection".

The product I have comes in a box which is designed like a box of painkiller tablets. Inside the box is two plastic tubes each filled with 12 lozenges. These tubes are lightweight and easy to carry. They are fitted with a plastic cork style top which must be prised off - this might be difficult if you have any issues with your hands such as arthritis.

Each tube is printed with product information and there is also an information leaflet inside the box. The product is marked with warnings about taking too many lozenges. Basically, these contain benzocaine and tyrothricin and adults may take one lozenge every three hours and not more than 8 lozenges every 24 hours. Children over three must not take more than 6 every 24 hours.

The lozenges are flat pink discs of a chalky substance. They feel smooth to touch and once in the mouth they start to melt and feel soft and not dry as you might expect. They have a nice flavour, sweet and a bit like strawberry but quite mild. I wasn't sure the lozenges would soothe my throat since there was no syrup or menthol but in fact the formula means that as you swallow your throat goes numb. This alleviates a lot of pain. Of course, your tongue and roof of your mouth also goes numb which is a bit weird! However, the benefits are very obvious.

One lozenge lasts me about ten minutes and probably dissolves quicker than your average cough sweet (like a Locket or a Soother). However, the degree of numbness means that the effects of pain relief lasts longer than that of other cough sweets.

I'm very pleased to have discovered these Tyrozets. They are available over the counter at pharmacies such as Boots and Lloyds and cost around £3.59 for a pack of 24. Obviously, because these contain powerful drugs you must talk to your pharmacist or doctor prior to taking them in case they are not suitable for you. I would recommend to those who are finding it difficult to get pain relief from other sources.

27.11.2014 16:32

Advantages

• Effective.
        • "Easy to apply."
        • "Nice fragrance."

Disadvantages

• "Lids are a little loose."

Zaps Bacteria!

I bought this product during the year prior to undertaking a leg of travelling. I thought that it would be a good idea to use an antibacterial product on my hands especially since I had recently had a 5 week stomach bug caused by a transfer of nasty bacteria. I noticed these whilst shopping in my M&S Food shop. They were only £1 for a 50ml bottle and I thought they were perfect for my needs.

The product comes in a clear plastic, recyclable bottle. This is designed like a mini shower gel bottle with one flat end with a hole to hook the bottle somewhere whilst the lid is the base of the package. The lid is a flip style which is easy to open. Unfortunately I've found that the lids on these don't always click back into place securely which makes me worried about the product spilling during transit.

The label is printed with full ingredients, directions for use and some product information. It is marked as BUAV approved (not tested on animals). The brand say this kills 99.9% of all bacteria but stress it is not suitable for children.

The gel is a light blue colour and is described as being 'lemon' fragranced. The gel is quite thick but begins to gradually melt when it touches warm skin. It is easy to rub in and feels smooth and soft. The gel dries quite quickly and there is no need to rinse off. A few drops is enough to cover both hands all over. This gel gives me the benefit of making my skin feel soft and moisturised, which is something I didn't expect from an anti-bacterial gel!

The gel has a very sharp fragrance which is exactly like citrus and which smells like a sugary lemon drink or lemon meringue rather than an acrid household cleaner! The fragrance is rather nice and is strong so you can smell it on your hands for a long time after applying the gel.

I've found this gel to be very reliable in protecting from nasty bugs and I feel very confident and content when using it that I'm not going to fall ill. I think the product is reasonably priced and would definitely purchase it again. I would recommend to those who feel like they need to do their best to remain healthy and bug-free, particularly during these colder months. The product can be found in M&S stores and I found mine in the Food section of the store.

27.11.2014 16:12

Advantages

• "Easy to use."
        • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Strange smell."
        • "A little bit runny."

Stay Healthy This Winter!

I recently bought this Antibacterial Gel because a family member had a cold and I wanted to take as many precautions as I could in order to not catch the bug. The hand gel was on sale at Asda for only 75p with the branded products being from £1 so I thought I'd take a chance on this.

The product comes in a small 50ml transparent, recyclable plastic bottle. It is fitted with a flip up lid which is very easy to open and close. The lid is secure when closed so it's safe to carry the product in your handbag or pocket.

The labels on the bottle state that the product "kills 99.9%" of bacteria. The brand say that the liquid gel "cleans without water" and is "non sticky", drying in just seconds. They call the gel an "alternative to washing hands" and also point out that the gel can eliminate odours on the skin too.

The gel itself is clear and more runny than I would have expected. It certainly has a more watery base than other hand sanitizers I've used. It also seems to melt from a gel into a thin watery liquid very quickly. Only a few drops are needed to cover both hands back and front. The gel can be rubbed over the skin easily dur to the thin consistency. It takes a little bit longer to dry than other hand gels I've used but it's still an acceptable length of drying time.

The gel has a rather chemically, sharp fragrance which is rather unpleasant immediately after application but which dulls and then smells much nicer. It's difficult to identify the fragrance but it has hints of flowers and sherbet. This scent lingers on the skin for a long time after rubbing the gel in.

The brand claim this gel was successful in eliminating bugs such as E.Coli and S.aureus. I'm pleased to say that since I've been using it I have not become ill. I have used the gel whilst travelling by train too and have confidence that it is helping to ward off these nasty bugs. It is especially a comfort to me in these winter months when I feel there might be a greater chance of falling sick.

Overall this is a good little hand gel that does the job. It's perhaps a little wetter and sloppier than other gels and perhaps not as nicely fragranced but I think for the price it is good enough. I would buy this again and I would recommend to others who have the same concerns about staying healthy.