cyberem78

cyberem78
  • Comments

Member since: 15.09.2008

18.04.2015 15:26

Advantages

• "Offers different levels of cover"
      • "Good price"
      • "Easy to arrange"

Easy To Deal With For Ideal Holiday Insurance

I almost always use the Post Office for my holiday insurance as I feel they are a firm that are reliable and accessible. The insurance is also very easy to arrange and the cost has always seemed fair and transparent.

The firm, which has been branded the "Best Travel Insurance Provider" by the British Travel Awards for 8 years running, offer single trip insurance, annual multi-trip insurance or backpacker insurance for individuals and families.

There are five levels of cover to opt from when taking out insurance. I think the cheapest single trip insurance starts at £2.05 per day. The price is also dependent on what you intend doing on holiday (ie. are you intending to do any special activities such as skiing) and also on your age and level of health.

You can get a quote online by answering some questions about your trip and yourself. At the end of the process you are shown the five different cover options as well as the cost for an annual multi-trip cover. You can also visit your local branch of the Post Office to buy the insurance. The insurance policies cover things like travel delay, medical bills, legal expenses, baggage loss, cancellation and more.

I've always found the paperwork very easy to understand with limited requirements about what I need to print off and keep with me so I'm not weighed down by mountains of documents! It's very easy to see what you are covered for if you use the online tool to arrange your policy. The details are set out in a grid which tells you up to how much the cover is for each element. If there is no cover for this level of the policy it says 'No cover' and is very easy to understand.

I've never had any problems with this insurance company and I would recommend it to anyone looking for comprehensive cover whilst travelling and holidaying.

17.04.2015 12:14

Advantages

• "Effective quickly"
      • Soothing

Disadvantages

• "Can 'burn' skin & gums"
      • "Tastes horrible"

Soothes Toothache Fast!

A few years ago my pet dog jumped at my face trying to kiss me and cracked my front tooth. The nerve was slightly damaged and before I could see a dentist my mum advised trying to reduce the pain I felt by using clove oil. She gave me a small bottle which she'd had for a while and I applied it to the tooth using a cotton bud. The relief was instant and I was able to use this to calm the nerve sensations in the tooth for the next couple of weeks while the injury calmed down.

Until recently I did not need to use clove oil but I recently had toothache caused by a cavity and the pain was quite sharp and unpleasant. I did not have any clove oil and I honestly thought that it wouldn't be available as to me it seems like quite an old fashioned solution to tooth pain! However, I was amazed to find out that clove oil is still sold by major chemists such as Boots. The Boots product costs £2.99 for 10mls and comes in a small glass bottle that will fit into your bathroom cupboard. The product also has a long shelf life so you can use it time and time again if needed.

The clove oil is a thin, watery yellow liquid and has a very pungent smell which is repellent. You literally only need to soak the end of a cotton bud and then hold it on the tooth surface for a few seconds for it to be effective. You can also use a wiping motion over the tooth. I would advise avoiding the cheek or lip area when applying though as it can leave a burning sensation. The flavour of the clove oil is also quite hideous and makes you want to spit out the taste!

The soothing effect of clove oil can last for hours but it's no substitution for seeing a dentist so you need to book your appointment to see someone straight away (no matter how scary it is!). In the meantime, however, this is probably the best toothache pain solution there is!

• Pet insurance / Pet Insurance / 7 Readings / 7 Ratings
      17.04.2015 11:52

Advantages

Disadvantages

Protect Your Pets!

I have two dogs which I insure with the Kennel Club. They were formally called Crufts Insurance but have recently been taken over by another insurance company, Agria. You can still apply via the Kennel Club link.

My experiences of owning pets has told me that having insurance can be very helpful. All of my last six dogs have had tumours and required surgery for these as well as tests to check for malignancy. As well as this I've had a dog that fell down a hill whilst chasing rabbits and impaled herself on a broken tree trunk. She required two lots of surgery to remove debris and have stitches. One of my dogs also managed to get a grass seed embedded in his neck and this required surgical removal after it caused a cyst.

It's these larger unexpected issues that pet insurance is most helpful for. I've had to take my dogs to the vets for many minor conditions too such as eczema, ear infections, eye infections and other issues but because with my policy you have to pay the first £50 of any charges and then can only claim a percentage of following charges the amount you'd get back is almost negligible for me so I usually don't bother putting a claim in. I also worry that the charges will rise with every claim.

As my dogs have gotten older the policy charges have increased dramatically. It started out at £17 when they were puppies and I'm now paying around £27. It's quite a lot of money but I worked out that the cost of my two dog's operations combined was still more than I'd paid in insurance costs. It's a comfort knowing that if anything happens to your pet you are protected.

I've had no problems with my insurance company and they have been helpful and courteous when I've contacted them. I've had all of my claims be successful after working with my veterinary surgeon to have forms signed and offer full explanations of why a particular treatment has been necessary.

I'd recommend that anyone with a young animal insure it as soon as you get your pet. This way you can be sure that you will be able to treat your pet should it have an unfortunate accident or come down with an unexpected illness.

17.04.2015 09:34

Advantages

Disadvantages

Tasty Dairy Free Chocolate Drink

I started drinking dairy free milks a few years ago. Dairy free drinks are now becoming more popular and I'm pleased that I'm able to find a chocolate flavoured drink in this 'Koko Dairy Free Chocolate and Calcium'. I have recently bought this product in both a 1 litre carton as well as a pack of three 250ml sized packed lunch sized cartons. The drink is best served refrigerated.

This drink is actually made of coconut milk combined with filtered water with added sugar and cocoa powder. It's consistency is quite thin and watery and when I first poured it out it looked very weak and light in colour. Make sure you give the cartons a good shake though as the powdery cocoa element tends to settle at the bottom of the drink. Even so, this chocolate drink is probably one of the thinnest in texture that I've used and I have tried several dairy free chocolate drinks. This thinness actually means the drink is more thirst quenching than a thicker milkshake might be. However, it also means you can sometimes detect the cocoa powder granules that haven't completely dissolved.

The flavour of the milk is absolutely divine and it's very moreish and addictive,hence my need to buy more of this after first tasting it! I have also had the strawberry milk version in Koko and with that one you can clearly taste the coconut milk as well as the strawberry but with the chocolate one the coconut flavour is drowned out by the strong chocolate flavours. It has a lovely aroma too which is like melted caramel and milk chocolate.

The drink provides vitamins D2 and B12 and has less than 2% fat. 100mls provides 61 calories and 1.9 g of fat. It also provides fibre and 120mg of calcium which equates to 15% of your recommended daily intake.

I would recommend this drink to anyone who can not tolerate milk products as well as to vegetarians and vegans. It's a delicious, sweet and satisfying drink to enjoy at any time of the day!

• forever21.com/uk / Online Shop / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      16.04.2015 15:38

Advantages

• "Cheap clothing"
      • "Unique designs"
      • "Lots of choice"

Disadvantages

• "Biggest size is UK 14"
      • "Site is American based"

An Interesting American Clothing Brand

I first heard of this brand when I saw a top being worn by an actress on an American television drama and searched for the brand of the top online. I discovered it was made by this brand, an American clothing company catering for women, men and girls.

I would say this brand aims for customers aged around 13- 26 with only a few items here and there being suitable for anyone outside of this age range! I'm actually much older than their target customer but some of the items they have on the site are just so unique I can't resist them! The brand also has a really great reputation stateside so it's exciting to feel part of this fashion movement!

The site is well laid out with clear pictures and information about all products available. One problem tends to be with the sizes. They usually give the sizes as a US size S, M or L and you have to check the size chart to find out the UK equivalent. I think they ought to change this so that it's easier for the UK customer. Another issue is that their Large size is equivalent to a UK size 14 and unless you shop their 'Plus size' range then that's their biggest size! This means you have to be quite small to be able to wear their clothing! The 14 in the tops just fits me and I tend to wear size 12-16 tops.

Delivery charges are enforced at £3.95 per delivery which seems to be about standard for many firms nowadays. My parcels arrived in a reasonable time frame and without any issues so I'm pleased overall with the actual delivery service. I'm also happy with the quality of the items I bought and the prices tend to be equal to what I'd pay on the high street. I'd say the prices are similar to stores like H&M.

I would shop at this website again as there is so much choice and some really unique and interesting fashion choices. However I do dislike the way the site is designed around the American base whilst it's also a concern about the size of the items, being on the cusp of the largest size, on whether they are going to fit or not. However, I'd still recommend the site to fashion conscious younger consumers, in particular to teenage girls.

• cancerresearchuk.org / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      16.04.2015 15:16

Advantages

• "Offers lots of advice and support."

Cancer Advice And Support

Cancer is a terrible disease but it's something I didn't really know anything about until a close family member was diagnosed a couple of years ago. I decided I needed to find out more information about the disease and the prognosis and when I did an internet search I was guided to this page for the Cancer Research UK charity.

The main page on the site is designed to appeal to those wishing to support or donate to the charity but the site is very comprehensive and the menu at the top of the page shows all of the page options. The 'About Cancer' tab is possibly the first place you'll want to visit if you are in the situation of just having received a diagnosis or you have a health worry. The site offers detailed information about all kinds of cancer. The information supplied includes causes, how you are screened or tested for the disease,symptoms, treatment and more. There is a special segment aimed at helping those diagnosed with the diseases through their treatments and advice on what to ask and how to cope. It's written with the patient in mind and it's a very helpful and caring guide to living with and dealing with cancer.

The online website also offers information about what the charity does in terms of it's research. It provides links and information to other organisations you may be interested in or need the services of. They also provide details of how to support them for both individuals who wish to donate but also to professionals in the research field. It's a very comprehensive website.

This is a great charity to support and it's obvious from the wonderful work they've done on their website that they are a caring, devoted, hard working and professional charity who deserve as much help as we can give them. I am so grateful to have found the site during a time when I felt quite upset and worried as it enabled me to learn about the disease and become prepared for the months ahead.

• Credit Card Fraud / Discussion / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      16.04.2015 15:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

Horrible Experience!

I've recently experienced credit card fraud and wanted to share what I have learned from the experience. I have been dealing with the issue for many months now since the fraudster actually signed up to several services on my credit card and I have had some issues in getting these payments stopped from running on a subscription basis.

It came as a nasty shock when my card was suddenly blocked and I got a call from Barclaycard to ask about several transactions. All the transactions they mentioned were mine so they reversed the block. Then the fraudster went to town and spent hundreds. It turns out they had first used a company that charges £1 to the card and then reverses it to see if the card is active. This transaction was not reported to me by the bank so be aware .

I have had to fill in several forms and sign them to say I did not authorise the transactions. I have also had to have a credit check to ensure my identity has not been used to apply for loans or credit cards. I used Experian for this and they only charge £2.

I have since learned a lot about card security. For instance it's not advisable to use your debit card online, use your credit card if you have to. It's also advisable to use indoor cash ATMs. I now check both my bank and credit card balances at least once a week. It's a bit of an inconvenience but worth it. I already was aware about keylogging programs but now I'm aware of just how sophisticated these scams are. I now never click on ANY links in an email to a firm that has my credit or personal details. I instead go to their main page instead. I also advise running one good main anti-virus program but also running removable programs like TDSSKiller or Microsoft Security Scanner in both safe mode and normal mode to find hidden rootkits and viruses. I ran four different programs on my own computer before finding a virus recently.

Ultimately you may not be able to prevent this from happening as it is quite common nowadays, unfortunately but if you take some precautions you can lessen the risk and put things right as soon as possible if it does happen to you.

• moonpig.com / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      15.04.2015 12:55

Advantages

• "Cards are printed & manufactured well"

Disadvantages

Say "Happy Birthday" In A Special Way!

Personalised cards businesses are now quite popular and there are many of them online now. I have been a customer of several of these companies and in my opinion there are a couple of them that stand out as providing a superior service than the others. Funkypigeon.com is one such site and this online shop, Moonpig.com is another.

Moonpig.com primarily sells cards but also has a large selection of great gifts and a fresh cut flower service too. Many of their gifts can be personalised with your own text or digital photographs but there are also luxury items such as alcohol and sweet gift boxes. There is also a gift section dedicated to kids. You can pretty much find a gift for any occasion and for any gender and age.

Cards at Moonpig.com are available for many different occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, congratulations as well as things like good luck cards, sympathy cards,seasonal events and special days such as Mothers Day. They have a really vast collection of designs from humourous to warm and fluffy or from arty to refined. They do feature some well known card designers like 'Me To You'. You can also choose to personalise some of the designs available with your own messages or photographs. You will need to be able to upload a photograph to use the service but it's a really easy process.

Whenever I buy a card from them I have it delivered to myself first to check it and sign it. What I like about Moonpig.com is that the cards are always very sturdy (thick paper or cardboard) and well made with clear and clean printing jobs. I have never had any problems with the firm and the deliveries of my cards has always been very quick and in the time frame they have specified.

The prices at Moonpig.com are acceptable but you should expect to pay slightly more than you would do for a card on the high street. You also have to pay a lot more if you want a slightly bigger card too. This is to be expected and I am happy to pay the prices asked.

Moonpig.com currently accept card payments and they also accept Paypal on their app but not on the desktop site. I intend to continue purchasing cards from the site and would recommend to anyone who buys a lot of cards for their loved ones, to anyone who enjoys personalised cards and is looking for a high quality print and service.

• Funkypigeon.com / Online Shop / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      14.04.2015 16:10

Advantages

• "Good quality print."
      • "Unique Designs"

Great Quality Cards For Every Occasion

Funkypigeon.com is a company that sells personalised cards, mugs, t-shirts and more. There is a particular emphasis on humorous designs and cards where you can upload your own photos and input your own text. I first started using the site a few years ago when there was a deal on which enticed me to become a customer. Once you shop with the site it's hard not to return since they offer such a great and simple service and they also help you to remember special occasions by sending you reminders.

The site has cards for almost every occasion you can think of including birthdays, congratulations events, seasonal holidays, good luck wishes, retirement, bereavement and much more. As well as their own brand they have a large 'Me To You' section as well and also features well known brands such as Hallmark.

It's fair to say that whenever I give or receive a Funkypigeon.com card this card always gets a lot of comments and discussion and where it's a joke card the humour is always very much unique. Some of the designs where you can upload your own digital photos are exceptionally clever and creative. There are things like photo collages, newspaper and glossy magazine mock ups, cards where you can put your head on another body including those of famous film and TV characters, wanted poster mock ups, movie poster spoofs and much more. There are so many options that I am always able to find something that suits the personality and taste of whoever I want to send the card to.

The service is really good and I'm very pleased with the printing quality of the cards. This is especially important to me after shopping with a rival company who really messed up several cards I'd ordered with them. To be able to have the cards looking like a high quality print with your photos clear and bright is essential to ensure the card is perfect and looks like you have spent a lot of money and effort creating it! In fact the process of creating your card is super simple.

I really like that once I have created my account that I get regular emails from the company with offers and event reminders too. It makes life easier and the whole process of ordering from this company makes me feel like I'm doing something special for a loved one.

I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a selection of unique cards and who wants great quality printing and service. This company has not let me down and I can spot a Funkypigeon.com card at a mile off they are so unique.

• Isme.com / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      14.04.2015 15:44

Advantages

• "Feature plus size items."
      • "Quick delivery."
      • "Big collection of clothing and other items"

Disadvantages

• "Delivery charges"

A Decent Catalogue Company

I was introduced to this catalogue firm by a lady who was petitioning new customers on the high street. Isme sell clothing for women, men and children and also provide other items such as electricals, home furniture, beauty products, toys, jewllery and more. I'd seen adverts for the catalogue on television but had assumed the style of women's clothing was not suited to me. However, I agreed to have a look at the catalogue. I have since purchased a couple of items from the women's clothing section in the online web shop which features their entire stock, set out in a way which makes it easy to compare products as well as to see the whole range.

In my opinion the majority of ladies wear at the catalogue is aimed at those aged 25 and over. There are many different designs to suit all tastes however, including an extensive collection of plus sized clothing which starts at size 14. The only issue with a lot of the plus size items is that they seem to come in a shared size such as 14-16 rather than just a 14 or a 16. This can make it difficult to get the fit of the item just right. The website makes it incredibly easy to find exactly what you are looking for by allowing a user to filter down their search results. If I was looking for a black dress, for instance, I could bring up their entire collection to look at. You can also search by brand. The variety of brands featured on Isme is impressive with names such as AX Paris, Bench, Amy Childs, Fearne Cotton, Firetrap, Fashion Union, Joe Browns, Lipsy, Rare and Superdry to name but a few.

To order you are required to register for an account. Delivery costs £3.95 which I feel is reasonable for a very quick service. Larger items may cost more though. You can also choose to collect your order at a Collect+ point near you although I've never done this. My deliveries arrived without any problems and my items were in good condition with all of the details I needed to understand my invoice and any return options should I want to send any items back.

Overall I'm happy with the service I've received from the catalogue and will probably shop with them again in the future. I'd recommend to ladies especially to those who wear plus size clothing as there is quite an extensive collection with Isme and the clothing is modeled well by plus size models so you can see an authentic picture of what items look like on.

13.04.2015 17:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

My Little Pony For The Bronies!

I actually received this figurine as a gift from someone who thought I might like it because I'm a huge cult and sci-fi nerd. I have had a lifelong love affair with My Little Pony as well as Dr Who and this combines these two things by creating a My Little Pony that (supposedly) looks like the David Tennant version of the Doctor. Prior to getting this figure I had actually seen these figures many times in the Forbidden Planet stores and I always thought they looked slightly freakish and very much like My Little Pony toys fashioned in a 'Manga' style and aimed at male bronies (adult My Little Pony fans). In any case the collection of figures is a far cry from the original My Little Pony conception.

The figure is made by Funko Pop and is approximately 4 inches tall. It is comprised of a heavy vinyl material which is not a full mold but rather more is comprised of different parts. There is a little bit of roughness and glue spotting on my figure in these sections but nothing dramatic and since I'm not a serious collector this doesn't bother me.

The pony has a painted white collar shirt and green tie 'suit' on it's chest as well as an egg timer symbol on his hips. The suit looks quite sweet. His eyes are large and dark and make the model look a little scary to me though! The face shape is also a bit like an alien rather than a pony. The spiky mane on the pony is quite funky and cute though. The pony also has a wry smile on it's face which makes it more lovable. It definitely conjures up the idea of Dr Who to me. This pony also has a back-story should you want to delve into the mythology of this line of My Little Ponys.

I use this model like a paper weight and it looks quite sweet sitting on my computer desk. I think it would appeal to a wide age group and to both genders. I haven't liked any of the other current models enough to purchase but I would definitely consider it. I would probably not buy this as a gift for either a Dr Who fan or a My Little Pony fan as the style of the figurine is just so strange it may not appeal to everyone.

• peopletree.co.uk / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      12.04.2015 17:33

Advantages

• "Wide choice of payment options."
      • Ethical
      • "Great selection of items"

Well Designed Ethical Clothing

Peopletree.com is an online website which sells clothing to men and women. The brand specifically offer items that are "sustainable and fair trade". They have a collection of designer brands on the site including Orla Kiely and Zandra Rhodes. They also sell accessories such as jewelry.

I would describe the style of clothing on the site as aimed at people aged 20 and over but primarily aimed at those aged around 25-35. There are clean cuts and obvious attention to detail in all of the items on the site. This is clothing for environmentalists but also for the upper classes. Similar brands are Boden and Esprit and in the women's section there is a Laura Ashley vibe to many of the pieces. Many of the designer brands feature items which are in trend and in demand.

The website is very easy to navigate and on each item page you get a great sense of what the item looks like as it is shown in multiple pictures both flat and on a model. You may also find a video showing the item being modeled. As well as this each item has very detailed care information and size charts.

This site is perfect for me as you can choose to pay by Paypal (as well as by credit/debit cards) which makes life a lot easier! Not only this but delivery is no extra charge and returns are also free making this a risk free purchase. The brand are very professional and their service is quick and of a high quality. They have a great reputation and an online network and you can do things such as read their blog as well as connect via social media.

The prices of items on Peopletree is quite high but they often do very good sales which brings the cost down considerably. The items I have purchased are very good quality but I appreciate that part of the cost is down to the production of the items. Items are handmade, fairtrade and often formed from organic materials. You can watch the fascinating clothes making process in a special video featured on the site. It makes you appreciate your clothes so much more!

I would definitely recommend this site to anyone who is looking for an ethical clothing site where the clothing is of good quality with unique designs.

09.04.2015 16:11

Advantages

• "Offers high protection."
      • "Cares for skin."

Disadvantages

• None.

A Moisturising Sun Lotion!

This essential sun protection lotion is available to purchase from major supermarkets as well as chemist chains like Boots and Superdrug within the UK. I personally bought this becasue I needed a strong SPF factor for my pale skin and this was on offer. It cost me just less than five pounds which is about average price for this sort of product.

The product comes in a bottle which has 200mls worth of liquid protection. You can dispense the liquid by sqeezing the bottle although you may need to tap the liquid to the dispensing end as it's rather thick and gloopy. The liquid itself is white and very much like a oily body lotion. It feels cool and silky when applying. It absorbs well into the skin leaving my skin feeling protected from the sun, moisturised and healthy. It also improves the way my skin looks as it gives a slight glistening effect to any dry areas too. Once applied it doesn't make my skin greasy or slippy.

You need to apply this just prior to going out into the sun and at regular intervals thereafter. It needs to be reapplied after any activity like swimming, exercise or if the lotion has been rubbed off my clothing or towels.

I'm happy with the level of protection this lotion offers me. I also like that I can use the lotion on my face and neck as well as all over the body. That versatility means I don't need to invest in a seperate SPF face cream. I also like that the lotion doesn't smell obviously like a sun lotion and rather more has a delicate, gender-netural, fresh fragrance much like a high quality body moisturiser. It means I can apply this on any occasion and not just when I'm on holiday or sunbathing!

The bottle has two labels on it which are printed with a lot of helpful advice about caring for your skin in the sun and how to use the product. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes a high SPF factor sun cream. It's suitable for both men and women.

• Sweet Peppers / Plant / 6 Readings / 5 Ratings
      07.04.2015 13:26

Advantages

• "Taste Great"
      • "Easy to grow in warm spots"

A Wonderful Plant To Grow At Home

Although I have been growing my own produce for many years now I did not consider growing sweet peppers until a couple of years ago as I mistakenly thought they would be too difficult to grow. I imagined they might need very hot conditions to thrive and I do not have a greenhouse. However, I decided to try and discovered that a warm windowsill in a medium sized plantpot provides the ideal conditions for pepper plants to grow.

I grow my plants from seed although you can also buy small plants if you want a head-start. It's easy enough to grow from seed though. I would recommend planting several seeds in one pot as not all of them will germinate. You can always thin them down afterwards or transplant some into another pot to grow several plants.

The plants don't take up a lot of space and I manage to be able to use just a medium sized house plant pot. They do like very warm spots though so make sure you have a window area that isn't open often and which gets full sun throughout the day. These plants also enjoy a lot of water although remember not to spray the stems and leaves which may burn if you place it in full sun.

The plants will flower when they reach a certain size and then as the flower dies off a fruit emerges in it's place. It's a very satisfying thing to grow your own food! The peppers can take a while to grow to full size and when they do you can pick them at your leisure. They will transform from green to red as they ripen. The peppers can be stored for a while before eating too.

I actually had an indoor plant this last year that was still producing peppers well into winter so you may actually get more out of the plants than you'd expect! I would recommend the Sweet Pepper Californian Wonder - a 17 inch tall plant that grows lush and fleshy fruits that mature early on. Home grown peppers generally have much more flavour than shop bought produce and it's a lot of fun to tend to the plants during the growing season.

• ebay.com / Auction / 5 Readings / 3 Ratings
      06.04.2015 20:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

Unusual Items Up For Grabs!

Ebay.com is an auction site for U.S sellers and U.S as well as international buyers. If you are a UK seller you should register with the Ebay.co.uk site otherwise you will be billed in US dollars. I actually was previously registered with this site as I joined the site many years ago and was not aware of the registration requirements and I only recently changed my account over to the UK site. You are able to do this by contacting a representative at Ebay who will transfer your account for you and it only takes a few minutes to do.

If you are a UK resident you can easily purchase items which are listed on this American auction site as long as the listing states that international shipping is available. Prices are obviously shown in US dollars but if you use Paypal to pay for anything you buy then there is no need to be concerned about converting the currency as Paypal do it for you.

There are lots of items on Ebay.com including clothing, household items and furnishings, toys, music and film (remember that many DVDs will be Region 1 and may not play on a European DVD player), furnishings, sports items, cars, electrical items and much more. I find the site useful as it often features items that are especially hard to find in the UK. It offers an easy way to buy and pay for such items. I should point out that if you also want to search for items in the UK it's a good idea to search from the co.uk site and set options to include search results from international Ebay sites.

Ebay.com's main page is set out like a digital magazine with regular features on a particular set or collection of items. It's a clever and helpful way to introduce ideas to the consumer about style, fashion or trends and it's also very inspirational. As a buyer I'm happy with the way the site operates and also with the quality of items listed. I would recommend the site to UK buyers who are looking for something specific that they might only be able to find in the U.S.