cyberem78

• Comments

Member since: 15.09.2008

• hotelchocolat.com / Online Shop / 7 Readings / 7 Ratings
      28.03.2015 11:41

Advantages

• "High quality chocolates."
      • "Huge Gift collection"

The Taste Of Luxury!

Hotel Chocolat is a company that sells exclusive, high quality chocolate products. I have used the site to send gifts to family members as I feel the quality of the chocolate is a little bit more special and unique than other brands available on the high street. Although Hotel Chocolat have some high street stores there is not one near enough to me to visit and it's also very easy and convenient to arrange a gift service from their website.

The online store sells a variety of boxes of chocolates arranged for different occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, congratulatory events and many more. You can browse through the selections by using the menu at the top of the main page. They also feature chocolate items which are seasonal so they have Easter eggs and Christmas chocolates etc. As well as their gift selections they offer smaller items like slabs and batons, sharing packs, products relating to chocolate making as well as spirits and wines that are cocoa infused or which are complimentary to their chocolates. They also have options for vegans and vegetarians as well as gluten free options. In general they have a huge collection with lots of options in terms of pricing from less than £10 to products costing well over £100. They also have a 'Tasting Club' opportunity online which may be of interest to chocoholics!

I have only ever used the site to order boxes of chocolates to send to my family as gifts. I would say that the price of the products at Hotel Chocolat is quite expensive. The items that are cheapest on the site tend to be quite small. However, having also received some of their products as gifts myself I can confirm that the price does match the quality of the products. The recipients of my gifts have also been really pleased with their deliveries.

During the ordering process you are able to personalize a message to your recipient. Delivery costs extra but can be arranged for a specific date and are delivered by special parcel delivery. I have not had any problems with the items I've ordered and they have been delivered promptly and when they are supposed to be.

I think the quality and uniqueness of the products sold by Hotel Chocolat is what makes it worth using the company. They taste absolutely amazing. It is possible to sample some of their items if you ever pass a high street store. I personally love their Classic Signature Collection as it contains a variety of chocolate truffles and centres which are guaranteed to suit any taste.

I would certainly shop here again and would recommend to anyone looking for a special gift for a loved one.

• dorothyperkins.co.uk / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      27.03.2015 10:15

Advantages

• "Good Sales Offers"
      • "Wide range of clothing"

Disadvantages

• "Delivery Charges"

Helpful Shopping Site That Has Great Sales!

Dorothy Perkins is a brand that sells women's fashion. They offer a range of different clothing items including tops, bottoms and lingerie. They also sell footwear and accessories like scarfs, bags and jewllery. Whilst there are Dorothy Perkins stores in most major towns and cities in the UK it can be more convenient to shop from home. Another reason to shop online is the fact that the brand often do online exclusive sales and offers.

The website is really easy to navigate and all of the items are set out into categories. You are also able to search for items directly using a search bar on the homepage. When a list of items appears in the main window you can see the price very easily as well as any discount which may be running. There is also a picture of the item as shown on either a model or laid out flat. If you click through to the item's individual page you can usually see more angles of the item as well as colour options. They offer items that are on trend and suitable for women of all ages.

The brand offer sizes from as small as size 6 up to size 22 although not every item has every size available. Each item can be compared against a size guide which appears on every page. There are also helpful reviews from other customers which often discuss how the item fits and feels. If an item is listed as out of stock online you can see if it's available in any of the UK stores. These appear on an interactive map which lists store contact details.

Delivery costs £3.95 and you are guaranteed to get your items within four working days in the UK. Orders over £50 qualify for free delivery though. Costs can vary for other areas of the UK but will be shown during the checkout process.

I've never had any problems with the actual delivery and quality of the items. I have tried to apply a brand's own voucher code into the checkout system before and it wasn't accepted though,forcing me to abandon the order. Since this has been my only issue I'm happy to shop here again in the future. The website is particularly useful to use during sales periods as you can find some utterly unbelievable reductions. I believe there were things like jeans for one pound during the last Christmas sale period! These offers can of course go quickly but it's worth having a look to see if you can nab a bargain.

• MAC Prep & Prime skin / Make Up / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      26.03.2015 16:43

Advantages

Disadvantages

The Perfect Second Skin!

This is a wonderful product from Mac which I didn't really think I needed but which was recommended to me. After the first use I was astonished by the difference it made to how my skin looked. The product is a product you can use prior to applying make-up. It prepares the skin for the perfect make-up application by improving the texture of the skin, dampening down any redness or blemishes, reducing any excess oils and creating a glowing second skin which soothes and illuminates skin.

The product comes in a 30ml sized container which is designed in line with the MAC brand. The entire product is black with nothing but white text printed on the outside. It looks quite chic. This product will cost you £21 which I admit is quite pricey but given it's quality I would buy again and I currently only use it when I absolutely need to look my best.

The product is a white cream. It's quite a watery cream though which has a silky texture. It seems to sink into the skin instantly and requires very little work to apply evenly onto the skin. Once it sinks in you can see the tiniest glints of silver which blend into the pores of your skin and brighten the surface of the skin. It simply makes my skin look healthier and perkier! The surface of the skin also feels very soft and velvety - as if all the cracks have been filled! It creates this flat plain onto which your make-up can be applied evenly. It's extremely clever and very effective.

What I love about using the Prep and Prime Skin is that it also seems to improve the appearance of large pores and fine wrinkles. It makes me look younger and reduces my imperfections! When I apply make-up onto the primer it always looks fantastic and it seems to be easier to create a good look.There is never any uneven patterns with powders sinking in to much or too little. It looks like a more professional job even if I use budget brand make-up products.

I would recommend this product to anyone but it will probably most benefit women over 30 as I feel it has anti-ageing qualities and will most improve skin that is older and less perfect. It would also do well for younger women who need to have a very precise make-up look or for those who want a special high quality look.

The product can be purchased online or at MAC make-up counters usually found in department stores in the UK. I would definitely buy this again.

This review is also on Ciao!

• cosyfeet.com / Online Shop / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      26.03.2015 09:54

Advantages

• "Supportive shoes available"
      • "Excellent designs for roomier shoes"
      • "Has a Wide Range"

Disadvantages

• "Big delivery charge."

Extra Roomy Shoes Providing Comfort & Support!

CosyFeet is a company that sells footwear which is especially made to be "extra roomy". They sell shoes for both women and men as well as socks and tights. There are also some nail and foot care accessories on the site and items designed to make walking easier. I found this site a couple of years ago after my mum broke her foot. She wasn't able to return to wearing her normal shoes for a while so I helped her to find a pair suitable for wearing during her recovery.

The footwear available here is slightly wider or deeper than the average shoe size in the UK. They are a great option if you have trouble finding shoes that fit on the high-street or if you have an injury, bunions or have issues with your feet swelling. There are also many shoes that have easy fastening options so they'd be great if you have problems with arthritis. Cosyfeet have a wide range of shoe options from things like slippers to pumps to sandals or loafers. I would say that the design of the shoes is generally geared towards an older age group.

Many of the shoes on the site are available in several different colours or patterns. This means there is a huge choice available. You can see from the search results that a shoe has different designs as they are shown in small squares underneath the main picture. There is a lot of detail given about each shoe such as the materials, the shape and the way it fits. In fact each shoe has a dedicated information section written by the 'fitting manager' of the company which tells you what the benefits are and whether this would be a good choice for you. It's incredibly helpful and thorough.

You can call through to an expert if you have any questions about ordering. There are things like size guides and fitting guides on the site though. Otherwise you can create an account and click to add items to your bag. The ordering process is simple and quick.

Delivery is a bit steep at £4.75. I think it would be helpful if they reduced this slightly. However, my delivery arrived quickly and there were no problems with the order. The quality and design of the shoes was really impressive.

I think this is a reputable and hard working company who provide an excellent range of products which are unavailable elsewhere. I would certainly purchase items there again should the need arise. I would recommend to elderly consumers who may need extra support or a comfier fitting shoe.

• Nakd Cashew Cookie Bar / Snacks / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
      26.03.2015 09:31

Advantages

• "Natural Ingredients"
      • "Taste Great"

Disadvantages

• "Can be expensive"

Healthy And Tasty Too!

I decided to try and eat a more healthy diet a couple of years ago and started to swap chocolate bars for more nutritious options. One of the products I discovered was this Nakd Cashew Cookie bar. They are sold either in multi packs or individually. Their cost has recently started to become more affordable at major supermarkets but if you buy them from a specialist store like a health food store then you should expect to pay more - around 99p a bar as opposed to around 75p in a supermarket.

The bar is gluten, wheat and dairy free and all of the ingredients are 100% natural. The ingredients, however, are surprisingly sparse. There is actually nothing else in this bar except cashew nuts (51%) and dates (49%). These are ground up and crushed and then stuck together in a soft, moist slightly sticky bar. It's hard to believe there isn't more ingredients from the flavour!

I really like the texture and the taste of the bar. Out of all of the Nak'd varieties this one tastes especially good. The Cashews bring and almost creamy flavour to the mix whilst the dates are sweet but not sharp. The nutty flavour is quite understated and the sweetness has a natural freshness. The texture is really nice too. The cashews are ground up so that they are more like a paste although you do see the odd tiny piece of pale brown nut. I love that the dates have a natural gooey syrup that binds them and the cashews together.

Each bar has lots of information printed on pack. This includes nutritional information. One 35g bar has 143 calories and 8g of fat although the bar contains no saturated fats. When I eat these bars I generally feel much more energetic and alert than I do if I reach for a chocolate bar. I also generally feel fuller and more satisified - as if I've eaten something much more filling.

I really enjoy eating these and am pleased to see them available in so many more outlets now. I would recommend to anyone looking for a healthier option, to vegans and vegetarians, to those with food allergies and for mums looking for a better snack for their kids.

• boots.com / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      25.03.2015 15:12

Advantages

• "Good service"
      • "Wide Range Of Products"

Disadvantages

• "Delivery Charge"

Great Site For Beauty & Healthcare Items!

Boots is a popular name in the UK and it sells beauty and bodycare items, healthcare items, baby care items and gifts as well as providing a pharmacy and prescription service. I often use their online website to shop as I have a Boots loyalty card. The website seems to have slightly more stock and product options than I'm used to seeing in stores. The website also runs promotions which I don't always see in my local stores too.

The website is very extensive but it's fairly easy to find what you are looking for either by following the menu through the subcategories or by entering key words into the search bar on the main page. Results are often presented by brand name. Boots supply products by lots of other brands, including a range of designer names, as well as having their own label products.

I've shopped for many items online. I'm happy with the way their make-up section is presented and how the shades appear on screen. You can generally find way more shades of make-up products online than you can in store. All products are presented with a product description, ingredients where relevant and reviews from other customers. At the bottom of each item description it tells you how many loyalty card points you can earn by completing the purchase. It's all well set out and easy to read. It gives me all I need to know before buying.

The site often do promotions and sales and I find the post Christmas sales to be especially popular with other customers. So much so that you can click through to an item description and find it out of stock already. They also do general offers like 2 for the price of 1 on certain items. It can be worthwhile just browsing the site to see what's on offer.

I'm happy with the service from Boots. I've only purchased beauty and body care items and my delivery service was fine and the items arrived undamaged and were of a good quality. The website also provides other services such as the Boots optician service and photo printing. You can also manage your prescriptions online too. You are also able to login to your Boots Advantage Card account via the website to amend details and more.

Delivery charges are £3.50 for general orders unless you opt to collect at a local store. It's also free over £45. Heavy orders may incur more charges.

I would definitely shop at Boots online in the future as I trust the company and have had good online shopping experiences with them. I would also trust them to put anything right that may go wrong very quickly. I would recommend to men and women who shop regularly for health and beauty items as well as to those using a prescription service.

• Natural Pressed Powder / Make Up / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
      24.03.2015 18:19

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Improves the way skin looks"

A Fantastic & Affordable Pressed Powder

This is my favourite pressed powder and I have been using it for many years. It's available at Boots as part of the Natural Collection range. As well as being ridiculously cheap the shades available are also a good match to my skin type. The product also looks great when applied and is long lasting.

The powder comes in three shades for Caucasian skin. The options are 'Warm', 'Cool' and 'Neutral'. 'Warm' is a slightly tan shade ideal for summer skin. 'Cool' is a rather pale shade with creamy tones which suits my naturally pale complexion. 'Neutral' is somewhere in-between these two and has muted tones.

I always buy the 'Cool' variety as it best matches my skin tone. The product comes in a little 10g sized round pot with a see through plastic lid which screws off. A label on the base tells me the product is "fragrance free" and that it provides a "matte finish". It also says it can be applied over foundation. I often also apply over BB creams or balms just to dampen down any shine.

The powder is not too soft so the correct amount is loaded onto my brush when I'm applying and it transfers to the skin very easily. The powder is long lasting on the skin and I never need to reapply throughout the day.

The powder makes my skin look instantly smoothed and silky. As well as improving the appearance of the texture of my skin the powder also evens out my colour, reducing any reddish colouration to a natural looking shade. It also dampens down any greasiness or shine that might be natural oils or shine caused by using foundation, creams or other products.The powder can be applied over foundation, BB creams and I often just apply it to bare skin that has been moisturised or skin where I've used a dab of concealer only. In any case the powder improves my appearance considerably.

At only £1.99 for one of these you can't go wrong. I've recently started using the blusher in the same range and the blusher goes on beautifully over the top of this powder. I would recommend to ladies and girls who use make-up and who want a pressed powder that is great quality but very affordable too.

• halfords.com / Online Shop / 6 Readings / 5 Ratings
      24.03.2015 13:13

Advantages

• "Good prices"
      • "Can find what you need"

Get On Your Bike!

Halfords is a company that sells products relating to cycling including bicycles, motoring and outdoor pursuits. As someone who recently gave up driving for cycling it was the first place I thought of looking when I needed a new helmet as well as an inner tube, bell and light for my bicycle. Although Halfords has large stores often based at retail parks it can be more convenient to use their online shop.

The website has a lot of detail on it but the main menu is easy enough to use. Clicking onto a category takes you to another page with sub categories. You can also just use the search bar. I found this particularly useful when searching for the exact measurements of my inner tube rather than having to wade through pages of results for every inner tube they offer. When your search results are returned you can also narrow down results by brand name.

I'm happy with the prices that Halfords charge. I do actually browse around other sites now to compare prices for cycling gear and the prices at Halfords seem quite reasonable for most items. Bear in mind that delivery charges are £2.99 which adds to your final bill but which I still think is a reasonable charge for the service.

One aspect of the Halfords website I really like is the advice available to consumers. For instance, when purchasing my new inner tube I found a video on the site instructing me how to replace the tube. It's expert advice and it's free and I find it an incredible help.

My deliveries have arrived in good time and well packed with no problems or issues with the quality of the goods so I'm happy. It's a great site. It does have a few negatives though. Quite often I'll get a 'page not found' message and there are many items which are shown in the search results which are listed as being unavailable due to being out of stock. Otherwise however this is a great place to shop for your cycling, motoring or camping needs.

• Boots Natural Blushed Cheeks / Make Up / 7 Readings / 6 Ratings
      24.03.2015 12:54

Advantages

• "Great Shades"
      • "Silky Texture"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

A Beauty Bargain!

I have a Boots loyalty card and recently had a few pounds worth of points so I decided to treat myself to a new blusher. I liked the look of this one, having never purchased it before. The Natural Collection make-up booth in store was actually promoting these blushers as the one product in the range that receives the most positive feedback from beauty experts and consumers alike.

When choosing my shade there were only three options available. I've since discovered there are more shades available online so it may be worth checking out the online shop too.

The shade I chose is called 'Pink Cloud' and out of the colours available to me it was the brightest, boldest pink. It's a vibrant, summery shade that stands out on paler skin.

The product comes in a small pot. There is very limited information about the product on the label so I've no idea the actual size of the product. It's a smallish pot though. The only information printed on the label is that the formula is "fragrance free". You can also read the online page to find out that the blusher is "dermatologically tested".

The blusher is a set powder so when you unscrew the lid of the pot you can see a flat pressed powder with a grooved surface. I use a blusher brush to apply and the movement of the brush against the powder loosens a lot of the blusher. The powder seems very soft and almost has a fluffy texture. A lot of powder is disturbed by the brush and I often have to blow or tap my brush to get rid of excess powder before applying or it would be too heavy.

The powder has a lovely texture to apply to the skin though. It's soft and silky texture means it glides onto the skin and can be applied evenly. It's incredibly easy to place the powder where you want it on your cheeks.

I'm extremely happy with the shade. It really brightens my face and it goes well with my pale skin, blue eyes and mid-brown hair. It is the finishing touch of my make-up routine that really makes my face look great. I'm really happy to have found a lovely blusher product that only cost me £1.99 to buy! I think it's a real bargain and will definitely consider buying again in the future. I'd also consider looking at other products in this range.

• TK Maxx / Highstreet Shopping / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      24.03.2015 10:03

Advantages

• "Huge range of designer items"

Disadvantages

• "No dedicated plus size collection"

Great Store For Discounted Designer Gear!

I live near Newcastle Upon Tyne and our city's TK Maxx has just had an amazing makeover. I recently started shopping there again after not going in for years and now I feel I will be a regular customer in the future. The company sell clothes for ladies, girls, men and boys. They also sell shoes and accessories, items for the home, food items, beauty and body care and home-ware items.

It's actually astonishing what they actually have in store especially if you consider them as a clothing only retailer. Last time I went in I was shocked to find some Argan Oil Hair Conditioner...for pet dogs! The store offers designer name items for reduced prices although there is no standard amount for the reduction on each item. So some things you can get for a bargain price while others you get for just a few pounds less than you might pay normally. In any case the quality of the items is top notch.

The rails of clothing in TK Maxx are quite exciting to look through as each item on the rail is individual and made by a different brand. You can really delve through to find some amazing designs that often look like items fresh from the catwalk! Although the store arrange items by size and by specific garment (such as jeans or sports clothing) the sizing can vary due to all the different brands having their own standards. Therefore I'd advise trying everything on before purchasing.

I really like the in-store atmosphere at TK Maxx as it seems relaxed and there is also lots of room to have a good look around. This is something that's essential in this store as you really need to have a good look through the items if you are to find that perfect gem! A lot of the brands they stock I've never heard of but they are quite obviously of a high quality but they also stock many famous big brand names too. In the home-ware department the quality of the items is impressive and the items I've seen so far have been very individual and nothing sold there looks like anything else I've seen in other stores.

What my local TK Maxx lacks is a dedicated plus size section although they do the odd item for larger ladies there is no one section or large collection of items. This is the only thing I feel they ought to think about providing.

I will definitely return to shop here in the future and would recommend to women and men who enjoy shopping for pieces that are designer, unique and affordable.

• houseoffraser.co.uk / Online Shop / 8 Readings / 7 Ratings
      23.03.2015 17:04

Advantages

• "Quick Service"
      • Good
      • "Free Delivery"
      • "Good Range Of Designer Items and Exclusive Brands"

A Great UK Shopping Website

I recently started shopping at House Of Fraser online. I actually never normally shop in the high street stores but I found myself on the website after searching for a particular hard to find brand of women's clothing. I discovered this site was one of the only sites in the UK selling the brand.

House Of Fraser sell clothing for women, men, children and babies as well as electrical items, accessories, footwear, home-ware and more. My only experience with them has been the purchases of ladies clothing but my experiences have helped me decide whether I would shop for any other item with this brand in the future.

The website is well designed and easy to navigate with a clear menu on the homepage showing options to search by brand or department. You can then further narrow down your search to specific items. I really love the fact that the clothing is so well described as well as the fact that the pictures are so clear with options to zoom in to see small details as well as to see certain clothes on a model or laid flat. They also often provide a close up of important details on the item. Each page also has a 'Find Your True Fit' option which is an interactive style size guide. However, I'd be cautious about the validity of this as when I filled in my details it said I would take a size smaller than I thought I would. I basically ignored this and went for the size I thought I was and I was right!

I do find the prices on the site quite high unless they are doing promotions. There are some great regular discounts though which can be very tempting especially when many of the items sold by House Of Fraser are exclusive brand names.

Deliveries are free unless you require a quicker delivery or specific day delivery. You can also order to pick up in a store that is local to you if this is more convenient. I've had items delivered to my home only and I'm happy with the service and the time taken for goods to arrive.

I will definitely shop at this website in the future and although I have only purchased clothing so far I'd be happy to consider purchasing other items given the ease of the purchasing process and the quality of both the delivery and the goods themselves.

• petsathome.com / Internet Site / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      22.03.2015 10:50

Advantages

• "Cater For Lots Of Animals"
      • "Online Exclusives"
      • "Huge Range"

Disadvantages

• "Website Looks Confusing"
      • "Product Information Can Be Limited"
      • "Pricier Than Other Brands"

Online Exclusives For Your Pets!

As an owner of pet dogs I quite often need supplies that I can only get from a specialist pet store. I have a Pets At Home store located near me but their website is also an attractive choice because the company sell products that are exclusively available online. These exclusive products are one of the reasons I shop online here, as well as the fact that it's convenient to shop from home.

I find the Pets At Home website a little bit crowded and jumbled in terms of it's design. They have a main menu on their homepage where you can search for products depending on the type of pet you have. You can then narrow down the search to specific items. You can also search directly in the search box provided.

When the results are shown the pictures of the products is what is most prominent rather than the information about it. You have to click into an individual item page to find out full details. Even then the details given about certain items can be quite vague. Whilst this isn't as important for some things like pet toys it can be essential when buying medical supplies.

I most recently, for example, needed to shop for some dental care products for one of my dogs. I basically needed a toothpaste, some anti-plaque treatment and some oral hygiene spray or gel but I found it quite difficult to distinguish between products and to understand what their benefits were from the information given on the site. I think a website overhaul would be a good idea to make it more user friendly and to inform customers as much as possible about what they are buying.

As well as the online exclusives you'll find a huge range that is also seen in their stores. So they cater for many pets including dogs, cats, small animals, reptiles, fish, horses and birds. Their range is huge but their prices are not always as cheap as other outlets.

The site now accepts Paypal payments as well as credit and debit cards. I tend to use Paypal and I find the checkout service to be really easy to complete. My deliveries have arrived in an acceptable time and well packaged. I'd definitely shop at this website again as it does supply a lot of items I can't get elsewhere. I would recommend the site to other pet owners and particularly to pet owners looking for something specific that they have been unable to get elsewhere.

• Argos.co.uk / Online Shop / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      21.03.2015 16:20

Advantages

• "Can check stock amounts"
      • "Can reserve or purchase on website"
      • "Huge range of products available"

First Stop For Shopping!

Argos is always one of the first retailers I think of whenever I am looking to buy a number of products. Their range of products is so huge and diverse that I'm almost certain to find what I'm looking for. From electrical items to home-ware and furniture to toys,clothes, jewellery,gifts and garden items - this store has it all and at prices that you can afford. I find using the Argos website is a easy way to purchase items either for delivery or for picking up. I also just use the website as a stock checker as it shows you exactly which local stores hold which products if you need to go and pick something up straight away or have a look before you buy.

The website is modern and well designed with an easy to read menu at the top of the main page. From the main menu you can go into smaller sections to narrow down your search for a product. Since the company often do special deals the drop down menus can look a bit confusing as they list all of the offers as well as subcategories of products. Alternatively you can search for a specific item or term in the search box.

Product information given is very thorough with full details and reviews from other customers who have already purchased the items. You can choose to either reserve items, or buy them outright for collection at a store local to you or get a home delivery. Delivery costs vary according to the size of the item so you'll be told during the checkout process what the costs actually are.

The site can find your local store if you type in a postcode or an area name. This store has many branches so chances are there will be one near you. I've had a couple of home deliveries and I find the arrangements are well managed, with the needs of the customer coming first.

I would recommend this site and this company to anyone looking for items like furniture, household furnishings, large and small electrical items and children's toys.

21.03.2015 15:48

Advantages

• Unique

A Classic Fragrance

This is an iconic perfume that I grew up smelling because my mum loves it so much. I found the perfume a little too overpowering when I was younger but now that I'm nearing my late thirties the scent has become much more beautiful to me and also seems age appropriate now. I would definitely say that I think this perfume is best suited for ladies who are at least aged thirty and over. The fragrance embodies something about a mature woman who knows herself completely.

The fragrance is very distinctive. I've tried a lot of other perfumes in my time and none of them come close to smelling anything like this classic fragrance. I would say that the perfume is quite heady and intense. The key notes of the perfume are "ylang-ylang, mayrose and Jasmine". The brightness and sharpness of these floral scents is dented by a strong spicy tone. I also feel it has a slightly smoky tone which makes you feel like the perfume is hanging like a cloud around your body!

It's a fragrance that I feel is best suited to special occasions and formal occasions. I wouldn't spray this on just to go shopping, for example! It does seem to feel like a perfume that is really special and exclusive.

The fragrance is quite pervasive and can be easily identified on my skin or clothes hours after application. It's a perfume that other people often notice me wearing too and they ask me about it. The perfume tends to be long lasting and I can detect no change in the way it smells from first application to later in the day after many hours wearing it.

I have the 50ml eau de toilette spray which I have inserted into a special Chanel plastic canister. This makes the perfume look incredibly trendy and it also protects the bottle. The actual spray function is a little weak so I would advise holding the bottle close to your skin when applying.

You can buy this perfume at places like Boots and The Perfume shop and I usually pay around £50 and upwards for my 50ml sized bottle. I would recommend the perfume to older women who like individual and classic fragrances.

• debenhams.com / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      19.03.2015 13:21

Advantages

• "Well Designed Website."

Disadvantages

• "Customer Service Not Great."

It's Easier To Shop In Store!

Debenhams is one of my favourite department stores on the high street and when I discovered they had a website I was pleased as it meant I could also shop from the comfort of my home. Unfortunately all of my shopping experiences with this firm have not gone as smoothly as I anticipated and I have gone back to doing most of my shopping at the high-street stores.

The brand sell clothes for women, men and children. They also have products for the home, electrical items, special gifts, lingerie, wedding attire, toys and furniture. In terms of fashion they feature some well known brands such as Henry Holland, Mantaray, Ted Baker, branded sportswear like New Balance and Adidas, Converse, Juicy Couture, Pineapple and lots more. You are able to search for products by brand name on the website.

The website is well designed with a clear and easy to use menu system which divides products into categories such as fashion for women, toys, furniture etc. You can then narrow down the options to specific items types such as women's tops or baby toys.It's easy to navigate around the site.You can also list search results by popularity or price.

I like that on the item pages there is lots of information about the product.I tend to buy women's clothing and I like that there are usually several photos of the item, front and back - as well as a zoom on each picture so you can see intricate details. Full product details are provided although I would like them to be slightly more prevalent on the page. There is also a section where you can see reviews written by other customers although most items don't seem to have many reviews written beside them. I also think a size chart should be provided on each page.

I have had a few issues with the company. They often do sales online and I have twice had orders cancelled when the item I've tried to buy has gone out of stock despite being advertised as available. Once I did not even get a full explanation until I contacted them to ask what was going on! They had simply refunded my payment. They then treated my query in an offhand manner which I found to be rather rude. It's poor customer service in my opinion. I have also had some long delays on orders of up to almost three weeks in one case, which I feel is unacceptable. Delivery charges also apply which is £3.99 or free over £30. It's quite a high charge in my opinion.

Overall I've found that it's actually way easier to just visit a branch of Debenhams and get what I want there. They sell exactly the same items online and in store but I know if I visit a store I'll be able to get what I want there and then and won't have the uncertainty of dealing with the online service team.