cyberem78

Member since: 15.09.2008

• Snickers Bar / Chocolate / 7 Readings / 6 Ratings
      07.07.2015 16:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Filling, Tasty Chocolate Bar!

I love chocolate confectionery and I often buy Snickers bars which have been available in the UK for as long as I can remember. I buy these bars in particular when I want something filling or I need an energy boost.

The Snickers bar has rather masculine style packaging with a brown wrapper and bold blue writing. It shows an image of peanuts on the front of the wrapper and although there is much more substance and ingredients to the bar I would primarily think of this as a peanut filled chocolate bar.

The back of the wrapper is printed with some product information including the details that this bar s free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives. It is also marked as being suitable for vegetarians.

This bar is quite chunky and heavy and it feels like a real mouthful when you bite into it. It's a long chocolate covered slab and inside is a layer of toffee and peanuts whilst on the bottom is a thick roll of white nougat. The peanuts are also crumbled into the nougat layer. The toffee is quite tough and chewy and the peanuts feel like they are quite dried out so they also require a lot of chewing! The nougat is dense and sticky. The overall texture is pleasant and makes you feel like you are eating something substantial.

The flavour of the Snickers is very pleasing with the peanuts being the overriding flavour. The toffee is sharp and sweet whilst the nougat has a creamy, nutty flavour. The chocolate has a distinctive cocoa rich and milky sweet taste which is very satisfying to my sweet tooth.

I would recommend this bar to anyone who loves peanuts and chocolate. I would say this is more of an adult chocolate bar as it is probably quite a mouthful for kids! An individual bar of this cost me 60p on my last purchase.

• Lobelia Royal Blue / Plant / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
      07.07.2015 16:04

Advantages

Disadvantages

Bright, Blue and Beautiful!

I first saw this Lobelia Royal Blue plant in the garden of a neighbour and I complimented her on how beautiful and striking it was. She told me it was a Lobelia which I'd never heard of before but the next time I was visiting my local garden centre I saw a plant and purchased it for my own garden.

I would say that this Lobelia is perfect for pots, hanging baskets and for smaller spaces or borders. I have a partially paved front garden with two planted squares and this is the type of plant that really shines in this type of space.They make a really attractive and eye catching display plant wherever they are planted.

The Lobelia produces abundant amounts of small vivid, intense blue flowers which I feel are one of the most striking colours of any flowers in this spectrum. The flowers have a small white streak at their centre which stands out too.

In terms of shape these plants are springy and have a fluffed out shape which makes them look like they are foaming upwards out of the soil. They fill up the space they are planted in. Although they are a 'thick' plant they are quite delicate with thin wispy stems and dainty flowers that seem to be floating on a mass of feathered stems.

These flowers are best planted in a place sheltered from pets as they can easily be trampled down or damaged. The plant I have is quite compact and is planted in a full sun area which seems to suit it very well.

I would recommend to any gardener wanting to plant something visually beautiful and colourful. You can buy these plants at garden centres as well as growing them from seed.

• Cadbury Picnic / Chocolate / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
      06.07.2015 12:28

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Tasty, Filling Chocolate Bar!

I recently tried this Cadbury Picnic bar despite thinking I might not enjoy it. I was put off a little bit by the fact that there are raisins in the bar but when I tried the bar I was pleased to find it an enjoyable experience and one I hope to enjoy again soon!

The Picnic bar is described by Cadbury as a "crunchy, chewy, fruity feast". The packaging gives a good idea of what you are getting with an illustration showing a burst of peanuts, raisins and caramel. The back of the wrapper is printed with product information which includes a list of full ingredients. Milk chocolate with caramel constitutes 30% of the ingredients with 13% peanuts, 10% crispy cereal and 7% of raisins. The product is marked as suitable for vegetarians. There is also a nutritional chart on the wrapper which tells me that per 48.4g (the size of the bar) there are 235 calories.

The bar itself looks like a long rice crispy cake with bits of nobbles sticking out all over. It has a thin milk chocolate shell under which is a layer of chewy caramel or toffee. This toffee is not too difficult to chew as it melts in the mouth quite quickly. Under this sticky layer there are crisped rice, raisins and dried peanuts and right in the core of the bar there seems to be a multi-layered wafer although this isn't mentioned in the description of the bar on the wrapper.

There actually aren't that many raisins, maybe only three or four per bar, so for me that's a good thing as I find them too sharp sometimes. However, the peanuts and rice crispies line the bar all the way along. The texture of the Picnic is very nice as you get so many different consistencies. The raisins are moist and thick whilst the peanuts are drier and more crumbly. The rice crispy pieces give a bit of a crunch and then melt away into the chocolate and toffee. The wafer is soft and squishy.The combined flavours are very pleasing!

This bar feels very filling and now that I know I enjoy it I would probably choose to eat this when I want something more substantial. I think it would be a good choice to eat whilst travelling as it seems to give me a lot of energy and pace to get through the day.

I would recommend this to anyone who loves confectionery. I think it's probably more of an adult sweet than for kids though.

04.07.2015 16:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Crunchy Treat For Older Puppies and Dogs

I recently bought these for my two dogs. These particular Pedigree Markies are actually treats that are aimed at puppies and are slightly smaller sized than the regular Markies but my dogs will eat anything. I also have two dogs who are quite different in size so I often buy smaller sized treats for my littler dog.

These come in a little 300g sized bag. They are easy to open and they stay fresh in the packet. The packet can be folded over a little bit to keep the contents inside. The packet is printed in the recognisable colours of Pedigree and has an attractive design. Product information is printed on the back of the packet including full ingredients, brand information and more.

These chicken flavoured treats contain meat and animal derivatives as well as oil, fats and minerals. They are a dry biscuit style treat in a roll shape. The core of the roll looks like a dried meaty substance whilst the outer edge of the roll looks like a milky biscuit crust. They are about an inch in length and are quite crunchy and hard when chewed.

My dogs seem to love both the texture and the flavour of these treats. As mentioned my dogs are different sizes and weights and my smaller terrier dog seems to have more difficulty chomping down on these than my large sized springer spaniel. The treats are so chunky that they are not suitable for puppies under four months old so be aware of this before you purchase these. There is a guide to feeding on the packet and this requires you to know what your dog weighs or it's weight approximately.

I would recommend these treats for those with older puppies and fully grown dogs too, especially if you have a small sized dog. They cost me around £1.30 and are available at supermarkets and pet food stores such as Pets At Home.

• Hawthorne / Plant / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      03.07.2015 15:31

Advantages

Disadvantages

Important Plant For Birds & Insects

I have a section of garden dedicated to wildlife and it looks more or less like a native woodland area. One of my plant choices for this section was a Hawthorn bush or hedge because I have seen them so often in native woods and know how important they are to insects and birds. I did have some concerns about how easy the Hawthorn would be to maintain though since they can grow quite large and they have knotted branches with long, stiff spikes which I worried would make pruning and removing any branches rather difficult. It can be one of the more difficult plants to manage in the garden for this reason but with some care it is just about manageable.

The Hawthorn bush is a native plant which is mostly seen growing wild in woodlands and around farms. There are a variety of species which are slightly different to one another. However, due to bad land management and over-development these important areas which provide food and shelter to wildlife are vanishing. Hawthorn can be planted in gardens although I would recommend having a medium to large sized area for a plant like this.

The Hawthorn is classified as a shrub or bush and tends to grow to around 5-15 metres. When mature the bush tends to look quite knotted up and twisted in on itself. I wouldn't say that it's the most attractive bush when not in flower or when it has it's fruit or berries. The flowers are quite pretty and are small and white, appearing in large, thick clusters, with the heads maturing into small red berries which are very attractive to birds such as blackbirds and redwings.

The bush provides particularly good shelter for garden birds too with the spines of the thorns on the bush being a repellent to predators like cats.

I would advise regular yearly pruning of this bush and it is essential to protect your hands with garden gloves when removing any cut branches. I would also advise planting in an area where you are less likely to spend time. I also wouldn't advise planting this if you have younger children.

However, I'm pleased to have this in my wildlife area and I enjoy watching the insects land on it and birds feeding from the fruits. It also gives me a little bit more privacy in the garden due to the size and shape of the bush. I would recommend planting this if you are heavily invested in creating a rich natural environment for wildlife.

03.07.2015 15:05

Advantages

Disadvantages

Breathe In And Relax!

A while ago I was having trouble sleeping and also suffering from nervousness during the day too. I actually suffer from social anxiety and I was feeling overwhelmed by various commitments. It was my aunt that actually told me about using Lavender oil as a calming and mental soothing agent and said that it had helped her during stressful periods in her life. I therefore decided to give it a try.

You can buy lavender oil from many stores including online at places like Amazon as well as in chemist chain stores such as Boots, health stores such as Holland And Barratt and cosmetic stores such as Lush. I bought a 10ml bottle from Boots and it cost me £5.49 which I felt was quite expensive but given the fact that the oil is quite powerful you literally only need to use this in drops so it will last a long time and you get your money's worth.

I was advised to do several things with the oil. The first thing was to put a drop on a cloth handkerchief and carry this around with me when I was out and about. Whenever I was stressed I was advised to smell the handkerchief. I actually find this a really helpful and pleasing thing to do. The smell of the lavender oil is so distinctive and beautiful and when I inhale it the aroma seems to clear my nasal passages and open my lungs right up, calming my breathing and stilling my nervous thoughts. The act of smelling the handkerchief makes me stop and be still for a moment. It's an effective way of calming down a little bit.

I was also told to put some oil on my pillow and to also add some to a bowl of water and leave it in my room. This was to aid my sleeping. I found it soothing to smell this very natural and earthy scent as I was falling asleep and it definitely helped. The oil in the water isn't as noticeable for me unless you use just a small amount of water.

You can also use the oil in your bath water to have a soothing bath time. It's also effective if used as a massage agent if added in a small quantity to a base massage oil. You should not apply this neat to the skin.

I would recommend lavender oil to anyone who has a lot of stress and feels like they need to relax.

• Rowan / Plant / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
      02.07.2015 16:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Visually Striking & Great For Wildlife

The Rowan tree, also known as Mountain Ash, is an excellent choice for those with medium to large sized gardens, those who are enjoy visually striking trees and those who like to garden for wildlife.

These trees are grown easily from sapling size or bigger and I have found mine very easy to maintain. Mine also grew quite quickly into a mature sized tree within just a few years. They are a classified as a small tree or a large shrub (reaching a height of around 10-15 metres) but mine has grown to be quite thin (rather than with a wide spread), skyward pointing and tall so I like to prune it back every couple of years to maintain the smaller size.

The trees have distinctive flat, oval shaped deep green leaves which look symmetrical along each branch. This makes them the tree look somewhat ornamental and very visually stunning. The trees develop bright orangey red fruits or berries which hang in huge grape-like clusters and which are particularly attractive to birds. Blackbirds, redwings, waxwings (if you're lucky) and thrushes find these berries irresistible and nutritious and most years the birds will completely strip my tree of these fruits.

The trees also bring fantastic colour and beauty to the garden during periods when other plants and shrubs are waning. The tree flowers with dense bouquets of delicate white heads which seem attractive to pollinating insects such as bees and wasps. The small berries which develop after the flowering period are particularly eye catching and the leaves of the tree acquire a rusty sheen towards the end of the year and into winter.

I personally am very pleased to have a Rowan tree in my garden and feel that as well as being an attractive feature for me and my family to enjoy it is beneficial to wildlife which is important to me too. I would recommend to gardeners who have the space and time to maintain one of these.

• Flymo Turbo Lite 330 / Lawn Mower / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      30.06.2015 20:55

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Lightweight Mower That Does The Job

I bought this mower a few years ago. I wanted something light and something inexpensive but good enough quality to be able to cut my medium sized lawn.

The mower is very light in weight and I can lift it with two hands holding the handle. It's quite small in size too with a handle that can move through a large angle so it's also easy to store.

The mower has a rotating core with three small plastic sickle shaped blades attached. These blades tend to snap quite easily if you snag something like a twig or stone but I have found they are quite easy to find and purchase at DIY stores. They are also easy to fit as they simply slip onto a peg on the bottom of the mower.

To start the mower you have to press a large button attached to a section on the handle and then pull a lever below the handle. The lever must be pulled towards yourself at all times to enable the motor to work. This is a great safety feature which means the mower can never run on it's own or keep going when you want it to stop. Simply releasing the lever stops the machine dead.

The instruction leaflet for this mower advised holding the machine at a tilt when first starting it up (not sure why?!) but I find this quite dangerous so I never do it. It starts perfectly regardless without needing to lift it up and expose the spinning blades.

Since the mower is so light it can be pushed around quite easily and it 'slides over the surface of the grass. It is only ever difficult if the surface is not totally level. The mower makes a little bit of noise but it doesn't trouble me. You will probably need an extension cord like me if you have a large lawn.

The mower basically cuts the grass and then spits it back over the surface like a mulch. If you prefer a tidier lawn then this isn't a mower for you. I personally like to leave the grass cuttings as a mulch and nutrient. I would say the mower performs best when grass is not very high and is best cut weekly during the growing season. The grass looks and feels good after using this mower.

I have had a couple of problems with the machine. The motor on the machine has a shield over the top secured by screws and one of the screws came out, causing the shield to wobble until I replaced the screw. Likewise a screw holding the handle came loose and fell out on one side but was replaceable. In terms of maintenance it requires very little. You may need to scrape out grass from the shell of the mower after every cut though to stop the blades clogging and to reduce overall weight.

I thin I paid around £70 for this which I feel is reasonable.

• character-online.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.06.2015 17:23

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "High postage"

A Reliable Online Toy Seller

Character-online is a UK based shop online which sells a huge range of popular toys and token items associated with toy brands. Some of the brand names or themed items they offer include My Little Pony, Disney Frozen, Peppa Pig, Fireman Sam, Doctor Who, Scooby Doo and Postman Pat.

The site tend to sell smaller items such as party bags, mini figures, craft packs and pocket sized items. However, they so also sell some larger items like games, playsets and electronic toys.

Although you can find most of the products at other better known toy retailers the website is good for visiting if you are after something from a particular franchise or you are looking for small gifts or children's collectible items. I personally visited the site to find a number of identical small and cheap toys for a group of children who were coming to a family party. There are lots of items you can get to use in party bags. The site offered me a good quality choice of toy and at a low price.

The individual item pages offer a lot of product information and also provides multiple photos of each item.

The website requires registration before you buy anything and then they accept credit and debit cards as well as Paypal payment which gives total protection over your purchase. I chose to pay this way because I wasn't familiar with the website but I had no problems with the payment or the order in general. The firm are actually quite active on social media pages and you can interact with them via Facebook, Twitter and view their Youtube videos too.

The firm charge a rather high postage charge at £4.99 although you get a professionally packed parcel and delivery service. I got my parcel within about a week of ordering.

I would recommend to individual consumers looking for good quality toys and a no fuss service.

• loudclothing.com / Online Shop / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      29.06.2015 12:41

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great Website For Cult Themed Clothing and Gifts

LoudClothing.com is a website that sells a particular range of clothing and accessories. They sell a huge range of T-shirts, hoodies and caps branded with music band logos and popular or cult TV show themes. They also sell related jewelry, wristbands and things like mugs and token glassware. To give you an idea of the kind of things you might see on the site they have a big Star Wars collection with popular bands such as Iron Maiden and Pearl Jam featured heavily. Lots of items on the site generally have a rather cult or quirky design rather than anything in particular.

I personally have an interest in cult and sci-fi television and film so I have quite a large collection of themed items in my home. I did not now about this site until quite recently and when I went onto it I was astonished at how cheap the items were and how big their range is. Their normal prices are quite low but they even have a sales section which have ridiculously low prices. As someone who buys these kind of items elsewhere I can confirm that this site really does have low prices.

The website sells items for both men and women although the sizes are put into general categories like S, M and L and they also have women's fit items so it's helpful to know what your size might be before purchasing. Despite this there is a helpful size guide on every page which shows the general size across the chest.

The site does charge a very small delivery charge but it's only £2 which I feel is a reasonable charge. They allow payment with credit and debit cards and also allow Paypal payments which can make it a lot easier to fulfill the checkout process.

I'm happy with the quality of the products I've bought so far from this site and will gladly purchase items here again. I would recommend it to anyone who loves wearing or collecting clothing with cult designs. It's also a great place for gifts for anyone who is a classic music fan or for those who love sci-fi and cult television.

• Cadbury Boost / Chocolate / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      29.06.2015 09:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Delicious & Unique Chocolate Bar!

I used to be addicted to these Cadbury Boost bars as a teenager and eat one everyday on my break time. However, as I grew up I turned away from a lot of sweet shop confectionery and started trying to eat more healthily. I remain a chocoholic, however, and still eat a lot of different chocolate brands. This Boost bar, however, was one I hadn't touched in many years. I had just assumed it would be too rich and gooey for an adult. I only actually tried this again because a loved one bought a bar for me after I started reminiscing about loving them in my childhood! After tasting them again I was literally on the floor crying out in pleasure. They are still absolutely divine and, although they are very rich and obviously not a healthy treat they are so satisfying!

The bars I have was sold individually and contains 48.5g of product. The wrapper looks almost like that of a energy bar sold at gyms. It's rather snazzy and bright with a hi-tech, futuristic look. The wrapper is printed with information about the brand. A small calorific value chart is shown on the front wrapper whilst full ingredients, more detailed nutritional analysis, brand information and other important details are shown on the back of the wrapper. The product is stamped with the 'suitable for vegetarian' logo. A bar provides 250 calories and 14g of fat which is quite a lot so be careful about how many of these you eat!

The bar seems unchanged from the 'olden days' in taste and structure. It's comprised of a soft, slightly powdery chocolate flavoured rolled core which contains small balls of shortbread biscuit. In my youth these were actually called 'Biscuit Boosts' among a range of flavours but now this seems to be the main variety. Around this powdery centre is a layer of soft chewy caramel which is covered with a layer of Cadbury's milk chocolate. The bar is softer and easier to chew than I remember it being in the past so perhaps they have softened the toffee layer a little bit. Other than it is is the same. The textures together feels like eating a very fine pudding. The soft biscuity filling melts in the mouth with the caramel layer feeling gooey whilst the chocolate is creamy and delicious. The flavours are also delicious combined. The whole bar has a unique flavour combining the sweet roasted tones of shortbread with sweet, vanilla caramel and creamy rich milk chocolate.

It's a chocolate bar I'm glad I've rediscovered and I will no doubt be buying this on a regular basis. I would recommend to anyone who likes their sweets and enjoys something a bit chewy and gooey!

• dk.com / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      28.06.2015 21:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good Book Publisher Website With Lots Of Information

DK.com is the website for the book publisher Dorling Kindersley. It's a site that shows you what books the company have available and provides information about these books. However, you can not purchase the books from this site although the website does redirect to other sellers such as Amazon and Waterstones.

The website has a number of categories of books which are all general information books rather than fiction or creative writing. The categories include gardening, science, languages, food and drink, hobbies, business etc. They also have a children's book section although again, the books are photographic, illustrated or reference type books or guides.

The site awards you the opportunity to view the inside pages of their publications which is quite handy and the quality of photos on the website is excellent. You can find out which formats the books are published in and this includes information about e-book formats.

As well as this the DK.com website provides information about associated brands. For instance the countdown host Carol Vorderman has a range of math's books published by DK and Mary Berry has a range of cookbooks. This can be helpful if you are interested in a certain subject, brand or celebrity.

The website also has a helpful interactive section where users can find out more information on a number of topics such as Education, art and craft, Lego, Food and Drink, Star wars and more. There are things like in depth articles, activity sheets, advice and instruction, videos and more. All of these things are connected to the idea of purchasing books relating to the content and what is provided on the website is more than enough to convince that the books DK publish are of excellent quality!

This is a well designed website and helpful to visit if you want some ideas about which books might be a good choice for you and your children. I think the website is especially useful for parents of children who are looking for good quality educational books and website content.

28.06.2015 20:55

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Lovely texture"
      • "Tastes great"

A Delicious & Inexpensive White Chocolate

I am a real chocoholic and buy lots of different brands to consume. I recently purchased a bar of this Sainsburys Basics White Chocolate. I have tried shop's own or basic brands before but I have to say that I feel of all the different bars I've tried this Sainsbury's white chocolate is by far the best I've tried. It rivals even big brand names like Nestle Milky Bar.

The chocolate comes in a 100g sized bar which only costs 35p at the moment. The wrapper is a plastic one with perforated edges to make opening easier. The wrapper is quite plain in design and it does LOOK like a cheap chocolate bar, but don't let this fool you!

The front of the packaging has a easy to read nutritional chart whilst the back of the packaging shows full ingredients, more detailed nutritional values and specifically calorific values and brand contact information. The product is labelled as suitable for vegetarians and it contains "5 servings" according to the brand. The chocolate is not suitable for anyone with wheat or nut allergies due to the factory conditions during manufacturing.

There are 547 calories per 100g of this chocolate and 31g of fat. Per strip of squares, which is 3 squares, contains 109 calories and 6.2g of fat.

The chocolate is in an almost flat slab with just small indents to break each piece off into a square. Each square is marked with a pattern of lines. What I like about the chocolate is that it feels thick and chunky when you put it in your mouth. It's texture is velvety smooth and it melts into a sweet, dreamy cream. It's very satisfying and delicious. It does not at all taste like a shop's own brand chocolate and I would heartily recommend it to anyone who really loves white chocolate but who wants to save a bit of money too!

You can find this at Sainsburys in the UK in their confectionary aisle. At 35p it is slightly more expensive than Asda, Morrisons and Tesco's own brand white chocolate (5p more!) but it's definitely the best out of all of these brands.

• Pedigree Gravy Bones / Dog Food / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      27.06.2015 09:39

Advantages

• Crunchy
      • "Smell good"
      • "My dogs enjoy them"

Disadvantages

• "Prone to stickiness when damp"

Tasty, Crunchy Dog Treats!

I buy these regularly for my two pet dogs as they thoroughly enjoy eating them as a treat. I actually wasn't sure prior to buying them for the first time that they would like them because of the fact they are dry biscuits but in fact they seem to enjoy both the flavour and the texture. They particularly seem to like the fact that these biscuits have an extra crunchy consistency!

I always purchase these in a small 400g box although I believe you can get these in larger packs if you need them. The 400g sized box is the one sold most often in the stores I visit and it also lasts until y next big shopping trip so it is fine for me.

The box has a perforated corner which you can press in and then tear back to make a dispensing hole. The cardboard can be tucked back under to keep the bones fresh too. The package is well designed and suits the impression I have of the brand, Pedigree. There is lots of product information printed on the box including the benefits of the products to your dogs. This includes the fact that the bones contain omega 3, known to be good for the heart, as well as a host of vitamins and minerals including calcium for strong bones and teeth.

The bones are around a couple of inches long and are coated in a glossy brown substance. They are dry but a warning that even a little bit of moisture can make these sticky. They are not ideal for carrying around in a pocket if it starts to rain outside. They can even turn sticky if your hands are warm! They are best given straight from the box!

My dogs relish these bones. I have a smaller terrier and a large springer spaniel and I often snap a bone in two and give just half to my smaller dog. The bones can be snapped in half without creating any mess. My dogs seem to love the smell, texture and taste of the bones. They do smell very meaty and rich and when they bite down on them they make an incredible crunching sound. I would say that medium to large dogs would be able to cope with these bones but for much smaller dogs with little jaws they might be a bit too crunchy and hard.

However, they make the perfect reward for my own dogs and I will continue to buy them as long as my dogs enjoy them! You can purchase these from many stores including major supermarkets, pet stores like Pets At Home and general stores like Wilkinsons. They cost me around £1.70 up to £2 a box which I believe is a reasonable price.

26.06.2015 22:42

Advantages

• "Thick and filling"
      • "Great combination of fruits"

Disadvantages

• "More expensive than other brands"

A Delicious Smoothie Drink!

This Pure Fruit Pineapples, Bananas and Coconuts smoothie blend is my favourite Innocent Smoothie. I first tried it last year during the summer and it's the perfect flavour for a delicious cooling drink in the sun.

Innocent smoothies are fairly expensive especially in comparison to other smoothie brands but I do think they are worth it for the flavour and texture. This particular carton cost me £3 for 750ml. It's a smaller carton size than most other drinks I buy but I would say it's big enough for this drink because it's a drink you probably only want to drink a few times as a treat rather than for everyday.

This particular combination of fruits is quite creamy and thick. It's a pale yellow colour and it has a wonderful aroma of fresh coconut and ripe banana when you pour it out. It's so thick that it coagulates in the dispensing nozzle neck and you may need to scoop out the thickest cream with your finger or the end of a knife.

The flavour is quite mild and I would say that banana is the most obvious flavour. There are hints of pineapple which come through and the coconut milk is detectable in the aftertaste. The drink actually contains a small amount of pressed apple, orange and lemon. There are no other ingredients. The fruits used are shown in photo form on the side of the carton. There is also an easy read nutrtional chart which shows me that the product contains a great deal of vitamin C as well as fibre and protein.

The smoothie is very filling, more so than other fruit drinks probably because of the flesh of the banana is quite bulky and coconut milk is quite heavy too. Therefore this is a drink I often just have on it's own rather than with food. It's delicious and refreshing.

I would definitely purchase this drink again as it's very good quality and has a flavour which I love. It's also unique as I have found no other smoothie blend which uses this particular combination of ingredients. You can find the drink at selected supermarkets in the UK.