cyberem78

cyberem78
  • Comments

Member since: 15.09.2008

26.01.2015 16:21

Advantages

• "Helps calm sensitivity "

Disadvantages

• "Can be expensive"

Lovely Flavour & It Reduces Sensitivity!

I started using this toothpaste last month after suffering from some sensitivity in my teeth when eating or drinking cold items. The toothpaste costs me £2.99 at a local bargain retailer which is slightly more than I'm used to paying but I'm happy to pay more for the benefits.

You get 75 mls of paste in a soft, squeezy tube. This comes boxed with lots of helpful information printed on the outer packaging. Basically the past can help protect teeth from the effects of acid erosion. This is when teeth enamel is worn down by the acids in our daily diets. The brand state this toothpaste contains minerals which "penetrate deep into the enamel surface", re-hardening any weak areas of enamel.

The paste has a really lovely mild flavour which is unusual. It has a mild minty taste but also an aftertaste of sweet vanilla and almonds. It also has a slight aniseed flavour to it which may be something not everyone will like.

The paste is quite runny and it doesn't work up into a lot of bubbles when you brush. It stays quite liquid-like but I am still able to brush my teeth well. It definitely gives a great clean and it also freshens my mouth. I would say you need to use more of this paste than the average toothpaste to get a good clean though.

This paste is basically a miracle product for me as it has really helped with my sensitive teeth. I was a little skeptical before buying this but it genuinely does reduce sensitivity caused by temperature changes on the tooth surface for me. I also feel very confident that my teeth are looking and feeling really good since starting to use this paste. I therefore plan on continuing to purchase this in this future. I would reocmmend the product to those who need a paste for sensitive teeth or to those who are looking for a slightly different kind of paste than they usually buy.

25.01.2015 21:30

Advantages

• "Has fresh fragrance"
      • Inexpensive

Disadvantages

Keeps My Dogs Lovely And Fresh!

My two dogs go on long walks on a daily basis and tend to get up to all sorts of things. My spaniel has a longer coat in the winter and tends to wade through muddy pools whilst my terrier seems to have a knack at finding the smelliest spots to roll in! They also meet a lot of other dogs and have brought home a few flea hitchhikers on a couple of occasions! Needless to say my dogs both need regular baths. One of the places I regularly shop at for pet supplies is Wilkinsons (or Wilkos). They have a wide range of affordable and good quality products to choose from.

In terms of shampoo it's actually quite hard to find an inexpensive flea repellent shampoo. Pets at Home tend to charge exorbitant prices whilst any shampoos sold in the supermarkets tend to be big brand name products with a high price tag too. Wilkinson's own make flea shampoo is only £2.50 though and after using it regularly I can testify that it's of a great quality.

The shampoo comes in a 250ml sized transparent recyclable bottle with a easy flip up top. This can be quite handy when you are trying to keep a bath-hating dog steady with one hand and only have one hand free to hold the shampoo bottle! The liquid is a thick and gooey and is a pale green colour. It flows easily so it's easy to squeeze out and into the dogs' fur. It can be agitated into a foam very easily too and it turns into a thick, creamy lather.

The fragrance of the shampoo is not particularly appealing to my dogs (surprise, surprise!) but I find it rather pleasant. It's not a scent I'd ever associate with anything other than dog shampoos, however! It does have a fresh, herbal fragrance which is suitable for both male and female dogs. It is detectable after the dogs have been dried and for perhaps a week afterwards.

I use this to help my dogs stay clean and flea free and I'm happy to say that they rarely have fleas and during any infestation period I will wash the dogs with this shampoo more regularly and it works!

I would recommend this shampoo to any dog owners as it's inexpensive, nice smelling and effective at cleaning my pups and keeping them flea free. The product is available online at Wilko or in high street stores.

25.01.2015 21:13

Advantages

• "Dogs enjoy playing with them"

Disadvantages

• "Rubber turns black over time"

Dogs Enjoy Playing With These!

I have two dogs, an English Springer Spaniel and a Terrier Cross and they are both dogs who love playing with different types of toys. They have toys that they like to chew, toys they like to fetch and they have toys that they just like to carry. This rubber ring from Wilko falls into the latter category.

I have actually bought a few of these rubber rings. They cost me £1.99 each and all of the rings I have purchased have been bright yellow. The rings are comprised of a rather heavy, dense rubber and their diameter is similar to that of a tea-plate.

My dogs, particularly the spaniel, like to pick these rings up and simply walk around with them in their mouths. I gather their round shape and slightly wobbly consistency makes the rings unsuitable for a long chewing session. However, the dogs will still bite down on these quite hard as the rings are indented with teeth marks! My terrier often drops the ring onto the ground and watches it bounce slightly before jumping at it and carrying it around again!

The rubber on these rings tends to develop a strange slightly bubbled texture over time and unfortunately all of my rings have turned an unsightly black colour. I'm not sure why this happens but the black colour is not washable on the ring. It's not an outer coating of dirt it's the actual rubber that seems to blister and mold. At a certain stage the rings then need to be thrown out due to this.

However, the rings last long enough to justify their price and I will gladly purchase more of these in the future because my pets enjoy to play with them. You can find them in the pet product aisle in Wilkinsons on the high street or search the online store at:

www.wilko.com

• Tassimo Cafe Crema / Coffee / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      24.01.2015 17:48

Advantages

Disadvantages

Too Bitter For Me!

The product I'm reviewing is the Jacobs Caffe Crema which is described as being the "fullbodied and smooth" variety. There are other varieties of this particular blend available. I buy this product for use with my Tassimo T20 coffee making machine.

The product comes as 16 plastic pods or T discs which each produce a medium sized drink of 140 mls. The coffee is described as having an 'intensity' of flavour of 4 on a scale of 7 where 7 is the strongest flavour.

The brand state that the coffee is "rich full bodied and intense" and say that it has a "delicate" topping of 'crema' which is a bubbly, foam surface which you may be familiar with if you drink coffee from high street coffee shops.

The coffee is a deep brown shade with a thin layer of white froth floating on the top. The coffee is very flavoursome, earthy and rich with a bitter, biting aftertaste that lingers in the mouth and at the back of the breath. It's a coffee I have to drink with milk and sugar to enjoy as it's just a little too sharp and pungent otherwise. I would advise adding a reasonable amount of milk (perhaps as much as a quarter of the drink) as well as a spoon of sugar. However, even when made up this way it's still way stronger than any kind of instant coffee I've ever had. The 'crema' layer is very weak too and rather disappointing.

Compared to other Caffe Crema's I prefer other brands such as Kenco. This is a little bit too bitter and has too much of a burned flavour to it which needs to be diluted with milk or sweeteners for the non hardcore coffee drinkers like me.

I don't think I would buy this again but I think it's always worth a try as I think how a coffee tastes is something that is very individual to every person. The product can be purchased online at the Tassimo website shop or you may find it in your local supermarket. They cost around £3.99 for a pack of 16 pods.

• Nestle Quality Street / Chocolate / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      24.01.2015 16:32

Advantages

• "Many Different Varieties"

Disadvantages

Satisfies My Sweet Tooth!

I'm often asked by friends and family what kind of sweets I would prefer as a birthday or Christmas gift. I always give the same answer: Quality Street. They are by far my favourite affordable sweet collection because of their diversity and high quality.

I most recently received a large box of these Nestle branded sweets at Christmas time. They came in an octagon shaped box which is 756g in chocolate weight. The box has a lid which peels off and which can be clicked back into place easily. I actually like keeping these large boxes for storage in the shed after use. They make great boxes for things like nails and bolts!

The box has information printed on the bottom. It's hard to believe that these sweets have been around for more than 75 years but that's what the information states. There is also a list of full ingredients and a nutritional value chart. Whilst the sweets have no artificial colours, flavours, hydrogenated fats or preservatives they are not suitable for nut allergy sufferers (as they contain hazelnuts) or those who are lactose intolerant. They are suitable for vegetarians though.

The sweets inside are wrapped in very colourful foil which is covered in a cellophane layer for extra protection. They are very bright and look like sweets made for celebrations. Each sweet has a certain shape and colour which identifies what they are. It is not likely that you would mix two sweets up as they all look very different.

My personal favourites in the collection are the Noisette Green Triangle. This is a milk chocolate truffle made out of a soft, creamy hazelnut pate. I also love the strawberry creams as the fondant centre is so runny and delicious. The Orange Crème is similar but the fruitiness is quite tangy contrasted against a crisp dark layer of chocolate. There are a few toffee varieties which are rather similar although the toffee penny stands alone as having the most creamy, milky, melt in the mouth toffee you could imagine!

What I like about the collection is that although there are similar ingredients in many of the sweets they all taste completely individual. The Caramel Swirl is a case of soft, melty caramel in a milk chocolate that seems to have a rather cocoa rich bite. Whilst the Purple One is also a milk chocolate and caramel blend (along with a whole hazelnut encased in the centre) but it has a different flavour and texture.

These sweets are fun to share and they can provide a night's entertainment as you can enjoy many different flavours and experiences with the box. I would recommend them to anyone who has a very sweet tooth! These larger boxes are around £5 but smaller boxes are also available.

22.01.2015 16:44

Advantages

• "Reasonably priced"
      • "Cleans teeth well"
      • "Has a pleasant minty flavour"

Cleans Teeth Well

I recently bought this toothpaste because it was on offer at only 75p. It's difficult to find toothpaste at less than £1 nowadays so I was very pleased with the price.

I have used Colgate in the past but they have so many varieties of paste it's hard to remember which ones you have used before. However, I don't think that I have used this particular variety in the past.

The product comes boxed with information about the paste and brand printed onto the outer packaging. The tube is 100ml in size and is soft and malleable which means it's easy to squeeze out the paste. It has a flip style lid which clicks back into place after use.

The brand state this paste can provide "cavity protection" as well as teeth strengthening and a fresh breath. It is a fluoride toothpaste.

When I squeeze out the paste it has a thick white layer with two stripes of different coloured blue gel. I like to use as much as my brush will take. When using the paste it turns into a turquoise blue foam which can expand slightly in the mouth and which may require spitting out at intervals. The texture of the paste is strange as at first you can feel the difference between the spongy gel and the grittier paste but then they melt together.

I use this twice or sometimes three times a day. It has a pleasant, minty flavour without being too strong. It certainly freshens my mouth and breath which makes me feel confident. It also cleans teeth well until they have that sleek feeling when I rub my tongue over their surfaces after using the paste. My tongue has a strange, cool feeling after use which I really like.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who would like a toothpaste that cleans teeth really well but also has a pleasant texture and taste. It is widely available at supermarkets and chemist stores in the UK.

• thetrainline.com / Internet Site / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      22.01.2015 15:05

Advantages

• "Best Fare Finder facility"
      • "Easy to use website"

Disadvantages

• "Not always the cheapest tickets"

A Good Website To Book Your Train Tickets

I often use the train to travel around the country to visit places and people. The Trainline.com is one of many websites I use to book tickets.

The website is easy to navigate and the search facility is well organised. It is easy to find details of fares and journeys, including the cheapest fares available by using the Best Fare Finder facility.

The website requires you to register before booking tickets. This is an easy process and it can make it simpler to book when you return to the site in future. Their email communication is not excessive.

The website also has options to book hotels and short journeys although I have not personally wanted to do this.

One plus I have to say about The Trainline.com is that I recently wanted to go on a journey south. This involved changing three times on the service. I tried three other rival websites first and as I got through to the end of the booking service I was suddenly told that there was no tickets left on the train I'd chosen. However, when I went to The Trainline.com I was able to book on the same train and journey with no problem.

I do tend to visit other ticket sites before this. They don't offer the cheapest tickets although they claim they do. They also charge a booking fee. I believe this was £1.50 last time I booked. They also have charges of about £1.50 for using credit cards but not for debit cards. They also don't offer me the same rewards for buying as other sites do. There is

The firm offer home delivery or pick-up from over 1000 stations nationwide. They mail you a reference number which you need to take to the self-service machines in the stations. You also need the card which you used to pay to retrieve your tickets. This is an easy process.

I would certainly recommend trying this website if you are looking to buy a train ticket. However, I'd also recommend searching for the same trip on other sites like Eastcoast and Redspottedhanky. I have had no issues with The Trainline.com though, so I will definitely be using them again in the future.

• asda.co.uk / Online Shop / 7 Readings / 7 Ratings
      20.01.2015 18:08

Advantages

• "Great delivery options"
      • "Friendly staff"
      • "Fun & easy to use website"

Disadvantages

• "Some substitutions can be odd"

A Great Way To Shop!

I am now a regular shopper with Asda online for my groceries. I first tried shopping on line many years ago and had some bad experiences from late delivery to ridiculous substitute items. However, after a broken foot forced me to try the service again I discovered there had been a lot of positive changes and I enjoyed the experience so much that I have become a regular shopper with Asda online. I order both to Click and Collect and for home delivery.

The Asda groceries website is easy to navigate although sometimes the products aren't listed in the way you'd expect them to and seem a bit jumbled up. You can refine your search by brand or category, however, to make it a bit easier. You can access your virtual shopping trolley throughout the online process so it's easy to remove an item if you change your mind or increase the quantity of an item.

The prices on the Asda groceries site is the same as in store but you unfortunately miss out on any Oops! labelled items. You also take the risk that whatever fresh items you buy might have a very close sell by date. It's also occasionally difficult to tell the size of a product when the size is given in weight. I have ended up with lots of mini tins and bathroom products due to this.

If an item you order is not in stock you can opt to receive substitutes. You are charged the same amount as your original item would have been. I've had some odd replacement products which were nothing like the original order. I've also had some nice surprises like getting 6kg more dog food than I ordered at the same price. You can choose to decline the substitutions if you choose.

The new Click and Collect service is brilliant as it saves time and saves the hassle of having to haul items through a busy store. I often order heavy or bulk items this way. The staff member loads these into your boot. All of my Click & Collect experiences have been good with quick delivery times and friendly staff. The service is free.

Home delivery can incur a charge depending on which time slot you choose. I tend to get delivery for only £1 but this often means choosing a late slot. However, the drivers will call or text before arriving and they have often come early. I live in a fairly quiet area so this may be a reason why they can do this though!

Overall I love shopping with Asda online. It's actually my preferred way of shopping now and I would recommend it to anyone who hates going to busy stores or to those who can't get out and about.

19.01.2015 21:13

Advantages

• "Light display is awesome."
      • "Beautiful pony."

Disadvantages

• "She is heavy and must always wear the gown."

A Beautiful Light Up Pony Toy!

As a My Little Pony enthusiast since childhood I now spend my time looking out for older ponies whenever I'm at a car boot sale or jumble sale. This is how I found this delightful pony. Her name is Lily Lightly.

She is a G3 or third generation My Little Pony style model so she is basically now considered something of an antique!

She is a purple pony and her body is comprised of a harder plastic than the usual soft rubber these toys are usually made from. This is because Lily Lightly is a light up pony with a system of wires and batteries hidden in her belly!

On her chest she has a push button in the shape of a star. When you press this she blinks her eyes. Her horn turns a sparkly blue and the light radiates in and out. Her long Queen-like dress is also dashed with lights which turn red and blue.

Lily's mane is exceptionally long and is in shades of pink and purple with white pearly glitter strands through it. Her tail is normal length with blue and pink streaks. Her gown has a taffeta style ruffle top with blue and white ruffles underneath. It is attached at the
      neck.

Lily Lightly has a magnetic chip in her foot which enables her to participate in pony play sets. Her hip is printed with a flower design although this is hidden by her dress.

As a My Little Pony fan I have always liked ponies which were more versatile than Lily Lightly. She comes already dressed with a removable tiara and shoes but she must wear her long dress always. This limits play with her somewhat. She is a heavy pony too and her gown can get in the way when you pick her up. I imagine that prolonged play would cause the gown to fray a lot.

Lily Lightly's light display never gets old though and she looks absolutely beautiful when her unicorn horn lights up and her gown takes on the rainbow sparkles of a Christmas light show. The batteries in my pony have lasted a long time which I'm pleased about, especially considering my pony is second hand!

If you can find this pony for sale anywhere I would recommend it to anyone who loves My Little Pony or has kids who love the My Little Pony Characters.

• Tassimo Creamer From Milk / Coffee / 7 Readings / 7 Ratings
      19.01.2015 10:15

Advantages

• "Creates a milky foam"

Disadvantages

• "Slightly salty"

Quality Creamer Discs From Tassimo

I have had a Tassimo Coffee Maker machine for a couple of years now. When my family and I first started using the pods with the machine we all agreed that the beverages we were making were much stronger than we were used to drinking. Although some drinks come with a creamer the drinks never seem milky enough for our tastes!

I purchase much of my pods directly from the Tassimo website and when browsing the shop site I noticed that you are able to purchase a packet of Creamer from Milk pods. You can use them as you please to make your coffees, teas or hot chocolates more milky.

One packet provides 16 pods for around £3.89 a packet. This is slightly cheaper than the average coffee package but just marginally. In the packet the pods have a plastic casing with a foil top printed with a bar code. You insert this pod into the machine and the appropriate amount of hot water is flushed through the pod and into your cup.

The Creamer From Milk contains more ingredients than I imagined. It's actually comprised of reduced ultrafiltered milk concentrate (84%) as well as sugar, salt, water and an acidity
      regulator.

The Creamer has a very specific flavour and aroma. It has a slightly sour smell which reminds me of clotted cream or very creamy cows milk. When it is flushed into your mug it usually becomes quite frothy and foamy, settling in white bubbles on the surface of your drink. This foam tends to melt and dissolve the longer you have your drink.

The flavour is pleasant although there is a hint of too much saltiness for me. It definitely changes the flavour of any drink you add it to and has it's own distinct flavour too. It's generally has a soothing, soft effect.

The Creamer makes coffees, teas and hot chocolates taste less sharp which is my preference. It dilutes strong drinks and creates that fun foam that everyone loves to sip at coffee shops. In terms of the quality these Creamers are just as good as the ones you may be used to at major coffee shops.

Although major supermarkets now sell Tassimo discs/pods I have never seen these Creamers available at anywhere but the Tassimo website.

I would recommend these if you are finding your Tassimo drinks a little too strong or if you enjoy a thicker top foam on your drink. They are handy to have in your collection should you need or want to have a milkier drink.

• amazon.co.uk / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      18.01.2015 14:55

Advantages

• "Huge range of products"

Disadvantages

My First Choice For Online Shopping!

Amazon is a shopping site where you can buy many products including books, DVDs, music, clothing, grocery items, household items and more. Amazon are directly responsible for supplying many of the items featured on their website but they also have a 'Marketplace' for independent sellers too.

I've had an account with Amazon for many years and have always found them to be a very fair and helpful retailer. I primarily shop there because it tends to be cheaper in all departments compared to other stores. There has been some controversy about this recently though, when it was discovered the firm don't pay as much tax as they are expected to pay.

My favourite categories on Amazon include clothing. They sell a wide range of branded products and also feature exclusive stores and catalogue comapnies like Esprit, La Redoute, Joe Browns and more. I like that they also feature clothing ranges from Europe so that you are always guaranteed to find something unique from the clothes on the UK high street. Delivery for clothes is fast and the items are well packed. I ordered something just before Christmas and was surprised when it arrived just before Christmas Eve, a good 7 days before the expected delivery date. It makes me think the firm are very considerate to their customers.

I also have a digital music account with Amazon since their single MP3s are usually about 20p cheaper than rivals and their albums are at a reduced price too. There is so much choice and an excellent search facility which allows you to basically search for any track in existence on their site. They have an easy downloader program which allows me to access the files quickly. They also provide the MP3s to any physical album you have purchased in the past so that even some albums I don't have anymore I still have the option to own the MP3 version thanks to Amazon.

Amazon have a very diverse product line and I often shop their for random things like pet medicine, garden items, comedy gifts, gadget type items, computer things and more. They have an excellent electronics range and I have purchased a DVD player from them in the past. I also regularly buy my computer equipment there and I am always impressed by the price and the quality of the items.

Returns are free and you can use royal mail or drop off at a specific shop like a local newsagents, details of which are available as you go through the returns process. Refunds are given super fast!

Amazon have an American site on the .com domain so if you are a UK customer be sure to go to the .co.uk domain to sign up for an account. I would recommend the site to anyone who wants a fuss free online shopping experience and who wants to pay less.

17.01.2015 16:55

Advantages

• "Creates relaxing atmosphere"
        • "Smells strong"

Disadvantages

• "Glitter sticks to bath tub"

A Bath Treat With A Surprise!

I recently received this Lush Bath Ballistic as a gift. Although I'm a regular customer at Lush I'd never tried this product before.

For those who don't know Lush ballistics are large balls of compressed powder and essential oil ingredients which fizz and dissolve once submerged into bath water. They usually provide fragrance as well as being infused with luxury oils which can condition the skin.

The Dragon's Egg ballistic looks very curious. It is a large white ball around the size of a cricket ball. I think it's perhaps a little too big, to be honest as 3/4 or even half the amount would suffice for use in one bath.

The ballistic is white and has pieces of what look like confetti shapes stuck inside it. These pieces are brightly coloured in red and yellow and are comprised of little balls or flat circular discs. When placed into a bath of warm water the ballistic starts to foam up and dissolve gradually. The foam erupts so quickly that the coloured pieces are ejected into the water and float around on the surface of the water. The water turns a cloudy white initially.

However, there is a real surprise at the core of the Dragon's egg - the yolk! This is a core of orange powder which is infused with gold glitter. When the outer white layer of the ballistic has dissolved this inner layer suddenly busts open and out pours this shimmering mass.

The ballistic is perfumed with a fragrance that smells like exotic Moroccan oils. It's a very strong perfume which fills the room and which makes your skin smell strongly even when dry. The perfume seems to increase when the inner segment of the ballistic is breached, although I'm not totally sure.

The water is transformed into a slightly oily substance which feels silky and moisturising. The surface of the water is not really bubbly but it does have a thin layer of white creamy substance on it.

I very much enjoyed using this ballistic. I like the fragrance at it is feminine and feels luxurious. The scent is relaxing. I also like how my skin feels after use as it feels soft and well conditioned.

My only negatives about this product is that firstly I think there is too much of it. I think half the size would suffice and at the price of £3.35 it is a lot for one bath treat. My second issue is that the gold glitter sticks to the tub after use. Lastly the confetti pieces seem to take on a soggy texture as they float and eventually look like pieces of shredded jellyfish which isn't pretty to look at or to touch.

However, overall I have a positive impression of this product and I would buy it again as a treat for myself or as a gift.

www.lush.co.uk

16.01.2015 13:57

Advantages

• Filling
        • "Taste nice"

Disadvantages

• "A little bit too crispy"

A cheaper breakfast option...

I bought these when I was shopping in Aldi as a replacement for my usual product which is Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Prices of cereals seem to have crept up so much that I can barely afford the big brand name products. However when I saw this box at Aldi for only £1.39 I thought it was worth trying them.

These are manufactured by Harvest Morn and they come in a 500g box which looks suspiciously like the Kellogg's equivalent. The box is printed with lots of helpful information about the cereal. This includes full ingredients, a colour coded nutritional chart and dietry advice.

These are suitable for vegetarians. They are not suitable for those with a nut allegy since they contain 7% of chopped peanuts. They also contian maize, honey, molasses, sugar, barley malt extract and are fortified with Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamins B6 and B12, folic acid and iron. The colour coded nutritional chart shows that the sugar levels are very high at 11g per 40g serving.

The flakes are smaller and darker than they appear in the picture on the front of the box. They are more like a light toasted brown than a golden colour. They have a very rich, nutty aroma which is pleasing. They are covered with small crushed pieces of peanuts.

I like the flavour of these very much. They are sweet and yet the nut flavour counteracts that slightly. You can really taste the molasses over the honey though and they also have a flavour that suggests they are toasted.

The texture of the flakes is a little bit too crunchy but not so much that I have trouble eating them or am put off by their crispiness. They remain crispy in milk throughout the breakfast period and don't go very soggy which I think is a plus as I really dislike getting to the last mouthfuls of a cereal that has turned squidgy!

I find the flakes filling and satisfying to my sweet tooth. I also like to nibble on a few dry pieces when I'm hungry between meals.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and would go on buying these over the more expensive big brand products. I would recommend these to anyone who enjoys sweet, nutty cornflakes for breakfast.

• Simply Be / Highstreet Shopping / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
        15.01.2015 18:15

Advantages

• "Wide range of clothing available"

Disadvantages

• "Too many phone calls and fliers"

Wide Range Of Clothing But They Won't Stop Bothering Me!

Simply Be is a catalogue company who now also have stores on the high street in the UK. I am reviewing the catalogue service which I began using with a family member a few years ago. The brand are known for their clothing in larger sizes although they now start from a size 12. I am a size 12-16 on the top depending on the fit of the item and when I purchase an item from the catalogue I always feel it is slightly larger than the standard size in whatever standard size I order.

The brand have a wide range of styles and brands available. I particularly like their association with Joe Browns as they have a unique section of clothes and accessories available. Other than that you can also buy casual clothes, party styles, work clothes, sports clothing and more. The brand also sell shoes, swimwear and lingerie.

After ordering from the catalogue many times I can say that the quality of items that are delivered is usually good. I have only had a couple of times where there has been a problem. Once I got a top with a big burn hole in the back of it, for instance. Usually though, the items are fine.

What I really want to address in this review though is the customer service. Having been a good customer for many years I started to receive many phone calls from the firm asking me to buy things out of the blue. The phone calls are like pressure calls and the staff can really get you tongue twisted and spend a long time trying to make you buy something you have never shown any interest in. It's feels like bullying, to be honest, and although I have asked them not to call back they still do every few weeks. I have actually been called multiple times in one week and they will phone until you answer them. They will ask you to buy towel sets or televisions or pans and if you say no they will offer you something else. It's absolutely horrible. The mailings you receive through the door are also far too frequent with 3 fliers a week sometimes appearing.

The delivery charges are also a problem for me. There are no free delivery options or returns. This can really add to the cost.

The online account is easy to login to and you get an email update about your order which is helpful.

However, I generally feel under pressure to buy, buy, buy with this firm and I really wish I'd never opened an account with them as I hate being bothered so much by them. My advice would be to buy in one of their stores rather than sign up to the catalogue.

• Aldi Lacura Cotton Buds / Baby Care / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
          15.01.2015 17:54

Advantages

• "Useful for many tasks"
          • "Soft cotton tips."
          • Cheap

Cheap Cotton Buds!

I have started shopping in Aldi regularly as it saves me a good £20 on my shopping bill every time I go there. On my latest trip I remembered I needed cotton buds. I am usually loyal to the Johnsons brand but when I saw these Lacura Cotton Buds on sale for only 35p for 200 buds (an approximate amount) I just had to try them.

The buds come in a little plastic box with a sticky label over the lid. I recommend tearing the label at one end only so the lid is easier to replace on the top of the box. The box is the perfect size for storing in a bathroom cupboard or drawer.

The label has a little bit of information printed on it. The brand state that these buds are "absorbent, soft and gentle". They recommend using them for babies or for removing make-up. I personally use buds for various things such as cleaning my ears, cleaning my pet's teeth, household cleaning, removing smudges of nail varnish from my fingers etc.

The buds are 3 inches long with pure cotton tips at both ends of the plastic stalk. The cotton is thick and soft but is not bound to the bud end as well as the Johnsons variety I usually use. On these Lacura buds the cotton tip moves around a bit more but this isn't a huge problem. They still work as well as the more expensive brands of cotton buds for all the purposes I use them.

I am amazed at the price of these! I will continue to purchase them in the future as they are so handy and the design and quality of these is better than I would have hoped for given the cheap price. I would recommend them to anyone who uses cotton buds regularly and in particular to those who use a more expensive brand as I feel these Lacura buds would satisfy everyone.