cyberem78

• Comments

Member since: 15.09.2008

30.07.2015 10:13

Advantages

Disadvantages

Love My Radley Handbag!

I bought one of these Radley bags a while ago after a family member had purchased one and I saw her using it. I thought the bag looked stylish, was the perfect size and looked very practical and comfortable. I bought the bag from a department store and I think it was around £60 although Radley can be found in a variety of stores and prices will vary according to the retailer.

I purchased this bag in the medium size, with a smaller and larger size also being available. The bag I have is black with the finish being shiny but not high gloss. The bag has a cross body strap which is fairly thick and is adjustable. It feels comfortable on the shoulder even when the bag is heavy. Where your hand might naturally hold the bag close to the base it is slightly wider.

The bag has a zip fastening for optimum security as well as a zipped pocket within the main section of the bag and a 'pouch' or side section for easy access which also has a zip. I find the zips easy to pull open and closed as they have long tags on them. I feel very safe walking around with this bag as it allows me to carry all of my items safely.

The bag is big enough to fit essentials in it such as a purse, phone, a shopping bag, glasses case, small make-up items etc although putting too much inside causes it to bulk and look a bit misshapen. I think it look's best when not very full.

Design wise I really love the cute little leather dog tag that hangs from the edge of the bag. My original dog was pale blue but I found a cute Radley charm with a dog and her puppies which I loved and have replaced the original tag. You can find these tags at departments stores, specialist bag stores and online.

My bag has endured really well and doesn't show any obvious signs of wear and tear despite being used around 4-5 times a week. It's a bag that matches any outfit and can be worn with casual clothing as well as when I'm dressed up so I use it very often.

I would recommend this bag to anyone looking for a great quality, practical, popular and stylish handbag.

• Dahlias / Plant / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      29.07.2015 17:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

Beautiful Colours, Bright & Eye Catching!

I recently saw a beautiful flowering plant when I was out shopping and thought it would brighten up my garden. This plant turned out to be a Dahlia and the plant I bought had several different colour flowers on it which looked stunning. There are several varieties of Dahlia and many different colours available too.

I would describe my Dahlia as being one of the most eye catching flowers in the garden. This is because the flowers are such amazing colours. The petals of the flower heads on my plant are not a flat colour but seem shaded with multiple hues. For instance some of the flowers look red streaked with orange and yellow and some look peach striped with crimson. The flowers have large fluffy hearts and the petals are quite stiff with spiky ends.

The plant has leafy stems with very dark, thick green leaves which look wet as they have a slightly waxy sheen to them. The buds pop up out of the leafy mass and flower gradually throughout the summer.

One thing I've noticed about my Dahlia is that it is very attractive to pollinating insects. I literally had bees on this during the planting process! It can be an important plant for wildlife gardeners and I planted it in a flower bed so that the bees and other insects can enjoy the whole area.

The plant I have looks wonderful in my border and is of a size that means only very large pots would be suitable for pot planting. It is easy to maintain and is quite sturdy and not vulnerable to damage caused by inclement weather or rowdy pets!

This is a lovely plant for any sized garden and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys very bright coloured, large and eye catching flowers.

29.07.2015 16:44

Advantages

Disadvantages

Spiritual, Racy, Funny and Moving Novel

Jack Kerouac is an author I discovered when I was a teenager and whom I regard as my favourite author. 'Visions Of Cody' is a book that was written to honour one Kerouac's friends and the inspiration of his most celebrated novel 'On The Road'. This book goes even further in bringing the energy and madness of the Dean Moriarty character Neal Cassady. In this novel Cassady is ascribed the pseudonym 'Cody'.

The book is a large volume although part of the reason for this is that the middle section of the novel is filled with transcripts of a recorded conversation featuring Kerouac and Cassady. This word for word record of this conversation is sandwiched by slightly more conventional style prose, a semi-autobiographical account of Kerouac's life with the 'Beat Generation'.

Kerouac's writing style is beautiful and moving, blending a sense of the spiritual with the modern world. Much of his writing seems like poetry and a lot of the time it trails off without explanation, forcing you to find your own meaning behind the text. Much of the text is quite abstract and there are also sections of poetry which delve into the mind of the author but are unrelated to the actual story, as well as passages of translated French (Kerouac was of French Canadian background) or abstract drawings recreated for us which look like the doodles of a absent minded dreamer.

I regard Kerouac as a rather strange and deeply spiritual author. Many people enjoy his work because of the fact it focuses on the ideas of counter culture, of sexual freedom etc. This book does focus on those things but it mainly paints Cassady as a kind of saint in the eyes of Kerouac. Cody is described as someone whom Jack has seen in visions and both his physical features and his lifestyle are praised and celebrated. Kerouac states: "I have seen the star of an Angel in his eye" and goes on to describe one of his daughters as an "Empress" and another as a "great saint" whilst he likens his son to Beethoven. Kerouac really makes us believe in this great American hero who quite simply "works for a living and has a wife and kids and worries about taxes in March".

This is a wonderful book to read if you are already a little bit familiar with Kerouac although it might be quite a lot to digest if you are new to the author.

• rockmyvintage.co.uk / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      28.07.2015 15:28

Advantages

• "Unique Items available"
      • "Good service"

Disadvantages

• "Clothing is random sizes"
      • "Not all of the items have that classic vintage look"

Vintage Inspired Fashion Goodies

RockMyVintage.co.uk is a website and online shop which specialises in fashion items for women which are inspired by designs from the 1920's through to the 1970's. The brand sell casual and formal dresses, wedding clothing, handbags and purses, jewellery including rings, earrings, broaches and necklaces, scarfs, hats and hair accessories. The brand emphasise that they supply items that are vintage inspired rather than always being the genuine aged article.

My sister recommended this site to me after seeing some of the items and thinking that they would suit my fashion style and personality type. Whilst I did like some of the items and went ahead with a purchase I do feel that overall the brand isn't quite precise enough about what constitutes a 'vintage' style. The site is filled with a mixed bag of items, some the perfect example of eras past whilst some carry the look of a mass produced modern piece which could be purchased at a number of different outlets. I also think the site should categorise their collection by the era from which it is inspired too, since seeing a 1970's style item alongside a 1920's style item looks odd and, for me, lessens the attractiveness of these pieces.

The site feature a range of branded products including Zandra Rhodes, Mirabelle, People Tree, Nancy Dee, Tatty Devine and Mina. However, there tends to be only one or two items per brand so searching the site via brand isn't really an attractive option.

The site also tends to have limited sizes for their clothing too - so you may have difficulty getting what you want if you are after clothing. I advise checking the size availability prior to going through the product details.

I bought a handbag from the site and found the buying process to be simple. The site accept credit and debit cards as well as Paypal payments. They do charge and extra £2.95 for UK delivery (it's free if your order is over £75) and will deliver worldwide. I found the brand offers a personal and attentive service, possibly more so than other stores because they are a smaller business enterprise. I'm pleased with how I was treated as a customer and would definitely consider shopping there again should I ever see anything I like.

I would recommend to fans of vintage inspired goods who are perhaps looking for something a bit special or for a more individual focused sales experience. You may well find something lovely on this site!

28.07.2015 15:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Collection Of Classic Hits From The Everly Brothers

I discovered the Everly Brothers many years ago and loved the sound of their voices and the genre of music so I bought this 'golden years' album (released in 1993) as I thought it would give me the best of what the duo had to offer.

This album contains 24 of their greatest hits and will probably satisfy anyone looking for a particular well known track by the duo. Most of the tracks are fairly short but almost all of them are extremely memorable and a few of them are classic, timeless tracks.

The album opens with the catchy and bouncy 'Walk Right Back' and this highlights the perfect harmonies and succinct timing of the pair. Some of my favourite tracks on the compilation include the tender 'Let It Be Me' which is track number 10 and the rousing 'When Will I Be Loved?' at track 17.

Some of the more up tempo numbers include the rock and roll classic 'Wake Up Little Susie' and the melodramatic, beat-heavy 'Love Hurts'. Some of the tracks are perfect for a lazy day's listening and just seem to bob along at a gentle pace. Songs such as 'Til I Kissed You' and 'All I Have To Do Is Dream' fall into this category. They are really relaxing to listen to.

I'm not as familiar with some of the tracks on the latter half of the album although older listeners may know tracks like 'Ferris Wheel' and 'Problems'. However, the album ends with one of their better known songs in the curiously musically upbeat but lyrically depressing 'Bye Bye Love'.

Overall I'm happy with this compilation album. This is an album that gives me all I need from this artist and provides me with a great listening experience. I would recommend to fans and to those who are just discovering this artist.

28.07.2015 14:48

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Fantastic Guide To British Trees

This is an excellent and comprehensive guide to British Trees. I started being interested in nature many years ago and always want to increase my knowledge in this area. This is a brilliant book if you are very interested in learning about trees. The book doesn't just tell you how to I.D a tree, it goes into depth about where different types of trees will grow, what insect and wildlife they attract, what their seeds or fruit can be used for and what their wood can be used for.

The beginning section of the book is a very thorough guide to discovering different categories of trees. It gives us a basic understanding of how trees can be categorised by family and shows us the difference between leaf types, bark types and more. I am particularly pleased with the section on cut wood, how they look and feel and how they are used by manufacturers and individuals (for example, in craft work and making furniture).

The book features both illustrations and photographs to show the different trees. The book is set out well so that most of the main photography is on the right hand page and the text telling you about the tree is on the left. In most cases a picture of the leaf of the tree is shown on a plain white paper background so that it's easy to see the exact shape. There is also pictures of the tree fruit and seeds.

The text gives a lot of details about the life of tree, it's habitat, what other trees are related to it, how it's fruit can be utilised and more. I would say the details given would satisfy both a person just beginning to learn as well as those more educated in the subject.

This is a book I find incredibly educational and helpful. I very much enjoy identifying trees and learning about them and with this book in my library there is no other guide I need. I would recommend to anyone who likes nature, trees or to students.

28.07.2015 14:36

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Wonderful Wildlife I.D Guide

This is a book I've had for a while now and I absolutely love it and use it a lot. I'm a big fan of nature and spend a lot of time outdoors looking for new species of birds, animals, plants and insects. This book is perfect for those who are not experts and want a clear and easy to use identification guide.

The book contains categories of wildlife species such as birds, mammals, fungi, wild flowers etc and presents some of the most common of these categories as well as a few of the rarer things. On the left of the book there are small colour pictures whilst on the right there is a short paragraph of text which corresponds to the picture and which tells you the basic facts about it. The quality of the photographs is very good although on a few of the flower and fauna pictures a close up is needed rather than a picture taken at a distance where the detail can not be seen well enough. On things like insects and birds the photo quality is excellent though.

The text is written in a clear and concise manner. The author supplies the Latin name of each species and in the case of insects, birds and animals offers some facts about their behaviour, habitat and any visual or auditory identification markers. The author supplies some very interesting bits of information which can be a starting point to finding out more if you want to.

The front of the book is filled with a guide to watching wildlife and gives advice on how to best undertake this hobby, where to go and how to conduct yourself on any nature watch. The guide is very interesting and helpful, especially if you are new to the outdoors.

I wouldn't be without this book. If I'm out and about and see a new flower I've never seen before I can get home and look it up straight away in this book. The book is a bit too heavy to carry around outside though and it's much larger than pocket size but it's wonderful for an at home encyclopedia and ID guide of British wildlife.

26.07.2015 17:29

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Great Compilation Album

I wasn't really into this band until recently so instead of going back through all of their studio albums to discover their music I bought this 'best of' compilation. It's available quite cheaply and I only paid £3 for the physical CD on Amazon. I feel that's excellent value given there are 15 tracks on the album.

The CD contains some of the band's best known and loved songs. It includes their breakout catchy hit 'Mr Brightside' as well as the stomping hit 'Somebody Told Me'. As a new fan it's a bit strange to hear their earlier stuff as they were clearly a little bit different in style and in their approach to music. The songs on the album definitely highlight how the band have changed through the years.

My personal favourite song on the album is the wistful 'Read My Mind' which I find to be very compelling and beautiful. I have no idea what the lyrics actually refer to but they are very poetic and creative.

Lyrically, in fact, the album is filled with rather curious lines which I guess is part of The Killer's charm. Just have a listen to 'Spaceman' to see what I mean. The lyrics often feel like a stream of consciousness or rhymes for the sake of rhyming. Despite this the lyrics never seem out of place or overdone.

The album contains songs which vary in mood and meaning. The sublime 'Human' asks questions of existence and of the soul. 'Shot At The Night' feels musically and vocally precise, a big radio song that is rather serious and dramatic.

Vocally, the lead singer Brandon Flowers has a voice that can move, amuse and seduce. The early songs here showcase a possible Brit influence on his singing style (he sounds like he's aping a British accent) while in later songs he sounds fashionably American. His voice veers between a strange shy vulnerability and complete abandon.

These tracks are musically brilliant, most of them being very memorable, catchy and enjoyable. I actually didn't realise I knew as many songs from this band as I did! I guess they just burned their way into my consciousness. I would really recommend this album as it's great to listen to - it is an album that makes me feel happy.

26.07.2015 10:47

Advantages

Disadvantages

An Effective Razor

I actually won this Gillette Fusion Proglide razor in a competition. I'm a female and this is a man's razor but it suits me perfectly. I actually almost always use razors made for men as I find brands tend to fashion lady razors with delicate, hard to grip handles and tiny heads.

This razor has a wonderful design allowing you to get a sturdy grip on the handle. The top has a rubber arch with a raised up section where your thumb should be positioned. Behind this section is a ridged line so that the underside of your thumb rests on this part and will not slip. There is also a deeply ridged section on the underside of the blade handle where your fingers grip. Overall the handle is quite chunky, allowing you to have full control over where and how you move it around.

The head of the model is flexible and gently responsive to the contour of your body. The brand state that the blades are "thinner" and "finer" and that they will "glide effortlessly through hair with less tug and pull". The blade system is unique and one I've never seen before in that there are 5 lines of ultra sharp blades. There is an aloe infused moisturising strip above them and a ridged rubber section below them which stops the razor from moving too quickly over the skin or slipping.

I'm happy with the performance of the razor. It cuts very close to the skin but I have never had any problems with nicking myself during use. It is suitable for me as a woman to use on legs, underarms and bikini line.

The heads or cartridges are replaceable with any Fusion blades from Gillette. The razor tends to start looking 'gunky' when needing replaced although it's really easy to rinse off after use.

I would recommend this razor to both men and women as it's very effective and easy to use.

• Bush NE-3120 / Portable Radio / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      26.07.2015 10:21

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Stylish Retro Radio Model

I purchased this a while ago to replace another radio product. I bought it from Argos and did so because it had the technical features I wanted as well as the fact that it looked really stylish. You can no longer buy this at Argos but you may be able to find it on sites like Ebay and Amazon. There may also be similar models available and I would certainly recommend Bush on the basis of owning this model.

This is a DAB radio/clock with alarm which is designed to have a retro look. The model is designed so that it looks like a mini wooden lunchbox or old fashioned 1950's style portable radio (it measures around 20 centimetres in height). The wood is light in colour like pine or beech and it has an attractive cut and sheen. It has a handle affixed to the top with silver coloured plastic control features and speakers on the front of the model. It certainly looks unusual and very interesting and is a device that you can show off in your living space rather than just utilise it as a practical item.

The control panel buttons are fairly easy to understand with the power switch being prominent on the left of the model. The radio has DAB/FM options with 8 preset options. The clock alarm button is central on the model and is made to be a little larger than the other buttons. This is helpful because it can be pressed as a 'snooze' option when you are half awake and can only feel the buttons without opening your tired eyes! There are also buttons for choosing stations by scrolling through the bandwidth, an info button which displays details in the blue digital panel on the front of the model, and also buttons for volume control.

There are two speakers on the front of the model so the sound effect is stereo. I feel that the sound quality is excellent and I enjoy the crisp sound that I can't get from any other source such as my computer or car radio. There is a massive volume range which is actually not entirely needed as a lower volume is quite distinct. You can also plug in headphones into the back of the radio which is helpful. I also find it fairly easy to change the stations and use the controls.

The model can be operated by battery or by power cord. I have used batteries in the past but you need six 9V batteries which can be costly and time consuming to replace. I think the power cord is a better option as it's long enough to be able to situate this at a good length from the socket.

I would recommend this attractive and effective model if you can still find it. I paid around £50 for this from Argos and it was on sale at the time. As mentioned it may only be available now from private sellers.

• Joules Lottie / Shoes / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      25.07.2015 23:20

Advantages

Disadvantages

Cute and Comfy Joules Shoes!

I purchased these a while ago after seeing them in my local Joules outlet. I had not intended to purchase shoes that day but when I saw them I couldn't stop looking at them because they were so cute and the sales person noticed this and talked me into buying them. They were a little more expensive than I would have liked but I love this brand and the quality of their goods and was willing to pay the extra.

Joules' Lottie shoes come in a range of canvas designs but I have the blue polka dot shoe as shown in the Dooyoo picture. They are a dark navy blue with medium size white dots over the entire shoe. The shoes have a rubber white toe cap with white rubber edging. The heel of the shoe has a reinforced piece of material whilst the edging around top of the shoe, going down through the lace section and around the tongue also has a reinforced line of material which is a slightly darker blue colour.

The laces on the shoe are white and are like a creased ribbon so they look more distinctive than the usual laces you get on most other canvas shoes. The lace holes have a brassy coloured ring until the top lace holes which are blue. The soles of the shoe are flat so there is no raised heel but the sole has a slightly grooved pattern to ensure they have a bit of a grip. They are really made for casual wear only though and are best worn in dry weather.

I love these shoes so much and I find that they go so well with a lot of outfits. They compliment many outfits too and jazz up a jeans and t-shirt combo. They also go perfectly with leggings. As far as comfort I take a size 6 and these fit perfectly. They have a slight cushioning inside which makes them feel soft and slightly bouncy when stepping on hard surfaces. They allow my feet to move and breathe too.

I can't recall the exact cost of these but I know I paid over £20 for them. I would definitely recommend these to ladies and girls of all ages but I think they are hard to find now because they are from past seasons fashion collections although Joules are currently selling a similar canvas shoe called 'Brighton' pumps. I would certainly purchase other shoes from this brand based on my experience with these adorable shoes.

• multiyork.co.uk / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      24.07.2015 17:57

Advantages

Disadvantages

Classy, High Quality Sofas & Furniture

I first discovered this store because I was looking to buy a small unit to go in my hallway area. There are no actual stores located near me but I had seen a couple of pieces featured in a magazine which I really liked the look of and saw that they were from this store. I therefore visited the online shop and ordered directly from the website.

Multiyork sell sofas, chairs, household interiors such as desks, sofa beds, small tables, cushions and ornaments. I did not know anything about this company prior to discovering them online and I was a bit shocked to see their price range. They are at the top end of the market although some of their pieces are very exclusive and certainly worth paying the extra for.

The website is reasonably well designed although there are lots of pop up menus which make navigation more difficult. I think it would also help to make the item pictures from the main selection page a little bigger so you don't have to go into every individual item page to have a good look.

My purchase was a small wooden side table. Full details are given about all of the items on the site and this includes comprehensive details regarding measurements. There are also details given about things like the wood grain and the stain as well as the material of any attachments like drawer handles, pulls or fittings. I personally feel there is enough information on all items on the site to decide whether or not to purchase.

The site has a huge collection of sofa and chair types which are worth looking at. Although I was not considering a new purchase after browsing the site when shopping I decided I would consider my next sofa purchase from here and I ordered a collection of fabric swatches to see the quality and style. You can order five small swatches for free.

There is a large delivery fee which is a bit of a negative. It actually cost me £29 to have my table delivered which I feel is a bit too much. The delivery price varies and is connected to the price of your order. Smaller orders up to £100 only incur a £5 delivery fee so this covers things like cushions and ornaments only.

I am extremely happy with the quality of my table. It's an extremely beautiful and high quality piece of furniture which I feel is unique and eye catching. It has actually transformed the space where I have positioned it. I was happy with the time it took to arrive and the way the delivery was handled. I am considering purchasing from this firm in the future. I would recommend it to those looking for great quality furniture, unique sofas designed in the fabric of your choice and classy home accessories.

• windsmoor.co.uk / Online Shop / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      24.07.2015 15:27

Advantages

Disadvantages

An Elegant Clothing Range

Windsmoor.co.uk is an online shop selling clothing for ladies. They are part of the Jaques Vert group and are connected like a network to other brands in the same group such as Eastex, Dash, Planet and Kaliko. The Windsmoor brand is particularly known for it's jackets or coats but also sells tops, skirts, jackets, trousers, dresses and accessories. They also have a sub brand called the Colebrooke Collection which includes designs by Zandra Rhodes. In style they are similar to brands like Red Herring or Debenhams and I would say the collection is aimed at slightly older ladies or ladies of around aged 30 upwards.

The website is quite easy to navigate although for some reason it seems to take a while to load all of the products up on the main page. The page then jumps back to the top as you scroll down so it can be a bit irritating. However, in general the site is well set out. There are clear links to the sales page - they often have 'blue cross sales' where the reductions can be as much as up to 70% off. They also have a clear menu to search for specific item types.

Items are shown pictured flat as well as worn by a model. I often find some of the pictures to be a bit unflattering though! You can search by your size on this site but often the items go by the S, M, L sizing system which can be a bit more complicated. There is a main size guide which can be accessed from the main menu, unfortunately it doesn't appear on every item page in an accessible location. The Windsmoor collection actually make sizes from 10 to 24.

The prices here are fairly high but the pieces are a little more exclusive than your regular high street stores. I would advise shopping here during their sales, though, for the absolute best bargains and biggest reductions. Expect to pay around £30 for a basic top with prices stretching into the hundreds.

The brand offer standard delivery at £2.99 with a free returns system being offered should your item not fit or not be what you want. They have a no quibbles refund policy but if you are returning sales items this has to be done quickly (within 14 days) for you to qualify for a refund.

I'm very happy with the style and quality of clothing I can get from Windsmoor (as well as the parcel service) and expect to continue to shop here in the future. I would recommend the site/brand to ladies over 30 possibly who want clothing that is slightly more elegant. The brand also offer a good range of items for special occasions too.

23.07.2015 15:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

Use This For Pretty Lips!

I had previously tried a different variety of this Maybelline 'Baby Lips' lip balm and when I ran out of that I bought a different variety. This one is called 'Cherry Me' and since this is a lip balm with a hint of colour in it you may have guessed that it gives a slight staining of pinky-red when applied to the lips!

This balm can be used at any time of the day but since it's slightly tinted it is probably best used on days when you want to have a more natural look or go make-up free. However, I use my lip balm at various times including in the morning, before bed and under lipsticks and glosses.

The balm comes in a little packet which is printed with all you need to know about the product. There is a full list of ingredients on the back although I don't recognise anything since everything is listed by a chemical type name! The packet is printed with a list of recommendations from other consumers who were polled on their views of this product. The ladies using this overwhelmingly state that the lips balm improved both the look and feel of their lips. The brand also state this balm protects and moisturises lips for eight hours.

The balm is easy to apply. The colour tint is not so strong that you need to be precise about the application and I just slick it on without looking in a mirror most of the time! The colour on the lips is not as strong as you'd imagine as it's glossy and transparent, merely seeming to enhance the natural lip colours rather than paste on a different colour. It looks almost natural but much healthier than my natural lip colour. It's a pretty shade which brightens up my whole face.

The balm feels soft and sleek on the lips, immediately eliminating dryness. It is a long lasting lip balm with no need to be constantly reapplying. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and would definitely buy this again.

My balm cost me around £2.75 to buy online which I feel is a very reasonable price. It should be available to buy from stores like Boots and Superdrug. I would recommend it to any woman who enjoys using tinted lip balms.

23.07.2015 10:03

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Purple Paste That Really Cleans Teeth!

I was recently advised to use this by my dentist and I bought this toothpaste from the surgery after an appointment. Although I have tried Oral B toothpastes before this is the first time I had tried this variety. I usually use different brands and types of paste based on factors like price, quality, flavour and effectiveness but I am not usually loyal to any particular brand.

This paste comes in a 75ml sized tube which is printed with product information. The paste is called 'Brilliance' 3D White and is labelled as a whitening toothpaste. Contact information for the brand is printed on the back of the tube alongside directions for use for children under 6 who should only use a pea sized amount and be supervised whilst using. If you want any other information this can be found on the outer box which the tube comes in. You can also scan the QR code on the tube.

I was surprised to see this paste is actually a striped paste with the stripe being a pale lilac purple shade. I have never seen this colour used in toothpastes before so it was quite interesting to me. I'm sure children would also find this novel and unusual.

The paste has a mild flavour which I'm pleased about. It is minty enough to freshen your whole mouth but it doesn't burn or leave you with that toothpaste flavour for a long time after using. I brush before breakfast every day and I can eat breakfast immediately after brushing without the minty flavour causing the food to taste strange as with some strong toothpastes.

The paste seems to be working very well. It certainly leaves my teeth feeling clean and looking good too. I also brush my tongue with the paste and it cleans it well. My teeth feel sleek and well cared for after using. I can use this paste with either a manual brush or an electric brush too. I haven't noticed my teeth getting any whiter but I've only been using this a couple of weeks and the process may be so gradual that I wouldn't even notice but I'm happy with the shade my teeth are currently using this paste.

I would definitely buy this again and would recommend to others. I trust my dentist and if she has recommended this to me I feel it must be a reliable and effective product!