feefeedooya

• Comments

Member since: 23.08.2011

17.08.2012 00:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good fun and lovely to watch my daughter feeding her baby and her reaction to the fluid disappearing

I purchased the Dolls world milk and juice bottles last christmas on Amazon. I got them mainly for my little girls stocking fillers along with other Dolls World accessories. The set cost only £3.99 free postage and packing. Dolls world milk and juice bottles can be used for role play with a variety of dolls all sizes. Ok the bottle top does not fit in any of my daughters dolls mouths however she just holds it up. These are two small hard plastic dolls bottles with pink lids that don't come off. The magic fluid is in the bottles one an orange colour to look like orange juice and one white to look like milk. One tipped upside down the fluid starts to disappear and looks like they are empty and once that has happened you turn it the right way up and the bottles slowly start to fill back up. My daughter likes these little play doll bottles and role playing the feeding routine with her baby dolls. It did frustrate her the the bottles did not fit in the holes of her dolls mouths to start with but got over it quickly. Another frustrating issue was the bottom of each bottle is slightly rounded so they cant stand up and when she puts the bottle down on its side the fluid starts to disappear. These are definitely fun bottles to play with and the magic of the fluid leaving the bottle as she feeds her dolls has won her over the negatives. The bottles measure roughly two inches tall so great for little hands to hold. Any girl of any age that loves playing with baby dolls would like these. I would recommend the Dolls world milk and juice bottles to add fun and imagination at a cheap price. Recommended.

18.05.2012 12:53

Disadvantages

My three year old daughter Hollie has started showing an interest in puzzles although she has only ever had a play with the lift out shape puzzles at nursery I wanted to get her something a little more challenging. Looking around online for an age appropriate jigsaw puzzle I decided Amazon uk are the cheapest for puzzles and offer the super saver delivery. Amazon have lots of jigsaw puzzles for Hollies age group and lots of cartoon characters that she idolizes. I choose Everything's Rosie as this is her favourite cartoon on Cbeebies. Everything's Rosie jigsaw puzzle is made by Vivid imaginations a good brand we have used before when buying toys and games. The puzzle cost £3.99 free postage. Everything's Rosie jigsaw puzzle is for children age 3+ perfect for my daughter Hollie. The puzzle comes in a cardboard box decorated with pictures of the puzzles and has a flap to open the box at the top. What is great about the Everything's Rosie jigsaw puzzle is that there are three separate jigsaws in the box all individually wrapped in their own little plastic bags so not to get the jigsaw pieces mixed up. The first puzzle has 8 pieces in it and forms the character Raggles the blue bunny. Rosie is 10 piece and Holly her friend is 6 pieces. The jigsaw pieces are made from thick cardboard and the image colours are rather bright. This was the perfect first jigsaw for my daughter Hollie because the pieces are easy to pick up and hold. I stated by showing Hollie how best to lay out the jigsaw pieces and she did the Holly character first because she has the least pieces of puzzle. As well as a bright coloured character on the jigsaw each one has a coloured thick outline going round the edge of the puzzles and character so if the piece do get muddles up you know what character they belong to and the child can see the outline of the puzzle making it easier to put together. My daughter has really enjoyed Everything's Rosie jigsaw puzzles. She does them over and over again, now looking for a harder one. To be honest after helping her with the first puzzle she got the just of it and got on with it by herself and after complete each puzzle she had a big grin on her face feeling proud she had done the puzzles on her own. Everything's Rosie jigsaw puzzle teaches hand & eye co-ordination, problem solving and colour recognition. Hollie has really enjoyed working on the puzzles and enjoys seeing her favourite characters at the end. I think it is great value and highly recommend the Everything's Rosie jigsaw puzzle.

09.05.2012 00:21

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not as exciting as I had hoped for Hollie.

Hollie my daughter loves her baby Annabell doll to bits she has the brother doll version too. These dolls are played with daily and she has so many accessories for them like the pram, pushchair , bed , high chair, numerous outfits that we are running out of new things to buy them. Having had so much play from her Baby Annabell dolls I purchased the new Annabell tween doll hoping she would be a much loved part of the Annabell collection. Annabell Tween doll is made by Zapf Creation. The doll costs around £25 and can be purchased from Argos, Toys r us, Toy master and Amazon uk. I purchased the doll on november 2011 from Argos in my local town centre. Annabell Tween doll comes in a lovely gift box style packaging with the clear plastic front so you can see the actual doll and the rest was decorated cardboard. I liked the fact the cardboard packaging was decorated in yellow with pictures of the tween doll all over it , makes it a bit different and grown up looking. Removing the doll takes some time as each limb is held down with plastic cable ties so scissor were required to free her. Annabell Tween doll looks very pretty and somewhat realistic. She is a fair size measuring 17 inches tall and very light weight compared to the baby Annabell dolls. Annabell tween doll has lovely long blonde hair and she comes with a hair brush to so you can brush her. The hair looks greasy but it is coated in something to stop her hair tangling up I liked this idea and her hair does feel soft to touch. Annabells skin is made from super soft rubber or vinyl it actually feels like a real childs skin , very realistic and in the soft natural colours too. Although the Annabell tween doll is jointed on the hips and shoulders so she can move but this is disappointing as she cant sit down properly. Putting her in the sitting position means her legs are coming straight out and don't bend at all same with her arms you can move them around at an angle but the don't bend. She does however stand up and stays standing all by herself. Our Annabell tween doll comes with a purple hair brush and hair clip these have the Zapf logo on them. Her outfit is a light pink beret hair, long pink coat, long tunic top in denim blue colour, black leggings and brown furry boots. The clothes are very hard to remove from the doll as her limbs down move as explained, they are also very tight fitting this annoyed Hollie a little as she likes to dress and undress all her dolls. Another annoying thing is for the doll being made by Zapf Creation and being an Annabell doll I was disappointed to find there are no extra accessories to buy separately. You can get cheap non branded clothes apparently for the Annabell tween doll on ebay but I never purchased them as I like to stick to the brands to ensure the clothes fit and good quality etc. Hollie likes the Annabell tween doll and does play with it now and again however as she is only three I think she is lost on how role play with it and as a result of this she favours her actually baby Annabell dolls more. I if honest was a little underwhelmed with Annabell Tween doll as it seemed expensive for what it is. Annabell tween doll states it is for children age 3 years and up, I do feel perhaps Hollie was a little young for this doll even though she is 3 and it would be more suited to children age 6 years plus I feel they would get more enjoyment from the doll and be able to role play better. I do still recommend the Annabell Tween doll as she is very pretty and her clothes are good quality however just don't expect much from the doll.

21.04.2012 18:59

Advantages

Disadvantages

A nice mat thats easy to clean, not sure how long it will last for.

I got a little over excited when my local Pets at home store stocked a whole range of Me to you bear dog products. I have always love Me to You blue nosed bears and had a small collection of the teddy bears. The dog range is very cute too and the range includes toys, feeding equipment, bedding, leads and collar sets. I purchased the I love my dog feeding mat because we really did need a mat for our lil mess maker. The feeding mat cost £4.99. Pets at home and Amazon uk both sell this feeding mat at the same price. Also not just for dog lovers I seen cat ones too. Me to you feeding mat is very thin and flexible made from clear vinyl. The mat measures 18 inches and 12 inches wide a fair size and holds both of my puppy's bowls on the mat at the same time. The design on the mat is the best part, it has a soft sketched drawing of the Me to you bear and he is bending over to stroke a cute brown puppy. To the left hand side is a little poem saying, I love my dog, one little eager face, nudging at your feet, always ready for a meal, enjoying every treat. The drawings and poem are on a cream background with yellow, pink and grey paw prints going up the mat also has the Me to you logo brand on the bottom. Although the mat is made up of pastel colours it still brightens up my puppys feeding corner. The Me to you bear feeding mat is easy to wipe clean and I'm pleased about that as often stuck on dried up food on mines and takes a soapy sponge down to get it off. It is waterproof so spilled water just sits on top of the mat. I have had the mat for four months it has been great, keeps the area clean and protected. I like the fact this mat stays put and does not slide over the kitchen floor. My only little complaint with the mat is my puppy has scratched it and the marks are very noticeable and one of the corners is starting to curl upwards so not very durable. I mention this because my other one is at least two years old and still like new could be because my older dog uses it and he doesn't claw at the mat tho. Still a good purchase, looks the part and sweet for dog lovers, does the job.

19.03.2012 17:37

Advantages

Disadvantages

A super toy perfect for puppies or dogs who love soft toys.

We welcomed a new addition to our family in January a little cute Lhasa apso puppy we have named Misty. I had already purchased to bedding , bowls and food before picking her up but saved to toy buying until last. I knew I wanted a few Kong toys as they are indestructible great for chewing puppies. Pets at home have a good variety so picked up a Kong squiggles soft toy in my local store. Kong squiggles come in four different animals , a rabbit, monkey, horse and an elephant. I chose the elephant for Misty because the elephant head of the end of the toy was bigger than the rest thinking she would get a better grip of the toy during play. Kong Squiggles comes in three different sizes , small , medium and large as Misty was only 12 weeks old I bought the small size which was perfect and she is a small breed so perfect for her. Kong Squiggles size small cost me £3.99 Kong squiggles elephant is made like a soft toy, its soft covered in velour fabric and stuffed. The head is like an elephant complete with a trunk and eyes, it has elastic in the long body area so he can be stretched out and he does return to original length. The bottom of the Kong toy is round like a small ball , this has a loud squeaker inside and the Kong label is embroidered on here. Kong squiggles measures 21cm long and 5cm thick. If the toy gets dirty it can be machine washed and left to dry. Misty loves this toy so much. Its floppy so she can paw it about the floor, she nibbles it and uses the squeaker part. Its soft so she curles up next to it. This is by far her favourite toy. When Misty gets up in the morning brings squiggles with her. Kong squiggles is like her security blanket. Kong squiggles has so far survived a handful of washes, a lot of chewing and being tossed around he is definitely a great puppy toy that's sure to be a hit. I recommend Kong squiggles dog toy.

20.02.2012 18:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

Pretty sparkly necklace

I'm a little fuss pot when it comes to Jewellery, I like nice sparkly bling but has to be real yellow gold. I need jewellery that can be worn everyday not just special occasions and not to big that it may catch on doors etc. My mother got me H Samuels vouchers for Christmas with a view of my buying a new watch but instead I found a lovely Jewellery collection named Evoke. Evoke has a silver and gold collection all shimmery and bling. My eyes were drawn to the Evoke crystal heart pendant with chain. Evoke crystal heart pendant with chain cost me £89.00 from H Samuels after purchasing this a year ago I have now seen Argos selling the same thing for £49.99. Evoke crystal heart pendant comes in a white faux leather box with the gold Evoke brand on the lid, inside the box is lined with white silk and a velour cushion on which the necklace sits the packaging is very pretty and expensive looking. Evoke crystal heart pendant with chain is 9 ct gold. The chain is a curb chain, thin but sturdy and measures 18 inch long. The necklace has a clasp on the end for fastening this is fiddly as its so small but I do have my partner help to put it on but to be honest I have only took the necklace off a handful of times as I ware it all the time. The Evoke crystal heart is the main attraction to me its gorgeous. Heart is 9ct gold and solid, the back is smooth and has the gold stamps on it. Front of the heart is covered in white crystals 42 small ones, the crystals are eye catching and dazzling. Evoke crystal heart pendant hangs really nice and because the heart is solid it does not spin around or get tangled. I was worried about the chain being too thin and catching or snapping off but I have had the Evoke heart pendant with chain for just over a year now and ware it all day and night. Have had no issues with it only compliments. When the light or sun catches the heart it sparkles all over. I really love this necklace and think it looks much more expensive than it really was. If you were looking for a lovely piece of Jewellery as a gift I would highly recommend the Evoke heart pendant with chain. You can buy the heart earrings to match this necklace too.

19.02.2012 00:13

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lego fans would love these Lego city storage box and playmat in one.

This is yet another Lego product my son received for christmas. I originally wanted a Lego playmat for him to play with his Lego model cars on but these were to small and over priced so I spotted the lego city zipbin storage box and playmat on special in Argos. Lego city zipbin storage box and playmat cost £12.00 full price and when I made the purchase before Christmas it was reduced to £8.00. Lego city zipbin storage box and playmat comes in two designs, fire station or police station mat. I choose the fire station box as Lewis has the city fire station model and vehicles. Lego city zipbin storage box and playmat comes flat packed inside a yellow cardboard box with the Lego brand on the box, it did have a small picture on the box of the product. Lego city zipbin storage box and playmat measures 34 cm wide and 30 cm tall when the box is made up into the storage cube. The cube has a lid and when the mat is folded up it fits inside the lid. When made into the cube the box has fireman Lego figures on it, some putting out fires and a few standing around the fire truck the detail is lovely and bright. There are zips on each corner of the mat and has folds indented on the mat so easy to follow the folds and easy pull short zips black zips that blend into the background so not to be noticeable, Lewis can make it into the cube himself. It holds a lot of Lego or anything else my son wishes to store. The lid sits securely over the top of the box this makes it stronger and have seen my son sit books etc on top using it as a little table. When laid out as a mat it measures 74 cm wide and 66 cm long, this is big enough for my son to play with and fits perfectly on the floor space in his small bedroom. The mat when laid out is an oblong shape, the good thing being the zips are on the outside of the box and you don't feel them under the playmat due to the padding. The playmat is made up of grey roads with a few firemen in one of the corners ,the outer edge is green for the grass. The mat even has a helicopter pad which pleased my son because he has the City fire helicopter. Lego city zipbin storage box and playmat is made up of plastic shaped boards on the inside covered with some padding on both sides of the box/mat and covered with a plastic coating also great because you can wipe the mat down should it get dirty or sticky. My son recently spilt cola over it and didn't tell me for a few days until it dried in and was left sticky so a quick wipe with a damp cloth sorted the problem out. Lego city zipbin storage box and playmat is tough, durable and good fun to play on with the practical part of it being a storage box. Lewis enjoys playing on the mat with his mini figures and vehicles. Lego city zipbin storage box and playmat is for children age 3 and up. I recommend the Lego city zipbin storage box and playmat for any Lego fan.

18.02.2012 01:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

Like mini Barbies

My Daughter Hollie got a lovely Le toy van dolls house for Christmas 2011. I had purchased the dolls house in November 2011 ready for christmas but when it came to buying dolls for it there was a lack of choice. The Le toy van dolls are made from wood and don't look much like dolls more like the old fashioned peg dolls. The dolls did not get good reviews so I decided against them. I discovered the Melissa & Doug victorian doll family, these look somewhat like miniature barbie dolls that are 1:12 scale just perfect size for my daughters doll house. I knew immediately the Mellissa and Doug doll family would be a big huge hit with Hollie and look much more realistic to the ugly wooden dolls offered to go with the house. The only thing that did put me off was the word victorian as I didn't want them to look old fashioned and they aren't. I purchased Mellissa and Doug victorian doll family from Amazon uk for £15.99. The set comes in two races Caucasian or Asian, both the exact same set just different skin tones, I choose the Caucasian set for my daughter. Mellissa and Doug victorian doll family come packaged in a sweet little box that's decorated in pink with bricks all around so it looked like the dolls are in a house, you can see each doll through the packing and its made from cardboard and clear plastic easy to remove the dolls from. In the Mellissa and Doug victorian doll family you have a Dad, Mum, Daughter and a baby girl. Dad is dressed in a blue fleece jumper with brown cord trousers, he has short brown felt hair and a nice happy looking face. Mum does look slightly old fashioned with her tweed jacket and skirt on, she has long brown hair tied back with a clear elastic band. The daughter looks very nice, she has long blond hair that's held back with a hair band, you can brush her hair as its rooted into her head. The daughter is half the size of Mum and dad, she is wearing jeans and a white jacket. The Daughter is one of Hollies favourite dolls from the family, my guess would be because she sees herself in that roll and its the child. Baby doll has a bonnet and dress on , her clothes cant be removed and to be honest the detail on her face isn't as good as the rest. All the dolls have vinyl skin and poseable limbs. The body clearly has metal bendy wire inside to able movement of the each dolls limb as you can bend the arm up and it stays in position which is great because Hollie has each of them sitting in her dolls house at the kitchen table eating their dinner , they often go in the dolls family car for a drive this also requires each doll to be sitting down. The only doll that does not have poseable limbs is the baby but that's not an issue as we have a dolls cot and pram for her that requires baby to stay full length. All the dolls have lovely detail on the faces and hands, for instants you can see painted eyelashes and manicured finger nails. Mellissa and Doug victorian doll family are modern looking and look like miniature barbie dolls so Hollie can really role play with them. Hollie spends a few hours each day playing with the Mellissa and Doug victorian doll family in her dolls house, and they fit her house in size perfectly. I do highly recommend Mellissa and Doug victorian doll family and being 1:12 scale will fit most dolls houses. A really cute family, durable, easy to role play with and a reasonable price.

• LEGO Lights Dynamo Torch / Lego / 68 Readings / 64 Ratings
                    16.02.2012 23:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

Everyone wants a Lego dynamo torch.

My son is a huge Lego fan so always on the look out for nice Lego items for him. Lego have really expanded apart from Lego sets you can buy the brand has many smart novelty items too. I have reviewed a Lego torch keyring I got my son last christmas and I was so pleased with the item I had to buy this full sized Lego torch for him. The Lego lights dynamo torch cost £9.99 from Play.com with free postage. Lego lights dynamo torch comes packaged in a yellow Lego branded box but has the front of the torch showing so you can see some of the detail on it although the legs are going straight so you cant see where the light shines from or how big the Led bulbs are. Unpacking the Lego figure torch from the box takes patience as there are a load of wire ties to undo. There are a few different Lego lights dynamo torch characters to chose from like the construction, police or fireman characters but we have the original Lego man with the blue are red outfit. Lego lights dynamo torch measures 10cm tall and 4cm wide. Lego lights dynamo torch is made from tough solid plastic, as I said we have the original characters, he has a red top with blue arms and trousers. He looks just like a Lego mini figure just much larger, he has yellow hands an head with a smile on his face looks nice and happy. The Lego logo is on his top but this is actually a push in button to switch on the torch. The soles of his feet are where the Led lights are. There is one small bright Led on each foot, the area around the bulb measures 2cm although this sounds small the bulbs are very bright and let of a good amount of light. I like the fact the legs are possible so you can have him stand up on the shelf or to hold and walk about with the lights on his feet. My son uses him as a book light at night in bed so he poses Lego torch man to sit down so the soles of his feet are pointing straight across. Lego lights dynamo torch does not take batteries, it is a wind up torch. To recharge Mr Lego man you need to move his arm round and this winds him up. The good thing is it only takes around six minutes to full wind him up and you get around five hours of bright light. The bulbs start to dull when he needs wound up again. The arm you move round has a small blue tab on it with a little grip pad for comfort. It think the Lego lights dynamo torch is super cool as does my son. A real cute novelty with a practical feature, my son has used him every night since christmas and hopes to bring him camping with us in the summer. Lego lights dynamo torch is very durable, he has so far survived a few drops and a trip down the stairs , still good as new. I highly recommend Lego lights dynamo torch for kids and big kids alike.

11.02.2012 01:04

Advantages

Disadvantages

A cute Ladybird peanut feeder.

My son has an interest in birds, all started at school when his class did a topic on birds. Lewis wanted to buy some bird feeders for the garden, he saved his own pocket money for a few weeks and bought a cheap plastic one from the pet shop with a bag of peanuts to put in it this was just the start of his obsession. We have since purchased nest boxes, tables and more bird feeders the latest addition is the ladybird peanut feeder, I actually chose this one for him. I purchased the Ladybird peanut feeder from Amazon Uk as I have a voucher to use on the site. Ladybird peanut feeder cost £6.99 with free postage. There was a few other designs to choose from like an Apple and a Butterflies but I liked the Ladybird because it looks bright and cute. The Ladybird peanut feeder is a good size measuring 20 cm from the head to the bottom their is a 10 cm red hanging chain attached to the lid of the feeder. Ladybird peanut feeder is made from metal with wire mesh on the body. The mesh is bright red in colour with a few black spots on it. The mesh holes are small so only the smaller garden birds can poke their beak in to feed on the peanuts. Ladybird peanut feeder has bendy black wire legs to make it more realistic I guess and the lid is secure as it twists onto the feeder. The lid is stiff and takes a firm hand to open it to top up with the peanuts, I get my husband to open it for me. From the lid is the red hanging chain on the end of this is a hoop so you can hang it up onto a hook with a generous 10 cm of chain it could be hung anywhere in the garden. We have ours hanging down the side of our wooden shed and my son can see it from our living room window. The Ladybird peanut feeder is bright and attractive to look at this is one of the reasons I got it as I felt something bright would look better in the garden for the birds especially in this dull winter. Some of the birds we have seen pecking at the Ladybird feeder are House Sparrows, Starlings, and Tits. As I said the bigger sized birds cant their beaks in giving these little birds a chance. I highly recommend the Ladybird peanut feeder. Its good value for money, a good size and robust.

09.02.2012 20:22

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great value for money and fantatic for pre school aged children

My daughter Hollie loves arts and crafts, she has a box full of supplies to make loads of wacky creations. She can spend hours colouring in pictures and for a three year old her concentration to keeps in the lines is amazing. Hollie prefers to use felt tips for colouring but after she kept leaving the lids of the tips dried out and the pens were put in the bin so we switched to crayons. I purchased the triangular Melissa & Doug crayons after having them recommended to my by Hollies nursery teacher. Melissa & Doug triangular crayons cost £4.99 for a box of twenty four. I purchased the crayons from Amazon uk as they has a special offer on at the time. The crayons come in a hard plastic case, this is red in colour with a clear plastic lid so you can see all the crayons inside. The lid is hard to open and close this is hard for Hollie to open on her own , this suits me as then she has to ask me for help and I can constantly remind her to put each crayon away as she uses it. I hate emptying her craft box just to find a few scattered crayons at the bottom so the case storage is ideal for these crayons and its better than a small cardboard box. Each crayon has an indent on the bottom of the case so they are held in place hand for travelling with and keeps them tidy. There are two different shades of each colour of crayons, for instant pale pink and a darker pink and so it goes on for each colour etc. The crayons measure 7cm long and 2cm wide perfect for small hands and fingers to grasp. The crayons are triangular shaped this has a few benefits. The crayons can't roll off Hollies desk or lap tray as they sit perfectly on there side angle unlike round crayons which regularly roll off onto the floor. The other thing I liked is the triangular shape helps pre school aged children get used to holding the crayons right just like you would with a pencil helps develop pencil control. This has been a good thing for Hollie as normally she held pens and crayons right at the top pushing down on them to draw. Another thing I like about the Melissa and Doug crayons is the fact they are unbreakable, yes you can try to snap or stand on they but they don't break and no paper wrapping around them to peel off another thing Hollie used to do problem now solved. Melissa & Doug crayons are very comfortable to hold and use. You can scribble lightly and the colour transfers onto the paper with ease. They don't feel waxy either, and no smell from them. Nice bright colours and plenty to chose from. I would highly recommend the crayons, these will last forever. Hollie has had the crayon set for four months now and she uses them daily. We have not lost any or broke any yet. I highly recommend the Melissa and Doug triangular crayons they are fantastic.

• Baby Born Mummy Pick Me Up / Doll / 63 Readings / 61 Ratings
                          02.02.2012 23:37

Advantages

Disadvantages

A lovely doll suitable for age 2 and up.

I really should introduce my daughter I talk about her alot in my reviews , her name is Hollie and she turned three a week before Christmas. Like most girls of her age she is really into dolls and role playing. I purchased the Baby born Mummy pick me up doll aka mama doll for her birthday from Amazon uk as she was on sale for £13.00 free postage. The price made me want to get her as normally Mummy pick me up doll costs £38.00. When the doll arrived it looked big and the pink box makes it look really good. The packaging is hard to get into as once removed from the cardboard box it takes ages to get through the plastic packaging and undo all the metal twisted ties. Hollie instantly wanted the doll open after unwrapping, I was pleasantly surprised to find batteries already inside the doll , did have a plastic strip to pull out to activate them. Should you need to change the batteries Mummy pick me up doll takes three AAs. The battery compartment is on the lower part of dolls back and needs to be opened with a screw driver. Mummy pick me up does not come with any accessories just the doll. Mummy pick me up doll is around 18 inches tall when she is in the sitting position where she is meant to be. She has blonde rooted hair, it is really soft ,you can brush it with ease, although her hair is short she does have a small pink clip to keep her stubby fringe out the way. Mummy pick me up doll is made from hard plastic but has a vinyl skin covering that feels nice. She is not a cuddly doll but very cute all the same. Her clothing is only a pink romper suit with the Baby born brand tab on it and a small pattern at the top with some blue coloured ducks. I have purchased some Baby born socks and shoes these are compatible with Mummy pick me up doll. Lastly Mummy dolls face, mostly everyone that has been introduced to Hollies Mama doll says she really is an ugly doll, or ek she freaks me out or where did you get that thing ha ha. We think Mama doll looks lovely, she has big blue eyes a happy looking face with cute little pouty lips. On one of the Amazon reviews some person refers to Mummy pick me up doll as a Debra Meanden look-alike, I am glad the review didn't put me off because Hollie truly loves her. Mummy pick me up doll makes babbling, sounds until you do the secret code. The code was in the instructions but all you do is rub Mama dolls right cheek twice then rub under her chin, after doing these actions Mama doll puts her head back and lifts her arms up saying MAMA , MAMA wanting up its so sweet and tickles my daughter. This is why Hollie calls her Mama doll. I like the fact no mechanical noises can be heard when her arms go up this would have put me off her. When you touch or kiss Mama dolls lips she kisses back making the KISS sound. That is all Mummy pick me up doll does , not sure older girls would enjoy the doll however Hollie takes Mama doll everywhere and enjoys role playing with her. Mummy pick me up doll can have her legs straight so she can lay down however her mechanical arms cant be moved or pulled down so Hollie just plays with her the way she is. This doesn't matter as she can still sit in the dolls pram , high chair and dolls car seat we have. Hollie loves Mama doll. My only small complaint is the the speaker on the dolls back where all the sounds come from is very loud and I can hear when Hollie plays with her from upstairs, the doll gets annoying from an adults point of view hearing it all day long. Amazed the original batteries a month later are still going a huge plus, hate battery munching toys. I think this is a great doll for younger girls and I recommend Baby born Mummy pick me up doll aka Mama doll.

25.01.2012 20:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fishey Fun

Mellissa & Doug have a large range of wooden toys for children of all ages. At Christmas time I buy the toys my children have asked for and opt for a few wooden toys, this year my daughter age three got the Mellissa & Doug magnetic fishing game. I purchased this from Amazon Uk priced £7.99 and free delivery. Mellissa & Doug magnetic fishing game is suitable for children three years and up not suitable for children under this age. Mellissa & Doug magnetic fishing game comes with a wooden fishing rod, a wooden board with the shapes inserted in the board. As for packaging this game was wrapped in shrink wrap clear plastic with a mellissa and doug sticker slapped on it. It does not have instructions with the game, however it is simple to work out. I do love the fact the game is handcrafted and painted. There was some wood dust on the board when we opened it this was easy wiped off with a cloth. Mellissa and doug magnetic fishing game board is all wooden. Wooden board measures forty centimetres wide and 30 centimetres high. It come with ten aquatic animals, these are colourfully hand painted with a small magnet on the top of each one. The aquatic animals are different shapes and sizes with the turtle being the smallest and the whale being the largest in the game. The fishing rod is a thin pole with string attached at the end, hanging from the end of the string is a wooden magnet. The idea of the game is to hang the fishing rod magnet over the top of an aquatic animal to catch it. The magnets are strong and you only need to hover over the top of the animal to catch it by a few centimetres. Once caught you can lift it up from off the board , take it off the magnet and place to the side. After all the aquatic animal are caught you can do the puzzle by finding the right place to put them back of the board. There are no pictures to show where to put them so the child has to work out which one goes where. Aquatic animal include shark, whale, turtle, dolphin, squid, octopus, jellyfish, seahorse, crab and a stingray. The good thing about the Melissa & Doug magnetic wooden fishing game is the child can play it by themselves without any help from an adult. It is a one player game, that suits my daughter as she is on her own most days. My daughter has played with the game everyday since Christmas, she has so much fun with it. She can play it properly but have seen her cheat a few times by letting the magnet flop of the board but she does it for fun. She has also learned the names of each aquatic animal and now says " look mummy I caught a jellyfish " etc. I though it would be easy for her to find the proper spaces for the shapes to go back into but no, she has to try them , turn them until they fit. The game is educational, working on hand and eye coordination and fine motor skills. I would highly recommend the Melissa & Doug magnetic wooden fishing game, great value, high quality that will keep your child entertained and let them have fun.

• Lego Storage Head / Lego / 82 Readings / 81 Ratings
                              23.01.2012 18:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

Cool looking storage box , can purchase blocks to build up more storage.

My son is a real Lego buff so at Christmas when shopping for his gifts I spotted the large Lego storage head and had to purchase it. The Lego storage head stood out and looks very funky. You can purchase the Lego head on websites such as Amazon Uk and Firebox. Lego head comes in a choice of three sizes, small, large and extra large. I opted for the large size and cost me £24.00. I got my son the boy Lego head but for girls you can get the female version, only difference being it having red lips still cute. The Lego head comes in a cardboard box decorated with Lego bricks but has a small viewing window on it, the back shows a picture of the head and some ideas on what to do or use it with. Lego storage head is made from hard plastic, it is yellow in colour and resembles a Lego minifigures head. For the face it has a basic black lines for eyebrows, eyes and a smile. The Storage head comes complete with a lid. I was amazed with the quality of the lego head strong and sturdy. On the underside of the Lego head is a large round hole, the idea being you can build up the large Lego heads and are compatible with the large Lego storage bricks so you could collect them all and build up a rather cool looking storage unit. The lid has the Lego logo and raised up like a stud so you can build on top of it. This part also is the handle so you can pull the lid off. Large Lego Storage head measures roughly 16 inches tall and 12 inches wide. The logo head would hold loads of lego bricks. My son is using his for storing bits and bobs in keeping his room tidier. At Christmas I had filled the head with his favourite sweets in he loved it. It is easy to keep clean , I have had to rinse the Lego head out already as my son spilled a cup of cola over him, I just rinsed him with warm water and dried it out. My son loves his Lego head and hopes to collect some of the large bricks now. As well as young Lego fans liking the Lego head I think teenagers would find it cool too. Lego head is not a toy , just a storage container but a cool one at that. Price is expensive but worth it. I highly recommend the large Lego storage head.

12.01.2012 15:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

Can you Find It.

Buying my son gifts can be hard work, he is at the awkward age of 10, he is also very spoiled having multi video game consoles, games, books, dvds, lego sets, gadgetry toys and loads of nice clothes. Shopping for his christmas gifts was challenging. After searching around online I found a really neat game and after reading the reviews I was confident my son would love the game. It is called University Find it kids version. I purchased the Find it game from Amazon uk costing £12.99. Find it kids version game is for children aged 5 years and up. I had wondered if buying the kids version was going to be too easy for my son. There are many versions of the Find It game on www.finditgame.com to suit adults, boys , girls and covers many hobbies i.e. a football themed find it game and a nature one. Find it game comes packed in an oblong cardboard box containing the Find it unit and a small pad of paper with the find it list on it. Find it game is basically a clear tube filled with colourful tiny strands of plastic with loads of little items buried in the tube hidden with the coloured strands. The aim of the game is to tick off the items you find on the little pad. The Find it unit is cylinder shaped made from clear hard plastic with red hexagon ends on it. One of the ends has the list of objects printed on it in case you loose the pad or need reminding what's all contained inside. Find it unit measures 12 inches long and 5 inches wide. The Find it unit contains 23 small objects and 26 small cubes each with a letter of the alphabet on them. Some of the objects to be found are a small toy car, marble, balloon, top hat, smiley face, star, snowflake, pom pom, wiggle eye, and a safety pin and loads more. Apparently there is a penny coin inside each game unit and if you find this then you can register it on the Find it website above and join the list with your name shown on the website to say you found the penny, I said apparently as we have yet to find it. To start finding items you can shake the unit, twist , turn to move the small stands and uncover the objects. My son opened the gift on christmas day and started playing straight away. I thought the game was too easy as he was ticking off loads of the items and alphabet cubes but has ended up with only five items left to find. It drives you mad in the end trying to find these last items. We are stuck and still looking for the penny, flag, ring, candy cane, and pony. He keeps picking it up , playing for a while and putting it down. This has been fun for the whole family as we all have picked it up and played. It is perfect for taking in the car with us keeping the kids amused. Me and my 3 year old daughter have been playing it together and she has also spotted many items so fun for all ages. The Find it unit is robust and survived a few drops and even fell down the stairs not a scuff mark to be seen. Find it game has been such a hit with my son I will consider buying another one once we have completed the challenge. I highly recommend the Find it game.