hlb2009

hlb2009
  • Comments

Member since: 19.12.2010

28.11.2014 17:13

Advantages

• "helps relieve so many ailments"

Disadvantages

• smell

Great

We have used this product regularly. I was originally recommended it to help with my complexion but now we use it for various ailments and it really seems to help.

This comes in a little bottle with a very fine point when you open it so that the product comes out in a drip form. This is because you only need to use very small amounts of it.

The first thing you will notice about this product is it's smell, it's areally strong one of herbs and it does linger on you after you've used it so it's never a good smell to have follow you around! For this reason I try to use it in the evenings.

I turn the bottle upside down an drip some drops onto some cotton wool and then apply it to the affected area. I use this on blemishes on my face, cuts, stings, burns... everything really. It helps to aid the skin to dry up and heal and it also helps to relieve itching too.

My husband was told to put this in his shoes when he had a foot infection and it certainly seemed to help clear it up.

I think this works a treat. We have bought it in a stick form before where you dab it directly to the point but I prefer t ohave it in this little bottle as it makes it more hygenic.

It's a great product that will help your complexion as well as many other ailments.

28.11.2014 13:22

Advantages

• "really nice!"

Disadvantages

• None!

Great!

I love Radox, I normally just use the bubble bath but I was bought this shower gel to try it out and I'm glad I did as it's really nice!

Radox make a variety of shower gels in lots of different flavours. I like this one, it's a lovely smelling one but also one which really helps to cleanse too and makes me feel all fresh! This comes in a bottle which you can hang up on your shower as it has a little handle that you can pull out. This is really useful, especially when it begins to get low as the gel falls to the bottom.

The gel is quite thick but the bottle is squeezable so you just give it a bit of a squeeze and it comes out no problem. The smell is really bold of cherries, I can see why it's a cherry blast! It is really in your face and fills the bathroom. The smell doesn't hang around for long after you've washed with it, yes you smell a little of cherries but it's not as in your face then.

It lathers up well giving good coverage and lots of bubbles. I have also used this as a bubble bath whe I ran out once and it is great as a bubble bath!

After using this i feel nice and clean and my skin is well cared for, not at all dry and nicely moisturised too.

I love this, love the smell, love the brightness of the colour, it's just great!

27.11.2014 14:31

Advantages

• "helps clean hands"

Disadvantages

• "dries hands"

works well

I use antibacterial soaps whenever I wash my hands so that I feel like they are as clean as they can be. This soap is a very good one which is a reasonable price.

It comes in a plastic bottle which isn't very inspiring ,it's just a square plastic bottle with a push down nozzle at the top. You can unscrew it if you wish. I bought a soap dispenser and pour it into that instead as it looks much nicer than this dull bottle.

When I wash my hands I just simply press down on the dispenser and the soap comes out. It is blue and when you rub your hands together it lathers up. My children like to do this and make little soapy like bubbles when they do so. You then simply rinse it away and your hands are clean.

The only negatives with this is sometimes it makes my hands feel quite dry so I think if you use it several times in close succession then it does dry you out a bit.

I use this when cooking between handling different meats, after nappy changes, any time when I feel like my hands could have been in contact with germs. I always feel like my hands have been well cleaned after using this.

My children use it and find it easy enough to use without help and it's a good way to encourage them to be hygienic. I highly recommend it, a very good soap that works well.

• Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion / Skin Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.11.2014 11:53

Advantages

• "Very good"

Disadvantages

• none

Highly recommended.

I have sensitive skin so when I buy products I try to make sure they are ones which won't cause it to flare up and become sore. I have bought products from the Simple range for years and they always seem to be very gentle on my skin.

I try to cleanse, tone and moisturise on a daily basis although in reality it's more like twice a week but the intentions are there! This is the cleansing lotion that I normally use.

It is from the Simple range and looks very basic, it's nothing special in terms of how it is presented- just a white bottle with green writing but the product itself is very good indeed. You get the cleanser out by undoing the bottle and pouring it out. It's quite thick, I tend to put cotton wool over the opening and then tip the bottle up and give it a little squeeze to encourage it to come out.

The lotion has a very slight smell, nothing specific, just something light and fresh. I then wipe it around my face trying to remove any traces or make up or any inpurities. I find that it is really gentle on my face and quite soothing because it is cool.

After using this I rinse my face and then add moisturiser. I find that using this product helps my face to be in good condition- my complexion is always much better when I use this as though this product has helped to clean out the dirt from the day.

I highly recommend it.

27.11.2014 08:33

Advantages

• protects

Disadvantages

• grainy

It's OK

I bought lots of different kinds of sun creams over the summer and this was one of them. I don't really think there's a huge difference between ones aimed at adults and those aimed at children but this was on offer so I purchased it.

It comes in a tall blue bottle with a sunshine coloured lid. It looks quite appealing as it has a photo of a bear on it so I suppose it appeals to little ones who may not be impressed with having cream put on.

The cream itself is quite runny so you only need to turn this bottle on it's side with the lid open and it starts to leak out. The lid is easy to open as it's a flip cap and that's what you want from a suncream as your hands will be greasy after using it so you don't want to be messing with a screw cap.

I rub the suncream in and as I rub it in I notice it's a bit grainy, it breaks up a little bit. It still rubs in but it does leave a grainy feeling to the skin which isn't too nice. It still works though, my children didn't burn whilst they had this on, neither did I. We did reapply it regularly and it seemed to do the trick.

I just don't like the little grainy bits that come away with it, it made me feel like I had crumbs on my skin! Not very nice!

• Rimmel Pencil Eye Liner / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      26.11.2014 21:51

Advantages

• "Nice colour"

Disadvantages

• "bit scratchy"

Very good

I love my eye liner and I have found that I have various likes and dislikes when it comes to which I like. I don't like liquid ones, I like pencils and I like them to be very sharp!

This eye liner is very good but a little bit scratchy which can make application quite painful which is never a good thing!

This eye liner is a basic pencil and you sharpen it using a special eye liner sharpener although I have used a normal sharpener before.

The pencil works best if it's sharp, as soon as it goes quite blunt then you can't get as good a line. I try to hold it quite close to the nib when drawing the line on my eye so to get good control, it stops the pencil from shaking at all so is a far better result. The crayon is nice and dark and comes away easily so you don't need to keep going over the same space over and over which can get sore.

Sometimes, however, the pencil feels scratchy as though the nib has something on it and this really hurts so I tend to always give it a little sharpen before using it to make sure it's as sharp as possible.

The eye liner looks really good as it's nice and dark and it has good staying power. It stays on my eyes all day and doesn't start to smudge- unless it's very hot.

I am very pleased with this and use it daily.

26.11.2014 21:05

Advantages

• "Really good"

Disadvantages

• none

great!

I don't use a nail file very often but when I do this is the one I use. My husband bought it a couple of years ago and it's really good. I used to buy the cheap cardboardy ones from Claire's and they were okay but would soon wear down. This we've had for several years and can still use it today.

It is metal and has a plastic part where you hold it. This is really good as it gives you something to grip which isn't raised so it's comfortable to use. I don't know about you but when I use my file I tend to grip quite hard so if I didn't have the handle to protect my fingers from the raised edges of the file then it would be very uncomfortable to hold.

The file itself is quite thick and ever so slightly rounded but only in a very slight way. I think this helps to shape your nails nicely. When I use this I find that I don't need to keep going back and forth back and forth over and over because it's really effective so usually just a few sweeps across the nail is enough to shape it. It's a good width too and the perfect length.

i find it very easy to use and it's great at shaping my nails nicely without leaving them looking odd!

It is definitely the best nail file I've owned, two years on and it's still going strong which is great! It only cost £1 too!

26.11.2014 18:23

Advantages

• "Smells nice"

Disadvantages

• "doesn't last"

Better than nothing

I have quite an active life- I do an hour's workout a day and I'm constantly running round after the children so I need a deodorant that works. This one, just doesn't work for me. It used to when I had my office job but not anymore!

This comes in various scents, the one I have is 'ocean' which basically just smells of freshness, I can't describe it in any other way! It's not really like the ocean, it isn't salty or anything!

It is easy enough to roll on, the ball moves smoothly and it's really moist so yo uget a lot on so you would expect it to work. It takes a few minutes to dry but I've never had any problems with any white marks or anything like that.

Sadly, it just doesn't work. Part way through the day I can feel myself feeling hot and wih other brands I wouldn't worry but with this I do, I know that I'm going to start smelling sweaty unless I reapply it. It's very odd as you would expect it to last longer than an hour or so but it doesn't and it has left me feeling like I can't rely upon it at all.

It is no good if your deodorant lets you down as it can lead to embarrassing situations so for that reason I have stopped using this, I didn't even run the bottle out and instead use something else. I guess it's better than nothing but it's really poor!

26.11.2014 12:01

Advantages

• "Really vibrant"

Disadvantages

• "bit powdery"

A lovely effect

I like to buy make up and make myself up when I go out for the evening and i like to bguy a variety of products so that I can achieve a particular look. I bought this because I thought it looked so bright and vibrant and thought it would make a really big impact, far different to the products that I normally have so it added something different to my make up case.

This comes in a little compact with a blusher brush. I really like the brush as it's flat and I find that this helps me to apply the blush to my cheeks. The way it's shaped makes moving it up your cheeks in a sweeping motion is really easy, you can create a good line with it. I like that it fits in the compact too so you don't need to carry around a brush separately.

Now the blush itself is really vibrant, it's raspberry pink and very bright so you don't need to put a lot on. I normally find that just one sweep across each cheek is sufficient and so for this reason it means that it lasts a long time!

The only criticism I can think of is that is it a little powdery so when I apply it it's very easy for it to end up on my chin when I don't want it to!

I do like this though as it's very lovely and I love the brightness of it, it creates a lovely effect

26.11.2014 08:20

Advantages

• "Works well"

Disadvantages

• "a bit heavy"

It's very good

I use this as my main shampoo and have for years. I like Pantene because it's very affordable, often able to purchase bottles for no more than £1 when they are on offer. They have various kinds of shampoo for all different hair types. When I am going for the smooth hair look this is the one I use. I do think there is a slight difference across the various types although it isn't hugely noticeable.

This comes in a tall white bottle, it doesn't look especially exciting but it's perfectly practical as you can stand it upside down when you need to get as much shampoo out as possbile when it begins to run out.

The shampoo is supposed to give smooth and sleek hair. I use an amount a little bigger than a 50p and massage it into my hair. I have very thick hair but I find this amount is enough. I lathers up really well and has a nice fresh smell about it. Just a 'shampoo' type smell, nothing really obvious.

It is quite difficult to rinse out as it feels heavy in my hair and kind of clings onto my hair so it takes quite a while. Then I blow dry it and it helps to create nice shiny hair. It does look smooth and it has a nice shine to it. Sometimes it makes my hair feel a little heavy though, it's quite a 'sticky' shampoo and I think that is why.

I like it and use it regularly.

25.11.2014 20:21

Advantages

• "So soft"

Disadvantages

• expensive

Very good

My grandma bought me this hair brush. I must admit that at first I didn't think it looked all that 'cool' and kept it in my drawer but now I've started to use it I can see why she bought it me- it's not all about how it looks but how it works and it's' great!

It's made with pure bristles and they're very fine. They're sharp too so sometimes I forget this and end up scratching my head with it so you need to be careful! I used to have a hairbrush which had plastic 'bristles' and I found that they tended to knot in my hair more and didn't really help but these pure bristles are so fine that they slip through my hair really nicely and oh my goodness they really help to make it shine! When I blow dry my hair and use this the result is lovely, my hair really shines and looks really smooth too.

It is quite a big brush and is rounded. I have thick hair and this brush just seems ideal for the amount that I have! It's quite light too so good for holding when I'm styling my hair, no achy wrists or anything.

I really like this, they are expensive, I've seen it for £46 which is an awful lot of money but my grandma bought it me as a special present and I can really see why she did. It is the kind of hairbrush which will last and last.

25.11.2014 15:14

Advantages

• "Helps remove make up"

Disadvantages

• "too moist"

Disappointing

I purchased these face wipes because I needed to buy some more and these looked like they would be fine. I thought that all face wipes worked pretty much the same way. I was disappointed with these though, they are so moist that they tend to leave my face feeling chapped and irritated rather than cleansed like they should do!

They come in a packet which has an opening at the top that you peel back and then stick back down once you have finished. This does need to be stuck back down too otherwise the wipes go dry, quite quickly too!

The wipes pull out supposedly one at a time but quite often they kept coming out in clumps which was very annoying.

When using these on my face I mainly use them to remove make up but I liked that it said they cleanse too as often I would use my cleanser after removing make up so I hoped this would kill two birds with one stone. Unfortunately this was't the case. Although it did remove my make up, I found that these wipes are just too wet. They left my face feeling really wet and I had to keep drying it with a towel which I don't normally have to do after using other wipes.

My face became a bit chapped after using these too. I ended up just using these for general cleaning of the house in general rathr than on my body as they just irritated. Just 2 stars from me.

• The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.11.2014 11:55

Advantages

• "lovely "

Disadvantages

• none

it works really well

I bought this body butter because it smelt lovely! I love going in The Body Shop and smelling all the goodies, it's always really tempting to buy more and more but the body butters last quite a long time so I have to restrain myself!

This one is blueberry and the smell is really sweet and natural. It smells very much like the real thing and it's not a really over powering smell either, it's actually quite subtle which makes a change.

The body butter comes in a round tub and you lift off the lid to reveal the body butter which is a lovely purpley blue colour. It is very dense like you would expect from a butter. It does get softer as it warms up in your hands or on your skin. I use this as a moisturiser after shaving when my skin may be feeling a bit dry. I scoop some out, about the size of a 50p and then massage it into my legs. It soon becomes softer and spreads across my skin nicely.

It smells delicious whilst doing so! It absorbs slowly so I tend to do this when I have a bit of time on my hands as other wise I'd have to put clothes on and it would be a bit sticky against my clothing.

I find that when I use this it's really nice and my legs feel nice and soft. Not at all rough.

This is a great product that works really well

• Boots Soltan Spray SPF50 / Sun Care / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      24.11.2014 21:15

Advantages

• "Really works"

Disadvantages

• none

reliable

I am very fair and I burn very quickly in the sun, just 10 minutes and I'm looking like a lobster so I always purchase high SPF sun tan lotion and have to keep reapplying it so the easier it is apply the better.

I bought this because it was really good value for money but because it is a spray too as that is always a lot easier to use.

When applying this I tend to put it on about 10 minutes before I'm due to go in the sun. I use it on the children too. You press the nozzle down and it sprays out, it doesn't spray far and it does kind of end up all over the floor so I tend to make sure it's as close to the body as possible to stop it from being too messy.

Then I spread it on. So yes my hands still get greasy but it's not as messy as when you squeeze it out of a bottle and it goes all between your fingers. It rubs in easily and it just seems easier than when you squeeze it out.

The smell isn't anything specific, it has a slight smell which is just of sun tan lotion nothing extra, no fragrance or anything like that.

It works really well. When I wear this I don't burn and it doesn't rub off onto clothes. It doesn't taste nice though so be warned if you have it near your mouth!

I frequently reapply it but it's good, I really like this product, it's very reliable

24.11.2014 16:56

Advantages

• "nice colour"

Disadvantages

• "bit streaky"

It is good

I don't use fake tans I prefer to use these moisturisers that provide a bit of colour. I find that they tend to look more natural.

I usually use a different brand but this was on offer last summer so I decided to buy it. I wanted to add a bit of colour to myself before a wedding.

The idea is that this product should be applied daily and it will gradually build up a tan. I had the wedding on a Saturday so on the Wednesday night I started to use it. I find the evenings the best time to apply so that you can let it fully absorb without any chances of it rubbing off on clothing.

It squeezes out of the bottle easily and you rub it in all over. I use about a 10p size on each leg and make sure it is well rubbed in, especially around the knees as this is where it tends to get streaky if you're not careful.

Every evening I would reapply it and I noticed after day 2 that my skin started looking a little darker. It was quite a natural colour too which went with my skin tone fine. I definitely noticed that my skin was nicely moisturised. The only problem with this is that it does have streaks easily, I had a streak up the back of my leg even though I had been really careful whilst applying.

The tan starts to fade if you don't apply it every day so after the wedding I noticed by the MOnday I was beginning to look a little 'mucky' so kept my legs covered up. By the Tuesday it was pretty much all gone.

It is a good product but can be streaky.