hopey123

• Comments

Member since: 27.01.2010

• MB Games Twister / Board Game / 9 Readings / 9 Ratings
      02.08.2014 23:31

Advantages

• "Great fun for all ages"

Disadvantages

• "falling on your bottom"

Twister is a great fun game for any age. Easy to set up and play.

This is a game to me that brings back funny childhood memories. My son recently got this at a car boot sale for £2 and I was more then happy to show him how to play it.

MB I believe are these days called Hasbro games.

It's nice to have a game that doesn't consist of lots of pieces or play parts. This is simply a big plastic white play mat with 24 coloured circles on it, 6 red green blue and yellow circles. The second part in the box is the spinning board which shows pictures of left & right foot and left & right hand and one of each colour in each body parts section.
      The aim of this game is to be the last player still standing. A referee is needed to spin the spinner and check for cheaters too. 2 or more players can play at a time and when the spinner is spun the referee calls out what they need to do so for example left foot on yellow or right hand on green. Each player has to follow the instructions without falling down as when they fall they are out of the game.

The more players there are the more difficult it is to reach circles with other people in the way.
      A great party game for adults and kids and is easily wiped clean if dirty. This game can be purchased on Amazon from £9 -14.00

07.02.2014 12:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

Interesting to play with giving plenty of hours of amusement.

I got this for my son last Christmas at a cost of approx £5 which included postage direct from Amazon. Last month however I got my daughter a small pot of of very similar stuff from Tesco costing 10p in the sale, apart from the colour they are the same.

This is a Science Museum product. It comes in a round white plastic container where as it used to be in a tin and possibly some stores still have the tin styles. It has a little gap each side of lid to open it which can be tricky as it seems to become vacuum sealed. I often have to help my son open it up using what nails I have.
        Upon opening the tub you find a bright funky orange coloured putty. Since my son has played with his quite a lot if has faded from a bright orange to a dark colour and picked up little bits of hair and dust along the way.

What does it do?
        Well on the tub it says, Bend it, shape it, anyway you want it! (sure that's a song from an advert lol)
        Bounce, shatter, tear, shape and play.
        Well basically it does all those things. You can mould it like play dough, roll it into a ball and it will bounce like a ball. tear it and hear it snap. Make an air pocket in it and it gives you the sound of bubble wrap popping when you burst the air bubbles. It will take on the shape of what ever it's left in for example leave it in a square tub over night and it will mould to the square shape over the base. Turn the tub on it's side and when you open it next time you'll find all the putty on the end you left it on.
        Really is odd stuff the way it mould itself and can bounce and be snapped.
        My son likes playing about with it however even though I will have a play with it I no longer like the stuff due to the mess I've found it makes. One day my son had left it on his bed not in the tub and when I eventually managed to peel the flattened stuff off as it had taken shape in its flat position it had stained the sheet. Three washes later it was not shifting and you can clearly see the stain will a like grease patch around it. Over the next few days I found this orange stuff on clothing and even the carpet.

On the tub it does say Warning - May stain garments,carpets, and upholstery.
        No may about it as it DOES stain I can confirm that to you.
        When you look at the putty it does look greasy but to touch you hands are clean.

If you are planning to purchase this then I'd advise making sure user keeps it off anything you don't want stained lol. Suitable for ages 6+
        However this still is a very interesting product.

24.01.2014 23:07

Advantages

Disadvantages

My son likes these, they are a good price and easily stored away in his room.

Anyone with kids will know the phrases they go through with toys. Last year my son loved bungees and bumpees but now is more into moshi monsters and The trash pack. I have no idea when the Trash pack were invented but I only became aware of them a couple months ago when my son had them on his Christmas list.

I managed to get him some off of Amazon which was a pack of 5 trash cans each with a trashie in the bin. They cost me approx £5 with postage.

There seem to be hundreds of different Trashies to collect in a couple different series. They can be brought in single trash cans (rubbish bins to non Americans) or in 5 packs, also as well as trash cans the Trashies also come in toilets lol. You can also get a garbage truck to play along with them too.

The trashies come in their own plastic trash bins which are made of plastic and their lids open up but not easily as once they are closed there is nothing to grip to open them and I often have to use a nail to open them when my sons brings one to me he is stuck with opening.

Now the Trashies themselves look like little erasers that should go on top of a pencil as they have little holes on their bases but it's not quite big enough to put a pencil into. They are light and rubberery and come in different shapes and colours. My son has a green triangle block of cheese with eyes, another that looks like a skateboard and a tin can style one with red sauce drips running down it. They really are odd things. My sons favourite one is one called Putrid pizza meant to look like a thrown away piece of pizza. Whoever came up with these has done well with them but how odd they are.

For the money paid for the 5 pack they aren't a bad price. He has some game cards of some sort so he seems happy and often has them out to play with. To purchase some check out Amazon Ebay and also Argos sell them too. On a real big plus side these don't hurt when you tread on them like Lego does.

• Turbo (DVD) / DVD / 56 Readings / 56 Ratings
            07.01.2014 18:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great film with good animation work. I enjoyed it as did the kids.

This is a story about a s l o w snail that just wants to be fast. My reaction to that is can you imagine the amount of snail trails in the garden if they could actually go fast as they leave plenty enough with them being slow.
            This film is completely animated but sometimes I get so much into a film I forget it isn't real and all done on computers.

I love how this film came about. Dreamworks ran a competition for employees to come up with an idea on one page of paper. Davis Soren won the competition with his idea which was fast & furious with snails basically. The studio brought his idea but just left the idea for over 5 years. It was only when David moved into a new home which had loads of snails in the back yard that he decided to get the film moving and now it is made and released. How cool it that for how a film came about.
            Starring Ryan Reynolds
            Paul Giamatti
            Michael Peña
            Snoop Dogg
            Maya Rudolph
            Michelle Rodriguez
            Samuel L. Jackson as the voices.

More then just being fast Theo the snail actually wanted to win the Indy 500 which is a famous car race, yes car race not snail race. He would watch the races on Tv over and over again in his spare time. Could a snail really be faster then a car?

Living with his brother and friends in a suburban back garden they go to work each day in the garden factory (wait for it) called the Plant. Each morning a crow flys through and you will see another of the work force disappear. All Theo thinks and dreams about is racing and one day whilst watching some cars racing a freak accident happens and he ends up inside the car engine, when he comes around later he discovers he has a body that becomes a radio, rear lights and his eyes become headlights. This was quite an amusing part to the film as he made all these discoveries.
            I don't want to go into loads of detail and ruin parts of the film but he goes in search of his missing brother and many adventures await him. His life really changed when he met Dos Bros the taco guys and they help him achieve some of his dreams after he has helped them with their own. He does get to the Indy 500 race too but you need to watch it to discover how and what happens whilst there.

Theo became the most famous snail in the world for various reasons and his life was never the same again.
            I really liked this film as did my kids. I found the graphics really good and even noticed that some lines in it seemed to be aimed at the adults rather then kids.
            Film is approx 90 minutes hours long.

• Walkers Salt & Shake / Snacks / 50 Readings / 50 Ratings
              02.01.2014 00:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

So glad I've found these again as I like them.

On a recent bus journey I watched a lady open a packet of these on the bus and proceed to take the salt out and add it to the crisps. I smiled to myself as these bring back memories from my childhood.
              A couple weeks later i came across the multi packs of these in my local Coop for £1 offer price so I snapped them up, not all of them just one multi pack.

I had no idea they still made them but found out since that Smiths was taken over by Walkers and they relaunched them back in 2003 as salt & shake rather then salt n shake. The packets are still white with blue and red detail on them. can't believe they have been around for the last 10 years and I've only just seen them again.

Frank Smith was the original founder of these crisps and sold them in pubs around parts of London, they are plain crisps as they are now and they would provide the customers with a salt cellar to add their own salt but they kept running out so he had the idea to add the special blue packet of salt into the crisps. I didn't actually know this information but read it on the back of the crisp packet.

So you are getting a bag of plain crisps but inside each one there is a small rectangular blue paper packet which contains salt to add to your crisps. You simply rip it sprinkle it and shake the pack to coat the crisps unless you prefer plain crisps which i think are rare to find. I love these and find them quite a quirky idea. The salt in the packs is not table salt but a more coarse salt so you can clearly see it on your crisps and also feel it on your fingers when you've finished eating them.

The average price of these in the supermarkets is £1.68 and currently most stores appear to have a 3 for £4 offer on too.

Heres the info we don't really want to know

Nutrition:
              of which saturates 0.6g
              Fibre 1.0g
              Salt Equivalent N/A 0.6g

Ingredients:
              Potatoes, Sunflower Oil (35%), Salt (In Sachet).
              No Artificial Colours.

Not too keen at the fat content but if you look at it another way they are 91.6% fat free.
              Give them a try if you haven't to make your own opinion but I will keep buying these now I've found them again,

30.12.2013 23:22

Advantages

Disadvantages

Handy to have for when you get caught out or in a rush.

Dry shampoo seems to have become more popular over the last few years. I admit to being a bit unsure about the stuff at first but once I actually brought some and tried it out I was quite impressed.
                Batiste is the main maker of dry shampoos and have an extensive range of sizes and fragrances.

I originally brought the 50ml size of this at a cost of £1.49 from Boots but bigger cans are available for £4.99.

To use this dry shampoo when you feel your hair needs a wash but you simply haven't the time just shake the can well and hold approximately 30cm away from head and press the nozzle spraying the shampoo into the roots area of hair. It comes out of the can as a white powder so if you do have it too close to the hair when spraying it does make the hair go white. Once sprayed simply massage it into the roots then brush as usual.
                Basically this absorbs any grease in the hair making it look better too. Just sometimes I feel I should have washed my hair but hadn't but I don't panic as I will use this shampoo for a temporary measure. I don't feel you could use this day after day but the odd times I've needed it have left my hair looking and feeling better. I have heard some people say before that talc powder works just the same as this dry shampoo but not brave enough to try that out if in a rush.

This original fragrance I'm not overly keen on it has no set smell to it that can describe to you only that I smell a medical type of smell when using it. I much prefer the tropical fragrance which is coconut scented.

These being in a mini size also mean they fit into a handbag so if you have a need to freshen up whislt out of the home this could be handy.

26.11.2013 23:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Nice food but not too clean and slow service.

Last week I took my kids to Bournemouth for the day to make the best of the last nice not freezing day we'll have for a while. As we were walking back towards the beach along the pier I spotted Harry Ramsden's place right on the sea front. I asked the kids who wanted fish & chips, one said yes and the other said McDonalds but Harry's won as McDonalds was 15min walk away.
                  I was quite looking forward to having some as had been ages since had fish &chips and about 10 years since had Harry Ramsdens.

Approaching Harry's I could see some people were sat in an outside area which being not such a cold day it would have been fine but I decided we'd eat inside. I walked straight past one opening which looked like the takeaway part and went into an end door but found that wasn't the restaurant but a little cafe part with snacks and drinks being sold. There was also an outside hatch serving customers with drinks and snacks too. So I went back to the takeaway part and on entering saw they have about 6 long bench style tables for people to sit at but it wasn't a restaurant. I was a bit confused as was sure they had a proper sit down and order restaurant but anyhow joined the queue for 5-10 minutes to place our order.
                  We ordered 2 kids meals at £3.49 each and one cod and chips for me along with a sachet of ketchup and mayonnaise which appeared to be added to the total. Total cost of our 3 meals with sauces was £13.08.

At the service counter 2 people were taking the orders and staff behind them were making the orders up. Once you had ordered you were moved over to the side so the next persons order could be taken. You went to the left if served on the left and to the right if served by the right person. I then was stood with my kids for 15 minutes whislt I awaited my order. I was getting a bit annoyed as other people were getting theres faster including a family of 6. I was about to complain when they shouted out my order which I took and simply said "thank you at last". I felt 15 minutes to wait was a bit long as it wasn't the restaurant but a takeaway. We managed to grab a bench just as some people were leaving thankfully.

The kids had fish bites with chips, a carton of juice and a packet of raisins with their meal. Their meals were a fair size and my son ate his no trouble whereas daughter aged 3yrs couldn't manage it all. My own portion was also a good size not huge but enough and cooked lovely and was fresh too.
                  Each meal came in an polystyrene container and there were decent plastic forks available to use.

We were sat by the window so had a lovely view out over the ocean and could see the pier too. The food wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad either. Harry's is meant to be world famous for it's food but I'm not sure why! The service was slow, the place could have done with a bit of better cleaning up too.
                  Would I go back here? probably not. Would I try another in it's chain? Nope not unless I had no other options.

On leaving we crossed the road to the beach and looking back at Harry's I could see people sat upstairs eating, so the restaurant must have been upstairs but I have no idea how they got up there as I couldn't see any restaurant signs or stairs so I will remain puzzled by that.

11.11.2013 21:48

Advantages

Disadvantages

cheap but very good quality. A toy for many ages to play with.

Mr Potato head is one of the toys I remember as a child and they are still going strong now. Hasbro first brought these out in 1952 and over the years the style has changed slightly but still the same principal of dressing him up. This was also the first toy to ever be advertised on TV and has since gone on to being a movie star as you may recall seeing him in the Toy story films.

My daughter was given this as a birthday present recently but having looked up the price you can get one for a fair price of £7 in Asda where you can also get a Mrs Potato head.

The pack comes with all the parts you need to put him together all of which seem to be made of good quality thick plastic. It must be good to have lasted more then a day in this house too.

Mr Potato head has an oval brown coloured body which has a flap to open in the back so you can store all the parts inside it. He has blue shoes two arms, a tongue, nose, eyes, mustache teeth ears, glasses and a hat.
                    Each part has a plastic pin type piece, which isn't sharp or harmful and you simply slot each part into the slot on the body. My daughter can do this easily now and even though the parts fit in tightly she can easily remove them again to move them about. Her brother has taught her to make him into an alien so Mr Potato has teeth for ears and eyes instead of a mouth etc.

I've seen other Mr Potato head's available in star wars theme and spiderman themes but you can't beat this good old classic Mr Potato Head.

Hours of fun play with this toy which is easy to store and easy to play with. Would make a lovely Christmas present for any kids aged 2 years plus.

02.11.2013 23:48

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Great tablet with many handy features at a good price.

My title says like a big mobile because I feel this tablet is just like my Samsung phone only larger.
                      I got this Samsung Android tablet free when I took out a new phone contract earlier this year with Carphone warehouse. I wasn't expecting it so was an added bonus really. I'm not really into all the latest technology and only got my first touch screen phone this year so this wasn't something on my wanted list but wasn't about to turn it down either.

These tablets can be found in many stores and online store varying from £100- £149.00 dependent on current offers available.
                      It comes in Red black or white and mine is the white model.

This was easy to set up and get Wifi set up and have it running.

To be honest my 7 and now 3 year old children seemed to get the just of using this a lot faster then me and frequently would show me how to get into a certain app. Bring back the commodore 64's they were so easy to play games on lol. I don't allow my kids too much time on it but do find alot of the games available are education ones which aid to their learning.

Now I can browse the internet on this and managed to download BBC iplayer app too so can also watch catch up programs on it and find the screen size just right with clear picture. I can set the alarm clock on it easily too which often comes in handy if my mobile battery is getting low that I have a back up alarm. My favourite thing to do on this tablet sad that it may seem is I play candy crush saga on it before bed instead of reading a book.

This is quite a light weight to hold tablet. I still got a cover for it to give it extra protection from scratches and any other damage.

The camera lens on this is on the back and taking pictures on it is very easy and good quality too. It lets you change the pictures to black and white or angle them differently. It can take videos too.

Some other features are that it has the all important Wifi for using the internet.

Some specifications

Camera
                      3MP Rear Camera / VGA Front Camera
                      Shot Mode: Single / Smile / Panorama
                      Photo Effects: None / Negative / Grey scale / Sepia

The side of the tablet has the on/ off button and also the volume button. We have got the screen set so you swipe it to unlock it but there is also an option to complete the pattern you've chosen to unlock it too. The tablet has a screen rotation on it similar to my mobile where as if you tilt the tablet then the picture also changes to another angle, sometimes I found this annoying if was laying in bed with it and it changed so I'd change the tablet round just as the screen was changing back again but then I discovered a tab to stop the screen rotation so problem solved.
                      The only other problem I had one day which wasn't really a problem was that when I put it on the keyboard was set in Arabic letters as my other half had been using it and I couldn't figure out how to get English back on it, when I was shown you simply swipe the keyboard spacebar and it will change the language. The keyboard automatically pops up when you need to type like email or passwords as soon as you tap the area you want to type on. The letters are good sized and I don't find that I miss letters or tap others by mistake.

I don't know everything about this tablet but hope I've helped you understand some of it's capabilities on the things I use. I am not sure why everyone wants an ipad when this seems so similar.
                      You can set up the screen how you wish and put Apps or websites where you want them.
                      The screens are always clear and the colour fine but you can adjust it to make it dimmer or brighter if needed.
                      The battery tends to last a couple days and then gets charged up again, it lets you know what the battery % is at the top of the screen at all times so you won't get caught out.

28.10.2013 23:35

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great buy, very gimmicky to keep kids amused.

I recently purchased one of these for my daughter from Ebay costing £6 which included postage. You can get them also from Amazon at similar prices or in bigger supermarkets like Asda for around the £7-8.00 mark. They do several different packs so you can find ones more suitable to boys with cars in etc. This particular one is Disney princess.

My daughter has taken a liking recently to drawing, well scribbling really and colouring in pictures but I have to keep an eye on her as the pens or crayons tend to start wandering off onto surfaces other then the paper she is meant to be using.

This Crayola set comes with a book containing 18 pages of pictures to colour and also 5 thick Crayola marker pens. The pens with this set are Blue, pink, yellow, peach and lilac. Each lid has the colour on it with a matching base of pen as when you remove the lid the nibs are all white. I noticed my daughter couldn't put the lids back on them properly and when I tried I found that they go on so far but you have to push them really hard til they click shut properly. Being thick pens they are easily held by children and use them with ease to colour in.

The amazing thing about these pens and one of the main reasons I got it is the fact that the pens only work on this special crayola paper and not on normal paper, hands or fabrics. So my daughter can scribble the walls til her heart is content with these pens and hopefully she'd never bother again lol.

The book as I said has 18 pages of pictures each one being different. All but two of them have princess pictures on them. Each picture is outlined in black so children know where to colour in but each page also has hidden invisible pictures to colour in. If you catch the page in a certain light you can see the the areas to be coloured as a slightly cream colour and you can catch the outlines of it. My daughter found it surprising when discovered some hidden pictures on pages.

Now when you take a pen and colour in the picture there is a delay of a few seconds between colouring and the actual colour appearing which confused me at first as I thought they really were white pens lol. My daughter seems to be getting along well with this set though and because the paper has the preset picture on it using what ever they use to make this work then you can't scribble over the lines and it only allows colour in the areas that need colouring.

Even though the pictures are all nearly finished the pens have plenty of life left in them and they are useless for any other use then these Crayola sets but you can but paper refills or mini travel sets too.

I'm happy to have got this as not worried about any damage she can cause and also my daughter loves that she is colouring in these lovely pictures. I'm not sure a princess would like a multi coloured dress but who cares it's her own design work.

Also another advantage of these pens is no pen on the hands to have to wash off afterwards.

17.10.2013 00:05

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great book that I recommend.

I borrowed this book from a work colleague, it is the third in his auto biography series all written by Paul O Grady himself. The first is called At my Mothers knee and the second The devil rides out. This one is Still standing and even though it makes sense to read books in order I started to read this one straight away as I'm a Paul O Grady fan.
                          He said Good morning to me once when I worked in a Southampton hotel and I thought he was an average guest until someone ran up to me saying can't believe Lily Savage spoke to you?!! I said where? as at that time he was more Lily Savage then Paul O Grady and I had not recognized him in his everyday clothes. He was in panto at a local theatre. When he had his TV show on in 2005 I swore he would send me into labour as I'd laugh so much at his shows.

Now this is a hardback book written in 2012 and is a big book with 368 pages but the type is not too small. The back of the book contains an Index which I hadn't expected in a book of this sort.
                          RRP of this book is £20 but can be found on sites such as Amazon from £4.

If you don't know of this man then he is from Liverpool and has a strong accent that has always stayed with him, as soon as I started reading the book I became aware that I was reading it in his voice with his accent and this continued throughout the book, obviously wasn't reading out loud but in my head.

The book starts off at a time he was performing at the Mayflower theatre in Southampton (his favourite theatre) he wasn't staying at the hotel I used to work at but had an apartment nearby and not long into the book he tells of his tales of late night parties with dwarfs involved that were in his cast. You'd have to see it to believe some of the things that happened.
                          The reason this book came about was he was fed up of people forever asking him where Lily Savage came about, so here the book goes back to the past and he tells of how she began.
                          Paul worked many years for Camden council and during this time worked many bars and clubs in drag. When he gave up his council job he was travelling as a drag duo around this country and Europe.
                          The tales he tells are amazing and had me laughing out loud. I can't tell you them all but one off the top of my head was himself and his partner were staying at a hotel and when they woke up in the morning found brown muck all in the bed. After checking themselves for accidents they realized they'd fallen asleep with the box of chocolates. It didn't end there as Paul worried what the maids would say so he washed the sheets in the bath with shampoo, it still didn't end there as he couldn't put it back on the bed wet as the maids would think they'd wet the bed so off he went to a launderette to get it dried.

He was on the streets during a big Liverpool riot and ended up going to a fancy dress party with friends all dressed up as characters only to find out it wasn't actually that kind of fancy dress but a S&M party. There he learnt a whole new meaning to what a red hanky in your pocket means, and the meaning I will let you find out by reading the book.

Paul never had an easy life through the start of his drag act career living day to day and sleeping in rough conditions but he made it to stardom which he never thought he would. He was starstruck himself one night to perform after Liz Dawn ( Vera from Corrie)and gave her words of encouragement.

His mother was a big part of his life and was a right character which is probably where Paul got his sense of humor from.

His life has been tinged with sadness over the years losing lots of people he loved and was friends with, many sadly to AIDS which he explained was a known problem among the gay community and many people really didn't have an understanding of the illness. He smoked a cigarette with a man who was dying from Aids despite everyone watching him do it not believing he had dared do it.

There are two sections in this book which have some photos in. I must say I found it nice to actually see the people he has been talking about who were close to him. There is one particular one of himself but in a suit & bow tie and he had a beard and moustache hardly recognizable. Another shows him or rather shows Lily Savage with DS Roach when he had some acting roles on the Bill.

So basically a small part of the book at the beginning was at the now time when written then it goes back to his earlier days and how Lily Savage came about and then suddenly near the end comes back to the now. By doing this he has left quite a chuck out of what happened between B and C kind of thing but does say he'll need another book for that story.
                          Paul is a genuine nice person and even though his phone was one involved in the phone hacking scandals he never wished to sue or take it to the press. His reason being he had always been honest in life and to the media so had nothing to hide anyway.

I do wish I'd been patient and waited to get the first two books before reading this as I never realized he even had a daughter.

His title I'm still standing comes from the fact he is quite surprised he is still standing after the life he has led, many things you will read about in the book and also the fact he has survived two heart attacks.

There as so very many parts of this book I'd like to share but I highly recommend you go buy it and give it a read, after reading the first two anyway.

So Ta Ra for now.

• Burtons Toffypops / Snacks / 78 Readings / 77 Ratings
                            04.10.2013 22:24

Advantages

Disadvantages

Nice little biscuits with nice texture

I've often purchased these as they are rather moreish but seem to vanish way to quick from the cupboard.

Made by Lyons biscuits otherwise known as Burtons these cost £1 a packet as their average retail price.

Each pack weighs 120g and contains a plastic tray which holds just eight biscuits in total. This is why they disappear so fast but there again if there was more in a pack I'd only eat them as quick lol.
                            I'm unsure where the name of Toffypops come from as they don't pop and look nothing like a lollypop so always puzzled by the name.

Each biscuit is round with a biscuit base which is topped with a smooth toffee caramel and then covered with milk chocolate leaving the base chocolate free. They are soft to eat and gone in 2 mouthfuls as they are not big biscuits, smaller then a digestive size.
                            The tastes seem to merge together well. Not the type of biscuit I'd dunk in my cuppa though. I like how the base is not hard biscuit and easy to bite through to the toffee middle.

Each biscuit is worth 68 calories which means opps I've just consumed 272 calories since starting this review, (4 biscuits) Lucky I left the last 4 in the biscuit barrel.
                            These are suitable for vegetarians.

29.09.2013 00:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lovely little book, easy to read and colourful.

This is one of the many books my daughter has. Some books I buy her new but others I pick up at sales such as this one costing just 10p.

This book is about the flower fairy published by Igloo in 2009. RRP is £3.99. It is one of several glitter fairies books with a different fairy in each book such as flower fairy and tooth fairy.

This is a cardboard paged book and has 8 pages. The words inside are small but it doesn't take long to read through the pages telling the story about Flower Fairy as you go. The story starts off on a warm day and the fairy finds her flowers are wilting and has no idea of what to do to help the flowers. She goes in search of help among other garden creatures. The Bees were no help as they just kept buzzing when she spoke to them. The others couldn't help her either. She seems to forget that a fairy carry's a wand.

The added bonus of this book is that each page and the cover has grooves cut out of it as part of the pictures and into this gaps is some shiny glittery foil paper. The picture of this book above makes it look like a flat cover as you can't see the indentations but the blue flowers, butterflies and bottom of her dress are all foil paper parts. The foil is in blue silver and pink colours and adds some sparkle to the book literally.
                              Each page is very colourful and brought to life by the sparkling foil.
                              This is one of my daughters popular books and was read again tonight even though we had the same one last night too.

Even though I got this book for a bargain price I would pay the full price for it knowing how nice it is. Lovely book which is easy to read and fun to look at the colourful pictures in it too.

• Pritt Stick / Household Product / 65 Readings / 62 Ratings
                                16.09.2013 23:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great item to have in the home as you never know when you might need one.

Pritt stick is to sticks of glue as blu tac is to blue sticky stuff as in being the main name with the product.
                                I'm sure most of us that have children do own a pritt stick in their home somewhere but not just people with children will own these as they have many uses..

Ours was dug out tonight as my son needed to do some sticking for his homework. I prefer Pritt stick over cheaper versions as it doesn't tend to dry out where I've found other makes do.

Pritt sticks have been about since 1969 and are completely child friendly as solvent free no pvc and washes off on a normal 30oc wash.
                                You can get several different sized tubes depending on what sort of jobs you need it for. The one we have is 22g which I feel is the right size for the kids to use. As the picture shows it's a white tube with a white lid on and black base. When you pull off the lid you can see the glue stick and to use it simply hold it top down and glue away making a sticky glue trial like its a pen. When you find the glue is getting low you simply twist the black base around and the glue will move back up just like a lipstick does making it easier to use again. (don't try to use this as lipstick though).

The cost of these is approximately £1 depending where you purchase it. These are a bargain really as seem to last for ages. I mentioned before that had tried cheaper makes that dry out but these don't do that and lid is always replaced after use to make sure it doesn't dry out too.

This glue dries clear and sticks paper, card, tissue paper and many different craft items. When my son used this tonight the paper instantly stuck and was held strong onto the other paper he'd stuck it to where as PVC glue tends to move about and take time to dry.

I find this handy to seal envelopes if I don't fancy licking them too.

Also if gets on hands it washes off easily without effort. They is no mess to clear up after wards or pots of PVC glue to dispose of and wash out.

13.09.2013 22:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

Easy to make and fill a gap in your empty tum.

Pot noodles have been about for many years as I remember seeing them as a child. I have occasionally over the years tried the different flavours but not something you'd find in my kitchen cupboard on a regular basis.

You will find these in all supermarkets and most smaller shops too. The price varies depending on if it's on offer or not but the average price for one 90g pot is £1.00.
                                  They come in several flavours like sweet & sour, chow mein, chicken and mushroom and this curry one just to name some of them.
                                  The original curry one is one of my favourites. I've started buying these often over the last few months as when I work a late shift through the evening at work there is a fridge and a kettle so am very limited to what I can have for my tea. I've contemplated boiling an egg in the kettle but pot noodle is easier.

To make these you remove the foil lid and fill with just boiled water to the line which says fill to here. Inside the pot you will find dry noodles a sachet of the mango chutney and a power in the base with dried veg ingredients. Make sure you remove sachet before adding the water which is usually found on the top. Once you've added the water you let it stand for a few minutes giving it a stir a couple times to make sure all the powder from base is mixed in and the noodles are all getting soft.

Once the water is absorbed and all the noodles are soft it's ready to eat. I always add in the mango chutney as like it but you don't have to add it.
                                  I find these deal with my hunger pangs but don't fill you up completely, The curry taste is as I like it spicy but not too spicy and you can smell it's curry flavour too.

So until my boss caves in and lets us have a microwave these will have to do. You don't need to be a fab cook to make these either.