jellybaby167

Member since: 08.11.2009

• Britvic Pepsi Max / Soft Drink / 53 Readings / 50 Ratings
      13.02.2012 18:55

Advantages

Disadvantages

A NICE COLA DRINK WITH LOW CALORIES

I have recently tried out the Pepsi Max cola flavoured soft drink and this is my review.

I often drink cola flavour soft drinks as mixers in my vodka but I am not keen on Coca-Cola as I think it is far to sweet and tastes very sugary to me. I usually end up buying a diet cola drink as I think they are not as sweet and sickly when mixed with my vodka.

I had not tried the Pepsi Max for a long time but I gave it a go recently as it was on special offer in my local off license shop. I paid only £1.50 for two large plastic bottles which are 2 litre in size. The plastic bottle can be recycled which is good for me cos I like to do my bit for the environment.

There is a label on the bottle which goes all the way round the middle of the bottle. I do not think that the Pepsi logo has changed much over the years but it does not look to dated to me. The Pepsi Max cola is a dark brown colour and it looks very nice to me.

I thought that the taste of the Pepsi Max was very good. The drink mixed well with my vodka but I also liked drinking it on its own and I liked it best when it had been allowed to cool in the fridge. The Pepsi Max tasted like a good quality drink to me. I have bought cheaper brands of cola and coke before and they have had a sort of bitter taste to them but the Pepsi Max did not taste bitter or have a sharp aftertaste to it.

There is plenty of fizz in the Pepsi Max and I did not think that it went flat to quickly. I have bought cheap brands of cola and coke before and they have went flat quite soon after the bottle has been opened but the Pepsi Max did not do this and it had a nice fizz to it.

The Pepsi Max is a low calorie option of cola drink which might make it a good drink to have if you are watching your figure as there are a lot fewer calories in this version of Pepsi than in the full sugar drink. There is sweeteners in the drink but I do not think that you can taste them and the drink does not taste to false or bitter to me which can happen in some drinks when artificial sweetners are used instead of sugar.

You can buy other types of Pepsi cola such as the full sugar option and diet Pepsi. You can also buy the Pepsi Max in smaller plastic bottles or in cans as well as the larger size bottles I bought for myself.

I would suggest giving the Pepsi Max drink a try and I really liked the taste of the cola drink. I will buy it again for mixing with my vodka.

13.02.2012 18:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

GOOD WASHING UP LIQUID

I have recently tried out the Fairy washing up liquid with the apple and lime blossom scent and this is my review.

I normally buy a supermarket brand of washing up liquid such as Tesco but I recently ran out and had to make do with whatever was in stock at my local mini market shop. There was only two choices and I took the cheapest one which was the bottle of apple and lime blossom Fairy Liquid which cost only 75 pence.

I have seen the apple and lime blossom Fairy washing up liquid on sale in Sainsbury's and Asda and it costs around £1 so I thought I got a good price for the bottle. The bottle is made of see through plastic and it can be recycled which is good for me cos I like to do my bit for the environment.

The liquid is very thick when it is poured from the bottle. I like the colour of the apple Fairy washing up liquid and it is a pretty pale green colour. I have noticed that I do not need to use to much of the liquid in my basin and a little goes a long way with the Fairy liquid which makes the bottle last a bit longer than cheaper brands of washing up liquid that I buy.

The apple and lime blossom Fairy liquid works very well at washing my plates and crockery and I think it is a very good quality washing up liquid. I think that even with greasy or really dirty plates it cleans them very well and seems to cut through grease easily. This means that I do not need to use to much of the liquid to wash up greasy plates which is what I usually need to do if I have bought a very cheap washing up liquid so I am pleased about that.

The smell of the apple Fairy is really nice and I enjoy washing my dishes with it. The smell does not last to long after I have washed my dishes but I can smell it on my hands for awhile afterwards which does not bother me as I think the smell is very nice. The liquid smells fruity as it is made with apple and lime scent and it feels nice and summery when I am using it. I think the Fairy liquid is quite gentle on my skin and the Fairy liquid has not caused me any problems on my hands.

The only bad point I have noticed with the apple Fairy washing up liquid is that it is very soapy especially when I use it with very hot water. The washing up liquid seems to make a lot of soap suds in the basin so I need to give my plates and crockery a second rinse to remove the suds otherwise the plates become streaky and I think it leaves a soapy smell on the teacups. I have tried using less of the liquid in my basin but still find a lot of suds are left on my crockery so I do not think that is the solution. It is a bit annoying but t would not put me of from buying the apple Fairy again cos I liked the smell so much and think it cleans my dishes and plates easily.

I would recommend giving the apple and lime blossom Fairy washing up liquid a try out cos I thought it was a really nice washing up liquid to use on my dishes. I will buy it again cos I really like the fresh fruity smell of the liquid when I am using it. I still have about a third of the bottle left and have been using it for two weeks so I think that the washing up liquid is a very good quality and it lasts a long time cos you do not need to use as much.

• Argos Value Exercise Mat / Fitness / 43 Readings / 43 Ratings
      17.01.2012 14:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

BUY A BETTER MAT

I have recently used the Argos Value Exercise Mat and this is my review.

I did not buy the Argos Mat but a friend of mine lent it to me to try out as I had been thinking about buying it and she did not think it was very good and had not used it for some time so she gave me a loan of her mat to let me try it for myself before I made up my mind.

The Mat is from the Argos Value range which means it is a basic product and has no frills. This does not bother me to much as I am more interested in whether the product is any good rather than if it is a brand name or anything like that. The mat is a very good price and it only cost my friend about five pounds but the current price is six pounds.

The mat is a grey colour and it does not have anything fancy or nice looking about its appearance and it looks a bit dull. It is made of PVC and it is padded but I do not think the padding is very thick and so I do not think it gives very good support. I do not think the material is made of a very good quality fabric and it feels quite cheap to me but as the mat is such a cheap price this does not really surprise me. I think that the PVC is a bit slippy if I am wearing socks but I find it a bit better if I have my bear feet when I am using it. The PVC can be wiped clean but the Argos Mat cannot be put in the washing machine.

The mat can be used for exercising on. I have some fitness DVDs at home and I often borrow them from my local library to as I like to try and do some exercising at home. The Argos Mat does an ok job for my exercise videos but it is not the best I have ever used. I think the Argos Mat is good for exercises like sit ups and press ups and it gives a better support and a better grip than if I just did the exercising on the floor or carpet.

The mat is not to easy to fold up or roll up and I think it is cos the fabric and material is a bit slippy. I just keep it under the spare bed. The mat is quite a neat size and its length is 120cm.

I would not recommend the Argos Value Exercise Mat to high and think that for a bit extra money you could buy a better mat for yourself. I now have my own exercise mat and think it is much better than this Argos Value Mat but for the low price of the Argos mat I think it works ok and is a good budget mat.

17.01.2012 12:31

Advantages

Disadvantages

GREAT WHITE SOFT TISSUES

I have recently tried out the Sainsbury's Soft White Tissues and this is my review.

I have tried out a lot of the items in the Sainsbury's own range cos I have been trying out supermarket own products instead of always buying big brands to see if I can save some money on my weekly shop. I have thought that some of them are very good items that are great value but other items are a bit basic and I would not buy them again.

I usually buy Kleenex tissues but I decided to try out the Sainsbury's own box of white tissues and I saved 90 pence cos I chose to switch the brand. I paid around £1.70 for the box of Sainsbury's tissues which I thought was an ok price. I do not really like cheap or budget tissues cos I have quite sensitive skin on my face and I think they feel harsh so I did not want to buy really cheap tissues. I thought that the Sainsbury's Soft White Tissues was a compromise between buying something a bit cheaper than usual and not buying the cheapest tissues in the store.

The Sainsbury's Soft White Tissues are packed in a cardboard box that is an oblong shape in the same sort of design that most boxes of tissues are nowadays. There is an opening on the box that you need to make yourself by removing the cardboard cover. The tissues can be pulled through the hole.

The tissues are a plain white colour and they are very soft to the touch. They are a lot softer than I thought they would be. I am not sure if I would be able to tell the difference between the Sainsbury's tissues and a big brand of tissue cos they are lovely and soft and feel like an ok quality to me.

There are 150 tissues in the box which I think is more than a lot of supermarket own brands of tissues and especially cheaper or budget tissues which have a lot less tissues in the box. I think 150 tissues in the Sainsbury's box of tissues is a great amount and the box lasted quite a long time.

The tissues are quite thick and are not easy to separate like budget or cheaper tissues are. I do not like it when the tissues separate on you and you end up with two thin sheets that are a bit useless. The Sainsbury's tissues stay together and do not separate so they are easy to use.

The tissues are very soft on my skin and do not feel harsh to use at all. I have had these tissues when I have had a cold last winter and they did not make my nose sore cos I was blowing it so much which is something I have had with cheaper or budget tissues. I was pleased about this and it shows me how good quality the tissues are and how soft they are.

I would suggest giving the Sainsbury's Soft White Tissues a try out cos I think they are good quality and they are very nice and soft to the touch. They are not to thin and do not separate to easily and they are soft and gentle to use.

17.01.2012 09:59

Advantages

Disadvantages

GOOD WASHING UP LIQUID

I have recently tried out the Sainsbury's washing up liquid and this is my review.

I have tried out a lot of the items in the Sainsbury's Basics range and I have thought that some of them are very good items that are great value but other items are a bit basic and I would not buy them again.

All of the items in the Sainsbury's Basics range have very basic packaging but this does not bother me to much as I am more interested in whether the product is any good or not. The Basics washing up liquid comes in a plain white bottle with orange wording on it. This is a very plain design but it is the same as all the other items in the Sainsbury's Basics range.

The bottle of Sainsbury's Basics washing up liquid cost me only 40 pence for the 500ml bottle which I think is a very good value price and very good for people who have a strict shopping budget like me. The bottle is made of plastic which can be recycled and this is good for me cos I like to do my bit for the environment.

The Basics washing up liquid is a green colour liquid and it is very thin. It is so thin that it is quite runny when I pour it from the bottle and it can make a mess in the sink quite easily.

There are some nice soft bubbles that come from the washing up liquid when I add it to the basin and I can smell the washing up liquid easily. I like the smell and it is not at all unpleasant. I can not really smell the liquid on my hands after I have done the dishes and the smell has not lasted on my skin.

The Sainsbury's washing up liquid washes all of my dishes very well. It leaves my glasses and plates shining and there are no streaks on them. The pots and pans were washed well with this liquid to.

The only bad point I found about this liquid is that I needed to use quite a lot of it to wash anything that was quite greasy or oily. The liquid is very thin and I had to use quite a lot of it but with a better quality liquid you only really need a small spot. This is what I thought it would be like though cos it was so cheap to buy so I was not to let down or anything.

The Sainsbury's Basics washing up liquid did not hurt my skin or make my hands itch and this is something that I have found with cheap washing up liquids that I have used before so I was very pleased about that.

I would suggest giving the Sainsbury's Basics washing up liquid a try out and I think it is very good for the small price and I will get it again when I am trying to save some money on the weekly shop.

11.01.2012 13:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

A GOOD WASHING UP LIQUID

I have recently tried out the Sainsbury's Lemon Grove washing up liquid and this is my review.

I have been trying out some of the Sainsbury's own items rather than always buying a big brand name to see if I can save some money on my weekly shop. I have found some of the items are really good and I would not notice much difference but other items have not been so good.

The Sainsbury's Lemon Grove Washing Up liquid is in a clear plastic bottle which can be recycled and this is good for me cos I like to do my bit for the environment. I just wash the bottle out once I am finished and it can be put in the recycling bin.

The bottle I bought is a 500ml sized bottle and this cost me 85 pence but there is a larger sized bottle that is 1litre size and this costs only £1.35 so it works out to be even better value if you buy the larger bottle.

The Lemon Grove washing up liquid is a bright yellow colour and the liquid is not to thin or runny. I think the colour of the liquid is nice and bright and it looks nice in the bottle. The smell of lemon is lovely and fresh and I can smell the washing up liquid as soon as I add it to my basin of hot water ready to wash up my dishes.

The Sainsbury's Lemon Liquid works very well at washing my plates and crockery and I think it is a good quality washing up liquid. I think that even with greasy or really dirty plates it washes them very well and seems to cut through grease easily. This means that I do not need to use to much of the liquid to wash up greasy plates which is what I usually need to do if I have bought a very cheap washing up liquid so I am pleased about that. The liquid cleans my dishes just fine and it is good at removing any grease or fat from dishes or cooking pans.

I use washing up liquid at least three times a day in my house and I thought that the Sainsbury's Lemon Grove Washing Up liquid bottle lasted well enough and did not run out to quickly even though I wash my dishes quite often. I think because I did not need to use to much of the liquid to wash up my dishes properly it made the bottle last quite a long time.

The Sainsbury's Lemon Grove liquid is not to harsh on my skin and it did not dry out my hands. Some cheap washing up liquids can make the skin on my hands quite dry and itchy so I was glad that the Sainsbury's lemon one did not do this.

I would suggest giving the Sainsbury's Lemon Grove Washing Up Liquid a try out cos I thought it was a good washing up liquid to use on my dirty dishes and it was a lot cheaper than buying a washing up liquid in a bigger brand. The lemon smell was lovely when I was using the liquid and it did not make my hands itch after I had used it.

11.01.2012 12:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

GREAT VALUE TESCO DUSTERS

I have recently tried out the Tesco Value Dusters and this is my review.

I have tried out a lot of the items in the Tesco Value range and I have thought that some of them are very good items that are great value but other items are a bit basic and I would not buy them again.

All of the items in the Tesco Value range have very basic packaging but this does not bother me to much as I am more interested in whether the product is any good or not.

The Tesco Value Dusters are in a clear package with the Tesco Value wording on it which is white red and blue. The package is very plain and it does not catch my eye but this does not bother me to much. I paid 71 pence for the pack of five dusters in Tesco recently.

I have bought my dusters from the Tesco Value range for quite a long time and I think that they used to be sold in a pack of three dusters. The last twice that I have bought the dusters from Tesco they have been in a pack of five dusters so I think this is even better value.

The dusters are made of a soft material and are a bright yellow colour and they look the same as any other house hold dusters that I buy for doing my house hold chores. The material of the dusters is not very absorbent and so they would not be good at mopping up spillages in the house.

The Tesco Value Dusters last for quite a long time before they need replaced so I think the pack of five dusters is even better value for money. The Tesco Value Dusters last as long as other dusters that I buy and they do not wear out any sooner so I think they are made of a good material.

I use the Tesco Dusters around the house for dusting furniture and pictures and ornaments. They are good at collecting the dust and leave my furniture lovely and clean. I use the Tesco Value Dusters with a tin of polish to clean up my pine book case and my wooden tables and the dusters are soft enough to bring a nice shine to the wood when I have buffed it up.

I think the Tesco Value Dusters are good quality dusters and I would suggest giving them a try out as I am very pleased with them and will buy them again. They are very good value and they work very well when I am using them to do my house hold chores.

11.01.2012 10:57

Advantages

Disadvantages

GOOD BASIC DISINFECTANT

I have recently tried out the Sainsbury's Basics Disinfectant and this is my review.

I have tried out a lot of the items in the Sainsbury's Basics range and I have thought that some of them are very good items that are great value but other items are a bit to basic for me and I would not buy them again.

The Sainsbury's Basics Disinfectant is in a very large bottle and it is a great 1litre size. The bottle only costs me around 30 pence which I think is very good value for money. I have often paid more money for a smaller sized bottle of disinfectant so I was pleased to give the Sainsbury's Basics Disinfectant a try out.

The bottle is made of plastic and so when it is empty it can be recycled which is good for me cos I like to do my bit for the environment. I always wash the bottle out very well before it goes for recycling. There is a plastic lid on top of the large bottle. The packaging is very plain and the white label with the plain orange Sainsbury's Basics design on it is very plain to but this does not bother me to much and I am more bothered about whether the product is any good rather than what packet it comes in.

The Sainsbury's Basics disinfectant is a brown colour. The liquid is runny and thin but this is the way that disinfectant should be and it looks like most other disinfectants I have bought before so there is nothing standing out to me that this Basic product is any different from what I would normally use.

I use disinfectant around the house and it is something I use often to do my house hold chores. I have used the Sainsbury's Basics disinfectant in place of the bottle I would normally have and I did not notice any big difference between the cheap Basics product and another brand of disinfectant.

I use disinfectant to clean the toilet bowl and I think it works very well at this job. It smells very strong when I am using it but this is something I am used to with all types of disinfectant as it is full of strong chemicals. The toilet bowl is left gleaming after I have used the Sainsbury's Disinfectant and I am very pleased.

I have also used the Basics Disinfectant outside to clean my outdoor step. I added a capful to my bucket of boiling water and used it to scrub my outdoor steps and they came up lovely and clean. There is a strong smell left behind after the Disinfectant has been used but this does not bother me to much and it is quite a fresh smell although it is strong.

The large bottle of Sainsbury's Disinfectant lasts me quite a good amount of time and it does not run out to quick which I am pleased about. I do not need to use any more of the Sainsbury's Basics disinfectant just because it is cheaper and the bottle has lasted quite a long time.

I would suggest giving the Sainsbury's Basics Disinfectant a try out and I think it is a very good value product and it cleans perfectly when I am doing my house hold chores.

11.01.2012 10:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

GREAT VALUE CLEANING CLOTHS

I have recently tried out the Sainsbury's Basics All Purpose Cloths and this is my review.

The plastic wrapper for the Sainsbury's Basics Cloths is see through and has the orange and white Basics label on the top. It is very thin and I just throw it away when I buy the cloths and keep the cloths in a drawer or under my kitchen sink.

The cloths are blue and white in colour and are made of a soft fabric which absorbs liquid. There are ten of the cloths in the packet and it only cost me 36 pence which I think is a very good value price.

The cloths are quite a large size and I will often cut one in half which gives me two cloths and this gives me even better value for money. It just depends what job I am needing the cloth for but sometimes I can get away with a smaller sized cloth and so I just cut one of the cloths into two.

I use the Sainsbury's cloths around the home for cleaning and house hold chores like cleaning the bath or the shower screen. They are good for cleaning the lino in my bathroom to but they can be used all over the home for all kinds of cleaning jobs and I have used them for washing the dishes and wiping down my kitchen sink to. I think the cloths are good at absorbing liquid but I do not like to use them when cleaning glass and I think they can leave it looking streaky.

The cloths rinse out well and can be reused. I have not ever tried to put them in the washing machine but tend just to replace the cloth when it gets to worn out or needs replacing which I do not mind doing as the pack of cloths is so cheap. The pack of ten cloths lasts me for quite a long time but I will reuse them when I can and not replace them for the sake of it.

I think the cloths are great value and are a good quality of fabric and I will buy them again. I would suggest giving the Sainsbury's Basics All Purpose Cloths a try out and I think they are a very good household item. The cloths are a great value price which most people can afford and they do there job well.

24.11.2011 15:43

Advantages

Disadvantages

GOOD THROW AWAY CAMERA FROM BOOTS

I have recently bought the Boots disposable camera and this is my review.

I always buy one of the Boots disposable cameras at Christmas time cos I like to take a few snaps of the family on Christmas day. I have bought them before for taking away to Spain with me to. There is a special offer on in Boots at the moment where some of the disposable cameras on sale are on a buy one get one free offer which I think is very good cos it makes the cameras work out cheaper when you are getting one free. The Boots disposable cameras cost £6.00 but of course I got one free so it really worked out at costing £3.00 each.

The full name of the Boots disposable camera is Boots Essentials Single Use Camera and it is in a bright purple packet. The camera has changed recently and it used to be a black colour but now it is black and silver with a purple design on it.

The camera has 27 exposures which means you can take 27 photographs with it but I find sometimes you can get one or two extra on the film. The Boots camera has a flash on it to so you can use it indoors as well as outdoors.

The flash is on the front of the camera and is a black plastic circle button which you need to flip up so it is open and then a red light comes on to tell you that the flash is on. You do not really need the flash if you are using the camera during the daytime outside as you will probably have enough light to take a good picture but for indoor pictures you should use it.

There is a winder button on the back of the camera which you need to wind on after you have taken a picture so the camera film can wind itself on. You do this every time you take a picture and you need to wind it two or three times then it will not wind any more and you know you are ready to take your next picture. You can see how many pictures are left on your spool as there is a number shown in a little plastic window on the top of the camera. The number moves every time you have taken a picture. Once you have used up all of the pictures you need to use the winder button to wind back all of the film in your camera so you can get your pictures developed. The number then has to go back to 0 then your camera is finished being wound back.

The window to look through and focus on your picture is a good size and sometimes with disposable or throw away cameras it is a bit small and it makes it difficult to see what you are taking a picture of. With the Boots camera it was a good enough size to be able to judge what I wanted to photograph. The black button on the camera lets you take your pictures and you only need to press it for the picture to be taken which is easy to do.

When my camera was finished and I got my pictures back I was pleased with them and have used the Boots cameras a few times and always think the photographs are good enough quality. Sometimes there are good deals on in Boots and they give you a discount for getting your photographs developed in there store after you have bought your disposable camera from there. There is usually one or two pictures that are a bit fuzzy but I think it is because I move the camera too quickly once I have pressed the button and it is not a fault of the camera working.

I would suggest giving the Boots disposable camera a try out and think they are good quality and they are not to dear either. I have stocked up on two of the Boots cameras for Christmas coming up and I took my Boots advantage card to the cash desk when I was paying and so I got the Boots points on my card which soon add up. I thought it was good to stock up on the cameras just now whilst they are doing the buy one get one free offer and so I got two cameras for the price of one.

24.11.2011 13:58

Advantages

Disadvantages

A GOOD LEMON CREAM CLEANER

I have recently tried out the Cif Cream Lemon Fresh cleaner and this is my review.

I got the bottle of Cif Cream Lemon Fresh in Sainsbury's about a month ago and it cost me £2.30 for the 500m bottle. This is dearer than a lot of other house hold cleaners but with the Cif Cream it will last for a long time cos the cream is very thick and so I do not need to use to much each time.

I buy all different types of cleaner fluid and liquids to do my house work and I think that some cleaner fluids work better in the kitchen and some are good in the bathroom. The Cif Cream Lemon Fresh Cleaner is something I have bought for a long time cos I think it is really good at cleaning up my white bathroom suite and it makes it really clean and gives a nice shine to it.

The Cif Cream cleaner used to be called Jif cleaner but the name is the only change I have ever known to the cleaner even the bottle is quite like how it used to be. It is maybe not the most popular choice of bathroom cleaner but I think it works very well and I have bought it for years and probably will buy it for years to come.

The liquid is a thick cream and is not see through or runny so you only need to use a small bit on your cloth or squirt a bit into your bath tub or sink. I like to use very hot water to spread the cleaner around the bath and then I clean it with a soft cloth and rub it all over the bath tub. It takes a bit of time to rinse it all off from the bath cos it is so thick and creamy.

Once it is rinsed off I get a clean cloth and rub all over the bath tub and this is what gives the bath tub its nice shine cos the Cif Cream Lemon Fresh is quite powdery and creamy and it leaves behind a bit of powder on the bath that helps to buff the bath tub up and gives it a shine. This means that all of this takes a bit longer to wash your bath out than using one of the modern spray cleaners you can get nowadays but you can notice the difference and the extra time and more hard work than normal is really worth it cos there is such a good clean look to the bathroom after I have used the Cif Cream Cleaner.

Sometimes there is still a bit of white powder dried in onto the bath tub and this has been left behind after I have used the cleaner and so it needs to be rubbed with the cloth again or needs to be rinsed off and this can be a bit annoying sometimes cos you think you have finished with washing your bathroom and then you notice a bit of the powdery cleaner has been left behind. I always take my time rinsing the bath tub off cos the Cif Cream Cleaner can be bad for leaving behind soapy powder if you try and rush it.

I use the Cif Cream Lemon Fresh cleaner for other house work and chores in my house to and think it is very good for giving a nice clean shine to the plastic white window sills I have at my house. It brings them up really well and leaves them looking spotless and I only need to use one small spot of cleaner on my cloth or rag to get a good clean on the window sill.

I would suggest giving the Cif Cream Lemon Fresh Cleaner a try out cos I think it is a really good house hold cleaner to buy and it works very well. I know it is dearer than a lot of other house hold cleaners but with the Cif the bottle will last you for a long time cos you only need to use a small amount when you use it.

24.11.2011 12:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

A SICKLY AIR FRESHNER

I have recently tried out the Glade Magnolia and Vanilla Air Freshener spray and this is my review.

The Glade Air Freshener Magnolia and Vanilla was a scent that I had not seen before so I do not know if it is a new one or if I just have never seen it. I like flower scents and quite like using vanilla candles in my house so I thought the Glade spray sounded very nice.

I bought my spray in Sainsbury's and I paid £1.23 for the spray can. The can is a good size and is 300ml which is the same size as most air freshener cans that I usually buy. The picture on the front of the can is very nice and it has a pretty flower on it.

I like to keep an air freshener can in my bathroom and I also spray some in my hallway after I have dusted and cleaned it. I do not spray to much just a couple of squirts and my hallway is very big so the fragrance does not feel to strong when I spray it in there. I also use air freshener if I am having guests over and I usually spray one squirt into each room so that I know there is a nice smell for my visitors coming over.

The Glade Magnolia and Vanilla air freshener smells very nice and I liked the flower scent in the air freshener. It is a very fresh smell and is not to over powering and I thought that the smell lasted a long time in the room after I sprayed it. I thought the smell was quite strong and it was very easy to notice so I did not need to use to much of the spray to be able to smell it in the room so I knew the can was going to last me a long time.

The only thing I did not like about the Glade Magnolia and Vanilla Air Freshener was the type of vanilla scent they had used in the air freshener. The vanilla part of the scent was not to warm which is what I like most with vanilla scents. I thought the vanilla was very sweet and sickly and it made the air freshener catch in my throat. The magnolia part of the spray was very nice and quite flowery and subtle and it is a shame that the vanilla in the spray was so sickly cos it just ruined the lovely magnolia scent of the spray. It put me off from using the spray a bit and I went and bought another one instead and will just use the Magnolia and Vanilla one in the bathroom and not when visitors are coming round.

I thought that I was getting headaches from this Glade Air Freshener after I had sprayed it into my living room or bedroom then was in that room for a while I would start to feel a headache coming on and I think it is cos the vanilla in the spray was so sickly and very sweet that it made my head feel sore. This put me off from using the Glade Air Freshener again.

I would not really suggest giving the Glade Magnolia and Vanilla Air Freshener a try out cos I thought the vanilla in the scent was very cheap smelling and it was to sickly and sweet and ruined the lovely smell of the magnolia so it put me off from using it. I would not buy it again and it is a shame cos I really liked the magnolia flower scent.

24.11.2011 11:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

GOOD SAINSBURYS SCOURERS

I have recently tried out the Sainsbury's Basics Sponge Scourers and this is my review.

I have tried out a few of the products in the Sainsbury's Basics range and thought that some of them were very good value for money but other items were to basic for me and I would not buy them again. All of the items in the Sainsbury's Basics range have very plain packaging which is a white background with orange writing and it gives a very plain basic look to the products. This does not put me of to much as I am more bothered about what the items are like and am not to bothered about the packet they come in.

The Sainsbury's Scourers package is made of plastic and it is very plain looking. I can see the scourer pads through the packet. I have bought the Sainsbury's Basics scourers quite a few times as I think they are very good value for money. I only paid 14 pence for the pack of Sainsbury's scourers and there are five in the plastic packet so I think it is a very good value price.

The Sainsbury's scourers are like an oblong shape and are made of sponge. The top of the sponge has the scourer on top of it and it is a green colour. The scourers are quite small and are smaller than other sponge scourers I have bought but they are big enough for my house work and chores and so the small size does not put me off from buying them.

I use the Sainsbury's Basics Sponge Scourers for cleaning pots and pans and I also use them around the house for doing house work and chores. They are good at cleaning the oven and hob in my kitchen and I have used them on the bath and kitchen sink to.

The scourer part which is on top of the sponge is not so rough that it scratches my hob or bath but it is rough enough to clean my pots and pans when they are dirty and have food stuck on them. The sponge is very good for washing my dishes and cleaning and wiping down the work tops and cleaning down the microwave and the tables.

The sponge part of the scourer is quite soft but it is not the best quality and it breaks up after the scourer has been used a few times. This is not going to stop me from buying the Sainsbury's Basics Sponge Scourers though as they are so cheap and are handy to have around the house and I will keep on buying them.

The Sainsbury's Basics Scourers are cheap enough to replace when the sponge starts to lose its shape or break up and I do not mind throwing it out and replacing it with a new one cos of the very cheap price. They last for a little time but then they need replacing which is fine by me and I do not like to think of germs building up on cloths and sponges anyway so it is not a problem for me to replace them quite often.

I would suggest giving the Sainsbury's Basics Sponge Scourers a try out and I think they are very good at removing dirt from pots and pans and from the oven and hob. I use them around the house in the kitchen and the bathroom and for other cleaning chores. They are a very good price and are very handy to keep in the house and replacing them is no problem when they get worn out.

23.11.2011 14:57

Advantages

Disadvantages

A GOOD VALUE ORANGE POP

I have recently tried out the Sainsbury's Basics Orangeade and this is my review.

The Sainsbury's Basics Orangeade comes in a two litre bottle and is made of plastic which can be recycled which is good for me cos I like to do my bit for the environment. There is a plain looking label on the bottle and I only paid 25 pence for the bottle which I thought was a very good price.

The Sainsbury's Basics Orangeade is a bright orange coloured drink which is the colour Orangeade usually is. I thought that there was plenty of fizz in the Basics Orangeade and I thought it did not go flat to quickly which is good cos some cheap fizzy drinks loose there fizz too quickly. Once the bottle was opened it kept its fizz for the next day but after that it went completely flat even though the lid was on the bottle tightly and I had kept it in the fridge.

The Sainsbury's Orangeade has a very sweet smell and it smells like any other orangeade drink that I buy. The drink tasted very sweet to which is what I had expected as I am used to drinking fizzy drinks like this one. I did not think the drink was to sweet or that the sugary taste was too much and I thought it was a very nice refreshing drink even though it was so sweet.

The orange taste was not to bitter and it did not leave a bitter after taste which can happen sometimes with cheap orange flavour fizzy drinks so I was surprised that the Sainsbury's Basics Orangeade did not have any bitterness to the taste. I thought the orangeade was a little acidic but it did not put me off and the sugary sweetness in the drink helped this.

I really quite liked the Sainsbury's Basics Orangeade and even though I first bought it as a mixer for my gin I ended up drinking it by itself with some ice as I liked the taste so much. I did not like the drink unless it was cold or served with ice though as I thought it was so sweet and sugary that it made it taste a bit syrupy if it was warm. As I always have ice in my gin anyway this was ok for me.

The Sainsbury's Basics Orangeade might be a good drink to give to youngsters and it would be a good buy for a kiddies birthday party cos it is such a good price and it comes in a good sized bottle. The drink does not contain any sugar so it is better for there teeth than some of the other fizzy drinks that have lots of sugar in them.

I would suggest giving the Sainsbury's Basics Orangeade a try out cos I thought it was a very nice drink and I liked the sweet orange taste. I thought the drink did not go flat to easy and I liked the taste of the drink with my gin. It is a really good price for such a big bottle of the Basics Orangeade and I think it is a good quality drink.

23.11.2011 12:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

GOOD BOOTS HAND WASH

I have recently tried out the Boots Essentials Cream Handwash and this is my review.

The Boots Essentials Handwash is a white colour and looks like a thick white cream when I squirt it from the bottle. I am not sure if the Boots Essentials Handwash comes in a variety or a range of colours or fragrances and if it does then I did not see them in Boots. I bought the white coloured Handwash which is called the "Pure White" Handwash. It suits this name well cos of the bright white colour of the cream.

The Boots Handwash comes in a plastic bottle which can be recycled which is good for me cos I like to do my bit for the environment. The bottle is 350ml and I only paid 60 pence for the bottle which I thought was a very good price. The image of the Boots Essentials Handwash is quite good but it looks a bit basic but not as basic and plain as some of the supermarket budget bottles of hand wash do. There is blue writing running up the length of the bottle and there is a plastic pump on top of the bottle so I can squirt the hand wash out from the bottle.

The white cream hand wash is quite thick and it does not run off my hands when I am using it. It soaps up easily and I can not really smell much from the hand wash when I am using it to wash my hands. It leaves my hands nice and clean and they feel quite soft to and do not dry my hands out or make them itch.

After I have used the soap I can smell the perfume from it and I think the smell just really smells like soap or bath foam or something but it is quite faint and I can only smell the perfume of the soap if I sniff my hands. The smell does not last very long but it is a nice smell and is not flowery or anything but I think the smell is quite basic. I think the Boots Essentials Handwash would suit all the family as well as male family members as the smell is just like a plain soapy smell.

The Boots Handwash is not anti bacterial or anything and I know that some people prefer there hand soap to help kill germs and bacteria so the Boots Essentials Handwash might not be the right hand soap for some people but I think it does a good job at cleaning my hands.

I have not used the Boots Essentials Handwash on my face or any where other than on my hands so I am not sure if it would work well if used on my face but I am not keen to try it out as I think soap can dry the skin on my face.

I only need to use one squirt of the Boots Handwash to wash my hands cos the cream is so thick and it soaps up easily so the bottle has lasted quite a long time which means it has worked out to be very good value for money.

I would suggest giving the Boots Essentials Cream Handwash a try out cos I thought it was a very good price and I thought the hand soap was good at cleaning my hands and it did not dry out my skin. It is good for all of the family to use and it is a bit basic but a lot better than some of the supermarket basic hand soaps.