jipp05

• Comments

Member since: 23.03.2010

User that trust you
      10.07.2014 19:15

Advantages

• "Really clever ui that works well with phone"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive and can still be damaged "

Clever flip cover

The LG G2 is an amazing mobile phone but unfortunately LG decided to skimp in using more premium materials and plumped for plastic and not only plastic but shiny plastic which makes the phone slippy in the hands and I had only owned it for a few hours when I realised that buying a case for it wasn''t only a good idea but pretty much a necessity. This flip case is a little bit different from the old style ones as it has a cut out window placed near the top of the phone and the phone has special software specially designed to allow the phone to interact with the window. When the case is on the phone and you have the front lid closed the phone shows the time, weather and music controls which are the things that most people turn their phone on for all the time. It means that you don''t need to keep opening the case just to do something quick like change a music track. You can also do things like pick up phone calls and snooze your alarm if it goes off quickly from the window without having to open it. I definitely prefer this to having to open a case every time I take it out of my pocket to check the time or see who is calling me. The case is made up of two components with the back being made of a hard plastic shell and the front part being made of polyurethane. The two parts are bonded together and feel secure and the front slip part will fit behind the back shell when you want unobstructed access to the screen. When you look at the case both the front and the back are made to be thin but you do have to be aware that you are adding protection to both the front and the back of your phone so it does add some bulk. As the G2 is quite a thin phone though it doesn''t make it huge but you notice the extra weight and thickness especially if putting it in your jeans pocket. The trade off from this extra weight and thickness is that you get extra protection and it does protect my screen and usually this is where I get damage from scratches and cracks. The only problem that I have with the flip part is that it isn''t magnetically attached to the screen to there is always the danger of dropping the phone from a height and then the flip opening before it hits the ground and your phone screen being unprotected from the fall. The case allows for complete access to all the ports on the phone so you don''t need to take it on and off for things like charging or putting in headphones etc. It also comes in a variety of different colours so you can have it stand out as much or as little as you would like it to.

06.07.2014 16:25

Advantages

• "Strong smelling"
        • "A classic scent"

Disadvantages

• "Might be a bit dated for some"

An old classic

Davidoff Cool Water is one of those fragrances that everyone seemed to wear when I was a teenager back in the 90''s and then it fell out of fashion though for the life of me I can''t understand why as Cool Water is an amazing men''s fragrance and well deserving of its classic status. The scent is difficult to describe but it is very masculine and yet very fresh at the same time. The beginning of the fragrance is quite harsh and chemical smelling but after 5 minutes or so it tones down and is less shouty and loud. There is definitely mint in there along with some woodsy notes and something sweeter which I assume to be orange blossom or the neroli. Whatever it is the notes all work in perfect harmony and don''t overpower each other. This is one of those aftershaves that doesn''t really evolve much which I know real connoisseurs of perfume and aftershave hate but I like the fact that this smells exactly the same for the entire time I am wearing it and doesn''t change to a completely different fragrance after an hour or so. I find that the longevity on this is amazing and is one of the longest lasting aftershaves that I have ever used. It is one of my biggest bug bears when buying an amazing smelling fragrance that I pay a small fortune for it and then wear it and within a couple of hours it has completely disappeared from my skin. Not so with this one. You can give yourself three or four sprays of this and be guaranteed that it is going to last for hours and hours. The projection from this is also really good. It projects enough that people around you can smell it but I don''t think it overwhelms them. As for suitability I think this is one of those male fragrances that is suitable for all occasions. You can easily wear this either during the day or at night and it is equally at home in the office as it is in a nightclub. You certainly won''t struggle to find this no matter where you live as is seems to be stocked absolutely everywhere. You can of course buy it online or else on the high street in department stores such as Debenhams or The House of Fraser. It is also frequently stocked at discount retailers such as Semi-Chem and Wilkos where you can pick it up much cheaper. For example expect to pay 40 for the 75ml bottle of Eau de Toilette in somewhere like Debenhams but if you look around you can get it for 20 like I did in my local chemist. This was a rediscovered classic for me and I feel like it has earned the classic title for standing the test of time against the literally hundreds of men''s fragrances which have come and gone since this was released.

24.06.2014 17:08

Advantages

• "Soothing and numbing "

Disadvantages

Will help you cope until you get to the dentist

There are certain types of pain that I cope with better than other and although I am not a masochist I think I have a pretty high threshold for certain pain and if I have a twinge of pain I try to ignore it unless it gets bad in which case I will seek out some sort of treatment. The exception to this rule for me is toothache and even the slightest hint of sensitivity from a tooth is enough to send me rushing to the bathroom cabinet to see what I have in as it is the worst kind of pain imaginable and I find that when I have toothache I literally cannot function with anything else as it is all consuming for me. As well as taking painkillers to help with toothache I also rely upon some sort of liquid numbing agent such as clove oil. People have been using clove oil as a treatment from toothache for hundreds of years and it is still just as effective as any modern medicine that you can buy. I like the fact that there are no medical contradictions so I can still use painkillers and the clove oil to top up the pain relief whenever I need it. Clove oil is extremely potent smelling but it isn''t an altogether unpleasant smell though it does always remind me of the dentist understandably since I only have ever used it for toothache. The oil works as a local anaesthetic to temporary numb and relive the pain of toothache. You use the oil by dipping it in a cotton bud and then applying it directly into the tooth cavity where the pain is. It gives an immediate soothing sensation which is a relief when toothache strikes and you are waiting for the painkillers to kick in. The numbing sensation will last anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 and a half hours. Sometimes after using the clove oil it has soothed the nerve pain enough that the toothache has been lessened enough until I can get to the dentist but at other times I have had to keep using it several times throughout the day. It all depends on what kind of toothache and if the nerve is infected. No matter though how severe the pain the clove oil will help to relieve it even if it doesn''t take it away entirely. There are all sorts of different kinds of clove oil preparations to can buy from the pure essential oil to a gel but no matter what kind you buy make sure and get something with the highest concentration of oil in that you can. I try to not be without clove oil now because I know for a fact that I just can''t cope with toothache of any kind and I know this will help me get through it until I can get myself to a dentist.

• GoldenEye Ointment / Medicine / 13 Readings / 11 Ratings
        20.06.2014 09:50

Advantages

• "Works quickly to relieve and get rid of eye infections "

Disadvantages

The most effective thing for me

When I used to wear contact lenses I suffered regularly from eye infections which I blamed on the contacts but since I have had my eyes lasered and no longer wear contact lenses I still get the odd eye infection which causes my eye to become tender and sore and swell almost shut. I have been to the doctor and he says there is no reason why I should be getting them and that I am just unlucky. It isn''t as though I get them all the time but even once a year is more than enough as it is both uncomfortable and horrible to look at too. I used to wait to see the doctor and then get a prescription but now I just pop into the pharmacy and buy some Goldeneye ointment as this works the best for me and I don''t need a prescription to buy it. You can only buy it from pharmacies at the discretion of the pharmacist but I have never had any trouble being given it as they take one look at my swollen eye and just hand it over. The ointment comes in a tiny little tube and costs 5.95. The active ingredient is Chloramphenicol which is an antibiotic used to treat conjunctivitis. The ointment is a very greasy one thanks to the fact that it is also made up of paraffin and wool fat. You use it by squeezing a couple of drops into the infected eye on the tear duct and then rolling your eyeball around so that the ointment can cover the entire eyeball. You have to be careful when putting the ointment in so as to not spread the infection to the tube. Once you put the ointment in your eye it feels a little bit uncomfortable as it is thick compared to drops so you can feel it on your eyeball and it does blur your vision for a few minutes. You continue to use the ointment 3 or 4 times a day for a maximum of 5 days. It doesn''t get to work straight away but after a day or so of using it my eye is always much better. The pain subsides quickly and the swelling comes down significantly after about day two of using it. I have used all sorts of things to help when I get conjunctivitis and this is by far the most effective and I find that it is much better and quicker acting than eye drops are and I wouldn''t go back to using them again now that I use this instead.

• VO5 Control Styling Wax / Hair Care / 11 Readings / 11 Ratings
        17.06.2014 09:57

Advantages

• "Washes out easily "

Disadvantages

• "Far too greasy and not enough hold "

Greasy and limp hair

I have short hair which tends to be dry and frizzy so I need to add product to it to get it under control and to style it. I really like mud waxes which matt hair and give me good control over it but I will just grab the first thing that I come to when I am in the shop especially when it is on offer as although I have ones which I prefer I assume most waxes will work fine on my short hair as long as they have at least a medium control. That''s how I ended up with this wax because it was on offer and said that it gave control as well as shape. The wax resembles Vaseline both in colour and also texture which is never a positive start as I don''t imagine that Vaseline would give me the look that I am looking for with my hair. Unfortunately it doesn''t just look and feel like Vaseline but it also has the same greasiness as Vaseline and this left my hair looking like I had just dunked it in a chip pan. Honestly the greasiness was unbelievable. I also found it to be completely rubbish when it came to giving hold and definition. Because it is so greasy it just caused my hair to go completely flat and limp and I couldn''t spike it up while wearing this. The only good thing that I can really say about this wax is that it washes out really easily with just a little bit of shampoo and after one wash there was none left in my hair. Apparently you can restyle your hair throughout the day while wearing this but that is only because until you wash it the wax stays greasily sitting in your hair. I can''t imagine who this wax would be suitable for because I found it to just be greasy and offer no hold or control to my hair.

13.06.2014 10:29

Advantages

• "Allows for a close shave "
        • "Good price "
        • "Cooling sensation"

Disadvantages

A value for money shave gel which cools skin and allows for a close shave.

I have no particular brand loyalty when it comes to buying shaving products and usually just go with whatever is on offer. I do try and make sure I buy a decent brand though as cheap shaving products usually aren't all that good and I would rather pay a couple of pounds more to ensure that my skin isn't left red raw. I do prefer shaving gels and oils to foams though as I find that foams are too thick for the razor to get a good close shave. King of shaves is a brand that I really like especially as they always seem to be on offer somewhere so I can usually get a shave gel from them for less than the rrp. The alpha shave gel contains menthol which I think is a great ingredient to add to shaving products as one of the things that I always suffer from is shaving burn and menthol helps to cool it right down. The gel allows a for a close shave as it doesn't clog up the razor that you are using which in turn helps with razor burn as it means that you don't have to keep going over the same area several times to get a close shave. It doesn't offer as close a shave as the oil but for an everyday shave this helps you get a smooth enough shave. It feels nice on the skin and it isn't extremely drying unlike some shaving gels and the menthol is an excellent addition as it immediately cools the skin as soon as it touches it and it seems to help with the worst of the burning sensation afterwards too. Overall this is a good shaving gel and I haven't got much to complain about it as it does the job well and the added addition of the menthol really works well in this particular product. It also isn't very expensive and the full price of the gel is 3.69 but as I mentioned it seems to be on offer somewhere all the time so you can pick it up even cheaper and for the money it performs really well.

13.06.2014 08:39

Advantages

• "Smells nice "

Disadvantages

An expensive lotion with not many benefits to be seen or felt

I bought some Boot's No 7 men's products when they were on a 3for2 offer and I had a 5.00 off voucher too so they worked out pretty good value. One of the products that I bought was this Post Shave Recovery Balm. I find that sometimes shaving can be an uncomfortable experience especially on my neck area and it can feel tender and raw after shaving so I bought this hoping that it would soothe my skin after shaving. The one that I got is different to the picture Dooyoo has as that is the old formulation and it has been changed now. It now comes in a black tub which looks better for a man's product but they must have also changed the actual balm too as it no longer contains any SPF protection. Overall I liked the No 7 products that I bought but this one was a big disappointment as it didn't really do anything to relieve the pain associated with shaving. It smells nice but that's about it. This balm is really more a lotion and that's all it really does is give light moisturisation to skin. It doesn't really do anything special to skin to help soothe it nor does it cool skin down like it claims on the tube. I also didn't like how this felt on my skin as it left a greasy looking layer just sitting on the top of my skin which didn't seem to absorb. To be honest this had no calming properties whatsoever as far as I could tell and I would recommend that you save your money and just buy a decent moisturiser instead as it will give you better soothing qualities than this so called calming balm will. It isn't even as though this is cheap as it costs 8.00 when bought on its own with no special offers which I think it over priced for what is effectively a light lotion that won't really moisturise enough or give you any protection or relief from razor burn.

• LG G2 / Smartphone / 15 Readings / 14 Ratings
        11.06.2014 08:43

Advantages

• "large and bright screen"
        • "Long battery life"

Disadvantages

• "Uninspired design"

Finally a phone that I can use for the whole day

I use my phone a lot and one of the things that has always really bugged me about modern smartphones is that they may be all singing and dancing but what good is that if they can't even get a full day from a single charge before dying. The biggest thing that attracted me to buying the LG G2 was because of the fact that the battery life was being touted as the best on any modern smartphone. I remember the good old days with my old Nokia phone that would last a week on a single charge and while I didn't expect any modern phone to match that I did want something that could make it from morning until bedtime without dying on me. The phone has all the usual top of the range specs that you would expect from any flag ship phone. It has a 5.2 inch screen which has a ppi of 423 which means that even the most eagle eyes of people shouldn't be able to notice any discernable pixels on the screen when looking at it. I use the phone a lot for surfing the internet and watching movies and both are great with the large bright screen. The phone is quite large but because it is very thin it fits in my pocket with ease and because the bezels on the phone as so small they have really made the most of the available real estate to cram in the 5.2 inch screen without making the phone too large to hold comfortably. The battery life is fantastic with the phone and it easily gets through a whole day with no problems. I watch movies, listen to music, surf the internet and send loads of whatsapps throughout a day and even with the wifi function turned on it hasn't let me down yet. I also really like the fact that they phone charges really quickly. If I have forgot to charge it I can just plug it in and within 20 minutes or so it will have charged 50 per cent which is actually enough juice to last a good few hours. The design of the phone is a little bit uninspired and I wish that LG had plumped for more premium materials in its construction such as glass or metal like some of the other phone manufacturers instead of going for plastic. It isn't a horrible design but it is very plain and not as attractive as some. They have tried to be different by placing the volume and power buttons on the back of the phone instead of the side as they say this is more natural for people to use but I have to disagree with them slightly as I would still prefer them in the traditional place. Calls sound good on the phone and it doesn't drop them very often and I think that reception seems to be better with this than with most phones that I have had.

10.06.2014 09:51

Advantages

• "cleared up dandruff"

Disadvantages

• "Dried out my hair "
          • Stung

All talk no action

The Double Effects Alpecin shampoo works in two stages. Stage one works to help clear your scalp of dandruff thanks to a complex of piroctone olamine and salicylic acid while stage two of the shampoo works to penetrate the hair follicles with caffeine to strengthen them against hair loss. It is recommended that you use the shampoo by massaging it into your scalp and then leaving it on your hair for 2 minutes before rinsing it off. The scalp massage is supposed to get the blood flowing to the scalp while leaving it on for 2 minutes is supposed to give it time to penetrate the follicles. The shampoo itself is fairly pleasant smelling. I am not sure what I expected but I did think it would probably smell very medicinal but it was quite a fresh smell. You only need a small amount of the shampoo to get a really good lather going and I found that there was enough of a lather to massage it into my scalp for a minute or so. I always tried to leave it on for longer than 2 minutes as I wanted to make sure and give it the longest possible time to hopefully get to work. First of all this is not a gentle shampoo by any means. I actually felt it sting my scalp when I had it on to the point where I worried that I might be allergic to it as it was quite painful but apparently this is very common when using this shampoo so I wasn't overly worried. It did actually help with the dandruff that I had though. I never really get severe dandruff but I can get a few white flaky bits and this just lifted them right off and I noticed a considerable improvement afterwards. The thing that I noticed most about this shampoo was that I thought it was very drying on my hair. This wasn't a big problem for me as my hair is short and I use wax on it anyway but I can imagine for long hair that it might be a problem. My hair was definitely thicker looking when I used this but it wasn't anything to do with strengthened hair or the caffeine it was because the shampoo had dried my hair out so much it looks fuzzy and almost cotton wool like which wasn't exactly the result I was hoping for. As I wear wax I could flatten most of this fuzziness out of my hair but it wasn't a good look and had this been just a normal shampoo it would have been thrown straight in the bin. Unfortunately after using it for a few weeks I didn't really notice any dramatic improvement in my hair . There might have been a slight difference in the thickness of my hair but I am not even sure if this was the case or if it was just wishful thinking on my part.

06.06.2014 11:06

Advantages

• "Seems to be helping"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive "
            • "Nothing in it specifically for hay fever "

Seems to help

I have never suffered from hay fever in my life until this year when all of a sudden and out of the blue it started one morning. To begin with I wasn't even sure what it was as I was just wakening up with a running nose and streaming eyes with constant sneezing but as I didn't suffer from hay fever it never occurred to me that that's what it was. Apparently it is extremely common for hay fever to start out of the blue in adult hood. Once I figured out what it was I was on a mission to do something about it. I didn't really want to start with steroids as it didn't feel that bad and I thought I would leave them as a last resort. I read about Haymax pollen balm and thought that I would give it a try and see if it would help me any. I liked the idea of it as it was more natural and contained no drugs in it. I wasn't sure if it would work but I was willing to give it a go and see. Haymax is a thick balm containing aloe vera, beeswax and sunflower oil that you apply to the base of your nostrils to trap pollen before it can enter your nose. I am running a lot at the minute and my route takes me through fields and there are loads of wild flowers so I thought that it would help stop me from inhaling too much pollen when out running. I am really not very sure how effective this is. Since using it the hay fever seems to have got a lot better but that could just be my body getting used to it and starting to fight it off a little. I defiantely haven't noticed any increase in the amount of sneezing after being out running even on sunny days so it must be helping slightly. I like the idea of this balm and will continue to use it for a while yet to see if the hay fever that I have developed stays mild. It seems to be trapping the pollen before it gets the chance to go in my nose but the only thing bothering me is that there is nothing in this that is specifically for hay fever and I could probably get the same effect with vaselene or some other cheap balm instead of paying 5.99 for it. On the plus side the balm will last me for ages as you only need a little bit so even though the pot is small I should get plenty of use out of it.

• Boots Ibuprofen Gel / Pain Relief / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
            06.06.2014 10:52

Advantages

• "Absorbs easily "
            • "Helps with my Sciatica pain "

Disadvantages

it helps me

I have Sciatica that flares up quite often and I have been prescribed different things from the doctor to help with it but currently the thing that seems to be helping the most is ibuprofen gel. I bought some own branded ibuprofen from Boot's a few weeks ago where it cost 4.29 for a 50g tube so it isn't extremely cheap but still cheaper than the majority of the branded gels that they were selling which just contained the same ingredients. I am always a little bit concerned when it comes to pain relief that I might become too dependent on it so even though this came in a stronger version I just went for the 5 percent preparation instead of going for the 10 percent. I have used the 5 percent before and it helps so I thought I would stick to that even though the 10 percent is excellent for severe pain. You use the gel on the affected areas every 4 hours but not more than 4 times in a 24 hour period. You just get a blob and massage it where you have pain until it is absorbed. It leaves skin sticky but only for a few minutes and it does absorb quickly. Now I find that ibuprofen gel is the best thing for my Sciatica but everyone is different and what works for me might not work for you. Within about 20 minutes of applying the gel the pain is lessened and although it is still there in the background it is less severe and it really seems to help with the nerve pain which is what gets me the most about Sciatica. I only usually have to use it for a few days at a time when my Sciatica is really flaring up but for those few days it is one of the only things that gives me any relief in bed and helps me to be able to get to sleep as my pain is worsened when I am lying on my back in bed. Obviously this is a medicine so you should read the label as there are loads of contradictions when using it such as different drugs which can interact badly with it etc. I also hurt my ankle while running last week. Not badly but it was giving me some discomfort and I used this on the area where the pain was most severe and it really helped relieve that type of pain too so it definitely comes in handy for all kinds of different pain. I refuse to pay more for medicines just because they have a brand name when there are generic versions available with the exact same ingredients for cheaper and this is just the same as the more expensive branded ones and just as good.

05.06.2014 18:07

Advantages

• "Soothes scalp "
              • "It does get rid of dandruff"

Disadvantages

• "Quite expensive"

A good anti-dandruff shampoo

I actually got this off my mum as she noticed that I had dandruff and she had a bottle of this in the bathroom and kept telling me how good it was at getting rid of it. I usually use head and shoulders when dandruff rears its ugly head but I was willing to try this especially since it was free and would save me having to buy my own and besides my mum was adamant it was the best dandruff shampoo she had ever used. The shampoo comes in a 400ml bottle which costs 6.50 but it is also available in a smaller 250ml bottle for 4.50. The shampoo itself is a liquorice colour and is very thick. I kind of thought just from the colour of the shampoo that it would have a strong medicinal smell but it doesn't. The smell of ginger is actually really nice and works well and had I not known it was an anti-dandruff shampoo then I would never have guessed from the smell. I don't think most people will be buying it as just a nice smelling shampoo however so as an anti-dandruff shampoo I was quite impressed with how it worked. I left it on my scalp for a few minutes so that it could have time to get to work and even in those first few minutes I felt as though it was already starting to soothe it and help take away the itching. When I washed it off my hair the first time and towel dried my hair I thought that I noticed an improvement with the dandruff though it was still there of course but I did feel as though it looked a little bit better. The second time I used the shampoo I noticed a definite improvement in the itchiness of my scalp and within a week all the dandruff that I had was pretty much completely gone. I have used a few different dandruff shampoos and I wouldn't say this is better than them at getting rid of dandruff but it was definitely one of the better ones that I have used at soothing my scalp and taking away the itch that I get when I have dandruff. It is also a really nice shampoo to use and the ginger smell is good and suitable for all members of the family as it isn't floral and feminine and is unisex. I probably still prefer head and shoulders because it is cheaper and I love the fresh smell that it has but this is a good alternative and a really good quality shampoo that smells good and actually works to get rid of dandruff.

• Imperial Leather Soap / Soaps / 11 Readings / 11 Ratings
                30.05.2014 12:34

Advantages

• "Lather very well"

Disadvantages

A classic but not for me

Imperial Leather soap was something that I was brought up with and there was always a bar in our bathroom to wash our hands with. I bought some when I saw a pack of 3 for 1.00 because it had been ages since I used it.
                The soap is a light beige colour and has a very solid and rigid feel to it. It actually feels like a brick it is so hard. At first there is some resistance to getting a lather worked up with the soap but after a few massages it soon foams up. This is probably one of the best soaps I have ever used for getting a really good lather going with not a lot of effort. Using this soap it leaves skin feeling really clean so much so in fact that skin feels as though it has been completely stripped of all natural oils. This might be good for germs but I found it to be so drying even though it is supposed to be ?rich and creamy?. Perhaps if you haven't got naturally dry skin anyway then this would be more suitable but for me it was just too harsh and drying. After using this my skin was literally squeaky clean but I could feel that all the natural oils had been stripped away.
                Also the scent was not something that I enjoyed with this soap. I remember my mum used to love how this smelt but I was not keen on it at all. It smells so soapy but not in a clean and refreshing way but in a really harsh and unpleasant way.
                For a soap that is so unwieldy when new this really starts dissolving quickly. A soap dissolving in water is understandable obviously but I did find that this would sit on the soap dish after being used and it would literally melt before my eyes. After a few days of using it the soap would then practically break up in my hands when I tried to use it.
                I was talking about this with my mum when I visited her a few weeks ago and she still has Imperial Leather in the bathroom and she couldn't have disagreed with me more and she loves it but it isn't one that I shall be purchasing ever again.

• Oilatum Soap / Soaps / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
                30.05.2014 11:41

Advantages

• "Gentle on skin"

Disadvantages

Gentle but not very moisturising

I get really dry skin in winter which is a combination of changes in temperature and dry air from central heating. My skin goes all scaly and itchy and I need to moisturise it with a really rich moisturiser to keep it under control. Oilatum is something that I have used a few times to help keep my skin moisturised and itch free when it is especially dry. I have used both the cream and the bath formula for ages but I was always sceptical of using the soap as I always associate soap with drying out skin so I didn't know how they were able to produce one which was supposed to clean but moisturise skin at the same time. I decided to try it as it was only 4.00 which might be expensive for a bar of soap but it was certainly a price I was willing to pay if it helped. The soap contains oil so it cleanses skin without stripping it of all its natural protective oils and even adds some more to the skin. The soap is an orange colour and it has a VERY distinctive smell which is very strong but actually I didn't mind it at all and thought it was quite nice. You just use the soap as you would any other soap by washing yourself with it and then rinsing it off. It lathers really well and just massaging it in your hands for a few seconds produces loads of soapy residue to massage yourself with. It cleans skin nicely and it wasn't drying at all though I didn't think it was all that moisturising either. It didn't make my skin any worse but it also didn't seem to put extra moisture back into it. I liked the soap but for the price there are loads of shower gels around that contain moisturising properties for dry skin and they actually put moisture back into skin as well as cleaning so for me I probably wouldn't buy it again. It was ok but that's about it and although I was sceptical about using soap I did expect coming from Oilatum it would be richer as the bath formula and cream are both very soothing and moisturising and I did expect this to be a bit more moisturising than it actually was.

• Sainsbury's Basics Handwash / Soaps / 10 Readings / 10 Ratings
                30.05.2014 10:14

Advantages

• cheap
                • "large bottle"

Disadvantages

• "Not great cleaning "
                • Residue
                • "left my skin dry"

A cheap but not so great basic hand wash

When it comes to value products Sainsbury's is one of my favourites for these items as the quality just seems that little bit better than Tesco and Asda. I always have some hand wash next to the sink in my downstairs toilet for guests to use and I had an empty bottle of Carex hand wash and decided to buy this and decant it to my empty bottle therefor saving me a few pennies. I could have just put the Sainsbury's bottle in the toilet but let's be honest it is cheap and nasty looking and you want to give a good impression to people even if it is a lie.What I can't complain about it the price as it is only 40p for a large 500ml bottle which is significantly bigger than most of the liquid soaps I normally buy for the bathroom. Unfortunately it is cheap for a reason and you can tell straight away this isn't the same quality as the more expensive ones which I suppose is understandable given the price but for some reason I expected it to be better coming from Sainsbury's.First of all it is very thin and runny and nowhere near as thick as most of the hand washes that I normally buy. It also doesn't have the scent that most of them do as the fragrance with this one was very faint and not that great even when I could smell it. It does what it is supposed to do and that is wash hands but it isn't the best even at that. It doesn't lather very well so you end up using more of it than you would with a thicker one and although it did clean my hands I never felt as though they were particularly cleaned well if that makes sense. They looked clean but they didn't have that really clean feeling you get from a good hand wash and it always felt as though there was some residue of the liquid soap on my skin. It also didn't leave my skin feeling very nice and my hands were left dry after using this a few times. I wouldn't buy this again not because it was particularly terrible but it just wasn't very good and money isn't that tight that I can't buy a decent branded hand wash which are usually to be found on offer for only a pound or so.I do think that this offers good value for money but I just think life is too short to use something that isn't very good for the sake of 60p.