jrh2

• Comments

Member since: 19.01.2013

User that trust you
      23.07.2014 18:52

Advantages

• "Good dancing"
      • "Great songs"
      • "Brilliantly staged"

Disadvantages

• "Do watch the film first!"

I had the time of my life

I had wanted to see Dirty Dancing the Musical for quite a while before we got around to booking the tickets. When myself and my mum saw it was going on tour we knew we had to see it before it ended but we had already booked to see quite a few more shows this year, (living in the Channel Islands makes it expensive to see shows as they never come to us, we always have to go to them!) We ended up booking it for my anty's birthday present, at least that's what everyone else thought, we knew we just needed an excuse to go! We went to see the show in Southampton at the end of June which was the start of the UK tour.

As mentioned in my review of the film, I went to the show not having seen the film and what a bad decision that was. I was confused throughout the show and had very little knowledge of the story lines other than the obvious. Now having seen the film I understand what was going on on the stage but at the time I was pretty clueless. Nevertheless, I did really enjoy the show.

The musical is basically mostly the same as the film, a lot of the time it seems to be word for word. Seventeen year old Baby goes on holiday with her family and ends up learning to dance with Johnny who she later falls in love with. All of the well known scenes from the film that everyone loves were done brilliantly, even the scene in the water looked realistic despite no water being involved.

I loved the music and dancing throughout the show and really enjoyed how they showed the dancing on stage. The songs were all really catchy tunes and I had them in my head all the way back to the hotel, (they were actually stuck in my head for a week after which is frustrating when you are trying to concentrate!!) I was surprised that being a musical they didn't actually have the leads singing all the songs themselves.

My favourite part of the show was from Kellerman's Anthem onwards. I absolutely loved the Time of My Life song and dance at the end and the atmosphere in the theatre was incredible and the end scenes were clearly what everyone had waited for. After loud cheers of Johnny entering through the audience everyone was so excited for this scene and I knew this last song was one of the reasons I wanted to see the show and it didn't disappoint. The audience were clapping, singing and cheering throughout and to add to the amazing feel good feeling the spot lights were shining around over the audience making it feel like you were there with the audience in the Dirty Dancing talent show. Without fail the famous lift was executed brilliantly and of course followed by a massive applause. The end was so good I would have paid to see just that alone!

I think the atmosphere during Dirty Dancing was the best I have been in (and I have seen a lot of shows!) I would highly recommend watching the show if you enjoyed the film and you won't be disappointed. Having now seen the film I really want to go back so I can fully appreciate the show. I should have just listened to mum and watched the film first!!

• Hasbro Connect 4 Dunk / Board Game / 10 Readings / 9 Ratings
      22.07.2014 21:21

Advantages

• "easy to play "
      • "great quality"
      • "brilliant fun"

Disadvantages

• none

a game everyone should try, young or old!

I bought this game at the end of last year and find it fantastic fun. I was Christmas shopping with my mum whilst I spotted this game in the toy shop and although I was meant to be spending money on Christmas presents, I just had to buy this for myself.

As soon as we got home myself and my mum opened it straight away. We thought we would play on the kitchen table, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but not recommended for reasons you'll soon discover. We took the pieces out the box and slotted them together after sticking the stickers on purely for decorative purposes. It was simple to put together but it took five or ten minutes to put the stopper thing at the bottom to stop the counters from falling out, (it really isn't that difficult but being the type of people not to read instructions, it took us a while!)

We were then ready to play, the game was set up, counters were beside us and launchers at the ready. I took the first shot at getting it in the base and the counter flew straight over the top and under the fridge. Mum took a shot and it went under the oven (as I mentioned, the kitchen no longer seems like a good place to play it!)We retrieved the counters from the floor, got some bags and covered up the gaps under kitchen appliances and continued flinging counters around in all directions. We got none into the base but it was hilariously funny trying. It must have been half to three quarters of an hour before we finally got one counter in and we were so pleased (well mum was anyway, i was still trying!).

After about an hour we were just getting the hang of it and finally getting them in the base and not over the floor, the only problem was getting four in a row as we still didn't have fantastic control over these counters. After winning the game we then read that you only need four in the base and not necessarily in a row but that rule is not so fun anyway. We opted for our four in a row rule.

This game is really great fun for all ages and after myself and my mum played it we got my gran and nan to have a go but they managed to achieve making the counters fly backwards and into themselves (no idea how that happened?) I also took it to work with me as i was loving the game so much and played it with both the adults and children and they loved it. Can be a bit tiring getting up and down to get the counters though when they went in awkward to reach places.

This is a brilliant quality game and brilliant fun, especially great to watch beginners! Who knew that flinging around counters would provide such entertainment that never gets old?

• Dirty Dancing (DVD) / DVD / 13 Readings / 11 Ratings
        21.07.2014 18:38

Advantages

• "Brilliant film"

Highly recommended

Until a few weeks ago I had never seen Dirty Dancing. My mum was always telling me I should watch it but I hadn''''t as it was made in 87 making it older than me and I prefer modern films. The other week I went to see the stage musical in Southampton still not having seen the film and was honestly very confused to which my mum said, I told you so, you should have watched the film. Mum was right again, the day after we returned I watched the film and loved it, (I have now learnt my lesson and as instructed by mum will be watching The Bodyguard on DVD before going to see that on stage in August!!)

I am sure most people will know the plot already and I am the one who is late waiting until I am 20 to watch the film, but regardless, the film is about a seventeen year old known as Baby who goes on holiday with her family and ends up learning to dance with Johnny who she ends up falling in love with.

I really liked the story lines in the film and like how they are very believable and the characters are relatable. The characters are portrayed really well and I think it is good to see how the summer holiday has changed Baby and Johnny for the better.

I think the film has great music and I really like Hungry Eyes and Yes. I am not a big fan of dance films but I thought this one was done very well and although it is very much based on dance it is not overly full of dance. I think that is why I like it so much, it has a good balance of dance and drama.

My favourite part of the film is anything past the Kellerman''''s Anthem as I quite like that song and obviously (I''''ve had) the Time of My Life is the best song in the film for all reasons, it is great to see Baby and Johnny happy together, a fantastic tune and brilliant dancing. I think it is a great end to the film, (I believe I have watched the last ten minutes of the film more than I have watched the film itself!)

I really love this film and have watched it quite a few times in the last few weeks. I think it has become a favourite of mine and is definitely worth a watch if like me you were unsure.

• Frozen (DVD) (2014) / DVD / 8 Readings / 7 Ratings
        13.07.2014 15:27

Advantages

• "Fantastic film"

Disadvantages

The best film I have seen for years

I have always loved Disney films but after not being impressed by the last few I''d seen I wasn''t desperate to see this film (although I still wanted to see it.) My mum had seen the trailer online and really wanted to see it so she went to the cinema to watch it with some of my family but I declined as I am not a big fan of the cinema and would rather wait for the DVD, so I did. When I finally got the DVD the week of its release I left it sat in front of my television for a week before even considering watching it and then one Sunday afternoon I decided to watch it as I had nothing else to do. Since then I have been obsessed with the film and for the first few weeks or so I watched at least a few minutes of the film everyday, I must''ve seen it hundreds of times now and I never watch animated films more than once! This film has become so popular I am sure you already know the basic idea of what happens but there are two sisters, Elsa and Anna who used to be the best of friends until Elsa''s magical power of turning things into ice got out of control. After striking Anna in the heart as a child the parents kept the sisters apart to protect Elsa, her powers and her family but after a terrible accident Elsa is left to control her powers alone. During Elsa''s coronation she runs off to protect the people she cares about but being a caring sister Anna insists she will go after her and bring her back to Arendelle to sort out the snow issue. I think this is such an amazing film and I really like how it shows sisterly love rather than the classic handsome prince like most Disney films. The characters are superb and very much relatable for children yet still with a fantasy twist which I think children love. Olaf the snowman is the cutest and funniest character and I really want it to snow next year so I can make my own Olaf in the garden! I really like the musical feel of this film and at first I was very surprised to see Anna actually singing ''Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?'' herself as I expected it to be more of a backing track. I have always thought that this film seems as if it could be taken directly from the screen and placed on a West End stage as it is already so perfect as it is. I love all of the songs and am always finding myself humming or singing along, and of course, I know all the words. I think this film has a great message in for children and I like the twist at the end. It is an amazing film whether you are a child or adult and if you haven''t seen it you are missing out. Like me, the children where I work are obsessed with this film and they are always singing one of the songs, taking about the characters or pretending to be Elsa or Anna (Elsa seems to be the favourite though!) Personally, I loved the film so much I have bought as much Frozen merchandise I can get away with being an adult (it is a shame there is not more Frozen merchandise for adults out there!). I cannot recommend this film enough, it is a fantastic family film that everyone will enjoy.

• Dino Bite / Board Game / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
        10.07.2014 21:29

Advantages

• "Looks great"
        • "Good sounds "
        • "Fun game "

Disadvantages

• "Frustrating leaf"

Dino fun

I have always liked entering competitions and having done them online for a few years I had not won anything. That is until about a month ago when I was thrilled to win my first prize, this Dino Bite game. When I opened the box myself and my cousin, who is three, loved the dinosaur as he looked great. The nest and the dinosaur had to be put together which was really easy but what does annoy me is that when the game is put together it does not fit in the box so I must either take the dinosaur off which I feel will break it in the end or not put it back in the box, not a preference either. The game also comes with red, yellow, green and blue baby dino''s, a dice and some dinosaur tweezers. Unfortunately there is only one dinosaur tweezer so everyone must share. The aim of the game is to save all the baby dino''s from the dinosaur''s nest but if you are not careful the Dino will catch you in the act and jump forward. After setting up the game by putting the babies in the nest and turning the sound on by the base we were ready to go. We each rolled the dice and took turns taking out a dinosaur baby and bringing it to safety. I thought that my cousin would find it a little fiddly as the tweezers don''t open very far at all and the massive great leaf is right in the way but he was surprisingly good at it, maybe better than me! He liked the jungle sounds we heard whilst playing but I thought it was quite loud for a game. After what felt like an eternity of us being in suspense to see what the dinosaur would do (well I was, I didn''t tell him as I wanted it to be a surprise!), the dinosaur finally jumped forward with a roar (or whatever dinosaurs do!!) which made us both jump. After that my cousin was not sure about playing the game as he didn''t like the dinosaur jumping or roar so we played it again with the sound off and no jumping and he enjoyed it just as much. The game is for children over four but I am not sure that I agree with that age as it would be quite easy for an older child and they could get fed up easily. It is for two to four players but I think you could play it with any amount of players, even on your own if you wanted. I think it is a good dinosaur game for children but doesn''t keep them entertained for too long.

09.07.2014 20:40

Advantages

• "A good book"

Disadvantages

• Nothing

An OK GG book

Nobody does it better is the seventh book in the Gossip Girl series and is not one of my favourites. I felt like the book just dragged on with the current story-lines from the previous book and the stories weren''t really going anywhere. After receiving there acceptance letters to college the upper east siders are preparing themselves for college and deciding which of the many schools they got into they should attend. That is with exception to Blair, who is still waiting to see if she can get into Yale and like Blair does best she has found a way to hopefully get herself in without all the hard work. Serena and Jenny find themselves hanging around with Dans band the Raves and are having a great time until the Humphreys father finds out about there plans. Vanessa is looking for a new roommate after her sister has left and she finds it hard to find the perfect person. I found my favourite part of this book was with Vanessa finding a new roommate as although she has never been a character I have been interested in I was surprised at who she chose and her decisions whilst looking for a roommate. Another story I enjoyed was seeing Blair cope in a busy house and leaving to go and stay at the Plaza, it''s a shame we all can''t afford to do that when times at home get tricky. It was good to see Jenny have a main storyline as it has been focused a lot on the seniors but it shows she can get up to just as much mischief as anyone else and still strives to be just like Serena. This book didn''t seem to have much of Chuck in which is a shame as he hasn''t been in the stories much lately and is still a main character I would like to follow, even if he isn''t in the Upper East Side at the time. Overall I think this is book was ok but it only started to get interesting at the end. Maybe the next book will be better.

• Disney Store / Online Shop / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
          08.07.2014 08:36

Advantages

• "Great products"

Disadvantages

• "Postage cost"

Shame about the postage

I love the Disney Store and it is always my first and last stop whenever I go to the UK mainland but sadly here in Guernsey we do not have a store, this means that if I want a bit of disney magic I have to buy it online or wait until I next go away. I think the online disney store is a really nice website and it is full of images of your favourite disney characters. I like how it is easy to find your way around by either choosing a film or character to show results by or a type of product. I find that the prices on the disney store can be a bit pricey but they are no different to the shop and the products are always fantastic quality so I don''t mind paying a bit more for a genuine disney product. The one thing I do like about the online store which you don''t find in the shops is the adults section as I love disney and really wish there were more adults things in-store and online. Whenever I visit the high street shop I always have to buy something (as I don''t get to visit very often) and sadly it can be very hard to find something being an adult so I always end up with a mug or a towel. The payment process on the disney store is really quick and easy on my ipad or laptop but I once was trying to pay on my smartphone as I wasn''t at home and I lost out on buying that product as it sold out before I could get my phone and the website to cooperate. I do like how you can use PayPal on the disney store as it is really convenient. My biggest frustration about the disney store online is the postage at a massive 4.95 regardless of what you are buying. I would buy so much more from the disney store online if I didn''t have to pay such a ridiculous amount for postage. I am usually only buying one item of them as well as it is often at the moment Frozen items and they are constantly in and out of stock meaning you have to frequently pay postage as what you want isn''t always in stock at the same time. The parcel is supposed to be with you in 5 working days and every one of my parcels from the disney store has come on the 5th working day and although that is quick I would expect it in two to three days to justify the postage. For some reason the parcels always come in the most massive box with one lunch box I ordered coming in a box at least six times the size of it. (This review had a proper ending and much more detail but the silly 500 word limit wouldn''t allow!!)

• The dooyoo Redesign / Discussion / 8 Readings / 6 Ratings
          07.07.2014 19:01

Advantages

• "Very few"

Disadvantages

• "Most of the redesign"

Looks good but the most unpractical site

I used to enjoy reading and writing reviews on dooyoo but quite a while ago I stopped visiting the website as I found I didn''t have so much time. About a month ago when I thought I would return to add a few reviews I found it had all changed and within 5 to 10 minutes I left again as I could not work my way around or even log in for that matter. Only the other day I decided to return and give it one more go and I think the website is a nightmare. It took me three days to finally find a site map of the categories without having to go through each individual category in the top corner and I searched for a product but that was useless as I had to go through loads of pages just to find what I wanted. The layout is awful and most of the page is taken up by empty space on the left and right making it frustrating having to zoom in on my ipad all the time but I couldn''t see properly without zooming in. I don''t like how when reading a review it just expands and doesn''t give a full page and then there is only helpful or not helpful so unless it''s extremely bad it''s always going to be helpful. When I wrote a review it frustrates me that there are no spaces and it won''t put pound signs in so I end up going through just to take them out and although the limit of words is good at the moment it is not many if you want to add some detail. I am currently struggling to read and rate others reviews as I currently don''t know how to see who has rated without going into each individual review and when I do read and rate a review I never know if I have read or rated that review before as I can''t see anything to show it and I can''t remember everything. Please help if you know how for either of these. I will continue to try and work this new website out but not sure how long before I give up again.

• Boots Soltan Face SPF50 / Sun Care / 8 Readings / 7 Ratings
          07.07.2014 08:08

Advantages

• "Does a good job"

Disadvantages

• "A little sticky"

Perfect for summer

Each summer when the sun starts to come out I find myself rushing out to buy some sun cream. I have very pale skin so if I forget to wear suncream I usually end up with a burnt nose and the Rudolph look isn''t too attractive! For as long as I can remember I have always chosen the Boots own brand sun cream Soltan Face in SPF 30 and it seems to work fine. The small tube contains 50ml of sun cream which is not much if you are regularly out in the sun but I tend to stay inside most of the time so the few times I do go out it is plenty for me. It is recommended that you use one teaspoons worth for the face and neck, I am not sure that I use that much though so maybe that''s another reason why it lasts me a while. When opening the lid the smell always reminds me of summer and I think it is a really nice smell, I suppose it just smells of regular sun cream though! The cream is a good consistency and is easy to rub in. The one thing I don''t like about sun creams is the greasy look you are often left with but I don''t find this one too greasy at all. I had not noticed before reading the packaging that the cream not only protects you from the sun with factor 30 and a five star UVA but it is also moisturising. I had noticed how my skin was much better in the summer whilst using this as I don''t generally make any effort to moisturise in the winter months. The sun cream protects the skin from long term damage and premature ageing from the sun which sounds good and it seems to do a good job but not really sure you could prove that. As long as I don''t go red in the summer then I am happy with the product. The only issue I have with this product is that it does seem to be a little sticky after the suncream has been rubbed in. The suncream should be applied 15 minutes before going out into the sun and lasts for 1 to 2 hours which is not too long, long enough for me though (just about), and must be reapplied after you have been in water. Overall I think this is a pretty good suncream and a reasonable price, I don''t think you can go wrong with Boots Soltan.

• amazon.co.uk / Online Shop / 10 Readings / 9 Ratings
          06.07.2014 12:51

Advantages

• "So much to choose from"
          • "Good prices "

Disadvantages

• "10 for free postage"

Best online store

Whenever I shop online I am always cautious of how safe the sites are and so shop at very few online stores myself but when there is a shop like amazon there is almost no need to shop anywhere else. When I started earning vouchers from survey sites I began to shop on amazon and now that I see you can get almost anything at great prices I now shop on there for most things and it has been this way for years. I like how amazon is laid out and it makes it really easy to find what you need. The recommendations are always great on the homepage but although they can be useful they can also make me spend more money, good for amazon but not so much for me. I find the prices on amazon are always much better than if I were to buy in my local stores and there is so much more choice than on the high street. I have bought quite a few presents off amazon so they have looked really expensive because of the RRP but only been 5 - 10 which is one thing I love about amazon, there are so many bargains. I think the daily deals are always worth a look at on Mondays to Wednesdays and the Black Friday Deals around Christmas are always fantastic so there is usually some items to buy at bargain prices conveniently around Christmas. I like the convenience of the Wish List as it means I can keep track of all the things I wish for and keep an eye on the price. I think the payment process is so quick and easy yet still secure which is always good. It never takes me long to get through and order my items but it does annoy me now that you have to spend 10 on amazon itself and not marketplace before you will get free postage. I won''t pay postage from amazon so I always find myself looking for a cheap book or something to make it up to 10. As I live in the Channel Islands I get VAT taken off which is brilliant as I save even more money with amazon. After ordering I like how amazon is quick at postage and I usually receive my items within a week, most times it''s the day before the estimate. They are always packaged well and arrive safely to my door. Whenever I have needed to contact amazon or a marketplace through amazon they have always had exceptional customer service and will answer any emails really quickly. I can''t recommend amazon enough, I really think it is the best place to shop online.

05.07.2014 12:30

Advantages

• "Good story "

Disadvantages

• Nothing

This book is worth a read whether interested in fashion or not.

Sequins, Stars and Spotlights is the third book in the Threads trilogy. Having enjoyed the two previous books I was looking forward to starting this one and it wasn''t a disappointment. Four friends Nonie, Jenny, Edie and Crow are all moving forward in their career despite still being in school. They each have a passion and dream and they are getting life changing opportunities sooner than they expected. Crow has an opportunity to design an important wedding dress for a well known model, Jenny is getting a chance to perform on stage on Broadway, Edie is trying to get into Harvard whilst helping her friends mum and Nonie is left wondering where she fits into the fashion career. I thought it was good how the girls were taking such responsibility despite their young ages and it was interesting to read there perspectives on working life. With all the family and friendship issues it can be harder than it seems to fit in a job and school. I liked that the girls had such a good friendship and that we got to see how they would cope when they were all in different parts of the world. Although I thought London was a great place to set the book I particularly enjoyed reading the chapters in New York as well. Fashion is a big part of the book and Crows ability as a fashion design is really interesting to read. I like how she only uses the right fabric and tries her best to help charities and her homeland rather than just getting money out of it for herself. This series of books has been fantastic and the characters are always doing the right things. A brilliant read even if you have no interest in fashion.

20.02.2014 11:34

Advantages

Disadvantages

a great show centred around a small town

I had seen the Hart of Dixie pop up in my recommendations countless times on amazon but was never convinced I would like the show. My mum bought it for my birthday unaware of what I thought of it and although I was still unconvinced I watched a few weeks after getting it as I had nothing to watch on television. Much to my surprise I really loved the programme and ended up watching the whole twenty two episode series in one week.

The series begins with a young doctor, Zoe Hart, graduating from medical school and continuing her dream to become a cardio-thoracic surgeon. At her graduation she is offered a job at a small medical practice in Alabama but declines hoping to get the job of her dreams. She ends up working in a New York hospital but is made to leave for two years to work at a GP and improve her bedside manner, which is currently nearly non existent.

Still receiving post cards from Dr Harley Wilkes who offered her a job at her graduation, she takes up the offer and starts her new life in Bluebell, Alabama. Much to her surprise the small town is a whole different world from the busy New York lifestyle and not one she wishes to adapt to.

I really enjoy the characters in the show and think it is great how they are all so different and unique for this little town in Alabama. I think Lemon is a particularly good and believable character and I like how the further into the series we get, the more understanding we have of her and her reasons for doing things. Zoe is the centre of the show and I think Zoe has some great comedic lines and although she is not always serious about her job in the beginning we get to see her understanding Bluebell and becoming more of a caring doctor and not letting people stand in her way.

Although Zoe and her career as a doctor are an important part of the show, I was glad that we don't get to see too much blood and insides like some doctors programmes do. I hate this type of stuff so I was pleased to see that most of the time the camera will be at an angle where we can't see too much of what is happening.

I really like how this programme is about a happy little town and not full of misery and scandal like some shows. It is refreshing to see how the town gets along together and embraces its uniqueness with small and unusual events like Planksgiving (a pirate themed thanksgiving).

This is a fantastic show and great to watch with happy storylines and interesting characters, you don't want to miss this fun light hearted show.

06.02.2014 11:35

Advantages

Disadvantages

Another great clique book

Revenge of the Wannabes is the third book in The Clique series by Lisi Harrison.

In this book Alicia has grown in confidence after she was lead in her dance class. She decides it would be a good idea to host her own sleepover but doesn't invite the other members of the Pretty Committee and Massie is furious. To prove her anger she forces Alicia to leave the exclusive clique and invites Claire to take her place. To make matters worse Alicia starts up her own clique and the rivalry between the two cliques begins.

I enjoyed reading this book as we got to see how Alicia would cope when not following in the Pretty Committees footsteps. As expected she found it a challenge to be the Massie of her group but it was fun to read of her trying.

I was glad Claire finally had a chance to join the exclusive club but its a shame Massie was just using her to annoy Alicia.

It was interesting to see Dylan and Kristen contemplating to join Alicia's clique as being friends with both Alicia and Massie leaves them with the choice to stay in the Pretty Committee or move to Alicia's clique. An impossible decision when they are all good friends.

With the Pretty Committee being split up it led to a lot of drama in the book. Drama is great to read though and the book is certainly worth a read too.

30.01.2014 12:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

my favourite watch

When I first saw this watch I was browsing through the Disney Store's website and I loved it from the first sight. Tinker Bell is one of my favourite Disney characters and although I didn't buy it straight away I went back a week or two later and was sad to see it was out of stock. After that I searched everywhere hoping to find one but didn't have much hope as usually anything sold by the Disney Store is exclusive to them but I eventually found one on QVC which I bought right away, not taking any chances this time!

The face of the watch has a beautiful sketch of Tinker Bell on a mother of pearl dial. The sketch is the typical position you see of Tinker Bell but with only a close up of her face rather than her whole body which allows it to be a lot more detailed. I like how by having a sketch it looks more of an adults watch as a lot of watches with coloured characters on them look as if they are meant for children but this one is clearly aimed at an older age group. The mother of pearl dial is very pretty and a little shimmery which adds a little more detail to the face but not so much that it is too much for a small area.

The watches face is three and a half centimetres and has a pretty border of clear diamantes. These are a stunning finishing touch to the watch and add a touch of sparkle making the watch even more pretty and girly. The diamantes are beautiful as they catch the light and seem to be popular with watches at the moment.

When reading the watch there are four diamantes, one for three, six, nine and twelve, as is with a lot of watches these days. There are faint dashes for each minute and slightly bolder ones for five minutes but they are not that bold so you just get used to reading the time off of the four diamantes. The hands are a straight line of silver and stand out against the black and white background but don't take away from the effect of the sketch. When I first wore this watch I was surprised at how loud the ticking was from the second hand but you do get used to ignoring it.

I was also surprised at the size of the bit that changes the time as it is quite big for one of those (sorry I don't know what that bit is called), and is a little big in comparison with the delicateness of the rest of the watch.

The straps of the watch are made to be leather looking and are white. I thought that they seemed quite thin straps at first and didn't think the strap would last long without the leather cracking but I am glad to say it still looks as good as new, even after months of wearing it. The holes on the strap are for once the right size for my wrist, as I have a small wrist and the straps on watches are usually too big. This one is just right.

As the watch is all white and silver colours it goes perfectly with any clothes and never looks out of place.

The watch comes presented in a beautiful box which is almost as nice as the watch itself. The box has a black base and a bright pink lid which has a cushioned part on the lid with Mickey Mouse heads embossed in a organised pattern. Inside is a lovely pink cushion for the watch which it fits nicely around. I don't put the watch in the box each day as I never get around to doing it so instead I now use the box to store some jewellery in as it really is too nice a box to stick in the attic with the rest of our unused boxes.

Overall I am so pleased to have found this watch and at £40 I think it was a bargain for the beauty and good quality of the watch. The watch is part of Ingersoll's Disney Wrist Art Collection so there are many other different Disney characters available with similar style watches but I will always stick with Tinker Bell.

23.01.2014 12:17

Advantages

Disadvantages

A good way to keep washing looking great

I trust Colour Catcher with all of my washes to protect the clothes from colour runs.

Colour Catchers come in a box which includes 24 sheets. Each sheet is a white paper like material which is simply just put in with the clothes you will be washing and the sheet does the rest for you. The sheet will catch any colours that run and prevent it from ruining clothes. When I take the washing out I am often surprised at how much colour has run as you can see what the colour catcher has caught.

The package states that it will prevent colour runs and allow mixed washes but I don't usually put mixed washes in just in case. I once put a new dark pair of jeans in with a white t-shirt by accident and it is now light blue therefore I now don't take a chance with mixed colour washes as I don't want more expensive clothes being potentially recoloured. It is more likely to be that the jeans hadn't been washed before though and not the colour catcher as I have never had any other problems with them otherwise.

The Colour Catcher can be put in with any wash but they can only be used once. This means it doesn't take long to go through a box of them. With myself and others in the house using one with each wash a couple of times a week they are usually gone within a few weeks.

Overall, these are a must have for my washing and I trust they will keep my clothes protected from running colours.