jrh2

• Comments

Member since: 19.01.2013

• National Express / Transport National / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      01.09.2014 11:12

Advantages

• "Gets you to your destination"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "No updates on progress"
      • "No food or drinks allowed"

An acceptable way to travel

When we planned our short break to the UK we knew we would be starting in London and leaving from Manchester and had expected, to get to Manchester from London we would be taking a train for a couple of hours, but as the time approached and we realised we had still booked everything other than transport to Manchester we realised that due to travelling on the Bank Holiday weekend there were line closures on our planned route. This meant instead of the two and a half hours we had planned for it would instead take around four hours to get to Manchester on a train. I tried many different departures points to see if we could get there quicker or cheaper but no luck. Whilst looking into this though I did discover that the National Express had a coach running to Manchester. The coach took four and a half hours, leaving just after 7:30 am and arriving around 12pm. I didn't want to spend this long on transport but it would've taken this long on the train anyway and being just over £10 it was £20 cheaper than the train anyway. In the end we decided being stuck in a coach for four hours is not really a lot different from being stuck in a train that long so for the cheapness of the coach it was worth it. When we left from Victoria Coach Station I was not looking forward to the four hours ahead but it was not as bad as I thought. I was with two others and so we were glad to be the first on the coach and manage to get the back seat where we could all sit together. I hadn't been on a coach before with National Express and others around us were saying how it wasn't the best coach but I thought it was reasonably comfortable. There was one toilet on the coach if you needed it but thankfully we had a twenty minute break in the middle of the journey to walk around, have a snack and get some fresh air. We were told after twenty minutes exactly the coach would leave whether everyone was on it or not. Something that I think was wrong with this journey was not being able to eat or drink on the coach, I think in a journey this long it should be allowed but we were told that if you were caught they were allowed to make you get off wherever they happened to be. The other passengers in the coach were considerate of others around them and generally kept any music to themselves. I would have liked updates on progress of journey as I have no idea how near or far we are whilst driving along what looks like the same motorway. Overall I think the journey wasn't that bad and although it could have been improved, for £10 to have a journey across England it was a pretty good service.

31.08.2014 17:11

Advantages

• "Horses were cleverly done"

Disadvantages

• "Not my kind of show"

I very nearly fell asleep!!

Earlier this week we spent a few days in Manchester before the end of the school holidays to go shopping and see the Coronation Street Tour and whilst we were there we wanted to see a show, the only one on at the Bank holiday weekend was War Horse. One of our family had recommended it and we (my mum, anty and I) were not sure but we watched the advert and my anty really liked the look of it so we decided to go and watch it. My mum and I had been dreading the evening as we didn't like the look from the advert but we went for my anty as she has always done so for us when we've wanted to see something.

The show was showing at The Lowry in Salford and we had booked a VIP package meaning we got a meal and programme as part of the price. We had a lovely meal before the show and the staff were very helpful and left our dessert and drinks at our table for the interval and very kindly looked after our shopping for us during the first half of the show.

War Horse is about a young man Albert and his horse Joey who after many obstacles ended up becoming a War Horse. After an unexpected occurrence Albert follows in the footsteps of Joey to find his much loved horse.

How the horses were done and the little touches like the birds were very clever but I did not expect to see the three people controlling the horses like we did. The actors were very good at what they did but personally the story was not to my liking. I have never liked watching war or animal stories so I didn't have high expectations.

I was pleasantly surprised by the music and some singing which I did not expect as it was labelled as a drama rather than a musical.

In all honesty, I did not enjoy the show at all and couldn't wait for it to end. We were sat on the front row right in the middle and myself and my mum were so bored we nearly fell asleep during the show. I don't think it was a bad show, just not to our preferences. My anty thought it was brilliant and thoroughly enjoyed the show. I felt like some parts of the show were dragged on too long, I'm sure it felt like five or ten minutes deciding by flipping a coin who was getting the horse and I just wanted to go home so didn't think that needed to be that long.

Overall I think this was the worst show I have seen but only as I prefer girlier shows. If you like war stories I am sure you would love it but if not maybe not the show for you.

29.08.2014 10:54

Advantages

• "Must see musical"
      • "Alexandra was perfect for the role"
      • "Fantastic songs "
      • "Great feel good show"

Disadvantages

• "Wish it stayed in West End or with Alexandra longer"

Sad to see it end

I went to see The Bodyguard on its final Saturday evening in the West End and I absolutely loved it. As instructed to do so by mum (you will know why if you have read previous reviews!), I watched the film and although I expected it to be brilliant I wasn't keen on the film at all and hence made me lower my expectations for the show which before seeing the film were very high. I am pleased to say the show totally exceeded my expectations and I really wish I had seen it sooner so I could have gone again.

The story is about a superstar Rachel Marron who is being stalked and much to her annoyance has a bodyguard brought in to protect her, Frank Farmer.

I was really excited to see Alexandra Burke playing Rachel as she has such a fantastic voice and I have always liked her since wanting her to win on the X Factor. As I expected her singing was absolutely flawless and I think the Whitney songs are perfect for her. My favourite songs from the show were One Moment in Time which has always been my favourite Whitney Houston song and the performance of I Will Always Love You was amazing. All of the songs were fantastic though with a good selection of up beat songs and some slower ones.

The way they adapted the film to stage was brilliant and the acting was fantastic by all the cast. I think Alexandra played Rachel brilliantly and made her a bit more of a diva but I liked that. The only issue I had was that I just couldn't imagine Alexandra playing a character as I have always seen her as herself on television and with all the Whitney songs that suited her so well I just couldn't see her as Rachel.

The beginning of the show was a bit of a shock with the sudden gun shot and lighting out without a warning but it was different to any other show I have seen and fit into the show well.

The dancing and costumes were brilliant and with the up beat songs it felt more like a party than watching a show which was fantastic. I loved the end song I Wanna Dance With Somebody and how everyone was standing, clapping and singing along with the cast and I think it left everyone leaving with a great feeling. I didn't want it to end!

I think this show is outstanding and I cannot believe that tonight is its last evening on the West End. I would have loved to have seen it again but no one could do it any better than Alexandra Burke. I am so glad I got to see it with her in it and I just wish I could rewind time back to Saturday so I could experience it all over again.

• Ibis (London Euston) / Hotel National / 10 Readings / 8 Ratings
      27.08.2014 20:20

Advantages

• "Free wifi "

Disadvantages

• "Poor decor "
      • "Not clean"

Less than average

Whilst passing through London earlier this week we stayed for a night at the Ibis Euston hotel. I previously stayed at an Ibis hotel in Southampton and was not too impressed at the average hotel and I had already booked this one before going to stay in Southampton. I had hoped that it would improve being in London but it just got worse.

The hotel is conveniently close to the train station but it did take us a while to find it as we didn't know where we were going. When we entered the hotel it was a lovely modern open space with the reception, bar and a seating area, having been to the Southampton one though we knew not to expect the modern and up to dateness to last throughout the hotel. As the door of the lifts opened we followed the same dreadful poppy carpet to our room.

We had booked two rooms an we were inconveniently placed on different floors. I had the room for disabled people which I was not happy with meaning I had red strings to pull for assistance all over the room. The room looked bland being mostly white and was really small with not much room in other than for the bed. The bathroom was massive compared to the room.

Other than the bed, the room had a good sized television, desk and mirror as well as a kettle with tea and coffee. I would like to say the room was clean but I can't be certain as I found nail clippings on the floor at the end of the bed, (considering I found a penny on the floor of the Southampton Ibis it makes me doubt how often they actually Hoover a room!)

The hotel did have free wifi which was an advantage but I don think I would stay at an Ibis again (sadly I think I have booked the Ibis for our next stay in London but after that we will not stay there any longer.) The hotel (or chains of them as it seems) are not the best at all and are less than average, I would much rather stay at a clean and comfy Travelodge or Premier Inn any day.

25.07.2014 20:20

Advantages

• "Free wifi"

Disadvantages

• "Not too great"

A just ok hotel

About a month ago I went to Southampton to see Dirty Dancing the musical with my mum and anty and this meant we needed to find a hotel for the night. We booked quite late for us, only a month before arriving and although our first choice was the Novotel we couldn't as it was fully booked, therefore we chose the Ibis as it was basically in the same convenient location and it was only for a night anyway.

I had not stayed in this chain of hotels before and wasn't sure what to expect so upon arrival I was very surprised to see it had only two stars considering it looked so nice inside. When we entered the Ibis it looked like a really lovely hotel and the downstairs bar and reception area made it look up to date and very modern. We arrived before check in time so the staff very kindly took our bags to the luggage room and off we went to go shopping.

After spending most of the day in town we returned to the hotel around half past three to check in and this was very quick and easy. We had booked two rooms and although we said we were not bothered they did give us two rooms with a connecting door which was convenient for us.

After checking in we collected our bags and got the lift to head up to our rooms. As the doors of the lifts opened upstairs I couldn't believe how different and cheap looking the upstairs of the hotel was. To get to our room we followed a faded red and green carpet with poppies down the centre and it looked awful and reminded me of the Wizard of Oz!!

When I walked in my room I was surprised at how small it was and there wasn't much floor space other than enough room to walk around the bed. It was a clean room although there was a penny I picked up from under the bed which they must've missed as it wasn't mine, (it is now!!) The bed was a double bed and just for myself and I thought it was quite comfy to sleep in although my mum did say she didn't find the bed in her room very comfortable at all. At the end of the bed there was a flat screen television on the wall, personally I'm not keen on televisions at the ends of beds but it was a good working television anyway and it was good enough for the short time I was there. There was a large mirror outside the bathroom which was useful but nowhere near a table if you were to put on make up. Near the window there was a kettle and two cups with tea, coffee etc. but I don't tend to drink hot drinks when I am away so my mum pinched them for her room. They were placed on a large table in front of the window with a chair and a place for luggage which was nice to put clothes on but I didn't really use the table or chair. There wasn't a bin under the table like most hotels I have stayed in though and only one in the bathroom which was a little annoying so I just threw rubbish on the floor until I got up to go to the bathroom (I know, that is lazy, especially as it's only on the other side of the bed!)

The bathroom was pretty basic but it was clean and good enough for its purposes. There was a bath / shower, toilet and sink and it was quite spacey inside. I had no problems with the shower however next door my anty was getting frustrated with the shower curtain which apparently kept getting in the way and as a result she had a massive puddle on the floor from pushing it away so many times. The bathroom had two towels, one smaller towel and a massive towel. This was fine for me but my mum came and took one of my towels as there wasn't really enough in her room for two people (especially when one is over the soaking wet floor!)

One thing that did frustrate me about the room was the location of the plugs, my mobile was seriously low on battery and however much I wanted to have my phone on the bedside table it wasn't happening as the plug felt like miles away. I ended up putting it on the windowsill to charge and whenever I wanted to know the time at night I had to get up to go and see. That is not convenient. The one thing I really liked about the hotel is that there was free Wifi and not just for half an hour like some places, for a day. Whenever I go away I am always desperate to access the internet but I can never find free wifi so I was far too excited to find out that I could use the internet there. I spent the rest of the afternoon watching YouTube without having to worry about a penny, perfect.

The following morning we checked out early to do some more shopping and I was pleasantly surprised not to be able to smell burnt toast in the lift (I hate that smell in the mornings!) We checked out and asked for our luggage to be stored whilst we went to the shops and was told that it would cost us £2 per piece of luggage as we were not technically staying in the hotel anymore. This really frustrated us and we couldn't believe they would actually charge for that reason when they don't if you ask before you check in. I have been to many hotels and not one of them has had the audacity to charge to keep bags after checking out.

Overall I think this hotel is mediocre, there are good points and bad points about it but I don't know that I would choose to stay here again if there was a choice. The one thing I did think upon arrival though is, if this hotel is only two stars I dread to think what the budget ibis is like?!

• Skechers Ribboneer / Shoes / 12 Readings / 12 Ratings
      24.07.2014 21:45

Advantages

• "Look pretty"
      • "Comfy "

Good everyday shoes

As Summer approached and I was still wearing knee high boots I decided it was about time I found some Summer shoes. I often feel it is hard to find good Summer shoes as I like to buy shoes with good soles on them and not cheaper ballerina style shoes as they never seem to last with me. I find that recently it is hard to find stylish shoes with good quality soles as there are so many cheaper ballerina style shoes around. I was really pleased when I saw these cream bikers ribboneer shoes as they ticked all the boxes, they were pretty, had a good sole and will go with most clothes and hopefully should last the Summer.

I cannot remember the exact price but I believe I paid 40 or 50 pounds but I didn't mind paying that much as I knew they would get used a lot and being Skechers are a good high quality shoe. I had bought Skechers shoes before and although I wasn't actively seeking for more shoes from that brand I ended up buying these anyway.

I had seen the black version of these shoes whilst shopping on the high street but although they were not bad I didn't think they looked as good and reminded me very much of school shoes which is something I didn't want. When I was browsing through amazon after a failed attempt to find shoes on the high street I was really pleased to find a cream pair and I liked the more summery feel to these shoes.

The cream colour of the shoes means they go with most colours of clothing which is just what I needed as I don't have a huge collection of shoes. The thing that attracted me the most to these shoes was the ribbon detail as not only did it add a nice touch to the shoes but I really liked the shiny looking ribbon as it gave it a girly finish.

When trying these shoes on I did find they were a little big and did require me to put insoles inside but that's nothing new as I almost always need them anyway as I have thin feet. With insoles in though they are perfectly fine and after wearing them in a bit are really comfy to wear. The strap took a bit of getting used to but I like the strap nevertheless as it adds detail to the shoe.

The shoes have a good rubber sole like I wanted so I am hoping will be long lasting shoes, only time will tell. They still look great now though after a few weeks of wearing them.

I really like these shoes and I am glad I purchased them, I just hope they don't get too dirty in the future because of the light colour.

23.07.2014 18:52

Advantages

• "Good dancing"
      • "Great songs"
      • "Brilliantly staged"

Disadvantages

• "Do watch the film first!"

I had the time of my life

I had wanted to see Dirty Dancing the Musical for quite a while before we got around to booking the tickets. When myself and my mum saw it was going on tour we knew we had to see it before it ended but we had already booked to see quite a few more shows this year, (living in the Channel Islands makes it expensive to see shows as they never come to us, we always have to go to them!) We ended up booking it for my anty's birthday present, at least that's what everyone else thought, we knew we just needed an excuse to go! We went to see the show in Southampton at the end of June which was the start of the UK tour.

As mentioned in my review of the film, I went to the show not having seen the film and what a bad decision that was. I was confused throughout the show and had very little knowledge of the story lines other than the obvious. Now having seen the film I understand what was going on on the stage but at the time I was pretty clueless. Nevertheless, I did really enjoy the show.

The musical is basically mostly the same as the film, a lot of the time it seems to be word for word. Seventeen year old Baby goes on holiday with her family and ends up learning to dance with Johnny who she later falls in love with. All of the well known scenes from the film that everyone loves were done brilliantly, even the scene in the water looked realistic despite no water being involved.

I loved the music and dancing throughout the show and really enjoyed how they showed the dancing on stage. The songs were all really catchy tunes and I had them in my head all the way back to the hotel, (they were actually stuck in my head for a week after which is frustrating when you are trying to concentrate!!) I was surprised that being a musical they didn't actually have the leads singing all the songs themselves.

My favourite part of the show was from Kellerman's Anthem onwards. I absolutely loved the Time of My Life song and dance at the end and the atmosphere in the theatre was incredible and the end scenes were clearly what everyone had waited for. After loud cheers of Johnny entering through the audience everyone was so excited for this scene and I knew this last song was one of the reasons I wanted to see the show and it didn't disappoint. The audience were clapping, singing and cheering throughout and to add to the amazing feel good feeling the spot lights were shining around over the audience making it feel like you were there with the audience in the Dirty Dancing talent show. Without fail the famous lift was executed brilliantly and of course followed by a massive applause. The end was so good I would have paid to see just that alone!

I think the atmosphere during Dirty Dancing was the best I have been in (and I have seen a lot of shows!) I would highly recommend watching the show if you enjoyed the film and you won't be disappointed. Having now seen the film I really want to go back so I can fully appreciate the show. I should have just listened to mum and watched the film first!!

• Hasbro Connect 4 Dunk / Board Game / 12 Readings / 11 Ratings
      22.07.2014 21:21

Advantages

• "easy to play "
      • "great quality"
      • "brilliant fun"

Disadvantages

• none

a game everyone should try, young or old!

I bought this game at the end of last year and find it fantastic fun. I was Christmas shopping with my mum whilst I spotted this game in the toy shop and although I was meant to be spending money on Christmas presents, I just had to buy this for myself.

As soon as we got home myself and my mum opened it straight away. We thought we would play on the kitchen table, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but not recommended for reasons you'll soon discover. We took the pieces out the box and slotted them together after sticking the stickers on purely for decorative purposes. It was simple to put together but it took five or ten minutes to put the stopper thing at the bottom to stop the counters from falling out, (it really isn't that difficult but being the type of people not to read instructions, it took us a while!)

We were then ready to play, the game was set up, counters were beside us and launchers at the ready. I took the first shot at getting it in the base and the counter flew straight over the top and under the fridge. Mum took a shot and it went under the oven (as I mentioned, the kitchen no longer seems like a good place to play it!)We retrieved the counters from the floor, got some bags and covered up the gaps under kitchen appliances and continued flinging counters around in all directions. We got none into the base but it was hilariously funny trying. It must have been half to three quarters of an hour before we finally got one counter in and we were so pleased (well mum was anyway, i was still trying!).

After about an hour we were just getting the hang of it and finally getting them in the base and not over the floor, the only problem was getting four in a row as we still didn't have fantastic control over these counters. After winning the game we then read that you only need four in the base and not necessarily in a row but that rule is not so fun anyway. We opted for our four in a row rule.

This game is really great fun for all ages and after myself and my mum played it we got my gran and nan to have a go but they managed to achieve making the counters fly backwards and into themselves (no idea how that happened?) I also took it to work with me as i was loving the game so much and played it with both the adults and children and they loved it. Can be a bit tiring getting up and down to get the counters though when they went in awkward to reach places.

This is a brilliant quality game and brilliant fun, especially great to watch beginners! Who knew that flinging around counters would provide such entertainment that never gets old?

• Dirty Dancing (DVD) / DVD / 14 Readings / 12 Ratings
        21.07.2014 18:38

Advantages

• "Brilliant film"

Highly recommended

Until a few weeks ago I had never seen Dirty Dancing. My mum was always telling me I should watch it but I hadn''''t as it was made in 87 making it older than me and I prefer modern films. The other week I went to see the stage musical in Southampton still not having seen the film and was honestly very confused to which my mum said, I told you so, you should have watched the film. Mum was right again, the day after we returned I watched the film and loved it, (I have now learnt my lesson and as instructed by mum will be watching The Bodyguard on DVD before going to see that on stage in August!!)

I am sure most people will know the plot already and I am the one who is late waiting until I am 20 to watch the film, but regardless, the film is about a seventeen year old known as Baby who goes on holiday with her family and ends up learning to dance with Johnny who she ends up falling in love with.

I really liked the story lines in the film and like how they are very believable and the characters are relatable. The characters are portrayed really well and I think it is good to see how the summer holiday has changed Baby and Johnny for the better.

I think the film has great music and I really like Hungry Eyes and Yes. I am not a big fan of dance films but I thought this one was done very well and although it is very much based on dance it is not overly full of dance. I think that is why I like it so much, it has a good balance of dance and drama.

My favourite part of the film is anything past the Kellerman''''s Anthem as I quite like that song and obviously (I''''ve had) the Time of My Life is the best song in the film for all reasons, it is great to see Baby and Johnny happy together, a fantastic tune and brilliant dancing. I think it is a great end to the film, (I believe I have watched the last ten minutes of the film more than I have watched the film itself!)

I really love this film and have watched it quite a few times in the last few weeks. I think it has become a favourite of mine and is definitely worth a watch if like me you were unsure.

• Frozen (DVD) (2014) / DVD / 9 Readings / 8 Ratings
        13.07.2014 15:27

Advantages

• "Fantastic film"

Disadvantages

The best film I have seen for years

I have always loved Disney films but after not being impressed by the last few I''d seen I wasn''t desperate to see this film (although I still wanted to see it.) My mum had seen the trailer online and really wanted to see it so she went to the cinema to watch it with some of my family but I declined as I am not a big fan of the cinema and would rather wait for the DVD, so I did. When I finally got the DVD the week of its release I left it sat in front of my television for a week before even considering watching it and then one Sunday afternoon I decided to watch it as I had nothing else to do. Since then I have been obsessed with the film and for the first few weeks or so I watched at least a few minutes of the film everyday, I must''ve seen it hundreds of times now and I never watch animated films more than once! This film has become so popular I am sure you already know the basic idea of what happens but there are two sisters, Elsa and Anna who used to be the best of friends until Elsa''s magical power of turning things into ice got out of control. After striking Anna in the heart as a child the parents kept the sisters apart to protect Elsa, her powers and her family but after a terrible accident Elsa is left to control her powers alone. During Elsa''s coronation she runs off to protect the people she cares about but being a caring sister Anna insists she will go after her and bring her back to Arendelle to sort out the snow issue. I think this is such an amazing film and I really like how it shows sisterly love rather than the classic handsome prince like most Disney films. The characters are superb and very much relatable for children yet still with a fantasy twist which I think children love. Olaf the snowman is the cutest and funniest character and I really want it to snow next year so I can make my own Olaf in the garden! I really like the musical feel of this film and at first I was very surprised to see Anna actually singing ''Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?'' herself as I expected it to be more of a backing track. I have always thought that this film seems as if it could be taken directly from the screen and placed on a West End stage as it is already so perfect as it is. I love all of the songs and am always finding myself humming or singing along, and of course, I know all the words. I think this film has a great message in for children and I like the twist at the end. It is an amazing film whether you are a child or adult and if you haven''t seen it you are missing out. Like me, the children where I work are obsessed with this film and they are always singing one of the songs, taking about the characters or pretending to be Elsa or Anna (Elsa seems to be the favourite though!) Personally, I loved the film so much I have bought as much Frozen merchandise I can get away with being an adult (it is a shame there is not more Frozen merchandise for adults out there!). I cannot recommend this film enough, it is a fantastic family film that everyone will enjoy.

• Dino Bite / Board Game / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
        10.07.2014 21:29

Advantages

• "Looks great"
        • "Good sounds "
        • "Fun game "

Disadvantages

• "Frustrating leaf"

Dino fun

I have always liked entering competitions and having done them online for a few years I had not won anything. That is until about a month ago when I was thrilled to win my first prize, this Dino Bite game. When I opened the box myself and my cousin, who is three, loved the dinosaur as he looked great. The nest and the dinosaur had to be put together which was really easy but what does annoy me is that when the game is put together it does not fit in the box so I must either take the dinosaur off which I feel will break it in the end or not put it back in the box, not a preference either. The game also comes with red, yellow, green and blue baby dino''s, a dice and some dinosaur tweezers. Unfortunately there is only one dinosaur tweezer so everyone must share. The aim of the game is to save all the baby dino''s from the dinosaur''s nest but if you are not careful the Dino will catch you in the act and jump forward. After setting up the game by putting the babies in the nest and turning the sound on by the base we were ready to go. We each rolled the dice and took turns taking out a dinosaur baby and bringing it to safety. I thought that my cousin would find it a little fiddly as the tweezers don''t open very far at all and the massive great leaf is right in the way but he was surprisingly good at it, maybe better than me! He liked the jungle sounds we heard whilst playing but I thought it was quite loud for a game. After what felt like an eternity of us being in suspense to see what the dinosaur would do (well I was, I didn''t tell him as I wanted it to be a surprise!), the dinosaur finally jumped forward with a roar (or whatever dinosaurs do!!) which made us both jump. After that my cousin was not sure about playing the game as he didn''t like the dinosaur jumping or roar so we played it again with the sound off and no jumping and he enjoyed it just as much. The game is for children over four but I am not sure that I agree with that age as it would be quite easy for an older child and they could get fed up easily. It is for two to four players but I think you could play it with any amount of players, even on your own if you wanted. I think it is a good dinosaur game for children but doesn''t keep them entertained for too long.

09.07.2014 20:40

Advantages

• "A good book"

Disadvantages

• Nothing

An OK GG book

Nobody does it better is the seventh book in the Gossip Girl series and is not one of my favourites. I felt like the book just dragged on with the current story-lines from the previous book and the stories weren''t really going anywhere. After receiving there acceptance letters to college the upper east siders are preparing themselves for college and deciding which of the many schools they got into they should attend. That is with exception to Blair, who is still waiting to see if she can get into Yale and like Blair does best she has found a way to hopefully get herself in without all the hard work. Serena and Jenny find themselves hanging around with Dans band the Raves and are having a great time until the Humphreys father finds out about there plans. Vanessa is looking for a new roommate after her sister has left and she finds it hard to find the perfect person. I found my favourite part of this book was with Vanessa finding a new roommate as although she has never been a character I have been interested in I was surprised at who she chose and her decisions whilst looking for a roommate. Another story I enjoyed was seeing Blair cope in a busy house and leaving to go and stay at the Plaza, it''s a shame we all can''t afford to do that when times at home get tricky. It was good to see Jenny have a main storyline as it has been focused a lot on the seniors but it shows she can get up to just as much mischief as anyone else and still strives to be just like Serena. This book didn''t seem to have much of Chuck in which is a shame as he hasn''t been in the stories much lately and is still a main character I would like to follow, even if he isn''t in the Upper East Side at the time. Overall I think this is book was ok but it only started to get interesting at the end. Maybe the next book will be better.

• Disney Store / Online Shop / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
          08.07.2014 08:36

Advantages

• "Great products"

Disadvantages

• "Postage cost"

Shame about the postage

I love the Disney Store and it is always my first and last stop whenever I go to the UK mainland but sadly here in Guernsey we do not have a store, this means that if I want a bit of disney magic I have to buy it online or wait until I next go away. I think the online disney store is a really nice website and it is full of images of your favourite disney characters. I like how it is easy to find your way around by either choosing a film or character to show results by or a type of product. I find that the prices on the disney store can be a bit pricey but they are no different to the shop and the products are always fantastic quality so I don''t mind paying a bit more for a genuine disney product. The one thing I do like about the online store which you don''t find in the shops is the adults section as I love disney and really wish there were more adults things in-store and online. Whenever I visit the high street shop I always have to buy something (as I don''t get to visit very often) and sadly it can be very hard to find something being an adult so I always end up with a mug or a towel. The payment process on the disney store is really quick and easy on my ipad or laptop but I once was trying to pay on my smartphone as I wasn''t at home and I lost out on buying that product as it sold out before I could get my phone and the website to cooperate. I do like how you can use PayPal on the disney store as it is really convenient. My biggest frustration about the disney store online is the postage at a massive 4.95 regardless of what you are buying. I would buy so much more from the disney store online if I didn''t have to pay such a ridiculous amount for postage. I am usually only buying one item of them as well as it is often at the moment Frozen items and they are constantly in and out of stock meaning you have to frequently pay postage as what you want isn''t always in stock at the same time. The parcel is supposed to be with you in 5 working days and every one of my parcels from the disney store has come on the 5th working day and although that is quick I would expect it in two to three days to justify the postage. For some reason the parcels always come in the most massive box with one lunch box I ordered coming in a box at least six times the size of it. (This review had a proper ending and much more detail but the silly 500 word limit wouldn''t allow!!)

• The dooyoo Redesign / Discussion / 9 Readings / 6 Ratings
          07.07.2014 19:01

Advantages

• "Very few"

Disadvantages

• "Most of the redesign"

Looks good but the most unpractical site

I used to enjoy reading and writing reviews on dooyoo but quite a while ago I stopped visiting the website as I found I didn''t have so much time. About a month ago when I thought I would return to add a few reviews I found it had all changed and within 5 to 10 minutes I left again as I could not work my way around or even log in for that matter. Only the other day I decided to return and give it one more go and I think the website is a nightmare. It took me three days to finally find a site map of the categories without having to go through each individual category in the top corner and I searched for a product but that was useless as I had to go through loads of pages just to find what I wanted. The layout is awful and most of the page is taken up by empty space on the left and right making it frustrating having to zoom in on my ipad all the time but I couldn''t see properly without zooming in. I don''t like how when reading a review it just expands and doesn''t give a full page and then there is only helpful or not helpful so unless it''s extremely bad it''s always going to be helpful. When I wrote a review it frustrates me that there are no spaces and it won''t put pound signs in so I end up going through just to take them out and although the limit of words is good at the moment it is not many if you want to add some detail. I am currently struggling to read and rate others reviews as I currently don''t know how to see who has rated without going into each individual review and when I do read and rate a review I never know if I have read or rated that review before as I can''t see anything to show it and I can''t remember everything. Please help if you know how for either of these. I will continue to try and work this new website out but not sure how long before I give up again.

• Boots Soltan Face SPF50 / Sun Care / 8 Readings / 7 Ratings
          07.07.2014 08:08

Advantages

• "Does a good job"

Disadvantages

• "A little sticky"

Perfect for summer

Each summer when the sun starts to come out I find myself rushing out to buy some sun cream. I have very pale skin so if I forget to wear suncream I usually end up with a burnt nose and the Rudolph look isn''t too attractive! For as long as I can remember I have always chosen the Boots own brand sun cream Soltan Face in SPF 30 and it seems to work fine. The small tube contains 50ml of sun cream which is not much if you are regularly out in the sun but I tend to stay inside most of the time so the few times I do go out it is plenty for me. It is recommended that you use one teaspoons worth for the face and neck, I am not sure that I use that much though so maybe that''s another reason why it lasts me a while. When opening the lid the smell always reminds me of summer and I think it is a really nice smell, I suppose it just smells of regular sun cream though! The cream is a good consistency and is easy to rub in. The one thing I don''t like about sun creams is the greasy look you are often left with but I don''t find this one too greasy at all. I had not noticed before reading the packaging that the cream not only protects you from the sun with factor 30 and a five star UVA but it is also moisturising. I had noticed how my skin was much better in the summer whilst using this as I don''t generally make any effort to moisturise in the winter months. The sun cream protects the skin from long term damage and premature ageing from the sun which sounds good and it seems to do a good job but not really sure you could prove that. As long as I don''t go red in the summer then I am happy with the product. The only issue I have with this product is that it does seem to be a little sticky after the suncream has been rubbed in. The suncream should be applied 15 minutes before going out into the sun and lasts for 1 to 2 hours which is not too long, long enough for me though (just about), and must be reapplied after you have been in water. Overall I think this is a pretty good suncream and a reasonable price, I don''t think you can go wrong with Boots Soltan.