kirstysian

• Comments

Member since: 08.07.2010

15.03.2014 16:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

Helps cure a sweet craving

The other day when I was on my lunch break at work I had the urge to eat something cakey so I headed over to the co-op to see what exciting things they had to offer. I came across these brownies that I had never seen before,M&M duo chocolate brownies baked by McVities.  I love M&Ms and I absolutely adore brownies so it seemed like the perfect choice to satisfy my cravings. *How Do They Look?*  When I opened the brownies and slid out the little plastic tray I have to say they look extremely appetising. The brownies are coated with thick chocolate on top that is sprinkled with a generous amount of M&Ms. Usually when you get things like this you get a small amount of topping but there were enough M&Ms on these to get some with every bite.  The brownies are small enough to hold and I would describe them as being bite size.  On the packaging it states that the brownies are now even gooier. On first impressions I would actually say they looked quite firm rather than gooey, but that is down to the taste test.... *How Do They Taste?*  It was not surprising to me that these brownies were not as gooey as I had hoped, when I make brownies at home I make them really gooey as I find that this is when they are most tasty.  The brownies are easy to bite into and I found that they were quite moist but chewy at the same time.   The chocolate on the top compliments the brownie really well. If they were not coated maybe I would find them quite dry after a few bites. What I also found goes really well when eating these is a good cup of tea.  The brownies are quite sweet but I have a sweet tooth so enjoy things like this, they might be one to avoid if you are not overly keen on sweet cakes.  As I said earlier you do get two brownies in a pack and although one is quite filling and satisfies my chocolate and cake cravings I can easily eat both. *Nutrition*  With 151 calories and 6.6g of fat per cake these definitely are not the healthy option but I think you have to treat yourself now and again. *Price*  I picked these up in my local co-op for 99p. *Conclusion*  I much prefer home made brownies to these and have had better shop bought brownies but these were quite tasty all the same. I would not go out of my way to buy these again but if I saw them reduced at the end of the day I think I would put them in my trolley. I would rate these 4 stars.

• Mean Girls (DVD) / DVD / 41 Readings / 41 Ratings
      12.03.2014 14:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

One of my favourite films!

Film Only Review - Contains spoilers!  Mean Girls is one of my absolute favourite films. It's one that I love to watch when I am having a lazy day or a night in by myself when all I want to do is lounge about eating chocolates and its a great chick flick to watch with the girls.   Mean Girls stars Lindsay Lohan as Cady. Cady has never been to a normal school before as all her life she has been home schooled in Africa as her parents are zoologists. When she moves to an American high school she becomes friends with Janis and Damian. However when 'The Plastics' start to take an interest in her Janis see's this as the perfect opportunity to sabotage 'The Plastics'.  'The Plastics' consist of Regina (Rachel McAdams), Karen (Amanda Seyfried) and Gretchen (Lacey Chabert). They are the popular girls in school. Lead by Regina everyone does what they say and every one wants to be their friend. Being invited into their 'click' Cady initially does what she sets out to do and that is to cause havoc with them but when she inadvertently starts actually becoming a 'plastic' she begins to lose her friends. When she's eventually exposed by Janis she loses Regina and somehow becomes the Queen bee.   I really like this film as I think it is funny but quite light hearted. Although some parts of girl world are exaggerated in the film I think its quite easy to relate to and understand how the characters are feeling.  Lindsay Lohan portrays Cady really well and is believable as the girl who just wants to fit in but is gorgeous all the same.  Karen and Gretchen are great supporting roles in 'The Plastics' and obey every thing that Regina says. They compliment each other so well and are so funny in parts.   My favourite character even though she is the bitch in the film is definitely Regina. Despite wanting to hate her she is fabulous and Rachel McAdams is perfect in this role. I love how versatile she is as an actress, if you watch her in other films such as Sherlock Holmes she is so different.   If you have never seen Mean Girls, where have you been?! It is definitely one of the films that I recommend watching as is one that I can watch over and over again and not get bored. I would give this 5 stars.

• Jason Lips Bee Healthier / Lip Care / 36 Readings / 36 Ratings
        08.03.2014 16:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great for fixing chapped lips

I love a good lip balm and seem to always have one to hand whether it be in my bedside table or in my handbag. My latest weapon of choice that I have been enjoying using is the Lips Bee Healthier lip balm from JASON. *A Bit about JASON* JASON is a company that specialise in making health care products that have no artificial colours or animal by-products in.  Even the packaging is biodegradable and made from recycled containers.  I like that fact that they use natural and organic ingredients in their products as well as focusing on creating products that you will enjoy using. *A Bit about  'Lips Bee Healthier'* This lip balm is 70% organic and is scented with aloe and bees wax. It is designed to moisturise and protect your lips. It comes in tube form which allows you to apply straight from the tube. I much prefer this sort of application over vaseline as it feels more hygienic. *Using the Lip Balm* I always like to smell lip balms before I use it and this one is most surprising. Considering it is meant to smell like aloe I cannot detect this at all. I am not complaining because what I can smell is mint. It is almost exactly the same scent as after eight mints, which I love! The balm applied very easily onto your lips and feel quite rich. It almost melts onto your lips instantly. It feels extremely moisturising. Unlike some cheaper lip balms that you can buy where you seem to have to apply a ton before your can actually feel a difference this one just needs a couple of swipes over your lips in order for them to feel hydrated. This lip balm tends to sit on your lips rather than fully sinking in which I personally like as i find that my lips feel moisturised for longer but I know some people do not like the feeling of product sitting on their skin. I have found that this is really effective at keeping dry lips at bay, as soon as I feel my lips are a little bit dry I whip this out and it soon sorts it out. *Price* You can buy this for around £4 *Conclusion* I really like this lip balm. It is slightly more expensive than other lip balms that I have purchased in the past but I do think it is very effective. I would buy it again at full price but perhaps I would like to see it slightly cheaper. I am giving this one 4 stars.

03.03.2014 23:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

Delicious chicken from Birdseye

There are certain things that I like to pick up when I am out shopping to stick in the freezer to knock up when I want a quick dinner and chicken pieces are one of them. I have tried various varieties of breaded and coated chicken and one brand that I always repurchase is Birds Eye.  Birds eye chicken pieces come in many different flavours such as chargrilled, garlic and even levi roots reggae sauce. The flavour I am going to be reviewing today is the southern fried which are made from 100% chicken breast.  You can buy these in packets of 2 or 4, both of which are on offer fairly regularly. I tend to buy a couple of boxes just to stock up as they are great for a quick, easy and tasty dinner.  On the packet the chicken looks very appetising,. The nutritional information is displayed clearly on the front. There are 240 calories per piece of chicken and 1.4g of saturated fat, which I do not think is too bad. The cooking instructions are on the back. They are easy to read and inform you that you can either grill these or oven cook them. I tend to oven cook them as that is my personal preference.  What I like about these is that they are just so easy to cook. You pop them into the oven for 25 minutes whilst you go and do your thing, you don't even have to turn them over!  After 25 minutes the kitchen smells lovely. The chicken looks delicious and golden brown.  Cutting into the chicken you notice that the coating is quite crunchy, I hate having chicken that has a soggy or greasy coating. Biting into the chicken it is really juicy and tender. The crunchy bread crumbs go with it perfectly. They add a nice spice to the chicken. I would not describe it as the KFC southern fried taste but it does add an extra kick. I am not a big fan of spicy foods but I can eat and enjoy these.    After I have eaten one of these with my dinner I can say that my hunger is satisfied however my boyfriend could easily eat 2. I like to have these with different foods such as chips, potatoes, pasta and even in bread rolls to make a burger.  As I said you can often find these on offer so prices can range from £1 - £3.25 depending on offers and whether you chose to buy a pack of 2 or 4.  I really enjoy these Birds Eye chicken pieces. For nights when you get home from work and just cannot be bothered to cook but want something tasty to eat these are a life saver. I would rate them 5 out of 5 stars.

01.03.2014 11:39

Advantages

Disadvantages

A nice product but does not tick all the boxes

I have shoulder length hair that is quite fine so it can get dry easily. I have various lotions and potions that I use to keep my hair looking and feeling healthy and one of the products that I have been enjoying using recently is the Milk Shake conditioning whipped cream. *Whipped cream for your hair?*  This no rinse conditioning treatment from Milk Shake is designed for all hair types and works to leave your hair soft, shiny and healthy. ' The milk proteins improve the hair structure and conditioning special emollients give long lasting hydration'. *Packaging*  The whipped cream comes in a canister much like how real whipped cream does or hair mousse. You simply need to give the canister a shake and push the trigger for the product to be released from the nozzle. As with hair mousse you do need to be careful with how much you dispense as it does expand a little before application. *Using the product* As soon as the product is released you are greeted with a gorgeous sweet smelling scent. It kind of reminds me of how ice cream flavour chewits used to smell. It is very reminiscent of a food smelling product, quite sugary and creamy.   You need to use this on wet hair so I tend to use it once or twice a week just to give my hair a bit of a boost and a treat.  To use the product I simply squirt it out from the canister and then put an even amount of product into each hand. I then ruffle it through my hair in no particular way just to make sure the my head is fully covered. To my surprise the mousse does not feel at all sticky on my hands despite being so sweet smelling. I then brush through my hair with a brush. The product brushes through my hair easily with no tangles or knotting.  Usually when I use a hair treatment I like to let my hair dry naturally but when I do use a hair dryer I have found that it dries easily leaving no residue.  Once my hair is dried it looks so much healthier. It feels incredibly soft especially at the ends which tend to be dry. My hair is quite straight anyway but when I have used this it looks a lot sleeker with more of a gloss. One area which I have not noticed any significant improvement from after using this product is split ends. It does not repair them at all so I use a different product for this.   You can smell the lovely scent on your hair for a couple of hours after using this, if I use it at night I can still smell it on my hair in the morning but only slightly. *Price*  A 200ml can of this is around £14.79 which is quite expensive considering there are other similar conditioning products on the market. I do not think I would pay the full price for this but if I found it at half of this it would be a definite investment. *Conclusion*  I do really like this product but think it is priced a bit high. For that reason I am rating the Milk Shake conditioning whipped cream 3 stars.

21.02.2014 11:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great foundation from L'oreal

I have been using the L'Oreal True Match foundation for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it. After reading some good reviews for this foundation I headed down to my local Boots store to try and find my perfect match.  As I wondered through the aisles in Boots I came across the L'Oreal stand which had over 20 shades of True Match foundation, where to start?! I swatched a couple of the foundations myself and found the shade which I thought would suit me best. To be sure I then asked the makeup assistant to swatch me as well, luckily enough she came to the same conclusion. My first impressions were good, if I am able to find my right match by myself for a foundation it is a big plus. PACKAGING The foundation comes in a pump glass bottle. I really like this design as it feels extremely safe when I am carrying it around in my bag and it also helps to control waste as you only pump out what you need. The pump itself is quite firm so you only need to push gently to release a small amount of foundation. I prefer to apply a little bit at a time as the last thing I want is my face to look cakey1 APPLICATION  When first applying this foundation to my face I thought it looked a bit too light in terms of coverage, however after using it for a little while this is now one of the reasons that I really enjoy using this foundation as I can build up the coverage to how I want depending on if I want a more natural or more flawless look.  The foundation blends well with my natural skin colour and the match is absolutely fantastic! No dodgy foundation lines in sight.  If I was to describe my skin type I would say it was normal-dry. This foundation does not dry my skin out at all. It has quite a matte appearance and doesn't leave my skin looking shiny or oily even when you build it up.  LONGEVITY  I can apply this foundation in the morning and still feel confident that my skin is looking good in the evening. I have tried some foundations in the past that seem to slide off your face during the course of the day but this one stays completely in tact. SHADES  As I said earlier you can get this foundation in over 20 shades so the chances that you will find a match are good. In some Boots stores they also now have makeup artists on the L'Oreal stands which can help you if you are overwhelmed by the choice. REMOVAL  Removing the foundation is no problem at all it washes off with my usual cleanser. PRICE  You can find this in stores and online for around £9.99. I think for that price it is an absolute steal considering how much you can spend on the higher end foundations. CONCLUSION  I love this foundation and will definitely be repurchasing. It is a great quality product at a great price, what more can you ask for? 5 out of 5 stars.

• Ebay (iPhone Application) / Apps / 37 Readings / 36 Ratings
              19.02.2014 16:42

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

E-baying has been made so much easier

I have an iPhone and one of the main reasons that I think its great is that it is so easy and convenient to do the day to day activities that I enjoy. One of the first apps that I downloaded when I got my iPhone was the eBay app. The Ebay app is available free to download from iTunes and it downloads in hardly any time. Once you have downloaded to app all you need to do is log in to your eBay account and you are ready to go! NAVIGATION I have found that the app is laid out in a way that is clear and easy to understand. On the homepage you can see everything that you need to do all your ebay-ing business. You can click through to search so that you can search for specific items. Then you have my eBay where you will see everything that you are watching, buying or selling. Next we have the selling button which is fairly obvious. The final button is for your basket, this shows everything that you need to pay for. BUYING USING THE APP Buying items on the app whether it be bidding to buy or to buy now is very easy. When you bid on an item it is very easy to keep track of how well you are doing on the auction as ebay will alert your phone when you have been outbid or when an item that you are watching or bidding on is coming to an end. Once you have purchased an item you can pay for the item using your paypal details, this is also a very quick process. SELLING USING THE APP I much prefer selling items using my iPhone than on the computer as there is no messing around with digital cameras and uploading photos. You can take a photo using your iPhone and can upload it instantly through the eBay app. If you need to put a large description on an item that you are selling it is a bit more difficult using your iphone to type this all out but in the long run I think you save more time as you do not need to load up your computer or laptop. As with the buying process ebay also keeps you informed about the items you are selling. An alert will come through to your phone once your item has received a bid and when it sells. OVERALL OPINION As I said I absolutely love this app. Gone are the days when I would have to sit on my laptop waiting for an item that I wanted to end. I can just go about my day to day business and if I am outbid *ping* I am alerted and I can quickly bid again from the comfort of wherever I might be. For a free app I think this is a must for anybody who has an iPhone and loves a bit of eBay. I would rate this app 5 out of 5 stars.

04.02.2014 20:19

Advantages

Disadvantages

An all round brilliant game

Articulate is one of those board games that always ends up coming out when we have a girly night in or a few friends or family over for a bit of a get together. It is something that every one can join in with but watch out it can get competitive!  Setting up the game is simple. All you need o do is unfold the game board, take out the box of cards, your playing counters and the timer and you are ready to go!  Articulate is played in teams, this is what makes this game ideal in lots of different social situations. Me and my friends have played in teams of two against each other as well as in larger groups. The game itself states that it can be played by 20 plus players. I think this is a bit excessive but 10-12 I can definitely say works well with this game.  The basic set up of the game is that each team takes it in turns to describe as many things from a given category in the 60 second time frame to their team mates. The categories are shown by the colour of the segment which you are in. This could be one of the following: person, world, object, action, nature and random. Now obviously you cannot say things like 'rhymes with...' 'starts with the letter...' and what the word actually is! Depending on how many cards you get through in the 60 seconds will depend on how many places you move forward on the board. The first team to reach the end of the board wins.   Now as I said, this game does get competitive. To get the competitive juices flowing a bit more there are also a couple of segments of the board which allows another team to steal your go! When you land on this segment you have to describe your word to every body and whichever team gets it first gets control of the board.  I really enjoy playing this game as I said I think it is one that every body can get involved with and enjoy.  Although it is annoying when you do not know for the life of you what exactly your thing to describe is, I cannot tell you how many times I have picked up a 'person' card and thought "Who on earth is that?". At the beginning of the game as a group you decide how many passes each team can use on their turn, we usually say 2 and have found that is a good number.   It is quick and easy to set up and the game board and pieces themselves are quite durable. One thing I would change about the game set up is the sand timer. When you are really getting into the game it is really easy to forget to look at it. For this reason when me and my friends play we usually put a timer on a mobile phone which makes a noise to alert us the time has passed.   You can buy this board game for between £20 and £25 and can also buy a children's version of the game which I think would be quite fun and educational.   All in all I cannot recommend this game enough. 5 out of 5 stars from me!

02.02.2014 15:51

Advantages

Disadvantages

Pound Land Bargain

Shower gels are not something that I tend to be particularly loyal towards. Usually I will pick up whatever is on offer if its at a god price and smells nice. However, after finding this little gem in a Pound Shop I am now on my third bottle of the stuff! The shower cream comes in a standard bottle which sits on its head making it easy to hold and squeeze out the product. The only minor problem with the packaging is that you cannot see how much product is left. I am prepared to let this slide due to the amazing stuff thats inside the bottle. As soon as you flip the lid open you are greeted with the most delicious exotic coconut smell. Its the kind of coconut that reminds you of the summer as it does have a tropical scent to it rather than just your standard plain coconut. I said to my other half that it reminded me of being in Cyprus a couple of years ago, I am unsure why but it just has that holiday smell to it. You can use the shower cream on its own or with a bath lily. I have found that it produces a lovely, moisturising lather either way but a little definitely goes a longer way if you use a bath lily. The lather feels extremely soft and gentle on my skin and leaves it feeling hydrated. Once out of the shower my skin still feels soft even if I do not use a moisturiser. The gorgeous coconut scent lingers on my skin for a couple of hours and I can't help but keep smelling the yumminess. This little baby was found in the pound shop which I thought was a great buy. However prices do range from around 99p- £2.00 depending on where you buy it from. All in all I cannot fault this product whatsoever and if you can get your hands on it I would definitely give it a go, especially if like me you found it in the pound shop!

29.01.2014 10:23

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great serum from elemis

I initially purchased this Elemis serum when I was suffering from really dry skin when we had the cold burst last year and it really helped to get my skin back under control. I have been using it ever since and even though my skin is not dry any more it works wonders.  This is part of the Elemis 'Fresh Skin' range which is targeted at younger skin and those aged from late teens up until their twenties. There are a wide range of products in the 'Fresh Skin' line including cleansers, face wipes, toners and moisturisers as well as the product which I am going to be focussing on today, the super boost moisturising serum.   The serum comes in a bottle which stands steadily on my bathroom shelf and has a pump dispenser.  You only need to press the pump down gently to release the product. The lid fits onto the bottle well and I feel assured that this wont leak if I were to put it in a bag when travelling. The super boost moisturising serum provides 'intensive hydration for glowing and radiant skin'.  I use this in my evening routine. I cleanse and tone my face and then use this, I only need to use a small amount to see a difference.  Only having to use a small amount also means that this product seems to last forever!  I apply it onto my skin and rub in, I then leave it a couple of minutes to really soak into my skin before applying moisturiser.   Once applied onto my skin the serum feels really light and refreshing. There is no over riding scent which I like, it just smells clean and neutral. What I love about this serum is that it doesn't leave any residue on your skin or leave it looking at all greasy. After a couple of minutes it has completely soaked into your skin leaving it feeling incredibly soft with a healthy glow. My skin looks brighter and plumper.  A 30ml bottle of this costs around £18.00 and can be purchased from a number of different online retailers as well as in Superdrug stores. When I first bought it I did think it was a bit expensive but I really needed something to help with my dry skin. Now I think it was a great investment in terms of results and how long I have had this. I have been using it nearly every day for nearly a year and I'm still going. If you would like to try this and other products from the 'Fresh Skin' range you can buy little sample sets. I think this is a great idea if you do not want to invest in the full sized products without giving them a go first. I really like this serum and will be purchasing again whenever mine runs out, which could be a while since you only need a very small amount each day! I love how it makes my skin look and feel and cannot recommend it enough. 5 out of 5!

26.01.2014 16:34

Advantages

Disadvantages

A lovely lavender mask

I used to subscribe to Glossy Box and this happened to be in a box a little while ago, I had used it a couple of times and then completely forgot about it! Then other day when I fancied some TLC and pampering and was looking through my beauty baskets and saw this, I was delighted. The Monu warming aromatic mask contains natural clay, lavender and rosemary and is designed to be used on normal/combination skin. My skin tends to be on the normal/dry side but have used this mask with no problem. When I first opened the bottle it was like I had been smacked right in the face with a bunch of lavender. The smell is super strong! It is quite hard to detect the rosemary but if you really really try it is hiding in there in amongst the masses of lavender. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so strong but I like lavender so this isn't a problem for me. If you do not like lavender this is definitely not the product for you. Upon squeezing the product out of the bottle you will notice it is quite thick. In the past I have found that masks of thicker consistency tend to be alot better than the runny ones so I had high hopes for this. The product rubs onto your skin easily then all that is left to do is sit and relax. I really liked the warming sensation of this product as it isn't hot as such it is just nice and gentle. I cannot tell you how relaxing this mask is, it made me feel so calm and sleepy it is unbelievable. Not good during the day! The overwhelming smell of the lavender seems to calm down, either that or I'm too relaxed to care! This product does not harden like some other face masks so after 10-15 minutes all you need to do is wash it off. The mask washed off easily with warm water and a little bit of help from some cotton wool pads. After I washed it off my skin felt really cleansed and uplifted. In terms of amazing results I would not say that this is my 'go to' product for taming unruly skin but for a spot of pampering before bed time this is perfect. This is most certainly not a cheap face mask with a 100ml tube costing between £22.95 and £27.00. I have a small sample and do not think I would purchase it for myself at full price as I am more of a lush face mask fan and find that these are more designed to target my problem areas. However, it would be something I would consider getting for my Mum who adores lavender and is in her forties as I think it would suit her skin more. This is one of those ones which I do really like but think it is a bit expensive. So that will effect my rating. Would I purchase this in a sale for myself? Yes. Would I be likely to buy a small sample of this again? Yes. Would I purchase it full price for myself? No. This does tick a lot of boxes for me but the price means I have to knock off one star, four stars given.

20.01.2014 19:44

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great introduction to Jackie Collins

So I have never read a Jackie Collins book before as I am more of a Chick-Lit kind of a gal however when I fancied reading something a bit racier, without going into 50 Shades of Grey territory I thought a Jackie Collins books would tick all the boxes.   After reading several book reviews and umming and ahhing over which book to go for I went for a fairly recent release 'Poor Little Bitch Girl'.   What I really enjoyed about this book is that each chapter is based around a different character so you get to know them all individually as their stories intertwine. You have Annabelle Maestro, the daughter of two movie stars who lives in New York and runs her own escorting business with her drug addict boyfriend Frankie. Annabelle's life is thrown upside down when her mother is murdered. The one person she can turn to for help in her time of need is her best friend Carolyn, however she has her own problems as she is having an affair with a married Senator. Enter Denver, Denver used to be close friends with Annabelle at high school but they drifted apart and now she is a top attorney. When she is drawn in to help with the murder case she enters into a world she hated as a youngster but could things be looking up for her?   Throughout the book you have affairs, murders, money and a little bit of celebrity just for good measure. As I said I was looking for something a bit racier and this book had me gripped! At some points I just didn't want to put it down to find out what was going to happen next.   This is a fabulous read and it definitely won't be the last I read from Jackie Collins. It's the kind of book I think you would enjoy if you like TV programmes like 'Gossip Girl', in that it can be quite dark but with glamour thrown in as well.

• Stila Lip Shine / Make Up / 55 Readings / 53 Ratings
                  18.01.2014 10:53

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great gloss but shop around for the best deal

I purchased this Stila Lip Shine in a little haul I did from Direct Cosmetics a couple of weeks ago. I have used it a few time since and thought I would share my thoughts on it. The lip gloss comes in a tube style packaging which needs to be gently squeezed in order to release the product. The tube itself is easy to squeeze but it is not so squidgy that you end up squeezing it too hard ending up in a glossy nightmare. I have used squeezy lip glosses in the past but this one is different in that it has a brush applicator on the end. The product is released through the brushes which then allows you to glide it over your lips.  I do like the applicator as it allows for an even application and I have found that it leaves less to waste. If you do accidentally squeeze out too much product the brush wipes clean easily. I was worried that after a while the brush applicator might go hard and horrible but I have had no issues with it. So what is the lip gloss actually like?  I chose shade number 12 'Violet Shine'. From the swatch online I thought this would be more of a colour based lip gloss, in my mind I had pictured a pinky-purple shade. However when applied to the lips it is more of a clear gloss with pink undertones. I like the colour as it looks quite natural, it's just not what I was expecting!  The gloss doesn't feel at all sticky and leaves your lips looking moisturised for quite a long time, I have used it and my lips have looked hydrated for a couple of hours after applying. It also looks great applied over a lipstick and does not look layered as it is quite a light but effective gloss. As I mentioned I got this from Direct Cosmetics so didn't pay the full price. The RRP for this gloss is £12 whereas I paid just £1.79. This is a great saving and I do really like this gloss. However, would I pay £12 for it? Probably not. I don't think I would pay more than £5 for it but for £1.79 it is a fantastic gloss.

14.01.2014 19:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

Worth the extra cost for this amazing face mask

I had read a lot about this facemask on blogs and heard it mentioned on twitter countless times so when my skin decided it was going to throw a strop I just had to get it. The Catastrophe Cosmetic facemask is made from blueberries, chamomile and chamomile to aid problematic skin. The blueberries act as an antioxidant, the chamomile oil and rose absolute help to reduce redness and irritation. This was exactly what I needed! If you have used lush face mask before you will know that they are all made fresh. This one in particular needs to be stored in the fridge. Personally I really like the fact that the face mask are fresh and use natural ingredients as it saves from putting any more nasties on my face when I am already breaking out. Being kept in the fridge also means that the mask has a really nice cooling sensation when it applied to your skin. The mask smells quite nice and makes me feel relaxed, this is the chamomile taking effect. I really like the blend of the blueberry and chamomile as it is lovely and light and not too over powering. It feels gentle on my skin and you can feel it working its magic almost instantly. The mask takes 10-15 minutes to harden, any excuse for a little 'me' time where I can just sit and close my eyes or have a bit of a read.   When the mask has hardened it washes off easily leaving my skin feeling soft and looking cleansed and bright. In terms of how it affects my problem areas it is a miracle worker. The next day my skin is clearer and spots look less angry! You can get this in lush stores priced at £5.95 for a 75g tub. I have found that a tub usually does around 4 masks. I know this is not the cheapest face mask on the market but it is definitely worth it. Lush also back recycling so when you return 5 pots to them you can get a free face mask! I cannot recommend this face mask enough. At those certain times of the month when your skin just doesn't want to play ball this is a life saver.

10.01.2014 19:07

Advantages

Disadvantages

A so-so product for me

Rapid Lash is a serum which is designed to improve the length and volume of your eye lashes. With claims of increasing lash length by up to 50% and volume by 75% I was really excited to give this a try when the team at Rapid Lash were looking for people to test the product. In order to get the best results from this product it is recommended that you apply it over night. It was easy enough to incorporate this into my evening routine as it takes no time at all. All you need to do is brush the product along your top lash line, similar to how you would liquid eye liner. The serum has a really light consistency and does not weight my eyelids down and it dries almost instantly. It is not at all messy and it did not irritate my eyes. Rapid Lash claims that results can be seen from this product after just 4 weeks use. I have been using mine for around 8 weeks and although I have seen some improvement the results have not been staggering for me. I have noticed that my lashes do have more volume and are slightly longer; this is more noticeable when I have applied mascara. Unfortunately it just did not give me the ultra glamour lashes that I had hoped for. However I have seen from other users and their and photos that sometime the results are incredible. You can buy this from various retailers such as Boots as well as online for around the £40 mark which I think is very expensive for what it is. So although I have seen some improvement in my eyelashes I don't think I would personally use this again. If you can get a sample of this product it is definitely worth giving it a try though because as I said some of the results that I have seen have been amazing.