kiss_me2070

Member since: 06.10.2008

• Lush King of Skin / Skin Care / 28 Readings / 22 Ratings
      18.03.2014 15:48

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lush King of Skin

= = = = = = = The Product = = = = = = = I am reviewing a product by Lush which is called King of Skin. I recently treated myself to a few new bath products after being very disappointed by the products I purchased from Bomb Cosmetics around a month ago. This product is an intensely nourishing, fruity in-shower body butter that will leave you feeling like a king (or queen). The yummy smelling blend of bananas, avocados, oat milk and butters will come to your rescue if your skin needs a good feed and moisturisation. Avocado's nourishing unsaturated oils get to work with banana's natural emollients and oat milk's antihistamines to create soothed and hydrated skin. Lush have also added cocoa butter, Shea butter extra virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba oil and almond oil as well as fragrant and nourishing essential oils to leave your skin feel smooth and soft. King of Skin is round and looks a bit like a crown when looking at it. I presume this is where it gets part of the name 'King' from. The scent of the product reminds me a little of the Buffy moisturising bar, if anyone has ever used that before. King of Skin is a beige colour and feels smooth but also slightly greasy as well. When purchasing this from my local Lush store they wrapped the product in greaseproof paper so it doesn't go over any other products you may have purchased at the same time. = = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = = I purchased the product from my local Lush store. This was priced at £5.50 for a 75g bar which I don't think was too bad for a Lush product. The bar does only come in one size; although I believe at one stage it used to be available in a slightly larger size as well as this sized bar. = = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = = To use the product simply smooth the bar over clean, wet skin and then rinse off. When reading some reviews about this product on the Lush website some people use this on dry skin without rinsing off to give their skin much needed moisture. I actually decided to use this product on dry skin after getting out of the bath as I heard this works very well when using the product this way. After getting out of the bath and patting my skin dry with a towel I got ready to apply the product. I decided to apply the product to specific dry areas of my skin such as the knees and elbows. Now the weather is getting better and I can bear slightly more skin I wanted these particular areas to look nice and hydrated. This product warmed up very quickly in my hands and although it felt greasy it also felt as though it might be quite moisturising as well. The top of the bar is slightly rounded and the bottom is flat. I used the rounded top edge to rub over my knees a few times. As the bar rubbed over my skin it started to melt quite quickly, making my knees look slightly greasy although it felt moisturising and silky. The scent of the product was quite pleasant and I like it as it has the same scent of the Buffy moisturising bar. I used the bottom of the bar which is flat on my elbows. I simply rubbed the bar over my knees and elbows and then rubbed them a little to ensure that the product was well rubbed in. The product did feel greasy and it did take quite a while to soak in which is why I applied the product after a bath and waited a few hours before going to bed. I was hoping that by the morning these areas would feel a lot smoother and softer than they had done before applying the product. The following morning when waking up and assessing the results I was quite pleased. Although the product was a little greasy before going to bed, when sleeping this had given time for the product to soak in and work overnight, which meant when waking up in the morning I was able to feel and see some visible results from using the product. Although my elbows and knees weren't really smooth, they did feel much softer than they had done before applying the product and they didn't look as dry either. The scent of the product had disappeared by now but this didn't really bother me. I have also used the product on wet skin as well and I find that it works just as well. The product glides on a little easier on wet skin and although it makes your skin feel a little greasy, this washes off leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth with a nice, light scent. After washing the product there wasn't a greasy residue left on my skin but it does leave it feeling very soft and smooth. I would definitely suggest stepping out from under the shower to apply this product as you may find that the running water makes the bar go down a little quicker than normal. The morning after applying the product to my skin it felt so smooth and soft and moisturised. It also looked radiant and healthy as well which made me feel confident and also good. I like that the product didn't feel heavy on my skin and although it does seem a little greasy it didn't leave my skin feeling too greasy after using it. = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = I was hoping for this product to be good as I have really enjoyed using some of the other products from Lush lately. Although most of the reviews I have read about this product have been good, it's clear that some people think it's very good, whereas other don't find it so good. I love the Buffy moisturising bar so I was confident that I would find this just as good as in terms of moisturising. The product has a nice scent to it and I like the crown shaped design of the product which means it's easy to rub over areas such as knees and elbows. When using the product in the shower I find that it's easier to glide onto your skin and it also feels smoother as well. Whether you use the product on wet or dry skin you can still smell the nice scent of the product which I really like. The product does feel greasy on your skin when using it on dry skin like when I used it the very first time on my knees and elbows. When using the product on wet skin it doesn't feel greasy so long as you ensure that you give your skin/body a good rinse after using it. The product was kind to my skin and left it feeling silky smooth and soft. The scent from the product stayed on my skin a little but had almost completely disappeared in the morning. I store this product in the greaseproof paper that it came in when buying it as this product unfortunately doesn't fit into the body butter tins which I have at home. This is a little annoying but wasn't a huge problem. In terms of value I think the product is reasonable and is around the price I would expect to pay for this product. I think I will get at least 8 more uses out of this product depending on how often I use it and if I use it all over my body or just on dry areas. This product doesn't exfoliate unfortunately but it does do a really good of moisturising and making your skin feel great. (review will also appear on ciao)

• Terry's All Gold / Chocolate / 31 Readings / 30 Ratings
        18.03.2014 09:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

Terry's All Gold Dark Chocolates

= = = = = = = = = = Terry's All Gold Dark = = = = = = = = = = I was in my local co-operative store on the way to work and I happened to see this box of chocolates on offer, so I thought I would treat myself to them and it also meant I could write a new chocolate review. Terry's was a chocolate and confectionary maker in York, England. Its history stretched back to 1767 but in 1993 it was taken over by Kraft Foods. The company's headquarters, later renames The Chocolate Works factory, closed in 2005, and products using the Terry's brand name are not produced in other Kraft facilities in Poland, Sweden, Belgium and Slovakia. Most of you are probably familiar with Terry's as they are most famous for their Terry's chocolate orange, which now comes in a range of different flavours. Terry's All Gold Dark contains a collection of dark chocolates. The box I am reviewing contains a total of 20 different chocolates and I paid £3.00 for the box as they were on offer. This particular box is 190g but you can purchase 400g boxes from Tesco for £7.00; although they are currently reduced until the end of this month down to £3.50 which sounds quite good. The main box the chocolates come in is a yellow colour. On the top of the box it has a picture of 3 of the sweets which are in the box and it also states on the front that these are dark chocolates. On the back of the box is nutritional information, a list of ingredients and also a little bit of information about Terry's. The box opens simply by slicing the plastic seal on the front edge of the box which loosens the lid. The lid to the box folds back to reveal a thick piece of plastic which covers the chocolates. The chocolates are all nestled neatly in a black plastic tray. On the inside of the lid it shows you the different chocolates contained in the box and it tells you the name of each one and a little about it. When opening the box, there was an unmistakable scent of dark chocolate which smelt quite strong, probably due to the amount of chocolates there are in the box. I like dark chocolate anyway, so I quite liked the smell of the chocolates. = = = = = = = The Chocolates = = = = = = = There are a total of 9 different chocolates in the box, each of which all look very different to the others so it's easy to match the chocolates to the key on the inside lid of the box. * Sumptuous Strawberry - Real strawberry pieces nestled within a sweet, strawberry flavoured fondant. This chocolate is shaped like a strawberry and has detailing on the top which is made to look like strawberry seeds. I bit into the chocolate which cracked beneath my teeth to reveal the strawberry fondant centre. The fondant centre is a light pink colour and looks quite nice. As I chewed the chocolate the main taste was the slightly bitter dark chocolate. Although there was a fair amount of fondant filling there lacked a strawberry taste. The bitterness of the chocolate seemed to take away any taste of the strawberry. The strawberry pieces in the fondant centre seemed a little gritty to me which I didn't like. This chocolate lacked flavour and I didn't like the gritty texture to the strawberry fondant centre. There were a total of 2 of these chocolates in the box. * Molten Gold - Smooth golden caramel melts beneath a devilishly dark exterior. This chocolate is square in shape and has a star like pattern which starts at the centre and comes out to the edges of the chocolate. As I bit into this chocolate the top layer cracked beneath my teeth and sunk into the caramel centre. The centre is a golden colour but wasn't as glossy as I expected and was more of a dull colour. The caramel was smooth and was slightly creamy, although I couldn't really taste much of the caramel due to the overpowering taste of the dark chocolate. * Inca Gold - Soft caramel elegantly enrobes a whole hazelnut. This chocolate is round in shape and the top is made to look like a swirl, this chocolate looks quite nice and there were a total of 3 of them in the box. As I bit into the chocolate I expected there to be a slight crunch as I bit into the nut centre; however there wasn't that crunch I had expected and the nut was disappointingly soft with no crunch or texture at all. The caramel that surrounded the nut wasn't very runny and seemed to be rather thick. I couldn't really taste anything but chocolate when eating this one. * Almond Jewel - Delicious Marzipan crème fondant covered in Terry's dark chocolate. This chocolate is a diamond shape and is quite flat in comparison to the others. There are a few lines on the top of the chocolate and there were a total of 2 of these in the box. When biting into this chocolate my teeth sank straight into the marzipan crème which was soft. This marzipan crème was a white colour and although there looked as though there was enough inside the chocolate to give it some flavour this is what this chocolate really lacked. I love marzipan and sometimes treat myself to the Marks & Spencer marzipan bars but this chocolate was nothing in comparison to that. I was expecting more of a marzipan taste to this one but instead it taste very bland. The chocolate taste wasn't as overpowering as it was with some of the other chocolates so far but it was just tasteless. * Vanilla Gold Leaf - Rich dark chocolate covers a luxurious vanilla flavour fudge centre. I was looking forwards to trying this one as its vanilla fudge flavoured. This chocolate is in the shape of a leaf and has a pattern on the top which makes the chocolate more leaf like. There were a total of 3 of these in the box which I was pleased with as this was bound to be my favourite. I bit into the chocolate revealing the vanilla fudge centre which was a light brown colour. The fudge centre wasn't too thick but at the same time it wasn't runny either. As I chewed the first part of the chocolate the fudge seemed to have a slight vanilla taste but like some of the other chocolates this was overpowered by the dark chocolate. I was disappointed but this one, especially as I wanted it to be my favourite. * Hazelnut Perfection - An elegant roasted nut truffle. This chocolate is square in shape and has a pretty little chocolate bow on it to make the chocolate look like a little present. There were a total of 3 of these chocolates in the box. I wasn't sure what to expect from this chocolate as the other nut ones have been so disappointing. * Hallmark - Our Hallmark chocolate. Dark, pure and delicious. This is a plain chocolate circle which has 'Terry's' engrave on the top. This is a thin chocolate and has a slightly bitter taste like you would expect from dark chocolate. The texture of the chocolate is smooth. There is only one of these in the box and this sits directly in the centre of the box surrounded by the other chocolates. * Cappuccino Radiance - A smooth, coffee flavour truffle, just waiting to be discovered. This chocolate looks like a shell. I can't comment on the taste/texture of this chocolate as I don't like coffee. * Rich Orange - Terry's dark chocolate protects this precious orange centre. This chocolate is shaped like an orange segment and has a little detailing on it. I don't like orange chocolates or orange in general so I can't comment personally on the taste of this chocolate but my mum said that it didn't really have that much of a taste and that she couldn't really taste the orange. = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = I don't normally buy box of chocolates for myself but as these were on offer I decided to treat myself to them. I quite like dark chocolate and I hadn't had any for a while so I thought it was another good excuse to try them out. The box of chocolates looks presentable and would make a nice gift for someone as I don't think they look particularly cheap. They don't look as nice as a box of chocolates from Thornton's but they do still look and sound quite nice. When opening the box, although there isn't a great deal of smell to them apart from dark chocolate they do look nice and each chocolate looks quite tasty. It's easy to tell which chocolate is which simply by looking at the picture on the inside of the lid. I was looking forwards to tasting the chocolate and expected them to be quite nice, especially as they are made by Terry's. The first chocolate I had which was the strawberry one had a nice texture to it and was a nice size but there was a real lack of taste to the chocolate and I could barely taste anything else apart from the slight bitter taste from the dark chocolate. It seems as though the other chocolates in the box are no better as none of them had any real flavour to them as the dark chocolate was just too overpowering and all you could taste in each chocolate was the dark chocolate and not much else. The almond jewel did have slightly more taste than the other chocolates but still not a lot of taste. I was very disappointed by this box of chocolate and wish I had purchased a single chocolate bar instead of these. The chocolates were so boring and lacked in taste so much that after trying one of each I actually decided to throw the rest of them away as I just didn't enjoy them. Even if you like dark chocolate I wouldn't recommend these to anyone as you will be very disappointed. Now I have tried these I definitely wouldn't purchase them as a gift for someone either, no matter how cheap the chocolates are. Don't waste your last few pounds on these as they really aren't worth it. (review also on ciao)

14.03.2014 12:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

The Body Shop Almond Hand Butter

= = = = = = = The Product = = = = = = = I am reviewing Almond Hand Butter which is from The Body Shop. I often suffer from dry skin on my hands and in the colder/winter months they tend to be a lot worse than what they are in the summer. I have been using a hand cream a few times a day at the moment to prevent them from feeling and looking dry. I purchased the Hemp hand butter before, but I am not a keen lover on the scent of the product which is why I decided to purchase this hand butter instead which I hoped and thought would smell a lot nicer. This particular product is an intensive hydrating treatment that restores moisture to dry skin for up to 24 hours and also cares for dry, brittle nails. The product contains sweet almond oil and has a silky smooth, non-greasy finish to it. The texture to this product is buttery and it has a sweet almond scent. Almond Oil is renowned for its hand and nail care qualities which is why the Almond Hand Care range is a popular choice for providing 25hr hydration for dry hands and to help restore brittle and dry nails. The nail butter comes in a round tub which is clear although the tub doesn't look clear due to the butter inside it. There is a label which goes around the outside of the tub and also another label on the lid this is a light brown colour. It clearly states on the top and the side of the tub what the product is and that it's suitable for all skin types. On the bottom of the tub is a label which tells you how to use the product. If you peel back this label it opens to reveal the list of ingredients in the hand butter. The lid to the tub unscrews to reveal the hand butter which is an off white colour. The butter looks slightly glossy and has a gorgeous light almond scent to it. The butter does look quite thick but I presume just like the body butter this melts slightly when it's applied to the skin. For those of you who have used the Almond body butter the hand butter aren't as strong as this. = = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = = I purchased the hand butter from The Body Shop website (www.thebodyshop.co.uk) last year when topping up on buying bits as I had a 40% off voucher. The hand butter is priced at £11.00 which is for a 100ml tub of the product. I didn't mind paying this so long as it was going to make a different to my hands and improve them. Other products in the Almond Hand Care range include: * Almond Hand & Nail Cream * Almond Nail & Cuticle Oil * Almond Conditioning Hand Wash You can also purchase all of these products from their highstreet shops; how-ever I find they normally have better offers online than they do in their stores. = = = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = = = As this product is an intensive hydrating treatment for hands and nails I prefer applying this at night just before going to bed. The best way to use the product is to use some moisturising gloves after applying the product; how-ever if you don't have these you can easily use the product without them. I actually only have one glove as one seems to have gone missing so I do need to get some more. The first time I used the butter was without the cotton moisturising gloves. I unscrewed the lid and carefully used my fingers to get a good amount of the butter onto it. I didn't want to use too much of the butter as I wasn't sure what it was going to be like. I could apply some more if I needed it. I rubbed the butter between my hands ensuring that I got the nails and in between the fingers. The butter felt really smooth and soft against my skin and immediately felt moisturising. As I rubbed the butter into my hands I could smell a nice light almond scent which was a lot better than the Hemp hand butter scent. After rubbing the butter into my hands I decided that I didn't need to apply anymore so I screwed the lid back onto the tub. I have to admit that I thought my hands felt a little greasy at first despite them claiming that the product is actually non-greasy. The greasy feeling only lasted a little while and as soon as the product had soaked into my skin my hands no longer felt or looked greasy. My hands looked and felt really hydrated and they also looked healthy. I liked the light almond scent that the hand butter gave to my skin as well. The butter gave my hands instant hydration and improved the look of them straight away. I actually have a dry patch of skin on one of my fingers at the moment and even this looked moisturised. The hand butter didn't irritate the slightly drier areas of skin or make them sore. I went to bed and would assess the rest of the results in the morning when waking up. I was careful when going to bed as I didn't want to leave greasy marks on the duvet cover from the hand butter. When waking in the morning and feeling/looking at my hands I was impressed that they still looked hydrated and felt moisturised. The light almond scent had gone and I could no longer smell this on my hands but I wasn't really bothered by this. When looking at my bed covers I couldn't spot any greasy marks on them luckily. My hands definitely felt a lot smoother and softer than what they normally felt like if I hadn't of applied the product before going to bed. The dry patch of skin I had on my finger was still there but it didn't seem as dry as it was before applying the hand butter and it wasn't itchy either. It was also a lot less noticeable which was good. I have actually used the hand butter a few nights in a row now before going to bed (without moisturising gloves) and there is a definite improvement to the look and the feel of my hands. I have quite strong nails so I can't really comment on whether this product helped my nails or not. I did notice that the skin round my nails weren't looking as dry or cracked which can sometimes lead to this area being slightly sore. On the whole my hands and nails looked lovely. The dry patch of skin on my finger has improved so much and is practically gone now which I have been pleased with. = = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = = I have used the Hemp hand Butter a few times before and thought that it was a very good product in terms of moisturising but I really didn't like the smell at all, which is why I decided to go for this hand butter which I presumed and hoped would smell better. Thankfully I liked the light almond scent that the hand butter had and I liked that it gave my hands a nice light almond scent that lasted a reasonable amount of time. The hand butter is very easy to apply and I found that a little goes a long way with this product; although you can probably put some back into the pot if you do happen to take out too much. Although they say the hand butter isn't greasy I did think that it was a little greasy at first, but this did disappear as the hand cream soaked into my skin. I apply this before bed as the product is an intensive treatment and I think it works better if left to soak into your skin overnight. The hand butter made a significant improvement to my hands and nails and made them soft and smooth. The product didn't cause any irritation to the dry areas of skin on my hands and it didn't make them feel sore, if anything it actually improved the dry areas a lot more than what my previous hand cream was. If you pop the moisturising gloves on after applying the butter the, the effects of the product will probably be even better than what they are without the gloves. Although I haven't used moisturising gloves with this product yet I was still impressed at how soft and smooth my hands felt the morning after applying the product. I found that the scent of the product does seem to disappear overnight, but this wasn't something I was really bothered about anyway. In terms of value the product is rather pricey but I purchased it when I had a money off voucher so I didn't actually pay full price for the item. I will probably purchase the product again when I get a money off code/voucher through e-mail or when there is a money off event for cardholders. I use a separate hand cream in the day if I need to because I prefer using this hand butter over night. If you have dry hands that are in need of intensive moisture then I would definitely recommend this product. (review will also appear on ciao)

13.03.2014 15:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

L'Oreal Elvive Smooth & Polish Conditioner

= = = = = = = The Product = = = = = = = I am reviewing an Intensive Conditioner by L'Oreal Elvive. This particular conditioner is from the Smooth & Polish rang and is for unruly, fine to normal hair. The conditioner is enriched with Keratin-Polish and Camellia Extract. This product gently melts on the hair surface smoothing it strand by strand, leaving it looking polished and feeling sumptuously soft. Quite often fine hair can become wispy and unruly, lacking suppleness and softness, but when using this conditioner it instantly transforms each strand making it feel smoother as if resurfaced. This leaves the hair flowing with a weightless feel and incredibly silky touch. I purchased this conditioner a few months ago but have only just got round to using it. I have used another 60 Second Saviour conditioner in the L'Oreal Elvive range and was really impressed with it which is what prompted me to purchase this one. I have very fine hair and quite often it can look a little dry and wispy, especially just after coloring it despite using the conditioner that always comes with the hair colour. I tend to always use an intensive conditioner on my hair a few days after colouring it to help restore the lost moisture and to also help it look healthy, shiny and smooth. Although this product doesn't claim to help put moisture back into my hair it does claim to smooth it giving it a flowing finish and silky smooth touch. The conditioner comes in a pink tube which is metallic looking and it clearly states on the front what the product is and the name of the range the product is from. The tube stands on its lid and this flips open to reveal a small whole in which the product dispenses out from. On the back of the tube it tells you a little about the product and how to use it. It also lists the ingredients for the product as well. = = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = = I purchased the product from my local Superdrug store where the product is priced at £2.99 for a 400ml tube of the product. You can also purchase this from boots stores and from the boots website. You may also be able to purchase this from supermarkets as well = = = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = = = To use the product apply it to hair after shampooing. Spread through, root to tip and leave it in for 60 seconds. Rinse out quickly and for even more care and smoothing, use as part of the entire Elvive Smooth & Polish range. I don't have any of the products in this range so I washed my hair with my current shampoo and after ensuring it was rinsed out I squeezed as much water out of my hair as possible just leaving it damp. I grabbed hold of the tube which was easy to hold even with wet hands. I flipped open the lid and held out my hair and gave the tube a slight squeeze to dispense some of the conditioner out. The conditioner is thicker than normal conditioner and is a light pink colour. It comes out of the tube easily. I only used a small amount of conditioner around the size of a 2p. My hair is just past shoulder length so I definitely wouldn't need to use any more than this. I rubbed the conditioner in both hands and smoothed this over my hair. I then used my fingers as a comb to ensure that every strand of my hair had been coated in the conditioner. The conditioner has a nice, light refreshing scent to it which I found really pleasant. I left the conditioner in my hair for at least 60 seconds before rinsing it out. As I rinsed the conditioner out I ran my fingers through my hair to ensure it was all being rinsed out properly. After I was sure that the conditioner had been rinsed out I squeezed the water out of my hair and then wrapped my hair in a towel for at least 5mins to absorb any excess water. I always blow dry my hair and quite often I will put a leave in conditioner in it; although in this case I wasn't going to because I wanted to assess the results fully. I was able to get a wide tooth comb through my hair easily when it was wet without it getting caught in any knots or tangles. Normally there are one or two places where the comb will get caught a little in my hair; how-ever this time the comb seemed to glide through my hair easily. I could smell the fresh, clean scent of the product in my hair which was nice as it made my hair feel and smell very clean. I blow dried my hair as normal and then ran the brush through it to finish the style off. When looking at the results in the mirror I was very pleased with the results. My hair that is normally a little frizzy on the top was smooth and shiny and my hair looked really healthy. It not only looked great but it felt great too. My hair looked great which made me feel great. My hair stayed looking great all day and even the day after as well. I normally wash my hair every 3rd day and the product didn't make my hair greasier than what it normally would be by the 3rd day. = = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = = Although I have already used an Intensive Conditioner by L'Oreal I wasn't sure what to expect from this one as I haven't used any products from the Smooth & Polish range before. I liked the sound of this product and it sounded perfect for my hair which is fine and can often have flyaway strands sticking up and blowing about all over the place. I have read a few other reviews about this product on various websites and the product actually sounded quite good and money well spent. The product is very eye catching due to the metallic sheen the tube has to it. I can't decide whether I like this or not and I can't help but think this makes the product look a little tacky. I don't like the colour of the tube anyway so this probably doesn't help this factor. I found the conditioner; although thicker than your standard conditioner was easy to apply to my hair. I like the fresh, clean scent of the conditioner as well which stays in your hair for a little while. The conditioner washed out easily and I was able to use a comb easily in my hair. After drying my hair I was able to see and feel the results straight away. My hair felt so soft and it looked really healthy, smooth and shiny. I was impressed at how good this product made my hair look and feel. In terms of value I think the product is very reasonable as you do only need to use a little of the product each time you use it. I use the product about once a week to give my hair a bit of a treat and intense treatment. You will of course get better results from this if you use the shampoo and the conditioner in the range but I just use my normal colour shampoo and conditioner when using this product. If you have fine unruly hair then I would definitely recommend this product. (review also on ciao)

12.03.2014 21:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lush Fluffy Egg

= = = = = = The Product = = = = = = I am reviewing a limited edition bath bomb from Lush which is called Fluffy Egg. As you will have probably guessed from the name this product is part of the Easter range which is available to purchase now from Lush stores and online from their website (www.lush.co.uk). The egg shaped bath bomb is fragranced with an old Lush favourite called Candy Fluff which is how this particular product got its name. This product also apparently has the same sweet-shop smell as the Snow Fairy shower gel from their Christmas range. This is the perfect alternative to piling on the pounds from eating chocolate over the Easter period. This pretty pink, sugary sweet, candy-scented bath bomb will fizz in your bath turning it a gorgeous pink colour and filling the room with a delicious candy scent. This bath bomb is egg shaped and is a bright pink colour and has an Easter egg like pattern on it. My one has a dot pattern but some others have a zig zag pattern on them. Towards the top of the bath bomb is a little flower on each side which reminds of those sugar flowers you used to get to put on fairy cakes. The flower colours in the bath bomb do vary. As I ordered the product from the lush website my bath bomb came sealed in a small, clear plastic bag which had a label on. Normally the labels tell you a little about the product and also list the ingredients but in this case it told me to look as Lush time for information about the product or go to their website where I could read some more information about the product itself. The featured ingredient in this product is Synthetic Musk. Musk's are synthetic materials used to fragrance cosmetic products. The odour is musky and subtle. Although I am not a huge fan of pink I loved the colour of this bath bomb as it's bright and colourful. When opening the plastic wrapper to the bath bomb and smelling it I could smell a delicious candy scent that smelt nice and sweet; although not too sweet. I couldn't wait to drop this into the bath. = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = I purchased the product from the Lush website (www.lush.co.uk) for £2.95 which I thought was very reasonable. You can also purchase this from Lush stores as well. As this is an Easter product it's likely that this product will disappear shortly after April. = = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = = As this product is a bath bomb you simply need to do drop it into your bath full of water and watch as it fizzes away turning the water a pink colour and releasing the gorgeous candy scent. As soon as I had run the bath I removed the product from the plastic wrapper and dropped it into the bath. As soon as the egg hit the water it started fizzing away releasing the gorgeous candy scent and turning the water a pink colour. The bath bomb although sunk to the bottom of the bath fizzed away quite quickly; although not as quick and as furiously as some of the other bath bombs from Lush. Within a few minutes the bath bomb had finished fizzing away and by now the bath water was a nice shade of pink. Even the little flowers on the bath bomb had fizzed away as well. The bathroom smelt of a nice candy scent, which wasn't too strong but wasn't overpowering either. The scent was sweet but it wasn't too sickly. I got into the bath and relaxed for a while. The water felt soft against my skin and it looked as though was a slightly oily film on top of the water; how-ever this was only slightly and it was hard to tell due to the colour of the water. I had a wash and relaxed in the bath a little longer surrounded by the gorgeous candy scent which I absolutely loved. Unlike a recent product I used from Bomb Cosmetics this one didn't irritate my skin which I was pleased about as I have sensitive skin and a few dry patches behind my knees which can sometimes be irritated easily by some products. After relaxing in the bath a little longer I pulled the plug out and let the water drain whilst patting my skin dry. The product didn't make a huge difference to my skin but it didn't irritate it either. The scent from the product couldn't be smelt on my skin but this didn't bother me as I was applying body butter anyway. = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = I have only recently got into buying a few Lush products and trying them out myself and so far I have been impressed with all of their products and have been enjoying using them. I loved the bright pink colour of this particular bath bomb, even though I am not really a pink person. I loved the overall look and the finish of the product and the fact that it looks like an egg which makes it the perfect Easter gift for someone who isn't really a huge fan of chocolate. The product smells delicious and doesn't smell to sweet and overpowering. If you like the other candy scented products from Lush you will definitely like this product as well as it has a similar kind of scent. I liked the way this product changed the colour of the bath water and I loved the fact that the scent of the product filled the bathroom and could be smelt all the time whilst in the bath. This product didn't make a huge difference to my skin but when reading the information on the lush website it doesn't claim to make a difference to your skin anyway. Although I do have sensitive and slightly dry skin this product didn't irritate or dry out my skin which I was pleased about. In terms of value I think this product is very reasonable and it's one that I would definitely use again. I would definitely recommend this product to others to try whilst it's still available. I think this would make a lovely gift for someone for Easter who doesn't enjoy or chocolate or isn't a chocolate fan. (review also on ciao)

11.03.2014 19:27

Advantages

Disadvantages

L'Oreal Caresse Lipstick

= = = = = = The Product = = = = = = The product I am reviewing is a lipstick which is made by L'Oreal Paris. I only ever wear lipstick on a night out on the town and I prefer wearing lighter shades of pink lipstick that look slightly shimmery. I don't like matt coloured lipsticks. My lipstick was very old so I thought I would go on the hunt for a new one. The previous lipstick I was using was a cheap brand so I thought I might treat myself to a slightly more expensive brand depending on if I could find the right colour. When wearing lipstick I don't like anything that feels too heavy on my lips and I want something that's going to keep them moisturised whilst wearing it. After looking at the shades of different lipsticks in various ranges I finally found a gorgeous shade that I liked the look of. This particular lipstick is part of the Rouge Caresse range which contains a range of different colours and shades of lipsticks suitable for any occasion whether it is work or a night out. This lipstick has a melting heart of Mother of Pearl particles and is enrobed in poppy colours. The lipstick claims to give you iridescent, vibrant colour with a sheer, light finish. It has a meltingly soft application and a weightless sensation which gives your lips a gorgeous pearlescent pop of colour. Although the lipstick is available in a great range of shades I chose a very subtle pink colour which is called 'Nude and Cute'. This was the lightest pink colour I could see and it looked the shade I was looking for after trying the tester on the back of my hand. The lipstick itself comes in what I would describe as pricey looking packaging. The main colour of the packaging is silver and it has L'Oreal on the side of the lipstick which joins the lid and the bottom of the lipstick together. The lid pulls off easily which then allows you to twist the lipstick up and down to apply it. The lid simply makes a large click sound when placing back on the lipstick. The lid on the lipstick feels quite safe and doesn't look or feel as though it would fall off when placed in a make-up or handbag. On the bottom of the lipstick is a round circle which represents the colour of the shade it also tells you the colour and number of the shade. For example the one I purchased is 504 'Nude & Cute'. This means I know which one to purchase again in the future if I decide to buy this product again. The lipstick itself is a nice light pink colour and has a circle of white in the middle of the lipstick which I presume is something to do with the 'melting heart of Mother of Pearl particles'. This looks as though it could be quite moisturising to the lips which is great as my lips often get dry. = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = I purchased this from Boots for £7.99; how-ever you can also purchase this from Superdrug as well. The lipstick comes in a total of 16 different shades which mainly includes different shades of pinks, red and purples. Some of these look totally different to the actual colours on the bottom of the packaging so it's best to try the tester before purchasing a shade. On the boots website they only have 4 shades available for purchase which I presume may be the most popular shades. = = = = = = The Lipstick = = = = = = When applying the lipstick I found it very easy to apply and it glided onto my lips easily. The lipstick felt smooth against my lips and gave my lips a nice splash of colour. I have to admit that the pink did look a lot pinker than it did on the back of my hand when testing it in the shop and I wasn't too sure if I actually liked this or not. Despite this I kept the lipstick on to see how it lasted during the night. My lips felt moisturised and they look moisturised and shiny. I found the lipstick to be rather sparkly which is what I wasn't too sure about as I thought it was maybe a little too sparkly for my liking. I normally go for slightly more subtle lipsticks so this was a bit of a change for me. During the night when the lipstick was on my lips it felt moisturising and my lips didn't feel dry or chapped. The lipstick lasted a good amount of time before I had to re-apply it but obviously this depends on what you are doing. I just went out with a few friends and had a few drinks which made the lipstick wear off a little each time I took a mouthful of drink from my glass. The lipstick is definitely iridescent as claimed and it does make your lips noticeable so if you are looking for a more subtle colour or shade then I wouldn't personally recommend this range. I did have to re-apply the lipstick a few times during the night but this was expected anyway. With some lipsticks I like to put some clear lip gloss over the top but because this lipstick was iridescent I didn't need to apply any gloss over the top of this lipstick, if I had I think it would have looked a little too much with the iridescent and the gloss together. Although the shade I chose was lighter than I thought it was I actually got used to wearing the colour and it actually looked nice with my blonde hair and the rest of my make-up. I was out for at least 4hrs over which period I did have to re-apply the lipstick a few times when popping to the ladies. At the end of the night I removed the remaining lipstick with a slightly wet tissue. I was surprised that my lips still felt reasonably moisturised and soft despite having to apply the lipstick a few times during the night. This lipstick definitely kept my lips feeling and looking moisturised all night. = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = Although I am not a lipstick person I do like to wear something on my lips on a night out other than just a clear lip gloss. I do tend to go for subtle and gentle shades of lipstick that look quite natural and aren't too over the top. I liked shimmery/pearlised shades of lipstick rather than matte ones. The range of colours in this particular lipstick was good and I found there were a good amount of lipsticks to choose from. Although I tested the lipstick on the back of my hand before buying the lipstick I purchased did look slightly pinker on my lips anyway so bear this in mind if you think of purchasing a lipstick from this range. I found this lipstick very easy to apply and found that it glides onto your lips easily without having to apply much pressure at all to the lipstick. You could use a lip gloss over the top of the lipstick but I really don't think it's necessary as the lipstick is glossy and very shimmery anyway. Although I chose the lightest pink shade available, this was still a lot lighter on my lips than it looked on the back of my hand. Although I didn't think this lipstick was as subtle as some of the others I have worn it still looked nice and went well with my natural make-up and hair colour. The lipstick didn't look too over the top although I wasn't too sure about the shimmer from the lipstick as it seemed very shimmery. The lipstick didn't last any longer than what I would expect from any other lipstick and I did have to re-apply it a few time during the night which is expected with most lipsticks. I like that the lipstick kept my lips feeling moisturised all night and they didn't feel or look dry at all. In terms of value I think the product is reasonable value as it does look nice and it's the only really good moisturising lipstick I have come across. I have actually worn the lipstick a few times since writing this review and I have now got used to the slightly lighter pink colour than what I would normally go for. Due to the shimmer of the lipstick I would personally only wear this for a night out on the town as I think some of the shimmery colours may look a bit too much for the day. I would recommend this lipstick to others but ensure that you test some of the colours well before purchasing it as the colours tend to be pinker than what they look. (review may also appear on ciao)

10.03.2014 11:51

Advantages

Disadvantages

Avon Illuminating Face Pearls

= = = = = = = The Product = = = = = = = I am reviewing Avon Face Pearls which can be used to give you skin a gorgeous glow. They can be used all over the face or as a blusher to highlight cheek bones. I have read a lot of good reviews about this product and it's only recently that I decided to try it. Now the weather is warming up I like my skin to have a nice, natural looking glow to it. Sometimes I prefer a glowed look rather than a bronze look for during the day as it looks slightly more subtle than bronzing pearls. My sister uses this product and has said good things about it and the majority of the reviews on dooyoo, ciao and the Avon website is pretty good. I personally think Avon products are a bit hit & miss as I find that sometimes their products can be really good, but other times their products can be quite poor. Obviously different people have different views but I was hoping that this product was going to be as good as what I've read about it. The face pearls come in a black box, which states what the product is. The majority of Avon products come in this black box telling you a little about the product in a large range of different languages. The face pearls comes in a large black plastic pot, which to me looks and feels quite cheap. The pot is made from shiny plastic so dust and fingerprints do tend to stick to it a little. Avon is engraved onto the lid of the pot and this unscrews easily to reveal a large foam pad which is quite thick. This is to stop the pearls from moving around and breaking up when in your bag. When taking the large foam sponge out this reveals the face pearls. There are a good amount of pearls in the pot and there are a total of 2 different colours pearl, one of which is a very light pink and one which is slightly darker. The pearls themselves look slightly shimmery. As this product doesn't come with an applicator you will need to use your own brush to apply the product which wasn't a problem for me as I have plenty of make up brushes. = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = I purchased this through an Avon book which my sister got me. I believe the product is price at around £9.00 which I do think is a little pricey for this product but I really wanted to give it a try and see what it was like. I believe they do other face pearls including bronzing pearls as well for around the same price. You can purchase make up brushes from Avon so if you don't have a brush already you may want to purchase one to go with it. = = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = = Apply the product using a dusting brush. This can be applied all over the face for a radiant glow or as a blusher to highlight the cheek bones. I had already applied the rest of my make up such as foundation so this would be the finishing touch to my make up. As I haven't used the product before and I didn't really know what it was like I decided to apply the product to my cheek bones only to give them a radiant and healthy glow. I swirled the brush into the pot and as I did this I could hear the pearls move around slightly. When looking at the brush I could see there was a good amount of product on the brush ready to apply. I carefully swept this over my cheek bones. I stood back and looked in the mirror to see how the product looked on my face. There was definitely a slight glow to my cheeks but nothing that was that obvious. Although the pearls are different shades of pink this didn't make my cheeks really pink which I was glad about. It gave my cheeks more of a healthy glow than anything. I didn't want to apply too much of the product as it was day, so I left it how it was. Had I of been going out for the evening, I may have applied a little more to my cheeks. I liked that the product wasn't too obvious and it didn't look over the top. I could see that I had a slight shimmer to my cheeks but this was quite subtle and very natural looking, it didn't look glittery or sparkly which I was very pleased about. The product didn't feel too heavy on my cheeks and I found that it lasted for the day without me having to re-apply it. This may be because I had actually applied a primer before applying my foundation which I then applied the face pearls to. If wearing the product alone without a primer I am not sure it would last as long. Alternatively you could just apply the product straight on top of a primer rather than on foundation to give you skin a nice natural glow. This is something I may try during the summer when I tend to wear less make up as it gets too hot. I was impressed that the product stayed looking great all day and the glow stayed on my skin. I always use Simple facial wipes when removing make up and I found that this product came off easily, without having to rub at my face. The product didn't cause any irritation to my skin or didn't dry it out or cause me to have any break outs. = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = I have had my eye on this product for a while but have only recently decided to buy it a little treat for myself after continually reading good reviews about it. I do have a product that I use as a highlighter but I wanted to see what this product was like as it was in the form of pearls rather than a pressed powder like my other highlighter is. I have to admit that I don't really like the packaging the product comes in as I think it feels and looks very cheap. I think the packaging could be made slightly smaller as well, and the foam sponge inside the pot which stops the pearls from moving could be made smaller too. I know a lot of bronzing/face pearls have this foam sponge in the pots but others are a lot smaller than this one. The pearls look nice and it's nice that there are two different shades of pearls in the pot. The pearls look shimmery but don't look glittery or too sparkly which I was pleased about as I hate my skin looking glittery or sparkly. I found that when swirling the brush in the pot amongst the pearls you get a good amount of product on the brush ready to apply and I was actually able to apply the product to both cheeks when swirling the brush in the pot just once. The product swept on easily using a brush and gave a nice glow to my cheeks. I wouldn't have said that the product gives a huge amount of colour to your cheeks but it does give them a slight glow which looks subtle and also natural. Although I did like the results of the product I didn't think it was a good as my current product that I use to highlight my cheeks and other areas. The Avon one is very subtle which is nice for a day look, but if applying this for an evening out I would probably use my previous brand. The product was long lasting and was kind to my skin and I was able to remove it easily at the end of the day. In terms of value I do think the product is a little pricey, in comparison to other brands that are available to buy in stores such as Boots and Superdrug. I will continue to use this product as it does make my skin look healthy, but I don't think I would buy it again straight away. (review also on ciao)

08.03.2014 09:41

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lush Space Girl

= = = = = = The Product = = = = = = I am review a bath bomb called Space Girl which I purchased this week from Lush. I saw this product in my local Lush store but I ended up ordering this from the Lush website (www.lush.co.uk) as I wanted to order some other products from there. I loved the look and the name of this particular bath bomb which is why I purchased it in the first place. This bath bomb has a sweet, fruity fragrance and contains grapefruit oil which is refreshing and uplifting. This also clarifies and tones the skins whilst the bergamot makes you feel relaxed and mildly euphoric. Space girl is a good sized bath bomb which is the shape of a planet, hence the name 'Space Girl'. This product looks pretty with a main colour of purple and a splattered pattern of red. It then has a generous sprinkling of fine gold glitter to make it sparkle and out of this world. As I ordered the product from the Lush website it came in a sealed plastic bag which was clear. It also had a label on the bag stating what the product is. If you purchase this from the website the product will probably be placed into an open paper bag. I carefully opened the plastic bag and smelt inside so I could get a scent of the product. Although they describe this product as having a fruity scent I personally thought that the scent resembled the smell of sherbet. I rather liked the smell of the product and was looking forwards to using it later in my bath. = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = I purchased this product from the Lush website along with some of their other products. You can also purchase this product from Lush stores as well. The product is priced at £2.25 which I think is very reasonable for this bath bomb as it's a good size and feels quite weighty. = = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = = Simply drop the bath bomb into a bath of warm water and watch it spin round as it crackles and fizzes away to reveal an out of space looking bath. As this product is quite weighty I was expecting it sink to the bottom of the bath and stay there, how-ever as soon as I dropped it into the bath it hit the bottom and then came back up again and immediately started crackling and fizzing away. The crackling in the bath bomb is popping candy which they describe as space dust. I enjoyed watching the bath bomb spin around in the bath turning the water a bright red colour. You can really hear the bath bomb as it fizzes away furiously in the bath. As the bath bomb continued to fizz away it released a purple colour into the bath water. Within a few minutes the bath bomb had completely disappeared leaving the bath water a gorgeous deep pink colour once the red and purple colours has mixed together. The bathroom was also now full with a gorgeous fruity scent that no longer really smelt like sherbet, but it smelt fresh and pleasant. The scent wasn't really strong, but it was definitely there. I got into the bath and relaxed in the coloured water for a while. The water felt soft on my skin and although the bath bomb contained a find dusting of gold glitter I couldn't really see this in the water. I had a wash and relaxed further in the bath taking in the subtle fruity smell. I have quite sensitive skin and also suffer from some dry patches every now and again on the area behind my knees but this product seemed to be kind and gentle to my skin and didn't cause it any irritation. After getting out of the bath and patting my skin dry there wasn't any actual scent on my skin, but this didn't bother me anyway. I have to admit that I don't think this made a huge difference to my skin but my skin didn't feel dry or irritated. = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = I only purchased this bath bomb as I loved the space look of it and also the name of the product. The bath bomb sounded pretty good and I love the way it was described on the website with space dust. The bath bomb itself looks nice and I think it also looks attractive as well. The dusting of fine glitter over the top definitely gives it a sparkly space feel. When smelling the product before putting it in the bath I really liked the smell as it really did remind me a little of sherbet. I have to admit that this is the only bath bomb I have used so far that I have enjoyed watching it fizz away and swirl around in the bath as it melted. The fizzing to the bath bomb is louder than others which I liked. I loved the way the product turned the water a bright red first and towards the end it started to turn purple which then mixed with the red creating gorgeous deep pink coloured bath water. Although the scent to this bath bomb wasn't really strong the fruity scent could still be smelt which was nice. I did feel relaxed when in the bath and the product was soft and gentle on my skin and didn't cause any irritation. The scent of the product didn't stay on my skin and I don't feel as though there was a huge difference in terms of the feel of my skin, but the product didn't irritate my skin which was good. In terms of value I think the product is very reasonable and I would definitely consider purchasing this product again as I loved the way it fizzed away in the bath and I love how relaxing it was. (review also on ciao)

07.03.2014 09:22

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lush Melting Marshamallow Bath Melt

= = = = = = The Product = = = = = = I am reviewing a product called Marshmallow Moment which is a product from Lush. I recently treated myself to some Lush products after being very disappointed with most of the products I purchased from Bomb Cosmetics the other month. With a gorgeous sweet scent of dolly mixtures and candy floss, this product is popular with children of all ages. The gentle moisture-infusing ingredients are ideal for young, delicate or irritated skins. Apparently this product has the same scent as Lush's Snow Fairy shower gel and The Godmother soap, so if you like these product then you should like this one as well. Lush have used a powder made from the roots of the marshmallow herb, which was used in traditional medicine on cuts, abrasions and skin irritations, to help this melt into your bathwater. The Chamomile powder creates a calming infusion that's gentle on the skin and is relaxing, while marigold powder helps reduce redness and skin irritation. The product is round in shape and looks quite chunky. It's quite large at the bottom and gets slightly narrower towards to the top. It has a flat top and bottom to it. The product is a bright pink colour and smells divine, almost good enough to eat. It smells of sweet marshmallows and candy floss and I couldn't actually stop smelling the product it smelt so good. As I purchased the product from the Lush website it came sealed in a clear plastic wrapper with a label on the front stating what the product was. It also tells you a little about the product, how to use it and it also lists the ingredients as well. When you purchase this from a Lush store, it will probably be put into a paper bag. = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = I purchased the product from the Lush website for £3.95 which is for a 100g of the product. You can also purchase this in Lush stores as well. I only purchased this form the website as I wanted to order a few other things from the website at the same time. = = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = = As this product is quite big you probably could cut it in half and use it for two baths; however they don't suggest doing this so I decided to use the product in one go. After running your bath they suggest floating the product on the top of the water for the ultimate, frothy, pink candy bathing experience. I dropped the product gently into the bath and it sunk to the bottom straight away and started fizzing away slowly and silently. Although they suggest floating the product on the top of the water in order to do this, you would need to hold it there and I didn't fancy bending over the bath for the next few minutes whilst it fizzed away. After about 4-5mins I went back and checked on the product. I could see that it was still fizzing slightly in the bottom of the bath. The water had now turned a light pink colour and the bathroom had a gorgeous scent of sweet candy floss. I reached into the bath and saw that there was only a little of the product left to finish melting so I carefully stepped into the bath. I relaxed in the bath for a good 10mins before washing myself. The water was soft against my skin and I could feel that the water contained butters. The water wasn't oily or greasy which is good. As I relaxed in the bath I took in the gorgeous scents from the product which I found nice and also relaxing. Although the bathroom was full with a sweet scent I didn't find it too sickly or overpowering, it was just right. The product had caused the water to go a little frothy which was nice as I was able to rub this over my skin. After relaxing a little longer in the bath after having a wash I pulled the plug out and patted my skin dry. After patting my skin dry I noticed that my skin felt slightly softer than it normally would if I hadn't of used this product. There wasn't a huge different to my skin but it did make it feel nice and smooth. My skin didn't smell sweet like the scent of the product but this didn't bother me anyway as I was going to apply moisturiser. The good thing about this product is that it was kind to my skin. I have sensitive skin and have a dry patch on the area behind my knee, but this product didn't irritate it at all. = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = I have to admit that I was really looking forwards to trying this product after the products I tried from Bomb Cosmetics were so disappointing. I did have high hopes of this product due to Lush being a popular and well-known brand. I also noticed that this product has lots of good reviews about it, so I was expecting it to be good. Although this product looks simple I love the bright pink colour of it which would appeal to a lot of people and also little girls. The bright pink colour is the first thing you notice about the product and then when I smelt the product I couldn't believe how good it actually smelt. The product has a gorgeous sweet scent that smells of candy and I found this scent absolutely divine. As soon as I opened the plastic wrapper that the product came in the sweet smell wafted out. The product does fizz away slowly in the bath unlike a bath bomb which tends to fizz away a lot quicker. Unlike the majority of the products from Bomb Cosmetics, this one filled the bathroom with a delicious candy scent. The scent may sound a little sickly to some but it actually wasn't overpowering and I didn't find it too sweet or sickly. I did find the bath relaxing and I found the water felt nice and soft against my skin. The froth which was created by the product felt nice against my skin and felt smooth and silky. I like that the scent of the product stayed smelling great all the time whilst I was in the bath. Although there wasn't a huge different to my skin it did make it feel soft and smooth. In terms of value I think the product is a little pricey but I would definitely purchase it again.

06.03.2014 00:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

Body Shop Almond Body Butter

= = = = = = The Product = = = = = = I am reviewing Almond Body Butter which I purchased from The Body Shop before Christmas. I stocked up on a lot of products when getting sent a discount code via e-mail. This normally saves me a lot of money and because I stock up on products I never need to buy anymore products for a good few months. I liked the sound of the product and it sounded as though it was going to be good for my skin which is sometimes dry. Looking on the body shop website now this product is actually no longer available, which is a shame as I found it very good. This almond butter is suitable for normal/dry skin. It comes in a round tub; just like the other body butters and this one is a beige colour. On the top of the lid is a round label with almonds on and it also states what the product is. The lid unscrews to reveal the body butter in the bottom half of the tub. On the very bottom of the tub is a label which tells you a little about the product. This opens to reveal a list of ingredients used in this particular butter. When unscrewing the lid you can see that the body butter is a creamy/off white colour and it has the gorgeous scent of almonds. I have to admit that the scent actually reminded me a little of marzipan but I didn't mind this. As the product is no longer available to purchase on The Body Shop website, the only other place you may be able to get some would probably be eBay or possibly and outlet store. I didn't pay full price for the product because I used a discount code anyway. I believe that this product was in the January sales after Christmas. = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = I always apply a moisturiser or body butter to my skin after a bath or shower. After patting my skin dry I got ready to apply this body butter. Using my fingers I scooped a good amount of the butter out of the tub and rubbed it between my hands a little which warmed it and made it a slightly thinner and smoother consistency. I then applied this to my arms and shoulders. I found that once the body butter had warmed up it was really easy to apply and I was able to smooth it over my skin easily. It didn't take long to rub the body butter into my arms and shoulders. I scooped out a little more of the product and rubbed this into the rest of my body. I found that the body butter warms up really nicely when rubbing it between your hands and then applying it but I found that the butter melts slightly on the skin anyway which makes it easier to rub in. The butter felt smooth and silky on my skin and it didn't take too long to sink in. When applying the butter I could smell the gorgeous almond scent of the product which I really liked. The scent wasn't too strong or overpowering and it didn't become sickly either. After applying the product I got changed into my night clothes and read for a while. It was probably at least an hour before I actually got into bed and went to sleep. By this time the body butter had really absorbed into my skin and it was feeling hydrated and smooth. When waking up the following morning, I was pleased to see that there were no greasy marks on the bed sheets from the butter; although I didn't really expect this anyway as the butter didn't feel greasy on my skin. I was surprised when waking up in the morning that my skin still had the very slight hint of almond to it which was quite nice as a lot of scents from lotions and other products tend to disappear overnight. When looking and feeling my skin it felt hydrated and felt really smooth and soft. I was impressed at just how smooth and soft it actually felt. My skin also looked hydrated and healthy and due to this I felt as though it had a slight glow to it as well. I have used lots of other body butters from The Body Shop before and this has to definitely be one of the 2nd best one's I have tried as it just left my skin feeling so smooth and soft. My skin felt great for the next 24hrs at least and the dry patches I did have weren't as itchy and didn't feel as dry or scaly as they had before applying this product. = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = I am really glad that I purchased this product and got a chance to buy it before Body Shop stopped selling it. I am surprised that they no longer sell this product as it's really moisturising and kind to my skin. I have also read other reviews about this product and everyone seems to love it which surprises me that they don't sell the product anymore. Although I have been impressed with the majority of the body butters I have tried from The Body Shop as this was a new one I wasn't sure what to expect really. The almond body butter is very moisturising and I was impressed and also a little surprised at just how moisturising it really was. Even though the scent of the product reminds me a little of Marzipan I love the scent and like that the scent sticks to my skin and could be smelt slightly the following morning. As this product is so moisturising there is no need to apply it more than once a day as I find that it keeps your skin feeling and looking nice all day and night. I do find that a little of the product goes a long way, especially once it has been warmed up a little between your hands. I like that the butter isn't greasy and didn't take ages to soak into my skin and I could more or less feel the results soon after applying the butter to my skin. In terms of value, when I purchased it I can't really complain as I didn't pay full price for it anyway due to a voucher I had. If Body Shop still sold this product I would definitely purchase it again and I would highly recommend it to others. I am hoping that this product may come back, even if it is for a limited period. This is just a gorgeous butter that is really moisturising and gentle on my skin. (review may also appear on ciao)

04.03.2014 14:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

The Body Shop Coconut Body Lotion

= = = = = = = The Product = = = = = = = I am reviewing Coconut Milk Body Lotion which is by The Body Shop. This product is a lightweight lotion and smells like fresh coconuts. It hydrates normal to dry skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. I have tried lots of body lotions and body butters from The Body Shop but I was yet to try this product, which I purchased just before Christmas when I had a discount code to use online. I tend to stock up on body Shop products when I get sent discount codes as it saves quite a bit of money which is always good. I have plenty of products that I need to use up before I even think about buying anymore, which probably won't be until the middle of the year. Although my boyfriend doesn't like coconut, I quite like the scent and this product has good reviews about it which is also what prompted me to purchase it. This lotion claims to be light and easily absorbed and it has a lovely fresh coconut scent to it. The lotion comes in a clear bottle and it clearly states on the front what the product is and who it's made by. There is also a small picture of a coconut on the front as well. On the back of the bottle is a label which tells you a little about the product and peels open to reveal a list of ingredients. As the bottle is clear you can see the lotion inside the bottle which is white in colour. Although this product is a lotion the bottle has a spray pump dispenser to it, which made me think that the product is more of a body milk rather than a thicker lotion like the other lotions from The Body Shop. The spray dispenser has a plastic cap which covers it to protect it when not in use. = = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = = I purchased this from The Body Shop website when I had a discount code. The lotion is priced at £8.00 which is for a 250ml bottle of the lotion. You can also purchase this from The Body Shop high street stores as well. = = = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = = = I always apply a moisturiser to my body after having a bath/shower to keep my skin looking and feeling great. I do actually try to apply a moisturiser twice a day; how-ever I don't always get round to doing this. After getting out of the bath I patted my skin dry and then got ready to apply the product. The dispenser on this bottle was different to the other body lotions I have used before which are either pump dispensers or have a hole in the top of the bottle to enable you to get the product out. I removed the clear cap and then got ready to spray the product into my hand. I was able to grip the bottle well and press down on the pump a few times to dispense the lotion. I personally wouldn't call this a lotion as it's quite thin and is not at all thick like you would expect from a lotion. The lotion is white in colour, which I already knew from the clear bottle. As the lotion is thin, it doesn't take long to rub into your skin. As I rubbed the lotion into my skin it felt smooth and also slightly cooling which was nice. I could smell the coconut scent from the lotion which was nice and light. I continued to spray the lotion into my hand and apply all over my body. I did find that the bottle can be a little slippery to hold after applying some of the lotion so you may want to keep a towel handy so you can wipe your hands each time you need to press down on the pump spray to dispense some more. With this product I found that it absorbed into my skin quite quickly, probably because it was so thin in comparison to some of the other body lotions which have a slightly thicker consistency to them. My skin looked bright and radiant and it also looked moisturised and healthy. This made me feel great because my skin looked great. When touching my skin it felt smooth and soft; although I don't think it felt as soft as it does when using the Shea Body Lotion from The Body Shop. After applying the product all over my body it does give your skin a nice, light coconut scent which smells quite refreshing. After going to sleep and waking up the smell wasn't as obvious, although it could still be smelt a little. = = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = = I have only used one other product in the Coconut range which was the Lip Butter, and after liking this so much I decided to try the coconut body lotion. I had tried so many of the other body lotions from The Body Shop, so I thought I would give this one a go as well to see if it was as good as some of the others. I was a little surprised that the product has a totally different dispenser in comparison to some of the others which made me think that this product was more like a body milk that an actual lotion. Although the packaging to the product is simple I like it as you can see when you are running out of the product so you know when to buy some more. Despite the product being much runnier and thinner than what I would call and actual lotion it was easy to apply. The lotion felt smooth on my skin and cooled my skin which was nice. This would especially be nice during the summer. The lotion does have a gorgeous light coconut scent which smells nice, and the scent does stay on your skin for a while before disappearing completely. The lotion definitely moisturised my skin and made it much smoother and softer than it would normally feel when getting out of the bath but I don't feel as though it was as moisturising as a thicker lotion such as the Shea Body Lotion from. In terms of value the lotion is a little pricey which is why I always tend to purchase products when on offer or when I have a discount code to use online. As my boyfriend doesn't like coconut, I only use this product when I am at home so that he doesn't smell it on my skin. This is a nice lotion that feels extremely light on the skin but it's not a favourite of mine and I don't think I would purchase it again. (review also on ciao)

• hollisterco.com / Online Shop / 40 Readings / 36 Ratings
                          03.03.2014 16:23

Advantages

Disadvantages

Hollister Online Clothing Website.

= = = = = = = = About Hollister = = = = = = = = Hollister is a brand that I have only become familiar with over the past 2 years due to them opening a shop in my local town. When first looking at Hollister they remind me a little of the Superdry brand due to the look and So Cal inspired clothing which is high quality. I have to admit that when first looking in my local store I wasn't that impressed with the items but recently the brand has been growing on me. Hollister do a huge range of clothing for men and woman which includes jackets, sweatshirts, T-shirts, dresses, coats, shirts, jeans, trousers, accessories and more. Although I think they are a very similar brand to Superdry, Hollister range of clothing is slightly cheaper than Superdry, although some items still seem a little pricey for what they are. Hollister are also part of Abercrombie & Fitch which many of you have already heard of it. I didn't really have any idea on what to buy my boyfriend for Christmas, so I decided to look in my local Hollister store for something I had seen on the website. Unfortunately the staff wasn't very helpful in store and didn't really know what they were looking for despite printing off the item code and picture of the item so I thought I would order the item from the Hollister website instead. = = = = = = = = The Website = = = = = = = = I personally think the website is a little dull looking at they seem to use quite dull colours on the main page. At the moment the main thing you see on the website when it loads (which didn't take long) is information about their sale which they called 'The Epic Winter Sale'. They also have 30% off entire purchases on the website, but I presume that this doesn't already include discounted and sale items. The offers sound pretty good and also very tempting. At the top of the page is the Hollister logo which is a red bird which I personally thinks look like a seagull. Underneath this are different categories which include Dudes, Bettys, Jeans, So Cal Looks, HCO Life and there is also a search bar if you know the name or the code of the item you are looking for. In the top right hand corner is Sign In, Wish List, and Shopping Bag & Checkout. When scrolling down the main webpage it also advertises men's and also ladies jeans and shows you someone in a pair or men and a pair of ladies jeans. You can click on this to shop for jeans. When scrolling down further it tells you that there is free shipping on all orders over £50 and that there are also new spring styles. At the very bottom of the webpage you can find other information such as Help, Privacy & Terms and About Us. Here you can find information about Hollister and read about shipping and return information as well. Obviously when clicking on 'Dude's' this gives you a list of men's clothing and clicking on the 'Bettys', gives you a list of woman clothing. The different categories of clothing for each will come up on the left hand side so you can then choose to browse sweaters, shirts, hoodies, jeans, leggings and more. When clicking on one of these categories it will then bring up all the items in that category. The pictures of the items are actually quite bright and you can then see the colour and the style of the item and it also displays the price of the item as well. If the item is available in different colours it will show you the other colours available underneath that particular item. Although all the items comes up on the one page but you can click on the item for a better view of it and to read information about the item and to also see the available sizes that the item comes in as well. They tend to have the items in different sections for example when clicking on shirts it comes up with Plaid Shirts first and then the second section is Fashion Shirts and then Denim Shirts followed by Classic Shirts. = = = = = = Shopping = = = = = = To add items to your basket you will need to click on the item to view it on one page. This will bring up a bigger picture of the item and also the available sizes and colours. It also tells you what price the item is and if the item is reduced it will display the previous and the reduced price. To add the item to your shopping basket simply choose the colour and the size and then 'Add to Bag'. If you click on a different colour option it should show you this colour on the page before you can add it to your basket. I believe most of their sizes are S, M and L so its guess work really on what size you think you will be. I decided to go for a size M in a hoodie as I didn't want it too tight but at the same time didn't want it too loose either. There is a size chart next to each item that you view so you can always check this as well for a more accurate fit. Once you add an item to your basket it should say on the top right corner in brackets under 'Shopping Bag' how many items you have in there. If you hover over this it brings up what you have in there and the size and price of the item. For a better view and to remove item you can click on where it says 'Shopping Basket', and the whole page shows you your shopping basket. Here you can add more quantities of items remove items and also change the size of the items in your basket. You can then proceed to the checkout or continue shopping if you want to add more items to your basket. You have the option of using a PayPal checkout or for other options simply choose 'Checkout'. = = = = = = Checkout = = = = = = When proceeding with your order you will then need to enter your Shipping Information. If the order is over £50 they will charge you £10 for standard delivery. You can choose to have the item sent next day which is £20. This seems a little steep to me; how-ever later I learnt that it's because they ship from the Netherlands which explains the high postage costs. I actually spent over £50 so luckily it was free delivery for me anyway. The delivery due date was the 23rd Dec so I was unsure whether I would have this in time for Christmas or not, but I wasn't going to pay £20 postage! When filling in the shipping information all the items in your basket and the total cost including shipping is shown to the right hand side. You can still edit or remove items from your basket here as well. You will then be taken to the next screen which is the payment screen. They accept practically any card so you need to choose this from the drop down menu and simply enter all the card details in order to pay for the items. Once you have done this and double checked everything simply click on the 'Look's Good. Place My Order' button to process the order. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Confirmation E-mails/Delivery = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = After placing the order I received an e-mail confirmation with all my details which included what I had ordered and the total cost of the items including delivery. There was also an estimated delivery date and it said that I would receive another e-mail when the items has been despatched. I actually received the despatch e-mail 3 days after placing the order which is didn't think was too bad. I still didn't expect to get the items in time for Christmas. On the e-mail was a tracking number so is could track the whereabouts of my parcel. The item had been sent via UPS so I was able to see when it had been loaded onto the delivery truck ready to be delivered to me. I actually received the delivery by UPS approximately 5 working days after receiving the despatch e-mail. This meant that I had it in time for Christmas which was brilliant. I wasn't sure if my boyfriend was going to like what I purchased as I was taking a chance on the item, how-ever if he didn't then I could get a refund or exchange anyway. The items came together in a box and were packaged very neatly. They were also in their own clear cellophane bags. There was an invoice and a returns label with the items which confirmed my order and the price I paid for the items as well. The zip up hoodie I ordered myself fit me perfectly but the top I got my boyfriend looked a little small. Fingers crossed that it was going to fit him! = = = = = = = = = = Quality of Clothing = = = = = = = = = = The quality of the clothing is actually very good and both the items I ordered were very well made without any visible flaws or problems with them. I have already worn the hoodie a few times and I find it very comfortable and a nice fit. I normally go for a size 12 in hoodies and zip up tops like this which is why I went for the Medium which proved to be a good choice as it fit like a size 12 hoodie would in another shop. The material used to make the hoodie is a good thickness, although not as thick material as what they use to make Superdry hoodies. The hoodie looks great with jeans or even trackies when going to and from the gym. I have found that the item washes well too without shrinking or falling apart. = = = = = = = = = = = Refunds/Exchanges = = = = = = = = = = = Unfortunately the jacket didn't fit my boyfriend and he decided that he didn't actually like it either so it meant is had to return the item for a refund/exchange. Despite having a Hollister in my local town I wasn't able to exchange or get a refund for the item there, which I was gutted about! I had also thrown away the returns label so had to send them an e-mail to find out about sending the items back for a refund. I should have read the refund/exchange information before buying the items as I just presumed I was able to send them back to my local store for a refund. . How wrong was I!? I got sent an address where I needed to send the item back to along with the original invoice which I had no problem doing, although i then got told that this place in Leeds then send the item to the Netherlands where it came from and then I get my refund. They also told me that they take off £9.00 from my refund for doing this. I was a bit unsure how this worked so I spoke to someone on their online chat and the person I spoke to wasn't very helpful. They said to me even if I send the item tracked post to the address in Leeds it won't be tracked once it gets sent from Leeds to the Netherlands! My immediate thought was so what happens if the item gets lost!? I then got told it could take up to 21 days for the refund to be processed. I thought this was a bit of a faff so I went online to chat again to ask for the address in the Netherlands so I could send the parcel there myself by courier and at least that way I would have the tracking information and confirmation that it for there. When speaking to someone online all they would give me was the Leeds address which wasn't what I wanted. I explained this to them and their reply was 'That's the address my manager just gave me!' I then asked why I wasn't able to make the return to my local store and his reply was 'My manager doesn't know why!'. I could see I wasn't really getting anywhere and I was getting rather frustrated as well. I again asked for the Netherlands address after explaining to him again and he once again gave me the Leeds address. I also checked that I was able to send the item back without the cellophane bag that it originally came in and I got told it was fine. I ended the chat as I was becoming rather ratty by the whole situation. To my surprise a good few minutes later I received a reply to my original e-mail with the address for the Netherlands. . Hooray! Although it was going to cost me a good £10 at least to send this item to the Netherlands I thought it would get there a lot quicker than it would if I had, had to send it to Leeds first and then wait for them to send it to Netherlands. I also wanted to pay the extra to ensure that I had a tracking number for the item as well. As I was now sending the item by my own means, this would mean that they shouldn't take the £9.00 off of me when giving me a refund. I packaged my item up in a box with the invoice and a short covering letter just in case and waited for the item to be collected by UPS to be delivered to the Netherlands. As soon as I got confirmation that the item had been delivered, I was going to wait a few days in order to give them time to process my refund. = = = = = = = = = = = = Receiving the Refund = = = = = = = = = = = = The return item was received by them on Tuesday 7th January as I had this confirmation from UPS and also the name of the person whom signed for it. I decided to e-mail them on the Friday to see how long it would be before I would get a refund. When looking on their website there is no 'Contact Us' option so I was going to have reply to one of the previous e-mails from them. I got a reply back within 24hrs saying that my email had been passed onto the appropriate department and I would hear back from them within 24-48hrs. As it was almost the weekend I didn't expect to have a reply until Monday at least. I did actually receive an e-mail back late afternoon Friday to say that it can take up to 3wks to process my refund. I have no idea why it would take so long to process a refund, but it looked as though I had no choice but to wait for another few weeks. I waited until dead on 3 weeks since they had the item to e-mail them back again with regards to when I could expect my refund. Although I didn't have a choice but to wait for the 3wks they told me to, I was also a little annoyed at having to wait so long, especially as the jacket I sent back cost me around £60! I also went onto the Hollister website and tracked the order which was originally sent to me. When looking at this information they had, the return item was processed on the 21st January. It was now the 27th January so I would have thought the refund would have gone into my account soon. I did check my balance and the refund wasn't in there so I was just going to have to wait for a reply to my e-mail that I sent earlier. On the 28th January I had still received no reply from my e-mail so I went onto the Hollister website to chat to them with regards to my refund. When chatting to the person on the online chat he told me that they had not received my item. I told him that this was clearly wrong because on the Hollister website when trying to track my original order it said that they had indeed received my return item on the 21st Jan. He told me that until I received an e-mail saying that had received the item then they hadn't received it. He gave me a telephone number, which at 14p per minute I wasn't very happy ringing but did anyway. The man on the phone told me that they had received my order and that a refund was processed today but that it may take 3-4 working days to show into my account. Finally . . . I had actually got somewhere, although I wasn't holding out any hope until I actually received the refund in my account. I received an e-mail later that evening saying that a refund had been processed for the amount of £39.20 and would appear in my account within 3-5 working days. I was not happy with this as I paid £47.20 for the item and I returned it by my own means, so they didn't occur any postage costs. This was getting a bit ridiculous now!! I e-mailed them back to ask them why I wasn't going to be refunded the full amount I paid and would have to yet again await for a reply. I received an e-mail back quite quickly apologising for this mistake and that they would refund the full amount of £47.20. Now all I had to do was to wait for the refund to appear in my account which could take 3-5 working days. Two days later when checking my bank balance I saw that I had indeed received a refund from Hollister of £39.20. I was hoping that the rest of the money for the refund would appear in my account by the end of the week. Sure enough the rest of my money appeared in my account by the end of the week. = = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = = When ordering from the website, I didn't realise what I was letting myself in for. In terms of using the website and receiving the item that part was fine and I was pleased at how quick the items got to me just in time for Christmas as I didn't expect them until after. It was easy to add items to my basket change or take out items and choose the correct size and colour of items. The items were well packed in a box with an invoice in it, which clearly had return details on it. I was stupid and threw this away as I presumed it would fit my boyfriend and I also presumed that he would like it. Had I of realised the hassle it was to return this item I would never have purchased anything from the website in the first place. I suppose this is partly my fault as I should have checked this information before ordering from there. Their returns process is a little awkward not to mention annoying. I think I was quite patient with the returns process and did manage to hold out for the 3wks as suggested by someone in a reply to one of the e-mails I sent. The thing which annoyed me the most is the rubbish lack of communication as when e-mailing them after 3wks of having my return items I received no reply at all. The online chat people aren't very helpful either and tell you something totally different to what is actually going on which I found out when ringing the number I was given. I was pleased that the man on the phone was able to answer my enquiry quickly and gave me some idea when the refund would be back into my account. This whole experience did make me rather angry and also very annoyed. Due to this, I will never be ordering anything from the Hollister website ever again. As an online store, I wouldn't recommend it as even if you receive a faulty item you still can't go into your local store to exchange it which means you will have to go through the hassle of sending it back and waiting at least 3kws for a change or a refund like I did. After doing a little research on the internet it seems as though a lot of people have had problems with Hollister in general with rude staff and quality of items not being up to the expectations. With all these things combined I think I would rather spend my money elsewhere, or just save it! My experience may have been a one off but it's put me shopping here off for life!! (review also on ciao)

25.02.2014 22:44

Advantages

Disadvantages

Avon True Colour Quad

= = = = = = The Product = = = = = = I am reviewing an eye shadow quad which is by Avon. This particular eye shadow is called True Colour and has a total of 4 different colours in one set. This crease-proof eye shadow provides vivid colour in just one sweep. Due to the numbers on each of the eye shadows it makes it easy to create expert eye looks. The eye shadow quad comes in total of 11 different shades, each of which can be used to shade and highlight your eyes. My sister actually had some lovely eye shadow on just before Christmas and when asking her what it was, she told me it was the Avon True Colour Quad. She gave me a book to look at so I decided to order one of the eye shadow sets amongst other things. As with most Avon products the eye shadow set comes in a black box stating what it is on the front. The box opens to enable you to get the actual compact out which contains the eye shadow. I noticed there was some print on the inside of the box and this tells actually tells you how to apply the product. This information is in quite a few different languages. When taking the compact out I was a little surprised at how light-weight it was. I was expecting it to be slightly heavier than what it was. The main compact is black and has a shiny look to it. The words 'Avon' are embossed onto the top of the compact. On the bottom of the compact it tells you the name of the shade of the set which in this case is 'Stone Taupes'. When opening the compact this reveals a nice large squared mirror which sits nicely inside the lid. There are a total of 4 different eye shadows, two of which are square and the other two which are rectangular in shape. There is a double ended applicator which sits to the right of the eye shadows. This had a large applicator on one end and a smaller one on the other. Each eye shadow has a number engraved on it so you know how to apply the product. The eye shadows all look lovely colours and I felt positive that I was going to be able to use these to create the perfect look. = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = I ordered this from the Avon book where it's priced at £9.00 which I didn't think was too bad for the set considering it contains 4 different coloured eye shadows. If you don't have an Avon book you can order it from the online Avon shop which is www.avonshop.co.uk. The eye shadow quads come in the following shades/colours: * Emerald Cut * Jeans * Mocha Latte * Purple Haze * Stone Taupes * Urban Skyline * Glow Teal * Metal Eyes * Mod Muse * Savage Beauty * Unrestrained = = = = = = = = = Using the Product = = = = = = = = = As with all eye shadows and eye products I would recommend using a primer on your eye lids which will help to make your eye shadow last longer. I started off using shade 2 and 3. You can use either one of these on their own or blend them together. Shade 2 was a light shimmery brown colour and shade 3 was a darker shimmery brown colour. I applied shade 2 first and then blended shade 3 over the top. Although shade 3 looks quite dark it doesn't look so dark when applying it. I found that the eye shadows were quite soft when rubbing the sponge applicator over the colours. The colour transfers onto the applicator easily and I found the eye shadow easy to apply, although some did drop down onto the area beneath my eye. Luckily I hadn't applied any foundation so I was able to wipe this off using a facial cleansing wipe. Shade 1 is a slightly shimmery pink colour and is used to highlight your eyes. They suggest applying this just beneath the brow area. I used the slightly smaller end of the applicator to apply this. This definitely highlighter the brow area but you do need to be careful not to apply too much as it can look a little over the top. The last shade to apply was the darkest shade of all, which is marked number 4. This shade is used to define the eyes. This particular colour is a very dark brown and isn't as shimmery looking as the other colour in the compact. I used the thinner/smaller end of the sponge applicator to apply this along the upper and lower lash line. This would define my eyes and hopefully finish off the look. This colour was also easy to apply and is as dark as on as it looks in the compact. This blended slightly with the colours used on the eye lid to make the line appear slightly softer. I did have to neaten up the eye shadow which was applied to my lower lash line but this was done easily using a cleansing facial wipe which I used earlier when applying the eye shadow. I finished off the look with a few coats of mascara to my lashes. = = = = Results = = = = After applying the product and finishing off the look with a few coats of mascara I looked in the mirror to have a good look at the results. I have to admit the eye shadow didn't look as dark as I thought it would; although the colour that I used to define my eyes looked great. The colour I used to highlight the brow area was a lot more noticeable than I thought when applying it and at first I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. The lighter colour used to highlight does make the brow and general eye area slightly brighter. I actually chose this particular set of colours because brown eye shadows are meant to be more suited for blue eyed people. I did find that the eye shadow bought out the colour in my eyes. I actually really liked the finished results of the eye shadow. I went to work as normal and would check on my make up later on during the day. I hoped because I had used a lid primer that the eye shadow would stay put all day. During the afternoon when popping to the ladies toilet I did have a good check in the mirror to see how the eye shadow was looking. It hadn't creased which I was impressed by and it still looked pretty good and all in place. The darker colour which was near my lower lash line looked a little lighter, although it was still noticeable so there was no need to re-apply anything. During the day I didn't experience any problems with my eyes such as dryness or any reaction from using the eye shadow which I was glad about as I do have sensitive eyes. A good 5-6hrs later when arriving home from work and getting ready to take off the eye shadow I was impressed to see that the majority of the eye shadow was still looking great and had lasted throughout the day. I always use Simple Cleansing Wipes to remove any make up and I found that the eye shadow was removed from my eyes easily without having to really rub at them. = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = I haven't ordered anything from Avon for a long time so I didn't really know much about this product until my sister told me about it when asking her what eye shadow it was she was wearing. She actually gave me an Avon book to look at and pointed out the eye shadow set and when seeing the huge range of colours I thought I would purchase one to see what it was like. I find that some of Avon's products are quite good, but others not so good so I wasn't sure what to expect from this. I was surprised at how lightweight the compact was when removing it from the box and I personally though it looked and felt a little cheap. When opening the compact it looked very nice with all the numbered shadows and with a large mirror in the lid of the compact. The colours in the set were all very nice and I found them easy to apply. I did find the eye shadows quite soft which means they did glide on easily but they were slightly crumbly which meant that some of the eye shadow did fall down beneath the eye area. The finished results when applying the eye shadow was good, especially when finished off with a few coats of mascara. I found that the eye shadow lasted all day without fading or creasing. I did use a lid primer which may explain why the product lasted all day. I am unsure how well this product would last without a primer. The product was kind to my eyes and didn't cause them any irritation and it was really easy to remove at the end of the day as well. In terms of value I do think the product is slightly over-priced because I do think the packaging looks and feel quite cheap and some of the eye shadow colours don't really show very well. This isn't the best eye shadow set I have purchased before but it does the job and what it claims to do. (review will also appear on ciao)

18.02.2014 19:58

Advantages

Disadvantages

Bomb Cosmetics Chocolate & Chilli Candle

= = = = = = The Product = = = = = = I am reviewing the Chilli & Chocolate Candle which I purchased from the Bomb Cosmetics website when ordering a few bath items for myself. This candle appealed to me because I genuinely liked the sound of the candle as I think these would be two interesting flavours mixed together. The tempting chocolate scent opens this sweet smelling candle which has a touch of powdery rose. The rich sweet, sugary heart of the milk chocolate closes with notes of vanilla and balsam. The approximate burn time for this candle is around 35hrs which I think is quite good. The jar that the candle comes in is approximately 8cm high although the candle itself is only 6.5cm high in the glass jar. The candle is a pink in colour and has a good width of wick on the top to enable you to light it easily. There is a small wax heart on the top of the candle which is a dark purple colour. A piece of red paper is wrapped around the outside of the candle and this clearly states what scent the candle is. On the back of this red paper is some information about the candle and it also has the website address of Bomb Cosmetics. The writing on the red paper is a gold colour which gives the candle a nice finish to it. The candle looks nice enough to give as a gift to someone. = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = I purchased the candle from Bomb Cosmetics (www.bombcosmetics.co.uk) for £6.99 which I thought was reasonable. This candle is one of the cheaper candles that Bomb Cosmetics sell. There are lots of other scented glass candles in this range including: * Green Coconut * Harajuku * Marshmallow Root * Parma Violet * Vanilla Fleur * White Chocolate Truffle Please note that this is just a selection. There are lots more other scents to choose from. = = = = = = = = Using the Candle = = = = = = = = Although the candle comes in a glass container this must be placed on a heat resistant surface when burning the candle. For obvious reasons place the candle anyway from flammable materials, draughts and any other sources of heat. They also advise keeping the wick trimmed to 5mm to avoid an enlarged or smoking flame. Before lighting the candle I removed the plastic lid/cover which protects the candle when in transit. This can be thrown away. Before lighting the candle I smelt it and it definitely smells slightly of chocolate but also has another scent to it which I am not sure how to describe. I wasn't sure I liked the smell as it smelt a little musty to me. Despite this I was going to use the candle anyway and hoped that it would smell slightly better when burning than it did now. The wick is very easy to light as it's a good length. The scent from the candle was noticeable within just a few minutes of the candle burning. At first the scent from the candle smelt quite sweet and it did have a nice chocolate scent to it, but then that horrible musty smell I didn't like began to come through and mixed with the chocolate scent. Because the musty scent is slightly stronger than the chocolate this unfortunately overpowers the sweet chocolate scent. The candle gives off a good amount of scent which is quite strong; although I didn't like the scent at all. Due to this I had the candle burning for around 10mins before blowing it out. Thankfully the scent didn't linger for very long. I actually hated this scent so much that I then used a Yankee wax tart afterwards. = = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = = I really liked the sound of this candle and thought I would try it after reading a review about it. The candle sounded quite nice and I liked the idea of the different scents together. The candle itself is very pretty and looks nice and this would actually make a nice small gift for someone. I like the small wax heart which sits on top of the candle and this slowly melts into the wax as the candle burns. I actually didn't like the actual scent of the candle when smelling it before it was lit and although it smelt slightly chocolatey I wasn't too keen on what I would describe as a musty scent that was mixing with the chocolate scent. I hoped that the scent of the candle would be better once lit. I lit the candle and after it had been burning for at least 3-5mins I could start to smell the scent of the chocolate, this was quickly over-taken by the musty scent that I didn't like though which I was a bit disappointed by. Within 10mins the scent had become rather strong and I actually had to blow it out as I thought it smelt really awful. The smell of the candle just wasn't nice and it was refreshing or relaxing in any way. The smell got right up my nose and after blowing the candle out and leaving it to cool I then threw it in the bin as I wasn't going to use it again due to disliking the smell so much. In terms of value the candle isn't bad value so long as the scent is nice and that you like the scent. Although I didn't like this particular scent it hasn't put me off trying another scent in this range. I would recommend these candles but I don't recommend this scent! (review will also appear on ciao)

13.02.2014 23:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Yankee Candle Vanilla Caramel Wax Tart

= = = = = = The Product = = = = = = I am reviewing yet another wax tart from Yankee Candle. This scent is called Vanilla Caramel and I purchased it along with some other scents that are no longer available in the UK. Whether this scent was originally available here in the UK or not I can't be sure. I recently went a little mad on buying wax tarts so have lots to get through, so apologies for all the wax tart reviews I will be posting all over the next few months. This wax tart has the delectable aroma of creamy vanilla ice cream laced with swirls of sugary caramel. To me this wax tart sounded divine; although I was hoping that it wasn't going to be too sweet and overpowering. I love the Salted Caramel scent from Yankee, so I suspected I would probably like this scent as well. As with all Yankee wax tarts, each tart is individually wrapped in clear plastic and has a picture and the name of the scent on the top. The picture on this wax tart is of ice cream that looks as though it has caramel sauce in it. The picture looks as good as the tart sound. On the bottom of the tart, rather than picture it tells you show to and not to use the wax tart. Yankee suggests using this in one of their wax burners but you could probably use it in a different wax burner if you have one suitable. The plastic wrapper comes off the wax tart easily by snipping a small hole in it and peeling it off. I sometimes find the wax tarts can be a little crumbly so I tend to take off the plastic over the top of a bin so not to make too much of a mess. I was hoping I was going to get the full burn time of the wax tart which is 8 hours. I sometimes find that some of the Yankee wax tarts are used up before the full 8hrs is over. The wax tart has a nice light caramel smell to it and I could also smell traces of the vanilla in it as well. I placed the wax tart into the top or the burner and then an unscented tea light and placed it in the bottom of the burner. = = = = = = = = Price/Availability = = = = = = = = I purchased the wax tart from a website called Yankee Scents 4 U (www.yankeescents4u.com) for £1.75 which I thought was reasonable. I didn't see any other products such as any of the jar candles or votive in this scent so it must only be available to purchase in the wax tart. = = = = = = = = = Using the Wax Tart = = = = = = = = = I find that Yankee wax tarts need at least 3-4mins to start melting before you can smell any kind of scent from them. Although the wax tart hadn't melted fully I was able to smell a caramel scent from the wax tart once it was at least half melted. This smelt slightly different to the scent I smelt from the wax tart before placing it into the burner to melt. The caramel scent was slightly stronger and smelt quite sweet. Once the scent became slightly stronger I then got hints of the vanilla amongst the caramel scents, which was I thought was quite nice. The good thing about this scent is that it didn't become too strong at any point during the night and I had it burning for at least an hour if not longer. The colour in the top of the burner isn't very pleasant as it's a light brown colour so doesn't look as pretty as some of the colours of other wax tarts. Although I didn't find the scent to the wax tart horrible, I couldn't actually decide whether I liked it or not. I thought I liked it but then I would change my mind again. This is quite a hard scent to describe as although it smells of caramel it doesn't smell as nice as I expected it to be. When buying a box of caramel chocolates it smells gorgeous, but the wax tart didn't really smell like this. I'm not sure if the wax tart would have smelt better without the vanilla or not. The vanilla certainly takes away some of the caramel smell which may not be a bad thing. This wax tart doesn't smell anything like the salted caramel candle that Yankee do. I suppose the smell does remind me a little of vanilla ice cream with caramel, only the wax tart smells slightly stronger which may be why I am not too sure about it. As with most of Yankee wax tarts the scent from this one filled my room, but didn't really go any further than my door. I didn't find the scent overpowering or sickly, but I was still undecided about it. When blowing the tea light out the caramel scent didn't last very long before disappearing. I thought the scent actually disappeared a lot quicker than what some of the other Yankee scents do. = = = = = = = Overall Opinion = = = = = = = I was really looking forwards to using this wax tart, especially as I like the Salted Caramel Jar scent from Yankee. The wax tart took around the same time it normally would to melt and when it was half way through melting that's when I could start to smell the scent of the product. Although the wax tart did have a definite scent of caramel it also had hints of vanilla in it which was nice as it broke the scent up a little. I thought the scent was quite nice and light at first but once the wax tart had melted totally and the scent became slightly stronger I wasn't too sure about the scent and couldn't decide whether I liked it or not. It's not that the scent was too sweet or was overpowering as I found it was neither of these things, I just couldn't make up my mind whether I really liked it. I had the tea light in the burner going for around an hour or slightly longer and despite having a constant scent from the wax tart I was a still a little unsure about it. The scent from this wax tart disappeared very quickly after blowing out the tea light but because I wasn't sure whether I liked the scent or not this didn't really bother me that much anyway. In terms of value I think the wax tart is reasonable despite being slightly more expensive than some of the UK wax tarts that are available. If you don't like the salted caramel wax tart then you probably won't like this. I'm still not 100% sure about this wax tart and because of that I probably wouldn't purchase it again; although I am glad I got to try it. (review also on ciao)