kiss_me2070

kiss_me2070
  • Comments

Member since: 06.10.2008

16.04.2015 16:34

Advantages

• "nice smell/scent"
      • "hair looks healthy"
      • "hair looks brighter"
      • "hair feels softer"

Disadvantages

• price

Brighter, Blonder and Softer Hair.

PRODUCT: The conditioner contains nourishing ceramides and anti-yellowing, neutralising colour pigments to ensure you hair has bright blone tones. The conditioner is also enriched with soft violet colour pigments and ceramids which help to counteract brassy tones, while leaving hair soft and supple. Your blonde hair will look illuminted, refreshed and revived.

The conditioner comes in a flat-ish plastic bottle which is a light pink/lilac colour. It clearly states on the front of the bottle what the product is and that its for blonde hair. On the back of the bottle it tells you a little about the product, how to use it and it also lists the ingredients as well. The bottle stands on its lid which is a silver colour and this flips back to reveal a small hole in which the product dispenses out of.

PRICE: You can purchase a 150ml bottle of the conditioner from the feel unique website (www.feelunique.com) for £9.60 as this product is currently in the sale.

IN USE: After rinsing out the shampoo in this range I squeezed as much water out of my hair as I could then flipped open the lid to the conditioner. A gentle squeeze on the plastic bottle dispenses a reasonable amount of conditioner. The conditioner is a lot thicker than the shampoo which is to be expected. The conditioner is a lighter shade of purple. I distributed the conditioner in my hair and ensured my hair was covered in the conditioner. I left the conditioner on for 3 minutes then rinsed it out.

The conditioner had a nice, light fragrance to it which smelt nice and clean. I found the conditioner easy to wash out using the shower and my hands to ensure that it was rinsed fully. After rinsing I squeezed as much water out my hair as possible and then wrapped a towel around it for a good 10mins so that my hair wasn't dripping wet when it came round to drying it.

RESULTS: I normally use a wide tooth comb in my hair when it's wet to try and get all the tangles out but to my surprised there wasn't a great deal of tangles in my hair which was good. I could smell the faint smell of the conditioner on my hair which smelt nice and clean. After combing my hair I started to blow dry it until it was almost dry. My hair felt a lot softer than it had done before, which made my hair feel a lot healthier. My hair looked nice and bright and most of the brassy tones had dissapeared now. My hair looked healthy and although it didn't have a huge amount of shine to it, it did have some. As my hair looked and felt good it gave me confidence as well. The product didn't cause any irritation and it didn't caue my hair to become any greasier anymore quicker than normal.

OVERALL: Brighter, Blonder and Softer Hair.

16.04.2015 15:56

Advantages

• "lathers up well "
      • "smells nice"
      • "makes hair brighter"

Disadvantages

• "the colour is a little frightening"
      • "the price"

Helped with my brassy coloured hair.

ABOUT: This shampoo is specifically for blondes and is a brightening shampoo. The shampoo itself is enriched with Ceraflash technology micro-pigments which help to neutralise unwanted yellow tone, whilst the anti-hard water agents remove impurities. Brightness is restored to your hair making it look brighter and healthier. This sounded like the type of shampoo that I needed for my hair so didn’t hesitate in buying it along with the conditioner to go with it. This would hopefully give better results than just using the shampoo on its own.

The shampoo comes in a light pink/lilac coloured bottle and it clearly states on the front what the product is and that it’s for blonde hair. On the back of the bottle is a little information about the product and how to use it. You can find the list of ingredients on the back as well. The lid to the bottle is silver and a small part on the lid lifts up to reveal a hole in which the product dispenses out of.

PRICE: You can purchase a bottle of 250ml Shampoo from the feel unique website (www.feelunique.com) for £8.80 which does seem rather expensive but this is the cheapest place I have seen this product available to purchase.

IN USE: I normally wet my hair and then squeeze the moisture out before applying the shampoo. You need to flip back part of the silver lid on the top of the bottle and this reveals a small whole in which the shampoo dispenses out of. The shampoo seems quite runny and is a bright purple colour, which I wasn't expecting; although having said that I have used similar coloured products for my blonde hair before. I dispensed an amount of shampoo and rubbed it into my wet hair. The shampoo lathered up very well and I could smell a nice fresh scent from the shampoo. After I was happy that all my hair was covered in a decent amount of product I then rinsed it out. The shampoo was easy to rinse out of my hair. On one occasion I decided not to use the conditioner after the shampoo as I wanted to see how good this product was on its own.

The shampoo made my hair feel clean and it smelt nice as well which I liked. My hair was a little knotty but the shampoo hadn't made my hair any knottier than what it normally would. I was able to style and blow dry my hair as normal without any problems. When looking in the mirror after I had dried my hair, my hair did look brighter and less yellow which was good. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw this as I hated my hair looking a brassy colour! I was able to leave my hair 2 days as normal before having to wash it on the third day which is when I would have washed it anyway.

OVERALL: A great shampoo to stop blonde looking brassy.

• Hagen Exo Terra Faunarium / Reptile / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
      13.04.2015 23:22

Advantages

• "suitable for a range of reptiles/invertebrates"
      • "well made"
      • "reasonably priced"
      • "range of sizes"

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

A great value faunarium which comes in a range of different sizes.

ABOUT: Me and my boyfriend have Crested geckos which lay eggs every year and we needed a small home for the hatchlings for when they arrive. Hatchlings aren't meant to be kept together as they can hurt each other, so we would need a few of these in order to keep them seperated from each other. This faunarium by Exo-Terra is perfect for the short-term storage or transport of reptiles and is also a great permanent home for many invertebrates. This is also perfect for taking your reptiles to the vet or when cleaning their terrarium out.

The faunarium comes in Mini, Small, Medium and Large and you can buy flat faunariums which come in Medium and Large. We actually purchased a small one as we would have to put a little foliage and some small food bowls and water in this with the crested gecko. The gecko would hopefully only be in this for a few months until it has been sold. Professional gecko breeders actually use these all the time for their hatchlings so I knew it would be suitable for ours.

PRICE: Prices vary on whichever size you want but I around £4.00 for the Small one which I purchased from www.swellreptiles.co.uk. You can purchase these from eBay but they will cost you at least £6.00 if not more on there.

IN USE: before using the faunarium we always clean it using a reptile safe disinfectant and we ensure that it's rinsed well afterwards and we normally leave it to air dry. The faunarium is made from plastic and seems reasonably strong. The lid has air vents all around it to allow fresh air to get into the faunarium. There is a small lid on the top which is just the right size to enable you to get your hand in and out to change the food or water without causing too much disturbance to the reptile. The faunarium does have a plastic carry handle although we have no reason to really use this.

Whenever we put a hatchling in here with some foliage and other bits and pieces they seem more than happy in here. As crested geckos are climbers they to tend to climb up to the top where the air vents are or they hide in the foliage in the bottom of the faunarium. We haven't come across any issues with this product at all and to be honest we don't really expect to either. In terms of value I think the product is very reasonable and it's just what we needed to keep out baby crested geckos in.

OVERALL: A great value faunarium.

13.04.2015 18:36

Advantages

• "reasonable price"
      • "can be wiped/washed clean"
      • "easy to use"
      • strong

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Good quality and great value cuticle trimmers

PRODUCT: I suffer from something called 'Hang Nail's which a lot of people with dry hands suffer from. These hang nails can sometimes be painful and a little sore and can become slightly infected if they are pulled, which is something I tend to do to get rid of them. I know I really shouldn't do this so I decided to go and purchase some Cuticle trimmers which I can use to trim the hang nails back so that they don't catch on anything and it also stops temptation of me pulling them as well and causing the sides of my fingers to become sore. This stainless steel cuticle trimmer is designed for precise and gentle trimming of excess cuticles. Great care does need to be taken when doing this though.

PRICE: I purchased these from my local Boots store and although I can't remember the exact price, they were no more than about £4.50.

IN USE: Although the product is made from stainless steel they are light-weight to use and easy to hold in your either your left or right hand. The trimmers are nice and strong so are very unlikely to break when using them. The actual part of the trimmer which cuts the cuticle is nice and sharp so it can be cut easily, rather than having to go over the same area again. I find that you don't need to put a lot of pressure on the cuticle trimmer when pushing the handles together in order for them to cut. As the cuticle trimmer is made from stainless steel it means that it can be rinsed off or wiped with a cleansing clot or baby wipe to ensure that they stay nice and clean. This also helps to prevent infection of the cuticle area as well. Whenever I get a hang nail I now use these to clip it rather than pull it, so my fingers and nails look a lot healthier.

OVERALL: Good quality and great value cuticle trimmers.

13.04.2015 11:22

Advantages

• "doesn't leave a residue"
      • soothing
      • moisturising

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Provides long lasting hydration

ABOUT: My lips often feel and look a little dry and sometimes they crack during the night so I like to keep them looking and feeling good by using a decent lip balm. I used to use Vaseline in the past but I find this quite greasy and sometimes a little too heavy on the lips. This lip balm is by Nivea and contains Hydra IQ and alow vera which helps to support the the lip's natural moisturisation leaving a light soft feeling on your lips. The lip balm helps to provide intensive and long lasting moisturisation and is quickly absorbed. It claims to be non-greasy and it contains SPF-15 which protects against both UVA and UVB rays. This lip balm is a stick formula so is easy to apply. It clearly states on the packaging the brand of the product and what it is.

PRICE: You can purchase this from Boots or Superdrug for around £1.58 which I think is very reasonable.

IN USE: The lip balm is clear so it doesn't give your lips a hint of colour or anything like that. The lip balm is easy to apply. Simply turn the bottom of the tube to push the lip balm up a little and then run this gently over your lips. The lip balm feels lovely and smooth and also soothing as I applied it to my lips. My lips instantly felt hydrated and soft. When looking in the mirror I noticed that the lip balm made my lips look slightly glossy which I liked as they looked nice and healthy. The lip balm has no taste or flavour to it. You can apply the product as and when you need to, but obviously eating and drinking will wear the lip balm off so you will probably need to apply it after doing these things. I like that the lip balm doesn't leave a residue on your lips like some others do.

OVERALL: Since using this product my lips have looked and felt a lot better. My lips now look moisturised and less dry.

09.04.2015 19:50

Advantages

• cheap
      • "extra long"
      • strong

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

The Perfect Match!

ABOUT: I am always used scented jar candles and tea-lights so I always have some matches around just in case I happen to run out of fluid in the lights that I normally use. I have some large Yankee jar candles and once burned down about half way it's almost impossible to light the wick unless you have long matches which is the reason for purchasing these in the first place. These matches are extra long safety matches which are perfect for lighting the wicks on the large jar candles which I currently have a home. I am not sure how many matches you get in a pack but you get a large matchbox full of them which is plenty to keep me going for a while. It clearly states on the top of the box what the matches are and it states that they are suitable for open fires, candles and barbecues. For obvious reasons these need to be kept out of reach of children.

PRICE: I purchased a pack of these from my local Sainsburys store for 80p which I thought was very reasonable. You can pick these up from most supermarkets and also some hardware stores as well.

IN USE: The matches are the perfect length in order for me to light the wink on my jar candles. With one strike against the side of the matchbox I find that the match light quickly. The matches are made from wood and are a reasonable thickness so I have had no problems with the matches snapping or breaking when striking them against the side of the box. I can light my jar candles really easily now without burning my fingers. The match is easy to blow out after use and I always run it under the tap before placing it into a bin.

OVERALL: A perfect match for lighting my large jar candles.

• Adidas Honey Desert / Shoes / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      09.04.2015 16:02

Advantages

• "good quality"
      • "different colours available"
      • "look great"
      • comfortable

Disadvantages

• "no half sizes"

Much nicer than Converse Trainers

ABOUT: The trainers are made from canvas and have a rubber toe cap; just like converse trainers. The famous Adidas 3 stripes are down each side of the trainers and the mint green detailing gives the trainers a fresh finish. The trainers do come in a few different colours but I liked the navy coloured ones the best so these are the ones I purchased in the end. The trainers are a very dark navy so some would think they are almost black when looking at them from a distance. There is a green square on the tongue on the trainers which have the Adidas logo on and the inside of the trainers is that lovely fresh mint green colour. The Adidas logo also appears on the sole of the trainers which is also a mint green colour as well. The laces to the trainers are a bright white colour and they are a reasonable length so you can tie them up easily.

PRICE: I purchased the trainers from my local Schuh store for £47; which I didn’t think was too bad of a price.

WEARING: The trainers came already laced up thankfully as I am rubbish at trying to lace trainers. The laces are a bit longer than you might expect so you can tie them up easily; although I tend to tuck them into the shoe as I just prefer the look of this rather than having them tied up properly. I did buy these trainers with the intention of wearing trainer socks with them although as the trainers come down quite low you can still see the trainer socks when wearing them with the trainers so a lot of the time I don’t bother wearing any socks with them at all or if I do I fold them over the front part of my foot so you can’t see them when wearing the trainers. The trainers look great with slim/skinny jeans when the weather is nice and they look good with black leggings as well; although I do personally prefer wearing them with jeans. I have found the trainers to be comfortable and they haven’t caused any rubbing to the heels or toes of my feet which is good. My feet feel comfortable in these and despite wearing them for nearly a full day my feet didn’t seem to hurt when taking them off. As the trainers are flat I find them very easy to walk in. I have worn the trainers a few times now when the weather has been nice and I haven’t come across any problems with them. As the trainers are made from canvas, for obvious reasons I wouldn’t wear them in wet or muddy weather.

OVERALL: A comfortable and lovely looking pair of trainers.

11.03.2015 21:06

Advantages

• "coarse and fine side"
      • "fit into my bag"
      • "reasonable value"
      • "pretty looking"

Disadvantages

• "not as long lasting as others"
      • "can't tell the coarse from the fine side"

Reasonably priced and pretty looking emery boards.

THE PRODUCT: I have reasonably nice length nails which are my real nails as I can't stand falsies. Quite often at work or at my boyfriend when cleaning out the reptile terrariums I often snap a nail or break the corner off or something and I never have any emery boards of files on me in order to file the nail down meaning that it tends to leave the nail quite sharp. These emery boards from Boots are the perfect size to keep in my bag so I have them with me should I break a nail where ever I am.

The emery boards have a coarse side which are perfect for shaping and the finer side is perfect for smoothing edges. I believe the emery boards come in different colours/designs but I purchased a pack of pink emery boards which have white spots on them. You get a total of three emery boards in a pack and they are approximately 3.5inches in length. These emery boards are a nice thickness as well.

PRICE: I can't remember the exact price I paid for these, but I think it was around £2.50-£2.99. They were no more than £3.00.

IN USE: To be honest I can't really tell which side is the coarse side and which side is the fine side as they both looks very similar and even when feeling the emery board I can't tell the difference so I just tend to use the side that I think is right. The emery board does a good job at smoothing down any rough or sharp edge that I might have. As the emery board is quite thick its easy to hold and it doesn't bend when using it like some of these thinner emery boards. The emery boards aren't as strong as a metal or glass file but for me they do the job.

OVERALL: Reasonably priced and pretty looking emery boards.

11.03.2015 11:54

Advantages

• "hands feel clean"
      • "clear bottle"
      • "smells gorgeous"

Disadvantages

• "left my hands feeling dry"

I loved this but it's a shame it made my hands feel so dry.

PRODUCT: This hand wash is apparently packed with lots of natural stuff. The skin moisturising benefits of raspberry have been used for centuries and are dubbed a super-moisturiser because it's quickly absorbed into the skin. Raspberry is also packed full of skin enriching proteins which should leave your hands feeling moisturised and soft. The raspberry has been teamed up with delicate vanilla milk which smells delicious. The hand wash comes in a tall bottle which is rectangular shape; although this does get slight thinner towards the top. The bottle is made from clear plastic and you can clearly see the colour of the product in the bottle which is a light pink. On the front of the bottle it states the brand name of the product and also the scent of the product as well. On the back of the bottle you can find a list of ingredients and a little more information about the hand wash. This product has a natural fragrance and is vegan friendly. The bottle has a black pump lid to it which should be pushed fully down when purchasing the product. To open the bottle simply twist the pump dispenser to the right and it will pop up ready to use.

PRICE: I purchased a 250ml bottle of this from my local Boots store for £2.30

IN USE: I put my hands under the running tap to ensure they were wet first and then I pressed down once on the pump dispenser. I find that one pump on the dispenser is enough to wash your hands with. The hand wash is a very light pink colour and as I rubbed my hands together this lathered up a little although not a great deal. The hand wash has a nice consistency to it, although I do think it's slightly runnier than other hand washes I have used in the past. I could smell the deliciously sweet scent of the raspberry and milk which I thought smelt delicious. I have used the Raspberry and Milk Body Wash so I kind of knew what to expect with the scent. My hands felt as though they were getting a really good clean. I rinsed my hands off and then used some paper towels to dry them. After drying my hands they felt nice and clean and I could smell the scent from the hand wash on my hands slightly which was nice. In terms of moisturising I have to admit that I didn't seem to find the hand wash moisturising at all. IN fact my hands seemed to look rather dry about 10mins after using the hand wash. My hands didn't feel very moisturised either. I suffer from dry hands anyway, but as this product is apparently moisturising I didn't expect it to dry out my hands so much.

OVERALL: I liked this but it left my hands feeling very dry.

• Nakd Banana Bread / Snacks / 7 Readings / 6 Ratings
        10.03.2015 11:42

Advantages

• "smell nice"
        • satisfying
        • healthy

Disadvantages

• "can't decide whether I like them or not"
        • "strange taste"

I haven't yet been tempted to go back to these!

PRODUCT: For the whole of this month I have banned myself from eating any chocolate and I have tried to change my sugary snacks and crisps for better foods that are much better for my health. My friend whom knows that I am eating no chocolate for the whole of March suggested these bars to me as he sometimes has them and he finds they help to take any sweet cravings. Originally he told me to purchase the crunchy nakd bars but I ended up getting these instead. This bar delicious so I thought I would give them a go to see what they were like. This fresh, moist bar is lovely and soft and has no syrups or sugars which find their way into other bars. The ingredients that have done into this bar are 100% natural and packed full of goodness. This bar has a delicious burst of banana and a hint of walnut and cinnamon.

PRICE: I purchased the bars from Sainsburys where they are priced at £2.50 for a box of 4 x30g bars.

TASTE: I could immediately smell a banana smell when opening the wrapper and this smelt quite nice. You can also smell a slight hint of spice as well which must be the cinnamon. The bar itself is small but has a reasonable thickness to it. The bar is a dark colour, more like a shade of brown and may not look the most appetising to some. You can see the oats and other pieces that make up the whole of the bar. The bar is easy to bite into and as I chewed the piece of bar it tastes nice and moist. You can clearly taste the banana in the bar and also the spice from the cinnamon which isn't too strong or overpowering. The texture of the bar is soft but it's also chewy and you can feel the oat and other pieces in the bar as you chew. I did come across a hard piece of something in the bar and I wasn't sure what it was but it was so hard that I took that particular piece out of my mouth and put it in the bin. It was only small but I didn't fancy breaking a tooth on whatever it was. After eating the bar I couldn't decide whether I actually liked it or not. There did seem to be an after taste in my mouth after eating the bar which tasted more of cinnamon than anything else. I have to say that I wasn't overly keen on the after taste and chewed some gum to get rid of it. The bar did seem satisfying but I just couldn't make my mind up about it.

OVERALL: I really don't know if I will be finishing off the box of these bars or not. To be honest because I am unsure about them I haven't been tempted to go back to them at the moment!

06.03.2015 13:39

Advantages

• "reasonable price"
        • "reminds me of summer"
        • "smells gorgeous"

Disadvantages

• "scent doesn't linger"
        • "not a strong scent"

Summer, sandpits and paddling pools in the back garden.

PRODUCT: This scent contains a warm breeze of soft flowers and fresh green fields which capture the innocence of childhood days playing in the backyard. When I was a child I used to play in the backyard all the time with my sister as we had a sandpit out there and during the summer we had a paddling pool as well. We used to spend as much time out there as we could and we really used to enjoy ourselves. The wax tart is a light green colour and although round it has a pretty scalloped edge to it and Yankee Candle Co is engraved into the top of the wax tart. Like all other wax tarts this one is wrapped in clear plastic and has a picture and the name of the scent on the top. The picture for this scent is a child in a field amongst tall green grass and flowers. The plastic is easy to remove from the wax tart simply by cutting it off. I tend to do this over the burner I am going to place it in or over a bin as sometimes the tarts can be a little crumbly.

PRICE: I purchased the wax tart from www.yankeedirect.com for £1.45 which I think was reasonable.

IN USE: I placed the tart into the top of the burner and placed and unscented tea light into the bottom. I find that the wax tarts from Yankee take a good 6-10mins to melt completely releasing the scent. With some of the wax tarts you can smell traces of the scent even before it has melted completely. To be honest with this particular scent I couldn't really smell as great deal until the tart had completely melted and then I was able to smell the lovely scent coming from the product. The main scent I could smell was again that grassy like scent which was nice as it was light and not too over-powering. This reminded me of freshly cut grass in the summer that I used to be able to smell in the garden whenever my dad cut the grass or a neighbour cut their grass.

In the grassy scent I did occasionally get wafts of a slightly sweeter scent which I can only assume is the soft flower scent that Yankee mentions. This scent was nice as it wasn't too strong, but it did smell sweet and floral reminding me of lovely summer days spent in the garden. I had the tea light in the bottom of the burner for a good hour and by this time the scent had built up a little more. This particular scent didn't seem all that strong although it could be smelt when entering my bedroom and I could smell it over the other side of my room as well. After blowing the tea light out the scent didn't really linger that much afterwards.

OVERALL: A gorgeous scent that reminds me of summer.

03.03.2015 15:59

Advantages

• "great scent for day or night"
        • long-lasting
        • "only need a little each time"
        • "smells lovely"

Disadvantages

• "more suited for the younger generation"

My first ever Calvin Klein Perfume

ABOUT: This Calvin Klein perfume is aimed at the younger generation but I didn't know this before buying it. I saw it as a bargain which is why I purchased it in the first place. This perfume has tops notes of Pink Grapefuit and Bergamot whilst the middle notes contain more of a floral sent including Orchid and White Cactus. The base notes consist of Amber, Red Cedar and Vanilla. The perfume comes in an urban style bottle which is mainly white, although the bottom is clear and you can see the perfume inside the bottle. I would say that the bottle is very simple but is attractive.

PRICE: I actually got this at a bargain price. It was in the reduced section in my local boots store for just £10 for a 50ml bottle. It's priced at around £28 elsewhere. This was the last bottle so whether it was labelled up wrong I have no idea.

IN USE: When spraying the perfume for the first time it can come over a little strong. This is the type of perfume where you do not need to use a lot as it's quite a strong smelling perfume that lingers. I tend to spray it on my wrists once or twice and I find that this is more than enough. I have to admit that the perfume seemed rather strong at first and I wasn't actually sure whether I was going to like it or not. It smelt quite floral to me but as the smell started to disperse a little I got the scent of the Orchid through. The base notes of the perfume is what lingers for the majority of the day. I loved the scent of the Amber, Red Cedar and Vanilla. I sprayed the perfume mid morning and the scent seemed to stay with me for the majority of the day which I was impressed with. The perfume smells lovely but I would definitely say it's more for a younger generation; although I am going to continue using the perfume until it's finished anyway. I think this is a great day and night perfume.

OVERALL: Despite being for the younger generation it smells lovely and is long lasting.

• scentedcandleshop.com / Internet Site / 9 Readings / 9 Ratings
        03.03.2015 15:45

Advantages

• "despatch & tracking information"
        • "reasonably quick delivery"
        • "website easy to use"
        • "great range of products"

Disadvantages

• "some items may seem pricey"

The perfect website for any scented candle or wax melt fan.

ABOUT: I love scented candles and wax melts especially the Yankee brand. I actually came across this website a couple of months when typing scented candles into Google. Apart from the Yankee website I hadn't seen or heard of this one before so I thought I would see what it was like. The website contains a huge range of scented candles, air fresheners, reed diffusers and wax melts all by different and well known brands including Yankee, WoodWick, Colony, Price's and more.

PRICES: The prices on this website vary depending on which brand you decided to purchase and what size candle you purchase. I purcase a lot of the Village Wax Melts from here which are around £4.95 each which sounds expensive but I think it's reasonable as the wax melt can be broken off into a total of 6 pieces.

SHOPPING: It's easy to browse products and add them to your shopping basket. You can search by a specific brand or you can search by product such as candles, diffusers, etc. Once done it page should bring up a list of branded products so you can click on a specific brand to view their range or you can chose to view all the brands in that range. If you click on a product it will bring up more information about the product itself and from here you can then add the product to your shopping basket.

CHECKOUT: Once you have finished shopping you can take-away any items in your basket that you no longer want. The website accepts all major cards although I always chose to pay via paypal as I feel safer by paying for this option. There are a range of different postage options you can choose but I always go for standard delivery.

DELIVERY: I received a despatched e-mail the day after placing my order to say that it had already been despatched. They provide you with a tracking number so that you can track on your order if you need to. I always find that I get my order within 3-4 days of receiving the despatch e-mail.

OVERALL: I have used this website twice now without any problems. I have always received my orders and they have always been correct without any problems. They have a fantastic range of scented products on the website at reasonable prices. Some of the products on there are better than others. I will definitely be shopping here again.

02.03.2015 19:38

Advantages

• "easy to remove"
        • "separates lashes"

Disadvantages

• "a little awkward to apply"
        • "not dark enough"
        • "doesn't give my lashes volume"

Didn't give my lashes the volume or black that I wanted

THE PRODUCT: This mascara by Bourjois has a new-generation brush which is flexible. The long bristles to the brush lengthen lashes, whilst the shorter bristles emphasis the roots for a liner effect. The formula is enriched with kohl, to coat the lashes with an intense colour. The mascara comes in a black tube and it clearly states on the front of the tube the name and brand of the product. On one side of the tube is a silver line going down the whole length of the packaging including the screw on lid. The shade of the mascara is shown by a label on the lid, but this mascara actually only comes in the one shade which is ‘noir’ (black). When unscrewing the lid and looking at the brush you can clearly see that some of the bristles are shorter whilst the others are longer. The bristles form a curved like shape on one side of the brush to help apply the product to your lashes.

PRICE: I purchased the mascara from Boots for £9.99 which isn’t exactly cheap but the store where I purchased it from didn’t have a lot of choice and didn’t have the mascara that I currently use, hence why I purchased this one in the first place.

USE: Before using the mascara I curled my lashes using eyelash curlers. I always do this before applying any kind of mascara to help give my lashes some volume. I unscrewed the lid and started to apply this carefully to my lashes. The mascara wand was nice and light to hold and the wand was quite flexible. I have to admit that I am not used to using mascara which has a slightly flexible wand so this took a little getting used to. As I ran the brush over my lashes, they were coated with a light cover of mascara. I prefer my eyes to look quite dark so I actually had to go over the lashes a few times. After applying the mascara and looking in the mirror at the results I wasn’t all that impressed.

RESULTS: My lashes looked natural and they looked black but I didn’t really feel as though there was a great deal of volume in my lashes. In fact I think I got a lot more volume using my old mascara than I did with this one. The brush seemed to separate my lashes which was good for a wide eyed look but they weren’t as dark as I hoped for them to be. The mascara lasted all day without flaking off or causing any irritation to my eyes. I found the mascara easy to remove using a facial cleansing wipe.

OVERALL: This didn’t give my lashes the volume or dark colour I wanted it to. I won’t be buying it again.

26.02.2015 20:59

Advantages

• "not too strong"
        • "lasts for quite a while"
        • "good strength"
        • "smells fruity"

Disadvantages

• "doesn't last all day"

A gorgeous fruity perfume.

PRODUCT: This is a fruity-floral scent with the tops notes being Dragonfruit, Starfruit and American Plum. These are quite exotic fruits so I was expecting a warm and slightly summery fragrance. The heart of the perfume has notes of purple mokara orchic, queen of the night black tulip and purple peony. The way they describe these notes gives the perfume a bit of a dark and maybe slightly mysterious feel to it. The base notes to the perfume are warm amber, pathchouli and sandalwood.

The perfume bottle is the same as the ‘Heat’, ‘Heat Rush’ and ‘Wild Orchid’ perfume bottles so although it looks square at the bottoms of the bottle it’s rounded to give the bottle curves which give a feminine feel to it. The bottle is a gorgeous dark purple colour to match the box, although the colour does fade as it goes up towards the neck of the bottle which is square in shape. The top of the bottle has a silver band and it’s engraved with Beyonce’s name and the name of the perfume. The lid to the bottle has a purple tint to it and this has Beyonce’s initial engraved into it.

PRICE: I purchased the perfume on special offer from my local Boots store. A 50ml bottle will cost you around £28 at full price and a 100ml bottle will cost you £38.50.

IN USE: When you first spray the perfume there is a definite fruity scent which smells lovely, I personally think this smells more of plum than anything else. This is quite a sweet scent but this doesn’t seem to linger for long before you can smell the floral notes. The floral notes are a reasonable strength; although not too strong but this lingers for a little longer that the top notes. You can smell the slight fruity scent in amongst the floral which I like as it breaks up the floral scent a little. As the floral scent slowly fades you can really smell the warm amber, patchouli and sandalwood which I love. This gives a gorgeous finish to the perfume. I find that at least one spray on each wrist is a good strength for this perfume as it does smell quite strong; although this does disperse a little shortly after applying it.

I applied the perfume to my wrists in the morning before going to work and I could smell the scent for the majority of the day. It started to wear off in the afternoon though which was a little disappointing but I was pleased and impressed that it had lasted that long. As the scent is quite fruity I think it’s a scent that smells nicer during the summer than it does in the winter. This is a lovely evening perfume as well and I quite often wear it out during the evening when going out with my friends or boyfriend.

OVERALL: A gorgeous perfume that I will be buying again.