kiss_me2070

kiss_me2070
  • Comments

Member since: 06.10.2008

26.12.2014 20:10

Advantages

• "two games in one"
      • "fun to play"
      • educational

Disadvantages

• "no longer available"

Who will be the first to make their knickerbocker glory?

ABOUT: My nephews bought this game over to my parents when staying one night and I actually played it with my two nephews and sister. This game is suitable for children aged 3 years and up and you can have a minimum of 2 players for this game or a maximum of 6 players. I was surprised by this as most Orchard Toy Games are normally for 4 players or less. This is a great game which will help children to match things up and it will also help them to count as well.

PRICE: We picked this game up from a Charity Shop for around £2.00. It’s no longer available to purchase anywhere.

INSTRUCTIONS: The game should come with two dice, one numbered and one coloured dice. The pieces that fit inside the Knickerbocker glory board need to be laid flat on the floor/table faced up. When playing the game with the coloured dice choose one of the parts of the Knickerbocker glory pieces that match the colour of the dice. Place this inside your empty Knickerbocker glory board and then the next person has their go. If you roll a colour that you don’t need it goes onto the next player. The winner is the person who fills their Knickerbocker glory board up first. The other game uses the number dice and when the player rolls the dice they have to find the part of the Knickerbocker glory with that number of items on. For example if you roll a three you have to pick up the piece that has three pieces of fruit on. There are numbers in colours on the side of the board to help younger children. The next player has their go and so on. Again the winner is the person who has filled their Knickerbocker glory board first.

PLAYING: When my sister purchased this game it only came with the coloured dice so we had no idea that you could play this game in two different ways. My younger nephew whom is going to be four soon recognises colours well and is able to find the colours that match the one’s rolled on the dice. He fits them into the Knickerbocker glory board quite well; although sometimes he needs help as the bits are quite hard to get in if playing the game on carpet. As my nephew rolls the dice he always says out loud what colour he rolls before finding the colour that matches. The game doesn’t take too long to play so they don’t lose interest it. I introduced the next game to my nephews using the number dice which we took out of another game. My younger nephew can count up to 10 quite well. He recognises most numbers so says the number that is on the dice out loud and then counts the pieces of fruit on the cards to try and ensure he picks the right one.

OVERALL: Another great Orchard Toys game that is highly recommended.

24.12.2014 09:51

Advantages

• "reasonable price"
      • "can be wiped clean"
      • "fun to play"
      • educational

Disadvantages

• nothing

Make a meal without getting tummy ache.

ABOUT: This game is great for all the family to play together. The game is suitable for players aged 3-10 and you can play with a minimum of 2 players or a maximum of 4 players. This game helps to develop match, memory, personal and social skills and it also encourages observational skills as well. Inside the box which the game comes in there should be a blue sheet of instructions, 4 place settings cards and a total of 30 food cards, 10 of which have bugs and 'Tummy Ache' on them.

PRICE: The game is priced at around £9.50 which I think is very reasonable.

INSTRUCTIONS: Each player takes a setting playing board. The food cards including the 'Tummy Ache' cards are all shuffled and places downwards in a pile. The youngest player goes first and begins by taking a card from the top of the pile and placing it on the correct spaces on their setting playing board. The next player then takes their turn and then the next player, etc. If anytime a player takes a 'Tummy Ache' card all of the player must shout out 'Tummy Ache'. If the player who picked the card up has a space on their setting board the 'Tummy Ache' card needs to be placed on there until they get the right card to replace it with. If there is a card already on the board then the 'Tummy Ache' card can be put to the side. If a player happens to take a food card which they already have on their setting place board they can decide which one they would prefer to keep and discard of one. The winner is the person who makes a complete, edible meal without any 'Tummy Ache' cards on their setting board.

PLAYING THE GAME: The place setting boards are colourful with a chequered red table cloth and a plate in the middle with a knife and fork either side and also a drink one side and a dessert the other side. We normally just lay the small cards out on the floor face down rather than keeping them in a pile. It's quite fun whenever someone picks up a 'Tummy Ache' card as my youngest nephew is always the first to shout out 'Tummy Ache', despite us all meant to be saying it together. The cards with the food on are nice and thick and my youngest nephew is able to pick them up easily. When my nephews both pick up the food cards they always say what the item is on the card and whether they like it or not. If there are at least 3 of us playing the game despite one person winning we carry on with the other players to see who will win next. We then go through the food that each other have got on their place settings boards and whether we like it.

OVERALL: This is a really fun game and one I would recommend.

23.12.2014 18:31

Advantages

• educational
      • well-made
      • "booster packs available"
      • "good value"
      • "fun to play"

Disadvantages

• nothing

Sticking to my shopping list for a change.

ABOUT: This game is one of Orchard Toys best-selling game and it's so popular that you can now purchase add on packs for this particular game. This has been one of Orchard Toys most popular games for over 10yrs and is now their best-selling game of all time. This game develops matching and memory skills and also develops personal and social skills. It also encourages observational skills as well. The aim of this game is to be the first person to fill your trolley with all of the items that are on your shopping list. The game pieces include 4 trolleys, 4 shopping lists and 32 item cards come in a strong cardboard box.

PRICE: This game probably would have been purchased from somewhere such as Amazon where it's priced at £7.50 which I think is very reasonable for this game.

INSTRUCTIONS: Each player needs to take a shopping trolley and a shopping list. All of the shopping lists have different items on them but they do have the same amount of items. The smaller cards with the items on are spread out onto the table or flat surface, face down. As with all the Orchard Toys Games the youngest player starts. They begin, simply by turning over one of the smaller, faced down cards to see if that item is on their shopping list. If it is then the player can place this item in their trolley but if not the player needs to return the card face down. The next player then takes their go and so on. The winner is the first player to fill their trolley with all the items on their shopping list.

PLAYING THE GAME: The trolley shaped card and the list is made from strong card and this is coated in a shiny surface so can be wiped clean. The trolley has 8 square shapes on the front and this is where the cards with items on go. Each shopping list has a total of 8 items on them including things such as Pasta, Washing Powder, Apple juice, Strawberries and other items. There is a picture of the item and then it has in words what the item is as well. As my nephew picks up the cards he reads out what he has picked up, which he normally always gets right. He then takes a few seconds to check to see if that item is on his list. If it is he says 'Yes' in an excited way and then places it in his trolley. If the item is not on his list he says 'No' and places the card back down. If me or one of the other players happens to pick up one of his cards when playing the game he is able to memorise where this card is and is able to pick it up the next time to add to his trolley.

OVERALL: This is a great game that me and my nephews enjoy playing together. Highly recommended.

23.12.2014 13:49

Advantages

• "good value"
      • "can be wiped clean"
      • well-made
      • "educational benefits"

Disadvantages

• nothing

A lovely, first colour match lotto.

ABOUT: This award-winning first lotto game is suitable for very young players (ages 2-5). This game has a lot of fantastic educational benefits including developing colour recognition, developing matching and memory skills, develops personal and social skills and finally it also encourages observational skills. The aim of the game is to be the first player to fill their playing board with the correct matching cards. This game is one of around 6 of the Orchard Toys games that my nephews have. I find this range of games fantastic and they are great for learning. This game is only really played by my younger nephew as he is going to be 4yrs old soon. My older nephew finds this game a little too easy so doesn't often play it.

PRICE: You can purchase this game from Amazon for around £9.50. You can also purchase it from the Orchard Toys website as well (www.orachardtoys.com) for the same price.

PLAYING THE GAME: This game is suitable for up to 4 players, as there are a total of 4 lotto boards. Each player needs to choose a board. The lotto boards are quite thick and have a glossy finish to them meaning they can be wiped clean if they get dirty or anything is spilt on them. They are also very colourful as well showing different coloured animals and some vehicles as well. There are a total of 6 pictures on each lotto board and it's easy to tell what the pictures are. The small picture cards need to be spread face down on the table, floor or flat surface. These are also quite thick and the picture on the other side is nice and colourful. The younger player then turns one of the cards over and sees if it matches the picture on their board. If yes, then the player places the card over the picture on their board. My nephew is able to turn over the cards easily and as he turns them over he say's what they are. For example 'Green Rabbit', followed by a 'Yes' or 'No', depending on whether he needs it for his board or not. If the player does not need that card they picked then the player places the card back, face down. It is then the next players turn. You need to continue taking turns until one person has covered all the pictures on their boards with the matching cards. The person who fills their board up first is the winner.

My nephew has quite a good memory and is able to remember where some of the cards are that he needs that other people have picked up. The game only takes a few minutes to play so he doesn't really have any time to get bored. Quite often he likes to play this game two times in a row. This is a fantastic learning game and one that I would definitely recommend to others.

04.12.2014 12:11

Advantages

• "cleans/washes well"
      • " soft bristles"
      • super
      • "can be used with various types of make-up"
      • "easy to use"
      • light-weight

Disadvantages

• "might be too pricey for some"

Airbrushed, high definition results.

THE PRODUCT: This brush produces high definition results with all types of make-up. This brush is the trade secret for creating airbrushed, high-definition results. It has ultra-plush, synthetic bristles which are hand cut and 100% cruelty free. The brush is self-standing for easy storage and the extended aluminium handle is light and easy to use. This brush has a pink coloured aluminium handle to it and is extremely light which is nice. It has ‘Stippling Brush’ printed on the handle so you don’t get confused which brush this is if you have a lot of other Real Technique brushes in the range. The bristles to the brush are extremely soft and they feel so soft and silky against the skin. I don’t think I have ever felt a make-up brush feel so soft before. The bristles to the brush are mainly black but they have white tips to them. The pink is brush because this product is part of Real Techniques finishing range.

PRICE: I purchased the brush from my local Boots store for £11.00 but it can be purchased from Superdrug stores as well as various places online.

USING THE BRUSH: This brush is great to use with a range of different make-up. You can use it for foundation, powder, blusher, highlighter and concealer. I actually use this brush mainly for highlighter as it means I am able to apply highlighter to my face without upsetting the rest of my make-up. I use a powdered highlighter but you can use a cream highlighter with this brush as well. To apply the product to my face I simply swirl the brush over the highlighter and then I dab this onto the top of my cheekbones to highlight these areas. The dabbing motion of the brush means that it doesn’t upset the rest of your make-up and it makes it perfect for applying things such as a concealer. As you are dabbing the brush onto your skin rather than sweeping it across it, you would expect the bristles to the brush to feel slightly prickly but in fact they feel lovely and soft against my skin. The brush is lovely and light to use and I am able to get a good grip on it when using it. The brush does a fantastic job at applying the highlighter to give my skin a nice, natural glow. I have used this a few times with concealer simply by dabbing the brush into a little concealer and then dabbing this onto the problem area. The dabbing ensures the concealer is applied to the specific area where you want it and it also gives it a nice, natural finish as well. When using the brush with foundation it will give you a light to medium coverage. I find that this brush washes really well and it always feel’s nice and soft after it has air dried.

25.11.2014 23:17

Advantages

• long-lasting
      • "good value"
      • "improves red/sore skin"
      • "has a number of uses"
      • moisturising

Disadvantages

• "can be quite greasy"

A product every house-hold should have.

THE PRODUCT: Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is a product that has been around for 140 years now and most people will have used this product or will have it in their bathroom cabinet as it's a good, essential product to have. This product is the ultimate skin tool for everything including daily moisturisation to beauty needs and sports use. The product is triple purified and works with your skin for better nourishment and protection. It works naturally with your skin to help it rebuild moisture and renew itself. The jelly comes in a plastic tub which has a blue lid. The 'Vaseline' logo can clearly be seen on the label which is on the front of the jar. I have to admit that i have always thought this is a bit of a strange product but it's actually an amazing beauty product.

PRICE/AVAILIABILITY: You can purchase this from Boots stores for just £2.15 for 100ml which is very reasonable as this product is long lasting. You can purchase it from other places such as supermarkets and other pharmacies as well.

USING THE PRODUCT: I have been using this product a lot recently on my nose and lips as I have had a cold and blowing my nose all the time has made these areas of my face rather sore. The Vaseline jelly is quite thick and I find that a little of this goes a very long way. I have been putting a little of this on my nose and lips every night and in the morning they feel and look a lot better than they did the previous night. This product can be used on dry skin on areas all over the body and it can also be use on the eyelashes and the eye brows as well instead of using cosmetics. i find that this product really does help to lock in moisture and helps to improve dry, sore skin, especially on the lips.

OVERALL OPINION: I purchase a pot of this around a year ago and use it every now and again. I don't use it during the day on my lips as I do find that this can be a little too greasy sometimes. I find that I get better results from using this product as night as it has time to sink into my skin whilst I am sleeping and gives it time to work over-night. this product has definitely helped my sore, red nose and sore lips. The product has also helped a very dry patch of skin on my leg as well. This is a fantastic product for a range of different uses and it's a product that should be found in every household.

25.11.2014 20:18

Advantages

• "skin felt soft"
      • "creates lots of bubbles"
      • cheap
      • "pH balanced"
      • "kind to skin"

Disadvantages

• "scent doesn't last long"
      • "not as luxurious as other brands"

A surprisingly lovely bath creme that's kind and gentle.

THE PRODUCT: I never normally use cheap bath products but this was sitting on the cabinet in my bathroom as my parents use so I thought I would give it a go to see what it was like. I have to admit that I wasn’t expecting anything that amazing from this product. This is Sainsbury’s own brand of bath crème and is pH balance and paraben free. The bath crème is formulated to be kind to skin and is suitable for the whole family. It gently cleanses and softens the skin whilst you bathe. The bath crème comes in a large plastic bottle which is a frosted white colour. It states on the front what the product is and you can find additional information such as ingredients and contact information on the back of the bottle. The lid to the bottle is white and this unscrews to reveal a big hole in which you can pour the bath crème out of. The bottle is quite big and chunky and is also quite heavy as it contains 1 litre of the bath crème.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: This can be purchased from Sainsbury’s stores and from their website for just £1.00 which I think is very reasonable for a bath crème for the whole family.

USING THE PRODUCT: To use the product simply pour a little of the bath crème under running water. The bottle can be a little heavy so be careful when holding this and pouring it in the bath. I only poured a little of the bath crème in but this seemed to start foaming up within a few seconds. The bath crème is white in colour and doesn’t seem too runny but at the same time isn’t really thick either. When I went back a few minutes later to check on the bath there was a decent amount of bubbles in the bath and I could smell the scent of the bath crème which was pleasant. The scent to this product reminded me of my child-hood so I think this is similar to the smell of the bubble bath we used to use as children. When in the bath I did find it relaxing as there were plenty of bubbles, so I felt as though I was being pampered a little. The smell to the product wasn’t all that obvious now, which was a little bit of a shame. Whilst in the bath I didn’t experience any allergic reactions to the product and when getting out of the bath and drying my skin the product hadn’t irritated it which was good. I have to admit that I was surprised as my skin actually felt quite soft when getting out of the bath. I think this product is really good value and I would no doubt purchase it again as it was kind to my skin and I also found it to be quite relaxing.

24.11.2014 16:30

Advantages

• "kills 99.9% bacteria"
        • "good value"

Disadvantages

• "slighty dying"

A fantastic hand wash that leaves your hands feeling clean and fresh.

THE PRODUCT: I am reviewing a Carex hand wash which I have been using in my house-holed recently when washing my hands. Carex is a well known and popular brand of hand soap and I have used a wide range of the products over the past few years. I am reviewing the Original Hand Wash which is a gorgeous blue colour. This improved formula works in seconds to kill harmful bacteria and contains a unique blend of moisturisers so your hands feel soft, smooth and clean. This hand wash kills 99.9% of bacteria and is dermatologically tested. The hand wash comes in a clear plastic bottle so you can see the handwash inside. The pump to the dispenser is white and you will ened to turn this to the on position when using it for the first time.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: You can purchase this from Boots, Superdrug and Supermarkets for around £1.85 although Boots currently have this on offer for just £1 which is a bargain.

USING THE PRODUCT: To use the product I always wet my hands under the tap and then press down on the pump once. This dispenses a reasonable amount of the hand wash. The hand wash is a bright blue colour and feel slightly gel like. As I rubbed my hands together it foamed up a little and felt as though my hands were getting a really good clean. The soap did smell very slightly and it was a pleasant smell. I rinsed my hands off before drying them with a clean towel. After washing my hands they felt very clean and fresh. They didn't have any scent to them but they felt really clean which is the main aim of the wash. Unlike some of the other hand washes in the Carex range I only found this ever so slightly drying.

OVERALL OPINION: Carex is a popular brand and one that I am ver familiar with as I have used quite a few of their different hand washes before. I wasn't really sure what to expect from this hand wash as a few of the other hand washes in the Carex range have dried out my skin a little an hour or so after using it. I like the packaging to the product as you can tell when you are running low on the product and when you need to buy some more. I have quite sensitive skin and the hand wash was kind to my skin without causing it any irritation. In terms of value I think the hand wash is very good value and it's one that i would definitely consider purchasing again.

• Johnson's Cotton Buds / Baby Care / 12 Readings / 12 Ratings
        20.11.2014 13:07

Advantages

• "number of uses"
        • "good quality"
        • "good value"

Disadvantages

• nothing

The only cotton buds you should have in your household!

THE PRODUCT: These Johnsons cotton buds are a must for every house-hold as they can be used for a number of different things such as cleaning ears, and even use with make up and beauty as well. I always ensure that I have a pot of these in the drawer in my room as you never know when you might need one of them. I always go for Johnsons branded cotton buds as I find these are much better quality than other brands.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: You can purchase the cotton buds from a large number of places inclusing supermarkets and stores such as boots or Superdrug for around £1.25. Please note that prices may vary.

USING THE PRODUCT: These should never be inserted too far into the ear canal as it can cause damage. I use the cotton buds to clean my ears and I also use them with make-up as they are great for smudging eyeliner to create a smokey look. They are also great for dipping into nail polish remove to remove polish from your fingers which has managed to get on the area around the nails. The cotton buds are white and they are strong. The cotton buds don't bend which is good and the cotton bits on the end are a good size. They also stay securely on the plastic stick and don't fall off unlike some other brands. The cotton buds also feel nice and soft when using them as well. They can be used wet or dry.

OVERALL OPINION: These are really food value and they are also really good quality. Although they might be a little more expensive than other own brands I find that Johnsons Cotton Buds are always much better quality and I always feel confident when using them. The cotton buds are great for a range of different uses and can simply be thrown in the bin after use. I purchased a large tub of these a few months ago and I still have over half of them left so they are lasting me a long time. As soon as these run out I will definitely be purchasing some more of them.

20.11.2014 12:39

Advantages

• "quick and easy to use"
        • "smells nice"
        • moisturising

Disadvantages

• "not as moisturising as lotion"

A great alternative if you don't have time to moisturise in the mornings!

THE PRODUCT: I am reviewing the Cocoa Butter In Shower Moisturiser from Nivea. This one appealed to me more than others as I simply love cocoa butter lotions and body products. I have heard a lot of things about this product so I was looking forwards to trying it out for myself to see if was as good as it sounded. The product claims to moisturise your skin in the shower so there is no need to apply a lotion when getting out of the shower as this product simply does it for you. This is a great idea if you don't have time to apply moisturiser after showering.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: You can purchase this from Boots stores for £3.56, although it's currently on offer for £2.37 in Boots. You can also buy this from Superdrug.

USING THE PRODUCT: You use this product in the shower. After washing with your normal body wash apply this product all over your body and simply rinse off. The bottle is made from plastic so it can get a little slippery when trying to hold it with wet hands. The product is white in colour and seems quite thick although it's very easy to apply to wet skin when in the shower. The product has that gorgeous sweet cocoa butter scent to it which I absolutely love. The moisturiser felt lovely and soft against my skin. After applying to this my body I stood back under the shower to rinse it off. The product rinsed off easily, simply by using my hands to rub my skin to ensure it was washed off before stepping out of the shower. After patting my skin dry I was surprised at how moisturised my skin felt, this product really does moisturise your skin very well. My skin also had the very slight hint of cocoa butter smell to it which was quite nice, although this didn't last for very long.

OVERALL OPINION: I was expecting this product to be good as my sister told me about this product and I also read some other reviews about it too. I did find this product to be quite moisturising and it definitely made my skin feel soft and moisturised which I was very impressed with. I love how the product left a nice scent on my skin as well. You do need to ensure that you wash your bath/shower down after using this product as it can made these surfaces slippery. Although the product is moisturising it's not as moisturising as using a body lotion. I would probably purchase this product again as it's a great alternative if you don't have time to moisturise in the mornings/evenings.

19.11.2014 12:46

Advantages

• "often on offer"
        • "fresh scent "
        • "cleans hands well"

Disadvantages

• "drying on my hands"

A nice hand wash but a little drying on my hands.

THE PRODUCT: I am quite fussy when it comes to handwash but my parents recently purchase this hand wash to go in the bathroom. I like more moisturising hand washes but I have been using this one lately to wash my hands. This hand wash has a new improved formula that works in seconds to kill harmful bacteria. The hand wash also has a unique blend of moisturisers which leaves your hands feeling soft, refreshed and clean. The product supports the skin's natural antibacterial defences, whilst killing 99.9% of bacteria. It's also dermatologically tested as well. The hand wash comes in a square shaped bottle which is clear so you can see the green colour hand wash inside the bottle. It has a green pump dispenser so you can dispense the hand wash easily.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: You can purchase the hand wash from Boots, Superdrug and other supermarkets. Prices may vary but the product is priced at around £1.85 at full price. The carex range is often on offer so I would advise checking out different retailers before making a purchase.

USING THE PRODUCT: After holding my hands under the running water I then press down once on the pump dispenser and this dispenses a reasonable amount of the hand wash for your hands. You don't really need to use anymore than one pumo of the product. The product itself is more like a gel and it's a light green colour. When rubbing my hands together the hand wash foamed up a little and I could smell the nice, fresh clean scent of the product. It felt as though my hands were getting a really good clean from this hand wash. I rinsed my hands off throughully and then dried them using a towel. After washing my hands they felt very clean and had a slight fresh scent to them as well which was nice. My hands didn't feel dry after washing them but a few hours later my hands were feeling a little tight and looking a little dry in places. I had to apply a little hand cream in order for them to feel less tight and more moisturised.

OVERALL OPINION: I have used this product a few times now and when I use it an hour or so later my hands do seem to feel quite dry and tight which I can only put down to this hand wash, so I always have to use a hand cream after using this product. My hands do feel very clean after using the hand wash and I like the light, fresh scent it has. In terms of value I think the hand wash is very reasonable, especially when it's on offer, and it often is. I wouldn't personally buy this as it does dry out my hands but it is a good hand wash and does leave your hands feeling very clean and fresh.

19.11.2014 12:06

Advantages

• "don't fall apart"
        • "good quality"
        • "do the job"
        • affordable

Disadvantages

• "soak up a lot of liquid"
        • "not as good as their double faced pads"

A beauty essential that I always have at home.

I have been buying these cotton wool pads for many years now and I always find them to be of good quality and good enough to do the jobs they are made for. I always purchase them from boots as this is where I buy the majority of my make-up and beauty products and plus I earn points when I spend there so I prefer shopping here for these items than anywhere else.

The cotton wool pads come stacked up in plastic packaging. The top can be opened easily so you can take the cotton wool pads out. There is some cotton in the top so you can pull this and close the top of the packaging to stop the pads from falling out when not in use. The cotton pads are priced at £1.69 for 100 which I think is very reasonable, although quite often these are on offer.

The cotton wool pads have a reasonable thickness to them and I use them for a variety of different things such as nail varnish remover when taking off my nail polish. The cotton wool pads do soak up a lot of liquid which might be the downside to the product but they are still great at removing nail polish. I also use the pads with facial cleanser and toner and I find the cotton wool pads soft against my face, unlike some cheaper cotton wool pads which can feel scratchy. The pads don't fall apart when using them either.

These cotton wool pads are an essential item that I always have in my drawer at home as I use them daily so keep them well stocked up. If they are on offer I tend to purchase a few extra packs to keep me going for a little longer. I will definitely continue to purchase these and would recommend them to others.

19.11.2014 11:52

Advantages

• "feels light on the skin"
        • "looks natural"
        • "good value"
        • "feels light"
        • "easy to apply"
        • "kinder to skin"

Disadvantages

• "price still might put some people"

Amazing Mineral make up

THE PRODUCT: I purchased this product around 3 weeks ago now and have been using it ever-since as the products in this kit are just simply amazing. This range of make up is mineral make-up which means the product contains no harsh chemicals or other things added to it meaning that it's better and a lot kinder to your skin that other products that are currently available. I purchased the kit for lighter skin tones and in the kit you get Primer, 2 foundations in slightly different shades, all over skin colour, Mineral Veil and three different brushes to apply the make up with.

PRICE/AVAIALBILITY: I purchased this from the bareMinerals counter in my local boots store but you can purchase it from various places on the internet for £49.00 (The kit is worth over £100!). The kit comes in 4 different shades so you can find the one best suited for your skin.

USING THE PRODUCT: The first step is to apply the primer which feels smooth and soft when applying it. You only need to use a pea sized amount for the whole of your face. Choose your foundation colour and using the large brush buff this onto the skin. With all the powders they need to be buffed onto the skin in order to get best results. The powder is silky soft and light and feels nice on my skin. The next step is to apply the warmth colour which looks very dark, althought it doesn't look as dark when applying it. I apply this to areas where the sun would naturally colour my face such as forehead, nose, chin and a little on the cheeks. You only need to use a little of this. Finish off the look bby applying the mineral veil which should give your make-up a gorgeous finish to it.

RESULTS: The thing I love about this make-up is that it feels really light on the skin and it also looks nice and natural. My skin actually looks a lot more flawless when I wear this make-up and most of the time it doesn't even look as though I am wearing any make-up at all. I find that the make-up is quite long lasting, although I do tend to apply a little more of the mineral veil during the day. The make up didn't cause any outbreaks and it looked fine, even over the dry areas of skin that I have around my eyes. The make up is easily removed using a facial cleansing wipe. I just simply love this make-up range and the fact that it feels so nice and light on my skin. I highly recommend this kit and the bareMinerals range in general.

19.11.2014 11:21

Advantages

• "good quality"
        • "washes well"
        • "holds a good amount of concealer"
        • "soft brush but also firm"
        • "provides good coverage"

Disadvantages

• price

A soft but firm concealer brush.

THE PRODUCT: I have recently started using products from the bareMinerals range and although I already have a lot of make-up brushes I purchased a few brushes from their range in order to apply their make-up. This brush has been specifically designed for use with their concealer. The brush is nice and soft which gives you a fuller, more concentrated coverage. The brush is medium sized and although soft its also firm which means that it holds more concealer to apply to your face. The brush is a good size and is a dark blue/black colour. It has the brand name on the side of it in silver and the actual brush hairs are a light brown colour.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased this from the bareMinerals counter in my local boots store for £19.00 but it can also be purchased from the bareMinerals website (www.bareminerals.co.uk).

USING THE BRUSH: I have been using the brush with bareMineals SPF 20 concealer which is powder based like most of their other mineral foundation. I simply dispense a little of the powder into the lid from the pot and then swirl the brush into the powder. I do tap the brush a little to get rid of some of the excess powder. I then apply the concealer with the brush in a patting motion which helps to cover any imperfections. The brush is nice and light to hold and I am able to get a good grip on it when using it. The hairs to the brush are lovely and soft on the skin but they are firm so I am able to apply the concealer easily. I find that the patting motion is definitely thr best way to apply the concealer. The brush can be washed using the bareMinerals brush cleaner or another suitable brush cleaner. I tend to do this at least once and week and then wash it with baby shampoo once a month and leave it to dry naturally. The brush always comes out nice and clean after gently washing it.

OVERALL OPINION: This brush does sound rather expensive but it's actually a perfect brush for applying concealer with as I find I get a really good coverage with the brush. I have tried using other brushes to apply the concealer but I don't get as good results as I do when using this brush. I have been using the brush for around 2 weeks now and I have not come across any problems with it at all. This brush is really good quality and if you already have the concealer from the bareMinerals range I would also recommend this brush to go with it.

• BareMinerals Liner Shadow / Make Up / 8 Readings / 8 Ratings
        13.11.2014 09:09

Advantages

• "comes in a range of different shades"
        • "can build the colour up"
        • "can be used wet or dry"
        • "long lasting"
        • "easy to apply"

Disadvantages

• "a little pricey"

A lovely liner that can be used wet or dry.

THE PRODUCT: I am reviewing this liner shadow from bareMinerals which is a brand I have been using a lot recently due to treating myself to a few of their products. I was actually looking for a gel liner but they don’t actually do this but the lady at the bareMinerals counter showed me this product instead and it looked impressive and very easy to apply when showing it to me. The liner does come in various shades although I purchased the ‘Soft Black’ shade. As this liner is a powder you can apply it dry to create a gorgeous Smokey look or you can apply it wet to create bolder lines and to make the colour look more intense. The lady at the counter actually showed me how to wear this product wet so this is how I first started off using the product at first.

PRICE/AVAILABILTY: I purchased this from the bareMinerals counter in my local Boots store for £14.00 and I also purchase a brush to go with it as well so I could apply the product easily.

USING THE PRODUCT: When using the product for the first time you will need to remove the found sticker on the inside of the pot which is covering the holes in the tray. Simply peel this off and this reveals 4 square holes in which the powder dispenses out of. Tap a little powder out into the lid and then spray a little water into the lid. Mix together using your brush and then apply it. You do only need to use a little water as if you use too much you may find it a little harder to apply and it does tend to water the colour down a little as well. In terms of application I found that the product is actually quite easy to apply, and a lot easier than apply a gel liner as you can apply it in a quick line very close to the lash line. Of course you can build this up a little to make it slightly thicker for a more intense look if you wish.

RESULTS: The liner looks great once applied and it really makes a difference to my eyes. I have used the liner applied straight to my eyelids or on top of eye shadow as well and the eyeliner applies perfectly each time. I was glad that the eyeliner lasted all day and didn’t start to wear off at any point and it didn’t smudge during the day either. The product was very kind to my eyes as well. This product also looks great dry to create a Smokey look which is perfect for an evening look. You can build up the colour as much as you like as well. At the end of the day the product was easily remove using make-up remover or a facial cleansing wipe.