kiss_me2070

kiss_me2070
  • Comments

Member since: 06.10.2008

23.09.2014 12:33

Advantages

• "leaves skin smooth/soft"
      • "lathers up well"
      • "light scent"

Disadvantages

• "smell reminded me a little of air freshener"

A gorgeous, soft rich lather that smells of vanilla.

THE PRODUCT: The product is a Shea Butter & Vanilla body wash blended with NutriumMoisture which creates a cloud of creamy lather, which leaves your skin feeling restored and nourished. The warm scent of Shea Butter and Vanilla fills the shower, which helps you to feel balanced and renewed. I have sensitive skin and I often suffer from dry patches on my skin so I have to be careful when choosing products such as body wash and moisturisers. As I have used Dove products before and they have been fine with my skin I didn't think trying this product would do any harm. The product comes in a white plastic bottle which is tear shaped. The top of the bottle has a flip top which is a light golden colour which simply slips open to enable you to dispense some of the product. There is a red box on the bottle which states that the product is new and states that this product is purely pampering and is a nourishing body wash. On the back of the bottle is some information about the product itself and a list of ingredients. You can also see that this product is part of the Unilever brand. The packaging looks the same as all the Dove body wash; how-ever it does have a coloured picture of the front representing the Shea Butter and Vanilla scent of the product.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased a 250ml bottle from my local Boots store for just £1.60 which saved me 80p of the original price.

USING THE PRODUCT: I wet my skin under the shower before using this product then I flipped open the lid, this was easily done even with wet hands. I squeezed the bottle onto a body puff ready to use. The body wash was an off white colour but looked really smooth. I rubbed the body puff over my body and as I started to do this a rich lather started to appear. I could also smell the scent of the product as more lather appeared. The lather was white in colour and felt really soft against my skin and it felt as though I was getting a really good clean from it. The scent of the product was light, and smelt mainly of vanilla rather than anything else.

OVERALL OPINION: The lather from the body wash rinsed off easily under the shower. My skin definitely felt softer than it had done before and there was a very light vanilla scent to my skin which was quite nice. The body wash didn’t irritate my skin and it was kind & gentle. I can’t really comment on how long the vanilla scent lasted on my skin as I always apply Cocoa Butter Body Butter after the shower. In terms of value I think this product is great value, especially at a reduced price. I would buy this product again as it felt lovely on my skin and I liked the light vanilla scent that the product had.

23.09.2014 09:22

Advantages

• "not expensive to keep"
      • "easy to keep"
      • "fairly easy to handle"
      • "very cute looking"

Disadvantages

• "some won't tolerate handling"
      • "nocturnal so hide during the day"

I love these cute little reptiles.

Crested Geckos also known as New Caledonian Crested Gecko’s or Eyelash Geckos is part of the reptile family. They have a crest around their eyes which resembles eye lashes and these crests go down either side of their back to their tail. Their head is a wedge shape and they have gorgeous eyes. They don’t have eyelids to actually use their long tongues to moisten their eyes and to also help remove debris and dirt. They have four legs and each foot has 5 toes to it. Their feet have small claws on the end which helps them to climb and their feet also feel slightly sticky which helps them to climb as well. Their long tail can also help them to climb as well. You may see some gecko’s which don’t have tails and this is because they drop their tails when threatened or in danger. This does not grow back but it shouldn’t affect the gecko itself.

Me and my boyfriend currently have 6 Gecko’s although these are not all housed together due to being different ages, sex and sizes.

These Gecko’s are relatively easy to look after and they eat powdered food which you can buy from most pet shops and various places online. This stays in their terrarium and should be changed every 2 days. You can feed your gecko some pureed fruit, although it can’t be anything citrus and it can’t contain banana as this could potentially lead to health problems. You can find a list of suitable foods on the internet.

Geckos like places to hide in their terrarium and they also like plants (real of fake) so they can climb and hide and crawl in between the leaves and vines. It’s important to also have a bowl of fresh water for them to drink from and this needs to be changed every day. Geckos like hiding places and they also like to climb so bear this in mind when choosing things for their terrariums.

Gecko’s can jump a fair distance and they can do this suddenly which can make handling them a little awkward sometimes. Some geckos may not like to held and some might love it. Out three adult geckos don’t mind being held and we often hold them when cleaning out their terrarium every few weeks. Gecko’s do not need to be held all the time and won’t actually tolerate a lot of handling.

Geckos are nocturnal so you may not see them out during the day as they come out more when it’s dark. We can often hear our gecko’s running and jumping round the terrarium in the evenings or when the lights are off and we are watching a film. These geckos vary in price but you can pick them up for around £50 from various different pet stores. I think these geckos make really cute pets and I can’t wait to get one more to add to our collection.

22.09.2014 11:55

Advantages

• "good range of sizes"
      • "easy to clean"
      • well-made
      • strong
      • "great for reptiles/arachnids"

Disadvantages

• "clips for mesh lid can become weak"
      • "mesh lid can discolour over time"

The perfect terrarium for our Crested Gecko's.

THE PRODUCT: We currently have 6 Crested Gecko’s and we keep these in Terrariums which are by a company named Exo-Terra. The terrarium is made from glass and have front window ventilation, dual doors for escape-free access and a waterproof bottom. They also have a stainless steel mesh cover which has an easy twist locking system and it has close able inlets for wires and/or tubing. All the terrariums come with an easy to cut background for a natural look and also creates a multi-dimensional habitat which makes it perfect for climbing reptiles or it can be used to simply beautify the terrarium.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The terrariums come in a huge range of sizes including Large, Medium, Small, Mini and also Nano. I’m not going to list all of the prices for each terrarium as it would take up a lot of this review but to give you a few ideas I have listed just a couple of sizes and their average price.

• 30x30x32cm Terrarium - £28.79
      • 60x45x45cm Terrarium - £74.69
      • 60x45x60cm Terrarium - £80.99

THE TERRARIUM: We always clean out terraiums with water and a reptile safe disinfectant before using it. The background that comes with the terrarium is made from polystyrene so is suitable for wet or dry conditions. The terrarium is nice and easy to decorate using things such as plastic and fake plants. Due to the cut out’s at the back of the terrariums this makes it easy to ensure that wires or tubes can run safely down the back of the background and into the terrarium.

THE TERRARIUM IN USE: The front opening doors allow us to get into the terrarium easily to replace food and water. The doors are double and are easy to lock and unlock using the catch on the front.The mesh top to the vivarium allows fresh air into it which stops the terrarium become too moist or humid and it also keeps it nice and fresh for the reptiles as well. This can be unclipped really easily when you need to clean the terrarium. Our crested geckos seem to be very happy in the terrarium and love climbing about on the glass, background and other foliage we have decorated the terrarium with. The glass is easy to wipe and always comes up looking lovely and clean again.

OVERALL OPINION: The terrariums seems to be made very well and are strong and of good quality and are great for our Gecko’s. We haven’t had any problems with any of our reptiles escaping. As the terrariums seem to be water tight it means you can add water or a water feature to the terrarium without having to worry about it leaking. In terms of value I do think the terrariums are reasonably priced as they are made well and are very good quality. If we need any more terrariums for any other reptiles we may purchase in the future then these Exo-Terra one’s will definitely be our first choice.

16.09.2014 09:20

Advantages

• smoothing
        • " nutty scent"
        • light
        • moisturising

Disadvantages

• "skin is left looking shiny"
        • "feels quite greasy"

A great night cream if you are on a budget.

THE PRODUCT: The night cream which is made with naturally sourced Vitamin E gives your skin 12 hour moisturisation. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant which revitalises the protects the skin. It also helps to combat the damaging effects of free radicals and shields it against the environment. The night cream helps to rehydrate and nourish your skin whilst you sleep leaving it feeling soft, smooth and looking radiant in the morning. The formula also contains a skin conditioning multi-vitamin complex comprising of Vitamins A, B, F and H, which combined with horse chestnut extract, helps to care for dry skin. The night cream comes in a round plastic pot which is a beige colour. The pot seems to be made well and is nice and strong. On the top of the screw on lid is a label stating what the product is and on the side it also states that the same information. The Superdrug logo which is a star appears at the top of the label. It clearly states that this product is a nice cream and is suitable for normal to dry skin.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased this product from my local Superdrug store for £2.99 which was for a 100ml pot of the cream which I thought was very reasonable.

USING THE PRODUCT: The cream is a glossy white colour and it smells slightly nutty. I applied the cream to my face using gentle circular motions. The cream felt smooth against my skin but I thought it felt a little greasy. I found that a little of the cream goes a long way so when applying this for the first time I would only apply a little at a time and then you can easily apply some more if you need to. You need to ensure that you avoid using this product on or near the eyes as stated on the packaging. You can clearly smell the nutty scent to the cream when applying the product to your face and neck.

After applying the product I looked in the mirror to see if my skin looked any different and it did. I noticed that my skin looked shiny now compared to what it had looked like before and I wasn’t really sure I liked this as I thought it made it look a little greasy. I was really hoping that I wasn’t going to wake up with any new spots in the morning seeing as the cream seemed a little greasy. When waking up in the morning and popping to the bathroom I had a glance in the mirror and was pleased when I saw no spots had appeared over-night. My skin actually felt nice and soft and it felt smooth as well. I wouldn’t particularly say that my skin looked that much radiant but it did look healthy and hydrated which was good and my skin didn’t appear to have had any reaction with the cream, despite using it for the first time.

• Gosh Quattro Eye Shadow / Make Up / 15 Readings / 12 Ratings
        11.09.2014 23:35

Advantages

• "applicator included"
        • "easy to apply"
        • "kind to eyes"
        • blendable
        • "soft "
        • "lovely range of colours"

Disadvantages

• "doesn't last all day"

I couldn't resist buying two of these sets.

THE PRODUCT: I believe these Quattro set's come in 5 different colours, but I purchased the Driftwood and the Platinum shade. Driftwood contains a set of shimmering brown/beige colours, whereas as Platinum contains shimmering shades of silver. I was hoping that the colours in the set were going to look as shimmery on as they did through the lid of the packaging as I prefer shimmery looking colours on my eyes. The Eye shadows come in round packaging which is made from plastic and is black in colour. The lid to the product is mainly clear so you can see the colour of the eye shadows without having to open the packaging. Inside the packaging the eye shadows are split into quarters, so there are two at the top and two at the bottom. In the centre is a double ended applicator for applying the eye shadows with. The lid to the packaging opens up and this stays attached to the packaging of the product. The sets are priced at £7.99 each from Superdrug.

USING THE PRODUCT: The eye shadows are very soft and easy to apply to the eyelid using the double ended applicator provided. I found that the colours glide on easily and they can be blended together to create different looks suitable for day or night. I have only used the colours from the Driftwood set at the moment and I actually prefer using one of the medium shade as I find this brings out the blue in my eye a little more than the darker colours. I didn’t use a lid primer before applying the product as I wanted to see how well it lasted. I applied the product in the morning and by the afternoon it had started to wear off which was a little disappointing. The good thing about it is that it wasn’t going patchy and was fading more than anything else so it didn’t look messy. If you use a lid primer I suspect that the product might last slightly longer.

FINAL WORD: I really like these eye-shadow sets despite them being not as shimmery when wearing them as they look in the packaging. The product was king to my eyes without causing them any irritation and it was easy to remove at the end of the evening using a facial cleansing wipe. I use these sets on a regular basis now.

03.09.2014 09:17

Advantages

• "helps dry/chaooed lips"
          • smoothes
          • moisturises
          • soothes

Disadvantages

• "doesn't taste of anything"
          • "not sure about the tingling"

A good lip balm but definitely not my favourite.

THE PRODUCT: I finished my most recent lip balm a few weeks ago and needed some more so I decided to try this product out to see what it was like. Carmex lip balm contains a unique blend of ingredients, including natural moisturisers such as cocoa butter and lanolin. These and other emollients give you healthy-looking lips by restoring lost moisture and preventing dryness and chapping. The lip balm itself comes in a round pot, of which the bottom half is made from plastic and is white in colour, whereas the top is made from metal and is a yellow colour. On the top of the lid it again tells you what the product is and what it does. The lid unscrews easily to reveal the lip balm which looks like a yellowish colour and has a nice light scent of cherries to it.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the lip balm from my local boots store for £2.69 which I thought was very reasonable.

USING THE PRODUCT: I ensure that my fingertip is clean before applying the product to my lips. I rubbed my fingertip over the surface of the lip balm lightly and carefully applied this to my lips. I then rubbed my lips together to ensure that the product was evenly over my lips. After doing this I was surprised to feel that my lips started to feel a little tingly which I have to admit felt a little odd at first and I immediately thought that I was experiencing a reaction with the product but upon reading reviews it seems as though that this feeling is normal. When I licked my lips I couldn't really taste anything from the lip balm and it didn't even have a slight sweet cherry taste which I thought it may have had. The tingly feeling in my lips went on for a good few minutes before calming down a little. My lips instantly felt moisturised and they looked moisturised as well. My top lip was actually slightly dry before using the product and I found that when applying this product regularly it really helped to soothe my lips and to also help with the dryness I was experiencing. I continued to use the product over the next few days and my lips did appear to look and feel a lot better and less sore/chapped than they were before I had started using the product.

• Kerplunk / Board Game / 13 Readings / 12 Ratings
          28.08.2014 09:11

Advantages

• "on offer with other games in argos"
          • "good game of skill"

Disadvantages

• "not as strong as it used to be"
          • "marbles get stuck in the main tube"
          • "takes longer to set up than it does play"
          • "Colours aren't as bright as they used to be"
          • "plastic thin/flimsy"

It takes longer to set up this game than it does to play it!

ABOUT THE GAME: Ker Plunk is a game that has been around since 1967 and was first marketed by the Ideal Toy Company. I knew it had been around for quite a while as I remember having this game as a child. Many of you are probably very familiar with this game and may also have played it at some point in your life. Since the game was first launched it has had many make-overs, which has changed the look of the game very slightly to make it look more modern and attractive to children. The game contains various different pieces which need to be slotted and clipped together in order to be able to actually play the game. This game is now made by Hasbro who make a huge range of children’s games. This game is described as a nerve-racking game that keeps you on the edge of your seat and tests your skill and judgement. If you pick the wrong stick and all the marbles fall down then the game is over and you lose. This game has been described as classic which is great for the whole family to keep you entertained for hours.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The game can be purchased from Argos for £14.99 and other places such as Amazon.

SETTING UP THE GAME: In the box there are some instructions, marbles and some plastic sticks in the box as well. To set up the game you need to clip all the parts together. The top part of the game which will holds the marbles look the same and once clipped together there should be a large hole in the top and the bottom. This also has lots of little holes around it which later enables you to put the sticks through them. The two parts which make up the tube also slot together easily and this fits into the base and then the top part goes securely on top. I have to admit that compared to the Ker-Plunk version I had when I was a child I was very surprised at how flimsy the plastic was and the colours were no-where near as bright as they were in my version of the game. The next job is to put all the coloured sticks through the holes in the top so that they go into one side and out the other. This is easy to do but does take a few good minutes doing this. The sticks can go in one side and straight out the other side or you can put them in at an angle. My nephew enjoys putting the sticks in ready to play the game. Once all the sticks are in place you then need to carefully put the marbles into the top. These should balance on the sticks, but if any do fall out straight away we normally just pop them back in the top again ready to play.

PLAYING THE GAME: To play the game you need to gently turn the tube/middle part of the game so that the hole at the bottom faces you and then that player must carefully remove a stick from the top. This can be a little stiff to move so I have to help my younger nephew out with this, otherwise he tends to knock it over. Once the player has touched a stick they have to take that particular one and can't change their mind. Some of the sticks are easy to remove than others. My older nephew seemed to do quite a good job at removing sticks that ensured that no marbles dropped down. Once they have had their go, it's then the next person's turn. They have to repeat the process by turning the tube part of the game and removing a stick. You have to turn the tube as it means that it any marbles fall out they will go into your section rather than anyone else's. Keep taking it in turns removing the straws until there are no more marbles left in the top. The winner is the person at the end of the game with the least amount of marbles. We found that the marbles kept getting stuck at the bottom of the tube when they were falling down which was rather annoying. With this game it can last just a few minutes or longer, depending on what sticks the players take out. If you happen to move a stick which is supporting a lot of the marbles and they all drop than they game can be over so quickly. The game is played exactly the same way as it was when I had the game, although it just didn't seem as fun to me as it was when I had it, but maybe that's because I'm no longer a child.

25.08.2014 14:41

Advantages

• "gentle/kind to eyes"
            • "long lasting"
            • "nice range of colours"
            • "easy to apply"
            • "comes with applicator"

Disadvantages

• "Nothing I can think of"

Gorgeous eye shadows that last.

THE PRODUCT: I am reviewing Little Round Pot eye shadow which is by Bourjois. This eye shadow has been around for years and has an exclusive baked formula which gives the powder an extreme softness and allows you to blend the colours as much as you want. Bourjois have been using this ‘baked technology’ since 1863. I am always on the look-out for new eye shadows to try and some of the colours in this range really appealed to me when browsing the Bourjois range in my local Superdrug store. The eye shadows in this range comes in a huge of on-tend colours to choose from and they also come in pearly, glittery and iridescent shades with matte effects. The eye shadow comes in a small round pot which has an attached lid to it. The colour of the packaging refers to the shade of the eye shadow which I like the idea of as you can easily determine the shade without having to open the packaging if you have quite a few of these particular eye shadows.

PRICE/AVAIKABILITY: I purchased the eye shadow from my local Superdrug store for around £6.99, which I think is reasonable for a good quality eye shadow such as this one.

USING THE PRODUCT: The applicator that comes with the eye shadow is perfect for applying the product with and despite its small size I find it very easy to use and hold. I normally wipe the applicator over the top of the powder gently to ensure that a good amount is on the sponge applicator and then I carefully apply this to my eye lids. I tend to do this a few times so I can build the colour up a little. The shade I chose (Beige Rose) is a very pale pink colour and when using it dry it’s very subtle but is noticeable. I actually found that this particular shade made my blue eyes slightly brighter and made me eyes look more awake. The eye shadow is easy to apply and feels nice and soft when using the applicator supplied. I actually applied the eye shadow mid-morning and I found that it stayed looking great all day without fading too much or wearing off. To use the product wet I simply run the applicator under some running water and squeeze it slightly and then apply the eye shadow as normal. This makes the eye shadow look a little more intense and the colour does appear to look more noticeable. I only really tend to do this when wearing this particular eye shadow on a night out or for a special occasion. Even when applying the eye shadow slightly wet I find that it lasts the same amount of time as it would if I had applied it dry. My boyfriend’s mother actually commented on how nice my eyes looked when wearing the eye shadow dry, so it’s obviously noticeable. During the day I didn’t experience any problems such as dry or itchy eyes, which is good as I do have sensitive eyes. At the end of the day I found that the eye shadow was easily removed using a cleansing wipe. I didn’t need to rub at my eyes in order to remove the product.

19.08.2014 15:13

Advantages

• "doesn't clog pores"
              • "kind to skin"
              • "matte appearance"
              • "helps make-up last longer"
              • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "some may not like the gel consistency"

A decent Primer from The Body Shop.

THE PRODUCT: The primer is suitable for normal and oily skin and helps to create a smooth base for foundation. It has been designed to deter shine and help make-up last longer. The primer smoothes the skin as well giving it a nice matte appearance that looks nice and natural. The primer comes in a clear tube, although the tube does have a silver strip across the top. The screw on lid to the tube is clear and it clearly states on the front of the tube what the product is. This primer is a gel like formula which some people may find a little strange when using the product for the first time.The primer is a nice size so fits easily into my make-up bag and the lid stays securely on so that the product doesn't spill out once it’s in my make-up bag.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the primer from my local store for £12.00 which is the price of a 25ml tube.

USING THE PRODUCT: The primer itself is clear and is like a gel as it dispenses from the tube. The primer has a silky smooth texture to it and it feels very smooth as I applied it to my face. I found the primer very easy to apply and I also found that a little goes a long way so if you are using a lot more than a pea-sized amount then I think you are using way too much of the product. I spent a good few minutes applying the primer to my face ensuring I had used it all over, although not on the eyelids as I use a lid primer. The primer felt nice and light on my skin and didn't leave it feeling heavy. The primer doesn't smell of anything. I always wait for another 5 minutes before applying any make-up which gives the primer time to settle onto your skin. When feeling my face just before applying make-up I was impressed at how smooth it felt.

RESULTS: I applied my foundation as normal and I found that the primer helped to give a nice matte finish to my skin whereas if I hadn't used the primer my skin wouldn't have looked so matte. I applied my make up in the morning and it stayed looking great all morning, afternoon and into the evening as well before taking my make-up off. During the day I definitely didn't need to re-apply any of my make-up and it still looked great when checking on it in the afternoon. My make-up hadn't even become patchy, although I did need to apply a little loose powder to my chin as it was starting to look a little shiny. I have heard a few people say that this product makes no different to their make-up but it did for me and I found that it works really well to help make up last longer.

08.08.2014 12:32

Advantages

• light-weight
                • retractable
                • super-soft
                • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "a little big for make-up bags"

A beautiful and easy to use bronzer brush.

THE PRODUCT: This particular brush is firm and provides a smooth application for all-day perfection. The brush itself is a gold colour which is the colour of all the face brushes in the Real Techniques range. The brush looks quite chunky but it's nice and light-weight The brush come with an orange/yellow colours lid which protects the brush when not in use. When removing this, it reveals the actual brush which feels super soft. The hairs to the brush are mainly black although they have white tips to them. I actually can't believe how soft the hairs to the brush are when rubbing it across my skin. To put the brush away simply push up the top part of the brush handle, this will reveal the section which covers the brush and has 'Real Techniques' in a print all over it. Simply place the lid back on and push down and the brush is neatly packed away ready for next use. It states on the side of the brush what you can use it for.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the product from my local Superdrug store and I honestly can't remember how much I paid for it. On the boots website they have this brush at £13.99.

USING THE PRODUCT: I took the lid off the brush and swirled this over the top of the bronzer I was using (Smashbox brand) and then applied this to the different areas of my face. I didn't apply it all over ym face as I wanted a natural bronze look so I applied this to my cheeks, temples and on my forehead. I then also applied a little to my chin as well, as these are areas where the sun would naturally tan my face. After swirling the brush over the bronzer I could see that the white hairs had picked up a good amount of the product. As I applied the bronzer to my face the hairs to brush felt so smooth and soft against my skin. The brush wasn't scratchy or harsh and it seemed to apply the bronzer really well. When looking in the mirror I was very happy with the results from the way I had use the bronzer and how easy it was to apply and blend using the brush. The brush seems quite chunky but because it's light its nice and easy to hold. After using the brush I pulled the top part of the brush up and then put the lid back on.

05.08.2014 12:39

Advantages

• "blends foundation perfectly"
                • "easy to clean"
                • "professional finish"
                • "helps to apply foundation"

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Giving my make-up High Definition results.

THE PRODUCT: This product is a 3-in-1 multi-functional sponge featuring rounded sides which are perfect for blending large areas of the face with a repeated 'dabbing' or 'stippling' motion. The sponge has a pointed tip to it perfect for covering blemishes and imperfections and the flat edge to the sponge contours around the eyes and the nose. The versatile design of this sponge evenly blends makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. The sponge comes in one colour which is a reasonably bright orange colour. The sponge comes in plastic packaging like all the other Real Techniques products and it clearly tells you on the front of the packaging what the product is. On the back of the packaging it tells you how you can use the different area of the sponge and it also gives you the Real Techniques web address. When taking the sponge out of the packaging it feels’s very soft.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the sponge from my local boots store for £5.99 which I thought was very reasonable.

USING THE PRODUCT: I always dispense some foundation onto the back of my hand to let it warm up. I then dipped the side of the sponge into the foundation ready to apply to larger area of my face such as the cheeks and the forehead. I also applied this over my nose. The rounded side edges made the foundation really easy to apply and blend and the sponge feel nice and soft against my skin. After I ensured that this was all blended I then used the other parts of the sponge to finish off the look. I used the flat edge of the sponge and dipped this gently into the foundation and use this around the eyes and the nose area. The flat edge is great s it means you can get underneath the lash line to help cover any dark circles you may have in this area. I also found it really easy to use around the nose as well to ensure there was good coverage in this area. I did have 1 or 2 blemishes so I went on to use the tip of the sponge for this. I dabbed the tip into the foundation ensuring there was only a little on the tip and I gently dabbed this onto the blemish. I dabbed it a few times so that the blemish was covered nicely but also blended in with the rest of the foundation. When stepping back and looking in the mirror I was really pleased with the results and the coverage of the foundation I had just applied. My foundation had a lovely, natural finish to it and it was blended very well.

30.07.2014 22:01

Advantages

• "lips look healthy"
                • "long lasting"
                • "easy to apply"
                • moisturising

Disadvantages

• price

Moisturised, shimmering lips that look gorgeous.

THE PRODUCT: The sweetly-scents lip balm repairs and moisturises lips whilst giving them a luscious, golden shimmer. I thought this would be a great lip balm to wear during the warmer weather with some neutral make-up. The lip balm comes in a round pot which is brown in colour and has lines all around it. The design of the pot fits perfectly with the name of the product (Honey Bronze). There is a very small label on the bottom of the pot which opens to reveal a list of ingredients. The lid to the pot unscrews to reveal the lip balm which looks a very neutral pale pink colour. You can see that the lip balm is slightly shimmery as well, although not glittery. There is a slight sweet smell to the lip balm which is quite pleasant.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY:A 6ml pot of the lip balm is priced at 6.00 which seems rather pricey, although I didn’t pay full price for this product as I received some money off using my discount card

USING THE PRODUCT: The lip balm is nice and easy to apply using a clean finger and I find that it goes onto the lips easily. As soon as I applied some of the product to my lips I could see that it was shimmery. The lip balm also gave a very slight pale look to my lips as well which looked nice and natural. I applied some to my top and bottoms lips and rubbed them together and then applied a little more. The lip balm didn’t seem to feel too greasy when rubbing both my lips together. After applying the product I stepped back and looked in the mirror and quite liked how the product made my lips look. They look moisturised but they also had a nice shimmer to them as well which I didn’t think was too over the top for the day. On the website some people have said that this product has made their lips go white but I haven’t found this to be the case at all with this product.

The lip balm kept my lips feeling soft and hydrated for a good amount of time before I had to apply some more of the product. Depending on how often you are eating or drinking will depend on how often you need to apply this product. When licking my lips I thought that the lip balm had a slightly strange taste to it, but this didn’t really bother me as I didn’t purchase the product for the taste anyway. The lip balm kept my lips feeling moisturised for a good amount of time and it kept them looking moisturised and healthy. The fact that the lip balm is shimmery gives your lips a healthy and moisturised appearance.

30.07.2014 00:11

Advantages

• "good quality"
                  • light-weight
                  • "easy to clean"
                  • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "no lid to protect tip when in make-up bag"

Now I can apply Gel Liner easily using this brush.

THE PRODUCT: This is the ultimate tool for smooth, precise application or liquid or a cream eyeliner. I actually use gel liner occasionally and am actually using gel liner on my sister when I do her make-up for her wedding and I thought this would be the perfect tool to apply the product with. As the brush tip is made from silicone it means that it doesn't drag or pull at the eyelid when using it, and it also means that it can be cleaned easily. The brush come in plastic packaging clearly stating what the product is and what you can use it for. The brush handle is mainly purple and it clearly states on the side of the brush what this brush is used for. All the purple handled brushes mean that they are for the face and the gold colour handled brushes are for the face. The brush handle does have a black end to it which feels nice and smooth and slightly soft as well. The brush is a good length and around the length you would expect from a fill size make-up brush. The silicone tip to the brush is a white colour.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the brush from my local Boots store for 5.99.

USING THE BRUSH:The silicone tip on the end of the brush is quite flexible but at the same time is also slightly stiff. The brush is very lightweight and easy to hold and I found the eyeliner very easy to apply to the lid. The brush doesn’t drag along the eyelids and it ensures you can apply the product easily without making a mess. As the silicone tip is thing it means you can create a nice thin line close to the last line but you can also thicken this up using the side of the brush. The brush picks up a good amount of product so you may find that you don’t need to keep dipping it into the pot of gel liner in order to apply some more. I found the brush easy to use on my sister and it was also easy to use on myself as well to apply the product to my eyes. As the brush is made from silicone it does mean that it can be wiped easily with a facial cleansing wipe to ensure it’s nice and clean ready for when you use it next time

23.07.2014 12:51

Advantages

• "long lasting"
                  • "blends well"
                  • "easy to apply"
                  • "beautiful range of colours"

Disadvantages

• "the price"

Beautiful eye shadows that blend together & are long lasting.

THE PRODUCT: These eye shadows from the Body Shop are intensely pigmented and come in a pearlescent and matte colour (depending on the colour) and they have a silky-soft texture. The eye shadows are really easy to blend and are great for building up layers or colour. They can be used on their own or together to create different looks and effects. Then eye shadow opens from the front and the lid stays attached to the rest of the packaging. This is great as it means there is no chance of the lid falling off when the eye shadow is in your make-up bag. I purchased two eye shadows, one of which was a very light beige colour called ‘Oh, Honey’ and another one which was a copper looking colour and was called ‘Melt My Heart’.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The eye shadow is prices at 7.00 which does seem a little pricey for one eye-shadow but they are very good quality and look lovely on. The eye shadow comes in 30 different shades.

USING THE PRODUCT: The eye shadows can be used wet or dry, depending on the look you are trying to create and how intense you want the colour to look. To apply this product I use a Body Shop eye shadow brush (£9.00) which can be purchased in store or online. I carefully ran the brush over the top of the eye shadow a few times to ensure that there was a good amount on the brush. I did blow the brush lightly to get rid of any loose bits of the eye shadow; although there didn’t seem to be much. I carefully ran the brush lightly over my eye lid to cover it in the eye shadow. Although I could see that there was some eye shadow on there I wanted the colour to be a little stronger so I ran the brush over the eye shadow again and then applied a little more, ensuring I applied a little into the corners of my eyes (do this carefully) and also as close to the lower lash line as possible. I finished the look off with a little brown eye liner (also from The Body Shop) as close to the lower lash line as possible. I applied this quite lightly and smudged it slightly to soften the lines. I then used eye lash curlers and applied a few coats of mascara to complete the look.

RESULTS: When looking in the mirror at the finished results I loved the look of the eye shadow and it looked even better with the brown eye liner on my lower lash line. When checking on my make-up half way through the day the eye shadow still looked great and it hadn’t really worn off at all which I was impressed with. At the end of that day I removed make make-up using a facial cleansing wipe (Simple cleansing wipes) and I found that the eye shadow came off effortlessly without me having to rub at my eyes.

16.07.2014 09:59

Advantages

• protects
                  • moisturising
                  • non-sticky
                  • "easy to apply"

Disadvantages

• "I prefer my other brand"
                  • "doesn't help me to tan"

A reasonable sun spray that protects but doesn''t help me to tan.

THE PRODUCT: This particular sun spray is called Protect & Tan becomes it claims to support the skin?s natural tanning ability. I actually had a Piz Buin spray at home which is meant to help enhance the skin?s natural tanning as well and I have found it to be quite good. I was hoping that boots own version was going to be reasonably good as well. Soltan spray has been formulated with an innovative ingredient that helps to stimulate the body?s natural tanning production. They claim that the spray is light and disappears into your skin leaving a no sticky residue. It provides continuous moisturisation for silky-soft skin which helps to prevent peeling. This product has been awarded a maximum of five stars against deep-down skin damage caused by UVA rays. The lotion is also water resistant and has been dermatologically tested.

PRICE/AVAIALBILITY: I purchased a 200ml bottle of this from my local Boots store for 7.00 as it?s currently on offer for half price. Otherwise the product is priced at 14.00. This spray comes in a factor 8, 15 and 30.

USING THE PRODUCT: I shook the bottle well before use and applied it at least 15mins before going out into the sun. The spray comes out in a fine mist but you can see that it?s white in colour. It has that typical sun cream smell to it but I don?t mind this. I found the spray easy to rub into my skin without it feeling sticky. I took a good 10mins applying this product to the areas of my skin that would be exposed to the sun. It states to re-apply this again when in the sun and then every 1-2hours. The spray actually made my skin look moisturised and healthy which I was pleased with as it wasn?t left feeling greasy or sticky. I was out and about in the sun for a few hours before re-applying the product to my arms, chest and back again. I probably didn?t need to apply it again because I wasn?t directly in the sun and tried to stay in the shade but I didn?t think it would hurt applying more of the product anyway. When getting back to the hotel at the end of the day I was glad to see that my skin hadn?t burnt and it still looked and felt moisturised. My skin didn?t look any different in terms of a tan though and no colour had started to develop. I was a little disappointed by this, although the main thing was that my skin wasn?t burnt which was the main reason for buying sun spray in the first place. I used the spray the following day when it was warm again and I didn?t get burnt. Again no colour or not even a slight tan had started to develop.