kiss_me2070

• Comments

Member since: 06.10.2008

• Carmex Cherry Flavoured Lip Balm / Lip Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.09.2014 09:17

Advantages

• "helps dry/chaooed lips"
      • smoothes
      • moisturises
      • soothes

Disadvantages

• "doesn't taste of anything"
      • "not sure about the tingling"

A good lip balm but definitely not my favourite.

THE PRODUCT: I finished my most recent lip balm a few weeks ago and needed some more so I decided to try this product out to see what it was like. Carmex lip balm contains a unique blend of ingredients, including natural moisturisers such as cocoa butter and lanolin. These and other emollients give you healthy-looking lips by restoring lost moisture and preventing dryness and chapping. The lip balm itself comes in a round pot, of which the bottom half is made from plastic and is white in colour, whereas the top is made from metal and is a yellow colour. On the top of the lid it again tells you what the product is and what it does. The lid unscrews easily to reveal the lip balm which looks like a yellowish colour and has a nice light scent of cherries to it.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the lip balm from my local boots store for £2.69 which I thought was very reasonable.

USING THE PRODUCT: I ensure that my fingertip is clean before applying the product to my lips. I rubbed my fingertip over the surface of the lip balm lightly and carefully applied this to my lips. I then rubbed my lips together to ensure that the product was evenly over my lips. After doing this I was surprised to feel that my lips started to feel a little tingly which I have to admit felt a little odd at first and I immediately thought that I was experiencing a reaction with the product but upon reading reviews it seems as though that this feeling is normal. When I licked my lips I couldn't really taste anything from the lip balm and it didn't even have a slight sweet cherry taste which I thought it may have had. The tingly feeling in my lips went on for a good few minutes before calming down a little. My lips instantly felt moisturised and they looked moisturised as well. My top lip was actually slightly dry before using the product and I found that when applying this product regularly it really helped to soothe my lips and to also help with the dryness I was experiencing. I continued to use the product over the next few days and my lips did appear to look and feel a lot better and less sore/chapped than they were before I had started using the product.

• Kerplunk / Board Game / 11 Readings / 10 Ratings
      28.08.2014 09:11

Advantages

• "on offer with other games in argos"
      • "good game of skill"

Disadvantages

• "not as strong as it used to be"
      • "marbles get stuck in the main tube"
      • "takes longer to set up than it does play"
      • "Colours aren't as bright as they used to be"
      • "plastic thin/flimsy"

It takes longer to set up this game than it does to play it!

ABOUT THE GAME: Ker Plunk is a game that has been around since 1967 and was first marketed by the Ideal Toy Company. I knew it had been around for quite a while as I remember having this game as a child. Many of you are probably very familiar with this game and may also have played it at some point in your life. Since the game was first launched it has had many make-overs, which has changed the look of the game very slightly to make it look more modern and attractive to children. The game contains various different pieces which need to be slotted and clipped together in order to be able to actually play the game. This game is now made by Hasbro who make a huge range of children’s games. This game is described as a nerve-racking game that keeps you on the edge of your seat and tests your skill and judgement. If you pick the wrong stick and all the marbles fall down then the game is over and you lose. This game has been described as classic which is great for the whole family to keep you entertained for hours.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The game can be purchased from Argos for £14.99 and other places such as Amazon.

SETTING UP THE GAME: In the box there are some instructions, marbles and some plastic sticks in the box as well. To set up the game you need to clip all the parts together. The top part of the game which will holds the marbles look the same and once clipped together there should be a large hole in the top and the bottom. This also has lots of little holes around it which later enables you to put the sticks through them. The two parts which make up the tube also slot together easily and this fits into the base and then the top part goes securely on top. I have to admit that compared to the Ker-Plunk version I had when I was a child I was very surprised at how flimsy the plastic was and the colours were no-where near as bright as they were in my version of the game. The next job is to put all the coloured sticks through the holes in the top so that they go into one side and out the other. This is easy to do but does take a few good minutes doing this. The sticks can go in one side and straight out the other side or you can put them in at an angle. My nephew enjoys putting the sticks in ready to play the game. Once all the sticks are in place you then need to carefully put the marbles into the top. These should balance on the sticks, but if any do fall out straight away we normally just pop them back in the top again ready to play.

PLAYING THE GAME: To play the game you need to gently turn the tube/middle part of the game so that the hole at the bottom faces you and then that player must carefully remove a stick from the top. This can be a little stiff to move so I have to help my younger nephew out with this, otherwise he tends to knock it over. Once the player has touched a stick they have to take that particular one and can't change their mind. Some of the sticks are easy to remove than others. My older nephew seemed to do quite a good job at removing sticks that ensured that no marbles dropped down. Once they have had their go, it's then the next person's turn. They have to repeat the process by turning the tube part of the game and removing a stick. You have to turn the tube as it means that it any marbles fall out they will go into your section rather than anyone else's. Keep taking it in turns removing the straws until there are no more marbles left in the top. The winner is the person at the end of the game with the least amount of marbles. We found that the marbles kept getting stuck at the bottom of the tube when they were falling down which was rather annoying. With this game it can last just a few minutes or longer, depending on what sticks the players take out. If you happen to move a stick which is supporting a lot of the marbles and they all drop than they game can be over so quickly. The game is played exactly the same way as it was when I had the game, although it just didn't seem as fun to me as it was when I had it, but maybe that's because I'm no longer a child.

25.08.2014 14:41

Advantages

• "gentle/kind to eyes"
      • "long lasting"
      • "nice range of colours"
      • "easy to apply"
      • "comes with applicator"

Disadvantages

• "Nothing I can think of"

Gorgeous eye shadows that last.

THE PRODUCT: I am reviewing Little Round Pot eye shadow which is by Bourjois. This eye shadow has been around for years and has an exclusive baked formula which gives the powder an extreme softness and allows you to blend the colours as much as you want. Bourjois have been using this ‘baked technology’ since 1863. I am always on the look-out for new eye shadows to try and some of the colours in this range really appealed to me when browsing the Bourjois range in my local Superdrug store. The eye shadows in this range comes in a huge of on-tend colours to choose from and they also come in pearly, glittery and iridescent shades with matte effects. The eye shadow comes in a small round pot which has an attached lid to it. The colour of the packaging refers to the shade of the eye shadow which I like the idea of as you can easily determine the shade without having to open the packaging if you have quite a few of these particular eye shadows.

PRICE/AVAIKABILITY: I purchased the eye shadow from my local Superdrug store for around £6.99, which I think is reasonable for a good quality eye shadow such as this one.

USING THE PRODUCT: The applicator that comes with the eye shadow is perfect for applying the product with and despite its small size I find it very easy to use and hold. I normally wipe the applicator over the top of the powder gently to ensure that a good amount is on the sponge applicator and then I carefully apply this to my eye lids. I tend to do this a few times so I can build the colour up a little. The shade I chose (Beige Rose) is a very pale pink colour and when using it dry it’s very subtle but is noticeable. I actually found that this particular shade made my blue eyes slightly brighter and made me eyes look more awake. The eye shadow is easy to apply and feels nice and soft when using the applicator supplied. I actually applied the eye shadow mid-morning and I found that it stayed looking great all day without fading too much or wearing off. To use the product wet I simply run the applicator under some running water and squeeze it slightly and then apply the eye shadow as normal. This makes the eye shadow look a little more intense and the colour does appear to look more noticeable. I only really tend to do this when wearing this particular eye shadow on a night out or for a special occasion. Even when applying the eye shadow slightly wet I find that it lasts the same amount of time as it would if I had applied it dry. My boyfriend’s mother actually commented on how nice my eyes looked when wearing the eye shadow dry, so it’s obviously noticeable. During the day I didn’t experience any problems such as dry or itchy eyes, which is good as I do have sensitive eyes. At the end of the day I found that the eye shadow was easily removed using a cleansing wipe. I didn’t need to rub at my eyes in order to remove the product.

19.08.2014 15:13

Advantages

• "doesn't clog pores"
        • "kind to skin"
        • "matte appearance"
        • "helps make-up last longer"
        • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "some may not like the gel consistency"

A decent Primer from The Body Shop.

THE PRODUCT: The primer is suitable for normal and oily skin and helps to create a smooth base for foundation. It has been designed to deter shine and help make-up last longer. The primer smoothes the skin as well giving it a nice matte appearance that looks nice and natural. The primer comes in a clear tube, although the tube does have a silver strip across the top. The screw on lid to the tube is clear and it clearly states on the front of the tube what the product is. This primer is a gel like formula which some people may find a little strange when using the product for the first time.The primer is a nice size so fits easily into my make-up bag and the lid stays securely on so that the product doesn't spill out once it’s in my make-up bag.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the primer from my local store for £12.00 which is the price of a 25ml tube.

USING THE PRODUCT: The primer itself is clear and is like a gel as it dispenses from the tube. The primer has a silky smooth texture to it and it feels very smooth as I applied it to my face. I found the primer very easy to apply and I also found that a little goes a long way so if you are using a lot more than a pea-sized amount then I think you are using way too much of the product. I spent a good few minutes applying the primer to my face ensuring I had used it all over, although not on the eyelids as I use a lid primer. The primer felt nice and light on my skin and didn't leave it feeling heavy. The primer doesn't smell of anything. I always wait for another 5 minutes before applying any make-up which gives the primer time to settle onto your skin. When feeling my face just before applying make-up I was impressed at how smooth it felt.

RESULTS: I applied my foundation as normal and I found that the primer helped to give a nice matte finish to my skin whereas if I hadn't used the primer my skin wouldn't have looked so matte. I applied my make up in the morning and it stayed looking great all morning, afternoon and into the evening as well before taking my make-up off. During the day I definitely didn't need to re-apply any of my make-up and it still looked great when checking on it in the afternoon. My make-up hadn't even become patchy, although I did need to apply a little loose powder to my chin as it was starting to look a little shiny. I have heard a few people say that this product makes no different to their make-up but it did for me and I found that it works really well to help make up last longer.

08.08.2014 12:32

Advantages

• light-weight
          • retractable
          • super-soft
          • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "a little big for make-up bags"

A beautiful and easy to use bronzer brush.

THE PRODUCT: This particular brush is firm and provides a smooth application for all-day perfection. The brush itself is a gold colour which is the colour of all the face brushes in the Real Techniques range. The brush looks quite chunky but it's nice and light-weight The brush come with an orange/yellow colours lid which protects the brush when not in use. When removing this, it reveals the actual brush which feels super soft. The hairs to the brush are mainly black although they have white tips to them. I actually can't believe how soft the hairs to the brush are when rubbing it across my skin. To put the brush away simply push up the top part of the brush handle, this will reveal the section which covers the brush and has 'Real Techniques' in a print all over it. Simply place the lid back on and push down and the brush is neatly packed away ready for next use. It states on the side of the brush what you can use it for.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the product from my local Superdrug store and I honestly can't remember how much I paid for it. On the boots website they have this brush at £13.99.

USING THE PRODUCT: I took the lid off the brush and swirled this over the top of the bronzer I was using (Smashbox brand) and then applied this to the different areas of my face. I didn't apply it all over ym face as I wanted a natural bronze look so I applied this to my cheeks, temples and on my forehead. I then also applied a little to my chin as well, as these are areas where the sun would naturally tan my face. After swirling the brush over the bronzer I could see that the white hairs had picked up a good amount of the product. As I applied the bronzer to my face the hairs to brush felt so smooth and soft against my skin. The brush wasn't scratchy or harsh and it seemed to apply the bronzer really well. When looking in the mirror I was very happy with the results from the way I had use the bronzer and how easy it was to apply and blend using the brush. The brush seems quite chunky but because it's light its nice and easy to hold. After using the brush I pulled the top part of the brush up and then put the lid back on.

05.08.2014 12:39

Advantages

• "blends foundation perfectly"
          • "easy to clean"
          • "professional finish"
          • "helps to apply foundation"

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Giving my make-up High Definition results.

THE PRODUCT: This product is a 3-in-1 multi-functional sponge featuring rounded sides which are perfect for blending large areas of the face with a repeated 'dabbing' or 'stippling' motion. The sponge has a pointed tip to it perfect for covering blemishes and imperfections and the flat edge to the sponge contours around the eyes and the nose. The versatile design of this sponge evenly blends makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. The sponge comes in one colour which is a reasonably bright orange colour. The sponge comes in plastic packaging like all the other Real Techniques products and it clearly tells you on the front of the packaging what the product is. On the back of the packaging it tells you how you can use the different area of the sponge and it also gives you the Real Techniques web address. When taking the sponge out of the packaging it feels’s very soft.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the sponge from my local boots store for £5.99 which I thought was very reasonable.

USING THE PRODUCT: I always dispense some foundation onto the back of my hand to let it warm up. I then dipped the side of the sponge into the foundation ready to apply to larger area of my face such as the cheeks and the forehead. I also applied this over my nose. The rounded side edges made the foundation really easy to apply and blend and the sponge feel nice and soft against my skin. After I ensured that this was all blended I then used the other parts of the sponge to finish off the look. I used the flat edge of the sponge and dipped this gently into the foundation and use this around the eyes and the nose area. The flat edge is great s it means you can get underneath the lash line to help cover any dark circles you may have in this area. I also found it really easy to use around the nose as well to ensure there was good coverage in this area. I did have 1 or 2 blemishes so I went on to use the tip of the sponge for this. I dabbed the tip into the foundation ensuring there was only a little on the tip and I gently dabbed this onto the blemish. I dabbed it a few times so that the blemish was covered nicely but also blended in with the rest of the foundation. When stepping back and looking in the mirror I was really pleased with the results and the coverage of the foundation I had just applied. My foundation had a lovely, natural finish to it and it was blended very well.

30.07.2014 22:01

Advantages

• "lips look healthy"
          • "long lasting"
          • "easy to apply"
          • moisturising

Disadvantages

• price

Moisturised, shimmering lips that look gorgeous.

THE PRODUCT: The sweetly-scents lip balm repairs and moisturises lips whilst giving them a luscious, golden shimmer. I thought this would be a great lip balm to wear during the warmer weather with some neutral make-up. The lip balm comes in a round pot which is brown in colour and has lines all around it. The design of the pot fits perfectly with the name of the product (Honey Bronze). There is a very small label on the bottom of the pot which opens to reveal a list of ingredients. The lid to the pot unscrews to reveal the lip balm which looks a very neutral pale pink colour. You can see that the lip balm is slightly shimmery as well, although not glittery. There is a slight sweet smell to the lip balm which is quite pleasant.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY:A 6ml pot of the lip balm is priced at 6.00 which seems rather pricey, although I didn’t pay full price for this product as I received some money off using my discount card

USING THE PRODUCT: The lip balm is nice and easy to apply using a clean finger and I find that it goes onto the lips easily. As soon as I applied some of the product to my lips I could see that it was shimmery. The lip balm also gave a very slight pale look to my lips as well which looked nice and natural. I applied some to my top and bottoms lips and rubbed them together and then applied a little more. The lip balm didn’t seem to feel too greasy when rubbing both my lips together. After applying the product I stepped back and looked in the mirror and quite liked how the product made my lips look. They look moisturised but they also had a nice shimmer to them as well which I didn’t think was too over the top for the day. On the website some people have said that this product has made their lips go white but I haven’t found this to be the case at all with this product.

The lip balm kept my lips feeling soft and hydrated for a good amount of time before I had to apply some more of the product. Depending on how often you are eating or drinking will depend on how often you need to apply this product. When licking my lips I thought that the lip balm had a slightly strange taste to it, but this didn’t really bother me as I didn’t purchase the product for the taste anyway. The lip balm kept my lips feeling moisturised for a good amount of time and it kept them looking moisturised and healthy. The fact that the lip balm is shimmery gives your lips a healthy and moisturised appearance.

30.07.2014 00:11

Advantages

• "good quality"
            • light-weight
            • "easy to clean"
            • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "no lid to protect tip when in make-up bag"

Now I can apply Gel Liner easily using this brush.

THE PRODUCT: This is the ultimate tool for smooth, precise application or liquid or a cream eyeliner. I actually use gel liner occasionally and am actually using gel liner on my sister when I do her make-up for her wedding and I thought this would be the perfect tool to apply the product with. As the brush tip is made from silicone it means that it doesn't drag or pull at the eyelid when using it, and it also means that it can be cleaned easily. The brush come in plastic packaging clearly stating what the product is and what you can use it for. The brush handle is mainly purple and it clearly states on the side of the brush what this brush is used for. All the purple handled brushes mean that they are for the face and the gold colour handled brushes are for the face. The brush handle does have a black end to it which feels nice and smooth and slightly soft as well. The brush is a good length and around the length you would expect from a fill size make-up brush. The silicone tip to the brush is a white colour.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the brush from my local Boots store for 5.99.

USING THE BRUSH:The silicone tip on the end of the brush is quite flexible but at the same time is also slightly stiff. The brush is very lightweight and easy to hold and I found the eyeliner very easy to apply to the lid. The brush doesn’t drag along the eyelids and it ensures you can apply the product easily without making a mess. As the silicone tip is thing it means you can create a nice thin line close to the last line but you can also thicken this up using the side of the brush. The brush picks up a good amount of product so you may find that you don’t need to keep dipping it into the pot of gel liner in order to apply some more. I found the brush easy to use on my sister and it was also easy to use on myself as well to apply the product to my eyes. As the brush is made from silicone it does mean that it can be wiped easily with a facial cleansing wipe to ensure it’s nice and clean ready for when you use it next time

23.07.2014 12:51

Advantages

• "long lasting"
            • "blends well"
            • "easy to apply"
            • "beautiful range of colours"

Disadvantages

• "the price"

Beautiful eye shadows that blend together & are long lasting.

THE PRODUCT: These eye shadows from the Body Shop are intensely pigmented and come in a pearlescent and matte colour (depending on the colour) and they have a silky-soft texture. The eye shadows are really easy to blend and are great for building up layers or colour. They can be used on their own or together to create different looks and effects. Then eye shadow opens from the front and the lid stays attached to the rest of the packaging. This is great as it means there is no chance of the lid falling off when the eye shadow is in your make-up bag. I purchased two eye shadows, one of which was a very light beige colour called ‘Oh, Honey’ and another one which was a copper looking colour and was called ‘Melt My Heart’.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The eye shadow is prices at 7.00 which does seem a little pricey for one eye-shadow but they are very good quality and look lovely on. The eye shadow comes in 30 different shades.

USING THE PRODUCT: The eye shadows can be used wet or dry, depending on the look you are trying to create and how intense you want the colour to look. To apply this product I use a Body Shop eye shadow brush (£9.00) which can be purchased in store or online. I carefully ran the brush over the top of the eye shadow a few times to ensure that there was a good amount on the brush. I did blow the brush lightly to get rid of any loose bits of the eye shadow; although there didn’t seem to be much. I carefully ran the brush lightly over my eye lid to cover it in the eye shadow. Although I could see that there was some eye shadow on there I wanted the colour to be a little stronger so I ran the brush over the eye shadow again and then applied a little more, ensuring I applied a little into the corners of my eyes (do this carefully) and also as close to the lower lash line as possible. I finished the look off with a little brown eye liner (also from The Body Shop) as close to the lower lash line as possible. I applied this quite lightly and smudged it slightly to soften the lines. I then used eye lash curlers and applied a few coats of mascara to complete the look.

RESULTS: When looking in the mirror at the finished results I loved the look of the eye shadow and it looked even better with the brown eye liner on my lower lash line. When checking on my make-up half way through the day the eye shadow still looked great and it hadn’t really worn off at all which I was impressed with. At the end of that day I removed make make-up using a facial cleansing wipe (Simple cleansing wipes) and I found that the eye shadow came off effortlessly without me having to rub at my eyes.

16.07.2014 09:59

Advantages

• protects
            • moisturising
            • non-sticky
            • "easy to apply"

Disadvantages

• "I prefer my other brand"
            • "doesn't help me to tan"

A reasonable sun spray that protects but doesn''t help me to tan.

THE PRODUCT: This particular sun spray is called Protect & Tan becomes it claims to support the skin?s natural tanning ability. I actually had a Piz Buin spray at home which is meant to help enhance the skin?s natural tanning as well and I have found it to be quite good. I was hoping that boots own version was going to be reasonably good as well. Soltan spray has been formulated with an innovative ingredient that helps to stimulate the body?s natural tanning production. They claim that the spray is light and disappears into your skin leaving a no sticky residue. It provides continuous moisturisation for silky-soft skin which helps to prevent peeling. This product has been awarded a maximum of five stars against deep-down skin damage caused by UVA rays. The lotion is also water resistant and has been dermatologically tested.

PRICE/AVAIALBILITY: I purchased a 200ml bottle of this from my local Boots store for 7.00 as it?s currently on offer for half price. Otherwise the product is priced at 14.00. This spray comes in a factor 8, 15 and 30.

USING THE PRODUCT: I shook the bottle well before use and applied it at least 15mins before going out into the sun. The spray comes out in a fine mist but you can see that it?s white in colour. It has that typical sun cream smell to it but I don?t mind this. I found the spray easy to rub into my skin without it feeling sticky. I took a good 10mins applying this product to the areas of my skin that would be exposed to the sun. It states to re-apply this again when in the sun and then every 1-2hours. The spray actually made my skin look moisturised and healthy which I was pleased with as it wasn?t left feeling greasy or sticky. I was out and about in the sun for a few hours before re-applying the product to my arms, chest and back again. I probably didn?t need to apply it again because I wasn?t directly in the sun and tried to stay in the shade but I didn?t think it would hurt applying more of the product anyway. When getting back to the hotel at the end of the day I was glad to see that my skin hadn?t burnt and it still looked and felt moisturised. My skin didn?t look any different in terms of a tan though and no colour had started to develop. I was a little disappointed by this, although the main thing was that my skin wasn?t burnt which was the main reason for buying sun spray in the first place. I used the spray the following day when it was warm again and I didn?t get burnt. Again no colour or not even a slight tan had started to develop.

11.07.2014 09:34

Advantages

• "very different looking bottle"
              • "not too sweet"
              • "fruity & sweet"
              • "gorgeous scent"

Disadvantages

Gorgeous but a shame it doesn't last longer

ABOUT THE PERFUME: Wonderstruck is a charming and sparkling surprise of vibrant fruits, kissed by a bouquet of soft petals and a touch of sweet indulgence. I prefer fruity scents to floral ones so this perfume sounded perfect. The main scents within the perfume are the flawless beauty of freesia; apple blossom and raspberry spark which gives it a swirl of vibrancy and feminine allure. In the heart of the perfume is the sweet surprise if vanilla which is embellished by airy, sun drenched honeysuckle and white hibiscus. You can also smell notes of golden amber and sandalwood which are woven in with a kiss of lush peach. The perfume comes in a square box which seems quite colourful when comparing it to other perfume''s I have got on my shelf.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the bottle of perfume from one of my mail order catalogues so I can''t remember exactly how much I paid for the 30ml bottle; although it wasn''t any more than 20.00 pounds.

THE PERFUME: When you spray the perfume it smells quite sweet at first; how-ever this seems to disperse very quickly and the scent then lightens into a much lighter fragrance. The scent I think smells very fruit mid-way through the perfume but unfortunately this doesn''t last very long. I could definitely make out the fruity scents such as the apple blossom and the raspberry spark. The sweet scent of the honeysuckle is definitely noticeable and you can smell a slight floral scent as well which smells nice amongst the light fruit scent.

Thankfully the floral scents aren''t too strong and I think the perfume smells fruity rather than anything else. Once the perfume has settled down a little the smell of the sweet vanilla becomes quite obvious; although this surprisingly doesn''t smell too sweet and goes lovely with the fruity scents. I could smell the lush peach scent as well which smelt gorgeous entwined with the vanilla scent. Every now and again, during the day I would get occasional wafts from the perfume. I found that the scent does seem to fade very quickly and although I spritzed this a few times in the morning by the afternoon I could no longer smell the perfume which was a bit disappointing as I thought the scent was gorgeous. Although this scent is quite fruity I think it can be used all year round and not just during the summer. As the scent of the perfume doesn''t last very long I would probably use it for day and night as it doesn''t smell too strong for the day.

09.07.2014 10:16

Advantages

• "kind to skin"
              • "matte finish"
              • "silky smooth"
              • "makes make-up last longer"

Disadvantages

• "can make you appear to look white"

A great powder when not being photographed.

THE PRODUCT: This powder is translucent so you don''t have to worry about finding the right shade for you. The powder comes in a black box with a picture of the product on the front along with the name of the product as well. On the back it gives you some information about the product and warning information. It also lists the ingredients as well. When opening the box this reveals the powder which is in a round pot made from a strong plastic. The bottom of the pot is clear and you can see the white powder inside. The screw on lid is black and has ?Smashbox'' printed on the top of it. When unscrewing the lid this reveals a tray which has a number of holes in, which is where the powder dispenses out of. This should have a round sticker on it when first buying the product and this can be removed easily when you are ready to apply the product to your face. The pot of powder looks quite small and thin; how-ever I presume this is because you don''t need to use a lot when applying the powder.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY:I purchased this from a Smashbox Cosmetics counter in my local Boots store. The product is priced at 18.00 which I thought was reasonable, so long as it was a good as product as people have said about it.

USING THE PRODUCT: I applied all of my make up as normal which included concealer, foundation and a little bronzer and blush. I tipped the pot upside down and unscrewed the lid with the pot upside down to dispense some of the powder into the lid to apply to my face. You do need to do this carefully so it''s best to unscrew the pot slowly to ensure that you don''t spill any of the powder. The powder itself is white in colour and is extremely fine and is probably the finest make-up powder I have ever seen. I was going to use a small but fluffy brush to apply this product to my face. I would suggest closing your eyes when applying the powder as it does stated on the packaging to avoid getting it directly into the eyes. I found the powder went on easily using the brush I had chosen. The powder was very silky when applying it and went on smoothly. After applying the powder to my face I used a slightly bigger brush to ensure that it was distributed evenly over my face. With this powder you have to be very careful when applying it. A little of this powder goes a long way and you have to ensure that it''s blended into your face well otherwise you will be left with white areas on your face, which I was soon to find out! After applying the powder, I looked in the mirror and loved the matte looking finish that the powder gave my face.

RESULTS: I thought I had applied this powder very well as when looking in the mirror the powder looked as though it had been blended well. It wasn''t until at least an hour after I had applied the powder that my boyfriend told me I had a white smear under one eye. This resulted in a very odd looking photograph when me and him went to visit the Spinnaker Tower, so for obvious reasons this photograph was not purchased! Luckily I was able to rub this and the white smear under my eye/on my cheek was soon blended in with the rest of my make-up. My make-up actually stayed looking great all day and I do feel as though it made my make-up, especially my foundation last a long longer than what it normally would. The powder gave my skin a smooth and silky finish and my skin looked matte and healthy. When applying the powder on a different occasion I did spend plenty of time ensuring that the powder was very well blended and that I didn''t have any white patches on my face. Again this powder kept my make-up looking great all day. I found the powder light on my skin and it didn''t clog any pores or cause me to have any breakouts. I used a facial cleansing wipe to remove my make-up and the product came off easily.

• The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
              09.07.2014 10:10

Advantages

• "looks natural"

Disadvantages

Natural looking lashes.

THE PRODUCT: This is The Body Shop''s classic mascara and it gives your lashes volume and intense colour. The mascara coats your lashes without clumping and it''s even suitable for contact lens wearers. When looking on The Body Shop website the mascara has mostly good reviews, so I was looking forwards to trying out this product to see what it was like. The mascara comes in a dark blue tube which has a silver lid to it and it clearly states on the front of the product the brand and the name of the product. On the bottom of the tube is a round sticker which represents the shade of the mascara which in this case is black. This mascara does also come in brown as well. When unscrewing the mascara lid it reveals the wand which looks slightly different to what I am used to using. It looks as through the stiff hairs to the brush are close together and spiral round the wand rather than being all over the wand itself. You can see that a good amount of mascara is on the brush when removing it from the tube.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The mascara on its own is priced at 10 which does seem a little pricey; how-ever when comparing this to other brands of mascara I think the price is actually reasonable, especially as my previous mascara I was using isn''t that much cheaper than this.

08.07.2014 09:35

Advantages

• "kind to skin"
              • "leaves skin feeling soft"
              • "removes make up"
              • refreshing

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Refreshing & gentle cleansing wipes.

THE PRODUCT: The wipes can be used on the face and eyes and they are formulated especially for dry and sensitive skin. In one step the wipes remove make-up and impurities leaving skin feeling perfectly cleansed, nourished and soothed. I have sensitive skin and sometimes suffer from dry patches so these wipes would be perfect for me. Although I don''t often wear waterproof mascara these wipes claim to remove this kind of mascara easily. The cleansing wipes come in a white plastic packet and clearly states on the front that the wipe are for dry and sensitive skin. On the back of the packet it tells you a little about the wipe and also lists the ingredients. You can a total of 25 wipes in each pack. To open the pack you need to simply pull back the plastic seal which is the part of the packet on the top with the writing on. This peels back easily to reveal an oval hole in which the wipes can gently be pulled out singly ready for use. These wipes are hypo-allergenic, contains no alcohol and they are dermatologically tested.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY:I purchased the wipes from my local Boots store for 2.81 where they were on offer. The full price of the wipes is normally 3.75.

USING THE WIPES: Use the wipe on the face and neck by gently wiping in circular motions. I peeled back the re-sealable tab and gently pulled out one of the wipes. The wipe was easy to remove singly, without pulling more than one wipe out at a time. The wipe was good size and felt like a good thickness as well. I could feel that it was damp but it didn''t feel too wet. The wipe felt lovely and cooling against my face and it also felt gentle unlike some wipes which feel scratchy on the skin. I used the wipe gently on my eyes without rubbing too hard and I found that the mascara and the other make-up I had on and around my eyes was removed very easily.

I like that the wipes felt cooling on my eyes which was quite refreshing. When looking at the wipe after removing my make-up I could see that the wipe was covered in my make-up so I could see that it had done a good job at removing it all. I have even used the wipes on my face when wearing no make-up and I can see that the wipe removes dirt and impurities. I have been using the wipes for at least 1 week now and the wipes have caused no problems with my skin such as any spots or irritated skin. The wipes have a gentle but refreshing scent to them which I rather like as it makes your face feel fresh when using them.

08.07.2014 09:31

Advantages

• "water turns blue"
              • "kind to skin"
              • "smells nice"

Disadvantages

Who put Rice Krispies in my bath!?

THE PRODUCT: Fizzbanger is a Catherine wheel of a bath bomb. The bath bomb changes colour as it fizzes around the tub, crackling with popping candy as it goes. As the bath bomb fizzes in the water it releases a citrussy apple and then a cinnamon, apple pie scent with a hint of ylang ylang. The bath bomb also contains Petitgrain which is used in aromatherapy to calm the breathing, slow the heartbeat and reduce feelings of anxiety. Ylang ylang produces a feeling of joy, and cinnamon leaf oil helps you let go. The bath bomb is round and is a pale yellow colour. I could see a few bits of gold glitter in the bath bomb as well, but there wasn''t too much. The bath bomb smelt citrussy more than anything else and I couldn''t yet smell any hint of the cinnamon scent to the product. I purchased the bath bomb from my local Lush store so it was put into a black paper bag and they stuck a label on the front with the name of the product and how to use it. If you purchase the bath bomb online it will most likely come wrapped in plastic with a label stating the name of the product, how to use it and also a list of ingredients.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the bath bomb from my local Lush store where it is priced at 3.25 which I think is reasonable for this product.

USING THE PRODUCT: I ran my bath and once it was full I dropped the bath bomb into the water. The bath bomb immediately started fizzing away very gently and releasing a pale yellow foam around it. The bath bomb span slightly as it fizzed away gently and started to turn the water a very pale/slight yellow colour. I watched the bath bomb for a while and could soon hear a pop sound from the popping candy which is inside the bath bomb. It was a little strange to hear these noises coming from the bath. Although the bath bomb fizzed away gently it seemed to reduce in size quite quickly. After a few minutes I noticed some blue in the bath bomb, and this started to turn the bath a blue colour. The main scent in the bathroom was a citrussy scent which was light and pleasant. I left the bath bomb for approximately 3-4mins to finish fizzing away. When returning to the bathroom I was a little shocked to see that the water was a gorgeous blue colour. The bathroom also had a slight spicy scent to it which must have been the cinnamon. When getting into the bath I noticed what looked like a small piece of paper in the bath. I picked this out and saw that it had ''Bang'' in large red letters, so this must have been hidden inside the bath bomb. I lay in the bath for a few minutes in the bath with the relaxing scents that surrounded me in the water. I had a wash and relaxed for a few more minutes in the bath. I have to admit that I am not huge fan of spicy scents but the cinnamon scent along with the citrus scent was actually nice as it was too strong. When getting out of the bath and drying my skin with a towel the scent of the product disappeared quite quickly. The scent didn''t stick to my skin; although this didn''t really bother me. In terms of my skin feeling different I didn''t think there was a huge difference in the feel of my skin but my skin didn''t feel dry and the dry patches I did have weren''t irritated by the product. Although the bath bomb doesn''t leave bits in the bath I did give it a quick rinse down anyway.