kiss_me2070

kiss_me2070
  • Comments

Member since: 06.10.2008

20.05.2015 15:18

Advantages

• "makes my skin look healthier"
      • "easy to apply"
      • "light on the skin"
      • "doesn't dry my skin out"
      • "good range of shades"

Disadvantages

• "some shades may look orange"
      • "doesn't last all day"

Not great but not bad either.

ABOUT: BB Creams have been around for a while now and I have only just recently decided to try one. I went for this one as it had quite a lot of high ratings on the Boots website compared to other that were available. This BB cream gives you perfect looking skin instantly. The product claims to blur imperfections, give your skin a natural glow, feel fresh on the skin, compliments skin tone, smoothes and hydrates skin is oil free and non-greasy and it also had SPF 30. There are a total of 4 different shades (Light, Medium, Dark, Universal Glow) so you should be able to find a shade suitable for your skin tone. I am quite pale so I went for the light shade.

PRICE: I purchased a 30ml tube of this from my local Boots store for £7.99 but you can purchase it from Superdrug as well.

IN USE: I always apply a moisturiser and leave it for around 3-5mins before applying the BB Cream. I dispense a small amount onto the back of my hand and applied it to my face using my fingertips. The cream is quite runny and looks rather orange at first which I have to admit was a little worried about as I didn't want my skin to look orange. The cream was easy to apply and felt smooth on my face as I applied it. You only need to apply a thin layer of the cream as stated on the back of the packaging.

RESULTS: After applying the cream my skin did look healthier and it had a slight glow to it as well but I did find that it made me look quite pale; although this is probably because it covered up a few of my freckles and made them a little less obvious. The light shade was perfect for my skin tone as I couldn't actually see that I had any product on my face and my face didn't have an orange tinge to it thankfully. I thought that the cream gave my skin a slight matte like appearance to it as well.

I applied the cream in the morning and by around 1pm although the cheeks and sides of my face still looked great my forehead was starting to look ever so slightly shiny. This wasn't all that obvious though and to be honest if you apply a little more of the cream it would probably help. The cream doesn't last on the skin all day and to be honest I am not sure how well it would last in warmer weather. I did like using this as it was a lot lighter on my skin than foundation and it did appear to make my skin look healthier than what it normally does to when I just use moisturiser on it's own.

OVERALL: Not a great product but it's not a bad one either!

18.05.2015 20:39

Advantages

• "left my skin feeling smooth/soft"
      • "leaves skin feeing fresh/clean"
      • "nice smell"
      • "kind to skin"

Disadvantages

• nothing

Another great face mask from Superdrug

ABOUT: I have just got back into using facial masks on a weekly basis which is what I used to do and I have to admit that my skin looks a lot better when using facial masks on a regular basis. I have sensitive skin so have to be careful with what products I use on my face. This mask is enriched with natural cucumber fruit extract and dead sea minerals. The mask helps to eliminate impurities and soothes skin for a vibrant, fresh faced look. I chose this particular mask as it states on the front that it’s ideal for sensitive skin.

The mask comes in a foil sachet and on the front is states what the product is. There are cucumber slices on the front of the mask and also a lady with half the mask on her face. The mask looks a pale green colour although sometimes I find that these masks are a slightly different colour to what it shows on the packaging. On the back of the sachet it tells you a little about the product and how to apply it. You can also find a list of ingredients as well.

PRICE: This mask is priced at 99p or Superdrug currently have all their face masks on offer on 3 for 2 so this is a great opportunity to stock up on them.

IN USE: Gently massage the mask into cleansed, dry skin using your fingertips, avoiding the eye and lip area. I tore open the sachet which was easy as there is a small triangle shape cut out of the side of the packaging which is where you tear. I then carefully squeezed the sachet so the mask came to the top and I applied the mask to my face as stated. The mask is a light green colour and smells lovely and fresh. The smell does remind me a little of cucumbers which I find is always a fresh scent. The mask wasn’t too thick or too thin and in fact I would say the consistency of it was perfect.

I applied a reasonable layer to my skin and I still had plenty left in the sachet to use again the following week. I just squeezed the mask down to the bottom of the sachet and popped it into a small sandwich bag so that it didn’t leak. Within 2-3 minutes of having the mask on I could feel the mask starting to dry a little which felt slightly strange on my face but I assumed that this was just normal due to it being a clay mask. I left the mask on for 10 minutes and by this time the mask was practically dry all over so my face felt a little stiff. I washed the mask off using lukewarm water. The mask was nice and easy to wash off with a few splashes of water and gentle rub of my face with my hands. After removing the mask and patting my skin dry my face felt really fresh and clean and it also felt smooth and soft as well. I applied some moisturiser and my face felt even softer. I experienced no reactions with this face mask when using it.

OVERALL: Another great face mask from Superdrug.

14.05.2015 22:14

Advantages

• fruity
      • summery
      • "smells gorgeous"

Disadvantages

• "scent dissapears quickly"
      • "very light scent"

A gorgeous scent but very light.

ABOUT: This Yankee Candle Wax Melt is called Pink Sands and contains a beautiful mix of bright citrus, sweet florals and spicy vanilla. The wax tart comes individually wrapped in clear plastic and on the front is a label stating the name of the wax tart and there is also a picture as well which goes with the scent. In this case it looks like a beach although the sand is a pink colour. The plastic is easy to take off the tart simply by using scissors or pulling at the plastic to remove it. The wax tart is a light pink colour and has a pretty scalloped edge to it. It has a gorgeous scent to it but I couldn't quite decide what scent really stood out at the moment.

PRICE: I purchased this from the Yankee Direct website for £1.45 but you can purchase various wax tarts from there and get 10 for the price of 8. You can also purchase this scent in different sized jar candles, tea lights and also air fresheners as well.

IN USE: I placed the wax tart into the top of my Yankee burner and then placed an unscented lit tea light in the bottom. This melts the wax which releases the scent from the tart. The wax tart started melting quite quickly and within 5-8 minutes the whole wax tart had melted leaving a pool of light pink wax in the top. The smell wasn't that strong but it smelt lovely. I could make out the citrus scents every now and again which was the most obvious scent but there were light notes of floral as well; although this wasn't all that strong and I think the citrus scent seemed to over-power the floral scent. To be honest I couldn't really smell any vanilla in the scent at all.

Although the scent was light it still made my bedroom smell gorgeous and the scent was quite obvious when walking into my room. I did keep gettting wafts from the wax tart so sometimes the scent did seem a little stronger at times. I'm not sure this scent would fill a big room due to it being so light. I had the tea light in the bottom of the burner going for a good hour at least bu which time the scent was very slightly stronger. When blowing the tea light out the scent seemed to dissapear very quickly which was a little dissapointing.

OVERALL: A gorgeous scent but very light.

14.05.2015 19:13

Advantages

• long-lasting
        • "good quality"
        • "can be machine washed"
        • "gentle on skin"

Disadvantages

• "Not as hygienic as cotton wool"

I'd be lost without this.

ABOUT: I have been using Body Shop Muslin Cloths for a number of years now and would be lost withouy it. The muslin cloth is made from organically grown cotton and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. Used with cleanser the super-fine muslin cloth helps to remove make-up and impurities as it gently exfoliates the skin. The muslin cloth comes in a small plastic bag and you can clearly see the cloth inside. The cloth is white in colour and is made from very fine cotton. It doesn't feel too soft but it doesn't feel really rough or harsh either.

PRICE: You can purchase this from The Body Shop stores or from their website for £2.50 which I don't actually think is that bad of a price.

IN USE: Although they mention using this product with a cleanser I use it in a different way. After using a face mask I tend to splash off as much of the mask as possible and then use this cloth slightly damp to wipe over my face to ensure all of the mask has gone. The cloth gently exfoliates my skin as I wipe it across my face and when wet the cloth actually feels lovely on my skin and it feels as though it is gently exoliating it. I normally leave the cloth to dry after using it a few times but I do wash it regularly in the machine along with some normal towels. I also use the cloth after using a facial wash sometimes as well to ensure that all the soap is off my face. Despite having used the cloth quite a few times it's still going strong as i haven't come across any issues with it.

OVERALL: This is a great cleansing cloth to be used as part of your facial skincare routine. Highly recommended from me.

• Dove Firming Lotion / Body Care / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
          14.05.2015 18:58

Advantages

• "good value when on offer"
          • "nice scent"
          • moisturises

Disadvantages

• "doesn't really firm that much"

Think I'll stick with Nivea

ABOUT: This firming lotion by Dove claims to give your skin nourishment with added white tea extract which is a well know antioxidant for an invigorating effect. The elasticity of your skin will improve and skin is toned after 24hrs after using the lotion. The lotion comes in a tall bottle which is mainly white in colour and it clearly states on the front what the product. On the back of the bottle is information about the lotion and how to use it. The bottle has a lid which flips open and this reveals a small hole in which to dispense the product out of.

PRICE: You can purchase this from Boots or Superdrug. A 250ml bottle will cost you around £4.90 and a 400ml bottle will cost around £5.99

IN USE: I normally use moisturiser twice a day, once in the morning and in the evening as well just before going to bed. The lotion is white in colour and isn't too thick but isn't too runny either. It felt cool as I applied it to my skin but it also felt nice and silky as well. The lotion has a light scent to it which is quite nice. I found that the lotion takes a couple of minutes to soak into my skin so I always wait a couple of minutes before getting dressed.

RESULTS: After applying the product my skin felt nice and soft and it didn't cause any irritation which was good. I used this lotion morning and night over the course of at least a month and to be honest I didn't notice a huge different in the tone of my skin. My skin did feel moisturised all the time but it didn't really seem to fim up my skin that much.

OVERALL: I wasn't all that impressed with this lotion and to be honest I did expect a little more. I think I am going to go back to my Nivea firming lotion as that one was much better and it made my skin look and feel amazing.

• Staedtler Noris Pencils / Homeware / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
            13.05.2015 19:05

Advantages

• "good value"
            • "brilliant quality"
            • "great range of colours"

Disadvantages

• "better if came in metal/plastic case"

Perfect pencils for adults or children

PRODUCT: I am reviewing Staedtler Noris Club colouring pencils which I purchased a few weeks ago. These classic hexagonal coloured pencils have an anti-break system which makes the pencils 30% stronger than other one’s that are out there. The pencils are lacquered in the lead colour for easy identification and the pencils come in a fantastic array of colours and shades all of which produce intensive colour results. The pencils have a break-resistant lead for smooth, colour intensive results and for uninterrupted creativity.

The pencils come in a cardboard box which clearly states on the front the brand and name of the product. There is a section of the cardboard box which has been cut out so you can see some of the pencils through the packaging and the selection of colour that are included. On the front is a picture of a butterfly which gives an example of the finished results you can expect from the pencils.

PRICE: I purchased a pack of the 24 pencils from Amazon for £4.40 which I thought was a real bargain.

IN USE: I have used the pencils in one of my colouring books and they are lovely to use. I am able to hold the pencil easily in between my fingers and am able to get a good grip on them. The pencil is really light as expected. When colouring in the pencil is lovely and smooth and the coloured barrel is true to the coloured lead of the pencil. Sometimes I apply very little pressure on the pencil for lighter shades and for other areas I may press slightly harder to make the colours a little darker or more vibrant. When pressing slightly harder on the pencil the lead doesn’t seem to break which is good.

When using a range of the different coloured pencils for colouring in it can make the pages look lovely and colourful and pressing down light and hard on the pencil gives the colouring different effects as well. The range of colours in this pack is brilliant and to be honest I wouldn’t want any more colours than what is included in the pack. I have sharpened the pencils a few times and they sharpen very easily and again the leads don’t seem to break when sharpening them like they do with other pencils. I kept the pencils in the cardboard packaging for a bit but then I decided to purchase a pencil case for them as this was easier to store them in and to carry them around if needed.

OVERALL: Good quality colouring pencils suitable for adults and children.

13.05.2015 15:18

Advantages

• "more for adults than children"
              • "lots to see/read about"
              • free

Disadvantages

• "lots of people because it's free"
              • "can get hot"

A great, free museum that is well worth a visit.

ABOUT: The Natural History Museum is in Kensington London and is easy to get there vis bus, train or tube. Here you will see and get the chance to read lots of information about a range of different things including dinosaurs, mammals, fish, amphibians and reptiles, human biology, blue whales, marine invertebrates and more. It is free to get into The Natural History Muesum although certain areas may be busy or may be closed due to being busy or school visits.

VISITING: Me and my sister went here when we had some time to spare in London. In the main entrance is a huge dinosaur skeleton which is truly amazing. Around the main hall there are different ways you can go. There is no specific way but we started off on the left and made our way round. Round the museum is different things to look at such as skeletons and life-sizes models of dinosaurs and other animals. You can also read plenty of information about the animals and what happened to them and why they no longer exist. You also get to learn about the earth such as earthquakes, volcanoes and other things. They have some beautiful information displayed and things you can read at look at such as fossils and other things.

There are also interactive areas as well, where you can do puzzles or other things. The muesum is so big you can easily spend a good couple of hours here. Me and my sister enjoyed the visit here but didn't spend a great deal of time here due to it being rather hot in here at the time, which probably isn't helped by the glass ceilings and windows as it's a very big building. There are various different shops you can visit in the mueseum to buy gifts, souvenirs and other items relating to the different galleries in the mueseum.

At different times of the year they may have additional galleries and things. For example when we visited they had a section about coral reef and also about butterflies but you do have to pay in order to get into these sections, but I have heard that they are well worth it. We didn't visit any of the pay sections when we visited here.

OVERALL: This is a great free museum that is worth a look if you are in the area. Younger children may find it boring but I think adults will find it very interesting.

09.05.2015 07:49

Advantages

• "nice scent"
              • "gentle on my skin"
              • exfoliates

Disadvantages

• "left my skin feeling a little tight"

Getting the glow and radiance back in my skin

ABOUT: The Facial scrub comes in a tube which is white in colour and stands on its lid. It clearly states on the front of the tube what the product is and a pink stripe across the tube stating 'Sensitive', tells you that this particular product is for sensitive skin. There is a picture of half an apricot on the front of the tube. On the back of the tube it tells you a little about the product and how to use it. You can also find a list of ingredients as well.

PRICE: I purchased the facial scrub from my local boots store for £4.29 which was for a 150ml tube of the scrub. You can also purchase this from Superdrug and may also be able to purchase it from some supermarkets.

IN USE: I tied my hair back and filled the sink with lukewarm water and splashed my flash with the water to ensure it was wet. I flipped open the lid to the tube and squeezed it slightly to dispense some of the scrub onto my two fingertips. The scrub is a beige colour and there are small dark grains in it, almost like grains of sand. I gently massaged this into my face and dispensed some more of the product as and when needed. I found that a little of the scrub goes a long way. As I massaged the product into my skin I noticed the fruity scent of the product which I liked as it smelt refreshing. Although the scrub has grains in it, it felt gentle on my skin. As I rubbed the scrub in circular motions it felt as though it was doing a really good but gentle job of exfoliating my skin. I spent a few minutes massaging the scrub into my face in circular motions all over until I was happy that my skin had been given a good scrub. I then rinsed the scrub off by splashing my face with water. I found the scrub came off easily without me having to rub at my face with the water.

RESULTS: After removing the scrub from my face I patted my skin dry with a soft fluffy towel. When looking in the mirror as the results my skin definitely looked radiant and it felt smooth as well when touching it. My skin did feel a little tight shortly after patting my skin dry but I intended on applying a moisturiser anyway. After applying a moisturiser my skin felt extremely smooth and soft and it also looked great as well. My skin no longer looked dull and it was now looking radiant and had a slight glow to it which made my skin look healthy. As the scrub has small grains in it to exfoliate your skin it didn’t feel harsh on my skin and didn’t cause my skin to look red. .

OVERALL: A great scrub that I will continue to use.

06.05.2015 08:59

Advantages

• "colour matches barrel"
                • "strong case"
                • "great range of colours"
                • light-weight

Disadvantages

• "case doesn't stand up very well"

The best quality colouring pens.

THE PENS: The pens are made by Staedtler, which I know is well-known and quite popular art/stationery brand. The pens have a sturdy, pressure resistant fire-tip and can be left uncapped for days without drying out. (Although I wasn’t going to personally test this out!). The pen washes out of most textiles (again I will not be testing this!). The barrel to the pens is a triangle shape for effortless, fatigue-free writing. . or in my case colouring! The line width of the pen tip is approximately 1.0mm which I thought would be good enough for colouring. The pens come in a plastic case which can be stood up on a desk or table when using the pens so you can get them in and out of the packaging easily. You get a total of 20 colours in the pack although you can purchase a smaller pack of 10. The plastic case that the pens come in is fantastic as it means you can take them with you when travelling or pop them in a bag and you don’t have to worry about them falling out all over the place. The pens come in colour order starting off from a bright yellow on the left hand side and ending in black on the right hand side. The case is made from a clear plastic so you can clearly see the colour of the pens without having to take them all out of the case first.

PRICE: I purchased the pack of 20 pens from Amazon for £10.44 which I thought was very good value.

IN USE: The top/front part of the case folds back so you can stand the case up and access the pens easily; although I find that this doesn’t work particularly well. The lid to the pen pulls off the pen easily to reveal the small tip. I was actually able to hold the pen comfortably in my hand and between my fingers so I could get a good grip on the pen. The pen itself is nice and light and the barrel of the pen is the same colour as the ink. The pens are lovely to use and I don’t need to apply much pressure at all when using them to colour in. I find that the colour of the ink does practically match the colour of the ink once on the paper. I found the range of colours in the pack really good with some really lovely, bright colour and some other dark and slightly dull colours. Once I have finished with the pen the lid clicks back on and they slot back into the plastic case nice and easily. When you have finished using the pens the small part of the lid which folds over to stand the case up fold back over the front and closes easily to ensure that the case is closed and that the pens don’t fall out.

OVERALL: Whether for adults or teenagers these pens are fantastic.

16.04.2015 16:34

Advantages

• "nice smell/scent"
                • "hair looks healthy"
                • "hair looks brighter"
                • "hair feels softer"

Disadvantages

• price

Brighter, Blonder and Softer Hair.

PRODUCT: The conditioner contains nourishing ceramides and anti-yellowing, neutralising colour pigments to ensure you hair has bright blone tones. The conditioner is also enriched with soft violet colour pigments and ceramids which help to counteract brassy tones, while leaving hair soft and supple. Your blonde hair will look illuminted, refreshed and revived.

The conditioner comes in a flat-ish plastic bottle which is a light pink/lilac colour. It clearly states on the front of the bottle what the product is and that its for blonde hair. On the back of the bottle it tells you a little about the product, how to use it and it also lists the ingredients as well. The bottle stands on its lid which is a silver colour and this flips back to reveal a small hole in which the product dispenses out of.

PRICE: You can purchase a 150ml bottle of the conditioner from the feel unique website (www.feelunique.com) for £9.60 as this product is currently in the sale.

IN USE: After rinsing out the shampoo in this range I squeezed as much water out of my hair as I could then flipped open the lid to the conditioner. A gentle squeeze on the plastic bottle dispenses a reasonable amount of conditioner. The conditioner is a lot thicker than the shampoo which is to be expected. The conditioner is a lighter shade of purple. I distributed the conditioner in my hair and ensured my hair was covered in the conditioner. I left the conditioner on for 3 minutes then rinsed it out.

The conditioner had a nice, light fragrance to it which smelt nice and clean. I found the conditioner easy to wash out using the shower and my hands to ensure that it was rinsed fully. After rinsing I squeezed as much water out my hair as possible and then wrapped a towel around it for a good 10mins so that my hair wasn't dripping wet when it came round to drying it.

RESULTS: I normally use a wide tooth comb in my hair when it's wet to try and get all the tangles out but to my surprised there wasn't a great deal of tangles in my hair which was good. I could smell the faint smell of the conditioner on my hair which smelt nice and clean. After combing my hair I started to blow dry it until it was almost dry. My hair felt a lot softer than it had done before, which made my hair feel a lot healthier. My hair looked nice and bright and most of the brassy tones had dissapeared now. My hair looked healthy and although it didn't have a huge amount of shine to it, it did have some. As my hair looked and felt good it gave me confidence as well. The product didn't cause any irritation and it didn't caue my hair to become any greasier anymore quicker than normal.

OVERALL: Brighter, Blonder and Softer Hair.

16.04.2015 15:56

Advantages

• "lathers up well "
                • "smells nice"
                • "makes hair brighter"

Disadvantages

• "the colour is a little frightening"
                • "the price"

Helped with my brassy coloured hair.

ABOUT: This shampoo is specifically for blondes and is a brightening shampoo. The shampoo itself is enriched with Ceraflash technology micro-pigments which help to neutralise unwanted yellow tone, whilst the anti-hard water agents remove impurities. Brightness is restored to your hair making it look brighter and healthier. This sounded like the type of shampoo that I needed for my hair so didn’t hesitate in buying it along with the conditioner to go with it. This would hopefully give better results than just using the shampoo on its own.

The shampoo comes in a light pink/lilac coloured bottle and it clearly states on the front what the product is and that it’s for blonde hair. On the back of the bottle is a little information about the product and how to use it. You can find the list of ingredients on the back as well. The lid to the bottle is silver and a small part on the lid lifts up to reveal a hole in which the product dispenses out of.

PRICE: You can purchase a bottle of 250ml Shampoo from the feel unique website (www.feelunique.com) for £8.80 which does seem rather expensive but this is the cheapest place I have seen this product available to purchase.

IN USE: I normally wet my hair and then squeeze the moisture out before applying the shampoo. You need to flip back part of the silver lid on the top of the bottle and this reveals a small whole in which the shampoo dispenses out of. The shampoo seems quite runny and is a bright purple colour, which I wasn't expecting; although having said that I have used similar coloured products for my blonde hair before. I dispensed an amount of shampoo and rubbed it into my wet hair. The shampoo lathered up very well and I could smell a nice fresh scent from the shampoo. After I was happy that all my hair was covered in a decent amount of product I then rinsed it out. The shampoo was easy to rinse out of my hair. On one occasion I decided not to use the conditioner after the shampoo as I wanted to see how good this product was on its own.

The shampoo made my hair feel clean and it smelt nice as well which I liked. My hair was a little knotty but the shampoo hadn't made my hair any knottier than what it normally would. I was able to style and blow dry my hair as normal without any problems. When looking in the mirror after I had dried my hair, my hair did look brighter and less yellow which was good. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw this as I hated my hair looking a brassy colour! I was able to leave my hair 2 days as normal before having to wash it on the third day which is when I would have washed it anyway.

OVERALL: A great shampoo to stop blonde looking brassy.

• Hagen Exo Terra Faunarium / Reptile / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
                13.04.2015 23:22

Advantages

• "suitable for a range of reptiles/invertebrates"
                • "well made"
                • "reasonably priced"
                • "range of sizes"

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

A great value faunarium which comes in a range of different sizes.

ABOUT: Me and my boyfriend have Crested geckos which lay eggs every year and we needed a small home for the hatchlings for when they arrive. Hatchlings aren't meant to be kept together as they can hurt each other, so we would need a few of these in order to keep them seperated from each other. This faunarium by Exo-Terra is perfect for the short-term storage or transport of reptiles and is also a great permanent home for many invertebrates. This is also perfect for taking your reptiles to the vet or when cleaning their terrarium out.

The faunarium comes in Mini, Small, Medium and Large and you can buy flat faunariums which come in Medium and Large. We actually purchased a small one as we would have to put a little foliage and some small food bowls and water in this with the crested gecko. The gecko would hopefully only be in this for a few months until it has been sold. Professional gecko breeders actually use these all the time for their hatchlings so I knew it would be suitable for ours.

PRICE: Prices vary on whichever size you want but I around £4.00 for the Small one which I purchased from www.swellreptiles.co.uk. You can purchase these from eBay but they will cost you at least £6.00 if not more on there.

IN USE: before using the faunarium we always clean it using a reptile safe disinfectant and we ensure that it's rinsed well afterwards and we normally leave it to air dry. The faunarium is made from plastic and seems reasonably strong. The lid has air vents all around it to allow fresh air to get into the faunarium. There is a small lid on the top which is just the right size to enable you to get your hand in and out to change the food or water without causing too much disturbance to the reptile. The faunarium does have a plastic carry handle although we have no reason to really use this.

Whenever we put a hatchling in here with some foliage and other bits and pieces they seem more than happy in here. As crested geckos are climbers they to tend to climb up to the top where the air vents are or they hide in the foliage in the bottom of the faunarium. We haven't come across any issues with this product at all and to be honest we don't really expect to either. In terms of value I think the product is very reasonable and it's just what we needed to keep out baby crested geckos in.

OVERALL: A great value faunarium.

13.04.2015 18:36

Advantages

• "reasonable price"
                • "can be wiped/washed clean"
                • "easy to use"
                • strong

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Good quality and great value cuticle trimmers

PRODUCT: I suffer from something called 'Hang Nail's which a lot of people with dry hands suffer from. These hang nails can sometimes be painful and a little sore and can become slightly infected if they are pulled, which is something I tend to do to get rid of them. I know I really shouldn't do this so I decided to go and purchase some Cuticle trimmers which I can use to trim the hang nails back so that they don't catch on anything and it also stops temptation of me pulling them as well and causing the sides of my fingers to become sore. This stainless steel cuticle trimmer is designed for precise and gentle trimming of excess cuticles. Great care does need to be taken when doing this though.

PRICE: I purchased these from my local Boots store and although I can't remember the exact price, they were no more than about £4.50.

IN USE: Although the product is made from stainless steel they are light-weight to use and easy to hold in your either your left or right hand. The trimmers are nice and strong so are very unlikely to break when using them. The actual part of the trimmer which cuts the cuticle is nice and sharp so it can be cut easily, rather than having to go over the same area again. I find that you don't need to put a lot of pressure on the cuticle trimmer when pushing the handles together in order for them to cut. As the cuticle trimmer is made from stainless steel it means that it can be rinsed off or wiped with a cleansing clot or baby wipe to ensure that they stay nice and clean. This also helps to prevent infection of the cuticle area as well. Whenever I get a hang nail I now use these to clip it rather than pull it, so my fingers and nails look a lot healthier.

OVERALL: Good quality and great value cuticle trimmers.

13.04.2015 11:22

Advantages

• "doesn't leave a residue"
                • soothing
                • moisturising

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Provides long lasting hydration

ABOUT: My lips often feel and look a little dry and sometimes they crack during the night so I like to keep them looking and feeling good by using a decent lip balm. I used to use Vaseline in the past but I find this quite greasy and sometimes a little too heavy on the lips. This lip balm is by Nivea and contains Hydra IQ and alow vera which helps to support the the lip's natural moisturisation leaving a light soft feeling on your lips. The lip balm helps to provide intensive and long lasting moisturisation and is quickly absorbed. It claims to be non-greasy and it contains SPF-15 which protects against both UVA and UVB rays. This lip balm is a stick formula so is easy to apply. It clearly states on the packaging the brand of the product and what it is.

PRICE: You can purchase this from Boots or Superdrug for around £1.58 which I think is very reasonable.

IN USE: The lip balm is clear so it doesn't give your lips a hint of colour or anything like that. The lip balm is easy to apply. Simply turn the bottom of the tube to push the lip balm up a little and then run this gently over your lips. The lip balm feels lovely and smooth and also soothing as I applied it to my lips. My lips instantly felt hydrated and soft. When looking in the mirror I noticed that the lip balm made my lips look slightly glossy which I liked as they looked nice and healthy. The lip balm has no taste or flavour to it. You can apply the product as and when you need to, but obviously eating and drinking will wear the lip balm off so you will probably need to apply it after doing these things. I like that the lip balm doesn't leave a residue on your lips like some others do.

OVERALL: Since using this product my lips have looked and felt a lot better. My lips now look moisturised and less dry.

09.04.2015 19:50

Advantages

• cheap
                • "extra long"
                • strong

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

The Perfect Match!

ABOUT: I am always used scented jar candles and tea-lights so I always have some matches around just in case I happen to run out of fluid in the lights that I normally use. I have some large Yankee jar candles and once burned down about half way it's almost impossible to light the wick unless you have long matches which is the reason for purchasing these in the first place. These matches are extra long safety matches which are perfect for lighting the wicks on the large jar candles which I currently have a home. I am not sure how many matches you get in a pack but you get a large matchbox full of them which is plenty to keep me going for a while. It clearly states on the top of the box what the matches are and it states that they are suitable for open fires, candles and barbecues. For obvious reasons these need to be kept out of reach of children.

PRICE: I purchased a pack of these from my local Sainsburys store for 80p which I thought was very reasonable. You can pick these up from most supermarkets and also some hardware stores as well.

IN USE: The matches are the perfect length in order for me to light the wink on my jar candles. With one strike against the side of the matchbox I find that the match light quickly. The matches are made from wood and are a reasonable thickness so I have had no problems with the matches snapping or breaking when striking them against the side of the box. I can light my jar candles really easily now without burning my fingers. The match is easy to blow out after use and I always run it under the tap before placing it into a bin.

OVERALL: A perfect match for lighting my large jar candles.