kiss_me2070

• Comments

Member since: 06.10.2008

User that trust you
      23.07.2014 12:51

Advantages

• "long lasting"
      • "blends well"
      • "easy to apply"
      • "beautiful range of colours"

Disadvantages

• "the price"

Beautiful eye shadows that blend together & are long lasting.

THE PRODUCT: These eye shadows from the Body Shop are intensely pigmented and come in a pearlescent and matte colour (depending on the colour) and they have a silky-soft texture. The eye shadows are really easy to blend and are great for building up layers or colour. They can be used on their own or together to create different looks and effects. Then eye shadow opens from the front and the lid stays attached to the rest of the packaging. This is great as it means there is no chance of the lid falling off when the eye shadow is in your make-up bag. I purchased two eye shadows, one of which was a very light beige colour called ‘Oh, Honey’ and another one which was a copper looking colour and was called ‘Melt My Heart’.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The eye shadow is prices at 7.00 which does seem a little pricey for one eye-shadow but they are very good quality and look lovely on. The eye shadow comes in 30 different shades.

USING THE PRODUCT: The eye shadows can be used wet or dry, depending on the look you are trying to create and how intense you want the colour to look. To apply this product I use a Body Shop eye shadow brush (£9.00) which can be purchased in store or online. I carefully ran the brush over the top of the eye shadow a few times to ensure that there was a good amount on the brush. I did blow the brush lightly to get rid of any loose bits of the eye shadow; although there didn’t seem to be much. I carefully ran the brush lightly over my eye lid to cover it in the eye shadow. Although I could see that there was some eye shadow on there I wanted the colour to be a little stronger so I ran the brush over the eye shadow again and then applied a little more, ensuring I applied a little into the corners of my eyes (do this carefully) and also as close to the lower lash line as possible. I finished the look off with a little brown eye liner (also from The Body Shop) as close to the lower lash line as possible. I applied this quite lightly and smudged it slightly to soften the lines. I then used eye lash curlers and applied a few coats of mascara to complete the look.

RESULTS: When looking in the mirror at the finished results I loved the look of the eye shadow and it looked even better with the brown eye liner on my lower lash line. When checking on my make-up half way through the day the eye shadow still looked great and it hadn’t really worn off at all which I was impressed with. At the end of that day I removed make make-up using a facial cleansing wipe (Simple cleansing wipes) and I found that the eye shadow came off effortlessly without me having to rub at my eyes.

16.07.2014 09:59

Advantages

• protects
      • moisturising
      • non-sticky
      • "easy to apply"

Disadvantages

• "I prefer my other brand"
      • "doesn't help me to tan"

A reasonable sun spray that protects but doesn''t help me to tan.

THE PRODUCT: This particular sun spray is called Protect & Tan becomes it claims to support the skin?s natural tanning ability. I actually had a Piz Buin spray at home which is meant to help enhance the skin?s natural tanning as well and I have found it to be quite good. I was hoping that boots own version was going to be reasonably good as well. Soltan spray has been formulated with an innovative ingredient that helps to stimulate the body?s natural tanning production. They claim that the spray is light and disappears into your skin leaving a no sticky residue. It provides continuous moisturisation for silky-soft skin which helps to prevent peeling. This product has been awarded a maximum of five stars against deep-down skin damage caused by UVA rays. The lotion is also water resistant and has been dermatologically tested.

PRICE/AVAIALBILITY: I purchased a 200ml bottle of this from my local Boots store for 7.00 as it?s currently on offer for half price. Otherwise the product is priced at 14.00. This spray comes in a factor 8, 15 and 30.

USING THE PRODUCT: I shook the bottle well before use and applied it at least 15mins before going out into the sun. The spray comes out in a fine mist but you can see that it?s white in colour. It has that typical sun cream smell to it but I don?t mind this. I found the spray easy to rub into my skin without it feeling sticky. I took a good 10mins applying this product to the areas of my skin that would be exposed to the sun. It states to re-apply this again when in the sun and then every 1-2hours. The spray actually made my skin look moisturised and healthy which I was pleased with as it wasn?t left feeling greasy or sticky. I was out and about in the sun for a few hours before re-applying the product to my arms, chest and back again. I probably didn?t need to apply it again because I wasn?t directly in the sun and tried to stay in the shade but I didn?t think it would hurt applying more of the product anyway. When getting back to the hotel at the end of the day I was glad to see that my skin hadn?t burnt and it still looked and felt moisturised. My skin didn?t look any different in terms of a tan though and no colour had started to develop. I was a little disappointed by this, although the main thing was that my skin wasn?t burnt which was the main reason for buying sun spray in the first place. I used the spray the following day when it was warm again and I didn?t get burnt. Again no colour or not even a slight tan had started to develop.

11.07.2014 09:34

Advantages

• "very different looking bottle"
      • "not too sweet"
      • "fruity & sweet"
      • "gorgeous scent"

Disadvantages

Gorgeous but a shame it doesn't last longer

ABOUT THE PERFUME: Wonderstruck is a charming and sparkling surprise of vibrant fruits, kissed by a bouquet of soft petals and a touch of sweet indulgence. I prefer fruity scents to floral ones so this perfume sounded perfect. The main scents within the perfume are the flawless beauty of freesia; apple blossom and raspberry spark which gives it a swirl of vibrancy and feminine allure. In the heart of the perfume is the sweet surprise if vanilla which is embellished by airy, sun drenched honeysuckle and white hibiscus. You can also smell notes of golden amber and sandalwood which are woven in with a kiss of lush peach. The perfume comes in a square box which seems quite colourful when comparing it to other perfume''s I have got on my shelf.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the bottle of perfume from one of my mail order catalogues so I can''t remember exactly how much I paid for the 30ml bottle; although it wasn''t any more than 20.00 pounds.

THE PERFUME: When you spray the perfume it smells quite sweet at first; how-ever this seems to disperse very quickly and the scent then lightens into a much lighter fragrance. The scent I think smells very fruit mid-way through the perfume but unfortunately this doesn''t last very long. I could definitely make out the fruity scents such as the apple blossom and the raspberry spark. The sweet scent of the honeysuckle is definitely noticeable and you can smell a slight floral scent as well which smells nice amongst the light fruit scent.

Thankfully the floral scents aren''t too strong and I think the perfume smells fruity rather than anything else. Once the perfume has settled down a little the smell of the sweet vanilla becomes quite obvious; although this surprisingly doesn''t smell too sweet and goes lovely with the fruity scents. I could smell the lush peach scent as well which smelt gorgeous entwined with the vanilla scent. Every now and again, during the day I would get occasional wafts from the perfume. I found that the scent does seem to fade very quickly and although I spritzed this a few times in the morning by the afternoon I could no longer smell the perfume which was a bit disappointing as I thought the scent was gorgeous. Although this scent is quite fruity I think it can be used all year round and not just during the summer. As the scent of the perfume doesn''t last very long I would probably use it for day and night as it doesn''t smell too strong for the day.

09.07.2014 10:16

Advantages

• "kind to skin"
      • "matte finish"
      • "silky smooth"
      • "makes make-up last longer"

Disadvantages

• "can make you appear to look white"

A great powder when not being photographed.

THE PRODUCT: This powder is translucent so you don''t have to worry about finding the right shade for you. The powder comes in a black box with a picture of the product on the front along with the name of the product as well. On the back it gives you some information about the product and warning information. It also lists the ingredients as well. When opening the box this reveals the powder which is in a round pot made from a strong plastic. The bottom of the pot is clear and you can see the white powder inside. The screw on lid is black and has ?Smashbox'' printed on the top of it. When unscrewing the lid this reveals a tray which has a number of holes in, which is where the powder dispenses out of. This should have a round sticker on it when first buying the product and this can be removed easily when you are ready to apply the product to your face. The pot of powder looks quite small and thin; how-ever I presume this is because you don''t need to use a lot when applying the powder.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY:I purchased this from a Smashbox Cosmetics counter in my local Boots store. The product is priced at 18.00 which I thought was reasonable, so long as it was a good as product as people have said about it.

USING THE PRODUCT: I applied all of my make up as normal which included concealer, foundation and a little bronzer and blush. I tipped the pot upside down and unscrewed the lid with the pot upside down to dispense some of the powder into the lid to apply to my face. You do need to do this carefully so it''s best to unscrew the pot slowly to ensure that you don''t spill any of the powder. The powder itself is white in colour and is extremely fine and is probably the finest make-up powder I have ever seen. I was going to use a small but fluffy brush to apply this product to my face. I would suggest closing your eyes when applying the powder as it does stated on the packaging to avoid getting it directly into the eyes. I found the powder went on easily using the brush I had chosen. The powder was very silky when applying it and went on smoothly. After applying the powder to my face I used a slightly bigger brush to ensure that it was distributed evenly over my face. With this powder you have to be very careful when applying it. A little of this powder goes a long way and you have to ensure that it''s blended into your face well otherwise you will be left with white areas on your face, which I was soon to find out! After applying the powder, I looked in the mirror and loved the matte looking finish that the powder gave my face.

RESULTS: I thought I had applied this powder very well as when looking in the mirror the powder looked as though it had been blended well. It wasn''t until at least an hour after I had applied the powder that my boyfriend told me I had a white smear under one eye. This resulted in a very odd looking photograph when me and him went to visit the Spinnaker Tower, so for obvious reasons this photograph was not purchased! Luckily I was able to rub this and the white smear under my eye/on my cheek was soon blended in with the rest of my make-up. My make-up actually stayed looking great all day and I do feel as though it made my make-up, especially my foundation last a long longer than what it normally would. The powder gave my skin a smooth and silky finish and my skin looked matte and healthy. When applying the powder on a different occasion I did spend plenty of time ensuring that the powder was very well blended and that I didn''t have any white patches on my face. Again this powder kept my make-up looking great all day. I found the powder light on my skin and it didn''t clog any pores or cause me to have any breakouts. I used a facial cleansing wipe to remove my make-up and the product came off easily.

• The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      09.07.2014 10:10

Advantages

• "looks natural"

Disadvantages

Natural looking lashes.

THE PRODUCT: This is The Body Shop''s classic mascara and it gives your lashes volume and intense colour. The mascara coats your lashes without clumping and it''s even suitable for contact lens wearers. When looking on The Body Shop website the mascara has mostly good reviews, so I was looking forwards to trying out this product to see what it was like. The mascara comes in a dark blue tube which has a silver lid to it and it clearly states on the front of the product the brand and the name of the product. On the bottom of the tube is a round sticker which represents the shade of the mascara which in this case is black. This mascara does also come in brown as well. When unscrewing the mascara lid it reveals the wand which looks slightly different to what I am used to using. It looks as through the stiff hairs to the brush are close together and spiral round the wand rather than being all over the wand itself. You can see that a good amount of mascara is on the brush when removing it from the tube.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The mascara on its own is priced at 10 which does seem a little pricey; how-ever when comparing this to other brands of mascara I think the price is actually reasonable, especially as my previous mascara I was using isn''t that much cheaper than this.

08.07.2014 09:35

Advantages

• "kind to skin"
      • "leaves skin feeling soft"
      • "removes make up"
      • refreshing

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Refreshing & gentle cleansing wipes.

THE PRODUCT: The wipes can be used on the face and eyes and they are formulated especially for dry and sensitive skin. In one step the wipes remove make-up and impurities leaving skin feeling perfectly cleansed, nourished and soothed. I have sensitive skin and sometimes suffer from dry patches so these wipes would be perfect for me. Although I don''t often wear waterproof mascara these wipes claim to remove this kind of mascara easily. The cleansing wipes come in a white plastic packet and clearly states on the front that the wipe are for dry and sensitive skin. On the back of the packet it tells you a little about the wipe and also lists the ingredients. You can a total of 25 wipes in each pack. To open the pack you need to simply pull back the plastic seal which is the part of the packet on the top with the writing on. This peels back easily to reveal an oval hole in which the wipes can gently be pulled out singly ready for use. These wipes are hypo-allergenic, contains no alcohol and they are dermatologically tested.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY:I purchased the wipes from my local Boots store for 2.81 where they were on offer. The full price of the wipes is normally 3.75.

USING THE WIPES: Use the wipe on the face and neck by gently wiping in circular motions. I peeled back the re-sealable tab and gently pulled out one of the wipes. The wipe was easy to remove singly, without pulling more than one wipe out at a time. The wipe was good size and felt like a good thickness as well. I could feel that it was damp but it didn''t feel too wet. The wipe felt lovely and cooling against my face and it also felt gentle unlike some wipes which feel scratchy on the skin. I used the wipe gently on my eyes without rubbing too hard and I found that the mascara and the other make-up I had on and around my eyes was removed very easily.

I like that the wipes felt cooling on my eyes which was quite refreshing. When looking at the wipe after removing my make-up I could see that the wipe was covered in my make-up so I could see that it had done a good job at removing it all. I have even used the wipes on my face when wearing no make-up and I can see that the wipe removes dirt and impurities. I have been using the wipes for at least 1 week now and the wipes have caused no problems with my skin such as any spots or irritated skin. The wipes have a gentle but refreshing scent to them which I rather like as it makes your face feel fresh when using them.

08.07.2014 09:31

Advantages

• "water turns blue"
      • "kind to skin"
      • "smells nice"

Disadvantages

Who put Rice Krispies in my bath!?

THE PRODUCT: Fizzbanger is a Catherine wheel of a bath bomb. The bath bomb changes colour as it fizzes around the tub, crackling with popping candy as it goes. As the bath bomb fizzes in the water it releases a citrussy apple and then a cinnamon, apple pie scent with a hint of ylang ylang. The bath bomb also contains Petitgrain which is used in aromatherapy to calm the breathing, slow the heartbeat and reduce feelings of anxiety. Ylang ylang produces a feeling of joy, and cinnamon leaf oil helps you let go. The bath bomb is round and is a pale yellow colour. I could see a few bits of gold glitter in the bath bomb as well, but there wasn''t too much. The bath bomb smelt citrussy more than anything else and I couldn''t yet smell any hint of the cinnamon scent to the product. I purchased the bath bomb from my local Lush store so it was put into a black paper bag and they stuck a label on the front with the name of the product and how to use it. If you purchase the bath bomb online it will most likely come wrapped in plastic with a label stating the name of the product, how to use it and also a list of ingredients.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the bath bomb from my local Lush store where it is priced at 3.25 which I think is reasonable for this product.

USING THE PRODUCT: I ran my bath and once it was full I dropped the bath bomb into the water. The bath bomb immediately started fizzing away very gently and releasing a pale yellow foam around it. The bath bomb span slightly as it fizzed away gently and started to turn the water a very pale/slight yellow colour. I watched the bath bomb for a while and could soon hear a pop sound from the popping candy which is inside the bath bomb. It was a little strange to hear these noises coming from the bath. Although the bath bomb fizzed away gently it seemed to reduce in size quite quickly. After a few minutes I noticed some blue in the bath bomb, and this started to turn the bath a blue colour. The main scent in the bathroom was a citrussy scent which was light and pleasant. I left the bath bomb for approximately 3-4mins to finish fizzing away. When returning to the bathroom I was a little shocked to see that the water was a gorgeous blue colour. The bathroom also had a slight spicy scent to it which must have been the cinnamon. When getting into the bath I noticed what looked like a small piece of paper in the bath. I picked this out and saw that it had ''Bang'' in large red letters, so this must have been hidden inside the bath bomb. I lay in the bath for a few minutes in the bath with the relaxing scents that surrounded me in the water. I had a wash and relaxed for a few more minutes in the bath. I have to admit that I am not huge fan of spicy scents but the cinnamon scent along with the citrus scent was actually nice as it was too strong. When getting out of the bath and drying my skin with a towel the scent of the product disappeared quite quickly. The scent didn''t stick to my skin; although this didn''t really bother me. In terms of my skin feeling different I didn''t think there was a huge difference in the feel of my skin but my skin didn''t feel dry and the dry patches I did have weren''t irritated by the product. Although the bath bomb doesn''t leave bits in the bath I did give it a quick rinse down anyway.

03.07.2014 21:32

Advantages

• moisturises
      • "easy to apply"
      • "smells nice"
      • "softened my skin"

Disadvantages

• "left my face feeling hot"
      • "harder to remove than other masks"

A lovely Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

THE PRODUCT:I saw this Honey & Oat 3-in-1 product and thought it sounded really good so I thought I may as well give it a go to see what it was like. This three-in-one face wash cleanses, polishes and moisturises normal to dry skin. It gently removes dead skin cells, smoothes and refines, moisturises & conditions. This product is to be used as a weekly treatment for your skin. The Mask comes in a round pot which is a beige colour and the top of the lid is a label clearly stating what the product is. The label opens to reveal how to use the product and it also lists the ingredients as well. The lid to the put unscrews to reveal the mask which is a beige colour and looks slightly glossy. You can see that the mask has lumps in it which I presume is the oats. I quite like the smell of the mask as you can smell the oats amongst a honey scent. I actually thought that it smelt rather delicious.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased this product from my local store for 10 which was for a 100ml pot of the product.

USING THE PRODUCT: I was having a big of a pamper night the first time I used this mask so I tied my hair back and then wore a headband to ensure none of the hair got in my face once I had applied the mask. I washed my hands and then used my fingertips and brushed it gently over the top of the mask to ensure that a good amount was on my finger. I then applied this to my skin carefully, massaging it a little as I applied it. The mask felt slightly cool on my face and as I applied it I could feel and see the oats in the mask. I spent a good 3-4mins applying the mask ensuring that I had avoided the eye and lip area. I made a note of the time and left the mask on for at least 10mins. During the time I was sitting at the computer tapping away with the mask of my face I didn''t experience any bad reactions with the mask. I could feel the mask on my face but there were no other effects and it didn''t cause any irritation to my skin all the time the mask was on. After 10mins I went to the bathroom and filled the sink up with lukewarm water and splashed this on my face a few times to remove the mask. When looking in the mirror I was surprised to see some of the mask still on my face so I continued to splash water on my face and rub it gently at the same time in order to get the rest of the mask off. I had Muslin Cleansing Cloth (also from The Body Shop), which I used to remove the bits of mask that was still around my hair-line.

RESULTS: After rinsing the mask off and looking in the mirror my skin looked clean and radiant. It also felt clean as well as feeling smooth and soft. I was pleased with this as I have read that this product has dried out some people''s skin so I was glad that it didn''t have that effect on my skin, even though I do have sensitive skin. My skin didn''t feel tight after washing the mask off which was a relief as I often get this with other facial products. Approximately 4-5mins after I had washed off the mask the skin on my face started to feel a little hot. This was strange as I didn''t actually feel hot myself. I was going to apply a moisturiser to my skin but I put this off for a few minutes. My face continued to feel rather warm over the next 10mins at least which I thought was a bit odd. I''m not sure whether this was down to the mask or not but I hadn''t experienced this before with any other facial products. I did apply some moisturiser to my face which left it feeling extremely soft and smooth. The warming feeling of the skin on my face did go down eventually but it took a good 30mins. The following morning my skin was still feeling very soft and smooth and luckily it was no longer felling warm.

03.07.2014 09:37

Advantages

• "comes with brush"
      • blendable
      • light
      • "easy to apply"

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Giving my cheeks some natural colour.

THE PRODUCT: This blush has been around for almost 150yrs and it has made Bourjois famous worldwide thanks to its amazing texture and packaging. One stroke of the brush reveals the irresistible aroma of rose scented powder and the built-in-mirror and brush is perfect for touch-ups on the go. The blush comes in a small round pot which is pink in colour. The colour of the pot actually represents the shade of the blush inside. On the top of the pot it has the name of the colour of the blush on it. For example on the pot I am reviewing it has 54 Rose Frisson. On the bottom of the pot it again has the name of the colour which is actually Frosted Rose. There is a gold colour button on the side of the pot which you press which releases the lid from the bottom of the pot. There was a round leaflet in the pot when first purchasing it which tells you a little about the history of the blush. In the lid of the pot is a nice round mirror. There is a small brush which sits nicely on top of the blush. The brush itself has a small plastic handle and the hairs on the brush are lovely and soft. The brush is slightly curved so that it fits perfectly in the pot on top of the blusher. The blush itself sits nicely in the bottom of the pot this is raised a little and looked like half of a 3D circle. The blush looks ever so slightly shimmery when it catches the light a little.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The blush is priced at 7.99 and can be purchased from Boots & Superdrug stores. You can also purchase it from various places on the internet as well.
      >br /> USING THE PRODUCT: I had already applied my foundation and a dusted loose powder over the top so the last thing to do was to apply the blush. I love the fact that this blush comes with a cute little brush which is perfect for applying the product with. I ran the brush over the blusher once and then applied the product to my cheeks as suggested. As I did this the brush felt smooth and soft against my skin. I then stretched the blush up to the temples to give my skin natural looking colour. I stepped back and looked in the mirror and decided that I could do with adding a little more. I swept the brush over the blusher, this time very lightly and repeated the process and applied it again very carefully as suggested. When looking in the mirror again at the results I was very happy. The blush gave my cheeks a nice amount of colour which looked natural and didn''t look over the top. The powder blended really easy into my foundation and into the powder which I had applied prior to applying the blush. The colour I chose was very light but it was most suited to my skin tone which is pale. The colour of the blush gave my skin a nice, healthy glow. I applied the product in the morning and found that the blush stayed looking great all day without having to re-apply it at any point during the day. If I had been going out in the evening then I may have re-applied a little more before going out. The blush was really kind to my skin and didn''t clog my pores or irritate my skin causing me to break out in any spots.

02.07.2014 09:42

Advantages

• "suitable for dry/sensitive skin"
      • "no irritation"
      • "easy to apply"
      • "skin feels smoother/softer"

Disadvantages

• "the price"

A lovely restoring mask for dry/sensitive skin.

THE PRODUCT: The Aloe range from The Body Shop is fragrance-free and alcohol-free and their range of aloe products is clinically proven to be suitable for sensitive skin and helps to soothe signs of irritation. Aloe Vera is a natural skin soother and is perfect for allergy-prone, itchy or red skin. The Aloe Vera used in their products is sourced from their community fair trade partners and contains no added preservatives. The mask comes in a round tube which is which in colour and round the side of the tub and also on the lid of the tub it states what the product is. It also states that this is for sensitive skin as well. The pot holds 100ml of the restoring mask. On the bottom of the tub is a label which you can peel open to reveal a list of ingredients. There is no information on how to use the product so I had to look this information up on the Body Shop website. All the Aloe products come in white packaging to its easy to tell this range from the other ranges that are available.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the product from my local Body Shop store where I got some money off for using my Body Shop card. The product is priced at 12.00 for a 100ml tub of the product which does seem a little pricey so I suggest looking on The Body Shop website to see if they have any discount codes so you can get money off of this item (www.thebodyshop.com).

USING THE PRODUCT: To use the product apply a layer to cleansed, toned skin with fingertips. Leave for up to 20 minutes and gently massage into your skin. Use this product once a week for softer, smoother skin. I use a cleanser and toner on my face which I would like to add is not from the Aloe range but is from The Body Shop. I unscrewed the lid from the top of the tub which revealed the Restoring Mask. The product inside is white in colour and looks glossy. Using my fingertips I dipped it lightly into the tub so that there was a reasonable amount on them. I then applied this to my face gently. Although they tell you to leave the product on for 20mins and then massage in I was going to use this product overnight for best results. The cream feel cooling and refreshing on my face and I found the cream really easy to apply. I did apply a thin layer and used it in the same way I would apply a moisturiser before going to bed. This product is a little thicker than a moisturiser but you still only need to use a little of it otherwise you might find that you skin looks/feels a little greasy. The product didn''t have any kind of scent to it. After massaging the product into my skin I then got into bed and hoped that the mask would work its magic overnight and I would wake up with smooth, soft skin. When waking up the following morning, my skin felt really different. It felt hydrated and it felt really smooth and soft. I was actually very, very impressed with the results. My skin not only felt great but it looked great too and it look healthy and hydrated. I wasn''t sure how well this product would work as I used it in a different way to that suggested but the results really were fantastic. I don''t use this mask every night before going to bed as I do have another night cream that I use in between this one. I use this mask at least once a week to give my skin that restoring boost of moisture that it sometimes needs. I sometimes suffer from dry skin around the eye area and the good thing about this product is that it doesn''t irritate it or make it sore. The product in general is very kind to my sometimes dry skin.

01.07.2014 12:36

Advantages

• affordable
      • "lefy my face feeling clean & fresh"
      • "smells nice"

Disadvantages

• "slightly drying on my skin"

Leaving my skin feeling refreshed & clean; although a little dry.

THE PRODUCT: The facial wash gel is suitable for normal & combination skin and is enriched with Vitamin E & Hydra IQ. The gel cleanses and hydrates by supporting the skin''s own moisture balance. This product uses ingredients inspired by nature to create a high performance product that work in perfect harmony with your skin ? to help you look and feel your most beautiful. I purchased this product a few months ago when it was on offer along with some other Nivea products but I have only just got round to using it. I am trying to use up a lot of the beauty products I have got before I attempt purchasing anymore as I have lots of different facial products, moisturisers and make-up already. This Nivea Facial Wash comes in a blue tube which is see-through. The tube stands on its lid which is a flip back lid and is a light white colour. On the front of the tube it tells you what the product is and it also states that it''s for Normal & Combination Skin. On the back of the tube is information about the product and directions for use. There is also a list of ingredients and contact information for Nivea.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: This product is available to purchase from many stores such as Superdrug, Boots and some local supermarkets. Prices may vary but Boots currently have a 150ml tube of the wash for 2.39. This product currently has money off of it as the full price of this product is actually 3.59.

USING THE PRODUCT: To use the product apply gently to wet face and neck by massaging in small upward circles, avoiding the eye area. Rinse off with lukewarm water. For optimal results use the whole range of Nivea Daily Essentials products for normal to combination skin. I filled the sink up with lukewarm water and splashed some of my face to ensure it was nice and wet ready apply the facial wash gel. I flipped back the lid and gave the tube a gentle squeeze dispensing some of the gel into the palm of my hand. The gel is a light blue colour and looks semi clear. I applied this to my face massaging in small upward circles as suggested. The gel felt smooth against my skin and as I massaged it in I could smell the fresh scent of the wash which was really nice. The gel didn''t really create any kind of lather when massaging it onto my face which I was a bit disappointed with. I rinsed the gel off my splashing my face with water. I found that the gel came off easily. I patted my skin gently with a towel to dry it off. After using the facial wash my skin feel fresh and clean and it didn''t feel tight which is what I experience with some other facial washes. My skin did feel a little dry which surprised me as I find Nivea products quite gentle on my skin. I have used the facial wash again but this time when dispensing the gel in my hand I rubbed them together to create a light lather which I then massaged and then applied to my face. I found that this made it feel as though it was giving my skin a much better clean. My skin did still feel a little dry after rinsing the product off of my face though. I would be applying moisturiser after the facial wash anyway but I have used other facial washes before which have been much kinder to my skin and hasn''t left it feeling dry.

30.06.2014 11:24

Advantages

• affordable
      • "removes last traces of make-up"
      • "kind to skin"
      • refreshing
      • soothing

Disadvantages

• nothing

Gently removing the last traces of make-up.

THE PRODUCT: This product is suitable for normal to dry skin and contains no parabens. This product is suitable for sensitive skin. I recently reviewed the Cleansing Lotion in this range so am now following it with the Toner. Just like the cleansing lotion this product is enriched with Cherry tree and Moringa extracts. Moringa is known for its anti-oxidant and purifying properties and Cherry Tree extract soothes normal to dry skin. This product helps to remove the last traces of make-up, impurities and pollution to leave you skin perfectly clean. I was using a cleanser and toner from The Body Shop but I thought I would try the toner by Garnier to see what it was like as it''s a lot cheaper and sounded just as good. The Toner comes in a wide but thin bottle and holds 200ml of the toner. The bottle which holds the toner is a clear pink colour so you can see the level of liquid in the bottle. The toner itself I believe is clear in colour. On the front of the bottle it tells you what the product is and on the back you can read information about the product and the list of ingredients in the toner. It also tells you how to use the product as well. The lid to the toner is white and this flips back to reveal a small hold in which the toner dispenses out of.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased the Toner from my local Boots store for 2.10 which is a reduced price as the product is currently on offer. The full price of the toner is 3.15 which is for a 200ml bottle of the toner. You may also be able to purchase this from Superdrug as well.

USING THE PRODUCT: After removing make-up thoroughly, apply the toner all over your face use a cotton pad. I used a facial wipe first to remove my make-up then I used the Garnier Cleansing Lotion in the same range as this toner. I flipped the lid back to reveal the hole in which the toner dispenses out of. Tilting the bottle down at a slight angle I held the cotton wool pad so that some of the toner could soak into the pad. The toner is clear in colour and doesn''t really have any kind of scent to it unlike the Cleansing Lotion. I gently wiped the cotton pad over my face and eyes. As I did this the toner felt lovely and cooling on my skin. It made my skin feel very refreshed and clean. Despite using a facial wipe and cleansing lotion I could still see some dirt on the cotton pad from the cleanser which shows that it helps to remove the last traces of make-up. With the toner you don''t need to sue too much of the product despite it soaking into the cotton wool pad. I would definitely suggest using a pad when applying this product rather than a cotton ball. I wipe the cotton pad over my face once and then turned it over and wipe this side over my face as well. I loved the cooling feel of the toner and this would feel really refreshing in hotter weather.

RESULTS: After using the toner and looking in the mirror my face not only felt looked and refreshed but it looked it too. My skin looked healthy and moisturised and it had a nice healthy glow to it as well. Although I have slightly dry skin sometimes on my face the product didn''t irritate it or make it sting when using it. I have been using the toner following the cleanser every morning and evening for a few weeks now and the product hasn''t caused any problems with my skin or caused me to break out in any spots. Every time I use this product it leaves my skin feeling smooth, soft and clean. It also soothes the skin and leaves it feeling refreshed. The dry patches of skin on my face have become a little better and have improved with use of the product but it hasn''t eliminated the dry areas that I did have on my face. Although the toner leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft I still apply a moisturiser anyway to make my skin feel and look even softer.

30.06.2014 11:20

Advantages

• affordable
      • "fresh scent"
      • "leaves my skin smooth & soft"
      • soothing
      • "kind tos kin"

Disadvantages

• "nothing I can think of"

Leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.

THE PRODUCT: This Softening Cleansing Lotion is for normal to dry skin and removes make-up including waterproof make-up. The product contains no parabens and is enriched with Cherry tree and Moringa extracts. Moringa flower seeds are known for their exceptional purifying properties. Garnier use Moringa extracts in the cleansing lotion and they are known for its anti-oxidant and purifying properties. In just one step waterproof make-up, impurities, and pollution accumulated throughout the day is removed. Cherry tree extract if perfect to soften normal to dry skin. The cleanser feels like a velvety lotion and has no greasy feeling so it leaves skin comfortable and soft. The Cleansing Lotion comes in a white bottle which is slightly wide and quite flat. On the front of the product it states what the product is and that it''s for normal to dry skin and can be used on the face as well as the eyes. I sometimes suffer from dry patches of skin on my face so I thought this would be suitable for my skin without causing it any irritation or leaving it feeling sore or dry. On the back of the bottle you can read some information about the product and the benefits of the ingredients used in it. It also tells you how to use the product and also lists the ingredients used in the lotion. The lid to the bottle is white and this flips back to reveal a small hole in which the cleansing lotion is dispensed out of.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY I purchased the Cleansing Lotion from my local Boots store for 2.17. The full price of the product is actually 3.25 which is for a 200ml bottle of the lotion.You may also be able to purchase this from Superdrug; how-ever please note that prices may vary.

USING THE PRODUCT: They advise you to apply the product to a cotton pad and remove make-up from the face and eyes. I actually use this after using a facial cleansing wipe on my face. I use the wipe to remove the majority of my make-up and then use the cleanser afterwards. I flipped open the lid to the bottle and holding it down at an angle I then gave it a squeeze to dispense some of the lotion onto the cotton wool pad. I didn''t want to squeeze too much of the lotion out so I only squeezed out a little at first. The lotion is a light pink colour and isn''t too thick but at the same time isn''t runny either. I gently wiped the cotton pad over my face and eyes. As I did this the lotion felt soft and nice and cool on my face which I found really refreshing. I also noticed that the cleanser had a nice light, refreshing scent to it which I really liked. After wiping the cotton pad over my face I could see the amount of dirt and other make-up it had removed from my face despite using a facial wipe beforehand. When rubbing this gently over my eyes I found that the lotion removed eye shadow and eyeliner easily, but I had to rub it slightly harder on my eyes to remove the mascara. I don''t use waterproof mascara so I can''t comment on how easy it is to remove this but it removed the last traces of my mascara easily without causing any irritation to my eyes.

RESULTS: After using the cleansing lotion and looking in the mirror my face looked clean and refreshed. It didn''t feel or look greasy and my skin was left looking and feeling smooth and soft. The dry patches I have on my face weren''t irritated and the product didn''t cause any other problems with my skin. Due to the cool and fresh scent of the product my skin was left feeling clean and refreshed. Although you don''t have to I actually used the toner after using the cleansing lotion. I have been using the cleanser and the toner every morning and evening for a few weeks and the product has been very kind and gentle to my skin. The cleanser hasn''t dried my skin out or caused any spots to appear during the time of using the product. Although my skin feels smooth and soft after using the cleanser and toner I still apply a moisturiser to my skin; although this isn''t a Garnier moisturiser.

27.06.2014 15:04

Advantages

• "skin was smoother/softer"
      • relaxing
      • "nice scent"

Disadvantages

• "quite pricey"

Relax and moisturise your skin with a floating island.

= = = = = = THE PRODUCT = = = = = = I am reviewing a moisturising bath melt called Floating Island which is by Lush. The bath melt is filled with the exotic fragrance of sandalwood to help you relax and drift away transporting you to a happy place. Sandalwood is used as an anti-depressant in aromatherapy, and it also works well on dry and mature skin to help retain moisture. The featured ingredient in the product is Sandalwood oil which is used for its reassuring warms and woody aroma that also protects and clarifies the skin. The oil is an astringent and antiseptic and as an emollient it helps to sooth and softens the skin. It''s also used in aromatherapy to lift the mood, and has a fresh, woody aroma. I purchased Floating island from my local Lush store so it was put into a small paper bag but if you order it from the Lush website it will come sealed in a clear plastic bag with a label on the front stating what the product is and what the ingredients are. Floating island is a round shaped but has a slight scalloped edge to it. It''s quite tall and feels quite weighty. It''s white in colour and you can smell the scent of sandalwood, which I think is the most obvious smell. As the bath melt is quite big I wasn''t really sure how long it would take for the bath melt to dissolve in the bath once it had been dropped in there.

= = = = = = = = = = = PRICE/AVAILABILITY = = = = = = = = = = = I purchased the product from my local store but you can also purchase it from the Lush website (www.lush.co.uk) for 4.15. I do think that this product is rather pricey so I was hoping that it was going to be worth the price.

= = = = = = = = = = USING THE PRODUCT = = = = = = = = = = To use the product simply drop it into a bath of warm water and relax as it melts releasing cocoa butter and sandalwood into the water to smooth, soften and soothe your skin. After I had run my bath I dropped the bath melt into the water. The melt seemed to bob about on the top of the water a little and I could see it fizzing away slowly. As it did this the water started to turn a slightly milky colour. I left the bath melt to fizz around in the bath for a good few minutes. When returning back to the bathroom approximately 3-5mins later the water was now a lightly milky colour and the remaining bath melt was at the bottom of the bath. There wasn''t a huge amount of the bath melt left, probably the amount of a cube of sugar. As soon as I walked into the bathroom I could smell a sandalwood scent which I thought smelt quite nice. The scent reminded me a little of the Buffy bar that you get from Lush. I got into the bath and lay back and relaxed for a good few minutes. The water felt soft and slightly oily against my skin but it felt luxurious. After having a good wash with a shower product I relaxed in the bath a little longer. The scent of the sandalwood remained a good strength during my time in the bath. I got out of the bath and patted my skin dry with a nice fluffy towel. My skin felt soft and smooth and it felt as though it had a very slight residue on it, which was slightly oily although this wasn''t too much and it didn''t really feel greasy which was good. This made my skin feel and look really smooth and soft. I was going to be applying a moisturiser so this would make it even softer than it felt now. I sprayed some bathroom cleaner in the bath and gave it a rinse as this bath melt can make it a little slippery from the oil film that the product leaves on the water. The product didn''t irritate my slightly dry skin which is sometimes very sensitive to some products.

= = = = = = = = = OVERALL OPINION = = = = = = = = = I have been using a lot of lush products recently and still have a few to use, so apologies for all the Lush reviews you might get bombarded with over the next few weeks. I have used one of the bath melts from Lush before and I loved it so this is why I thought I would give this one a try. The bath melt itself looks quite nice and I liked the gentle scent of the sandalwood which wasn''t too strong or overpowering. When placing the bath melt into the bath of hot water, it gently fizzed away softening the water and creating a slightly oily film on the top which they claim will stick to your skin leaving it smooth and soft. You could probably get into the bath whilst the melt fizzes gently around you but I wanted to wait until the majority of it had gone. The bath melt made the water feel really soft against my skin and I found the scent of sandalwood nice and relaxing. The product definitely made my skin feel smooth and soft and it left a nice hint of sandalwood on my skin; although it wouldn''t last because I was going to apply moisturiser anyway. It is important that you rinse the bath down afterwards as it can be a little slippery from the oil residue from the bath melt. In terms of value the product seems a little pricey but it was nice to use and I found it really relaxing. As the product is quite pricey I would purchase it again but only as a treat or when I am having a pamper night. If you are looking for a product that moisturises your skin and relaxes you at the same time then this one is perfect.

27.06.2014 14:52

Advantages

• "nice scent"
        • gentle
        • "removes dead/dry skin"
        • exfoliates

Disadvantages

• price
        • "skin felt slightly tight"

Getting the glow and radiance back in my skin

St. Ives is a brand that I have heard and seen of before but isn''t really a brand I am very familiar with as although I have seen their products in my local Boots store, I have never purchased any of their products to try. When reading reviews about their range of products the majority of the products seem to sound very good. Ciao are currently paying some extra pennies for any new reviews in the face category and seeing as I hardly ever win any competitions I thought I would focus mainly on face reviews to try and earn as much as possible. The St. Ives brand was founded over 25yrs ago and they set out to create a quality line of skin care products inspired by nature. Since then St. Ives has been dedicated to bringing you the best of nature with formulas that delight the senses and they leave you skin with a soft, fresh feel. Today St. Ives products have a presence globally in over 100 countries, and woman all over the world love its flagship Apricot scrub. In the UK, as in many other countries St. Ives Scrubs are the No. 1 Scrub brand. I am reviewing the St. Ives Scrub for sensitive skin. This scrub is finely textured, so it''s less tolerant to environmental factors such as the heat, cold, wind and pollution. These factors can cause irritation, leaving your skin red and blotchy, with visible surface veins. This gentle scrub will gently exfoliate away the day''s grime revealing fresh, glowing skin. The scrub is non-irritating, dermatologist tested, has 100% natural exfoliants and extracts and is formulated without Parebens and Phthalates. The Facial scrub comes in a tube which is white in colour and stands on its lid. It clearly states on the front of the tube what the product is and a pink stripe across the tube stating ''Sensitive'', tells you that this particular product is for sensitive skin. There is a picture of half an apricot on the front of the tube. On the back of the tube it tells you a little about the product and how to use it. You can also find a list of ingredients as well. I purchased the facial scrub from my local boots store for 4.29 which was for a 150ml tube of the scrub. You can also purchase this from Superdrug and may also be able to purchase it from some supermarkets. To use the product moisten face with water. Dispense the product onto fingertips and massage all over the face. Rinse with water. Ensure you avoid direct contact with the eyes and in case of contact flush them thoroughly with water. I tied my hair back and filled the sink with lukewarm water and splashed my flash with the water to ensure it was wet. I flipped open the lid to the tube and squeezed it slightly to dispense some of the scrub onto my two fingertips. The scrub is a beige colour and there are small dark grains in it, almost like grains of sand. I gently massaged this into my face and dispensed some more of the product as and when needed. I found that a little of the scrub goes a long way. As I massaged the product into my skin I noticed the fruity scent of the product which I quite liked as it smelt refreshing. Although the scrub has grains in it, it felt gentle on my skin. As I rubbed the scrub in circular motions it felt as though it was doing a really good but gentle job of exfoliating my skin. I spent a good few minutes massaging the scrub into my face in circular motions all over until I was happy that my skin had been given a good scrub. I then rinsed the scrub off by splashing my face with water. A few splashes later and all of the scrub had been removed from my face. I found the scrub came off easily without me having to rub at my face with the water. After removing the scrub from my face I patted my skin dry with a soft fluffy towel. When looking in the mirror as the results my skin definitely looked radiant and it felt smooth as well when touching it. My skin did feel a little tight shortly after patting my skin dry but I intended on applying a moisturiser anyway. After applying a moisturiser my skin felt extremely smooth and soft and it also looked great as well. My skin no longer looked dull and it was now looking radiant and had a slight glow to it which made my skin look healthy. Although the moisturiser I use makes my skin feel soft anyway, when applying the moisturiser shortly after using the scrub it felt even more moisturised. As the scrub has small grains in it to exfoliate your skin it didn''t feel harsh on my skin and didn''t cause my skin to look red. I do sometimes have slightly drier skin on my forehead and it was good to see that this product didn''t irritate the skin or make it sore. The product didn''t dry my skin out either which was good. This is the first product I have used from the St. Ives collection and I wasn''t disappointed. I have heard of this brand before and have seen it in my local Boots store for years running but never even thought about trying the product until recently, when I decided to have a bit of a pamper session. I don''t often use a facial scrub but after using this one I need to get back into the habit of using one on a regular basis. The packaging to the product is simple but nice and because the tube stands on its lid it means it stands up nicely in the bathroom cabinet. Although I have read many reviews about St. Ives scrubs I still wasn''t 100% sure what to expect from it. I chose the sensitive skin scrub because my skin can sometimes react with products and my skin can also get a little dry to, more so in the winter. Although you can see the dark grains in the scrub and they look very small you can feel them working as you massage the product into your skin which makes it feel as though they are doing a really good job at exfoliating. I know some people aren''t too keen on the scent of the product but I quite liked the fresh, fruity smell of the product. The product was easy to apply and was just as easy to remove and left my skin feeling really smooth. I wouldn''t have said that my skin felt a huge amount softer but it did feel much smoother and also looked better. I don''t use this product every day due to having sensitive skin but I do use it a few times a week to keep my skin looking and feeling great. In terms of value the scrub does seem a little pricey, especially if you use the scrub every day. I''m really glad I purchased this scrub to try and I will definitely consider purchasing it again when I have run out. PLEASE NOTE: I have tried adding paragraphs to this so apologies if it doesn''t work and the review is in one huge block!!!