ld75454

Member since: 03.12.2008

User that trust you
      27.01.2011 09:29

Advantages

Disadvantages

A fab calendar of the Arsenal team

*Introduction*

As an extremely passionate Arsenal fan, the one thing that present that I am guaranteed every year is the Official Arsenal calendar. Generally it is my parents that buy me the calendar but this year it came from my secret santa at work. In the past, secret santa gifts have been cheap make up sets that usually go straight into a charity bag so you can imagine how thrilled I was to open a present that was absolutely perfect for me.

*The Calendar*

The design: The Arsenal Official 2011 calendar is like the large majority of calendars. It is A3 in size and a wall calendar that is bound together at the top with spiral wire. In order to hang this calendar on the wall, you just need to use a small nail or pin as it has a small hook in the middle of the binding. The quality of the pages are fantastic as the pages are not weak or flimsy, therefore it hangs flatly on the wall.

The layout: At the top of the page is a red header which has the month written to the left and then Arsenal on the right. For each of the months, an Arsenal player is pictured twice. The first of the pictures is of their face which is situated to the left side of the page and is faded. Then on top of this picture is a slimmer action photo which is in the centre.

On the right side of the page is the calendar is something that I particularly like about this calendar. It havs space to write notes. This is really important for me as I like to note down any plans I have, birthdays and key dates that I need to remember. In the past Arsenal calendars have only had a small square at the bottom but I certainly prefer this layout, similar to the 2010 calendar.

On the bottom part of each page of the calendar there are a few details about the player that is featured. You have facts on their date and place of birth, the position that they play, their Arsenal squad number, a list of the clubs that they have played for and the date that they joined Arsenal.

The calendar features 12 first team players that are usually viewed by Arsenal as being key to the 2011 year or as being the most popular figures in the team. Notice this year that there are no goalkeepers in the calendar. Although perhaps we can't read too much into this.

The players featured are as follows:

January - Thomas Vermaelen, this Belgian is a superb left footed central defender.
      February - Cesc Fabregas, Arsenal's captain and influential Spanish midfield maestro.
      March - Arsenal's quickest player, who when injury free is superb. A young Thierry in the making?
      April - Jack Wilshere, a young midfielder in the mould of Liam Brady who has slotted in Arsenal's first team with ease.
      May - Andrey Arshavin, the little Russian who can turn it on in an instant (if only he would start doing that).
      June - Marouane Chamakh, the Moroccan centre forward who is good with his feet and his head.
      July - Bacary Sagna, a crucial member of the Arsenal team, Arsenal's right back who loves to go forward.
      August - Tomas Rosicky, the Czech midfielder who has been injury ravaged but is full of creativity.
      September - Alex Song, the power holding midfielder with the worst hairstyle ever.
      October - Gael Clichy, the French left back whirlwind who loves to go forward. Who needs Ashley Cole!
      November - Samir Nasri, the young Frenchman with clever feet that also gets his fair share of goals.
      December - Robin van Persie, the Dutch striker who is one of the best in the business when fit and on form.

My favourite month? That is a tough one to pick, how can you even decide? I'll go for February, the month of our captain, Cesc Fabregas. This is closely followed by December as it features Robin van Persie and it means that Christmas is almost here.

*Price and Availability*

Arsenal Calendar 2011 is available to buy from www.captaincalendars.com for £8.99 although as the New Year has begun you can find the calendars being sold for a significantly reduced price. There are bargains to be had so I certainly recommend that you shop around.

*Would I Recommend This Calendar?*

Without a question yes! I absolutely recommend this calendar. It is the perfect Christmas present for any Arsenal fans. However this is there is a limited market as it not suitable for people that support other football teams. They will not appreciate nor want this fantastic calendar. You can't pick people's taste.  If you are the target market (an Arsenal fan) then it is the perfect calendar to hang in your office or bedroom (like me) or even in the kitchen.

*Overall*

I have yet to find out who my secret santa at work was but I have stated loud enough in the office that I very much appreciated the gift. All in all, Official Arsenal Calendar 2011 is fantastic. I think that the quality of the calendar is exceptional as the pages are high quality and the binding isn't one that crumbles and along with the awesome photographs that are used. I think that Arsenal have pretty much hit the nail on the head in terms of the players selected to be used for the calendar.

Now fingers crossed that we can keep the key players in the team fit and we can go on to win a trophy this year! Come on you gunners.

Publisher: Danilo Promotions Limited
      ISBN-10: 1847707483
      ISBN-13: 978-1847707482

21.01.2011 11:09

Advantages

Disadvantages

An excellent powder!

*Introduction*

No 7 Perfect Light Loose Powder is a product that I first starting buying a few years ago now and have stayed faithful to it for the most part. I am not the kind of person who can get away with wearing just foundation or concealer alone without a sweep of powder on your face as well. For me, powder is a complete must to leave my face with good coverage, no sign of shine and a radiant glow.

*About the Product*

No 7 Perfect Light Loose Powder is a light diffusing loose powder for a perfectly flawless, radiant finish. It is hypo-allergenic and fragrance free.
        *Application*

The application of No 7 Perfect Light Loose Powder is really quite easy although only whilst you have a mirror to hand so it isn't a product that is great for travel. You simply need to pull off the top lid to reveal the sponge applicator. The unscrew the lid that conceals the powder. Then shake the pot a little to get a sufficient amount of the powder onto the sponge. When you have done this, simply apply the powder onto your face. In order to prevent your face looking like a patchwork quilt, make sure that you apply even amounts to your face.

*Price and Availability*

No 7 Perfect Light Loose Powder can be purchased for £10.75. Although this does sound a little bit on the pricey side, its good quality and longevity mean that you can understand why it is the price that it is.

This loose powder is solely available to buy from Boots stores as the No 7 brand is an own brand of this company. Alternatively, if you can't get out to a shop, you can buy this product online at www.boots.com.

*My Opinion*

The packaging: No 7 Perfect Light Loose Powder is packaged in a thick, black plastic pot. The colour of this is not just black but it also has speckled glittery pink sparkles. The pot is made up of 4 different pieces of plastic. The base of the product which contains the powder and a lid which fits tightly to the pot. There is then a screw on and off piece of plastic which holds the sponge that comes with this powder. And as the powder is loose, the pot has a fourth piece of plastic that is tightly fitted to the pot and has 25 small holes which allows the loose powder to be dispensed without too much being poured out onto the sponge.

As for the sponge, it is the highest quality sponge that I have had for applying powder. It is not a sponge that falls apart after just one or two uses. It is a substantial and easy and effective to use.

On the whole, the packaging of this product looks classy, simple and sophisticated. I really do like the design of the packaging. It works in terms of its appearance as well as its praciticality.

Texture and colour: The texture of this powder is very light which did make me think it wouldn't actually perform the promise of giving a perfectly flawless finish and give good coverage. Thankfully I was wrong to doubt as I was very satisfied with the results of using this loose powder. It glides onto my skin with ease after I have applied a thin layer of foundation. Although the texture doesn't make my skin look flawless it certainly succeeds in covering up many of my blemishes.

As for the colour, I use the one that is the lightest shade as I have a very pale complexion. It works well with my skin tone, it doesn't provide a 'I look like I am wearing lots of makeup' appearance but it covers my skin nicely.

Staying power: This is very important for me with regards to powder. I am not asking for miracles but I also don't want to apply a product that within 10 minutes doesn't even look like I have actually applied it. Not only would this be a waste of money, but a waste of my time as well. I found that once I had applied this loose powder, it stayed put on my face for a solid 5 hours or so before it showed signs that maybe it was time for a bit of a touch up.

Range of colours: When the product was first released there were lots of colours to choose from however now it seems that there are just 4: translucent, fair, medium and dark. Perhaps these were the most popular shades and the top sellers but as it has the colour that I have always used, I am satisfied. The great thing about the colour that I use is that it doesn't look too dark or too light, a common problem with powders.

So is No 7 Perfect Light Loose Powder a light diffusing loose powder that leaves you with a perfectly flawless, radiant finish? Yes, it most certainly is a light, diffusing powder and it leaves my skin looking really great (unless my skin is ultra bad). What I love about using this product is that there has never ever been a time when I have left the house with a line along my jaw line. To be honest, you can't easily tell that you are wearing powder because it is so natural looking. Not for others anyway but I can tell as my skin looks so much smoother.

Longevity of the product: This is one of the great things about this product as it does last for quite some time. I have found this loose powder for more than 6 months when used on a daily basis.

The one thing that I would have liked to have seen added to this product is a mirror. You often find that most powders now come with a mirror but this one does not. It is a shame because I think that it is the one thing that lets the product down.

*Would I Recommend The Product?*

Are you looking for a product that gives a radiant finish over foundation? Are you looking for a product that retails at a reasonable price? And are you looking for a product from a brand you can trust? If so then yes, I would undeniably recommend this product as it gives you incredible coverage for a fair price. In addition to this, if you are looking for a powder that is going to last you a good few months then I really would urge you to try this product so my advice is to go and check it out for yourself, be it in the form of buying it or just as a tester at the No 7 counter.

I would not however recommend this if you are looking for a powder that is good to carry around with you in your handbag as it is fairly big and bulky and it also doesn't have a mirror within the product itself therefore if you don't have a mirror with you, it isn't good to apply on the go.

*Overall*

No 7 Perfect Light Loose Powder is an excellent product by this fantastic brand that gives me fantastic coverage over foundation. Should you get a £5 off voucher for the No 7 brand, I urge you to buy this loose powder as I guarantee that you will love it as much as I do.

11.01.2011 21:19

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fabulous cream

*Introduction*

I have had a mad Christmas and new year, hence the lack of reviews in 2011 so far. That plus the fact that my data stick snapped deleting about 30 reviews that I had ready to post (boo). So my first review of 2011 is of Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream, a delightful prize that I won from dooyoo's 10 Days of Christmas competition that took place in December 2010.

*The Claim*

Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream is ideal for use on dry, stressed skin. It absorbs quickly, smooths roughness and softens skin. It contains Urea to enhance moisturising.

*About the Product*

Udderly Smooth products were originally developed to respond to patient and medical professionals requests. Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream is fragrance free and contains 10% urea to moisturize extremely dry, stressed skin

*Application*

Unscrew the lid of this pot and scoop the cream into your hand. Then apply liberally to dry and chapped feet and skin 2 to 3 times daily, massaging gently into your skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.

*Price and Availability*

Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream retails at £8.29 for a 227g tub. I looked this up and although it is a slightly high price, I also think that in comparison to alternative products and when you take into consideration its high quality, it is also a fair price.

Unfortunately, Udderly Smooth products are not widely available to buy in the UK, in fact they have only recently started retailing here however I think this is likely to change soon enough. You can however get your hands on this product if you visit and buy at www.amazon.co.uk and there are a variety of smaller stores that sell it and you can find these out by going to the sites own website.

*My Opinion*

The packaging: Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream comes in a round, thick plastic tub with a screw on and off lid. The lid of this tub is easy to take on and off. This method of packaging is easy to use and allows you to use the very last of the cream, unlike in bottles. It also allows you to take exactly the amount that you require, unlike those with a pump action.

I really do like the Udderly Smooth packaging as its cow theme is evident on the tub with the splattered black patches. It has character yet looks cool in appearance. It is a white tub with the black patches and also red featured in the writing. It is certainly eye catching however not too in your face.

Colour, texture and smell: Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream is bright white in colour. When you initially open the tub, the texture of the cream looks hard however when you scoop your hand into the cream is it soft, creamy and luxurious. It has the perfect combination between thick and thin and it isn't too heavy when it comes to apply it onto your skin, in fact it absorbs almost instantly if you rub if gently to your skin. Does it have a greasy feel? Not at all. This is particularly important to me as I absolutely despise creams and lotions that have this quality.

As for the smell, well it is exactly as stated: fragrance free. Now I am someone that likes creams that have a strong fragrance or no fragrance therefore a lack of a scent was not negative for me at all and it will be great for people who don't like strong aromas in their creams. My boyfriend even steals this occasionally as you can't tell that it has been used. Until you feel the skin.

Is Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream ideal for use on dry, stressed skin?

Does it absorb quickly, smooth roughness and soften skin? This cream absolutely absorbs into your skin quickly. In fact, the second that you start to moisturise it smoothly in, it soaks instantly into your skin which is a very good quality. It contains Urea to enhance moisturising and this it absolutely does. When I use this cream, my skin was left with an udderly smooth finish removing any feelings of rough skin.

Longevity of the product: I have been using this cream every day for approximately 3 weeks and I have used just under half of the tub therefore I would estimate that a 227g tub of Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream will last about 2 months when used liberally every day. If you are stingier with the cream then there is absolutely no doubt that it could be stretched to lasting a lot longer than this.

*Would I Recommend This Product?*

Are you looking for a fantastic cream which softens and smoothes your skin? Are you looking for a cream that is good for sensitive skin? If so then I would wholeheartedly recommend Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream. It is the perfect product for anyone that hates scented moisturisers and it works for people with sensitive skin as my best friend who really struggles to find creams that don't cause her skin to come out with a rash used it and she loved it.

I would recommend Uddery Smooth Extra Care Cream as a nice treat for yourself if you can't afford to pamper yourself at the spa due to the tough economic times or as a present for any of the ladies (or gents) in your life. It is particularly good for men due to the lack of a scent.

*Overall*

Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream is a superb product that could not have been more suited to me therefore I thank dooyoo profusely for such an apt prize. Christmas came early for me when this product dropped through my door a few days before Christmas.
          This cream is a fantastic product that has no smell and is therefore perfect for anyone that doesn't like creams and lotions that have scents. It has amazing nourishing qualities and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth after application. I liked this product so much that I have since bought Udderly Smooth Hand Udder Cream to see if it is a one off good product by the brand, or if the whole collection are just as excellent.

For additional information on this product or Udderly Smooth products in general, you can visit their webpage at www.udderlysmooth.co.uk.

27.12.2010 13:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

A scrub that is no more than average but has a superb scent

*Introduction*

I received an FCUK Pure range gift set two Christmases ago for my secret santa gift. In the past, I always used to either give them to my mum or they would go in my big box full of smellies gift sets. To be honest, I never really had a lot of time for creams, lotions, etc. Oh how things can change in such a short space of time as I am now addicted to them all. I recently stumbled upon this box again and decided to start using up all these fantastic products that had been stored away for so long.

*The Claim*

FCUK Pure Showerscrub is a moisturizing and exfoliating scrub packed full of ingredients to help keep skin conditioned with a soft floral oriental scent.

This highly effective showerscrub contains naturally exfoliating crushed apricot seeds to refine skin texture and stimulating ginger to help wake up your skin moisturizing almond and jojoba oils will help nourish, hydrate and leave your skin baby soft.

*About the Product*

FCUK Pure Showerscrub is a soft floral oriental scent built around a delicious fusion of violet, pepper and vanilla notes.

*Application*

When applying the product, I find that a fair amount of this scrub is required. I use approximately an amount the covers my palm. Gently massage the shower scrub onto damp skin. For most effective use, you should rub in small round motions. I personally apply it whilst the shower is push to the side or off momentarily so that the scrub doesn't simply wash straight off. When using this scrub, you should concentrate on the rougher parts of your skin when you are doing this, focussing specifically on knees and elbows. After you have rubbed the product into your skin, you need to rinse it off thoroughly and pat dry. With most scrubs, it is suggested that you use this once or twice weekly to get the best results.

Ensure that you do not use on damaged or irritated skin. You should also avoid contact with the eyes. If product gets into the eyes, rinse well with water immediately.

*Price and Availability*

FCUK Pure Showerscrub is available to purchase from any Boots store for £2.25 for a 75ml bottle. I think that this is a pretty steep price when you consider that it is just a 75ml size and not a particularly renowned brand when it comes to cosmetics. I have paid significantly less and received a bigger size and better quality.

This body scrub isn't widely available to buy as it is sold exclusively from Boots stores. Alternatively, you can purchase it from www.boots.com online if you don't have a store that is local to you.

*My Opinion*

The Packaging: This product is packaged in a cross between dull mint green and grey coloured 75ml tube. The lid is one that is flipped open and is also the stand of the product. I quite like the packaging as although it isn't translucent, it is still light enough to see the amount of scrub left in it at all times. The tube is extremely easy to use so you don't make a mess and waste the product. Only a slight squeeze of the bottle is required to dispense a fair amount into your hand as it comes out easily. The packaging has had a bit of an overhaul from previous years and I think the aim was for them to look like sleek, sophisticated items although I actually just find it to look plain and boring.

Colour, Texture and Smell: The scrub is clear in colour however the crushed apricot seeds are an orange/brown colour.
            The texture of this product is clear and gel/jelly like substance which means that it is relatively thin and runny. The crushed seeds mean that it also has a grainy texture however it isn't overly rough to the touch.

One of the best things about this shower scrub is the smell. FCUK hit the nail on the head when they describe it as being a soft floral oriental scent. It is a very unique smell and not one I would usually say I would like when it comes to shower gels and scrubs as I prefer fruity fresh aromas but for me this really does work well. It has a spicy smell produced by the ginger ingredient but it isn't too much. In fact it reminds me a little of the scent of Victoria Beckham's perfume.

Longevity of the product: I think that this tube will last for approximately one month depending on the amount of times that you use it per week and how much of the product you use. I think that I probably overuse the product but I find that with FCUK Pure Showerscrub you need to use more than your average body scrub.

Is FCUK Pure Showerscrub a moisturising and exfoliating scrub packed full of ingredients to help keep skin conditioned? Yes, it is a moisturising and exfoliating scrub that leaves your skin feeling softer than previously although I wasn't overwhelmed by the results.

Do the naturally exfoliating crushed apricot seeds help to refine skin texture? Yes, they most certainly do. The effect of refining the skin texture is immediate and leaves it my skin free and any dry or dead skin patches.

Does the stimulating ginger to help wake up your skin? I actually think that it did. It gave a slight tingling feeling when applied and made me feel rejuvenated in the mornings. My skin looked brighter and refreshed after using this.

Do the moisturising almond and jojoba oils will help nourish, hydrate and leave your skin baby soft? Do you know what, I actually don't think it does. I can feel that the dead and rough skin has gone but I don't feel that it leaves it feelings hydrated and certainly not with baby soft skin. Unless when you count using a body butter afterwards but I wouldn't.

*Would I Recommend It?*

I don't believe that this is in the slightest good value therefore I probably would not recommend it. It certainly isn't a product that I will be purchasing again although as it was a gift I don't feel like I have wasted any money on it.

If you are looking for an amazing body scrub then look elsewhere as this is certainly not as good as others that I have used. In fact, if you are considering buying FCUK Pur Showerscrub then I recommend that you purchase Garnier Skin Natural Bodytonic Sugar Scrub instead as it is 100 times better in my opinion.

*Overall*

FCUK Pure Showerscrub is a distinctly average and overpriced product. I wouldn't turn my nose up at it as a gift as it is on the pricier side but if I were looking for a body scrub myself, this product wouldn't be my first choice. The effects of the scrub were standard although the smell was absolutely divine!

16.12.2010 12:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

A temporary cure for man flu

*Introduction*

Isn't a cold the kind of thing you seem to suffer from every year? When you are suffering from a cold, what do you take to help clear and fight your symptoms in the short term? For me, Beechams All In One Tablets is the best option. Especially if you want an alternative to the hot drink options.

*What Does Beechams All in One Tablets Claim To Do?*

These tablets are for the short term relief of the symptoms of colds, chills and flu with chesty coughs. These symptoms include headaches, shivers, aches and pains, blocked nose and painful sinuses, catarrh, sore throat and a chesty, productive cough.

*How Do They Work?

These tablets contain three key ingredients. These are:
              - Paracetamol: this is a painkiller and it reduces your temperature when you have a fever.
              - Guaifensin: this is an expectorant which loosens phlegm and relieves a chesty cold.
              - Phenlyephrine hydrochloride: this is a decongestant which unblocks your nose and sinuses allowing you to breathe more easily.

*Directions*

Beechams All In One Tablets are to be taken in doses of two tablets by drinking them with half a glass of water.

*Frequency of Use*

Beechams All In One Tablets are to be taken every four hours as required. Usually it gets to about 3 and half hours after you have taken the tablets and you are feeling your symptoms again but you must ensure that you leave the full four hours. Do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours.

*Who Can't Take The Tablets?*

There are a number of circumstances in which you should not take Beechams All In One Tablets. These are:
              - If you have ever had an allergic reaction to paracetamol, guaifenesin or phenylephrine hydrochloride.
              - If you have kidney or liver problems, overactive thyroid, diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease.
              - If you are taking tricyclic antidepressants or monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
              - If you are currently taking beta blockers.
              - If you are under 12 years of age.
              - If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.

It is also essential that you do not take this with any other paracetamol containing products or other flu, cold or decongestant products.

*Side Effects*

There are a number of common side effects that you could possibly suffer from if you take these tablets. These are:
              - Upset stomach, sickness and diarrhoea.
              - Raised blood pressure, headache and dizziness.
              - Difficulty sleeping and palpitations.

These effects should go away if you stop taking the tablets.

*The Tablets*

In the packet you get 16 tablets. The tablets are white and capsule shaped. The size of the tablets is a bit of a negative for me as I don't swallow tablets with ease and these are a little on the large size. In fact they are huge. Luckily, these tablets are film-coated which makes them easier to swallow otherwise I don't think I would ever get them down. As it is it takes a whole glass of water.

*The Packaging*

The packaging of Beechams All In One Tablets is in the same style as Beechams All In One Medicine in liquid dose form. It is packaged in a light blue and dark blue cardboard box with a picture of a the two tablets on the front. Inside the box is a leaflet which contains all of the details that you could possibly want and need to know about the product.

There are two plastic blisters inside, each containing 8 tablets. They are easily opened by popping the tablets through the foil. The packaging is perfectly adequate and the box is a nice and compact size to have in your handbag without taking up to much room.

*How Much Are They? And Where Can You Buy Them?*

Beechams All In One Tablets are widely available to buy. On the Beechams website they state that you can purchase the tablets from Tesco, Boots, Asda, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, Alliance Pharmacy, Sainsbury, Waitrose, Morrisons and the Coop. I have no doubt that you could also buy them from local smaller pharmacies.

These tablets are sold in packs of 16 or 24 tablets. The pack of 16 retails at £3.99 and the pack of 24 tablets costs £4.39. This is a little bit pricey but as they are so effective I consider them to be fantastic value for money.

*Do They Work and Would I Recommend Them?*

Whether or not they work is the most important part of this review and I definitely say that they work. If you buy these tablets and you most certainly will not regret it. I found that about 20 minutes after I have taken these tablets, I can feel my symptoms start to lessen, in particular the not being able to breathe and the blocked sinuses. It wasn't so brilliant as easing my sore throat but I took some throat lozenges for this instead. These tablets lasted for a good 3-3 and a half hours before the symptoms started to come back which is a lot better than some products.

I would unquestionably recommend Beechams All In One Tablets. A lot of the time I use the hot lemon drinks but when you are out and about these can be quite difficult to fit into your day which is why I actually bought these in the first place. They are easy to carry around and take less than a minute to take.

They may well be expensive, like most Beechams products, but they are also top quality and this is why I believe that they warrant the high pricetag. I will buy this tablets again in the future as they alleviate the horrible cold and flu symptoms quickly and for relatively long periods of time.

*Overall*

If you have ever taken Beechams All In One medicine then you will know that it works superbly but tastes absolutely foul. These All-in-One tablets take away the awful taste that you get when taking the medicine instead which is always a positive from my point of view as it makes me gag.

15.12.2010 11:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

An excellent smelling perfume that is also long lasting

*Introduction*

I was given Davidoff Echo Woman Eau de Parfum as a gift from my best friend for paying for her train to come over and visit me in Belgium. I have a huge collection of perfumes but I have just run out of two bottles and smashed another a few weeks ago so I guess I needed to replenish my stocks so this gift was a wonderful surprise.

*About Davidoff Echo (as claimed by the brand)*

Described as a "sensual and private" fragrance, Davidoff Echo Woman eau de parfum spray is a fruity, floral scent, which introduces the note of white grappa, a unique note never before used in perfumery. This white grappa blends with notes of grape, raspberry, iris pulp, osmanthus flower, cristal amber and violet wood. The Cool Water deodorant stick by Davidoff is a big hit with Fragrance Direct customers, as its fresh, aquatic scent works with the deodorant to keep you dry and smelling great throughout the day, and its excellent price makes it great value for money.

*Price and Availability*

Davidoff Echo Woman Eau de Parfum can be purchased from a variety of different shops including Debenhams, Boots, The Perfume Shop and House of Fraser. You can also buy it online from www.boots.com as well as numerous other online perfume stores so I very much doubt that you will struggle to get hold of it at at least one of these shops/websites.

You can buy this perfume in 3 different size bottles. The RRP prices for these average at around:
                - 30ml bottle: £27.50
                - 50ml bottle: £33
                - 100ml bottle: £37
                I think that these are fairly reasonably prices for what I consider a great brand but if you search hard enough online, you can find this perfume at even lower prices and if I see it for a bargain, I will definitely consider buying the perfume again.

*My Opinion*

The packaging: The packaging of perfume is actually quite important for me. As it is something that is going to be sat on my dressing table for a long time or in my handbag to be seen in public, I want it to look nice. Very rarely will I buy a perfume that doesn't have a nice looking bottle.

Davidoff Echo Woman Eau de Parfum is in a flat yet round, pear shaped bottle. At the top part of the bottle, it is a silver metal and the bottom half is a transparent coloured glass which appears pink due to the colour of the perfume itself. I like this as you can see how much or how little you have remaining. On the silver part of the lid, there is a small round shaped button which you press down on to release the perfume. This shape and design is very easy to handle and use.

I really think that the design of this bottle is simple yet sweet looking. It isn't the most innovative design but is certainly pretty and looks great on my dressing table as there doesn't seem to be a theme or connection like the Givenchy perfumes but it is priced at a significantly lower amount therefore I guess it is right that the concept behind it isn't quite as good.

The smell: The one main smells that I find very distinctive with this perfume is of berries (mainly raspberries, as described by the brand) and violet. You can absolutely smell these two scents in the aroma from the moment they are sprayed to several hours later.

This perfume is a fruity yet somewhat floral aroma that I believe is perfect for wear during the day although also adequate for evening wear although I do prefer a more mysterious and sultry scent in the evening. It is another perfume that is strong but not too overpowering. It is one which is definitely noticeable when you use the correct amount.

The brand describes this perfume as being a fruity, floral scent, and this is certainly an accurate description. It is beautifully feminine and it leaves you smelling fruity and fresh throughout the day. It is most definitely a lovely smell in my mind.

How many squirts of the perfume are required? When spraying this, I find that 3 or 4 squirts of Davidoff Echo Woman Eau de Parfum are necessary as it is strong yet for it to last well, I find you need a spray on the wrist, I spray on the neck and then 2 sprays on your body. This allows the aroma to remain on you for the duration of the day.

Staying power: Davidoff Echo Woman Eau de Parfum has incredible staying power if you spray enough of the perfume. It needs a few squirts but if you do this, then its fruity but floral scent will last you for a good 6-7 hours. Obviously, when it gets towards the back end of the day you will find that it starts to fade but an additional spray or two will have the scent back and refreshed.

Longevity of the product: I have the 30ml bottle of Davidoff Echo Woman Eau de Parfum and I have worn it frequently in the past couple of months. I think that it does tend to suit wear during the spring, summer and autumn months rather than winter due to its fruity/floral scent but you may think otherwise. I think that this perfume will last you approximately 9 months to a year, depending on how much of the perfume you wear each time you use it and also how frequently you wear it. In my opinion it is excellent value for money.

*Would I Recommend This Perfume?*

Davidoff Echo Woman Eau de Parfum is a fragrance that I would recommend. It's fruity but floral scent gets the strength just right. I am somebody that has a large number of perfumes, ranging from those that are very expensive to those that are cheaper. Davidoff Eacho Woman Eau de Parfum was a gift from my friend and one of the less expensive perfumes that I own but its quality of scent is stunning. It is not a perfume that you either love or hate, it is a nice aroma that I believe will be adored by many.

Davidoff Echo Woman Eau de Parfum is a perfume that would be perfect as a gift because it isn't the most expensive perfume but it does appear to be a thoughtful gift therefore it's a great idea for female friends and family this Christmas, especially if you are stuck on what you should buy.

*Overall*

Davidoff Echo Woman Eau de Parfum is a nice perfume. It isn't one of the best that I have used, but it is certainly one that I like and would buy again in the future. I have thanked my friend profusely for her generous gift and I would definitely recommend the product to others in the future. When I wear this perfume, I feel fresh and revitalised due to its fruity smell. It leaves me feeling confident and fabulous. You won't regret spending your hard earned cash on this product whether it is for yourself or as a present at Christmas.

• Benefit Play Sticks / Make Up / 65 Readings / 57 Ratings
                  14.12.2010 17:16

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great foundation and concealer

*Introduction*

I was given Benefit Play Stick Concealer and Foundation as a Christmas gift by my parents. I am something of a cosmetics addict and I had seen this whilst shopping at Lakeside with my mum in November. I thought it was thick enough to cover a scar I have on the right side of my jaw line, something which most concealers fail miserably at doing so asked to assistant if I could try it. She obliged and the product did exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, it was just prior to payday so I didn't buy it there and then and must have forgot about the item only to find it wrapped up on Christmas morning.

*The Claim*

Our velvety smooth crayon sticks are marvelously fun, easy and encourage you to apply just as much concealer, foundation and powder as you need... its all there in one. The combination of green tea and chamomile soothes your skin while covering. Benefits Play Sticks make covering up child's play.

*About the Product*

A cream to powder foundation stick that helps promote a healthy complexion while giving natural-looking coverage. Scribble in any fun shape and blend for a satin-matte finish. With a variety of silky-smooth shades to choose from, there's a play stick to flatter every skin tone!

*Application*

I use this product differently depending on my mood and the effect that I want it to have. Usually, I will just use it as a concealer on blemishes, spots and scars however if I am going out somewhere special and want a foundation that will give me good coverage, I turn to Benefit Play Stick Concealer and Foundation every time. To apply either method, you need to twist the cylinder so that the stick is accessible.

As a concealer: To use this as a concealer, I find the most effective way using the stick directly to my skin or the blemishes, spots or under my eyes and simply blending it with a brush.

As a foundation: To use this as a foundation I find it easier to build up the coverage rather than apply too much initially. The first time I used Benefit Playstick Concealer and Foundation on my own was a bit of a disaster as I made this mistake. I used it as a foundation and had plastered way too much of it on. I quickly adjusted to how little of the product you needed for it to be effective and find the best way to apply it as a foundation by usually my fingers to blend and using a foundation brush.

*Price and Availability*

Benefit Play Stick Concealer and Foundation can be bought from a variety of different department stores including Debenhams, John Lewis and House of Fraser. You can also find Benefit counters in the larger Boots stores. It is also available to buy online from www.boots.com if you prefer to buy via the internet.

The price of this product is £24.50. This price is very expensive, especially compared to the price of other foundations and concealers that I have used previously, however it is also one of the best that I have used. Is it worth the money? I think that is something that everyone individually will decide. For me, yes... it is worth the high cost. Half of the price of the dooyoo cheque that is due through my post box any day now. Money well earnt and spent I think.

*My Opinion*

The packaging: Benefit Playstick Concealer and Foundation comes in a silver cylinder metal tube which is why I was surprised when the assistant told me it was a foundation in addition to a concealer. The packaging splits in the middle and the top half is the lid and the bottom contains the block of concealer/foundation which twists up and down.

The packaging is simple and easy to use. You simply pull off the lid, twist up the concealer/foundation and apply as you wish. And as for its appearance, it is one of the plainer Benefit products which is quite disappointing as I like their quirkiness but it is practical and does the job. What I do love about this packaging is that it is perfect for travel as it can sit nicely in a makeup bag due to its compact, small size.

Colour, feel and consistency: The colour of this product is pretty much the same colour that it looks in the block as it does when applied. The colour of this concealer/foundation is reasonably natural when you blend it in as it adjusts well to your skin tone but you can tell that you are wearing makeup.

As for the consistency, I find that this product has a thick texture which gives you complete coverage. The texture of the product is velvety and soft when applying it to your face. I had read prior to buying this product some people claim that the product was 'chalky' but I have never found this to be the case for me so perhaps this product is different for everyone.

Range of colours: Benefit Play Stick Concealer and Foundation is available in 6 different colours suitable for those with pale skin to those with darker skin. It is extremely important with this product that you get the colour that is suited to your skin because if you don't the effects could be quite disastrous... I mean, you could look awful! So take your time when by the product to test out the colours and select the one that is right for you. Otherwise you might regret it.

Staying power: Benefit Play Stick Concealer and Foundation has an average staying power. I find that when I apply it in the morning, it usually lasts for about 4-5 hours without any signs of fading but after this time it grows fainter.

Longevity of the product: Benefit Play Stick Concealer and Foundation has lasted me just under a year so far and I have about a quarter of the product remaining so it has lasted me a fairly long time. This is having used the product on a daily basis, predominantly as a concealer although occasionally on nights out as a foundation.

It is thick as a foundation over the whole of my face which is why I use No. 7 Intelligent Colour Foundation and then a small amount of this product over the top on certain areas of my face which I find the first foundation hasn't covered as well as I'd have liked.

Are these velvety smooth crayon sticks that are marvelously fun, easy and encourage you to apply just as much concealer, foundation and powder as you need? Velvety smooth crayon sticks? Check. They are gorgeously smooth and make my skin appear even and blemish free. Are they fun and easy? Yes and no. I'm not so sure that they are fun but they are definitely easy to use. And do they encourage you to use as much as you need? I would say so, yes. The stick allows you to apply it bit by bit, applying more if required.

Does this combination of green tea and chamomile sooth your skin while covering? This product certainly doesn't cause my skin to have spots but I'm not entirely sure that it is as good for my skin as it claims and I don't think that it soothes my skin.

*Would I Recommend This Product?*

Benefit Play Stick Concealer and Foundation is a fantastic product to have although at a very expensive cost. If you are looking for a foundation that is thick and concealer almost everything then this could well be the product that you have been searching for although I would not recommend that you use this product like this on a regular basis because 1) it will run out rather quickly and 2) if you suffer from spots and don't remove your makeup every evening you'll make your skin 10 times worse than when you started.

I would not recommend this product to anyone who likes to where minimal make-up. It is very thick but gives excellent coverage.

*Overall*

Benefit Play Stick Concealer and Foundation is a product that I rate very highly. I really have grown to love and depend on this product and really cannot praise it enough. In fact I would go so far as to say that it is easily the best concealer that I have used to date with perfect the exception of Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. As a foundation, I am not so keen as it is perhaps a bit too much but good for nights out but a little bit over the top for every day at work. My one recommendation is that you true it out in store before you buy as it is a lot of money to spend on a product that you perhaps may not like or buy the wrong colour for your skin.

09.12.2010 13:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

A fun chic lit book that is easy and addictive to read

*Introduction*

Picture this. I'm sat down on the Eurostar waiting for my two hour journey to commence so I pull out the book that I'm reading which is Paige Toon's Pictures of Lily. I'm approximately half way through when I'm reading something that I actually remember. The book has only got a chunk of the novel missing and a chunk repeated. I was gutted as I was well over half way through and ready to finish it off with my two hours of sitting on the train that I had ahead. I contacted the publishers immediately and I was thrilled when another copy came through the post the following morning so I continue my reading.

*About the Author*

Paige Toon grew up in Australia, America and England. For over seven years, Paige worked at Heat Magazine as Reviews Editor. She is married and has a son, born in September 2007. She lives in north London.

*A Brief Outline of the Storyline*

Lily moved to Australia with her mum when she was 16 years old. Unexpectedly, she fell in love with someone that she shouldn't have: a man 12 years older than her and engaged to be married. He leaves for England leaving Lily broken hearted and with the feeling that she'll never fall in love again. 10 years later, Lily is living in Sydney and engaged to her boyfriend of two years. When someone from her past appears in her life again will she be able to continue with her new life or will ghosts of the past prove that she hasn't really moved on? Whose heart will she break other than her own?

*My Opinion*

The first part of the book was my favourite. Paige has the ability to set the scene well and introduce the main character of Lily. I thought the first 100 or so pages that set the scene and described the relationship between Lily and her mother and the motivations between why they had left England were detailed but necessarily so. It helped you to understand and love the young, independent teenager in Lily. It was my connection with her character that kept me wanting to read more and more of the book. I flicked to the pages eagerly, reading about the chemistry she had with the forbidden love interest.

The characters that Paige Toon creates are fantastic in particular the main character Lily. I was so drawn into her character that when she felt distraught and heartbroken, I also felt a little like that. The way that Paige Toon describes her loves and passions of both people and hobbies as being so real that you feel it these emotions. I was also quite fond of the secretaries that Lily worked with, her two doting sisters, Michael (the reason that she was in Australia anyway), Josh and the characters of both her forbidden love and fiancé. All of them seemed so real, that you could imagine them being real people and connect them to people in your own life.

Pictures of Lily is in Australia, when her mum feel in love with a man over the internet and decided to uproot hers and Lily's lives to the other side of the world. I have never been to Australia but some of the descriptions especially that of Mount Lofty, made me feel like I had been.

Paige Toon nails chic lit and Pictures of Lily is a fantastic read which demonstrates this. Pictures of Lily had a nice but not overly exciting plot. The great characters and chemistry between them is what stands out the most. I think what made it more interesting was the fact that the prologue started in the present day, switched to 16 year old Lily to start and then comes straight back to the moment in the prologue when we leave the heartbroken teenager.

What I really enjoyed about reading Pictures of Lily is the easiness of reading it. Somehow, Paige has a way of making her words flow effortlessness. So much so that you finish one chapter and immediately want to start reading the next followed by the next. As you can imagine, I was extremely frustrated when I found chapters of this book missing replaced by chapters that were repeated but the second that I received my new copy through the post, it took me two hours at the most to finish the second half of the book.

At no point throughout this book was I bored or wanting the scene to move on. I thought that each event had the perfect amount of detail and none were dragged out too long, a mistake that I find a lot of authors make all too often. The pace of the book was fast and keeps you going through chapter after chapter, forcing you not to put the book down even for a minute.

What you get from Paige Toon's Pictures of Lily is an unpredictable end which keeps your interest up throughout. I love this book and if you choose to read it I am sure you will too.

*Other Recommendations*

I think that if you enjoy a good chic lit book then Pictures of Lily will definitely be right up your street. And my recommendations if you liked or like the sound of this book are:
                    - Johnny Be Good by Paige Toon
                    - Lucy in the Sky by Paige Toon
                    - I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk

*Overall*

I have now read three of Paige Toon's chic lit books and she has failed to let me down yet. Lucy in the Sky was good, Johnny Be Good was better and Pictures of Lily I think is her best yet. This book had it all: great characters, romance and lots of twists and turns throughout. I will warn you ahead that if you pick up this book, be prepared not to put it down until you've finished it. The perfect holiday read.

You can buy this book from www.amazon.co.uk for £4.18.

Paperback: 432 pages
                    Publisher: Pocket Books (8 July 2010)
                    Language: English
                    ISBN-10: 1847393918
                    ISBN-13: 978-1847393913

02.12.2010 19:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

A cheap but effective face msk

*Introduction*

I've tried out several different face masks lately to try and get rid of the mountains that call themselves spots from my face. Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Face Mask is the latest tat I tested out a few days ago. So what is the verdict?

*About the Product*

Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Face Mask is for clean, clear and refreshed skin. Why put up with blemishes? Enliven your skin and help combat unsightly blemishes with our Aloe Vera and Willow Blemish Mud. Our special blend of nature's remedies (a blend of aloe vera, willow, rosemary and witch hazel) naturally targets your problem areas for a clear and clean complexion. It is recommended for normal, greasy and t-zone skin.

*Application*

Before you begin the application process, you need to cleanse your face and neck with warm water only. Then undo the sachet and squeeze the product from the packet onto your fingertips. Then carefully apply evenly over your face and neck with your fingertips, avoiding eyes and lips for 1-3 minutes.

Once you have applied the face mask, you can lie back and relax for 10-15 minutes or until dry. Take a break and maybe use the time to sit back and watch some television, listen to some music or check out some products on dooyoo. When 15 minutes have passed or when the mask is dry on your face, it is time to remove the mask. You do this by rinsing your face and neck using warm water. If this doesn't do the job, use a facial cloth to help you. Then pat your face dry.

*Price and Availability*

Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Face Mask is sold by Boots stores. Alternatively you can also buy it online at www.boots.com or directly from the brand at www.montagne-jeunesse-store.com if this is you prefer to buy via the internet.

This face mask is available to buy for £0.99. I find this to be a fantastic price. It isn't enough to make an impact in your pocket if you use it once a year, once a week or once a month so why not treat yourself to some pampering. I do think that the brand should consider bringing this product out in the form of a bottle but perhaps this idea wouldn't work for them.

*My Opinion*

The packaging: Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Face Mask is packaged in an odd shaped sachet, but a similar shape to that of the other products by this brand. It is almost rectangular in shape however with a twist. It is rounded with bits sticking out here and there. This mask is packaged in a bright canary yellow coloured plastic sachet. On the front of this is a picture of a female face covered in the mask that you are going to use with leaves and flowers covering her eyes. The picture of this packaging leaves you with a sense that you feel relaxed when you use it.

At the top, to the left of the sachet, there is a small tag that sticks out. To open this sachet, you must twist and pull off this tag. For me, this is quite difficult to do and I usually open the sachets with a pair of scissors rather than trying to pull too hard and get it everywhere. On the whole, I think the packaging of this face masque looks funky and cool however it isn't the easiest to open so perhaps this could be improved in the future.

Colour, texture and smell: Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Face Mask is a very light green in colour, very much like the colour shown on the packaging of this product.

The texture of this face mask is exceptionally thick and when applied is feels quite luxurious. Its extreme thickness means that it isn't the easiest to apply but it's smooth consistency means that it also isn't overly difficult. As the face mask dries, it feels tight on your face and becomes very hard in texture. This is the type of face mask that you see in movies that cracks when you move your face. How long does it take to dry? I found that it took approximately 12 minutes for most of my face but my cheeks actually took a little longer to dry. After 15 minutes I washed it off because the sensation of my skin being that tight felt strange.

As for the smell, it isn't an overly pleasant smell yet at the same time it isn't revolting. Instead of smelling the nice scent of aloe vera or rosemary, all I can smell with this face mask is the very strong odour of witch hazel. I find the smell to be really a very strong and overpowering but I do know that witch hazel is pretty good at helping to improve your skin so what the hell, I was going to slap it on and see if I could put up with it.

Is the mask easy to remove? No, not really. In fact it is actually one of the most difficult face masks that I have used to remove. It was certainly a thick texture which is why I think it was so difficult to remove when you try to rinse it off with just warm water. I had a lot more success when I used a damp facial cloth. If you also do this then I recommend that you wash it thoroughly afterwards to prevent the product staining the cloth.

How often do I use the product? It is recommended that you use Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Face Mask on a weekly basis however as there is too much in the sachet for just one application, I apply it twice a week, the second being roughly in the middle of the week.

Does this face mask enliven your skin and help combat unsightly blemishes? If you are expecting that as soon as you wash off this face mask, your spots and blemishes to have disappeared then you will be severely disappointed but over the few days after application, my skin had improved greatly. It removed that greasy shine from my skin, helped me to battle my ongoing war with spots and left my skin feeling softer and smoother as a result.

Longevity of the product: As this is a sachet, the product should only last for one application however there is so much of the product in here that you can either use it for 2 people or for 2 applications although if you choose the latter, you can leave the time between too long as the product might go a bit funny otherwise. And if you do choose to use the application for yourself at a late stage, I suggest you keep the remainder in the fridge to keep it fresh. And it is more refreshing when it comes to applying it to your face as well.

*Would I Recommend This Product?*

Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Face Mask is a product that is recommended for normal, greasy and t-zone skin types. If you are looking for a product that will get rid of excess moisture from your face then I definitely recommend this product. After I had used this face mask, my face was dried out significantly, something which is rare when you have skin as greasy as mine can be. After using this face mask, I found that my spots and blemishes cleared up nicely, therefore if this is what you want to buy this product for, I would definitely recommend that you buy it.

*Overall*

When I read what Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Face Mask claimed it would do I used it half expecting the product to be completely usless but what I actually found was that it fulfilled its claims and well. Ok the smell could be better but if I have to put up with that for 20 minutes while the mask gets to work at my face, then I will happily do so again.

28.11.2010 21:05

Advantages

Disadvantages

My favourite celeb couples..

I buy all of the magazines that a lot of people hate and call trashy. OK, Hello, Closer, New, Reveal, Look, Heat, More, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, I could go on. I read them all. And I am not afraid to say that I love them. After reading an article on a number of celebrity couples the other day, I decided I would put forward my views on the subject. So here goes with my top 10 celebrity couples.

I had this written a few months ago and forgot about it and guess who was sat at number 10 on my list. Wayne and Coleen Rooney. How laughable is that placement now? Which is why I have since removed them from my list as everything I had written seemed very stupid.

10. Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart
                        Harrison and Calista have one thing at least in common. They are both in the acting industry and very well known for it. Calista is famous for her roles in Ally McBeal, Brothers and Sisters and the Birdcage. There might be a 22 year age gap but Ford and Flockhart seem so happy together. They met (apparently) at the Golden Globe awards in 2002 when she spilt wine on his award. They finally married in this summer in Mexico after dating for over 8 years. They are one of the very few couples that aren't written about in the celebrity magazines every other month or so and no allegations of infidelity...yet.

9. Penn Badgley and Blake Lively
                        Do I hear cries of who? If yes is the answer then it is obvious that you don't watch Gossip Girl. Blake Lively is an American actress who is well known for her role as Serena van der Woodsen in the tv series Gossip Girl. Penn Badgley is an American actor who plays alongside Blake in Gossip Girl as Dan Humphrey. They were classmates whilst at school but clearly working so closely together ignited a flame between them as they have been dating since the end of 2007. What warrants them a place on my list you ask? Well for one they are both stunning to look at meaning they make a super looking couple. Plus I think they are both very talented and their careers will just grow which means that their profile as a couple is only going to get bigger and bigger.

8. Sasha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher
                        How could I not include this high profile couple? I love the pair of them indiviudally. Both, in my opinion, are comedy geniuses. Isla Fisher is a Scottish actress who was raised in Australia. I know her best for her role as Shannon in Home although she has since been in numerous films including Wedding Crashers, Definitely, Maybe and Confessions of a Shopaholic. Sacha Baron Cohen is a British actor and comedian who is best known for his characters Ali G, Borat and Bruno who often goes a little too far but we love him for it. The couple are engaged and have one daughter, Olive. I have included Sasha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher in my list as I think they are a great couple who although tend to stay out of the limelight still interest me.

7. Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhall
                        Reece Witherspoon is an American actress who has appeared in Legally Blonde, Sweet Home Alabama and Walk the Line and she happens to be one of my favourite actresses. Jake Gyllenhall is an American actor who has appeared in Jarhead, The Day After Tomorrow and most famously Brokeback Mountain. They started seeing each over following Reece's divorce to Ryan Philippe and look great together.

6. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
                        Jessica Biel is an American actress who is known for her character in the tv show 7th heaven and has featured in a number of films including The Illusionist and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Justin Timberlake is a musician who started his career with boy group N-Sync but has been very popular as a solo artist. The couple started seeing one another in January 2007. I remember reading about them snowboarding together in one of the magazines that I read and thought that they would make a great couple. They have been together since then and things seem to be going well (for a celebrity couple). I have included Justin and Jessica mainly because I love JT but also because I think they are a great looking couple in Hollywood!

5. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
                        Also known as Tomkat! This celebrity couple just attract media attention. Tom Cruise is famous for countless films, notably the Mission Impossible series, Top Gun and The Firm. Katie Holmes is most famous for her character of Joey Potter in Dawsons Creek. The couple have a large age gap as Tom is 16 years older but they appear to be a very happy couple. Cruise famously declared his love for Katie whilst on the Oprah Winfrey show and has provided many public displays of affection since. They also have a child, Suri Cruise, who looks the spitting image on her mum.

4. David and Victoria Beckham
                        David Beckham is probably the most well known footballer in not just the UK but in the world and Victoria Beckham was initially famous for being in the Spice Girls but has since become a star in the fashion industry and as a model. Things haven't always been easy for the couple as there have been numerous affair claims, most famously that of Rebecca Loos. They have 3 young boys and are currently living in LA where David plays his football. I love David and Victoria as they give me plenty to read about in my magazines, most of which I am sure is untrue.

3. Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
                        Coming in at number three is the couple with a rather large age gap, Ashton and Demi. And the age gap is reversed as Demi has a toy boy. Ashton is famous for his role as Michael Kelso in That '70s Show as well as producing and hosting Punk'd. He has also been in a number of films including Dude, Where's My Car. Demi Moore is an actress in films Ghost, A Few Good Men and Indecent Proposal and was previously married to Bruce Willis. They were married in Kabbalah ceremony in 2005. I like the couple and they appear strong despite numerous infidelity rumours. A great pair to follow on twitter!

2. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
                        Or Brangelina as they are very well known in the media. Brad Pitt is a very successful actor who has starred in films like Se7en, Fight Club, Oceans 11 and many more. Angelina Jolie is an actress who has starred in Lara Croft: Tombraider and Changeling as well as being a UN Goodwill Ambassador. How could I not include them? My top three couples really could have ended up in any order and Brangelina almost landed the top spot because they are the ultimate Hollywood couple, constantly headlining in newspapers and magazines about their relationship or their 100,000 children. Ok, it is just 6 children now but I'm sure it will be that number some day. They met on the set of Mr and MRs Smith and probably were reported to have started seeing each over prior to Brad and Jen's split however they strongly deny this claim.

1. Jay Z and Beyonce
                        This couple lands my number one spot for celebrity couples. Beyonce is an R&B singer originally in Destiny's Child but now a solo artist and also an actress. Jay-Z is a rapper and producer. They are two of the highest profile people in the music industry today and they are also one of the most attractive in celebrity land. They met in 2002 when working together on an album and were married in New York in 2008. On the whole, you don't know a lot about this high profile couples relationship which shows that should you want your privacy, you can have it.

Other couples that just missed out on being in my list include:

Katy Perry and Russell Brand
                        Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith

More Comments
                          22.11.2010 13:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Stunning perfume, perfect for day and night wear

*Introduction*

I was given Armani Code For Women Eau de Parfum as part of a gift set by my boyfriends parents for my 21st birthday. I have more bottle of perfume than I can count on my dressing table but I am always thrilled when I receive another as I have started to get something of an addiction to perfume. Especially ones that smell as good as this!

*The Claim*

Simple yet sensual, comforting yet captivating. A spellbinding fragrance evoking the same elegance as a Giorgio dress.

*About the Product*

Orange blossom is the muse of this creation: a miracle of the nature, the quintessence of femininity. A unique creation reveals this flowers full magic and operates its metamorphosis by the incredibly soft embrace of Madagascar vanilla and a touch of honey. Sambac jasmine from India amplifies the radiance and elegance of this celebration of noble materials. An unforgettable fragrance that exudes a mysterious charm.

*Price and Availability*

Armani Code For Women Eau de Parfum can be bought from a variety of different shops including Debenhams, Boots, The Perfume Shop and House of Fraser. It is also available to buy online from www.boots.com if you prefer to buy perfume online but my advice is to smell it first in a shop.

You can buy this perfume in 3 different size bottles. The prices for these average at around:
                          - 30ml bottle: £34
                          - 50ml bottle: £45
                          - 75ml bottle: £61
                          I consider the prices of these bottles to be quite expensive but as it is such a reputable and designer brand and I would be willing to pay these prices to have the perfume again. And even more so as the smell of the perfume is divine! You can also purchase 2 mini 10ml bottles of the perfume for £25 although I would prefer to buy the 30ml bottle.

*My Opinion*

The packaging: Stylish, classy, mysterious and elegant are just a few words that I would use when describing the packaging of this product. As I received it as part of a 3 piece gift set, I didn't see its 'real' outer packaging but the box that the set came in was a gorgeous deep blue colour and made of hard cardboard which I have subsequently made use of as a box for my pens on the desk in my bedroom.

What is important is the design of the bottle of this perfume and you could have this bottle for a few months or even have to have it out in public so you don't want in to look a complete eye sore. The bottle shape is simple yet effective. It is a round tube bottle which is the small width from the top to the bottom. I have the 50ml bottle and it stands at a nice height, not too tall and not too short. The bottle is actually quite simply. There is nothing unique about its shape yet for me it looks special.

The colour of the glass is a tinted deep blue colour which changes. It is a gorgeous, deep navy blue at the top of the bottle and the colour gets lighter towards the bottom. I love the colouring of the bottle. It's deep blue colour gives off the feeling of mystery and night, perfect for the evening smell of the perfume. I also like the colour as it is lighter at the bottom part of the bottle, allowing you to see exactly how much of the product is remaining. There is a black floral silhouette design on the top part of the bottle. This pattern oozes sexiness and style.

I definitely commend the designers of the bottle of this perfume. It looks sophisticated and chic. And even the lid clicked on and off with ease which is something that usually all perfumes fail miserably at getting right.

The smell: Spicy, sexy and sophisticated. These are three words that I would use to describe this striking perfume. It is a fairly strong perfume with orange being the predominant aroma. The second strongest smell is jasmine which is where the floral aroma comes along. This gorgeous aroma stays fresh throughout the day, oozing a sexy scent.

I think that the fruity but floral scent of Armani Code is appropriate to wear during both the day and night, however more suited to evening wear than day wear. It is quite strong which means that it is noticeable in the evening if you want to stand out and this is also my reason for thinking that it isn't best for wear during the day, particularly at work.
                          The aroma of this perfume is floral yet fruity with a touch of spicy and quite strong. If you like the smell of orange then this perfume will definitely be one that you will like.

Staying power: When sprayed, Armani Code Eau de Parfum lasts for a number of hours but it isn't the best when it comes to endurance. Initially, you think that the perfume will last all day and night as the scent when you first spray is relatively strong although it fades quite significantly within the first hour or two. You will definitely have to reapply if going out in the evening and you want the scent to be as when you have applied.

How many squirts of the perfume are required? I think that with this perfume only 2 or 3 sprays are required. One on the neck, one on the body and one on the wrists. This way you can have a nice but not overpowering amount and you can smell its striking aroma.

Longevity of the product: The size of the bottle that I own is the 50ml one. As I alternate the perfumes that I wear so frequently, it is quite difficult for me to say accurately how long this bottle lasts but I would take a guess at it lasting about 6-7 months when used every day which is pretty good value.

*Would I Recommend This Perfume?*

Yes, yes, yes! Armani Code For Women Eau de Parfum is a fabulous perfume that I really do love. The aroma is unlike any others that I have smelt. A truly unique scent. It is a brilliant perfume which is versatile for wear during the day or night. And although it has a distinct smell, I certainly do not believe that it is too strong or overpowering.

I think it is a younger persons perfume that is perhaps suited a little more to those under the age of 40 but you may well disagree. Let's just say that I probably wouldn't buy it for my nan. It just wouldn't work.

*Overall*

Armani Code For Women Eau de Parfum is a stunning perfume that I truly love. There is no question in my mind that I would buy this perfume again in the future, either for myself or for a friend. It has a gorgeous flowery yet musky scent is very unique and one which I think a lot of people will find that they like.

• HP Standard Keyboard / Keyboard / 79 Readings / 77 Ratings
                            19.11.2010 08:54

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

A superb keyboard which allows me to write my dooyoo reviews!

*Introduction*

The opportunity to win a 50 pound amazon voucher doesn't come around everyday so when I saw dooyoo's competition I was very interested. I tend to write reviews on predominantly in the cosmetics and make up categories with the occasional reviews in pets, music and film and have yet to go into the depths of Computer but what better time than with the lure of winning a very appealing prize.

A few months ago, my brother decided to do what he does best and break the family computer keyboard. So I began the search for a new one. When looking at keyboards, I really wasn't sure what we wanted in one. Everyone in the family uses my computer a lot, therefore key factors that I was looking for were comfort whilst typing, a nice looking design but also one with not too many keys to confuse my dad. He finds it hard enough using a computer as it, without adding numerous buttons that would just make his job a lot harder.

*About The Product (according to the brand)*

The HP Standard Keyboards represent a design extension of the successful Easy Access keyboards. These keyboards have the same layout and tactile characteristics as the previous keyboards, but without the hot-keys. Instead, the HP Standard Keyboards introduce expanded configurability by allowing the keyboard to sit upon the desk at either zero-degree (flat), 6-degree or 12-degree slope through the use of the keyboards tilt legs. Hence you receive a wider range of configurable slope options to maximize your comfort when using these keyboards. The HP Standard keyboards also simplify System Administration tasks as no additional reprogramming or redirector software is required to be maintained or supported with these keyboards. The keyboard software device drivers are an integral part of the client operating system. This keyboard is compatible with all HP Compaq Business Desktops (except the dc5000 series and the d530 ultra slim desktop).

*Price and Availability*

HP Standard Keyboard - PS/2 - Silver/Black is available to buy from a number of different shops including PC World. If you prefer to do your shopping online like I do, you can also buy it at www.amazon.co.uk (although you will need a keyboard in the first place in order to place the order).

This keyboard retails at £12.49. I happen to find this a reasonable price and although there are alternatives available at significantly lower prices, they don't look half as nice. I'm happy to pay this price for what I have found to be an excellent purchase.

*My Opinion*

The size: The dimensions of this keyboard are (WxDxH) 45.8cm x 16.3cm x 2.5 and it weighs 0.9kg. So isn't the smallest or lightest of keyboard but if desk space isn't an issue, and it isn't for us, then this shouldn't matter too much. On the other hand although it isn't the smallest, it also isn't huge or bulky. It sits nice on the desk with an appropriate amount of space around it.

The design: The shape of this keyboard is rectangular with rounded edges to prevent from any catching or scratching of the skin. The colour of the keyboard, as you can see from the picture featured above is black and silver: the bottom black, the top silver and black keys with white writing.

The layout of the keys are quite similar to that of many keyboards. In the top left hand corner is the Esc button, nicely on its own so that you can access it with ease. Along this are the 'F' keys from 1-12 in groups of 4. The Print Screen, Scroll Lock and Pause keys are directly next to these. The Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys are located below and the arrow keys below even further. These are distinctly separate from the letters and the number pad, something that I quite like as it allows you to clearly find them, something that is particularly important for people like my dad that do not utilise a keyboard as regularly as I do. In the top right hand corner, you can find the CAPS lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock as well as the Smart Card Terminal indicator lights. These are yellow in colour and you can clearer see when they are in use.

The main keyboard section is to the lower left and stretches about two thirds of the way across. This is laid out in your regular format and consists of your QWERTY formatted alphabet surrounded by the other vital keys that you need i.e. punctuation keys, shift, alt, etc. And to the far right, below the indicator lights, a number pad can be located. I really like this feature because not all keyboards have them but I find them essential to have. I really dislike the number being located above the letters and would much prefer them to be only the symbols.

The keys not only look clear but they are easily pressed and don't make too much noise, a particular pet hate of mine. I am certainly not a touch typer but I do type at quite a fast pace and this keyboard responds to it excellently. It also works well with the slower typers like my parents so we are all satisfied with the keys about to respond to the speed and pressure given. The keys also have a good quality feel rather than that or light, flimsy plastic, which makes me assume that the keyboard will last us a long time to come.

The style of the keyboard to me is very important because it is in full view to be seen by my family everyday as well as guests when they visit. I am delighted with the style of the keyboard because the colours are modern looking in appearance and also match the colour of the monitor.

Any problems, worries or bugbears with the keyboard? The only very small issue that I do have is the silly little sticker that they have need the arrow keys to the right of the keyboard. Just because there is a little free space on the keyboard does not mean that it must be filled. I found myself rapidly picking this off, cleaning away any stickiness and I think it looks a lot more professional without it. My aesthetically pleasing let's say. Only a small gripe from my point of view.

When it comes to setting up the keyboard, it doesn't get too much easier, possibly because the keyboard is qute basic to start with. This keyboard is plugged with ease into the back of your computer using a PS/2 port. This is excellent as it means that you don't have to use up a precious USB port. The cable that connects this is the perfect length to reach although not too long that you find yourself wondering where you are going to hide the remainder of the cable. If you plug the keyboard in prior to starting up your computer, it is likely that you won't have to restart your pc whereas if you do this whilst it is turned on, you may find that you have to. Either way, it will take you very little time to get this up and running.

So how comfortable is it to use? Like I said earlier, this was one of the things that does matter as the whole family do spend extended amounts of time on the computer, whether it is on the social networking site facebook, writing reviews on dooyoo or doing online banking. I have found HP Standard Keyboard - PS/2 - Silver/Black to be a very comfortable keyboard to use which is maybe a little surprising due to its lack of a wrist rest. I think that this is perhaps due to change the angle at which the keyboard sits. By making use of the keyboards legs on the bottom side of it, you are able to have it flat or at either a 6-degree or 12-degree slope. So does it tick the boxes with regards to comfort? Oh yes.

With this product, you get a 1 year manufacturer's warranty so if somehow you do happen to have a problem with it, you'll be covered for this period of time.

Is it easy to clean? This is a massively important question because everyone seems to eat and drink around their computers now, I know that I do. So when it comes to cleaning it, how easy is this to do? Well the answer is not too bad. If there are just a few crumbs that you can see then simply turning the keyboard upside down and giving it a nice, hard shake should do the trick. But if there are more than a few crumbs you can either use a small brush to get between the keys or a compressed air cleaner.

*Would I Recommend This Keyboard?*

Looking for a basic keyboard? Looking for a keyboard that has a good design? Looking for a keyboard that is comfortable and easy to use? If you answered yes to these questions then HP Standard Keyboard - PS/2 - Silver/Black is definitely a keyboard that you will want to consider when deciding which one is right for you.

This keyboard is fairly basic therefore if you are after a keyboard that is top of the range with all of the extra keys and buttons that you can get with some of the more sophisticated ones on the market, then you'll want to discount this immediately.

*Overall*

In conclusion, HP Standard Keyboard - PS/2 - Silver/Black is a basic but excellent keyboard that we have now had for about a few months now and it is still in excellent condition. I love the combination of silver and black colours and although it is perhaps slightly basic in appearance, it performs the task that we want more than sufficiently. HP is a brand that I trust and with this purchase, I am extremely happy. It is comfortable to use and the keys don't annoying get stuck like with some keyboards therefore it has a huge advantage in just this. Should you opt to buy this product, I very much doubt that you will be disappointed. We certainly haven't been.

Assignment complete. Now I just need to post the link to twitter and have my fingers and toes crossed. After all, couldn't we all do with a little more money for Christmas presents! So make my day dooyoo, make my Monday a happy one. 

My first 'technical' review. All comments and feedback are more than welcome. Thanks for reading.

• 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish / Make Up / 64 Readings / 62 Ratings
                              17.11.2010 20:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great low priced nail polish that is enduring

*Introduction*

I bought 17 Lasting Fix a few months ago when I was in Boots. I saw a 3 for 2 offer on 17 nail polishes and decided to get one of each in their nail polish ranges. The colour I went for in the Lasting Fix collection was a vibrant green as I wanted a green to go with a nice dress that I had bought.

*About the Product*

17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish glamour that lasts for 5 days of chip resistant shine.

*Application*

My top tip before picking up 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish is to apply a base coat first. This is essential for me as the colour to go on more smoothly and it also prevents the colour (especially darker ones) from staining your nails.

On the side of the bottle it advises you to shake the bottle well before you use it therefore this is exactly what I do. Now I am ready to start applying the polish to my nails. The brush on this polish seems slightly thinner than most so I can't use my tried and tested three strokes. Instead it needs four on average and I work from the left side of the nail to the right, filling any gaps I leave as I go.

For the best colour, add a second coat using the same method as for the first.

Once this has dried, I tend to add a top coat to seal in the colour and give it that extra shine.

*Price and Availability*

17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish is available to buy at the fairy low price of £2.99. And I didn't even end up paying that much as I bought 3 as part of a 3 for 2 deal. What a saving I made which is great as I do love a bargain.

These nail polishes are only available to buy from Boots stores as the 17 brand is an own brand of the store. If you don't have a store that is close to you or prefer to shop via the internet, then they are available to buy online at www.Boots.com.

*My Opinion*

The packaging: The packaging of 17 Lasting Finish Nail Polish is similar to that of most nail polishes. The bottle this nail polish is contained in is made of glass and transparent. The lid is a dark blue/navy plastic screw-top lid which feels a little on the thin side but does the job of concealing the polish well. I like that the bottle is clear because it allows you to see clearly the colour that you are purchasing. Plus the different colours look good lined up on the shelf. The nail polish brush is attached to the lid of the bottle. The quality of this brush is somewhat lacking. It is thin and as you continue to use it, the strands become rather strayed but is does the job adequately enough.

The packaging is nothing special. It is rather plain and maybe a little cheap looking but as you aren't paying a lot you can't complain too much. It isn't the kind of product that is sat on my side like perfume so I'm not too bothered.

Colour, texture and smell: The colour of the nail polish that I have in this collection is bright blue so I was a bit mindful that it could look a tad tacky. But I found that this was not the case and that the colour of theis was bold and solid. The colour is ever so slightly lighter than the one that is seen in the bottle but lovely nonetheless. As for the texture, it is quite fantastic. It is a good combination between thickness without being too much so. With regards to the smell, it isn't overly strong but you can smell that distinct nail polish aroma.

How long does it take to dry? 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish takes an average amount of time to dry, not too quickly but not an age either. Approximately 40 minutes to an hour sees me apply to coats and feel safe to carry on as normal without being scared of smudging the polish.

Does it only need one coat? It looks ok when you have only applied one coat, but in my opinion, it looks a great deal better if you take the time to add a second coat. The coverage that you get from one coat is sufficient but two coats is allows the colour to be brighter and bolder. Make sure when applying the second coat that the first one is dry or dry enough because otherwise you may find a few bubbles pop up and this really doesn't look good.

Is the nail varnish long-lasting? It is actually pretty good which I wasn't expecting. On my fingernails, the nail polish actually lasts the 5 days that it states it will. And even better, it lasted for about 2 weeks on my toes without any chips. This I was very impressed with indeed.

How long does the bottle last? I have had 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish for about 4 or 5 months and used it a few times, although not too many as it isn't a colour that goes with everything. How much is remaining? I would estimate over three quarters of the bottle is still left and what is great is that the longevity of the polish is so good that it doesn't have to be reapplied constantly.

Range of colours: There are a range of 12 colours in the 17 Lasting Fix collection. These range from blue to pink, clear to green. There are quite a few unique colours and one of two of them took my fancy. I opted for the bright green as I wanted a colour like this to go with a dress that I had recently bought.

Does 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish give glamour that lasts for 5 days, chip resistant? It most certainly does. This nail polish looks glamorous and attractive when applied to both your fingernails and toenails. And it lasts for a minimum of 5 days without chips showing which is excellent, especially when you take into account the low cost of this product.

Is it easy to remove? 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish is fairly easy to remove, possibly due to the fact that I have applied a base coat initially. It does take a little bit of vigorous wiping when you use darker colours but when done thoroughly, you won't find horrible stains left on your nails.

*Would I Recommend This Product?*

If you are looking for a simple nail polish that lasts for a few days without reapplication that retails at a fairly low price then I would definitely recommend 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish. It has a great colour and good range of colours to buy in the collection. Buy it and I don't think you will regret the purchase.

*Overall*

17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish is a low priced product which is actually surprisingly good. I had low expectations after having a poor experience with the 17 High Gloss Nail Polish but this 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish really is a totally different quality. It has a long lasting finish which looks fantastic therefore if you want this in a nail polish then this one may well be for you. For me, you get a lot more than what you pay for with this product and I would definitely consider buying different colours in this range.

• Panadol Extra Soluble / Pain Relief / 67 Readings / 65 Ratings
                                16.11.2010 10:59

Advantages

Disadvantages

Effective way to get rid of your sore throat

*Introduction*

I bought Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets following a recommendation from a colleague when I had a very bad sore throat a few weeks ago. A trip to Tesco found me buying this product and I can definitely pass on this recommendation to others following a positive experience.

*What Are They?*

Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets based on a combination of Paracetamol and Caffeine provide effective pain relief and also to help to reduce temperature. Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets claim to be extra effective pain relief that are fast acting and easy on the stomach. They are manufactured and packed by GlaxoSmithKline.

*What Are They For?*

These soluble tablets can be used for the following:
                                - headaches, migraines and toothaches
                                - sore throat
                                - feverishness and neuralgia
                                - to help reduce temperature and for aches and pains of colds and flu
                                - backache and rheumatic pain
                                - period pain

*How Do They Work?*

Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets contains paracetamol which is an analgesic (pain killer) and antipyretic (helps to reduce body temperature when you have a fever). It also contains caffeine which acts to further help the effectiveness of paracetamol.

*Directions*

To take these tablets, they must be dissolved before use. Take 2 tablets and drop them into a full glass of water. This usually takes about one minute to dissolve and it is then ready for you to drink down. This is no easy feat. I will be brutally honest in saying that the taste of this makes it very difficult to swallow. I gag with every mouthful that I take of this but it works and makes you feel 100 times better once taken. For the best effects, gargle before swallowing. That is my top tip anyway.

*Frequency of Use*

These are to be taken every four hours. Ensure that you do not take this more frequently than every four hours and no more than 8 tablets may be consumed per day.

*Who Can't Use the Tablets?*

There are various people that Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets are not to be taken by. These are:
                                - Children under the age of 12
                                - if you are sensitive to paracetamol, caffeine, or to any of the other ingredients
                                - Sufferers of severe liver or kidney problems
                                - If you are taking metoclopramide or domperidone - used to treat nausea and vomiting
                                - If you are taking cholestyramine - used to treat high cholesterol.

Ensure that you do not take Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets with any other paracetamol-containing products. Also avoid drinking too much coffee or tea when taking these tablets. Also, seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.

If you overdose, immediate medical advice should be sought after.

*Side Effects*

Generally most people taking Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets find they don't suffer from side effects however occasionally people may suffer allergic reactions, for example skin rash.

If you get any of these side effects, stop taking the tablets and if you are worried inform your doctor. I personally haven't suffered from any side effects when taking this product.

*The Packaging*

Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets are packaged in a red coloured box with the title of the product clearly stated on five of the six sides. On the front of this box is a picture of the tablets dissolving and on the back of the carton are instructions on how to take these tablets and what for. Inside the box is a leaflet which contains all of the details about the product that you should know about.

In one box of Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets, you get a total of 24 tablets and inside the box are packs of two tablets in foil with a perforated edge separating them. They are easy to open and I like the packaging a lot. These are the perfectly small size to have in the side pocket of your handbag to carry around or even have in an inner jacket pocket.

*The Contents*

In the box you get 12 separate packs of two tablets. Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets are film coated, round tablets with the name on one side of the tablet and the other a bevel edge. When you drop these into a glass of cold water they fizzle and dissolve fairly quickly to make the water look a little cloudy. If the tablet doesn't fully dissolve, swirl the glass around and that should work.

So what does it taste like? Unpleasant. I'm not going to lie and say it was fine because I really disliked the medicinal taste but I held my noise, gargled and swallowed as quickly as I could. And then followed this up by have a glass of orange squash to take the lingering taste away.

*How Much Are They? And Where Can You Buy Them?*

Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets are priced at £3.99 for 24 tablets. I think that this is a really reasonable price and as the product works so quickly you should only need to buy two boxes before you are cured.

These tablets are pretty easy to find. They are sold in a muber of shops from supermarkets like Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys to stores like Boots, Superdrug and Wilkinsons. And if you can't find them in there, your local chemist is bound to stock them. And if you prefer to buy them via the internet you can visit www.Boots.com and have them delivered to your house.

*Do They Work and Would I Recommend Them?*

Well this is the most significant piece of information in my review and it is a resounding yes. I bought Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets to get rid of the sore throat that I was suffering from and they fulfilled this task well. The first time that you use these tablets is probably the most effective. Almost all of the pain of your sore throat has gone away although it does return about 4 hours later which is when you are to take the next dose. I find that they have effectively cured you after using them for about 4-5 days.

If you are suffering with a sore throat then I would without doubt recommend Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets. They work quickly and effectively to make you feel like your throat feel more normal and less like it is being cut with a knife.

*Overall*

Panadol Extra Soluble Tablets may not be nice to take but they certainly work. They provide you with instant relief for your sore throat although you may not enjoy how you come about this relief. Add to this the fact that they are great value for money and perfect for travel, I couldn't rate them any higher... unless they find a way to disguise the disgusting flavour of course.

10.11.2010 09:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great eye pencil that is effective at a low price

*Introduction*

No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil is a product that I decided to buy with my £5 off No 7 voucher. In the past year I seem to have acquired a lot of different eye liners, be in liquid, gel or pencil versions but I figured with this one, what is the harm in one more. This, plus the fact that I would only have to contribute £2.50 to have it. Who said you can't get something for almost nothing?

*About the Product*

No7 Metallic Eye Pencils, if you're not sure about sparkly eyes, go for bright jewel-like colour instead. It's an easy way to get a party look in an instant! No7 Metallic Eye Pencils have a creamy super-soft formula and come in five gorgeous shades. Easy to apply, a quick and fun solution to party eye make-up, simply apply the pencil along the lash line as close to the lashes as possible (pull on the brow and eyelid to make this easier).

*Application*

Before applying this eye pencil, you should ensure that it is not blunt. This is very important because any time that I have tried to apply this eye pencil when it has been blunt, it has ended in misery and me removing my makeup and starting from the beginning.

Now for the actual application. My tips for applying this product are to firstly close your eyelid and then pull the eyelid outward. Then line away. I find it easiest to begin lining at inside of my eyelid and follow to the outer eyelid and I try (although usually not particularly successfully) to keep the liner as close to the eyelashes as possible. And if you want your eyes to have that sultry and smoky look, then I find that if you just smudge gently and smoke out the liner, this pencil is effective at creating it.

*Price and Availability*

No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil is not widely available to buy for the simple reason that the No 7 brand is sold exclusively by Boots. If you prefer to shop online, don't have a Boots store close to you or you just can't get to one then you can also buy online at www.Boots.com.

You can buy this eye liner for £7.50. Or you can be clever like me and buy it for just £2.50 of your own money. Now that is what I call excellent value for money. Even at its full price, No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil retails at a fair cost for its quality, longevity and brand name.

*My Opinion*

The Packaging: No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil does not come in lots of unnecessary packaging, just in its pencil form, as you would expect from the products name. It is a matt black lacquered wooden pencil which is approximately 16cm in length. It has a lid which sits on top to prevent the pencil point at the top which is the colour of your pencil. Also, at the bottom of the pencil is a small ring which has the colour of the pencil, and in my case this is purple.

I am quite a fan of the dark packaging as it is has a bit of a mysterious look about it. The pencil is nice and compact and also slim, so that it can sit nicely in a small make up bag for when you are on the go, unlike the gel eye liners that you have to have a brush handy for also.

Colour and texture: The colour of the eye liner is deep and quite bold so for those of you that like a subtle eye liner, then I am afraid that this is not the product for you. The colour of this eye pencil is so strong that it actually lasts throughout most of the day with almost perfect hold. Very impressive considering its low price. With these colours, there is slight metallic shimmer which I think works particularly well with the purple colour that I have. And it works excellently with my purple Chanel eye shadows so I'm a happy person with this purchase. Perhaps get the No 7 assistant to try this eye pencil on you before you buy it to see what you think.

As for the texture, well it is surprisingly soft and creamy which means that it is easy and comfortable to use. It has a real smooth and velvety consistency which makes the pencil very easy to apply and it is gentle also. It is sometimes not as precise as you would like if you don't sharpen the pencil before use, but when it is, the results are almost as perfect as the most expensive eye pencils.

Range of colours: No 7 offer six different shades ranging which are black, green, turquoise, blue, gold and purple. It is a fantastic range of quirky colours and in the collection, I'm sure you'll find a colour that you'll love. For me, it's the purple! J'adore!

Staying power: No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil has rather good staying power. It lasts on my eyelid for almost 4-5 hours without having to reapply which for its low price, I think is quite brilliant. And this is probably better for most people as I am forever being told off for rubbing away at my eyes. I can't help that this is a bad habit of mine. Apparently I will have bags under my eyes because of this.

Longevity of the product: Now this is probably one of the products weaker points. This eye pencil liner lasts a average time but not as long as most due to its very creamy texture which means that I am often re-sharpening the pencil which probably is also wasting more of the product that I would like. I have had this eye pencil approximately 3 months and have used it on a fairly regular basis although sometimes opted for my gel liner and it now has about a quarter of the pencil left, perhaps a little less.

Ease of use: No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil is extremely simple to use. This pencil has a very soft and creamy texture which means you are forever having to sharpen the pencil but it also means that you don't need to pull hard at eye area to smooth out your eye lid or press hard when lining with the pencil. You won't come away having sore eyes after using this pencil, that is for sure. Simply glide the pencil along your eyelid with ease.

Is it an easy way to get a party look in an instant? It most definitely is. The highly pigmented eye pencil has a metallic tint which instantly gives you that extra bit of sparkle to your eyes. And with the purple colour specifically, you can be wearing lots of eye shadow or none and this eye pencil will add something very special to your eyes. It is the perfect product to have stashed away in your make up bag so that if you unexpected decide to go out after work, you can add something to your appearance with very little effort.

Does No7 Metallic Eye Pencils have a creamy super-soft formula? Yes it does which means that it is perfect for people who have sensitive eyes and do not wish to use a pencil that you will need to press hard against your eyelids.

Is it easy to apply and a quick and fun solution to party eye make-up? It is very easy to apply to your eyes to get party make up but what I love just as much is how easy it is to remove at the end of the night. You just need to put some eye makeup remover onto a cotton pad, sweep it over your eye and it will be removed with ease. No rubbing vigorously at your eye area is required!

*Would I Recommend This Product?*

No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil is a superb product that retails at such a fair price. If you are looking for a highly pigmented eye pencil whose bold colour is long-lasting throughout the day or night, then I would certainly recommend this one. And also if you wish to find one which you don't need to press hard to your eyelid. Should you want an eye pencil that can give an effective classic or sultry eyed look then I think that this might be the one for you. Especially if you don't want to pay the high costs for designer brands. I particularly recommend it if you are looking for an eye pencil specifically for evening wear as its metallic tint is perfect for that special something that you are looking for.

*Overall*

On the whole, No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil is certainly one that is effective and at a reasonably good price therefore I would have to say that I am pleased with my purchase. The No 7 brand has yet again proven that despite its not so popular name, it is still one of the best for fair-priced make up. This product is high in quality, has a superb range of colours and is very easy to apply. It is an excellent product which lasts a long time on your eyes however doesn't last so long in sharpness of the point. I personally think that No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil is more for night use than day but I am one of these people that eye liner has an instant impact on due to my small eyes but for others it will be perfect for use during the day and night.