leighsady

• Comments

Member since: 29.04.2008

07.12.2013 17:10

Advantages

Disadvantages

Worth a try if nothing else works...

I have spent so much money and have tried so many different hand creams - and they never really work...

Well, not as well as I need them too... I suffer from dry, sensitive and wrinkly old hands - and many of the creams that I try, they're either too greasy, oily, wash off after one wash, or just don't do anything for my hands.

I was quite lucky to be given a sample of this one year and I was very impressed.

My hands were instantly relieved of dryness and it remained fairly moisturised after washing. They immediately looked less wrinkly and didn't leave my skin feeling greasy.

The cream absorbs into the skin very quickly and doesn't seem to leave any residue - this is very surprising as it is very thick cream. You actually only need a very little amount which is just as well as the cream is quite expensive. It costs £14 for their standard 75ml tube, but only £19 for their large 150ml tube.

The cream contains a blend of avocado, eucalyptus and sesame seed oil, as well as a natural wax derived from olive oil. It claims to form a 'glove-like protection barrier against moisture loss and also helps to absorb moisture from the air. This I'm unsure about as I feel it just does what a good hand cream should do - relieve dryness and moisturise etc. For this price, I do actually expect it to be even better and not just be a standard hand cream, although it is one of the better ones on the market.

The cream is designed fro hands that undergo severe dryness, extreme manual labour, heavy industrial work and exposure to harsh elements. Although I use my hands a lot, my hands don't actually go through all that and the results are just about ok for me...my mum does loads of washing up and she says that the cream is just like any other hand cream, so....

The cream is definitely worth a try, but a little over priced.

• Tesco's Dry Roasted Peanuts / Snacks / 56 Readings / 55 Ratings
      21.11.2011 20:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good budget food.

Tesco's Dry Roasted peanuts.

What are they?
      ************
      These are a pack of dry roasted peanuts with spiced seasoning, a combination of salt, nion powder, cinnamon and paprika.

Jumbo sized?
      **********
      Well not exactly really big nuts (it depends the size you're expecting - the size of a thumb?!) but relatively bigger than your usual ones - they are about 15mm x 8mm x 8mm, although you can get the odd few which are over 2cm long!

Do they taste good?
      ****************
      They taste okay, not brilliant, not very spicy disappointingly but very dry to the taste, I usually need some water on hand when I have these. There isn't really much flavour to them although the peanuts themselves appear to have a lot of powdering seasoning coated on them, they just don't quite match up to the expectation. Most of the nuts will be opened in halves, but are still very firm and crunchy in texture, and a bit on the bland side I think, but they make a good source of energy during cold emergency situations....after a handful and I already feel quite full and con't really want to eat anymore - in way, it's also a good source of budget food. One bag of these would last me a good week or two.

Cost?
      *****
      This is probably the best thing about them, and the main influential factor that made me buy them - they are very cheap - 60p for a 100g pack and you get a lot, and I mean a good decent sized bag of peanuts for it. Very good value for money, but just a bit bland in taste and flavour.

Not only are they good for the budget, they are also a good source of fibre, low in salt, saturated fat, sugar and calories too! Brilliant!

• Google Chrome / Communication / 62 Readings / 61 Ratings
        10.11.2011 20:19

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fab.

Google Chrome

This is a very good quick processing browser. I had previously been using Internet Explorer as I thought it was safer and more secure, but it was becoming very slow - even with the most up to date versions it was still taking a long time to download things or wait for items to fully appear. - Partly, this was because of my old computer - I have only 1GB RAM, apparently this is very little memory, I tried adding components and increased the RAM but still it was being slow.

I kept putting off using Google Chrome as I worried about it not being so secure with sensitive information, so for a long time I didn't use online banking with it. The browser saves almost everything - all the usernames you use, all the information you have filled out previously, so if you're a frequent visitor of a particular website, all you need to do is click and choose from the saved drop down data and you're away clicking. The browser loads information pretty fast, and it feels fantastic, I've been working so much quicker.

You can open up extra tabs and the speed is almost as quick, however, if you over do it - like , open up 20 tabs at a time, obviously, it's not going to be as efficient!

It's very easy to install, just search on Google and you will be diverted to its specific website - it doesn't really take up much space on the computer either.

The only downside I can think off is the downloading process. It likes to allocate the download underneath the screen, so if you don't keep an eye on it, it's easy to forget that you have a file downloading, or if you didn't watch out for it initially you won't know where to find the link to open the document.

I use the Google Chrome browser 99% of the time now and I hardly use any other browser now. And, I finally went through on-line banking with it as well - thank goodness it doesn't seem to save any of your details and fingers crossed, everything is save and secure so far...however, this was only because my bank uses several different techniques to make it safe, so een if my computer was stolen there is still a back-up for this. So please do still be careful with Google Chrome if you're going to be using viewing or using sensitive information with the browser...

21.05.2011 13:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good one to try.

Boots Botanics Purifying Facial Scrub

*What is it?*

This is a facial scrub in the Boots Botanics range, it is a purifying facial scrub suitable for normal and oily skins. It contains Quillaja which helps to draw out impurities to reveal the brighter radiant complexion, although on the label it just states Quillaja Cleansing which I mistakenly thought it was some sort method of cleansing.

Quillaja is actually an some type of soap bar tree, the correct term is actually 'Quillaja saponaria' which means the soap bar tree. It is a type of evergreen tree found in the warm temperatures of central Chile. The inner bark of this type of tree can be used as a substitute for soap as a lathers well with water and is normally used as an additive in photographic films and foaming in drinks.

The saponin has also been used in various medicinal uses so I think this is the reason it is used here. The facial scrub claims to contain naturally exfoliating extracts to effectively draw out deep-rooted impurities without over drying the skin and helps to leave it clearer softer brighter.

* Does it work?*

Although I think it's fantastic facial scrub, I always have my reservations when the label states 'may' help from tone skin naturally and thoroughly. It really annoys me when companies make all these wonderful claims and then sneak the word 'may'into it. It's a bit like when they promote their sales '90% off'in big bold letters and then somewhere in the corner, then in the smallest font size possible it says'Up to'.

But to be fair, after using this I do feel that my skin looks brighter and clearer. Although I wouldn't say it gave thoroughly deep clean. This is good for as a general scrub, to be used twice a week, but if I need a really deep clean I usually use another much more effective facial mask.

I would only recommend using this only twice a week, and to use only a little bit each time because the granules are quite coarse and large. I find myself having to be very careful when I scrub my face because of the size of the granules so do you really need to be consciously gentle when using this on your face, particularly those people who have very delicate sensitive skin.

The scrub rinses out very well, no sticky residue and the granules generally wash away very well too. I use another facial scrub which is excellent for a deep clean but is a hassle to rinse out.

*The smell*

This facial scrub smells quite nice actually, although I still can't work out what is was so I think knowing that this contains extracts from the soap bark tree the scent is probably derived from this. The senses generally quite mild, very soothing surprisingly and would probably say I like the scent more than the scrub itself.

*The cost*

The facial scrub comes in a 75 ml tube and costs just over £4, I'm not too keen on this as I think this is a little expensive despite it being such a nice scrub. It used to cost only around £2 which I think is much better value, I was very hesitant about getting this for £4 but luckily the Botanics range was promotional offer so managed to get this free after buying two other products from the range!

*Overall*

A very nice effective facial scrub, you need to be gentle when using it, and a little expensive right now although definitely one to get when the promotional offers are going.

16.05.2011 21:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Worth a try.

Pantene Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Leave In Hair Conditioner

What is it?

This is a leave - in conditioner, designed to be used to give hair silky smooth feel. It claims to contain Cassia activated compound with avocado, bamboo and grape seed extract.

What I think?

This is actually pretty effective. I have only had to use it once for it to give results. Although, the longer you leave it in your hair the better the results - however after the first couple of times of using it I did find that more of my hair was falling outs than usual when I washed it out, although I'm not sure if it was just me at that time because I have not noticed much of this nowadays.

Hair is usually feeling thicker and looks shinier after using this. I find it works best on damp hair, leaving it in a few hours and then washing it out - that is when you see the real result.

The condition and comes in a pump bottle which is very convenient to use and I find one pump of cream is plenty and I have thick long hair. The cream itself is quite thick and when you first apply to the hair it is not immediately absorbed. It probably does take about 10 min before it disappears into the hair.

The smell is probably very similar to other hair gels and creams, it does seem as if you come out of the salon after using it and at times I to find the aroma too strong. Parts besides this it is a very good effective hair conditioner.

This used to cost about three pounds and recently it seems to have been reduced down to about a pound. This is because I have noticed it being stopped in production, the Dane seemed to sell this any more and I only just found a few bottles of this at Sainsbury's being reduced the clearance, so this is why I am guessing that they have stopped making it or else have stopped the current batch for a while and perhaps will be making a new batch with new packaging? I really hope this is still available on the market because it is very good and probably one of the best and easiest ones to use, I would still be prepared to pay three pounds for it.

Really worth a try if you ever manage to buy it.

13.05.2011 17:10

Advantages

Disadvantages

Try it!

Garnier Fresh Essentials Eye Make-Up Remover

*What is it?*
          This is a eye make-up remover in Garnier's Fresh Essentials Grape Water range, it claims to gently remove all make up even waterproof. The formula has been enriched with grape water to help soothe and calm the delicate eye area.

*What Do I Think?*

I absolutely love this. Although I don't use mascara this lotion is still very effective at removing other make up around the eyes as much as eyeshadow, concealer, eyeliner and powder. I have not had any problems such as irritation or steam around the eyes think this, in fact my eyes feel more comforted and soothed after using this. This is very good for contact lens wearers and those who have sensitive eyes, and with the added benefit of a very refreshed feeling on the eyes and skin - a very good lotion to use in the morning to wake you up!

This lotion feels so good on the skin that I often use it all over my face. It is a very light clean solution leaving no residue greasy feel. The lotion does not contain any alcohol and does not dry out skin stop if anything, it seems to help the skin retain moisture. When applying this onto the skin, it feels as if you are drenching skin so it is a very good hydrating lotion. This

*The smell*

This also smells lovely, it is a very natural and authentic sweet grape aroma from this and it is very tempting to sit there with the possible and keep sniffing it! The scent is quite mild so even though it has a fabulous aroma you would not be too distracted when using it.

*The cost*
          Originally, I bought it because it was new on the market and on promotion at just over £1 per 150 bottle. For what it is and what it does, this is very good value and it would be tempting to stock up on several bottles of this. Unfortunately now that the promotion is finished this costs £3. This, I think, is too much, leaving it is not very good value for just a small bottle of eye make-up remover. However, because it is so good, I would still probably choose to buy this.

*Overall*

This is definitely one of the best eye make-up remover is I've come across, it is now one of my favourites. Not only does it remove eye make up effectively, but gives more to the skin to make it look and feel better. It makes you feel as if you are really cleaning your face with pure grape water. Definitely one to try.

30.04.2011 19:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

Quite nice.

Garnier Fresh Essentials Complete Cleansing Milk

*What is it?*

This is a cleansing lotion in the Garnier Fresh Essentials Range, it cleanses and removes make up. This facial lotion is suitable for normal combination skin and take claims to give an easy, non- greasy but effective make up removal that leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh. The cleansing milk is also effective enough to remove even long-lasting face and I make up in just one step.

*Is it good?*

The lotion is supposed to be a light formula, however, as cleansing milks go, I feel this lotion is a little heavy and is a bit thicker than it should be. The lotion is very effective at removing make up, this goes for both face and eye make up, and this is very easy to remove using cotton wool pads. Once removed with cotton, there is very little greasy or oiliness left on the skin, however there is still a slight residue which is expected, and of course this is easily removed by using toner.

Although the lotion states that it can remove eye make up as well, I do with be very careful when using this near the eye area. I have tried to use this around my eyes, and I have experienced some stinging around the eyes, so although it is very good on the skin, it is not is a good idea to get any of this into the eyes as irritation occurs. If any of the lotion does get into the eyes, it is best to keep rinsing with water until you are sure that the lotion has been washed away. And I would say keep the lotion away from the eyes as possible and it is so much better to use their eye make-up remover instead which is in the same range, this has been tested for use around the eye area and issues also suitable for sensitive eyes. I use this myself and it is so much better and safer to use this around the eyes and so the cleansing milk.

This is a good effective cleansing milk, although I would not say it has such a refreshing effect as expected, as a milk lotion it is bound to leave some slight greasy feel although this particular lotion is already pretty good at this preventing this to a minimum.

*The smell*

The cleansing lotion states great water, although I don't really smell any of this. The lotion is essentially a cleansing milk, and is the sense reflects this. I still can't really make out what the exact aroma is, although it is very soothing and warm, almost like oatmeal - essentially it has a pleasant scent.

*The cost*
          The lotion comes in a large 200 ml bottle costing around £3, this is okay by this I feel it could still be cheaper to give better value for money.

*Overall*

Generally, this is a good effective cleansing milk, which could do with being lighter in consistency. I like the fact that it is leaves minimal grease and residue on the face after application, however I would avoid using this around the eye area although it's claims to be suitable for both face and eyes. It is not particularly special, probably not the best product, it does not give as refreshing a result as the other products in the same range but in itself it is still a good cleanser.

©eighsa 2011

25.04.2011 21:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

Prefer the good old Jaffa Cake itself.

McVities Jaffa Cakes, Cake Bars

*What are they?*

The use are very similar to Jaffa cakes, that's only shaped into a cake bar. Essentially they are the same as Jaffa cakes, but probably providing a bigger portion! They still consist of a light sponge portion with orange cream centre covered with dark chocolate.

*What Do I Think?*

Well, I've always been a fan of Jaffa Cakes, so I am definitely going to like these! The bars are individually wrapped, so are very handy for lunch boxes and for carrying around in your handbag. The taste seems to be relatively the same, but what is notably different is perhaps the texture of the Jaffa cake. The cake bar is probably lighter and softer in texture and the bar is highly likely to get squashed easier and less you keep it in a lunchbox!

Personally, I would probably prefer the original Jaffa cake. Simply based on the texture of the cake itself - the original Jaffa cake has, if you can say this, a better bite to it. The cake bar feels so much softer and its it is possible to finish the bar in the two mouthfuls and does not leave much time for one to savour it as it disappears too quickly.

I actually feel that the cake bar tastes sweeter than the original Jaffa cake although I don't have any statistics to compare the amount of sugar in each portion right now.

The cake bars still contains milk, egg, soya, gluten and sulphites, Sue which is probably not be suitable for people who have allergies to these elements. The good news is, it contains no hydrogenated vegetable oil, and appears to be relatively low in fat but each cake bar, despite being quite small contains a lot of sugar - 11.4 g per small cake bar which is very high and definitely not suitable for diabetics.

*The cost*

The pack contains five bars, and it costs around £1, this is okay I think, but much the better value when it's on a 'buy one get one free' offer - I would probably only ever gets these occasionally if they are on offer but I would usually avoid these simply because all the sheer high sugar content.

*Overall*

A novel concept from the Jaffa cake, very handy and convenience for lunch boxes. There is too much sugar in these and at the end of the day I do actually prefer the original Jaffa cake!

©leighsa 2011.

25.04.2011 09:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

Overall, a good rich cream for the winter.

Boots Botanic Face Sensitive Skin Calming Cream

I actually only went into Boots for the Botanics Facial Scrub which don't think I've reviewed yet, I notice that the price had gone up so much (£4!) I didn't really want to get it. I was really hesitant about getting it but they were doing a promotion of a Three for Two offer so I ended up choosing the facial scrub, eye cream and this face cream!

Anyway, back to the facial cream.

* What is it?*

This facial cream is in their sensitive range and is the skin calming cream which contains marshmallow which helps soothing calm and murdered apparently the cream is suppose help reduce skin reactivity which will help it looking healthy and radiant. It is particularly designed for delicate sensitive skin a contains marshmallow which is rich in natural sugars to help soothe hydrate and protect skin and is also do contain certain SPF 15 sunscreen.

*The packaging*

The cream comes in a 50 ml colourless frosted glass jar with a silver lined metal lid. Packaged in a light pastel green and white box with floral leaf patterns printed on it, it does somehow resemble something bought from Laura Ashley.

*The cream itself*

Opening the lid, the cream looks like yoghurt in appearance, almost snow white and just looking at it the consistency already looks quite thick. I would say little goes a long way with this cream, after applying, my face already looks quite greasy. I have also tried using less, they need just a little dab - but still I get a shiny sheen on my face that lasts through the day if I don't apply make-up. I am not sure if it's just the scene which is making a difference, but I do notice that my skin seems to look more brighter and radiant.

However after applying make up, particularly powder, the radiance seems to disappear -the effects of the cream doesn't seem to show through the make-up. However, at the end of the day, I noticed that my skin looks better in comparison to other days when my skin looks pretty tired and oily at the end of the day. So you would like to think that this cream is still working its way through the day. Apparently, the cream is supposed to reduce skin sensitivity, so this may be why my skin looks better at the end of the day because it has not reacted to stresses and pollutants encountered during the day.

*The Smell*

it's such a shame, because although this cream is quite good, the smell is pretty bad. Okay, maybe not as terrible as it sounds, but is I just feel about the smell could be improved or changed. Nice posh creams are not supposed to smell like this, no matter how good and effective it is, do something about it! The smell, is quite difficult to describe, all I can say is it is not a pleasant smell or aroma - the closest I can probably say is, it is almost similar to stale yoghurt - it does play on your mind the first few hours, but after a couple of days of application I can just about tolerated, but please try to make the cream smell nicer!

*Cost*

The cream costs just over £6, which I think is not bad, for such cream for what it does think it's pretty good value and very reasonable. Boots were doing a special promotion of three-for-two, which makes it even better value for money plus you can get points from it! That's 24 p back in your pocket!

*Overall*

Overall, I've quite like this cream, although it does takes time to get used to as it is quite a rich cream, probably very good to the winter months but this you may need to experiment with the amount to be used over the coming months, but I think it would still be good to use as some form of protection against sun. I may be tempted to buy it again, but because of the smell little difficult to say right now!

23.04.2011 11:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

Why are they still using alcohol on sensitive skins?!

Johnson & Johnson - 'Deep Cleansing Lotion for Sensitive Skin'

I was pretty annoyed when Boots stopped their range of facial cleansing lotion, well, actually they didn't stop producing it, they just changed the formula. Ironically, they changed the formula so that it would suit better for sensitive skins but when I tried the new formula it was very drying and it turns out to contain alcohol whereas it hadn't before. But anyway had to go shopping for another one and finally found this by Johnson & Johnson cleansing lotion for sensitive skins.

*What does it do?*

It claims to have an oil fighting formula to clean effectively and help to prevent spots and on the back of the bottle it actually says cleanses your skin gently but effectively to remove everyday buildup of oil dirt and grease. It is totally effective as a single step cleanser to clean thoroughly and help prevent spots and can also be used to refresh, tone and prevent spots after washing. I think I was drawn to this because it was a similar colour to the Boots one that I was using - a light bluey to watery solution.

*Does it work?*

Upon application, it feels very refreshing and it does actually feel as if it's doing its job but what I found is after a couple of minutes the skin on my face goes slightly red so I think I'm actually quite sensitive to this. I'm really not sure why it's saying suitable sensitive skin because it's made my skin react, and my skin isn't meant to be that sensitive and I was finding it quite drying so I tend to usually need a moisturiser after using this.

Besides having this slight redness and reaction to this, my skin looks cleaner and clear - I seem to be getting less blackheads from using it as well. Looking at the formula on the bottle, it does actually contain alcohol. It is also listed as the second ingredient, so it contains a fair amount of alcohol which I am not too happy about - especially when it claims to be designed for sensitive skin. It also contains salicylic acid and eucalyptus leaf oil and which is probably what I've been feeling of this fresh refreshing feeling.

*Any smells?*

It smells quite clinical reminds of going to the dentist but the scent is quite mild and pleasant. I think they tried to re-design the packaging recently but I much prefer the previous design as it seemed more sophisticated rather than the basic design it has now which resembles a supermarket own brand. But what really matters is the solution itself in the bottle.

* The packaging*

The solution comes in a 200ml flip clear bottle - by the way, many of the times I have found it quite difficult flip open the cap, could someone check this please?

Another thing, I noticed from the bottle is that it says is made in Italy, has a French address and has English on the label - followed by a some other language which that looks like Arabic or something similar and amongst the literature it states SPF 15 but nowhere in the English is there any reference to this SPF 15...?

On the whole this is still an effective cleansing lotion although I still have my reservations about it being used in sensitive skin and because of the reactions I've been getting., skin going red isn't particularly good news. The lotion costs about three pounds and is available from shops such as Boots and Superdrug.

• Oral B Super Floss / Oral Care / 36 Readings / 36 Ratings
            22.04.2011 17:43

Advantages

Disadvantages

May be more useful for braces and bridges.

Oral B Super Floss

*What is it?

This is a special type of floss which is designed especially for people who are wearing braces bridges and have wide spaces in between their teeth. The floss comes with different segments if I can call it that, the floss has different parts to it - it has a stiff part of the floss which can be used to clean under appliances, a fairy spongy part to clean around appliances and in wide spaces, and also a regular part of the floss to help remove plaque under the gum line.

*What do I think?

I am not sure about what's it means when it has three parts to the floss, on the packets there is actually a description of the three different parts of the floss, but when I actually am holding the floss and looking at it - it seems to only have two parts to it, the stiff part and the spongy floss part.

I actually bought this because of some wide spaces at the back of my teeth. I don't like using the inter-dental brushes as most of them in the range are too big. And thinking of the spongy parts that this floss has, I thought this would be brilliant for my wide spaces. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. The floss comes in 50 pre-cut strands, each strand being about 30 CM long. The spongy parts only accounts for a small half of the string of floss. It is actually very difficult to use and manipulate this on the back of the teeth, and very hard to get out of the gaps I am not sure if this is just because my 'wide'spaces are just not wide enough. As with the stiff part of the floss which accounts for both ends of the floss string, probably about 60- 70% of the floss, looks very narrow but is in actual fact much thicker than the spongy part itself. I haven't been able to use any of it with my teeth, so really it's more than half a pack wasted.

I don't have any braces or bridges so, it's really difficult to say how well this cleans with them, but I think you would definitely need to have very wide spaces before this 'super' floss would be of any proper use.

This packet of floss costs about £3.49, but this was a good few years ago so I think this is probably more expensive now. The pack includes 50 pre-cut strands and I don't think there is anything else similar on the market, and in itself it is probably pretty good value. But it's definitely not for people who just have wide spaces in their teeth.

The pack comes like a mini pack tissues, where whole bunch of them is bound tightly in the box. It would really help if the strands were separated to make it easier to get out of the box, as I found I needed to use several in each session and it was a little difficult to get out of the box with out trying to get the box itself dirty with toothpaste and wax etc!

Thanks for reading. xx

22.04.2011 17:24

Advantages

Disadvantages

Don't really like this...

Boots, No.7 - Lift and Luminate Day Cream

*What is it?

This is another premium quality facial Day cream by Boots. It is in this the cream that has been formulated to give your skin and instant brightening boost and healthy glow. Apparently, as time goes on using this day by day this helps to prevent the signs of ageing. This also contains an SPF 15 sunscreen and is also hypoallergenic.

*What do I think?

I'm not so sure about this cream. Upon applying, there is a significant shiny sheen on my skin and when this is on your face it doesn't look so good. It just looks as if you've applied too much cream and very greasy face! Looking in the mirror at close-up, I can actually see glittery shiny particles are actually make my skin look 'pretty', however when stepping away and looking properly at the overall effect, it is definitely the 'greasy-look' that you get this - which is such a pity because it looks like a very expensive good cream. This cream actually highlights the whole face, even the bad bits and in particular every line and wrinkle that you have. Although the shiny sheen is reduced when I applying make-up powder on top of it.

I don't think this cream is suitable for sensitive skin, as I notice some slight irritation on some areas of my skin especially on some parts that are usually more sensitive. I think it is the small glittery particles that is causing the itchiness. Besides the appearance and is the slight irritation, I generally find that the cream is a good moisturizer and it is light enough to use in summer.

The cream has Boots' No.7 signature scent, personally I find it a bit too strong and especially for a facial cream on the scent alone I would decide not to use it because I would be worried about the scent all day as it pretty apparent, and I would be worried about other people being able to smell it too, a little like wearing too much overbearing perfume.

The cream costs about £21 for a 50ml tube, which is about the same as its other creams in the range. Had it not been the shiny greasy appearance that produces and the smell I would definitely consider it if it was a good moisturiser. It is probably worth a try if you have dull dry skin, but I would definitely not recommended if you have oily combination for sensitive skin.

Thanks for reading.xx

15.04.2011 20:55

Advantages

Disadvantages

One of the best!

Simple Kind To Eyes Make Up Remover

What is it?

A gentle eye make-up remover that claims to be a perfect blend of active ingredients to effectively remove even waterproof mascara. It is as one vital vitamin, no oil, no perfume or colour.

What do I think?

I think this is quite a good product, I have not really had any problems with it. The liquid solution feels almost like plain distilled water but it is very effective at removing make up. I actually don't really use mascara much so have never tried to use it to remove mascara - but I do usually use it to remove all of the make up from my face, so I'll say it's pretty effective at removing make up. However, I would not be so sure on thick heavy waterproof mascara. It's not a good substitute for proper cleansing. You would still need a proper cleansing lotion to get a deeper clean. However I would say that this still as good as using make-up wipes to remove the surface grime and make-up of your face if you don't have much time all you, be bothered when getting back after a late night out.

There is no stickiness no greasiness and no residue left on the face after using this I would say this is a very straightforward product - simple and suffice and no more. In that, I say it doesn't have any moisturising properties as some other removers do but this is not particularly important. I would say this is a very comprehensive product in itself and is probably one of the best on the market and costs only about three pounds for a 250ml milk bottle which I think is very good value for what it does what it is. Definitely very good for sensitive skin, and is no problems around the eye area either - no soreness, stinging or irritation.

I notice that last year they had a revamp on the packaging and apparently they changed the formula slightly as well and I did actually noticed the change on my face. The product still works effectively, but for some reason the solution just doesn't feel as good as it did before after using. In that I mean, I used to be able to use this and my face would look more bright and more conditioned, but since the formula was changed I noticed that the solution only removed the make up and that was it - my skin didn't look better or conditioned as it did before.

The brand also does a travel sized bottle as well which costs around £1 and definitely worth a try to see if it suits you, but generally I can't imagine anyone having any problems with this. The only problem I have with it is that it gets used up too quickly!

Leighsa ©2011

• Mars Galaxy Bubbles / Snacks / 54 Readings / 52 Ratings
              19.03.2011 19:36

Advantages

Disadvantages

It's still chocolate at the end of the day...

********
              Another chocolate bar....

Special features?
              *************
              This is a bit strange, but it looks like Mars are trying to do another version of Aero but piggy backing off its own Galaxy chocolate. It's a very good idea but in practice I don't think it has worked as well as it should. Normally Galaxy chocolate is so good because of its velvety texture. But when you start blowing bubbles into it, the experience is a bit confusing. The velvety texture is really soft and smooth and when you start putting bubbles into it, the texture is still the same but probably less smooth and velvety, it almost feels like something is just melting...

With Aero, it's good because you can actually feel the texture of the bubbles when you bite into it and it's very nibbly, and it's all down to using a different quality texture chocolate, something a bit firmer and less likely to melt. Whereas with the galaxy chocolate it's not a very 'structurally' stable material - it's melts more easily and so for me, bubbled Galaxy chocolate doesn't really do anything spectacular for me.

The chocolate still tastes the same good quality as the usual Galaxy bars, only the texture is a bit strange, particularly when you're expecting some sort of marked difference with this special version, and you can't help but keep comparing it to an Aero. The price is a lot more than it should be as well. It costs about 58p, which is a bit ridiculous, since it's a much smaller bar, with less chocolate, and I might as well stick to the normal Galaxy bar or go for the Aero instead.

It's worth a try for the novelty of it, and afterall, it's still a good Galaxy chocolate bar, only smaller and more expensive.

©Leighsa 2010.

• 17 Trio Eye Shadows / Make Up / 63 Readings / 62 Ratings
                27.11.2010 15:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

Perfect for my eyes.

I just went the other day - I was feeling pretty frumpish and decided I needed to get myself vamped up and looking a bit more presentable; I ended up buying about 6 different sets of eye shadows fro Boots. Luckily they were on a promotional 3 for 2 offer.

The eye shadow sets were mostly of the No7 range - the trio sets with three different colours in one compact. This really appealed to be as I saw that almost all of the eye shadows were at least several pounds for just one shade, and with the trio sets the price seemed more reasonable, making it more better value per shade and also a bonus with the promotional offer taking place.

The shades are not just any random colour, they are very complimentary of each other and very accomplished in its own right - everything you need for your eye make-up is in this pack, apart fro the mascara of course.

The range comes on tones of blue, white/grey/black, browns, greens and pinks. They have the metallic versions in a coupe of the shades which are brilliant for special occasions. The tones are wonderful, very natural and subtle.

I find the powder applies well, and is very good with blending. I always end up looking as if I've applied too much, but this only shows how good the quality of the powder is and how well the colour goes with your face, and it is also perfectly flexible during blending and I have always felt that I am always in control with this make-up set. Fro this, I mean that there have been times when I have had only two minutes to spare for make-up, and I would of course quickly dab a dollop of this onto my lids and it is so quick to blend.

The eye shadow stays well during the day and I have never had to worry about it and I have never had to reapply during the day. It is also very easy to remove during cleansing, any mild eye-make remover will suffice.

The only down side to this compact set is that it doesn't come with an applicator, so I usually end up using cotton buds or fingers (!). However, despite this, the pot of 3 costs only £4.99 (although I've seen it on sale for £1.99 somewhere...!). It does seem a lot at first but when you think about buying three separate eye shadows and then being really confident enough to choose the shades that complement each other. With this compact, the colours have already been chosen for you and they definitely combine well together, plus it's all from a quality brand and it's definitely a quality product. Just saves so much hassle and time. Almost a bargain!

Thanks for reading xx :)