topsyturvy

topsyturvy
  • Comments

Member since: 26.03.2002

23.08.2014 11:28

Advantages

• "detangles with ease"

Disadvantages

• -

Teezing Out Tangles

The main concept to this is that if you suffer from hair that is tangled, this product will help you right away as it has taken the beauty world by storm being so popular and has really taken off. Now, it is not painful to use and detangles on both wet and dry hair and aims to make hair in a much healthier condition in time by detangling it and not leaving it looking as frizzy. I have thick hair but it can be tangled sometimes and brushes make it uncomfortable and painful taking them through tangles. This invention aims to stop all of this and the inventor Shaun P worked in a posh London salon before he came up with this idea, so he does know what he is talking about.

The reason this brush untangles hair is that it has teeth which are different lengths, this formation is specifically designed and spaced out to help detangle. It sounds quite simple really the idea, Tangle Teezer can also be used on hair extensions and weaves too so it is fine for everyone to use this tool. I tend to use mine in the shower a lot but it can be annoying as it takes in water and gets it damp and it takes a few days for it to properly dry out. The results are good both dry or wet but I find in the shower when hair is wet before shampooing this detangles with no pain and makes my hair feel great right away, it brushed through hair just like a normal brush.

I was shocked at how easy it was to use, it is so easy to hold and glide through hair, I always clean this after use as the odd hairs get caught in the teeth but it isn't any big problem. The teeth do not bend and they keep their shape which is great but I wouldn't recommend using it with heat styling products or it will melt and damage the Tangle Teezer. There are some tougher knots which can be slightly painful to detangle but it does get the knot out so it makes me happy that I get the results in the end. I have long hair so it brushes down with ease but it works best on knotted hair.

I would definitely recommend Tangle Teezer to anyone who has tangled hair, it is a good tool and it does work easily. My hair does feel a lot softer without the knots and it reduces hair breakage and splits and any type of damage making hair much softer to touch. It is for anyone with moreso longer hair for the best results.

You can buy these on the official Tangle Teezer website of Boots sell it at £10.99, Amazon sell it for £7 it just depends if there is a certain colour you want as some shops only stock a few colours.

21.08.2014 19:51

Advantages

• "good on skin"

Disadvantages

• -

Soft Gentle Skin

Huggies is obviously a well known brand and wipes are for everyone whether it be for makeup removal or to moisturise skin and just clean yourself quickly, they really are the easy alternative. This brand are sold in all stores and this particular pack of wipes seemed good value for money and after using them for a month I can say what I really thought.

The wipes themselves are aimed to provide gentle cleaning just like cotton wool and water, as it says on the packet. These wipes are approved by the British Skin Foundation and they are pH balanced, alcohol and perfume free and perfect for sensitive skin which is great for me as that is what I have. The wipes when taken out of the packet are really soft and lightly moist and they are very kind on my skin when I use these it just feels really soft which is nice for wipes and they really are gentle and not at all irritating to my skin.

The wipes have a smell which is not really strong, obviously they are perfume free so it smells to me just sort of like a cream it is very neutral smelling but I like that, just clean. The wipes leave my skin tingly with that sort of dampness but then the skin absorbs the dampness quickly and I feel that my skin feels really soft afterwards. I use these a lot for taking off my make up as they are kind on my face and they remove make up and dirt with ease.

I also use these wipes to just keep my skin moisturised and feel they do a great job. These wipes are a bit more pricier than others on the market but I find they last a good while and keep moist in the packet and they have good results. Having used these for a month, my skin has not come out in a rash or anything but has continued to keep smooth and clean which is great. I think to use these on a baby would be great as they are so soft.

I think these wipes are ideal for everyone whether it be mothers or just girls needing wipes to take off their make up. I haven't really got anything bad to say about these other than the fact that they are reliable and very good quality and are definitely worth buying. They are easily disposed off by just putting in the bin, I never tend to flush them down the toilet as they are like cotton. The packet should last you a good while unless using more frequently.

If you want to buy a packet of these, Tesco are selling a 64 pack for £1 or on special offer for buy 2 for £1.80 which is a good deal.

19.08.2014 21:14

Advantages

• "holds style well"

Disadvantages

• "not the best smell"

A Hold On My Hair

At first, this spray needs a shake before using it and then once it has been shaken, it is ready to go. I always push down the spray head at the top which doesn't require too much pressure on it and then it should spray out a good amount of spray. I think the smell is too soapy, I don't like it and feel it is quite overpowering so it is best to spray this in a well ventilated area. The smell does seem to linger all day in my hair once I spray it, which is ok but I prefer when it tones down on smell during the day.

When it comes to using this hairspray, I use it for everything whether it is styling my hair wavy and holding in the waves or an up do or even when my hair is down in a style, to ensure it stays in place. I don't like to go overboard when using this hairspray, so I always hold it quite far away from my hair so that it doesn't go hard and sticky. Once I spray it, I can feel it raining down on my hair to give a light hold on my hair and you can feel it lightly on the hair but not too much.

After having this on my hair for a few hours, it still seems to keep my hair in place which is why I keep using this one. It has a great hold on styles and no matter what style I have, it never falls out of place as this hairspray seems to have a good holding formula without being too heavy on hair. I find when brushing hair, I don't get too much residue coming from it which is good as some hairsprays go really horrible after using them and give a lot of residue which isn't nice for hair.

Overall, compared to other hairsprays this is definitely one of the better ones I have used in terms of holding power. It works well in keeping my hair in place all day whether it be my fringe I want to be kept in place or whether it is holding down stray or flyaway hairs this does the job. Like I have said before I am not keen on the smell but it isn't terrible and I can live with it as I like everything else about the spray which is why I keep buying this. If you want to keep hair in place and want a hairspray that works then this is for you.

If you want to get your hands on this Tresemme hairspray then you can buy a 250ml can at Tesco for £2.89 which isn't bad value. The 500ml is currently on offer for £2.25 instead of its usual £3.

17.08.2014 11:15

Advantages

• "good price"
      • "tastes good"

Disadvantages

• " without a dessert"
      • "not so great on its own"

Great With Desserts

So, the first things are about the cream, it is reduced fat dairy free cream and is of course an alternative to single cream. The tub states that it is a blend of water, vegetable oil and soya beans. They recommend this be poured over your pudding or used in cooking for sauces or soups, really I don't need to be told how to use single cream but I haven't ever used this for cooking purposes only for pouring over sweet desserts which for me is the right way to use this. This is produced in a nut free environment and is lactose free which is why I use it. The cream contains Non-GM soya beans and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

This cream should always be kept in the fridge but once it is opened it should be used within 5 days and cannot be frozen. Looking at the nutritional information of this cream after saying that it is less fat than normal cream they do a comparison with dairy cream to Alpro Soya cream. In 100ml of Alpro cream it contains 122 calories whereas dairy cream is 193, Alpro contains 4.5g carbohydrates and dairy cream is 2.2g, Alpro contains 10.5g of fat but dairy cream is 19.1g. Lastly Alpro cream gives 0.4g of fibre but dairy cream is 0g. A 30ml serving will be 37 calories which is (2%) of your daily intake and 0.5g of sugars which is (1%) also of your daily allowance so looking at both Alpro is for the best and isn't too bad in terms of health, within moderation.

So, this cream doesn't really have much of a smell to it but it is a cream colour, quite runny in consistency. On its own this has more of an oaty like taste but strangely when poured on desserts this tastes just like any other single cream I have ever eaten and compliments cakes nicely. It tastes lovely and is a great lactose free alternative for people like me and is quite light to eat and is absorbed slightly by desserts but in a good way. You can serve quite a few people with this cream as it does go a long way which makes it very good value for money.

I have had this a number of times and have felt fine after eating it, it is nice that I can eat cream and not feel funny after it. If you like soya milk or if like myself you are lactose intolerant but love some cream or want to make dishes which need single cream in them, you now know you can use this. It is good quality cream and to be honest once opened I usually find it is gone before the five days are up, it keeps for the amount of time it states roughly five days.

For a 250ml pot I paid 99p which is not too bad at all for it and quite a good price.

• Twinings Breakfast / Tea / 17 Readings / 17 Ratings
      16.08.2014 12:04

Advantages

• "good quality"
      • "rich taste"

Disadvantages

• -

A Breakfast Brew

So, to begin with taking the teabag out of its individual sachet is easy each has a slight cut line on the top right so you just rip this even more to get the teabag out. The teabag is a nice shape and has the drawstring wrapped around it, just unravel it and then it is ready to dip into a mug. This tea is described on the box as being a bright & refreshing tea and being an invigorating amber coloured tea with a full bodied taste. This doesn't give a lot away but is does make it sound very intriguing.

I boil the kettle and just leave this hanging over the edge of the mug and as I pour the boiling hot water in that rich scent rises from the mug. My tea turns a beautiful golden amber colour as promise and I leave it to brew for a good three to four minutes as recommended for a great taste. I don't like my tea too strong though so usually judge it by the colour. Once it is ready to take the teabag out I just add a splash of milk for a beautiful warm golden colour and my tea is ready to drink.

I usually drink this in the morning when I wake up and have it with my breakfast as it is aptly named. This flavour wakes me up as it is rich and full of flavour and it just has a more rich tea taste than any other brand. It is really nice to have this in the morning and it seems so distinct and it is hard to say what exact taste as it is a traditional tea taste really. The tea can be served without milk but I feel milk just makes it that bit more comforting to drink this and I do love it.

I think anyone who loves a normal cup of tea will love English Breakfast as essentially that is what it is but it is a lot more rich in flavour. It has more depth to it than the average brand but it works very well and I love the taste of this. I feel it is worth paying a bit more to get Twinings, you may not want it every morning but maybe for a treat or days when you want something richer then this is the right one to try as it just seems a lot more exciting to drink this and I'll gladly buy it again.

This tea can be purchased at any supermarkets, you can buy in different sizes. Going by Tesco prices, 50 teabags normally cost £3.29 b, 100 teabags are £4.40 and 200 are £7.49.

09.08.2014 13:55

Advantages

• healthy
      • "tastes good"

Disadvantages

• -

Healthy Chicken Snack

Mug Shots contain no artificial colours or preservatives and for allergy purposes they contain cow's milk, wheat gluten and barley gluten. So, these snacks are made up of ribbon noodles in a chicken flavoured sauce with sweetcorn and mushrooms, it is a nice combination and you do get a good balance of all. My main worry was that it would hardly have any noodles but this is not the case at all.

The nutritional information is quite important to me, they do it per sachet which is the best way. A typical 245g sachet contains 248 calories, 6.6g of protein, 51.5g of carbohydrates which is the worst part and 2.2g of sugar. Also, 1.2g of fat which is really good and 2.5g of fibre which again is really good, the carbs are the worst part of it. To make this snack all you need to do is boil a kettle of water and rip open a sachet and pour the contents into a decent sized mug. You need to add the hot water, I never fill the mug right up.

I tend to fill it up to an inch under the rim of the mug as anymore water than that, which I have done previously, can make the snack really water and bland tasting which is not nice. Just fill it here and give it a good stir and then wait for a good five minutes, if you don't wait the noodles might be crunchy and it isn't the most pleasant. I usually wait a little bit longer than five minutes just to let it cool down slightly and also to make sure the noodles are perfect. On this Mug Shot the sauce doesn't tend to thicken but once left for the right amount of time all of the corn will be the right texture and the mushrooms.

I think you get a great amount of noodles in this snack, the more you put your fork in big bundles keep coming out. It is best to keep stirring to make sure you get no big lumps of powder and noodle which haven't been stirred. The sauce is a light brown colour but it works very well with the noodles. The whole snack tastes really good and is the right amount really, sometimes I'd love a little bit more.

This chicken flavour is great, it really is, if you stick to the right amount of water and stir, there should never be any problems with it. These are great on the go and if I have these for lunch at work they tend to keep me going until the end of the day which is really what you want. These are perfect for any age and they are so handy to have in the house. The chicken flavour is very nice and so different from the other Mug Shots but it is a lot lighter which is why it is nice that it tastes good too.

07.08.2014 20:51

Advantages

• "easy to make"
      • "tastes nice"

Disadvantages

Thai Flavours In A Mug

With this flavour, it is very different from the others as the sauce is not as watery which I like, the thickest sauce on a Mug Shot is in the cheese one but I like the consistency of this one. For allergy reasons, this does contain cow's milk, wheat gluten and egg and also this snack as described as being ribbon noodles in a Thai style sauce with peppers and herbs. It really is a snack in a mug, you just need to make sure you don't use too big a mug or it might be too much water, I just use an average sized mug and it always turns out really nice with this snack. In a typical packet of these you will get 55g.

To make the snack you just add water to about an inch under the rim of the mug and always ensure you store closed packets in a cool dry place. Give it a good stir to avoid having big lumps in it and then leave it to lie for a good five minutes or more if needed. In a sachet 268g when water is added it will be 212 calories, 3.8g of protein, 41.3g of carbohydrates and 3.5g of fat. It is also 2.4g of fibre and 2.1g of sugars, it isn't the healthiest of flavours but it isn't the worst either. The calories take up 11% of your daily guideline allowance and 28% of your salt content allowance.

Once the snack is ready you will know as the noodles will be very flimsy like noodles should be and they will be stringy and cooked. The sauce is a light cream colour and it has the peppers and herbs in there which do give great flavour, it has a sweetness and a slight spice at the same time, very Thai but it is great. The sauce works so well with the noodles, it can be very hot when cooked so be careful when eating. I find this mixes well and I haven't ever had any big lumps in these as I make sure I stir it well enough, the noodles have to be left to cook or it can be horrible if they still have a crunch to them.

The Thai flavour is that bit more special, I like that it has a bit of spice to it but being that bit more calories than the others it seems to fill me up for a lot longer. I'll have this for my lunch and it'll keep me going which is what is so good about it and to carry into work the packet is easy to fit into my bag. I think this flavour is great if you like Thai flavours and a slight spice to your lunch. The noodles are great and there is a lot of them in this and there is a good balance of noodles and sauce making this the perfect snack. Sold at Home Bargains for 33p.

• 4 Pics 1 Word / Apps / 15 Readings / 15 Ratings
      02.08.2014 09:56

Advantages

• "good enough game to pass time"

Disadvantages

• " eventually"
      • "novelty wears off"
      • "noises are annoying"

Novelty Wears Off

To begin with, it is best to explain in more detail what exactly the game is, you get four pictures which all usually have a message in common and from this you have blank boxes, four if it is a four letter word, and eight if it is an eight letter word. Under this are jumbled letters, from these jumbled up letters there will be the right letters which make up the word you are looking for. The pictures should make it easy to guess what it is but sometimes they are not the most obvious of photos and so it can make it all a bit hard to guess.

If you are getting really stuck, you can use some coins to get hints but I try so hard not to do this as I want to keep my coins. I'm sure it uses something like 60 coins a time but of course the more you get right the more coins you will earn. Sometimes, even getting a hint can be really useless as they might give you a letter that you already knew was in there so it isn't helpful but like Hangman, the letter will be placed exactly where it is meant to be in the word to help you guess. If you type letters in and you get it wrong, you don't lose anything and you can tap the letter and it will drop back into the letter pile at the bottom so it clears the space.

Each time you pass a round, in the red circle at the top, it tells you what round you are on and in the top right it says how many coins you have. An example is that on my screen I have an image of a girl squeezing out paint, lots of road signs, a socket with overloaded plugs and a hammer hitting down, the letters I've been given are OIRQLLEAKOYV so the answer is 'Overkill'. Instantly it moves onto the next round, it is strange with this game as sometimes it will be really easy like all photos could have a red item and the answer could easily be 'Red' but then there are some complex images that don't make sense so they mix it up in terms of how easy it is.

The parts of this game which annoy me are the sound effects as they can get really irritating. Also, on the iPhone, there are a lot of pop up adverts that can get irritating if you click them by accident, other than this though I haven't got any problems with the game. If you get stuck on a level, it can make me want to not play for a while but you can always show others and get help if you are stuck. Everytime you get a word correct, it adds 4 points to your coins which isn't bad. It is a fun game to play and it passes the time.

29.07.2014 21:24

Advantages

• quality
        • "great taste"

Disadvantages

• -

Premium Drinking

Veuve Cliquot was founded in 1772, by Madam Cliquot she dispatched bottles of this champagne all over the world, buying the best vineyards, perfecting champagne and giving this drink the quality that it has today. The motto of this house is 'only one quality, the finest' and right it is as this label is renowned for being one of the more expensive and classic champagne brands. It has an air of prestige about it and when I was deciding between this or Tattinger, I opted for Veuve Cliquot due to the description of the taste and felt for me this one was right and I'm glad I did.

Veuve Cliquot is made from the Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay grape varieties. Before opening this champagne, I kept it in the fridge to chill for a while to make sure it was at that lovely crisp but cool temperature. Once ready to open, the champagne was easy to open and serve, right away the faint hint of fruity hints and it is described on the label as being a balance of fruit and toasty notes. The description continues to say that it has initial fruity flavours of white fruits and raisins which then develop into notes of brioche and vanilla with age.

The description seemed perfect to me and upon sipping this it really is very crisp, it is so easy to drink and I could pick up on the hint of fruit but with a subtlety that I enjoyed. It wasn't too dry and was very smooth which I liked, it also wasn't too sweet and seemed to have that perfect balance. As silly as it sounds from drinking prosecco and other sparkling drinks, I could definitely taste the difference with this and it did feel a lot more special and had that quality taste. I found this went down too easily and from a full bottle I managed to get 5 full flutes of this out of it which was great.

I really would happily recommend Veuve Cliquot to any fan of bubbles, it has a quality and premium taste and I couldn't fault it at all. Other champagnes like Lanson can be quite dry but with this it didn't seem like that at all as it was so smooth and easy to drink. It wasn't overpowering and was lovely for a special occasion for a toast or even to drink in the evening after a long day or out in the sun. It is the perfect drink to make anyone feel special and I definitely want to buy it again as it is a reasonable price for the taste. It is usually discounted at certain times of the year.

Currently, you can buy this from Tesco where they are selling a 75cl bottle for £36.99 which seems to be the standard price for it which is still good.

The official Veuve Cliquot website is http://www.veuve-clicquot.com/.

27.07.2014 10:12

Advantages

• "eight browning functions"
          • "lovely design"

Disadvantages

Browning At All Levels

This toaster is really very modern and I like that about it and the fact it also matches my kettle and microwave really well. It is 27.7cm (depth) x 29.5cm (wide) and it is a 4 slot toaster as I didn't want any less, if buying I wanted the 4 slots. It is also 19.5cm in height and it has 8 settings which is very good. The body of it is a very angular square shape it is a brushed stainless steel and the top is black but the slots are chrome. It also has a panel that sticks out with a digital display window and with all of the buttons to operate the toaster.

HOTPOINT TT44EAX0UK 4 SLOT TOASTER

The toaster arrived packed in a nice big box, everything very well covered and protected and it was in perfect condition, no marks or anything and it wasn't too heavy. As soon as I took it out of the box, I knew it looked quite expensive but it had a lovely square design to it, it sits perfectly on the worktop in my kitchen and as soon as I plugged it in, the digital screen had life in it right away.

I read the included instructions to start with to get a better understanding of everything this toaster has to offer. I found out that it has 8 settings which covers everything from all eight different browning controls to having a defrost and reheat function as well as having an extra wide slot so that it can hold all widths of bread and I suppose even croissants etc. It also has a bagel function, cool walls and a bun rack so that it is adaptable for all different type of breads which was another reason that made me choose this particular toaster.

If you are using this quite regularly, then you will be glad that it has a removable crumb tray which helps with cleaning this toaster and making life easier, it does fill up quite quickly though so you need to remember to check it. Not only this but the wider slot is useful, especially for thick sliced bread as there isn't that worry of squeezing it in to make it fit or it burning by hitting the edges. When first using the toaster there was a slight plastic burning smell but that went soon, it was just because of it being new. However, it shouldn't do that after the first few times or there is a problem if it does.

It toasts very quickly and it is so easy to use the buttons to change the settings and functions. I rarely use the defrost or reheat functions but it is still handy to have. You can buy this from a few places like Appliances Online and John Lewis but Beales offer the competitive price of £49.99 and the delivery is free.

23.07.2014 20:40

Advantages

• "saves storage space"

Disadvantages

• -

Purchase this set from Amazon for £49.99

Storage Saving Stacks

This set consists of 1 x large non stick mixing bowl, 1 x colander (3 litre), 1 x nylon sieve, 1 x small non-slip mixing bowl, 1 non-slip juicer and the overall dimensions of the set are 32.5 x 26 x 13.5cm. This set is very stylish and bold as the colours of each bowl are vibrant, ranging from turquoise through to blue, yellow and green, it is stacked in colour order and when stacked is great as it takes up little room, compared to if each were to be placed into a cupboard alone. The capacity of each of the bowls is a decent amount as well which is great as they are all good to use.

So, when I got this I was pleased as a lot of the similar items I had which I had just thrown out did not look as good as these did. The main purpose for the design is to occupy the most minimal amount of cupboard space possible, even if your kitchen is big or small these will no doubt be of use. I don't have the largest kitchen but I still think these are great and easy to store away. I don't use all of these regularly but I do find that I get the most use out of my colander and mixing bowls. The other brilliant thing about this set is that all of the items are dishwasher safe which makes them easy to clean.

The colander is brilliant as it is a really nice rounded shape and it has two handles on each side, it is a bold deep blue colour and holds a good amount of pasta (3 litres) which is enough for me and it is easy to hold. Both mixing bowls are also good with there being two different sizes, with them being non-slip it does make them easy to use and when I am baking or if I am preparing a salad the large bowl can be really useful for serving these in. The large bowl holds a capacity of 4.5L and the small one holds 0.5L and has a small tip for pouring out liquid with ease from the bowl.

The nylon sieve comes in very handy and I use this a lot, it is a white mesh and the rim is a deep green colour, it holds a capacity of 1.65L and like all of the other bowls, it also has two handles on each side rather than a long handle like other sieves do. This sieve is really good and easy to use, always use it when I'm baking and to clean it is so easy as I can just put it in the dishwasher and then it is ready to stack and use next time. Lastly, the non-slip juicer I do use this sometimes and it is cleverly stacked at the top, it holds 100ml and is very easy to use, good quality.

04.07.2014 21:14

Advantages

• -

Disadvantages

• -

love

testing

• Philips HD4671 / Kettle / 29 Readings / 29 Ratings
              07.06.2014 10:37

Advantages

• " boils quick"
              • "nice design"

Disadvantages

• "quite a chunky design"

You can buy this kettle online and from a number of electrical shops such as

I was in Sainsbury''s and found this really nice model by Philips, what I liked about it is the brushed metal effect on it as well as the decent capacity that it holds as well, I went for this design as Philips are a good brand, even though I''ve never had one of their kettles before. APPEARANCE The design of this kettle is really elegant and modern, as mentioned before it has a brushed metal silver body which is really nice, it holds a capacity of 1.7 litres. What is good about this kettle is that it has a one cup indicator which isn''t the case on most designs, showing on the water gauge window that it only goes up in one cups, marking when it is 1.0L full. It is very straightforward to use and it sits on a 360 degree base which makes it easy for lifting this and putting the kettle back down, as it can sit back on this in any direction which is just so much easier. PHILIPS HD4671 KETTLE When I took this kettle out of the packaging, I loved the look of it, it fit perfectly in my kitchen and wasn''t too heavy to hold either. The one cup feature on this kettle, allows you to know exactly how much water you need for the amount of cups you are making, saving you up to 66% on energy as you don''t need to overfill it. The kettle has room for cord storage in the base, the cord is an ok length easy enough to plug in as I always usually keep my kettle near a wall with a socket anyway so it should be fine. Once full, the kettle is still not too heavy unless you fill it up to the maximum of 1.7L which is just over 6 cups. It is easy to fill the kettle up, you just need to push the black button at the top and this flips up the lid just enough to fill up the kettle. The switch to turn the power on is at the bottom, it is a transparent switch which has an on/off symbol on it and a light comes on when it has been turned on. Once the kettle is boiling it obviously makes noise like any other kettle, it isn''t the quietest but this doesn''t bother me as it does boil in a good amount of time. The switch turns off, as does the indicator light and you know the kettle has boiled. This kettle has a double action filter to ensure clean water while using and it also has a power use of 3000W. If you are on the look out for a new kettle this ticks a lot of boxes, fast to boil, easier to keep an eye on water usage, modern, sophisticated design and easy to hold.

16.03.2014 10:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

white Apple earphones compatible with most Apple devices

When I bought my iPhone 5, I was very pleased to find that inside the box came a small plastic box that contained a set of new Apple earphones with a remote. The reason I was so happy about this was for the reason that I have had some old Apple earphones for a while now but they were starting to look really old with the R and L fading off and the colour starting to go a bit dirty looking. These are also nice as they are all wrapped up in a small box which they can be put back in which is great if you take them around with you a lot as it will stop cables from getting damaged.

APPEARANCE

These look like almost every other pair of Apple earphones that I've ever owned, these are white with a grey tip and on each ear it says R or L and the cable is also white. The remote is tiny a small strip that has a + and - button. These are very lightweight only 14g and they measure at 43.2 x 0.8 x 0.5cm which gives an idea of their size. The tops of he earphones are flat white plastic even where the normal mesh part would be on the flatter area and at the side is where the mesh sound area is. These are a lot narrower than other earphones and this is probably why they sit better in my ear.

APPLE EARPHONES WITH REMOTE AND MIC

So, the little box they come in is great as the shape of each earphone is cut out so these slot perfectly into the box and don't move once pushed in place. There is room to wrap the cable around the side and then put the plastic lid on top, really clever idea. These Apple earphones are compatible with the iPhone and also the iPad and ofcourse iPod. I mainly use these when listening to music on my iPhone as to me this is just easier to do and I don't have an iPod so this is my main reason for listening to music, I also use these on my Macbook Pro too and they work fine.

The remote control on this is good for the little thing that it is, it has the + and - buttons which are for turning up and lowering the volume and I find these work very well, no delays they raise and drop the volume with ease. The microphone is on the back where the icon is shown, this is also good if you are using this on a handsfree call and I find the connection to be really good, it picks up sound well and I've never had any problems while using this. I suppose for Skype if using these on an Ipad or laptop these are also a good option but most laptops do have inbuilt microphones.

The middle of the remote control is also a button even though it isn't clear unless you read into it. This is a pause button and when clicked again it will then play music, it is great. While listening on these I find the sound to be really clear and it is great, the bass is good on these and for free earphones, I think they are brilliant. I also think these are very comfortable to wear and they sit really well in my ear without falling out or hurting. The cable on these is a good length also, long enough if you are walking around holding your phone or sitting with these connected into a laptop.

The volume control function on these doesn't work with older iPod models, you should check this first before buying these. If these start to go faulty which I can't imagine they will for years then I would definitely buy more as I've been using only Apple earphones for years now and have been so happy with the quality that I've never looked at other brands. The sound is always good and with me mainly using Apple products I like to use the same brand of earphones. If buying an iPhone you will get these free or otherwise you will have to buy them but they are worth it.

COST

You can buy these earphones on Amazon starting at £9 or if you buy them from the official Apple store they will cost you a high £25 which isn't the cheapest.

The official Apple website is http://store.apple.com/uk/.

• Pedigree Biscrok / Dog Food / 68 Readings / 67 Ratings
              10.03.2014 19:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

three varieties of dog biscuit in one pack by Pedigree

I love to reward my dog but I don't like to overindulge him with dog biscuits, usually he will get them if he has been well behaved or when out and about on his walk. I have tried a wide variety of dog biscuits as I am not particularly loyal to any brand, I usually just buy what I see or whatever is on offer. I have been buying these Pedigree Biscrok quite frequently for my dog, he seems to really like them but they aren't the cheapest out there especially because Pedigree make them. I usually buy the bigger 1.5kg bag which lasts a good while and seems to be the best value for money.

PACKAGING

These biscuits come in a big pack and are in the usual Pedigree red and yellow colours, they have the logo on the front and a clear plastic window on the front so you can see what the biscuits look like. In bold white type it says Biscrok and there is a short bit of information about there being 3 different varieties and about what these biscuits contain. The packaging is very bright and it does stand out on display, There are a few different flavours in these and they are good for your dog containing Omega 3, calcium and vitamins. I do like the Pedigree brand and buy quite a lot from them.

PEDIGREE BISCROK

With these biscuits, they are broken down into three different varieties. There is the Omega 3 biscuit which is to help with fitness, calcium to keep strength in teeth and bones and then vitamins & minerals for maintaining you dog's natural defences. These biscuits are all shaped like bones which is typical of most dog biscuits, they are free from artificial colours and flavours also. The three different biscuits are different colours one is brown, one a more orange shade and the other a light beige. The word Biscrok is engraved into each biscuit making it obvious what brand they are from.

The smell of these biscuits is just like most items I give my dog but he really seems to enjoy these, I wouldn't say anymoreso than any other dog biscuits though. I usually take a couple of these out with me when I go for a walk and he always goes made when he knows he is about to have some biscuits. They are described as crunchy and they do sound it when he is eating them, literally they are gone in seconds as he loves them that much. I don't usually give him more than 2 or 3 as I feel that is enough but every owner is different and as are all dogs, so it is up to yourself.

When storing these, I always keep them hidden away in a dark drawer, in a tin with a lid on it and it keeps them fine, they don't go soft this way. It is recommended that these are stored away in a cool, dry place. These biscuits are described as being the perfect treat for your dog and it does say that these are suitable for all dogs of any size. He seems to enjoy them and that is what I make my decision on, I have never had any brand of dog biscuit that he hasn't eaten but he gets a bit more excited about these and I am happy knowing what these contain also.

There is an ingredient list to break down what these include on the packet. It is a mix of cereals, meat and animal derivatives as well as chicken in the white biscuit, beef in the brown biscuit and marrowbone in the red. There is also a nutritional value breakdown if you are interested in reading this on the packaging too. I have never had any problems with Pedigree products and my labrador absolutely loves them so if I come across Biscrok again then I will happily buy another bag, they last a decent amount of time buying the 1.5kg and although a bit more, it is worth it.

COST

You can buy Pedigree Biscrok from all supermarkets and pet shops, Asda sell the 1.5kg bag for £5.68, there is also a 500g bag which is a bit cheaper at £1.88.

The official Pedigree website is http://uk.pedigree.com/.