webownage

User that trust you
    • Blackberry Torch 9800 / Smartphone / 7 Readings / 6 Ratings
      13.04.2012 16:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great phone, loads of features!

I purchased this phone a whim. I was getting sick of using the very basic curve with slow internet. I seen this Blackberry, at an amazing price on contract and that I would treat myself. So I signed up to a new contract and got this phone with it for free which is excellent!

Appearance-

When you first lift this phone out of the box, you can tell that it is good quality from the weight of it, not too heavy that it is a nuisance, not to light that it will break if you drop it. The phone is very stylish, that if you are walking down the high street using it, you will attract the attention of others for sure! The phone slides fairly smoothly, however it can be awkward when sliding that you open something on your screen.

Storage -

The Torch 9800 has an excellent internal storage capacity of 4GB, has 512 MB RAM, not the best, but a fast phone, and 512 ROM. The Torch has also got an expandable memory card slot, which can take microSD cards up to an astonishing 32GB

Screen -

The Blackberry Torch screen is very high quality, and benefits from a TFT capacitive touch screen. The screen size is 3.2 inches.

Keyboard -

The keyboard on the Blackberry Torch is a full QWERTY keyboard, both touch screen and keys. Typing on the keys is so smooth you can barely here it, compared to the curve 8520 which was much more noisy and noticeable.

Typing with the hard keys is much easier than the on screen keyboard, you can type much faster and make literally no mistakes, if you have been use to typing on a touch screen phone before, then you will notice that it is much different.

Sound -

The sound quality on this device is really good, you have a very good call quality, along with a good music playback, you can very easy and it is not muffled.

The ring volume and vibrations can be very strong, if you have a message or a call, then you will not have to worry about missing it with the vibrations coming from this device, as with all Blackberry's. As I am a previous Blackberry owner of the Curve 8520 I have noticed that when you are selecting your different messaging tones that you do not have as much selection as what you are use to on the older Blackberry Devices.

Durability -

I have had this phone for just under 3 weeks now. I haven't noticed and scratches or markings on the casing as of yet. I have been taking very good care of it, by not putting it in a pocket with keys, or coins. The area around the edge of the screen, and the phone is a high gloss finish which has no marks, or scrapes on it, as of yet. I would recommend getting some screen protectors for the phone, you can pick them up fairly cheaply, usually a couple of pounds from the internet.

Connectivity -

The connectivity options with this phone are endless. From using Bluetooth, to data, to USB, you will also be able to connect. On the torch, you get a data connection of upt HSDPA the fastest out. As of today. I think that 4G is being tested. You also get WIFI 802.11 b/g/n.

The Blackberry devices have one of the best notification push systems, that as soon as you receive an e-mail, facebook notification etc, you will be notified on your home screen.

Camera -

The camera on this device is amazing. 5 mega pixels with auto focus and an LED flash. When I have been taking pictures on this device the average size is about 2.3 MB. The camera also has Geo-Tagging, and image stabilization.

Price -

The price of this phone is fairly reasonable! You can pick it up for around 300 on pay as you sim free, or you can get it free on contract for about £15 a month.

Recommend -

I would definitely recommend this phone to anyone, it is quite cheap, doesn't lack in features, very stylish and modern phone. With RIMs Messenger Blackberry Messenger (BBM) you can chat with other blackberry users for free over the RIM network for free.

Thanks for reading! I hope this has been of interest to you and has helped assist you in your decision.

• LG 42LD450 / LCD TV / 26 Readings / 25 Ratings
      28.07.2011 13:30

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Excellent TV, Value for money, Great Quality.

I got this TV for the living room about 3 years ago when we moved house, we used in there for about 9/10 months, then I realised that we could of gotten a bigger one, so we bought a 50" Samsung, and put this LG one in the games room up the stairs for the kids. I was happy using it in the living room and have had a pleasant experience, now the kids can use it in their games room up the stairs, for playing games, watching movies when they have friends over.

Appearance-

The TV does look smaller than our previous 42" it just takes some time to adjust because the speakers are built in, and not attached on to the side so therefore looks smaller, you quickly adjust and it's really just the same. The TV its self sits upon a base which turns left and right, excellent if the sun hits the TV and you're struggling to see it. The frame, and the base is made from high quality, shiny material. There is the LG logo placed in the bottom middle of the frame surrounding the screen.

Screen -

The screen is an excellent bright 42 inches, excellent for playing games, watching movies, connecting you laptop to show pictures, this screen is excellent in all respects, very bright and clear, great for everything, and everyone will enjoy.

Sound Quality -

Ultimately it is down to the quality which is sent from the broadcaster, but this TV never fails in the sound aspects of things, very clear no matter how low or how high you have it turned up, you can always make it out without a problem.

Durability -

This TV was used in the living room for under a year a preformed very well, there is no scratches, or marks on the screen or frame, you get a microfiber cloth included for cleaning the dust off of the shiny surface. Now that it is in the kids' games room, it is getting much more use, and is still providing the high quality picture and sound.

With the LG 42LD450 you get:
      2 HDMI sockets
      1 SCART socket
      1 PC (VGA) socket
      AV socket at side
      Headphone socket
      Optical connection
      Composite.

Also, when purchasing we noticed it said that it had a Freeview digital tuner built in, I have not used this, because we had sky, then moved to virgin, which is in all the rooms where the TV has been getting used so it I haven't had the need to use it thus not commenting about it.

Price -

This product is currently on sale in Argos for £419.98, grab yourself a bargain because when I bought this it was a little over £600, you are defiantly getting value for money with this TV with all the features and quality you get, it is well worth your while!

Overall Opinion -

In my overall opinion I feel that the TV performs well in all aspects to what it is up to and hasn't failed me or the kids' yet, and I have no doubt that anything could go wrong with a TV of this quality and with a brand like LG which is very respected and trusted brand.

Recommend -

Would recommend this TV to everyone because of the high quality display, and clear sound which is excellent for everyone, a TV for your kids to use in the spare room, one for the living room etc, this TV has endless uses and comes at a very reasonable price.

27.07.2011 19:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

Excellent device, easy to use, very happy

I bought this a while back when the price was much higher, I think I paid around £38 for it, maybe more though. So far I have been very happy with my purchase and would buy again for sure!

Appearance-

The Sony flash drive is an excellent thing to have, as you have 8GB of data, a considerable amount at your finger tips, just plug in and away you go. This drive has a USB slider mechanism which means you use the bar on the side and slide away for the USB to come out, and slide back for the USB to go back in, this is a great way of protecting the parts which can be broken most easily, I think it is good to have this feature, as you can't really break the metal USB connection because it is protected most of the time.

Storage -

The Sony flash drives offers a great amount of storage space, this particular one is 8 GB which is around 8192 MB which is around 2000 songs, this is a great amount to be able to carry around with you.

Durability -

Like I said above I have had this drive for a while now, and it has served me well, whether it be from taking files to school, or taking it to the library when I have ran out of ink, or even transferring files from one computer to another this is the perfect flash drive, as it is very fast on both PC and Mac, which is great if you use either. It is sturdy, and reliable, there is a few scratches on this due to general wear and tear, also being in the pocket with keys wouldn't help it much.

Connectivity -

This Sony flash drive consists of USB 2.0 the very latest in USB technology, However, I understand that USB 3.0 is being tested, the new generation of data transfer.

Price -

Like most things, it does come down through time, but I don't think that this flash drive will become much cheaper than £16.99 which it is currently available on Amazon for, that is surprisingly cheap for such a well know and reputable brand like Sony!

Overall Opinion -

I have used this through my time as a student to take to and from school for projects, essays etc etc, this has been an excellent device for doing so, and is great for transferring media between computers.

Recommend -

I would recommend this flash drive to friends, and family because I have had such a pleasant experience with this device, it is reliable and easy to use, it pops up with a few seconds on being plugged into the computer

27.07.2011 12:56

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Great family printer!

This printer is like the same of all other printer scanner and copiers out there! Very basic, but easily used! I got this printer as part of a deal when I purchased a new computer system.

Appearance-

The printers body and frame is made from a silver material, which makes the printer look very stylish and modern in a home today, with the way technology has come along you wouldn't have thought this printer would still fit in today in a modern household after all those years!

Print Quality -

The quality of print outs that this printer gives are excellent, they are of very high quality, and are printed very fast. The scanner on this printer scanner copier is good, there is a clear image scanned onto the computer, very happy with the scanner, although I don't use it much when it comes to using it, it never lets me down. The quality of the copier is a like for like, you can't tell the difference between the original and the copied version.

Sound -

This printer prints at a high speed considering its age, I would say you can easily get20 ppm on black and white, I don't print with colour on this printer, so cannot comment. The only time you notice a loud printing is when it is on draft mode and prints extremely fast, this also saves ink.

Durability -

I have used this printer for many years, from recpits from online purchases, to my kids' school projects, and has been an excellent printer and has done me, well. There is the general wear and tear from it sitting on the floor, and chaning the cartridges etc.

Connectivity -

The printer has very little connectivity, you have the USB to your computer, and you have a USB for the camera to plug into, which isn't very good, but when this printer was released digital camera etc were not as popular as they are now.

Price -

As I got this printer for free when I purchased the computer package, I am unaware of the price, I'm sure that it was around £70/£80 when I first got it. The cartridges are a reasonable price, around £17 for colour and around £13 for black and white.

Overall opinion -

Over all this is a great family printer however when you are going to buy a printer I would recommend the Kodak Easyshare printer as their ink is extremely cheap, and provide high quality print outs. The only disappointing thing about this printer is that you can only selected to copy 9 of the one thing at a time, which can be bad if you are copy a lot of sheets.

Recommend -

This is a great family printer which can be used by everyone, and has a place in every home, the printer is cheap enough to buy, and is of very high quality, I have no hesitation in recommending this to friends family people in the street, but I wouldn't purchase this myself, I would get one has cheaper ink!

• HP Photosmart A526 / Inkjet Printer / 8 Readings / 8 Ratings
      26.07.2011 12:34

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Great printer, does the job

I bought this printer after we came back from our family holiday, I wanted to print lots of pictures from Florida! I thought that purchasing the HP Photosmart A526 would have been the best option but now I realise it wasn't, you can get prints online much cheaper!

Appearance-

The printer looks very basic, like any other photo printer you get these days, it has a carry handle a screen, a Power button, red eye removal button, a left button, a printer button, a right button and a cancel button.

Screen -

You get a 6 CM colour LED colour screen. The screen is not the best of quality, but it is good for what you use it for, choosing the pictures that you want to print.

Print Quality -

The quality of the prints out that this printer gives is excellent, they are very high quality, and print out in as quick as 39 seconds. The only down side to the print quality is that you pay the earth for the ink, it I only buy genuine cartridges, I buy the HP 110 Vivera from Tesco for about £26 which is much of a rip off as you can get it on Amazon for only £16.99. I think it would be best to buy the genuine from Tesco as it is water proof, so if you're caught in a shower of rain, you won't need to worry about your pictures. I have sort of worked out that it costs around 0.89 per picture to print, where as if you are buying online you can get them as cheap as 28p, even cheaper if you order a lot.

Sound -

The printer is fairly loud during boot up, and first print, after the first print is over, the printer is really fast and very quiet, you barely even notice that it is on.

Durability -

I have been using this printer for over 3 years now, and it still provides high quality prints, and is in great condition considering the usage it has received over the years! There is very few marks scuffs etc etc, just general wear and tear which can be expected.

Connectivity -

The printer has many ways of connecting your photos, you can connect with your USB cable, or you can connect with a memory card, as this printer has many options and different types of cards which can be read.

These are :
      CF
      SD
      XD
      MS/Duo

Price -

The price of the printer its self is very reasonable you could pick this up for around £60 when I bought it, I'm not sure if you are still able to purchase it. The ink is in no way whatsoever reasonably priced.

Recommend -

I would recommend this printer to people who travel a lot or take a lot of pictures as it is a quick and easy way to print, however, look around and see if it is possible to get a different printer which offers cheaper ink, which will be more beneficial! I wish I had done this before I purchased this printer, as I hate paying ink which is expensive.

• O2 USB Modem E160 / Modem / 9 Readings / 9 Ratings
      25.07.2011 11:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

Excellent design, easy to use, cheap, value for money, well worth it!

I bought this dongle as one of my current contracts is with o2. I was told by virgin media that they didn't know when my broadband service would be resumed, so I knew I couldn't live without internet so I bought this little did I know the internet was working the next day which was rather annoying although I did get this in a sale so all was good! I have never had any problems with o2, and am proud to recommend anyone.

Appearance-

The modem itself is just like any other pen drive, plugs into a USB port and provides your laptop or desktop mobile broadband. On the black model o2 is in silver on the top part of the stick, and there is a light at the bottom to tell you it's connected which is a bonus as you don't need to look for the application on your computer.

Storage -

The modem comes with 16 MB storage which is pretty rubbish, although there is a slot for a micro SD card which you can use to store anything you like and can carry it around without fear of forgetting it as you will need the modem for internet.

Durability -

The modem is very durable consider the amount of usage it gets, in and out of bags, and in and out of the laptop, there is very little marks on the modem, and the USB is still intact which is good considering the use it has been getting and bumps while stuck in the laptop.

Connectivity -

O2 has always had great coverage, and will continue to provide excellent coverage to all of its customers nationwide, I must say thought that there are some black spots where the data connection can be really slow. No matter which type of modem you take whether it be pay monthly or pay as you go, you get unlimited access to BT Openzone networks, and other hotspots across the whole United Kingdom.

Price -

I got this at in a sale for only £19.99 which is nearly half of the RRP, this is considerably good, due to the service you receive plus I was given 2 GB of free wireless internet.

Recommend -

I would highly recommend this device to students, and people who work away from their desks ie change location a lot with train travel etc, you will get high speed access on a reliable network which you can trust.

Extra Info-

As our home broadband was only out for the one day, I gave the modem to my son as he likes to go on his laptop at break and lunch or in his free periods, the school allows this, also if he is doing a class project where you have to research information. The dongle gets put to good use which is great for all.

• Garmin nuvi 205WT / GPS Sat Nav / 7 Readings / 7 Ratings
      24.07.2011 15:48

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great for long journeys and unfamiliar locations.

I bought this GPS for when I was travelling up north not meet family, I am glad I choose this particular one as it has so many features, it is easy to use, and it is from a reputable brand. I do not use the satellite navigation since purchasing my new smart phone as it has maps built in, so i have it with me all the time.

Appearance-

The Garmin Nuvi 205wt is a nice looking GPS, but looks a bit out dated since it is one of the older ones. This being an older model does not hold back on the features, there is so man and they are very easy to use.

Storage -

The GPS device can take an SD card, which music, videos, and pictures can be stored on if you would like to listen to these whilst driving, this can also be dangerous as you need to concentrate on the road.

Screen -

The screen is touch which is good, it is not very sensitive which can sometimes be hard to type on, such as entering location data for your destination. This can get rather frustrating if you are trying to get the address in fast because you are in a hurry. The screen is a large 4.3 inch screen which makes navigation very easy as a quick glance at the screen and you can see easily.

Keyboard -

Like I have mentioned above in the screen section above the sat nav has a very large touch screen which makes typing easy with the spaced out letters a numbers.

Sound -

The sound quality on this sat nav is excellent, it is very loud which can be heard over the radio which is great on long journeys whilst driving, as you do not need to worry about not hearing the instructions. When the sat nav is a full volume it is still very clear.

Durability -

This sat nav has been subject to a lot of use and has done very well. The screen is still in very good condition and so is its windscreen holder. There is your general wear and tear which is hardly surprising given the length of time that this has been used for.

Connectivity -

This sat nav has Bluetooth to connect your phone to so you can make and receive calls while driving, which is a great feature to have. I'm sure you can hook this up to your cars speakers but I am not sure how to do it, and have never done it before, I think the built in speaker is enough, you can plug this into a computer to do map updating, and you can obviously plug this into your cars cigarette lighter socket to charge while driving.

Price -

This sat nav comes at a very low price now which is much cheaper than what I paid for it when I first got it, it is truly value for money if you regularly go on long drives which you are unsure of how to get there, or if you have to drive for your work and you are unfamiliar with the location.

Recommend -

I've had this for about 2 years now and throughout that time this sat nav has done me well, it has gotten me where I need to go, and do what I need to do. I am very happy with my purchase and would

• Indesit IWE7145K / Washing Machine / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      23.07.2011 16:46

Advantages

• "Ease of use"

Disadvantages

Great machine, value for money, would purchase again!

I bought this machine for my new house back in 2008 like a lot of the other things that I have reviewed. The machine is great, no faults as of yet, the only problem that we have had so far is that the display with washing time remaining plays up which can get annoying but just give it a little hit with your fist and its back to normal which is great.

Appearance-

This washing machine is like any other kitchen appliance, it is white, with a tray for soap powder and fabric softener, and there is a knob which you turn to the setting you would like for your washing. Listed below is the time for each function the machine does.

* 1 White prewash - 2 hours 35 mins
      * 12 special sport - 1 hour
      * Rinse - 30 minutes
      * Spin - 10 minutes
      * Drain - 2 minutes

The machine also has Easy Iron, Extra Rinse, and Stain Removal functions.
      Storage -

This machine takes a 7 KG load which is great if you do a lot of washing ie family home. The machine washes the clothes to the same cleanliness whether or not you use the full 7 KG or whether you only put a little amount of clothes in.

Screen -

The screen on the washing machine is not the best; in fact it is very basic. I personally have problems with the screen which on my machine, it goes all distorted and flashes which is unreadable, you have physically got to hit it with your fist for the screen to return to normal.

Sound -

This machine as a very powerful spin cycle, it is fairly noisy, you can hear it while you are up the stairs, if there is anything on or in the sink you will hear it rattle about the same with stuff on the work to round about the machines location.

Durability -

The machine is still in very good condition, I have been using it since mid 2008 which is about 3 years ago to when I am writing this review. I am happy with the build, and I am happy with how well this machine operates, you obviously have the soap powder tray having clumps of solid powder which as missed the tray and hardened over time, this is removed easily with a knife.

Price -

The price for this machine is fairly cheap, although when I purchased it was a bit more expensive. I truly think you will get value for money if you are to purchase this machine, it operates well and I have had no problems after 3 years of family usage.

Recommend -

I have no hesitation in recommending this machine to families, single occupant's elderly, in fact I recommend this machine to anyone, I have happy with it, and I think it does a great job!

23.07.2011 14:53

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great machine, Excellent drying times, couldn't ask for anything better.

I bought this tumble dryer back in 2008 when I moved in to a new house, I thought well we are going to need a decent tumble dryer with a family house (3 stay here) I am so glad that I choose this one to the one I had before, this dries cloths so quickly, and is very efficient.

Appearance-

The tumble dryer is like any other kitchen appliance. It has a drawer where the collected water is stored, a light to let you know when the drawer is full, a knob for the length of time you want the load to dry for and a high heat or low heat button. On the bottom panel there is a grill with about four or five spaces. This is where the air enters. This panel also folds down and you can clean the filter in here along with the one inside the door.

Storage -

This tumble dryer holds a large load of 7 KG which is very good while doing lots of laundry although it is better to dry some, then some more like half and half, they dry much quicker which uses less energy.

Sound -

The Indesit IDC 75 is a very quite machine, you barely notice it is on when you are in the room next door, however when you are in the same room as the machine you notice it to be much louder than what it is in the room next door.

Durability -

The machine is use to family style use which is excellent. The machine is subjected to heavy use in this household, and I have no doubt that this machine would have any problems if we were to use it much more. The only thing that I have noticed is that the door has dropped down a little bit, but I'm sure this can be fixed with the tightening of a screw. This does not affect the drying abilities of the machine, and is not a problem, I will get round to fixing it eventually. Also, once the red empty water light appears it takes a while to go off after you have emptied the water tray. Not a big issue though.

Price -

I think this machine is very reasonable priced at £239.99. It was about £250 when I got it, what can you expect everything drops in price after you buy it. You certainly do get value for money, I notice very little difference with my electricity bills whether we're using the machine or not.

Recommend -

I would recommend this machine for sure. My mum and dad have this machine and they use it quite a bit, but not as much as me as they don't have children in the house. The machine is cheap enough to run for long periods of time, and the initial purchase cost is reasonable.

23.07.2011 12:37

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Great music player, very good value, just what you need.

I was given this as a gift at Christmas of 2009, and I always use it with my iPod touch, I love it, my music plays clearly, it is made of high quality material, it looks good, and it even has an alarm clock!

Appearance-

I like the look of this docking station as it is nice, modern and stylish within the home. There is a big knob on the main screen which you use to turn the volume up and down on.

Screen -
      The screen on the Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus is pretty basic stuff, at the moment when I am looking at it, all I seen on the screen is the display which says 12:26.

Sound -

The sound quality of this docking station is great. Very loud, and very clear. You can listen to your music, while doing the house work, ironing, cleaning etc etc and you don't notice a difference when you turn it up, still stays clear at a louder volume.

Durability -

As this just sits in the same position and I leave my iPod in it, there are no scratches or marks visible on it. The knob on it is still in very good condition especially with the amount of use it has had. I leave my iPod in the dock all the time because I have another one which I keep on my person.
      Price -

As this was a gift I wasn't really sure of the price although at the time I think this was around £70 or £80 which in my opinion is a very good price for what you get, also as it is such a good, well known and trusted brand.

Recommend -

I would recommend this docking station to anyway, as it is so good and can be used for many things in the house, cleaning, tiding, dusting, ironing, sitting about, surfing the net etc.

• Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 / Laptop / 8 Readings / 4 Ratings
      23.07.2011 10:44

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Great Laptop In Its Time, Well Worth The Money, Lasted Well.

I've never had a Toshiba Laptop before, so I thought it would make sense to try one out to get the feel and as a bonus the one I was looking at was on sale the L300 29W.

After purchasing I was nervous, because some of my friends had told me that they burn out after a year and things stop working, this made me worry as I didn't know what to expect.

Appearance -

When I seen the picture of this laptop on the Argos website I thought that this was a great product, it looked slim and light weight, I was wrong, it is not that thin nor light weight.

The keyboard look excellent on the picture like a good typing keyboard, well it is a good typing keyboard once you are use to it, as I had been using laptops with spaced out keys it was strange going to a cramped keyboard. The only difference really with this keyboard is that the style of the letters looks different on the keyboard to other laptops.

Battery Life -

The battery life on the L300 29W is not very good at all. My particular laptop didn't hold charge for a very long period of time, at most I would get about 54 minutes out of a full charge (WIFI, and web browsing)

Storage -

The laptop its self had an appealing 320 GB hard drive, and a 3 GB of RAM which is was very good at the price paid when I purchased this back in 2009 for £399.99.

Screen -

The laptop had a screen size of 15.4 in which was perfect for what I needed with checking e-mails, browsing the web, and my son for his school studies. The screen is bright and clear excellent for watching movies, browsing and much more.

Sound -

The sound on this laptop was of very good quality, you could understand words easy and clearly, it was not muffled in anyway.

Other -

The laptop does not come with factory restore discs, you have to burn them yourself via the software preinstalled which can be a bit of a nuisance. The connectivity of the laptop was good, you had a built in webcam, 3 USB ports, a microphone, and earphone jack along with the built in microphone, you had an Ethernet jack, and your disc drive.

Recommend ? -

I would recommend this laptop when I used it, but not now as there is a wider selection available, much cheaper and having more features. This laptop would be good for teens, as a starting laptop for school studies such as class projects etc etc.

• Samsung DVD H1080 / DVD Player / 8 Readings / 6 Ratings
      22.07.2011 20:52

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Excellent DVD Player, worth the money, only downside is the small remote

I bought this for myself a while ago now because I was fed up of using the cheap rubbish one I got from Argos. I am so glad that I choose a reputable brand as this DVD player is excellent!

The DVD player is very stylish, and looks modern as it is in a sort of circular shape, unlike the ones that seem old which are in a rectangular shape. It has a glossy finish which makes it stand out from the rest. The player is black with a Samsung white coloured label on top.

The buttons on the box are all touch which makes it blend in and contrast better which give the box a better look as a whole.

The only thing that I do not like about this DVD player after about a year of using it is that the control is very small.

Recommend ?

About 2 days after I purchased this DVD player my parents stopped working, as it only cost £50 I recommended it to them. They were extremely overjoyed when I told them about how good the quality was they thought they would get one too, so I headed out to Currys and bought another one for them.

22.07.2011 15:13

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Worth it if you drink a lot of hot drinks.

I have always been a sucker for coffee machines, I think that they are great, and that you couldn't get anything better than these. So I bought this Nescafe one, and I am glad I did, as it is quick and easy to operate, and you need little effort to make hot drinks such use, coffee, hot chocolate.

Appearance-

This machine looks small, and compact. It wouldn't look out of place in any house. It is designed to be small, and stylish. The only way I could fault the appearance is that there is no screen on it, to tell you temperatures, what its making, how long to go etc

Sound -

During use the machine is fairly quiet. This is an added bonus if you want a cup during the night, which I so often do.

Durability -

I've had this for a little over 8 months now, and it has held up well. There are no scratches or marks that I can see on the body of the knob at the top for your choice of water.

Price -

I think this machine is a bit over priced for what you get, I think there is more available on the market for less which do more. As this machine is quiet and quick I am happy to of paid the price that it did.

Recommend -

I would recommend this machine to family and friends as it is very easy to use, and a benefit to have around the house, I know my mum likes it as when she is at my house she never leaves the thing along.

• Philips MC 235B / Hifi System / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
        22.07.2011 14:03

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Does the job

I bought this stereo back in 2008 when we were moving house because I thought it would be good to have one if we were going to have guests over could just hit play, or hook up to the radio

Appearance-

This stereo system has a modern slim line style, which will look attractive anywhere in your home. This particular model has a FM Radio built in along with a CD player. The screen on the stereo is very basic, just a small circle.

Sound -

The sound quality on this device is excellent, whether on the radio or listening to CDs, even on full volume it is great. One problem you can notice with the sound is when you're listening to a radio station and don't have the best of coverage it's a bit crackly and muffled, other than that then there is no sound issues. Loud and clear!

Price -

I think I paid about £79.99 for this back in 2008 but I can't remember correctly, maybe it was less. I got it in Comet for moving house. Although I am happy with my purchase I think you can get more features for less money, like having an iPod dock.

Recommend -

I would recommend this product, as it is stylish, modern, and I think that it would fit in well to any house hold.

• Sony PSP Slim & Lite / Games Console / 7 Readings / 5 Ratings
        22.07.2011 12:58

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great device, if you like playing games on the move!

I bought the PSP as a gift for a friend but we had a fall out, so I kept it for myself, I very rarely use it, but it's good to have around the house for something to do when I get board. (very easily)

Appearance-

The appearance of the PSP is very stylish, and a modern feel, a great gadget to use travelling, in the house, at the beach, or on a rainy day.

Screen -
        The screen on the PSP is quite large and bright, excellent for playing games and watching movies on them if you have them stored on the memory card.

Sound -
        To be perfectly honest, I have never listened to the sound without earphones in, (with earphones, flawless) so I can't comment on how the sound is via the speakers. It is a Sony product so I'm guessing it's good.

Durability -

The PSP gets some general wear and tear along the way as you can expect of any handheld device. I have always used a case with my PSP so for the durability, it is excellent, as I have no scratches, dents, or marks on the device.
        Connectivity - The PSP was Wifi on it, and has a micro USB port to connect to your computer, a head phone jack and has a slot for a memory card.

Price - I think that the PSP console is value for money if you play it a lot, which I don't so for me it was a wasted purchase, well it pretty much was anyway, buy I am hoping to start playing again soon.

Recommend -

I would definitely recommend this device to friends, family, and even get it for the kids, because if they would play it a lot and get the use out of it then it gives them something to do and they will be happy.