As being a part of the entertainment business, often for interviews and other shoots, we do utilize the Shure VP64A. I believe I have been utilizing it for the last few months personally. It is quite economically priced and is an efficient performer. Shure being a trust-able brand backs the same by living up to the high market standards.
It is very stylishly designed and is elegant and smooth to hold. It is also, extremely durable and easy to maintain. The bump in the upper mid helps cut through unneeded background noises and disturbance, so that the filtered end output is of high quality. However, it being Omni Directional, sounds from all directions are taken in, so the person utilizing it must be careful. Also it only has a single wall tube and not a double like the RE50 so extra care needs to be taken else hand movements are also recorded. Also the build is of light aluminum so is prone to get dented or bent if used without care. So extra precautions need to be taken at times. However, all in all it is a good budget buy, which lives up to ones expectations.
Here are the Fluffy Specs, Pros & Cons for the Shure VP64A:
- Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 4.9 x 2.7 inches ; 12.8 ounces
- Neodymium Magnet: Increased output and maximized signal-to-noise ratio
- Tailored Frequency: Response with mid-range presence rise for optimum speech clarity
- Omni Directional Polar Pattern: Eliminates need for critical microphone positioning
- Internal Isolation Mount: For low handling noise
- Water-resistant Mesh Grille: Repels water under challenging weather conditions
- Supplied Windscreen: Reduced pickup of pop and wind noise
- Ideal for On-Camera Applications
- Frequency Response: 50 to 12,000 Hz
- Economical Price
- Efficient Performance
- Filters: Noise & Disturbance
- Durable & Easy to Maintain
- Stylish & Elegant Design
- Single Wall Tube
- Omni Directional: Sounds From All Directions
- Light Build: Den-table & Bendable
Fluffy Rating: 4/5 (Budget Mic Option!)
Final Fluffy Verdict: If you are on a tight budget and need a microphone for interviewing or hosting, this could be the right mic for you. However it requires extensive care, so that it isn't damaged and can be used optimally.
I Hope this review helps you :)