Product Type: AEG microwaves
Newest Review: ... given that the overall space taken by the built-in appliance is the same. The AEG one just had legs to make up the volume. Unlike video... more
You can do better than this microwave.
Author Name: stuartb
Advantages: Looks OK from a distance
Disadvantages: Cheaply made, not stainless inside.
We bought one of these to replace a 10 year old Zanussi microwave/grill. What was striking (in Dec 2012) was how appliances had gone downhill in quality (see reviews of previously well-regarded brands like Bosch/Siemens). AEG has a good reputation in appliances historically, but the built quality of this microwave did not bear it out. We also struggled to find a microwave with decent capacity like our old 30 L Zanussi. The standard sizes now seem to be 17 and 26L. Noticeably smaller and no good reason for this given that the overall space taken by the built-in appliance is the same. The AEG one just had legs to make up the volume. Unlike videos I found online of what seemed to be this microwave, the one we got did NOT have a stainless steel interior (painted white). In fact, the only difference between the white, black and stainless models is a frame on the front (and the colour of buttons). Its boggo standard microwave otherwise. The rotary knob is reasonably solid and feels OK in use, but this and all buttons are platic (nothing worse than plastic trying in vain to look like metal). As it happened, ours arrived damaged (cheap plastic frame being vulnerable in transit) so we sent it back. We purchased an IKEA model instead (Nutid MW6) which although a bit more money (£400 vs £350) is chalk and cheese in terms of quality. Its also 31L, 1000W and comes with a 5 year guarantee. Altenatively check out Which? for a handful of other built-in options which they recommend.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Microwave
- A Red Microwave? Really.....?
- Morphy Richards GBD239H9B - really good little microwave.
- The Hobbs Mirowave, thumbs up!
- Fantastic... until it broke.
- HEY GOOD LOOKIN', WHAT YOU GOT COOKIN'?
- Daewoo KOR6N9RC - a basic but efficient microwave!
- No Frills But Does What It Says On The Box!
- Bigger, but better than we were expecting!
- Great microwave-great price!
- Siemens HF15M562B Built In Microwave Oven in Stainless Steel
- Siemens HF15M662B Built In Microwave Oven in Black
- Siemens HF24M562
- Siemens HF25M6L2B Built In Microwave Oven in Black
- Siemens HF35M562B Built In Microwave Oven in Stainless Steel
- Sharp R762SLM 900Watts Microwave Oven and Grill 25litres Silver
- Sharp AX1110SLM 900Watts Steam Microwave 27litre Black/Silver
- Russell Hobbs RHM2064R 800Watts Microwave 20litre 5 Power Levels Red
- Russell Hobbs RHM2031 800Watts Microwave & Grill 20litre 5 Power Levels Silve
- Russell Hobbs RHM1719B 700Watts Microwave 17litre 10 Power Levels Black