Newest Review: ... 28.1 x 45.5 x 31.5 cm (H x W x D)), making it perfect for my small kitchen and it still takes my largest dinner plates so no pro... more
Great little basic microwave
Member Name: RLB2
Advantages: Easy to use, straightforward controls, easy to clean out and lightweight
Disadvantages: Perhaps the interior light staying on when the door is open and it is only a basic microwave.
I only use the most basic functions on a microwave (defrosting, reheating and heating up tinned food), so this small microwave was perfect for me. I actually have this one in black (bought from Currys) and it looks really smart in my kitchen. It has a small footprint (dimensions: 28.1 x 45.5 x 31.5 cm (H x W x D)), making it perfect for my small kitchen and it still takes my largest dinner plates so no problem there.
It has a maximum power of 700W, which is more than enough for me. The auto programmes are basic (auto defrost, auto reheat etc.) but the ones I have used have been spot on for cooking/defrosting my food (i.e. no burnt/tough edges). It bleeps five times when the cooking is done, which is not too many to be annoying.
It's easy to clean and the vent is on the left hand side, but I have it placed next to a cupboard and as long as there is a gap for air flow there isn't a problem.
There are only a couple of things that could annoy you (although they don't bother me). Firstly the interior light stays on when the door is left open, so if you were letting smells disperse that could be irritating. Secondly the microwave is very light so can be moved easily when cleaning down sides etc. I personally find a light microwave a good thing as I can lift it without asking for any help.
Overall a no nonsense, affordable, basic microwave.
Summary: Overall a no nonsense, affordable, basic microwave.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Microwave
- Good if you only want to heat stuff
- A nice cheap microwave that is as effective as it is value for money
- Sainsburys Stainless Microwave
- A big stylish microwave at a decent price!
- Who needs an oven when you've got the NN-A554W?
- Perfect for all the family
- Russell Hobbs Microwave
- Powerful and stylish
- So simple to use!
- A smart buy of a microwave
- Russell Hobbs RHM2060B
- Sanyo EM-S3597
- Daewoo KOR6N9RW Touch Control
- Samsung MC455TBRCSR Microwave Oven Combination 45L Stainless Steel
- Samsung GE76V-BBH Microwave 750W 20 Litres Grill Black
- Bosch HMT75M551B Compact Microwave Oven 800W 17 Litres
- LG MH5744JL
- Bosch HMT72G450B Microwave Grill 800W 17 Litres Brushed Steel
- De Dietrich DME729X
- De Dietrich DME729B