Product Type: Samsung microwaves
Newest Review: ... decision. I have found the 28 litre capacity good enough to use it with what I usually need. To me the best feature is the wheel to con... more
Member Name: jenny_boo
Advantages: Quickstart microwave feature, ability to use as a conventional oven.
Disadvantages: Use of symbols to depict each buttons purpose, have to remember what button is for what programme.
I brought this as a first microwave, both because i could use it as a conventional oven as well as a microwave and grill. The microwave is powerful and straight forward to use, with the quickstart ability if you only wish to microwave for a short period of time, such as a matter of minutes. The oven option is great as a back up, as i have a single built in oven i find it difficult to cook for larger numbers of guests, therefore having this ability meant i had more room to cook.
However i think these are some of only a few positive points. The symbols on the front represent what you want to use the microwave as, a microwave, grill, oven or combination, i think it would have been better if each button was labelled with these names as you have to remember which icon represents which programme, not a great idea if you dont use it often. The auto defrost feature has not proved to be useful, on a number of occasions i have used this feature, following the guidelines in the instruction manual, to defrost chicken and on all these occasions i have had to put the defrost feature on again as it has not achieved its purpose, this is frustrating as almost makes the feature pointless. Although you are able to defrost without using this feature, it would be helpful however if the oven has this featrure for it to be useable. The size of the microwave is quite large, so make sure you have enough room on work surfaces, mine just about fits on, but i feel this is something unavoidable in order to get the size wanted internally to allow for better use of the oven feature.
I think this microwave is great for use as a second or even alternative oven if youre just cooking something small and dont want to have to put your main oven on, however i feel the microwave has a lot of features which arent worth using and is a little more complicated to understand because of the use of symbols rather than labels on each of the buttons.
Summary: A good microwave and oven as a back up or for extra space.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Microwave
- Goodmans CS23 combi-oven
- All purpose microwave.
- Your flexible friend - would definitely recommend.
- Microwave review
- Cookworks Signature Stainless Steel Microwave with Grill: Great value for money
- Morphy Richards GBD239H9B - really good little microwave.
- great microwave for singles, couples or small families
- Optional Cooking
- Daewoo KOR6N9RC - a basic but efficient microwave!
- No Frills But Does What It Says On The Box!
- Smeg S45MCX
- Panasonic NN-GT576S
- Daewoo KOR6Q8GSL
- Smeg FME20EX2
- Elgento E24001 700Watts Microwave 17litre 6 Power Levels White
- Elgento E24002 700Watts Microwave 17litre 6 Power Levels Black
- Elgento E24004 700Watts Microwave 17litre 6 Power Levels Cream
- Panasonic NN-CF853WBPQ 1000Watts Family Size Combi Microwave 32litre White
- Elgento E24005 700Watts Microwave 17litre 6 Power Levels Plum
- Smeg Linea SC45M2 Built In Compact Microwave Oven with Grill in Stainless Steel