Product Type: Sharp microwaves
Newest Review: ... are all done through knobs rather than a pad so I find it much easier to use than some. This does have some good settings, particul... more
Perhaps more suited to the microwave enthusiast
Member Name: DaisyBuchanan
Advantages: Variety of features means it is extremely useful
Disadvantages: Some would find it over complicated
This microwave has a lot of settings which can be slightly mind boggling when you first get it. A detailed study of the instruction manual. For those less technically minded or the impatient there is also a handy 'auto- minute' button located at the bottom. A plus is that the controls are all done through knobs rather than a pad so I find it much easier to use than some.
This does have some good settings, particularly useful is the defrost programme. Here you just have to enter in the weight of the meat and the microwave does all the clever stuff for you, meaning you only have to come back in 20-30 minutes and find it defrosted and ready. The only annoying thing about that is you cannot set the weight to less than a 1kg, frustrating when cooking for one. It also has 5 power levels, allowing for a range of cooking options.
The appliance is also pretty easy to clean, a quick squirt of kitchen cleaner and it's easily wiped down. It is a large microwave, with a 26 litre capacity and 52x48x31 cms, so may be best built in or in the utility room rather than taking up counter top space.
A huge advantage of this microwave is that it can be used as a convection oven, meaning it can save a lot of money as you are not heating up an entire oven just to get the perfect crispy baked potato. For those who cook a lot, and could do with the extras space, or someone living on their own who prefers
Summary: Good all round appliance at a pretty decent price
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Microwave
- A Red Microwave? Really.....?
- Swan Essentials SM21050W microwave
- My kitchen essential!
- Watch us wreck the mic, watch us wreck the mic... Psyche!
- Microwave and Convection Cooking Oven
- Food for thought and a great little machine if your thought is food
- You can do better than this microwave.
- Fantastic... until it broke.
- Over-Sized, Over-Complicated and Over-Priced
- DeLonghi P90D25EL-B1B
- DeLonghi D90D25ESLRIII
- DeLonghi AC925EFY
- DeLonghi EC928AMR
- DeLonghi P80D20EL-T5A/H
- Samsung Cello MC32F606TCT Microwave Oven Combination 32L 900W Silver
- Panasonic NNSD261MBPQ Inverter
- Daewoo KOR6N9RW Touch Control
- Samsung Cherry MC285TATCSQ Microwave Oven Combination 28L 900W Silver
- Samsung MC455TBRCSR Microwave Oven Combination 45L Stainless Steel