Newest Review: ... have matched my bubble chair looking as retro as it does. Bit bigger than you actually think it is, but it's fantastic to say the least... more
Retro looking microwave and space saving too!
Whirlpool Max 25SIL
Member Name: nmcooper
Whirlpool Max 25SIL
Advantages: Looks great. Saves worktop space. Steam cooking funtion.
Disadvantages: Turntable continues to turn after cooking.
Having just refitted my kitchen I purchased the Whirlpool Max 25 microwave in red, as I liked its retro looks and would fit in nicely with my new Smeg fridge freezer (also in red). The Max 25 is also available in other colours.
At first glance the microwave looks like an old portable tv, and with its rounded back it fits nicely into the corner of the kitchen on a worktop or breakfast bar. Despite being more compact than a conventional shaped microwave the Max 25 still has a 13 litre capacity and a 28cm diameter turntable.
Controls are located on the front edge above the door and are relatively easy to get to grips with. Power can be adjusted up to a maximum of 750w. The microwave also features a jet defrost function, which makes defrosting faster and more even.
I noticed on the other review of this product (by pegster) that the microwave also has a grill. Not sure if that model is slightly different to mine (or if it is a feature that has since been removed), but my Max 25 does not have a grill. It does however have a steam function which works brilliantly. This has meant that I don't have to clutter the kitchen up further with another appliance. Veg cooks no quicker than a conventional steamer but it does save a lot of space. All this for under a hundred quid!
The only thing I have found a little odd is that when it has stopped cooking/heating, the turntable continues to turn (as though it is still cooking). I have contacted Whirlpool to see if this is normal and awaiting their response.
Summary: A great retro looking microwave with good functions that will save you time and space.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Microwave
- Surprisingly superb
- A Good Value Microwave
- Heats food and leaves nothing to be desired
- BEEP BEEP BEEP..................
- Nuke it baby
- Sainsbury's Stainless Steel Microwave
- Good product for a reasonable price, but with a few bad points.
- Panasonic microwave - defrost
- A sleek shiny machine
- The power to warm...quickly
- Whirlpool 35 CRG
- Smeg FME20TC3 Built In Microwave Oven and Grill in Stainless Steel
- Whirlpool AMW 498IX
- Whirlpool AMW 836 IX
- Whirlpool AMW 848 IX
- Sharp R762SLM 900Watts Microwave Oven and Grill 25litres Silver
- Sharp AX1110SLM 900Watts Steam Microwave 27litre Black/Silver
- Russell Hobbs RHM2064R 800Watts Microwave 20litre 5 Power Levels Red
- Daewoo KOR6L6BD 800Watts Compact DuoPlate Microwave 20litres White
- Daewoo KOR6L65W 800Watts Compact Microwave 20litres White