Product Type: Apple Mobile Phone Case
Newest Review: ... kept in the house but travels around a lot, surely it needs a back cover too! Apple should make it clearer in their description that this ... more
Apple Smart Cover. A perfect match for the perfect iPad
Apple iPad 2 Smart Cover
Member Name: AlfHillier
Apple iPad 2 Smart Cover
Advantages: Ergonomically brilliant and very stylish
Disadvantages: Doesnt protect the back and kind of expensive
Seeing as all of Apple's products are stunningly build, it is always in your interests to protect them from any scratches. There are a wide range of products out there which will do just that, particularly the Apple Smart Cover.
I was initially interesting in something which would protect both the back and front of my iPad so I bought a Goji Portfolio Case which has served my iPad well. However, I wanted something more stylish, something which would make my iPad look even better. Therefore I got myself the Green Smart Cover.
The Apple Smart Cover is an ergonomic dream for any iPad owner. It is designed to both protect and clean the screen whilst doubling up as a typing or viewing stand. The biggest problem with the Smart Covers is that it doesn't protect the back of your iPad but if you purchase a compatible back cover, this will bot be a problem.
Most impressively, the Smart Cover is also designed to interact with your iPad, having the ability to turn it off once it covers the screen. This will save you wear and tear on continuously pushing the on/off button.
The smart cover is pretty expensive for what is, around £35 for the Polyurethane version and around £60 for the leather version. There are cheaper alternatives available but there might not necessary be of the same quality and design.
The magnets which attach the Smart Cover to the iPad can be pretty forceful and almost throw themselves at your iPad so be careful when attaching as there could be the potential for scratches if you continuously take it on and off.
I would recommend the Smart Covers as they are stylish and they make your iPad look even better than it already is. Ok, it is pricey for what it is and there are alternatives out there but I reckon this is a great accessory (in conjunction with a back cover) and you have a choice of different colours to choose from.
Summary: A great accessory for any iPad owner but be sure to get yourself a cover for the back aswell
More reviews in the field of Mobile Phone Case
- OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Apple iPhone 5
- OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Apple iPhone 4, 4S
- Griffin Survivor Case for Apple iPad mini
- Belkin Leather Tab Cover with Stand for Apple iPad mini
- Belkin Cinema Leather Folio with Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- Dicota Löv Sleeve for Apple iPhone 4, 4S; HTC Wildfire; Nokia N8-00
- Dicota Booklet for BlackBerry Curve 8520, 8530; Curve 3G 9300, 9330
- Dicota Silicone for BlackBerry Curve 8520, 8530; Curve 3G 9300, 9330
- Belkin Snap Shield for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi
- Belkin Slim Folio for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi