Product Type: Cath Kidson Mobile Phone Case
Newest Review: ... are available in range of prints - and they regularly bring out new styles. They still make them for the I Phone 4/4S at presen... more
Pretty.....for a while.
Cath Kidston iPhone 4 case
Member Name: kama0529
Cath Kidston iPhone 4 case
Advantages: Nice design. Fits well.
Disadvantages: Expensive. Case scratches and cracks.
I do love Cath Kidston products and sometimes I think that my house looks a bit like a Cath Kidston warehouse! One product that was bought for me for my birthday was a Chath Kidston iPhone 4 case and my first impressions were that the cover was lovely - however, first impressions are not always the best judge of a product. There really isn't many Cath Kidston products that I haven't really loved, but unfortunately, this product is just really substandard and I'm surprised it's remained part of the range.
There are a number of designed to choose from, but the one I had is one called the British Birds Cath Kidston iPhone 4 Case. The design itself is lovely. The background is black and then it has a cute little pink / peach wren on the centre of the back of the case - and also little pink / peach flowers and lovely green leaves. The bird is perched on a little branch and it looks very sweet indeed. However, this design is tempered by the fact that the price is incredibly high and is currently priced at £24.95 - which I feel is very expensive for an iPhone case. I certainly wouldn't have paid that out had I been thinking of buying it, but as it was a gift it was obviously gratefully received.
While the phone cover does fit on the iPhone 4 well and everything is lined up with the switches etc. and so this also made a good first impression. The phone cover is made out of Polycarbonate and so it makes for a hard case and so while it fitted well, it also felt like it was less forgiving and somehow felt more brittle than the rubbery iPhone cases I had used in the past. However, I did reason that maybe the hard case would protect the phone more - and so I gave it the benefit of the doubt.
Although my phone remained protected by the case, unfortunately the case did not seem able to protect itself! Within a few weeks the case was starting to look a bit scratched and less attractive. And then on the first occasion that I dropped the phone, a small crack appeared in the case which then spread over the next 6 weeks or so. After about 3 months of wear the case was looking so battered that I decided to remove it and put it where it belonged.....in the bin.
Unfortunately, I don't think this is a good product. It is pretty, but it doesn't stay pretty for very long.
Summary: Don't bother.
More reviews in the field of Mobile Phone Case
- A case that feels better made than the thing it protects!
- Apple Smart Cover. A perfect match for the perfect iPad
- Defender is a good name for this case
- Protecting My New Toy
- Look no further for a decent RETRO "jacket" for your iPhone
- A must have for your iPad
- ~ * Saved My Blackberry's Life * ~
- My little saviour
- More for looks than practicality.
- Excellent quality for a bargain price!
- OtterBox Defender Series for Apple iPhone 3G, 3GS
- OtterBox Commuter Series for BlackBerry Bold 9700, 9780
- OtterBox Reflex Series Case for Apple iPhone 4, 4S
- OtterBox Commuter Series Strength Case for BlackBerry Curve 9350, 9360, 9370
- Tecknet iPad 3 Cover
- Liliyang London Ebony Card Holder
- CM AOX Pink Tablet Sleeve
- Liliyang London Ebony and Cobalt Calf Leather iPad Case
- Liliyang London Ebony and Cobalt Calf Leather iPhone Case
- CM AOX Black Leather Tablet Case