Product Type: Griffin Mobile Phone Case
Newest Review: ... am not the hardest user of my iphone but it does get thrown in my pocket regularly when I am keeping fit, taking the dog a walk or do... more
Beat that ninja phone
Griffin Survivor iPhone Case
Member Name: fififo
Griffin Survivor iPhone Case
Advantages: Easy to use and good phone protection
Disadvantages: Not at all pretty and tricky for taking photos
I've got one of those ninja iPhones which leap of furniture at random times for no obvious reason, straight onto the wooden floor. Yes I have insurance but that isn't going to save the photos etc I have on the phone. I was buying a robust case for my daughter's iPad when I came across this phone cover and thought, problem solved.
The cover comes in three parts:
- A rigid plastic frame, including a screen cover, which is clipped around the phone to protect it.
- A thick silicone cover which goes over the frame increasing the protection
- A clip which goes over the silicone cover to let you attach it to your belt. (Never used so not part of the
It is incredibly easy and intuitive to put together as there are gaps all over for the different parts of the phone such as the charging point and the camera. There are also instructions but I didn't need to follow them at all. You can take it on and off fairly quickly too.
There are a variety of colours including pink, white and blue available but I chose black. With the cover on the phone looks like a (how to say this nicely) BRICK. So much like a brick that my nephew thought I had lost my iPhone. Could this be a security feature making it an unlikely target for theft ?
It definitely works. Now when the phone jumps from the table to the floor, you can hardly hear it at all and I feel safe in the knowledge that it's not going to get damaged.
For day to day use, I don't believe that the case interferes with the running of the phone. The outer edges of the screen are lightly obscured by the phone but not in a way that would cause any problems. I also have no difficulty using all the screen functions or changing the phone to silent. I play bejewelled on my phone and noticed no difference when the cover is on. Sound quality seems the same but I don't listen to a lot of music so I cannot fully comment.
The one big drawback with the case is the camera. For safety, the camera lens is covered with a silicone triangle that you can lift away when taking a photo, Now it may just be me but I struggle to hold the triangle out of the way, keep the phone steady and take a picture. It is manageable for the odd picture but when you are taking a lot of them in a day, it becomes too much. It got so annoying during a recent walk round the Olympic mascots in London that I removed the case entirely.
To sum up, this is a very robust case that will protect your iPhone well without interfering with its function as a phone or screen device. However it detracts significantly from the design quality of the phone and makes taking photos cumbersome.
Summary: Good strong case but you'll want to remove it of taking a lot of photos
More reviews in the field of Mobile Phone Case
- Belkin Leather Snap Folio for Apple iPhone 5
- Belkin Verve Tab Folio Belkin Verve Tab Folio
- Belkin Shield Sheer Matte for Samsung GALAXY S4
- Belkin Verve Tab Folio for Amazon Kindle Touch
- Trust Smart Case & stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- E.P.J. Seymour Red Lion Credit and Business Card Holder
- E.P.J. Seymour White Hart Card Sleeve
- E.P.J. Seymour Nag's Head iPhone Sleeve
- Liliyang London Ebony Card Holder
- CM AOX Pink Tablet Sleeve