Product Type: Motorola mobile phones
Newest Review: ... which I bought to replace this thing. The screen resolution, as with all mid 2000s Motorola phones, was pitiful at best. The camera was rea... more
The motorola K1
Motorola MOTOKRZR K1
Member Name: Huomenna
Motorola MOTOKRZR K1
Advantages: stylish, durable, good range of features
Disadvantages: bad for internet, camera poor quality
I've had the K1 for quite some time now and it has lasted me very well - the phone is still in perfect working order and I have had no major problems with it.
- The design is very sleek, and available in a variety of colours to suit individual tastes. I have the black but I believe it is also available in blue, silver and pink.
- The keypad lights up when you touch any key which is an attractive feature and useful when using the phone in the dark.
- The K1 comes with a camera. There is also a screen on the front so when you close the phone you can use it to take a self portrait without all the guess work of where you are in the viewfinder.
- The menu is simple and easy to navigate.
- Durable - it's been dropped on concrete many a time and this hasnt affected its performance in the slightest, although it has left it with a few scratches.
- There is a voice recording and camcorder option.
- The phone comes with a mini SD card and SD adaptor.
- Although this phone was brought out some time ago it still has the appearance of a modern mobile and hasn't aged as obviously as some other models.
- The K1 is also a decent size - not small enough to constantly lose it but not big and heavy enough to weigh you down.
- Camera is poor quality
- The battery lasts a long time when the phone is on standby but diminishes rather quickly when chatting to someone.
- Size of mini SD provided is very small (only 128mb) so an upgrade is advisable.
- Anything you write in the phones calendar gets wiped when the next month comes around so you can't use it to check back on something.
- The shiny surface of the phone is prone to scratches and invariably gets covered in finger prints.
- There is internet access but in a very limited form (nothing like the more recent phones capabilities such as the iphone) as the screen is small so it's not really worth bothering with.
*This is an updated version of a review I posted on ciao*
Summary: The K1 is a good mobile that has stoof the test of time better than other mobiles
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|