Product Type: Nokia mobile phones
Newest Review: ... any flashy apps, but the battery life is excellent and it has all the features you could want from a non-iphone type phone. The phone i... more
An interesting Nokia phone?!
Nokia 6220 classic
Member Name: gemzeh
Nokia 6220 classic
Advantages: GPS, dictionary, menu customisation, brilliant camera
Disadvantages: Some of the buttons are a bit silly, still looks a bit plain, battery life
Though Nokia phones are usually pretty good and I really liked them, I went through a phase of upgrading to Samsung phones as the Nokia ones looked a bit boring! It seemed Nokia phones had a tendency to be oblong, flat and black and they all just looked ever so dull. Though the 6220 fits perfectly into this category (it is oblong, flat and plain looking), it has one difference: it comes in a glorious purple colour! This was enough to get me to look at the phone, and in the end I bought it over any of the usual Samsung phones that were available.
This is a great little phone. It does so many things, and although I'm not usually into all the extra features on phones, the ones on the 6220 are brilliant! As well as the standard things on a phone, it also has the following:
- A brilliant 5 mega pixel camera. It takes good photos! I personally would never abandon my actual camera as I just bought it in the summer, but if you just wanted to take photos on your phone all the time, 5 mega pixels should be substantial enough for you not to invest in a separate camera, and it has great picture quality. It also comes with a rather swishy lens cover, which protects the lens so it doesn't get bashed about in my bag!
- A dictionary (which speaks the words out loud if you want it to, and you can choose whether the voice is male or female - genius), which is really handy. Although it doesn't have every word I've wanted to look up, it probably has had about 70% of them. It also has commonly used phrases, which I only really use if I want to freak my brother out by making the 'voice' say the phrases! Other people might find this useful though if you hear someone use a phrase and aren't quite sure what it means.
- GPS. When I got this phone and I saw GPS I didn't really pay much attention to it as I didn't understand what is was all about. However, I get lost walking anywhere and everywhere (I famously once got lost going to my Grandma's house, and she lives in the same town...), and the GPS is actually incredible for my predicament! It really works and just having it with me makes me more confident, as I know I can always rely on it if I get stuck! It's very handy and so easy to use!
- A radio and music player - both work well. The phone comes with 120mb storage, which you can use to put music on, and there is also a slot in the phone to add in extra memory, which would be handy if you're looking to get a phone that can also work effectively as an mp3 player
- Internet - it's really easy to use the internet, and I've found it quite handy when I'm stuck on the train etc, as a way of passing the time to just zip through web pages, and the phone makes them very easy to navigate. It also keeps a history of pages you have visited, which is handy for me as I tend to just keep visiting the same pages so I don't have to put in the same information each time
Overall, this is a great phone. It is easy to create shortcuts to whatever features you want, and customise the set up and menu however you like. The menu is easy to use, and the phone generally is so easy to get used to and operate. It is easy to make and receive calls, and you can find everything you need within the touch of a few buttons if you customise your menu and shortcuts well.
The only annoying drawbacks of this phone are that some of the buttons on the phone are quite small (the menu button, for instance), and because of the layout of the keypad, I keep hitting the 'cancel' button by mistake when I am creating a new text message and it then disappears from my screen. (Though I can then get it back by going into the 'drafts' folder, but this is still annoying).
The back of the phone is also made of really light plastic. This means the phone isn't heavy, but it also might put some people off if they perceive it to look less expensive than the back on normal phones. I personally like the material it's made from as it looks quite funky, so this isn't an issue for me. The thing that really is a problem though, is the battery life. I'm not sure why but the battery on my phone only lasts a few days (my last phone lasted 7 days). This isn't through me doing anything particularly different, and I have to charge it much more frequently than I did with my last phone.
Summary: A great little phone - but keep your charger handy!
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|