* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
I've had mine for a year now and I have to say it suits me well.
I particularly like:
- being a flip I can't hit keys accidentally when it's in my pocket
- it's a "smartish" phone, running Symbian S60
- its integration with MS Outlook works really well, so well in fact that I have stopped using my paper diary. Just to be on the safe side, I have everything backed up onto the server at work so if the phone goes pop I can recover everything. With bluetooth enabled and synchronising set to every 15 minutes I don't have to do anything to ensure that backups take place.
- the MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint readers that come with it mean I can bluetooth agendas and such like to it and not bother printing them out.
Apart from that, its ability as a phone is good, its battery life is long, its phonebook is cavernous, the radio and music players work well (get an adapter off ebay to plug a regular headset in), the camera takes really good pictures in good light and, no surprise, I love it!
The Nokia 6290 is designed to meet the needs of the hectic professional looking to balance a hectic business and social calendar. With a number of practical new features, multiple alarms and handy Quick Cover access keys which enable instant access to a wide range of the device's useful features, including an interactive world travel application, consumers can use their mobile for many things. With constant connectivity via 3G technology, the Nokia 6290 ensures productivity remains a priority, providing email access, as well as connections to favorite websites. The Nokia 6290's mobile search application ensures the leading search engines and location-specific services are only the touch of a button away.
While the Nokia 6290 has been designed to help people manage time and improve productivity, this smartphone will be best appreciated for its simplicity. An ergonomic keypad, fast access keys and intuitive menu structure make getting started simpler than ever. The Nokia 6290 also offers a Setup Wizard to guide users through the process of establishing their specific email, MMS functions as well as operator-specific settings.