Product Type: Nokia mobile phones
Newest Review: ... screen display. Also you get keys to the left as 'play' and 'stop' ideal for listening to music. Push it to the left you will get the ... more
Everything you ever wanted in a phone
Nokia N95 8GB
Member Name: ocean0201
Nokia N95 8GB
Advantages: Features, features, features
Disadvantages: not iPhone, not for novice users
I own a Nokia N95 8GB mobile for past six months and overall i am pleased with it. There are few problems and I even had to send it for repairs once (LCD stopped working, but nokia replaced the phone..good service), but its still a very nice piece of phone
Here are the good and bad points of the n95 8GB
1) Features: A very long list of features make it the only device you need to carry with you. I use it for music, camera , playing games , GPS and sometimes to browse as well.
2) Extensibility: With symbian OS, you can add many apps to your phone making it a perfect companion. try out forums like n95users.com, where a big list of apps is available.
3) Interface: Its not a iPhone and it cannot compete with iPhone in the user interface. If you are not keen on touch screen, the n95 user interface is not bad. The music player is very good.
4) Battery: When i bought the phone i read poor reviews about the battery life. Its not that bad. If do not have too many apps open it goes a long way.
1) Its not iPhone: The iPhone User interface is amazing and n95 cannot compete there
2) Lots of features, not all work: The phone has many features but they are not perfect. The GPS is hit and miss, the camera has many options which most users will not get and installing/using apps require a bit technical mindset.
3) n96: The big brother of n95, n96 is on its way. So if you want to buy now, better to wait for n96.
Overall, if you are technically savvy, this phone is the right phone for you. For basic users that crave style, stick to iPhone.
Summary: n95 8GB has everything you ever wanted from a mobile phone.