Product Type: Samsung mobile phones
Newest Review: ... and while this phone has a whole lot of apps it doesn't deliver the things I need for my business. When I first got it I was excited b... more
Decent processor inside a lousy phone
Samsung GT S8000 Jet
Member Name: dmg73
Samsung GT S8000 Jet
Advantages: Looks, sound quality, makes calls...occasionally
Disadvantages: Rubbish touchscreen, poor aerial, a lot of software errors
This is a bit of a negative review but I thought it would be helpful to write about some of the issues I have had with my Samsung Jet GT S8000.
1. Orange filled it with so much of their branded rubbish that the phone had almost no internal memory available. I could not uninstall any of these nor could have I been able to install any new widgets (not that there are many decent ones). I installed a memory card but you need phone memory sapce for the widgets...so this never worked. The phone was advertised in the Orange shop as having all the latest media apps (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook etc) when in fact it had none and I am unable to install any of these due to all the Orange rubbish. Ok this is technically not the phone's fault but still an irritation...so be careful when buying from Orange.
2. The touchscreen is not very good at all. It is unresponsive and takes a hefty press (often two or three) to respond. Scrolling is difficult and tapping on anything small when browsing the internet (like a username box) is annoyingly difficult.
3. There are hardly no widgets available in the supposed Widgets Store and those that are available are remarkably poor.
4. The screen wallpaper cannot be locked. This means that when you try to move a widget or access the sidebar containing widgets you inadvertantly switch the wallpaper. Very annoying.
5. There appears to be no way to turn off the beeping noise when you press onscreen keys...unless you have the phone in silent mode. Or if there is I have not found it and no-one else I know can work it out either!
6. There is a distict lack of available support for the phone, either online or in paper format.
7. The flash on the camera turns people into ghosts when taking a picture indoors. Their faces literally become orbs of light.
8. Very weak reception. I often cannot get any decent reception when friends (also on Orange so its not the network) have no reception problems. I have been with Orange for my last 2 previous phones and never had any problems in these areas.
Ok think that is about it for my gripes....well there may be a few more minor ones but hopefully you have realised that I think this is a dreadful phone. The processor may be fairly swift and able to handle multiple apps/windows at once but what is the point when the touchsceen is too poor to allow decent web browsing and there are minimal decent apps for the phone?!
I would not recommend buying a Samsung Jet, there are a a plenitude of better phones available for the same price.
Summary: Not a user-friendly phone. Far too many design and software errors
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|