Product Type: Samsung mobile phones
Newest Review: ... mp3 player (back, play/pause and forward). Once opened, the larger 176 x 220, 9 line display is revealed, with the Samsung logo to it's ... more
Member Name: Cl41r3
Advantages: Easy to use, takes good pictures
Disadvantages: People sometimes have difficulty understanding me
I got my Samsung at the end of July 2005. Because I have a contract with O2 I didnt have to pay for the mobile as it comes free. I have been happy with this mobile the only problem I have had is that sometimes people have a problem understanding what I am saying when talking to them on the phone. My step-son also has the same problem with this phone, other than that I dont have any other problems.
----------Look of the phone ----------
This phone is approximately 9cm long and 4.5cm wide and weighs aprox 80g. The phone is dark grey and silver colour. The front of the phone has a camera at the top with a light either side which is your flash, under that is the external screen (96by96 pixels), under the screen it says 'SAMSUNG' under that there is three keys: back, play/pause and forward. On the right side of the phone there is a button which when pressed takes you to the camera mode, you can use this feature when the phone is opened or closed by pressing and holding. On the left side is a the up and down buttons which also control volume and a place to plug in ear piece. The bottom of the phone is where you plug the charger in. I think this is an attractive looking phone it is quite hard wearing too as I have dropped my phone quite a few times and somehow still havnt scratched it.
When you open the phone There is your main screen (176by220 pixels) In the top left hand corner shows your signal and the top left hand corner shows the amount of battery you have, unless you have the bluetooth on all the time the battery seems to last a long time, I usually charge my phone every second or third day depending how much I have used the phone. You can have the date and time displayed on your phone just under where the signal and battery is shown. In the bottom left hand corner you can access the menu and the left bottom corner you can access your contacts. Through the menu you access call records, phonebook, applications, browser, messages, file manager, calendar, camera and settings.
When you enter the call records there is six options:
1. current contacts - this lists all your calls, dialled, recieved and missed.
2. missed calls
3. dialled calls
4. recieved calls
5. delete all - this allows you to delete all your call records.
6. call time - this shows your last call time, total sent and total recieved, you can also reset all your call timers by entering a password (00000000)
----- Phonebook -----
There are seven options when you enter the phonebook:
1. contacts list
2. add new contact
4. speed dial - you can set different people to different numbers (2to9) to make it easier to call them.
5. my name card
6. own number - you can add up to three numbers here
You can save up to 1000numbers on your phone and 250 onto your sim card.
----- Applications -----
1. java world
2. O2 music player
3. voice recorder
4. world time
5. alarm (snooze/once/daily/weekly) - There are three alarms on this phone: morning call, alarm 1, alarm 2.
6. pim sync
8. converter - currency, length, weight, volume, area, and temperature
1. home - this takes you to O2 active homepage
2. bookmarks - this gives a shortcut to different web pages
3. http:// - here you can type in a web site you want to go to
4. wap profile
5. clear cache
1. create message
2. my messages - this is where you access all your messages, inbox, drafts, out box, sent, email box and my folders.
3. templates - you can add templates for quicker message writing.
4. delete all - you can delete all your messages in one go or just select so many messages which you want deleting.
6. memory status - you can save 20 messages on your sim and 200 on your phone.
-----file manager -----
1. images - here you save all your images: photos and downloaded images
2. videos - here you save all your video clips and downloaded videos
3. music - this is where you save all your MP3 music
4. sounds - this is where all your polyphonic ringtones are saved
5. other files
6. memory status
----- Calendar -----
You have a full calendar that you can add things to: schedule, anniversary, memo and to do. You can set a hundred of each type of memo.
----- Camera -----
There is a built in mega pixel camera with flash. There is three different shooting modes: single shot, multi shot or mosaic shot. There is 4x digital zoom so you can zoom in and out. You can also add different effects to your picture (grey scale, negative, sepia, emboss, antique, moonlight, fog), there is also 31 frames which you can choose from to add to your picture. There is also a video where you can record for upto 60 minutes, this has all the same effects as the camera but you cannot add frames. The camera takes really good picture except for when its a bit dark - even if you use the flash when its dark the pictures are still very bitty, The sound quality on the videos is also quite good - i recorded my daughter laughing and my saon saying 'da-da' for my boyfriend to see as he had not heard them before. I will add 4 photos taken by my camera at the end of this review.
----- Settings -----
1. time and date - here you set the dat and time for the phone and choose whether you want a 24hr clock or 12 hour clock.
2. phone settings - here you access languages, short cuts and extra settings
3. display settings - here you can choose your wallpaper for your main display and cover display
4. sound settings - here you can set the different tones for your phone: incoming call (polyphonic or mp3), keypad tone, message tone, power on/off, folder tone or turn it to quite mode (vibration or mute).
5. network services
8. connection settings
9. reset settings
This phone costs around £199.99 but you may be able to get it frr on contract.
----------What I think of this phone ----------
I think this is a good phone, I always have a good signal, the picture quality and sound quality is good and it is easy to use. I would recommend this phone to people and I waill more than likely get another samsung when I change my phone.
Thanks for reading
(Have also posted this on ciao)
Summary: This is a good phone and easy to use .
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|