Product Type: Sony Ericsson mobile phones
Newest Review: ... of using this phone I had it sent to get repaired roughly 6 times but the same problem kept happening again and again so I gave up on i... more
Loved the phone except it was a nightmare!
Sony Ericsson W580i
Member Name: rozeena1993
Sony Ericsson W580i
Date: 04/08/12, updated on 10/08/12 (13 review reads)
Advantages: Good looking slide phone. Shake control Walkman. Shortcut feature button. Bluetooth. Good size.
Disadvantages: Keypad buttons are like they are stuck on with glue. 2 mp camera. Battery life could be better.
I had this phone for about a year. I loved the phone itself but it was also a nightmare! One of my friends also had this phone and it also was a nightmare for him.
I use to text a lot on the phone but my friend didn't do that much texting even though the same thing happened to his phone. After about a month of using it the hash button on the keypad fell off/broke off. The keypad itself isn't strong or stable. The keypads move around a lot and will eventually break off. In the year of using this phone I had it sent to get repaired roughly 6 times but the same problem kept happening again and again so I gave up on it. It was like the buttons were just stuck on with super glue or something! I don't know if they have fixed the problem or not though yet. Hopefully they have because it was a great phone.
It is a Walkman so I'm happy to say the speakers are good quality. It also had shake control which is where you just shake the phone to change songs. The camera is good for a 2 megapixel camera. It has a 930 mAh Li-Pol battery, standby time up to 570 hours and talk time up to 15 hours.
I would recommend this phone, but only if they have fixed the keypad problem otherwise it isn't worth all the hassle of sending it to get repaired lots of times. When I did experience problems with the keypad I searched on-line if anyone else had the same problem and quite a lot of people did.
Things I found good about this phone that made me love it:
- Dimensions: 99 x 47 x 14 mm
- Weight: 94 g
- Can have your own wallpaper, theme and screensaver
- I found that the vibration alert is very loud, loud enough so you can know when someone has contacted you even when your phone is in your pocket
- Downloadable polyphonic, MP3 and AAC ringtones
- Loudspeaker option during phone calls
- Very good, loud and clear speakers which I expected as it is a Walkman
- Memory Stick Micro (M2), up to 4GB. 512MB card included. Internal, 12 MB
- 1000 contacts on the phone and you can add a picture to the contacts
- Shortcut feature
- Battery life: Standard battery, Li-Po 930 mAh (BST-38)
Stand-by Up to 370 h
Talk time Up to 9 h
Summary: Overall the phone itself is good and the only bad thing I need to say about it is the buttons.
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|