Newest Review: ... good in this respect. This was very easy to set up and did not involve a great deal of paperwork. ***Mortgage Having 4 separate mortgag... more
Natwest One Account Mortgage
Member Name: shazmart
Advantages: Reduces mortgage term time
Disadvantages: Not as much spending money!
I have always rated Natwest Bank as a market leader. I have banked with them for the past 20 years and have never had any complaints. Recently my husband and i decided that we would enquire about changing our existing mortgage to one that would offer us more than our current one. We made an appointment with the mortgage advisor at our local Natwest Bank and was very impressed with the advice we got. The advisor recommended the "Natwest One Account" which is a mortgage that is linked to your savings, similar to the Virgin one. The advisor completed all the paperwork with us and organised a surveyor. We have now had this mortgage for about six months and cannot believe the time we have already reduced our mortage term by. I would recommend this type of mortgage to those that have their salary paid into their bank accounts and that manage not to spend it all in one month! This is because the amount you leave in your account assists in reducing your interest. When the statement comes you can see clearly how much your mortgage has decreased by and it advises you how many years you can reduce your payments by if you continue to pay whatever you are currently paying. It clearly shows you how much you can borrow, if you need to, but to be honest, when you see in black and white how much you are saving you leave your money where it is!
Summary: Excellent choice but does not suit everybody's circumstances
More reviews in the field of Mortgage
- Alliance can be a real contender
- Dont trust First Direct. They make unacceptable mistakes
- Tired and Trapped by Abbey AKA Shabbey
- First Direct - First Class
- Chance to reduce your debt
- Halifax Mortgage Warning - my personal experience!
- Local building society that it worth checking directly for both savings and mort ...
- Solid Building Society But Only Average Rates
- Counter service a sheer delight - telephone manner has some gaps
- Took much of the stress away